LunaticScreamer plays FE7 Chaos Mode

LunaticScreamer

Time for another update!

[spoiler=Ch14 Part 1: His Eminence Erk I]6SwEzf7.png

Since you get your storage on ch14, it means you can take whatever you have left in your transfer data and toss it into storage.

z1NRDaZ.png

Eliwood, X pulls that "there must be a way to solve things peacefully" card almost all the time in the Megaman X series and, last I checked, it never ends up turning out that way. I don't see it being any different for you, different game world be damned.

LZ5nPcL.png

Slowly but surely, the word changes are making what people say more amusing. It'll only get more amusing as the game goes on.

8mIW8vT.png

Well now, here's a mysterious person. She just goes into the mechanics behind recruiting Merlinus as it's a bit different. Basically, if you went to 13x by visiting the northwestern village in chapter 13, you'll get him. If you didn't? Well, tough luck, you get to play the game without him. Simple enough, isn't it?

2yYgJAu.pngdPky1eY.pngtTqTqQA.png

A few more of the buffed stat boosters. Some, like the Dragonshield & Energy Ring, remain as they were in vanilla (for good reason of course).

8dRhsm9.pngsQwPEWY.pngrgck5Js.pngz6CcH8f.png

Stats of the new weapons picked up from transfer data.

bHWC7lz.png

Quite a few things to talk about before the run through the chapter begins, the first of which must be...

Hd0DfrI.pngCLuebEA.png

Merlinus! He's the same as he was in vanilla more or less, but with one significant change...he can now move before promoting. Only 2 move, but that means he can move to a safer spot on the map he's in or on to a forest for enhanced evasion. Either way, protecting him is easier when he can move with the rest of the team.

N7jplxv.png

Here's the guy the chapter is named after. There's only a lone Soldier standing between Serra and her conversation with Erk to get him on our side.

3PlSwED.png2GUGgSS.png

New weapons in play this map like this Poison Bow Archer near where your team starts. As you can probably guess, you don't want Lowen anywhere near this jerk unless he can outrange him.

l1ytscy.pngIp5mz2r.png

On the far west side of the map, there's a Poison Sword user. Only 10 uses and 1-2 range, but very powerful. Don't underestimate this weapon.

txLxYce.png79ylpd1.pngu36vQfL.png

DdDENrw.png

All three Knights near Castle Laus have some interesting things to talk about. The one highlighted is holding a Secret Book that Bartre will want to steal when he has the chance while the Knight just to his north holds the Short Bow. Heavy, but 2-3 range and has good Mt & Crit.

The last Knight in that picture is to the northwest and he's holding a Killer Spear. Nothing super special at this point, but something you don't want to just simply write off as a non-threat.

FKMUrlx.pngwsRk2Zz.png

First order of business is to recruit Erk. Rebecca does that by wiping out the lone enemy in the way and getting a good level for herself.

dBZ2FQR.png

Erk will be recruited soon, but first, some clearing of the enemies near the start. Eliwood tries to crit a Knight with his Thunder tome, but fails and needs Dorcas to come in and finish the job. Hector wipes out one of the Soldiers while Guy weakens another.

xIBMdtN.pngZ7fLMoB.png

Finally, Bartre kills the Poison Bow Archer and grabs a level for himself in the process. No matter what those two surviving Soldiers do, they will not be able to kill anyone they attack, even if both hit the same target.

lx9XF4z.png

During the first enemy phase, both Soldiers felt like suiciding into Bartre. He gets another level after counterkilling both of them.

ViOdprb.png

Meanwhile, a Pegasus Knight in the southeast decides to attack Lowen. She does not survive the ensuing counterattack rush.

XbVlfy5.png

A Steel Sword Myrmidon attacks Erk. Even with his low defense, Erk is durable enough to eat up to 3 hits from it before he requires healing.

VGAmP8m.pngZcfZdHE.pngXIPDg5N.png

Three enemies try to work together to kill Oswin. Only one lands a hit on him. None survive Oswin's counterattacks though.

EtU7SEh.pngti4QHMI.pngDUkUotl.pngjEabtb9.png

On the next turn, Serra gets over to recruit Erk.

Erk is much like Rebecca with his growth spread with less speed & hp, but more strength & skill instead. Where he really differs is his primary defensive stat. Rebecca will get more defense, but Erk will end up with higher resistance. Pretty solid axe user overall actually.

RnU3ojx.png

Lowen finishes off the last Pegasus Knight from the southeast.

eqDPnoh.png

Oswin heals with a Vulnerary as he's going to be doing some more counterattacking in the next enemy phase.

hHzXtEO.pngPfavjNK.png

Rebecca takes out a Myrmidon that wandered into her threat range, then gets a heal from Marcus for the hit she took performing the kill.

nEcTrqq.pngQKKyFqu.png

Oswin gets to more counterkilling shenanigans during the next enemy phase. His level is about what I expect of him sadly.

