FE6 NM: Roy+Bows Only (with sidekicks) [Completed]

Tequila

This is pretty awesome. It's pretty insane how much you're able to do with no real Enemy Phase to speak of (although I guess, at least all the annoying nomads in Sacae suicide themselves on you). Also, your Lot is pretty abysmal, honestly, but your Igrene is looking really good!

[spoiler=Love Shack, Part 1]

VbJE5uo.png

About damn time you showed up.

k6SAXaz.png

Yes, so we are. Are you scared?

7nbKqMn.png

Those are some damn big seams. It's not like we're dealing with a vermin infestation.

Wait, actually we kind of are.

6Ngir6Z.png

Team Tightly Packed is ready to go!

kGEzn6e.pngYoRj9xf.pngeDtiFMA.pngGCDPhBt.png

8wtx6JN.pngYCDGhmK.png

Let's just say that the front doorsmen weren't terribly threatening.

H3JkIT2.png

Basically, everyone moved up. Now to see what kind of nasty surprises are in store for me.

bZcglSg.pngjg4I4s0.png7jNhvQK.png

Lovely.

dwLhfkk.png

This guy's got a red gem. Unfortunately, I sold my warp staff some time ago. It'll have to remain unstolen.

D9CLtjT.png9x9T2L5.pngG2zuY6L.png

Destroy everything!

04l0AVt.png

End of turn 2.

OmGwxox.pngDg4PsFv.png

Sigh.

Deaths: Lot (1), Dorothy (1), Shin (1), Klain (2), Saul (1), Roy (1), Astore (1)

4fStJlo.pngC5wyz7x.png

Approximately 15 resets later...Z0E7Imp.png

Yeah, sure, whatever.

zDxWWIG.pngye1BKvo.png

Like hell you, will, Gramps. Have you seen your stats?!

EWGeL1r.pngg4uw6po.png

...That'd be respectable for like, level 3, tops. YOU CAN'T EVEN CAP SPEED!

And let's not get started on your growths. Aside from HP, Dayan has nothing above 20.

Yes, I said above. Not below.

I think the only person with worse growths than him is Niime. And she at least has decent bases.

VHVrFJE.pngfkIUvyY.pnglb4g1Vr.png

Right team has passed the foyer.

e0wrW7U.pngdQTsHsm.pngJlwA27w.pngcmoqh7I.png

Team left is raiding the kitchen. Dorothy caps strength taking down a fried chicken that tried to attack her.

That warrior you see there? It has a killer axe. Should I be concerned?

xFp9n8d.png

Nah.

CZjfGKx.pngIX94Aiv.png

Not rigged/10. I'd rescue him, but I need him to open the next set of doors, and I forgot to buy door keys.

mv09gbr.pngC4jF3YW.png

Business as usual.

qXVKcit.pngcgRYWUB.pngy4uDUvG.png9EtbCT9.png

The pantry has officially been raided.

xyi6Gqw.png58sal4b.png

Meanwhile, in the hallway closet, Astore opens a door and realizes he's in trouble.

ftsWlnw.png4Yg55LW.png

Clarine calms down her brother and Roy...well...sucks. I don't go through with this.

riuAkLs.pngtYeNTxj.png

Instead, Bartre chips and Roy finishes for a nice level.

gGgLP3k.png9QQXaXx.png

So..it turned out I did have a door key, and Astore had it. Amazingly useless. Sue trades away one of her bows and rescues him; she can tank a hit.

RiHGuov.png

Plus, she and Wolt are in range to give Roy some support bonuses.

oGpYEtl.png

You were supposed to go after Roy, numbnuts. Oh well.

rE4o0Wd.png

And Clarine gets OHKOd.

Deaths: Lot (1), Dorothy (1), Shin (1), Klain (2), Saul (1), Roy (1), Astore (1), Clarine (1)

SapE4kk.pngTBUzaAb.pngnJOkn0P.pngdZiBYA9.png

This time, I had Klain rescue his sister, so everyone went after Roy. Fortunately, he is pro and dodged two killing shots. Also, Dayan sucks.

HWzIGq4.png

One of the bolting sages has made a critical mistake.

xRUYf90.png

I move Roy back into the doorway, and Saul tops him off. Igrene's picked up Clarine from Klain.

g2IYfUk.png

So Klain can retrieve Astore from Sue.

QCHfIlU.pngvcc3rJh.png

So that Sue can go to town on this fucker, and still be in range for Roy.

lm1l1vl.png

Mission successful. Roy's poised to chip the warrior, whilst hopefully dodging other long-range nasties.

LEfKU7W.png

I don't want to move Niime in ballista range, so she tops Dayan off from afar (I don't know why I didn't send another healer west, but I'm only using her for healing, I swear).

IwFbC6F.png

The left side has no door keys, so they're just gonna chill. Shin and his 77 avoid are going to tank the ballista.

OQHqMAC.pngUZY4jec.png8fyB6vu.png

Beautiful.

OT1qru3.pngkY6YMw8.pngplNplyQ.png

More beauty.

tMPcs6n.png

Ya know, I never noticed until now that the terrain box shows how many shots are left. I wonder if FE7 does the same. Anyway, that fucker's going down.

2S43K6F.png

First, Sue opens the door. Roy also moves into range.

dVYFbDv.pngWeNfdzG.png

Next, Wolt takes Sue's 1-use longbow.

ADZeim2.pngoM3EIxD.png

SKEWERED.

It's OK, Astore, you can come out now.

rYicar8.png

Can't do much on the left side, so Lot decides to lure this guy down for some experience.

LYIidRQ.pngoQ2G7WM.pngo7HwXF3.pngCbvHSap.png

My guys are just too good.

UW2U73F.png

That insane crit rate means nothing if you can't hit in the double digits. Everyone except Roy, Astore, and the healers are probably ok.

[spoiler=Love Shack, Part 2]

bLPU9qC.png

Gold! Lovely gold!

6kybFoq.png

I move my guys up, making sure to remain out of Wo Dao range.

ltJbJpD.png

I think this is the last shot.

ZyDl5tQ.png

On PP, I move team Shin/Dorothy to lure some knights and sages, and realize there was a broken wall here. Honestly Roartz, your security is SHIT.

nrZ4GHv.png

Igrene removes the somewhat menacing menace.

CTeFjmI.png

More loot. This will probably go to...actually, I have no idea. Shin, maybe. Dayan's offenses might be awful, but his defense is ok.

hJfs808.pngoRhcPga.png

Some counterattacks; some more successful than others.

D2mPTy7.png5oSBPzb.pngBarAcIU.pngG9zx4I5.png

Shin too OP, plz nerf.

xkhneMK.png

The guy on the ballista gets off his high horse, hits, and then, because Lot's steel bow had 1 use left, doesn't promptly get his ass handed to him.

VfGGi3a.png

Good...good.

wHiYHRs.png5aDyppI.png3fWFgUu.png

That won't save you!

