Monotype battles

Dwarfishh

Does anyone here play much monotype? I've just started, and team building is a nightmare...

Currently using 3 teams, being steel, water and poison

Anyways, does anyone have any tips on the metagame, especially regarding the above types, or feel like giving me a few practice battles?

I played through pearl and white using only water and normal respectively (the white one was actually easier than with a balanced team), but never tried it in the metagame.

Edited by sirmola

• 3 weeks later...

I literally just finished constructing a mono team for every type except Psychic (I'm still trying to decide on my last 2 slots) so if anyone plays this format I'd be happy to battle and stuff. For some reason I find it ridiculously fun to teambuild with these limitations; forces me to rely on lesser used pokemon and appreciate them more.

I literally just finished constructing a mono team for every type except Psychic (I'm still trying to decide on my last 2 slots) so if anyone plays this format I'd be happy to battle and stuff. For some reason I find it ridiculously fun to teambuild with these limitations; forces me to rely on lesser used pokemon and appreciate them more.

I did that on showdown, then my browser decided to delete my cookies, and I lost them all...

I found that some typically 'bad' types are actually pretty diverse and have some fun tactics. My favourite is a toxic spikes poison team with venoshock Nidoking and Hex Gengar. Nidoking and mega beedrill can make short work of steel types, which are this teams biggest weakness.