1hsvn7p.png

Some counterkills come with redundant criticals too like this Soldier finds out when he attacks Oswin.

vVkucBN.png

It'll be some time before I can deal with the Steel Sword Myrmidon, but as long as Erk can pull off dodges, it'll delay the time for when he'll have to be healed up.

EARqPfF.png5E3j40a.pngFtSgihu.png

Every enemy near the northern team gets killed in glorious fashion. One Knight eats effective damage, another takes a crit to the face (the Short Bow one no less!), and a Soldier gets axed twice by Erk.

m2VPLm9.png

Brigands are appearing from the northwest and I need to check out this northern village next turn. Marcus gets into position to visit it next turn and uses a Vulnerary to top off while he waits.

7EcoGgN.png

Bartre still has his Emblem Blade equipped and heals himself up since I want that Knight to attack him. He's the one with the Secret Book after all.

6RrvJ77.pngL4UAjZ5.png

A Pirate thinks he can get on shore next enemy phase, but Dorcas cuts that dream short with a double from his Steel Sword.

plnhEwr.png

Alrighty, the Knight took the bait. I'll have another Secret Book once the next turn starts.

4Ivhki2.png975A9lp.png

Theme of the rest of the enemy phase. The Mercenary does not survive his run-in with Oswin though.

XBTE5Gp.pngDtjwAfB.png

Marcus visits the northern village, then has enough movement left to get behind Serra. The Iron Blade from that village is not too bad as a backup for Serra to use when she needs to double something, but the weight of the Mani Katti ends up making that impossible for her somehow.

dVrtXta.png

Bartre closes out part 1 of this update by stealing the Secret Book.

Part 2 shall conclude this chapter so stay tuned.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[spoiler=Ch14 Part 2: His Eminence Erk II]FeQo62l.pngcRJqrCX.png

Time for more murder as Dorcas drops a weakened Mercenary while Oswin heals himself up.

SsPlDjT.png

Hector & Eliwood work together and drop the Knight that had his precious Secret Book stolen from him.

PybJcX9.png

When this comes up, it's about to start raining for a couple turns. More importantly, every enemy but one Cavalier is going to start moving forward. Erik is included in the group that rushes forward.

DaKXoXu.png

Unfortunately for Erik, his father decides to ditch him for the glory of Nergrinch.

2AhkVYO.png

Erk takes a hit from the pesky Steel Sword Myrmidon. Still has enough hp to eat one more hit from him so he'll be fine for now.

PQrCTHu.png

You know, I really should give Serra an Angelic Robe at a bare minimum so she can stop cheating death half the time when an enemy like this attacks her.

G9v2qh0.png

Then again, she's taking steps to slightly remedy that at the very least.

ubSvD10.png

Silm Lance jerks, lovely.

kcXaIyQ.png

Stats of the Silm Lance.

Ja5gHvH.png

Due to the rain, nobody can reach the Pegasus Knight that attacked Bartre. As such, Bartre heals himself with a Vulnerary. After the next turn, that Pegasus Knight will be in range of several of my units.

J2sRmni.png

Erk's not going to be able to do anything this turn so he takes Rebecca's Vulneraries and heals himself up while waiting for the rain to go away.

DO7QV8I.pngmlIOgYv.png

Lowen's down southeast keeping the flyer population in check and picks up a level dropping a weakened one.

TLHhjZ7.pngQED2caA.png

The Pegasus Knight that attacked Bartre before does so once again, but unfortunately left herself in range to get shot down in a single hit by Guy's Emblem Bow. He picks up a level with precious speed as a result of the kill.

Ay9K6hh.png

Eliwood fails to crit again, but the Pirate is weakened enough for Oswin to take the kill.

5Vw9Ta7.png

Another enemy phase begins when Dorcas attracts the ire of a female Nomad. He counterattacks twice, but misses one hit. This is the only thing of note to really go down this enemy phase besides Lowen taking some hits from the nearby flyers.

EL7DNYZ.png

Lowen heals himself up. He's going to have to tank the two flyers for one more turn before the rain lets up.

wMbN41t.png

Dorcas finishes off the female Nomad that attacked him and gets some precious resistance from a level up.

Iy0Gdma.pngzNfZLua.png

Lowen does gain a level, but unfortunately a crit bites him in the ass and kills him off (again!). Rewind powers activate!

FZCxNnp.png

He regains that level he just got with bonus speed attached. Now, take note he actually has 16 hp here since he dodged the first attack tossed his way.

W6gDQtc.png

You can't tell from this pic, but the second flyer critted again. Thanks to that defense boost and dodging the first flyer's attack, Lowen survives with 1 hp and counterkills the last flyer.

49ph0bo.pngAN6ygUt.pnggGPl3M4.png

The rain has lifted, but with Erik in attacking range, I need to deal with him quickly. Nothing special stat wise, but he is packing a potent Horseslayer. Any horseback units or low defense units would do well to stay out of his attacking range.