Oj506Ka.pngKT0eEeq.png

Then, to lure in that other sniper, Wade and Dayan rescue-drop Lot out of the way.

yqblPoZ.pngvh3infR.png

With a thunderous crash, the troops come pouring in from both sides. Well, one side's thunderous. The other side's more clicky-click.

PGBZuZp.pngYyJaSFD.png

Igrene fails to crit, AGAIN.

9mSz0GX.png

But she don't care.

hw1MGEi.pngqoZjG5K.png

Nor do Wade or Bartre.

RTAbKpr.png1te7r2F.png

YES! Lot finally realizes he's not living up to his full potential and sets out to rectify it.

jZrtMWL.png

Yeah...useless.

fujOfu3.png

Might as well feed him.

kfaiApe.png

Roartz, as elf01 pointed out in his playthrough, is kinda tanky. But not very fast.

i8py8rb.pngniAr3pV.png1Gz2yFR.png

Some chipping, another fantastic level. I savestate here because I always do after good levels.

MiwCFIq.pngit5pHKV.png

Not bad-hey wait a sec. He had a red gem. I forgot to steal it.

REWIND!

MKk1dy0.png

Much better. NOW I can kill him.

Qn9tyZh.pngrEEMbo0.png

Speed is nice and all...but strength and skill are good too!

HIw93aE.png

Still an important 1-stat level. I shan't complain.

tTWJmLc.pngM5k08vw.pngB26hQvA.pngTqA51Mn.png

More cash, along with a cute little thief who thought he could...I dunno what he thought exactly, but it didn't last long.

I decide to not waste longbow uses on that sage in the middle and seize the comfy chair.

Deaths: Lot (1), Dorothy (1), Shin (1), Klain (2), Saul (1), Roy (1), Astore (1), Clarine (1)

Edited by Tequila

Awesomely done. I remember when I played Sacae route, this chapter was the absolute worst thing ever, but you made it look pretty easy! Also, thanks for the shoutout haha :)

[spoiler=Seize ALL the Gates!]

c5Y3baW.png

Now if only I could get 10 more of these...

4D4x0PY.pngmuNYw5y.pngJ12LyMT.png

So, I got little groups in 3 corners. The warriors 3 and Clarine in the NW, Roy, Sue, Wolt, Igrene, Klain, and Elen to the NE, and Dayan, Shin, Dorothy and Saul to the SE.

The gimmick of this chapter is there's 6 gates. The correct one to seize is random. If you seize the wrong one, reinforcements spawn.

Aren't you excited!?

5NBOSf9.png

And of course, there's 6 bosses. 3 are druids with status staves (this one is berserk, the others are sleep and silence) and 3 are nomad troopers with a bow and a sword of some kind.

Yl6nWH8.png79TN9Je.pngPzM3ZsU.png

Sue's going to try and tank the first berserk hit, while Klain eats a dragonshield and lures a wyvern with a javelin to the south. Igrene's trying to lure the nomad to the west, and Wolt and Roy lend support bonuses to Sue.

XVZpf5I.png8zc3Lis.png

The northwest corner sees Wade 1-hit a shaman, leaving the rest to suicide on him or Lot since they all have bows. Clarine tries to stay out of sight.

hWOJGFC.png7pvbfwc.png

And absolutely nothing of interest happens to the southeast. I had that robe randomly lying around, and he's certainly not gonna cap HP (he won't cap anything without boosters) so, why not!

Nn59lZh.pngn6cI8su.pngznfCijG.png7sF9ZDK.png

X34uIEQ.pngh088iyl.pngD0Iw4jE.pngZgYGTGp.png

SimExwb.png

This is pretty much what most EPs look like from now on. A crapton of misses. Wait till you see the next chapter.

wOMdTfO.png

Bartre's suddenly become very interesting. If it were just him I wouldn't be worried, but Clarine's around too, and he can't protect her by himself.

tiSAwvC.png

But Lot and Wade take out a couple of nomads (if Wade had equipped the steel bow last EP he would have 1-hit them, but I didn't think of it then) and Clarine's now safe.

jhRqqoR.png

I just found this slightly incongruous; a mountain tile in the middle of a bunch of peaks.

yMI0dLg.png

Northeast team is preparing to ford the river. Klain crit-killed the wyvern lord in the previous picture.

hofSE8j.pngX7eBKy0.pngJkq0MjW.png8iRMMC2.png

Dayan misses one of his shots, so Shin has to pick up the slack. Otherwise, not much happened.

ioSnpTt.pngUNDjl0W.png

Everything else was really minor chip damage or misses, followed by retaliatory shots.

IIi8Cnj.pngWw5bqOS.png

Roy crit-kills and gets the exact same level for the third time in a row. I like it though.

vmCsjXw.png

Wolt getting doubled? :O. He hits, the NT hits back and misses once.

QKXQVIP.png

Saul restored Dayan and Dorothy took out a wyvern that moseyed over for a look-see.

aEChYnr.png

Those nomads have no hope of getting to Clarine now.

q9Ii9il.png

4 nomads attack the warriors (mainly Lot), and Dayan fails to dodge for the third time. At least the really annoying staff is broken now.

XHfYpOQ.pngDjfVW6A.png

Roy unnecessarily crits and gets a...not terribly great level, but whatever.

s3nahL7.png

The warriors are moving southwards after the first influx of nomads failed to stop them.

7cB7h7k.png

Meanwhile, the southeast team is going to take out that druid with the silence staff.

BnpsbTp.png

I left Wolt in range but didn't attack; here's why. Fenrir packs a pretty hefty punch.

2rdueBZ.png

Lot attempts to tie his shoelaces and gets confused.

6AmkNRJ.png

A nomad trooper goes and doubles Roy instead of suiciding into Lot. Oops. Fortunately he can't crit.

4moNQ6b.png

Roy can, though.

vOzjjh8.pngyyySxT6.png

Wolt finishes off the boss who dared hit him and gets a really nice level.

YlNE0DY.png

I don't actually go through with his, but that guy's going to be a pain to dislodge.

Qdu5I99.png

Bartre takes something else out instead and gets a really disappointing level. When are you going to get skill, huh?

E6k5taH.png

Oh, come on. Fortunately, Clarine's nearby to restore him.

fhgu0bU.png

Dorothy picks up a bad level finishing a nomad that attacked Dayan on EP.

Kd5eXxt.pngvdcGg31.png

While Shin picks off the potentially annoying boss and gets probably the best level in this LP. Hell, probably the best level in my entire FE6 career. Which isn't terribly extensive, but still.

hl4jH9R.png

Wade still gets doubled, but thanks to his support he has a decent chance of hitting. I'll just leave him here to chip.

ygGQGX4.png

Lot tries to help out and fails.

8l67uu7.png7Ii0FvN.png

Well, fortunately I'm doing this on purpose. I want to kill those reinforcements. Unfortunately, they don't give much xp, but hey, every little bit helps.

R480p53.png

But I didn't really think it through, otherwise I would have left Elen behind.

Cyb3zgt.png

Never mind, she's safe now. And I can tank those myrmidons.

