Titania is the best in the game.

There are enough broken characters in this game. Oscar, Boyd, Jill, Titania... All broken. Reyson would perfectly fit in this list if he would be able to use the Laguz Band, but only if the Laguz Band would exist before Endgame.

Since when is Titania broken in FE9? Even if she is one of the better Jeigans it doesn't mean she is all that good.

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Titania is the best character in the game :/

She's your best character for the first half of the game. Then when your other characters start promoting, around chapter 16 and later, she becomes about equal to your other characters. She's never really worse than your other characters.

Titania is the best character in the game :/

She's your best character for the first half of the game. Then when your other characters start promoting, around chapter 16 and later, she becomes about equal to your other characters. She's never really worse than your other characters.

People promote Soren and Boyd rather early and I bet that if there was link arena then Soren or Boyd would own Titania... If they had the same level of weapons because Titania already has S rank in axes. I'm not saying that she is the worse unit in the game but I'm just saying that Titania isn't the best. During end-game your units should be WAY stronger then Titania just to tell you. I never trained her but I personally think that a level 20/20 Ike is stronger then a level ??/20 Titania.

If, if, if, if, if...

All those things don't matter, because they're not there. There's no link arena, Titania can simply use better weapons, and Ike won't be 20/20, while Titania will.

i find it silly how people say Titania is the best character, considering that she hardly caps anything at all, unlike Kieran and Oscar, who are MUCH better choices for paladins.

._.

its like saying Jeigan is the best character in FE1 because he can pwn anything in the first few chapters.

i find it silly how people say Titania is the best character, considering that she hardly caps anything at all, unlike Kieran and Oscar, who are MUCH better choices for paladins.

._.

its like saying Jeigan is the best character in FE1 because he can pwn anything in the first few chapters.

I think it's quite odd, too. Since FE 9 was the first FE game I had ever played, Titania was great to have. But now when I know more about the game, I can easily see that she's not the best character. At least not for me.

People always seem to think that when there's a great unit you get in the first chapter, that he/she is not a good character. Probably because of what people always said about Marcus, who is actually pretty good (in FE7, at least).

Titania may not cap any stats, but so what? She beats the crap out of all yourother characters for the first half of the game and continues to own pretty badly for the second half of the game, and she has great supports.

People always seem to think that when there's a great unit you get in the first chapter, that he/she is not a good character. Probably because of what people always said about Marcus, who is actually pretty good (in FE7, at least).

Titania may not cap any stats, but so what? She beats the crap out of all yourother characters for the first half of the game and continues to own pretty badly for the second half of the game, and she has great supports.

Right, right! But she didn't turn out good for me.

that is true.

i have used her several times.

by the time endgame arrives she usually has problems damaging enemy units with her abysmally low strength. her defenses are sub-par compared to my other units, and is on the slow side so she doesn't double much.

i have learned to not use her at all in the beginning chapters, and raise my other units instead.

That's what all the people say. All the people who think they know how to play the game efficiently, that is. Using Titania >>>>>> Not using Titania, if you get what I mean.

Her Strength is rather low by the time you reach endgame, yes, but she's been your best unit for ~14 chapters and has never been bad after that. In fact, she's always been good. Her Speed is good, though. She has no trouble doubling at all (except for SMs and Cats, perhaps). Her durability is good because of good averages and durability supports.

That's what all the people say. All the people who think they know how to play the game efficiently, that is. Using Titania >>>>>> Not using Titania, if you get what I mean.

Her Strength is rather low by the time you reach endgame, yes, but she's been your best unit for ~14 chapters and has never been bad after that. In fact, she's always been good. Her Speed is good, though. She has no trouble doubling at all (except for SMs and Cats, perhaps). Her durability is good because of good averages and durability supports.

i don't know. her overall performance doesn't convince me, and i would rather use Kieran any day.

I don't care if they cap stats or not I just want my units to kill BUT I realised that you can't just use a unit just because they could solo the first few chapters. I did that on my first ever run... sad... The point is you need units that could actually help in the final chapter.

Actually I once had Ike on level 20 at chapter... 6, I think. The name's Flight, when they leave Mercenary Fort. After that, Ike was my best character until... chapter 10, that's when Oscar changed class and grew better.

I don't care if they cap stats or not I just want my units to kill BUT I realised that you can't just use a unit just because they could solo the first few chapters. I did that on my first ever run... sad... The point is you need units that could actually help in the final chapter.

The point of debating is to conclude who is better during the entire game, not who you need endgame.

Titania doesn't have to solo the first few chapters. Where'd you get that from?

the thing is, you can finish the game just fine without using Titania, and may even end up better not using her, since she's not going to be hogging up all the EXP points that your units need in the beginning.

I have to agree with Bianchi (Crystal Chanda Leir) on this one. Titania is good for a while, but once anyone else promotes, they're likely performing better than her, and since she isn't as good later, if you use her too much at first, it couls easily cause your other units to not be at full speed.

._.

That's only endgame. ^_^

Jeigan may suck, but he's still the second-manliest character ever. <3

More like 18 Chapters, and I think Titania is doubling most the Cats. ;)

the thing is, you can finish the game just fine without using Titania, and may even end up better not using her, since she's not going to be hogging up all the EXP points that your units need in the beginning.

Actually, using Titania decreases the amount of turns spent, thus giving more BEXP to everyone. She's benefitting everyone by fighting.

I have to agree with Bianchi (Crystal Chanda Leir) on this one. Titania is good for a while, but once anyone else promotes, they're likely performing better than her, and since she isn't as good later, if you use her too much at first, it couls easily cause your other units to not be at full speed.

Titania still holds a large level and stat lead over most characters after promotion. The only character truly doing better at this point is Oscar, because he's immortal. It's only for the last few chapters where Titania isn't doing as well.

My honest opinion: If you plan on using Titania throughout the entire game, that's not a problem. She isn't a bad unit. If, however, you don't plan to use her later, it's best to avoid using her at all costs.

Sure, that sounds pretty obvious, but it makes sense. She isn't someone you should use regardless just because she starts out great, no one is (except Ike)

Titania starts out great and remains great for most the game. I can't see why anyone can deny it. If Titania is used, the team benefits with her one-rounding everything. ^_^

How can you call that benefitial? Being the Jeigan, that means she's getting much less Exp when characters that can actually use it need it. I don't like the whole "stealing experience" argument, but in the case of Jeigans, I believe it to be true.

How can you call that benefitial? Being the Jeigan, that means she's getting much less Exp when characters that can actually use it need it. I don't like the whole "stealing experience" argument, but in the case of Jeigans, I believe it to be true.

She helps you gain more BEXP. BEXP > CEXP

That's only endgame. ^_^

Jeigan may suck, but he's still the second-manliest character ever. <3

More like 18 Chapters, and I think Titania is doubling most the Cats. ;)

Actually, using Titania decreases the amount of turns spent, thus giving more BEXP to everyone. She's benefitting everyone by fighting.

Titania still holds a large level and stat lead over most characters after promotion. The only character truly doing better at this point is Oscar, because he's immortal. It's only for the last few chapters where Titania isn't doing as well.

wrong wrong wrong.

the amount of turns required to get the BEXP are so insanely high that its perfectly possible to get them without using Titania.

and you're wrong about titania holding a large stat lead. i have raised titania, kieran, oscar, and geoffrey in one playthrough, and got them all the way to level 20/20. Titania was the most abysmal by far, with the best being either Oscar or Kieran.

and other times i've used Titania, she has been about the same.

Edited by Crystal Chanda Leir