On the plus side, the Horseslayer is Erik's only weapon so you can easily outrange him when he closes the distance.

38mw0rw.png

Gotta take care of some of Erik's cohorts. Hector begins by killing the Poison Sword Cavalier.

2V46hnL.pngt94AYuY.png

Oswin & Bartre pass a Steel Sword around and kill one of the Cavaliers near the southern village. I still need to visit it and there are a couple Brigands en route to it presently.

rKEPJvS.png

Eh, was worth trying. Dorcas rescues Matthew and gets out of range of Erik.

1mVLp0Q.png

Luckily, moving Rebecca forward into a forest payed off as Erik decided to attack her, then got doubled in return and dropped to 4 hp.

pBLv05F.png

I think not dear Cavalier. He gets turned into sludge by Serra's counterattack.

gPCCHF3.pnguAqZvVi.png

More Cavaliers missing attacks like dingbats. Rebecca's having none of this going on the Death Count list bullshit yet.

Ww2mWcm.png8L2P8bK.png

One Brigand is getting too close for comfort to that village. Oswin deletes the Brigand with Lowen on his way over to the village right now. He'll be able to visit it by the next turn before that second Brigand can reach it.

UZb8JQf.pnghc72Ivv.png

Erik gets taken out by Rebecca, dropping his Horseslayer for the weapon pile. A few more levels like that and she's going to be a very deadly axe user for sure.

Fbt8Zsi.png

Serra finally ends the life of the Steel Sword Myrmidon that's been harassing Erk for the entire chapter.

9wnCD67.png

Matthew tries to kill this Cavalier with a critical, but fails. Merlinus is up north and will probably have to take a hit from the northern Cavalier now.

K4SvPE6.png

You know, this was probably a stupid idea in hindsight with Erk's current hp, but he lands his first hit and ends the Cavalier's life.

g3t1gr3.png

Actually, wait. Hector has a chance to one shot the northern Cavalier. Dorcas can remove the weakened Cavalier from Hector's path to the north.

nTe6Hh6.png

No crit from this hit sadly. Merlinus is about to take a hit on the next enemy phase.

93sK0CU.png

He'll be fine though thankfully.

rlk8Ylr.pngyEPzZmN.png3bYWhom.pngMImLdak.png

Lowen finally reaches the southern village and the end result is another Cavalier for the team, Priscilla.

As her description states, she is effectively a coin flip character when it comes to her growths. She has higher that 50% in her hp & strength growths, but everything else is right on that 50% line.

As for whether she's better than Dorcas? She has her own advantages over him, namely the higher overall defenses. Dorcas has higher hp and con. Neither one is really that much better than the other and both can be very good at high levels.

FuUSjT6.pngZMHcEvq.png

That Brigand closing in on the southern village gets the shock of his life when Priscilla runs up to him and kills him dead with her Silm Lance. That lone Cavalier only has an Iron Lance and isn't in range of Priscilla so she'll be fine.

IqtUlFs.png1r34WYj.png

Marcus picks up a couple levels topping everyone off. He ends his healing phase being only one more Heal staff use away from a third level.

yjg9BIC.png

Oh yeah, the Cavalier that attacked Merlinus dies during the healing phase.

BFQFr4c.pnghkZJt6G.png

Inventories of the two shops in the south. All I pick up is a spare Fire tome for Eliwood.

Y4XVmIr.png

Hector & Eliwood get up to a B support.

cygNeWQ.png

All my tasks for the chapter are complete so Bartre lures in the last enemy and picks up a great level in the process.

I532ILo.png

Marcus follows that up with a good level himself. More speed for him is a blessing whenever it occurs.

1SQaBeV.png

Oh boy, Eliwood got the final kill and he's about to get a level. Considering the overall amount of good levels I picked up this chapter, I'm expecting his to be bad again to restore karmic balance to the world.

RJUvyjQ.png

Well I'll be damned, Eliwood does know how to get a good level as chapter 14 comes to a close.

Death Count: Oswin (1), Lowen (5)

Next time: Extra!

[spoiler=Growths & Comments (Erk, Priscilla)]

Erk's growths:

Hp: 65% Luk: 0%

Str: 60% Def: 20%

Skl: 60% Res: 50%

Spd: 50%

Erk is a pretty solid mage killing Fighter. Defense is his only real bad growth, but everything else is quite good. Certainly an endgame caliber unit if you take the time to train him up.

Priscilla's growths:

Hp: 80% Luk: 0%

Str: 60% Def: 50%

Skl: 50% Res: 50%

Whereas Dorcas is more offensively focused due to higher con, Priscilla ends up having more balanced and potentially stronger defenses, especially in resistance. Either her or Dorcas can make fine endgame Paladins if you choose to use them.

I always enjoy reading your PT, and I'm sure a lot of people agree with me when I say you have one of the best LP style commentary on this site. Keep up the great work, you've just earned another follower.