7jm5Fq9.pnglAgTqNb.png

See? Tanking.

ecRQAi0.png

See, Dayan? THIS is how you dodge status staves.

acBOX3I.png

Next turn, he hits the last druid boss, but doesn't crit.

RSNeBnX.png

Still trying to kill the last NT, too.

OzCCRw3.png

Klain picks up a lousy level killing reinforcements.

gEwQsLC.png

Has strength. I'm happy.

9hnfjdu.png

ShinxDayan C support, and the last support I'm getting this run.

X3HRR8q.png

Dayan takes Bartre's lesson to heart. Fortunately for him.

fmaBnhp.pngqljLcZi.png

Last druid boss down, and Bartre gets S bows.

rPNB2bL.png

OH COME ON LOT JUST HIT HIM ALREADY

phPiqoU.pngwjwTJoW.png

About damn ti-oh hey, a good level!

You're forgiven.

k33fh87.png

Been doing this for a while.

RZzrDR0.png

This is literally all that happens. I was getting 6 xp/kill, but it does add up!

cJWIaMP.png

HERE I AM
ROCK YOU LIKE A HURRICANE (bow)

Next time: Bring on the wyverns. And paladins. And lack of combat on EP. Should be fun.

Is shin your favorite character? He damn well is my favorite character, considering that he and Rutger were my only units that could double the troopers (and even then Rutger couldn't one round without a crit). Even Miledy had trouble, (this is HM btw) but she and Zeiss could tank like champs.

[spoiler=A Murder of Wyverns, Part 1]

XisyWtD.png

The end is nigh!

gevoNoz.png

The newest addition to the chapter. I'll bring him along for healing, so that both teams can get 2 healers.

rM8WunL.png

The crew. Milady's here to ferry Astore around and get to the secret shop. Everyone else is going to kick ass and take names (and then promptly forget them).

2i63xMh.pngHMTWqrd.png

The south team consists of the warriors and the limited-to-no-supports group: Dayan, Klain, and Igrene, along with Elen and Saul. Clarine, Joder, and the usual suspects go east.

68QBkhH.pngxfFbyJ8.png

An excellent start. That's about all that happens on EP.

kqURUfa.png

Forming up to lure in that sage and wyvern, whilst keeping my vulnerables out of firing range.

IHbi1oV.png

Same here. I notice that if I had moved Klain in the spot between Saul and Elen, my team would look like an arrow. Mildly amusing.

442uAsa.pngsiNc6XX.png6pzsNYn.png

These hitrates are kind of pathetic.

9qQw3Ct.png

...uh oh.

NtsWdtS.pngaJSrrRu.pngZtGjMQu.pngtzNnfSR.png

The majority of the wyvern squad gets taken out in the northeast. Haven't triggered reinforcements yet, however.

DTdgTi4.png

Everyone except Roy will probably dodge, and he has a wyrmslayer equipped to deal with that.

0YMc9O3.png3BdZf7w.png

Bartre misses an 87, so Klain picks up the slack.

nMjSF2N.pngb7DiPrm.pngwdqEpKC.pngNDJtBMb.png

And that's most of that little group.

KFNmNFH.png

Final positions.

VfDJYdT.pngYFnuYus.pngaYeTlyt.png0VyuYVf.png

ZfJXeAY.png4UUUcG3.png

I dunno why I was so worried, honestly.

0bxUvEG.png

Oh. Right. That's why.

HyYN4nj.png3gUpfHM.pngIZNSCJM.pngm4vjUms.pngqR233wI.pngX3zo2D7.pngbeYTT86.png

Nah, still not terribly concerned. Bartre's levels are more concerning, though.

X0Zrb5i.png

Healers are still safe.

6gz4ywG.png3i5guST.pngZBquzXO.png

Still not lured out the northeast reinforcements. I can't afford to leave my healers unshielded, so I need to move pretty slow if I can't clear out everyone, and the AI's being kind of smart and parking the wyverns out of bow range.

TnlYN3Q.pngDdrrPUq.pngv746LCg.pngeblfxDT.png

Q3fTtOZ.pngIRYo8OP.png51IiLth.png

Still not concerned, although that wyvern lord with the silver lance needs to go. Pronto.

Ml2rI1b.pngXwIa4PZ.png8hAa4ty.pngzCOZ09y.png

8BGe7MQ.pngnEi0qZe.png

Things are starting to heat up. I'm hoping Elen and Klain can tank a hit (Elen's a forest, but Klain's vulnerable from 2 sides and will probably die to 2 silver lance hits).

3FOlZ71.pngt26A8ye.pngIvTjDBK.png

The initial forces are finally gone, meaning I can finally trigger the reinforcements.

3wfYrJf.png

Hooray! My gamble paid off.

Let's see how the rest of my troop fares, shall we?

4HCZZmP.pngXHKHHAM.pngnNhVZlA.pngFDcSUM2.png

dWvPmDD.pngojBurZr.pngbxDrBwj.png

COME ON GUYS

WHY DO YOU EVEN BOTHER

Also Klain is doing quite well. I did have a few moments of heart-stopping terror there, although he probably wouldn't have died.

Pyk3O2a.png

Unfortunately, Sue's side's reinforcements didn't get the memo to go north, and instead are coming this way.

Unfortunately for them, that is.

dO5vLp5.pngBoIkHe5.pngSy3yf8k.pngwzBsEDg.png

FUk8JJz.png4CV3GT6.pngVPJzC28.png

I systematically take out a bunch of enemies while maintaining some sort of line. Klain is, once again, vulnerable from 2 sides, but I have faith in him.

Dayan gets a level and it's substantially better than I hoped. If he got no-stat levels every time, I would not be surprised. Remember, sub-20 growths.

iQrz7yb.png

Some of the wyverns did spawn NE, so I retreat my dudes and dudettes there to protect my healers (and hopefully, lure some javelin users to their doom).

sW6nJjh.png1xZLnKh.pngOQ87uRE.pngP3oSxrQ.png

Fa5hV5c.pngLDAF4Xb.pngg2AJboZ.pngXOEOcVD.png

uqlflQw.png

Klain's holding up fine, thanks for asking. He gets strength, which I like, but I'd really appreciate speed too at this point.

uu6Xy9c.png

I decide to move Klain to the the forest, since enemies seem to like to pick on him.

4UItaL9.pngokIYoHC.png8UuDW7h.pngP2ShHy0.png

p4SoRn3.pngiJ0KizM.png

Go Wade! Get that resistance! Who knows, it might save him from Brunya's bolting. Igrene fails to crit twice, but that's ok. The line is still unbroken.

fJgGP64.pngz3b1VrY.png

Sue trivializes a wyvern lord, and then Dorothy-hang on, 23 HP?

r0GhiAt.png1lazwPY.png

Yeah. For some reason, some of the wyverns are level 5. STOP SHORTCHANGING ME ON MY XP FFS!

Yeah, I'm not sure what's with the random level 5 reinforcements, but at this point in the game they're extremely out of place, although they do make the right side of the map a little more manageable (I remember my 20/15 Miledy was getting literally 0 exp from them. I didn't even know it was possible to get 0 exp from a kill before that...)