Update time!

[spoiler=Ch15: Hall of Death]vqqRldv.png

Well, that's an ominous title for a chapter, isn't it? Several things to talk about with regards to enemies here so let's get started on that front.

Q19gyWh.png

All you have to do here is survive for 7 turns. Defending is simple enough, but there's lots of extra things you can collect while that's happening.

First, see that Fighter in the northwest?

Ag0XY38.png

Angelic Robe! Bartre's top priority is to steal that.

1BxgPJc.pngbl1UU6q.png

In the southeast, there's a line of three Nomads. The one highlighted here has a Red Gem that can be pilfered. The middle Nomad there is the boss, Sealen.

56U481n.png

The Nomad on the very bottom has Elixirs to steal, but also is very dangerous because of the Brave Bow. A pure 3 range weapon and very heavy, but it will hit twice before you can perform your counterattack, if you can do so.

fGnbf7n.pngCpbKF1J.png

As for Sealen, he's packing the Longbow which has hilarious stats. Just look at the range, then the description. Let it be known that Chaos Mode's air of randomness leads to funny moments like that.

Also, Sealen is packing a Steel Bow & Dragonshield. He'll drop the latter when he dies, meaning he's a priority kill for me. Also, his death will cut off any further reinforcements from pouring in so there's that as well.

Now, here's the problem...with a 7 turn limit, it is very very hard, if not impossible, to have Bartre steal the Angelic Robe, Red Gem, and Elixir on top of looting the two chests on the map. You'd have to lure the two Nomads with the items you can steal over to the treasure room so Bartre can swipe them without going out of his way, something that's not exactly easy, if possible at all, to do.

As such, my top priority is the Angelic Robe. The others would be nice, but I'm not going to lose sleep if I can't steal them.

iBD778Q.pngiH7hfhY.pngJacAFya.png

One last thing to mention...this special Knight in the northeast who's basically a bonus enemy that's much more durable than the other enemies in the chapter, but rewards you handsomely if you can kill him. That's not exactly going to be easy when the Knight is packing a Silver Sword. That power coupled with the crit means nobody in my team can survive a hit at full hp if the hit goes critical. Luckily, this Knight will not move so you can deal with everything else first before killing him.

Zo7JiWM.png

Eliwood, in a rare case of competence, crit kills a Knight to his southwest with his Fire tome. That'll help for sure.

f0YtLAH.pngIU8qe45.png

Lowen & Serra mop up the Knight's two Soldier cohorts.

cmZ85Kv.png

Rebecca & Dorcas kill one of the southern Knights while Guy weakens another with his Hand Axe. Sealen will likely be heading down the nearby stairs to reach the southern team with units in his range now.

UocLbsW.png

Marcus is going to lure in a nearby Mage (the Mercenary in the northeast has a Door Key and will open the nearby door) with Oswin as backup to do the killing up there. Meanwhile, Merlinus parks his ass on the throne while Bartre opens up the nearby wall, allowing the Fighter to attack Merlinus and probably fail in hitting him.

2cryrPQ.pngTtvY33c.pngpkdHHFc.png

Dorcas gets the honor of the first case of a near death experience for the chapter when he gets attacked by Sealen and two Archers. Sealen hits him, but he dodges the Archer's attacks. Both Archers die due to counterattacks.

2K8Mqtk.png

On the plus side, the near death experience gives Dorcas a great level.

nfJSjhR.png

Angelic Robe get.

jxIfhzs.png

Yeah, I'm not giving this Mage a chance to crit kill anyone. Oswin shuts him up before he can become a threat.

DkICHZQ.png

Eliwood getting doubled, ouch. Mostly because the Hand Axe Fighters don't get any AS penalties due to the light weight of the weapon.

5T5l0Ya.png

The solution? Send in Hector to weaken the enemy...oh wait, he's just going to crit and kill him in one hit. That works too.

u8N9YKZ.pngb6y1tOW.png

The lone Thief of the map gets a death by Serra, granting her a level with more strength and some extra resistance. Still haven't decided if I want to use her for my endgame team yet, otherwise she'd be getting an Angelic Robe and perhaps a Dragonshield to shore up her defenses a bit.

qJ3ZrCc.pngXoCULer.pngPt6XyI9.png

Murdering more of the enemies near Sealen. Lowen rescues Eliwood and flies out of range of a Nomad & Sealen while Dorcas heals with a Vulnerary.

FuxHxrg.png

Guy gets doubled by Sealen, but is otherwise still hanging in there.

NxKsKLh.pngHGCj1cf.png

Serra has another one of her special near death moments. I'm not sure how she hasn't gotten on the Death Count list yet, but whatever.

lwS02Hc.png

Meanwhile, Oswin is being his usual dodgy self. He kills this Mercenary and a Silver Bow Nomad with counterattacks, but the latter did hit him.