It seems like you have the first wave of reinforcements mostly under control, though. Looking forward to seeing how you handle Gale's group!

Edited by elf_01

[spoiler=A Murder of Wyverns, Part 2]

9q4fLxF.png

The final setup in the NE.

fcEaXeu.pngU0QqvjA.pngiC7HYTR.pngUaxX032.png

Ma8Xm1n.pnghO8qH4O.pngTYslG99.png

And so on...honestly, from this point on, I'm just going to show the ones that actually hit. Otherwise this will take about 4 posts.

tWNhor1.pngm2VSo29.png4M4WmSj.pngqYU2g5y.png

BJm38cf.pngio10MWR.pngPCgr5kp.png

The devastating horde is looking a little..subdued.

Ok, substantially subdued.

muQj48z.png

Wolt gets a crappy level killing a wyvern lord.

q12iKZ2.png

Each of the archers took out one wyvern, and I position myself so the 3 dodgetanks will bear the brunt of that wyvern lord's wrath. Such that it is.

2rdeKjH.pngcTmDfKK.png

All 3 of those level 5 wyverns that CAN hit Roy do so, and get 1-hit, including a superfluous crit. Meanwhile, everyone else misses. Again. Bartre gets a good level from dodging.

UwxD90N.png

3 lords? Things are heating up here.

eE2EYeE.png

But let's have a look at the southwest-oh, everything's been killed. Except for a rider and lord to the east, but they won't last long.

41DmHu5.png7JJYg8I.pngMK2EV5M.pngxS7XofR.pngqdfeuCV.png

Meanwhile, our own wall of YOU SHALL NOT PASSness is built, and Sue hits double-digit strength, something i didn't know was possible. She's currently +3.7 STR from her average. Chew on that, Elf_01.

1DRKvaD.png

Oh dear. I miscalculated. Will he survive?

fGQx0tu.png

Well, at least he didn't get doubled. Everyone else, surprise surprise, misses.

XP2l3nj.png

Oh no! They're coming back!

stibRa3.png

Testudo reform!

jFVLx0k.png

I don't remember why, but I moved Clarine on this next PP in the middle of the wyvern horde, and I couldn't surround her and kill wyverns at the same time. Fortunately, only the level 5s can hit her.

rhtk1VX.png

And we all know how dangerous those are.

tAhikXZ.png

3 others go after Roy, who caps with this nice level.

qvSVXHo.png

Reinforcements have dried up. Time to charge towards Murdock.

cEEmOMA.png

NOT SO FAST, says the knight who may or may not say NI.

l0ynA1Z.pngLRxUXxP.png

Meanwhile to the southwest, wyverns are falling out of the sky like flies, as Wade and Igrene get some decent levels. Speed is always appreciated. Igrene's pretty speed-blessed, I think she's about +4 over her average.

s5q8JJF.png

Shin's now 1 point off capping speed and strength. Love this guy.

x8vbb82.png

I finally remember to send Milady over to grab this extra knight crest, which will become a statbooster plus change. Honestly, why would you need to promote someone this late?

Z6c71Fl.png

Wolt lures in a dragon, which gives him a bit of a tan.

Jaeqr6H.png

Also, it would seem that our southwest guys have triggered more wyverns.

asterix77.jpg

DeeGsWy.png

Picture this happening 3 more times.

xR0esHr.pngRsg9wO6.pngi1Z9zto.png

Wolt finishes off his unwanted tanner and gets some welcome speed!

c7NUTmp.png

Jodel does the only useful thing he does this entire map: trigger the appearance of my favorite boss.

PdLMYLK.png

Who is kind of doomed.

D9J3cHJ.png

There'll be more wyverns, of course, so the Saul and Elen get wrapped in a diamond of protection.

LePTLbo.png

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALE

DON'T DO IT

COME TO ME
I EVEN BROUGHT MILADY TO RECRUIT YOU

E3bOmCm.png

As predicted, you can barely see two groups of wyverns that are just barely in range of a serious ass-kicking.

GRs1EgS.png

COME ON BARTRE
THIS IS NO TIME FOR PLAYING AROUND

YowUHhH.png

Ta, Igrene.

6wKkUPE.png3jIEy8r.pngP7VJsKo.png

That's them taken care of.

yvcZhqu.png

The eastern group took out a lord and two riders, leaving 1 rider alive. Roy, Clarine, and Milady are just gonna chill down south until it's over.

5S7dVk5.pngwtbvUVP.png

Probably the closest I've come to death all chapter.

mTAjySu.png

It's 9 against 4.

This feels like a Tom and Jerry episode, except Jerry's got a grenade launcher.

WaEbmUM.pngOluH8UL.pngkml2hA6.png

*wipes away tear*

Sb8u4WK.png

This is the only pic I have of the eastern front, but as you can see I've removed the main menaces. I think the riders all have <10% hitrates.

fyrc2bl.png

That wyvern was smart and is currently out of bow range. 4 of its compatriots fall, however.

nDmDiOY.pngvfix82S.png

I have to wonder; has anyone ever gotten Wade and Lot to S bows? Also Klain continues to disappoint me with his levelups.

aiLRcER.png

Oh right, I lured out the other dragon. Dayan's so bad, this one actually has a potential crit.

hyrhQbK.png

"Ok mates, we got 2 of 'em trapped. This'll be like shooting fish in a barrel, eh?"

pMtrfum.png2Fnm3V5.png

"I think the fish shot first, and got even stronger, mate."

gwGz8Dm.pngky1y2vu.png

Well, that's the last non-temple mook. Time for the final 4.

F2U6x49.png

Ok, I suppose you're good for something.

8Na7bVL.png

Next turn...ouchie. Bartre takes one for the team.

RCWvNe6.png

Leaving Dayan to totally ruin this sage's day.

ZPLFLdk.png

Let's see...tanky, but not particularily fast.

BD76qRG.png

Dayan chips one of his knights, and gets a legendary level-up.

OdQrJYz.png

It's kind of sad that a base-level thief has higher speed than the bodyguard of the king of Bern, but that's FE for ya!

RHOQmkp.pngbYiF4yC.pngJzUyvCI.png

I start chipping.

CmhvaFS.pngBcPBurO.png

I do not object to this level-up.

S8Gkj4N.png

Some of us are good enough to play FE6 without buying statboosters. I am not one of those. Besides, this is the first time I got this far. I buy 5 energy rings, 5 skill books, 9 speedwings, and 6 boots.

OtsM70p.png

And I still somehow made it in time for the gaiden.

xS7XofR.png

Meanwhile, our own wall of YOU SHALL NOT PASSness is built, and Sue hits double-digit strength, something i didn't know was possible. She's currently +3.7 STR from her average. Chew on that, Elf_01.

I'm so jealous :( Your Sue is everything I wanted mine to be, but she just wouldn't get Strength. I guess all my good RNG went to Wendy and Sophia instead (not that I'm complaining about THAT, mind you).

I have to say, your Sue and Shin have really been the stars of this run.

[spoiler=The Needlessly Long Path]

V3RLEci.png

This title makes absolutely no sense to me.