JiwQhSM.pngjxy9vGh.png

That northwestern corner is getting a bit crowded so Rebecca & Hector take measures to correct that.

bCy1b79.pngRqfFtTm.png

Thanks to Sealen switching to his Longbow, Serra has a counter-free chance to one shot him. She does just that, gaining a good level (more hp!). She also pockets his Dragonshield.

VwUk3c8.pngZCbWIvI.png

Dorcas one shots a Nomad with his Horseslayer while Marcus takes Eliwood off of Lowen and drops him nearby. This allows Lowen to rescue Serra and get her out of range of the Myrmidon & Mercenary to the south. Guy heals himself with a Vulnerary as a precaution.

3urA4tK.png

Well, here we go. Oswin healed himself with a Vulnerary since he's going to make the Silver Sword Knight attack him. One crit and he's finished. If there's no crit, he'll be at 1 hp.

AGH6A2e.png

Thankfully, no crit occurs and Oswin puts the Knight very near death's door.

53uXFvl.png

The last Fighter in the northwest falls to Rebecca, granting her a good level for the kill.

sdbkQdD.png

Should be in the clear now. Nothing will be able to kill me beyond this point.

uDb5mEE.pngKqAdWtI.png

Hello free Warp staff!

8BIVCsw.pngFkQusBG.pngT7EtqZk.pngeb2pdxt.png

Last batch of levels cleaning up what's left enemy wise on the map.

ALvPVzV.pngrtCE6Rt.png

Treasure chest loot. Rebecca's going to love that Silver Axe while the Mend will allow Marcus to fully heal just about everyone in my army at the present time.

Next chapter...hoo boy the next chapter. I'm excited for it much like how I'm always excited when I get to chapter 19 of The Last Promise. You all probably know why too, heh.

Next time: Spearing things in the face becomes popular once again.

I think it's about time to get into the chapter I've been waiting for, heh.

[spoiler=Ch16 Part 1: Fog of Wealth I]IKw4fIr.png

First chapter in the game to feature Fog of War. Bartre could be getting some value out of the Torch I tossed his way.

While I don't have a staff to produce the Torch effect, I'll just state it now...there will be no Torch glitch abuse in this playthrough. Unlike FE7if, FE7 Chaos Mode is actually well balanced and not a bullshit hack and doesn't deserve to be glitch abused except by any Mines that the game provides.

That being said, there's a whole bunch of new units that join at the start. Let's take a look at them, shall we?

2nnnhis.png8FXXmEH.pngCm1WWpX.png

Of the five new recruits joining at the start, Florina is the only one to start up by Hector's group. The rest will be relegated to the southeast corner of the map.

That being said, Florina is actually not half bad despite having a horrible amount of con. Her offensive bases are good and her growths are pretty solid too. Defense is her only bad growth. Just stick to her Steel Bow and she'll do just fine.

Also, for what it's worth, she is the only playable Nomad in the game.

ONRoNoJ.pnggzLbVsx.pngdd0RM8I.png

Next up, another unit destined for the endgame, Lyn. Growth wise, she's much like Rebecca, except she has a lower strength growth in favor of a higher skill growth and her best defensive growth being resistance (and a low defense growth of course).

Lyn does have one unique thing going for her...while most unpromoted units start with 10 luck, she starts with 14. Definitely a point in her favor for sure.

WekLZ8V.png3AMXgBw.pngVHkSx2Y.pnggYPurad.png

Taking over the duties as a user of dark magic is Sain. His bases start a pinch weak in speed and perhaps defense, but his growths are insanely good. His lowest is resistance at 30% which isn't that bad. Everything else is above 50%. Yeah, Sain's a beast, plain and simple.

RbBTM5r.pngs6VCSYQ.pngLSZtCf9.png

As for Kent, he's your second flyer of the game and, as the game puts it, he's a bit weak. He's hardly a useless character though with no growths under 40%. That 5 con is low, but Silm Lances aren't too bad of a weapon so he can lean on those as his primary choice of attack until his speed develops.

M4F8HZk.png3XwF5oJ.pngtqXryWQ.png

Finally, there's some who has chosen very nicely by following in the footsteps of my man Rex from The Last Promise.

Wil is, simply put, amazing. His bases aren't too bad, but his growths...resistance is his lowest at 10%, then defense at 45%. Everything else is 60% or better. Wil is going to be an amazing unit once he's gained some levels, that's for sure.

Suffice it to say, Wil is in my endgame team by default, no questions asked.

H3mW5c9.png

Anyways, time to get to work. Lowen has Serra's Emblem Seal since he's going to visit the southwestern village to get a Red Gem, then probably be attacked by a Mercenary or two on the enemy phase.

bmWwXvU.png

Not much else happens on the first turn. Bartre fires off a Torch for extra visiion while everyone gets into position to fend off the first wave of incoming enemies.

Vo3TS2r.pngGaMzFXd.png

The first enemy phase starts off with a Mercenary going after Bartre. He misses and gets zapped in return, granting Bartre a level as a result.

02UtSft.png

Ballista jerk, lovely!

JL6PoZW.pngMsWvJCp.png

Lots of counterkilling occurs in the northwest.

AiUqNL9.png

Dear enemy that attacked Wil...what made you think a 9% chance to hit him was a good idea?

Z4q2kn7.pngDJY14cO.png

Female flyers still confirmed to be massive dingbats.

opSuleG.png

Yeah, that was not a good choice there Mr. Thief. Have fun getting one shotted and enjoying the afterlife!

soZpTCx.pngD8wwJ20.pngvcqlqtF.pngjz8fol3.png0W4ToR8.png

Lyn's team goes all Caim of Drakengard and murders everything in a three mile radius during the 2nd turn.

T0evJ0F.pngfwpJpRf.pngBvLMIqD.pngYr9pedg.png

Hector's team engages in similar murdering festivities.

JyqWty9.pngbdhDZXD.png

Bartre whiffs on a potential killshot, but him moving where he did reveals a special enemy...

x8HeCIN.pngneDUi0a.png9pYrkFP.png

Hello there bonus enemy! Tons of speed, good attack power, but starts out with a 2-3 range weapon equipped. That means you can send someone into melee range, attack him, then rescue the unit and get out of his attack range. Rinse & repeat until dead. This Hero does have high avoid though.

kFH9x3K.png

Stats of the newly introduced Silver Blade.

lNYxUO0.png

Well that's going to leave a mark. Thankfully, this is the only enemy that is in range to attack Florina this enemy phase.

ma0hvgX.png

Too bad for this Brigand that there was a valid target near his position to attack. He gets counterkilled by Lowen as a result of his failed attempt to damage him.

NnhKjNq.png

Damaging Sain with the ballista in the north. Smart move actually.

YLBaklG.png

This though? Not such a good idea from the enemy.

91SqrMn.pngeatp6AP.png

Lowen's going to be parked where he is for the next turn or so dealing with Brigand reinforcements. The good level he just gained oughta help him better kill what appears down there.

vunDQDv.png

Pretty much have control of the northwest corner now. Those forests look mighty tempting to wall up in in anticipation of the incoming enemy group.

gnMmGhI.pnghAhExIY.png

Kent visits the only other village of the map and picks up a useful Heavy Spear. Don't worry, he had enough move leftover from visiting the village to get out of range of the nearby Hero.

s7gxbiz.png

Remember to check what weapons a unit has folks! Serra almost bit it because of my inability to check that out beforehand.

B5OD8xS.png

Dorcas removes the nasty little enemy from the board.

76CaQkL.png

Marcus patches up Serra and gets an odd level. I won't say no to more speed for him though.

1YMxM2x.png

Don't want too many enemies attacking Dorcas. Rebecca kills a Cavalier near his position.

n5thBnm.png

Florina also bags a kill with a crit to the fallen Cavalier's buddy.

ulp3081.pngztdzO6p.png

Sain & Wil heal themselves up with Vulneraries.

v395fCd.png

Lowen: Still killing Brigand reinforcements! This is the last one near him for now though.

yXteqNr.pngku64Mjy.png

Enemies being jerks once again on the enemy phase. Typical.

n87E9MP.png1CAaV3S.png

Literally all that happened on this player phase. There's no action down by Lyn's team currently so they're going to start joining up with Hector's squad over the next few turns now.

CKs2XS7.pngMBIs2zC.png

Another enemy phase has a very silly Mercenary suicide on Rebecca to give her a good level.

O0WtlRt.png

More zapping shenanigans, but Wil isn't having any of that and kindly tosses a Javelin in his attacker's direction. Doesn't kill him though.

kauOw0V.png

This though is going to register a kill. Don't challenge Hector to an archery contest right now because he's going to win it half the time, if not more.

EslzTSX.png

Ballista dingbat is still being annoying.

mpGHxj3.png

Steel Sword jerk is still annoying too, but Florina dodges this one.

LgiYl1N.png

Some Brigands begin appearing in the southeast, but Sain is happy to greet them by stealing their lifeforce for himself.

X1ekVqX.png3J4EwI0.png

Hector & Dorcas double team a Cavalier to kill it. Dorcas picks up a level for himself as a result of the kill.

QsvZriC.png

Another enemy phase brings another Brigand up to give his life to Sain.

gpMH7YS.png

Sain oughta keep draining the life out of enemies if levels like this are anything to go off of.

wCKtiod.png

Lyn's taking some heavy damage this turn. Thanks you dingbat Mercenary!

iMleTZb.pngeFJYLqA.pngwmQq7iY.png

Dorcas comes under heavy fire on this enemy phase, but comes out of it only taking a hit from the ballista dingbat.

RimqKNG.png

Yeah no, you're not killing Lyn this turn, sorry.