FEPgww1.png

You may notice a significant lack of healers here. That's because I'm taking a gamble; I brought along units that need to use stat boosters, and I think that even with the random traps I should be ok. Besides, I always have RNG abuse.

SeFxuFb.png

I'm splitting up; the right team is Roy, Dorothy, Shin, Sue, and Wolt. Dorothy uses a pair of boots. Roy was supposed to use them too, but I forgot until turn 3 or so, when I wondered why he wasn't keeping up.

9GjR3KO.png

Left team is Igrene, Lot, Wade, and Bartre. They all use boots too. Merlinus brings up at the rear to supply more boosters.

JXVd8tr.pngWiLpiGl.pngXuraIAg.pngaN4D1WZ.png

bEiTj8s.png5K7uDk7.png

Yawnsville, except for the sniper that hit Bartre. Hopefully he doesn't run into more of those.

p22629Z.pngCpvjFVf.pngRl4xCqA.pngIyvfAgy.png

Left side's got things well in hand, and Wade's decent avoid is poised to lure down some enemies across the river.

mF8Leqm.pngUQSEUq8.png

Same thing on right side, with Sue getting a great level.

y5vlRw6.pngbpzw5AR.pngivuQpFh.png

I was hoping the snipers would attack first, but the (pretty damn tanky) generals come down and don't get ORKOd, so the snipers run off. Wade gets a crappy level and caps HP.

HVP5GzV.pngdLeXQF4.png

Non-threatening sniper is non-threatening. Also, Roy finally uses the boots.

Jmbu2uy.pnguw1GjkF.png

Nothing happened on EP besides troops moving closer to their doom. Bartre kills one such and gets a great level (gets skill for the first time in 10 level-ups, too)

Right side does similar things, but I don't have screens.

x9H0Eaf.pnguM7Y74w.pngQq95krY.png

Wade attracts alot of attacks, which is weird because he has more def AND avoid than Lot. I really don't understand it. Igrene gets hit but crits her opponent into the middle of next week.

vAY8lHe.png

Dorothy may have capped strength, but she knows what a good level looks like.

w5CFzXk.pngF0XaciQ.png

The amount and quality of troops in this area is rather pathetic.

dfDy8zr.png0R31d2d.pngagmPXWC.png

Igrene had better start dodging soon, lest she end up on the death list.

qj8DR1L.png8PzPWk9.pngQbERHaw.png

Lot wants nothing to do with potential HP-restoring shenanigans.

0QXBrcl.png

Somebody's bow breaking meant that this merc survived to get healed. It's just prolonging the inevitable.

2wQJR3W.png

Not cool Bartre. Of course, the HP doesn't help the shaman.

nDmTfWj.png

I decide to waste a few longbow charges just because I can.

aDCBTEr.png

Bartre's lagging behind and probably won't catch up in time to kill things, so he starts using the stat-boosters I got for him.

tPihU0Z.png

Shin :(

KzvO4cG.png

Bartre triggers a trap tile. Getting a little close here.

Did I mention I have no healing items? Silly me sold all my elixirs (not that I ever use them anyway) for stat boosters.

xQUi1Qe.pngEO9wT7y.png

For some obscure reason, that hero doesn't move. Not that he'd do much; he's got an armorslayer, which is not going to do massive damage to my troops.

VWx3Lja.png

Lot still wants to be a myrmidon. Well, he's got a decent amount of strength so I won't complain about it.

8R2ccl9.png

Uh oh. These guys COULD still ruin my day.

2vqTHMc.png

On the other hand, this one's just a pain because only 1 person can attack at a time.

hWVo3Nm.png3PJCm1i.pngiuzW3hx.png

Well, guess I won't find out what the berserker's capable of doing, because like a lot of enemies in this chapter, he doesn't move. Wade gets S bows as well.

NxQv2UW.pngKecbTfN.pngs68sXrt.png

Sure, I only had room for 1 person, but that's what rescuing's for, right?

DHudEbp.png

What did you really think was gonna happen, shaman?

psUzlkX.png

Nope, still not threatening.

GifNvxN.png

My teams are converging on the center, and I believe only those 3 enemies are left.

JhPBdUj.png

Lot triggers a door trap that does (10-def) damage, which tinks him with that ever-amusing drum noise.

BA2fS98.png

WHOA

SHIT'S GETTING DANGEROUS

She survives though at 4 HP.

luU7Kjc.png4WlSc7e.png

Only the boss is left.

6viiHNh.pngazjjyjk.png

Wade stands in range but doesn't attack, and then crits to finish off Peres.

After this, I split up the remaining boosters. Lot gets 3 energy rings, Wade gets a ring, 2 speedwings, and 1 skill book, Bartre gets a total of 4 books, 2 wings, and 1 ring, Roy gets 1 wing, and Wolt and Dorothy both get 2 rings apiece. I don't think the wings were really necessary, but hey, why not. The rings were though; I'm going to need capped strength units to efficiently kill the manaketes in 24.

4CFPqMX.pngY3yN4HG.pngssGvp65.png

Useless, cool, and FINALLY ROY CAN ATTACK AGAIN

Edited by Tequila

[spoiler=Hail to the King]

X97JYtM.png

Time to wake up, Zephiel!

ijeUWBy.png

Uh huh. It won't last long, in that case.

xkuuSYm.png

This is true.

zfjHdT0.pngwqxIKjn.png

My teams start out split up. Shin/Dorothy and Wade/Lot to the left, everyone else to the right. Clarine has a chest key.

fUwCu1P.png0TeYQza.png

Moving up. There's two status staff users: a bishop with silence and a druid with berserk. I have contingency plans for them.

nT8eSMf.pngzQK5u9E.png

As seen here. This will happen for the next couple of days. Clarine restores Elen if she needs it and Elen restores Dayan. With any luck, the right team won't need any healing for a while.

ZFvKvgm.png6UZK6rO.pngVvDuOBM.png

Left team moves up, taking no prisoners.

nt0XtRC.pngTfUN26U.pngFuddv9v.png

So does the right team. It's nice to see Roy contributing again.

u72OBMv.pngfpDhlFl.pngKfLI3Mx.pngSYCwwKY.png

7lswkWd.png4HNJfC9.pngu3c8fi4.png

The lures go off with various degrees of success. Lot crit-kills his attacker.

Jc47A12.png

Yeah Igrene! Definitely earning a spot on the final level.

d8pG0If.png

1 not-really-annnoying-but-hey-free-exp enemy down.

SJTDePa.png

Considering this could potentially be the final level (if you didn't get the gaidens), there's really not alot of enemies. It's kind of underwhelming. As you can see, the left team has quite a ways to go for their switch. The boots I bought for them should speed things up, though.

eOc5N2Y.pngN4oMcGp.pngSV6LRt0.png

The damage is somewhat scary, but the hit-chances are pathetic. Elen finally gets hit with the silence staff, and of course Dayan gets berserked. That's the last charge, though.

NBZLpTn.pngCeSs198.png

Not much happened. Still steadily moving upwards.

krae0zM.pngx6A3BpH.png

Come on, Bartre. You're better than this.

ejHEe69.pngmD3vG6k.png2zCrLDB.png

To the left, Wade and Shin erase a few enemies, and Wade gets a pretty nice level.

gRYCj9d.pngWDnJkz2.png

Dorothy's rounding the edge on the left side. She should reach the switch in about 5-6 turns.

V7tivkd.png

Oh, come on Roy.

pT0xp6H.pngGhA9jk7.png

He couldn't double, so I prayed for a crit and got it. The level's not terribly impressive though.

IfddvLB.png

Gotta wake up earlier than that if you want to hit Wolt.

F2N3UCu.png

Both stats are nice, and since I pumped you full of 'roids I'm not concerned about you failing to get strength.

52HVQXG.pngUj6pxDh.png

Igrene continues to get speed blessed.

bEK679N.png

Clarine starts looting.

c2LQLeM.png

Astore's so excited to loot that he accidentally ends up in range of a general. Fortunately, it misses.

01eCd67.png

Oh, this is useful. Not sure who to give it to, though.

n7NzYab.png

Yes. Yes, it is.

9Cxx1TF.pngYLiEYKi.pngODEaGQ7.pngnp9T2MV.png

More luring and general acts of dickery. I actually didn't mean to have Sue equip her longbow; I forgot about it.

igLIe0K.pngvZS4Trm.png

He dies anyway, netting Bartre a good level.

GParcoq.png

Roy can 1-hit more manaketes now.

CQTftoL.png4TQrkp0.png

I dunno why I didn't kill this guy last turn, but I'm sure I had an excellent reason. Or maybe I tried and failed to crit. Regardless, better late than never! Disappointing level ensues.

aqBhUoO.png

Goodbye, switch guardian.

EJnVFB8.png

Astore finally begins looting.

QevFPhJ.pngjJaqt4R.png

I think that's all the enemies down. I can't get that druid since it doesn't have any weapons and I don't have siege tomes. Or bolting bows. Sue gets the Shin level. At least, I think it's the Shin level. I haven't seen him get it yet this run.

4iErjyI.png

Hello, surprise reinforcements!

hBXzSwO.png

Fun time!

aE5WnCW.png

More loot.

LanwHhZ.png

Sending my crack team to take care of that bishop while I wait for everyone to gather at the front door.

Y82JtoK.png

That would have been embarrassing, since Saul is nowhere near them.

Gfa3IFH.png

Buy ALL the killer bows.

2b5wk9C.png

A couple of turns later...this guy turns up, way too late to do anything.

UVCLaDS.png

Dorothy, Shin, and Saul are still not there, but fuck it. I'll start things anyway.

Xgtf6He.pngcvfnbwk.png

Indeed I have. Are you ready to meet your maker?

kqpmVWM.pngM6JQNYh.png

Oh. I see you brought company.

5kXSrYL.png

Well, I got company too! Wedge formation!

56PM1NH.pngHAFbIHN.png6XmvU4V.pngwQZPAig.png

cYUCoIL.pngPCNMNns.png

Damnit Igrene, you broke my dodging streak!

uNVgdck.png

The question is, can I take all these guys out?

ECjViAn.pngrqGAnC1.pngisnpP4z.png

2 down, and 1 dragon wounded (Igrene double crit).

cxyf5hU.pngOxUNNpK.png

Wolt double crits as well, and takes out that dragon ALL BY HIMSELF.

tD5DKPF.pngRHKEhBN.pngPndb8K5.png

I didn't even have to bring Merlinus into play!

aRhBTTg.pngM70KDWW.pngWnGYnuW.pngFiHYdbf.png

XB5AxHB.png

Surprise reinforcements suck.

IeR66a3.pngX9MV49Q.png6hoZ0r0.png

Let's hope they don't spawn again.

GjakoOA.png

Next turn, so far so good. Time to take out Zephiel himself.

GS3HIuJ.png

But first, two came charging into my clutches. Shin and Dorothy get rid of them, the latter getting a lousy level. The right side's reinforcements aren't going to get here anytime soon, so I'll just kill the king and go.

2YdsMgu.png

I hit the picture limit, so here's the rundown.

Bartre misses twice, gets hit in return. Zephiel at 70 hp.

Sue hits, gets hit, and misses. Zephiel at 62 hp.

Wolt hits, doesn't get hit, and crits. Zephiel at 26 hp.

Igrene misses, gets hit, and crits. Zephiel at 11 hp.

Wade finishes. ALL HAIL WADE THE KINGKILLER.

[spoiler=Bern's Last Stand]

arxnyY5.png

will be exorcised, pronto.

r4EKWLz.png

Y'all know who's here, I don't need to go into details.

eITwgyV.png

She's got the lowest def, so she gets the D and stands on a forest.

5jj046Z.png

Wolt and Roy lend her their support, while Dorothy and Shin are preparing to dodge as well.

Pz0xLXB.pngMdc6luT.pngxdlEi6j.pngeJJW9k0.png

11RpUkh.pngMes576r.pngs5qd9GB.png

DODGE ALL THE THINGS

Seriously this is getting kind of sad now.

LfqgVok.pngkwRlBrj.png

Shin tries to take out a manakete that moseyed on down, fails, and gets a lousy level.

psrd7vW.png

Can't believe Klain's actually being useful. I think he's my worst unit this run. At least Dayan's got Canto going for him.

aLOY4SJ.png

Mustache?!

5WxCsc0.png

Sue prepares to tank more ballista bolts, while the rest of the left team gets into the Triforce position.

8lTwd6L.png

See worst unit, above.

K3oKLBz.png

Slight redemption.

kEj7rxa.png

You think your waves of wyverns shall destroy the Triforce? Unlikely!

q7Js66S.png

I didn't take a picture, but only one of those wyverns lives. Roy continues wanting to be the mage tank supreme.

w6nAQCe.png

Superfluous crit counter +=1

MpVcO6X.png

Just luring down a wyvern lord. Nothing dangerous.

Vq5rATm.png

SHIN! *shakes fist*

asgaYmZ.pngQatn4LG.pngQUXTZvN.png1GU3y0X.png

See, that's the way to go! I believe these are the last bolts, incidentally. I kind of waited them out.

MHqfsIt.png

I like to imagine the wyvern rider's got one of those helicopter hats and just set it spinning here.

xMDMRPm.png9GgJ03H.png

Ladies and gentlemen, you may now move north.

gQXcG2q.png

It didn't last long; I think Shin and Dorothy killed it.

3gbbUnI.png

Right team prepares to lure down another manakete (with a goody)

4MJFsgV.pngEuej2rQ.pngiPN7ieQ.png

Left team takes theirs out, with Roy getting another useless crit.

ooVGVnq.png

Wolt, you're supposed to cap strength!

2jLEr0X.png

Don't those archers look stupid?

eMYEVV5.png

Pfftt, 33 hit chance? GET OUT OF HERE.

VETMdwe.png

SON OF A MONKEY'S UNCLE

H74uHOQ.png

Thankfully I had a healer in range.

yTmYR06.pngeOR1utH.png

Nice...nice...