YV12xWo.pngATv7SGZ.png

Lyn kills off her attacker from the last enemy phase, making sure to stand in a forest in case the Steel Sword jerk tries to attack her again. Also, Wil's been picked up by Lowen as I want him up in the northwest for some actual experience gaining action shortly.

AezUDIA.png

Dorcas backs off some and uses a Vulnerary to patch himself up.

Part 2 of this update should follow shortly.

[spoiler=Ch16 Part 2: Fog of Wealth II]yi79jsi.pngu7QTZF8.png

Rebecca's still on anti-flyer duty in the northwest, making sure nothing comes into the no-fly zone.

HZHXEhK.pngwWNYhnm.png

In case you're wondering why I haven't killed the Steel Sword jerk yet, he's got a Goddess Icon I want Bartre to steal.

TEAoZZs.pngpzVdOlH.png

Hector attempts to get a kill by critical, but fails to deliver.

YY8eVbD.pngooqQnJe.png

Bartre gets attacked by a pair of nearby Mercenaries. Amusingly enough, he hits the one he only had a 46% chance to hit, but the one with a 64% chance to land his blow? Nope, he misses.

c4LhmHs.png

Steel Sword dingbat being silly again, but he moved left to perform this attack.

Kz0TDwF.pngaFuiJSy.png

Thanks to that, Dorcas can remove the one obstacle in Bartre's path so he can steal the Goddess Icon.

zGcWsFa.png

Hector takes out the other Mercenary in the vicinity.

hoZ5T7j.png

Should probably heal up Lyn before she gets a random zappy death.

FHQ2yk6.png

Thanks to flyer services, Lyn's been up here for a turn or so and can get healing from Marcus.

tkKCMLl.pngc2DwVIr.png

Reinforcements are now appearing in the northwest, hence why I haven't been moving most of my team. Lyn & Wil are going to get some training in up here and hopefully gain a level or two from all of it.

vSAPui7.pngOJRx8aC.png

Guy attacks and somehow found a General battle sprite in the process. Classy little critter, isn't he?

T2frBXd.pngJaMmU9E.png

Lyn gets a kill and her first level. Not going to complain about strength & speed for her.

wTYOjL2.png

The northwestern reinforcements aren't going to be a problem now. Too many units up there that can quickly shut them down.

huJvwAn.pngtk0xKi8.png

Despite the odds, Bartre kills the Steel Sword Cavalier and gains a very typical Bartre level in the process.

E1VVDNM.pngmsojL0E.png

A pair of revealed Mages have some very nice things up for stealing. This one has some Speedwings while his cohort has a Knight Crest.

4rVQgG1.png

More reinforcements mean more levels being gained. Eliwood won't complain about more defense, that's for sure.

LOilZsX.png5MzpEfi.png

Wil crashes into his first level in glorious redundant critical fashion. Speed is good for him since he'll be able to function on his own much more better when he can start doubling everything.

24gQaj2.png

Marcus has been on full blown healing duties this entire time. He picks up another level containing speed during his healing spree.

1NqK7C8.png

Meanwhile, down by the bonus unit, Sain begins chipping him down. Kent is nearby to rescue Sain and get him out of range between assaults with Serra on her way over to give Sain a helping hand in killing the Hero.

VoH4Vja.png

Wil is giving no fucks to the reinforcements right now, especially when he's crit killing them like this.

uNjWswl.png

Oswin's time in the party is likely coming to an end, but he was literally one poke away from this level so I let him have it. Wonder who he stole the level from though as that's rather good, given his growths.

Bvw1bxR.png

Oswin, you're a jerk stealing Lyn's level for yourself and giving her this crappy one.

jxC7HSc.png6yvTXGh.png

Serra's finally arrived and decides she doesn't want to stay for long, hence she crits the Hero to his doom and pockets his dropped Talisman.

P1seChs.png

Meanwhile, Wil continues to grow and gets some precious resistance.

rriGaHR.png

He's still getting crit kills too, don't worry about that.

e9FDu4Y.png

Good lord Marcus, isn't this like your 3rd straight level with speed on a 25% growth?

jtvkktw.png

Speaking of Marcus, over the next couple of turns, he gets ferried over to lure the Mages in so Bartre can do some stealing.

PgAOhK5.png

Like so.

LEKTGM1.png

Of course, I also ferried Wil over so he can skewer the magic users when Bartre finishes with his stealing duties.

FZq4ihb.png

Bartre must have found a decoy to distract the Archer with.

MCPnGix.png

Oh, that's why he had the decoy. He felt like dodging lightning bolts for fun here.

3JdqJ77.png5PpqA91.png

There's the Knight Crest for the pile and there goes Wil critting the Mage into the afterlife.

0Ot1xoA.png

Marcus heals Bartre's decoy which, amusingly enough, actually transfers the health gained to the real Bartre.