8gSQFha.png

That's the left team's turn done. Let's have a look at team right.

96qVnJF.pngfhnz9ne.pngRVQLAyY.pngCB3YhX6.png

Dorothy joins the ORKOing Manaketes Club and gets a really nice level.

pXlauVa.pngDwhKdud.pngUeSWmvw.png

It's very fortunate that Igrene dodged, since I only have 1 healer on that side.

WWopRlB.png

Meaning Wade can get woken up.

STAPWsc.pngnls0h3M.pnggFxsXhH.pngiIlMS5h.png

I do some fancy rescue-dropping to get everyone shielded.

YXKySG2.png

I sent Sue out with Wolt support to start taking out the staff users. That duty came with a big helping of Dragon.

HYSLS4o.png

Also, Brunya decided to join the fray. Lovely.

2T3VksD.png

Nice to see that he could have even eaten a crit if needed.

rpaJaoy.pngZkM0DBg.pngKH5Qxnu.png

Ok...Elen getting berserked is a bad thing. You will see why shortly, if you can't already guess.

UBeicHS.png

This might help you see why.

HQ3a0B8.png

Should I? Nah. Too easy.

aoNDtJf.pngcBl896n.png1VTBFoS.png

No one feels like critting, apparently. Then again, it's not like they could have done much else.

WaeDE4e.png0IzXcUv.pngjWPcEAz.png

That's the sleep users gone. The berserk staff was used up on Elen. Status staves are gone.

BdPu6LY.pngcoGd1VT.pngSUdPevi.png9MxzgN5.png

eAge0PS.png

Some more random kills. I'm trying to saturate Brunya's range with targets, despite the fact that I know what's going to happen.

EjpXRtP.png

I would have had to rig a ~75% hit. Fuck it. She wasn't coming on the final level anyway, and I don't really need her anymore.

You will be missed, Elen.

It's kind of funny, but this is the first time ever that I let someone die and intentionally didn't restart. I feel slightly guilty.

hOEYp4G.pngBI3peKY.png

Roy becomes the target of choice, since those bastards don't move.

C98A4Hs.pngDEVVfyI.png

Roy's killers >your killers.

7lkVzu1.png

...yep. 1-hit ko. This one, however, I'm rigging.

Deaths: Lot (1), Dorothy (1), Shin (1), Klain (2), Saul (1), Roy (1), Astore (2), Clarine (1), Elen (PERMADEAD)

cbuo5d2.png

Much better.

lZY4vm4.pngZpn5oKj.png

GODDAMNIT!

That druid had a blue gem, and I intentionally parked Wolt next to him so he'd attack the one that can't hit back. Stupid AI.

zqzYEuw.png

So I had to get another miss since Astore was too far away from Brunya to steal her ring.

vKRdgl8.png7YiVOOb.png2Dg10tb.pngCL2f85B.png

Shin rescues Astore, Bartre hits both hits (surprisingly), and Roy finishes for another resistance level. Seriously, is he supposed to have this much?

Also, Shin brings Astore back to the shops, where he purchases 8 elixirs, 8 killer bows, a few silver bows, and 2 longbows.

cFByqiD.png

Final chapter time.

Deaths: Lot (1), Dorothy (1), Shin (1), Klain (2), Saul (1), Roy (1), Astore (2), Clarine (1), Elen (1) (PERMADEAD)

[spoiler=This Is the End (Part 1)]

Z6b56t0.png

And legendaries, of course.

69y0zjN.png

Team: Lot, Wade, Bartre, Sue, Shin, Dorothy, Wolt, Igrene, Roy, and Fae (ewww why).

FgvFSA7.png0Ubl7CK.pngzdCJl86.pngiL3qwBf.png

J1ES5n8.pngTOewYUw.pngJOEogPG.pngJNCzPwe.png

FTqtgjT.pngxxg3j4y.png

Their inventories. Pretty much 1 elixir, 1 killer, 1 silver, and then some other crap.

Eu25EU6.png

This map is really big, quite a slog, and incredibly boring. I have to kill 3-4 manaketes in each room, capture a throne, and then walk to the next one.

LvAOO4T.png

After two turns, I'm hanging out just out of range, ready to kick some ass next turn.

6IoVW8E.pngpCQR56a.pngx0fwYDz.pngegfXxzf.png

Ass-kicking has commenced.

Eef6i5A.pngEjy0RZY.png

Wolt kills one by himself.

wK9v5aj.pngkEb9F3x.png

And that's the last one.

RQF4kH5.png

When you seize the throne, the next room opens, and manaketes start coming from the previous rooms during the next turn (or the entrance, in this case).

QC7NzZV.png

The ones on the throne and the one that blocks the entrance to each chamber both have elixirs. If I had bothered to bring Astore, I could have stolen them for shits and giggles.

vU5jK9o.png

The other really annoying thing is that every bridge is single-file; meaning, in my case, only 1 person can attack at a time (longbows don't really do much damage).

uvnuDZn.png

For instance, if she doesn't double-crit, I'm stuck.

IrBWRpS.png

Crit only once. What do?

3AuZHO5.png

BRING OUT THE DURANDAL

This is the only time this happens, I think, because Roy is usually either seizing or being carried. So basically, I got lucky this time.

jrgMcNW.png

You can probably see what will come next.

DIATI8e.png

And here's the reinforcement, coming from the entrance chamber.

khRjiYa.pngdtf9ysQ.pngHtHHy0K.pngVsPnrjg.png

No one managed to crit-kill...

v4HPMM1.png

...meaning some of my guys are going to get toasted. The ones on thrones don't move, but the others do.

vnzmkGx.pngOKklCXp.png

gx2kQo1.png2q8Ffry.png

Easy enough to eliminate them on the next turn, though.

ALxmBtN.png

Open room 3.

N1F27vA.pngFqtK8bC.png

I don't want to deal with rigging crits, so Igrene busts out of the Murgleis and gets yet another useless crit.

B54yqHp.png

Wade + brave bow = dead dragon.

QyYwo5z.png

Crit once, so the bastard's still alive.

RI5CVs6.png

And flaming.

28kswsY.png

Here's a pic of what I'm dealing with. Except for the defense, it's nothing really threatening.

XJhZbxj.pnguIYvRCs.png

Good...good.

B6XwSH4.png

Oh noes, they be catching up!

eKxdk8a.png

So, at this point I'm just gonna show off interesting things, because it's pretty much the exact same scenario in every single room. Bust in, shoot things with killer bows, hope for a crit. Lug Roy and Fae around. Avoid dragon rearguard. Repeat. It's probably the most boring final chapter I've ever played.

5oJAXAn.png

Nothing unusual so far in room 4.

bnFHm4Y.png

C'mon Wade, you haven't even capped strength. At least get that.

4pdQI3h.png

Rearguard's picked up some backup. Still can't catch up though. Thank goodness I bought everyone boots.

kRaOQZL.png1jzIOsF.png

More failed crits, so Igrene and Wolt get flambeed again in room 5. They survive, thanks to all the angelic robes they got.

m203nvZ.png

Shin is determined to not cap speed, it would seem.

1acWvrd.pngSR6OLD0.png

Bear in mind, I still have 22 elixir doses left.

Who needs healers?

CugWBbz.png

Room 5 finished.

Sp8kOB0.png

Couldn't roast the broad side of a barn.

3bQkibE.png

Double roadblock! The one 2 away from Wade got whacked around a bit last turn. Wasn't expecting the other one to move first though.

80Z0SAF.pnggz8UBUN.pngSEU12yq.png

Even with a double crit, she can't ko.

E5yZueG.pngXC64YqU.png

But that's why I bought longbows.

6KlUbTL.png

Nearly a 1-hit KO. If he had gotten strength last level-up, it would have been.

n0jUbTi.png

Room 6 down. Jahn's next, I believe.

XMu8NpA.pngiAsUjwM.png

Excellent.

MIRFE2C.png

Jahn's companion roasts Shin

cDwChGW.png

Too little, too late, manakete backup.

E2j4a60.png

Hmm. Slightly more menacing than his lesser brethren.

vq0ywt9.png

Looks like I have to bust out Murgleis again.

FhYvDeD.png

...Except she misses twice. C'mon, Igrene.

xZHIgSe.png

That's Wade. Kingkiller. With a silver bow. And he's only doing 2 damage.

2q9xPGd.pngZyCrYbB.png

Ok, that's a start.

OsYYaDD.png

Lot borrows Murgleis, then Wade takes it from him...

5NPp8uZ.png0HaG32K.png

...and gets a wonderful final level killing Jahn. Absolutely stupendous.

oq4VUgl.png

Finally this bloody slog is over. All I have to do is kill Idoun.

Deaths: Lot (1), Dorothy (1), Shin (1), Klain (2), Saul (1), Roy (1), Astore (2), Clarine (1), Elen (1) (PERMADEAD)

[spoiler=This Is the End (Part 2)]

NJuyqn6.png1nDCusL.pngpAiFgDC.pngIcBPcBU.png

KdWlxTR.pngiTRHGwL.pngXsdeeU7.png4e1KCxU.png

Wade and Bartre have the right idea. Everyone else is kind of half-hearted about the whole thing.

CQMBVuu.png

Oh no! They have 5 defense now instead of 3. Whatever will I do?

gmVmvS9.png7nNcFhk.pngkfUhPxy.png

Then again, even Wade can't 1-hit double-crit them. Maybe if he would have had Lot's support bonuses.

MyLmz5z.png1C3Kkgi.pngdltzwuw.png

There's Idoun's guardian #2 down.

cNSFxyF.png

A surprise reinforcement tries to ruin Igrene's day, and partially succeeds in messing up her hair.

1hULTSh.png

That's...actually a pretty sweet mug. The stats aren't great. But, she's not weak to legendaries or dragon-killers, so there's that.

CsYVcCa.png

Except the binding blade. I savestate here

SisFKIk.pngYaPSAhy.png

TOO EASY

I see the slightly less happy ending. Then I rewind.

uv9ZngF.png

Yay, Idoun's soul is restored. And I'm finally done.

[spoiler=Final Stats+Commentary]

pfzaJMr.png3DejEiR.png

Roy's fire support was pretty much the best thing about him, at least until he promoted. I tried to keep him on a short leash when it came to dividing exp for that reason, so he didn't see much combat. His defense was a bit lacking, but he seems to be a bit res-blessed.

ZfLiiHE.png641OiNa.png

I'm not sure what happened to Wolt's text; it just stayed like that for a while. Regardless, he was definitely useful in the early-game (aka, when he was the only one around). He got an energy ring which, in hindsight, he probably didn't need. Surprisingly tanky, for a sniper.

SDjD9Vn.pngZtfJ1Iz.png

Thankfully strength blessed, because a shitty Sue would have ruined alot. The first time I tried this run (not recorded) she had base strength as a level 17 nomad, which was...pretty bad. Her Canto and extra movement were very useful, and so was her support triangle with Wolt and Roy.

0wc98Yo.png6Liy4sN.png

SHE CAPPED STRENGTH. THAT IS ALL.

Great affinity, kept getting strength and speed when she needed it (aka always). Oddly enough she's a bit skill screwed, but bows are accurate enough that this didn't really matter. One of the MVPs.

AjolWPF.png1nOGqBO.png

The second member of team Fire and Ice, Shin got amazing level-ups in the beginning, then they sort of tapered off. He crit-killed Windam in 16x at 3 HP while running away from a berserk Ward, and for this he definitely earned the MVP status.

phdJBJa.pngZYZZVPA.png

Kinda sucked. He's like a hybrid between a fighter and a myrmidon, and sucks at both. Sure, he got speed, but he barely could do any damage. His Anima affinity coupled with Wade's Fire helped boost his damage when they were together. After he got about 4 energy rings worth of help, he became OK. At least he had speed, but even that didn't save him since Wade was reliably doubling as well.

YUvxQA7.pngd077Q3P.png

A little slow perhaps, but holy crap that strength, defense, and luck. He was a tank. And a powerhouse. And a magnet for status staves. Killed Zephiel and a bunch of bosses. He definitely earned MVP status.

54do04k.pngXLAUfki.png

I'm willing to give her MVP status as well, and she's the last one. I don't know if she's blessed or not, but after Klain's pathetic display, she was a godsend. She got her fair share of boss-kills. Shame about her lack of supports and lousy affinity.

AGXXOrY.pngo5wLe9w.png

22 base strength means you are welcome on my team almost anytime. However, his lack of skill meant he was missing crucial shots left right and center, which did become a little annoying. Fortunately for him, the last secret shop ensured he got a spot on the final team.

cbUhLDZ.png7Gmp4m1.png

PHe36kF.pngaD9yAsZ.png

You two were lousy. Klain couldn't dodge or double to save his life, although his strength was ok. Meanwhile, Dayan could barely do damage, although he had Canto and OK speed going for him. Non-hard mode Klain is just bad, and Dayan comes too late (and too high-leveled) to really do much with. Definitely the LVPs (Least Valuable Players).

9H6px7Q.png

...Yay?

Well, at long last it's over. I'll probably do a hard mode run in the future, although it won't be bows only. Feel free to suggest ideas!

Final death count: Lot (1), Dorothy (1), Shin (1), Klain (2), Saul (1), Roy (1), Astore (2), Clarine (1), Elen (1) (PERMADEAD)

Was a fun run to follow given all the challenges associated with 2-range lock. Well done and congratulations!

I'm actually pretty surprised the C24 Manaketes took so much damage from killer bows, but I guess the endgame of FE6 is really scaled poorly (difficulty peaks at C21 if you actually trigger reinforcements, especially if you use the C21 secret shop for boosters. After that, 21x is a joke, 22 you can take slowly and leisurely, 23 is another map which you can just take slowly and bait out statuses/ballistae, and 24 gets destroyed by Sacred Weapons, or apparently just random scrubs with killers, and then Idoun is....yeah)