D2KwFTL.png

Oh yeah, there's some rogue Archers mulling about. No points for guessing who killed them both.

zIx39ym.pngDDFPLL5.png

As for the boss, Bauker, he's not too much of a hassle to kill, but he does have a shiny Earth Seal I want to steal before Wil gets to some training time with him.

SoOzexb.pngbJNVUw9.png

Kent has taken the Silver Card to go do some shopping. While there's nothing in this shop I need right now...

HorGA0C.pngSkaYnnT.png

The weapon shops are now stocking steel weapons in all varieties. Got a few Steel Lances, Steel Bows, and Steel Swords along with some Silm Swords for characters like Bartre to chew through.

BpVNzHS.png

Bauker's Earth Seal has been stolen. Now it's time for Wil to chip down Bauker on his own with some healing assistance, but first...

gFsu4Jn.png

Wil & Rebecca are going to make quite the effective murder couple.

ltv6PQd.pngTYuYRuM.png

All the levels that were gained during the chipping down of Bauker. Wil has gotten 2 resistance in 5 levels. Not bad for a 10% growth.

JRLvWzR.png

One very dead Bauker is inevitable with all the chipping down Wil does.

SMNizpa.pngBv00hYX.pngkF1bPyK.png

Did some support grinding before I ferried Hector over to the castle to seize the gate.

Next time: Wil's quest for more power continues!

[spoiler=Growths & Comments (Florina, Lyn, Sain, Kent, Wil)]

Florina's growths:

Hp: 70% Luk: 0%

Str: 40% Def: 15%

Skl: 60% Res: 45%

Spd: 65%

Florina's your only choice if you want a Nomad running around the battlefield. Despit her bad con, her growths are good and Steel Bows are light enough that it won't dig too much into her AS. Definitely has endgame potential, especially if you toss a Body Ring her way.

Lyn's growths:

Str: 40% Def: 15%

Skl: 70% Res: 60%

Spd: 70%

Lyn is much like Rebecca, just with a lower strength growth and higher skill growth. Her primary defensive growth is resistance while Rebecca's is defense for that matter. Both are very good axe users and both can shine in the endgame.

Sain's growths:

Mag: 65% Def: 55%

Skl: 55% Res: 30%

Spd: 55%

Sain does have some slightly disappointing bases, but once you can start feeding him some levels, he'll become very dangerous very quickly with those kinds of growths. Definitely a solid endgame pick.

Kent's growths:

Hp: 85% Luk: 0%

Str: 45% Def: 40%

Skl: 50% Res: 40%

Kent's big problem ends up being his 5 con, meaning he's getting an AS penalty using most spears. Give him a Body Ring though and he'll be better off and can potentially put his quite decent growths to use.

Wil's growths:

Hp: 85% Luk: 0%

Str: 60% Def: 45%

Skl: 70% Res: 10%

Spd: 65%

Wil is a beast, plain and simple. He starts out quite decent and is going to turn into a very efficient murder machine with those excellent growths. Definitely one of the top endgame picks without a doubt.

got to say I imagine you saying all of this like that painter guy on pbs in that smooth calm tone.

which is why I eagerly await in anticipation on what chapter that calm demeanor breaks.

I forgot which ones were the superhard ones that made me rage :x. But nobody has survived this hack with their sanity wholly intact :D

I forgot which ones were the superhard ones that made me rage :x. But nobody has survived this hack with their sanity wholly intact :D

That's what makes this hack so fun xD

But my sanity is intact. D:

o'really? :o

lets put that to the test with my search skills

0EIPbc4.pngywEsP3D.png

Badecca getting doubled like a scrub, try to avoid putting her in a danger like that.

le5WgaO.pngxNbbY3Y.pngN6pqACZ.png

Chip the very rude cavalier down and feed Rebecca the kill to level her up.

slukzcs.pngGbkof6O.png

And heal her up with Marcus for a very good level.

F4RqeHP.png

Try and get rid of the cavalier with the iron sword, unfortunately Oswin couldn't get him with a crit.

C0zF97V.png

End your turn with Lowen healing.

INxsn6j.pngwiIPL9a.pngKTmpnvz.png

And the enemy turn should be along this. . .

Ul1tnXa.png

Then Rebecca get hit by the perfect amount of damage needed to kill her. Wonderful.

FUCKING WONDERFUL.

Rdod1bv.png

New round, this time, try and get Oswin in range of the bridge archer.

XemADHD.png

Wow you fucking piece of shit.

SO0nKnw.png

Do this as usual.

k7KcTmb.pngNHIA4DF.png

TRASH

ipHWk71.pngpmvQL4T.pngTgYHEUb.png

Chip the pegasus with rebecca and feed failwood the kill.

KimXo3s.png9OUywVu.png

Since Oswin has to be here to be in the range of the archer, he is an easy target for the nearby pegasus knight, however, this one can be doubled by Lowen this time.

qCIF80j.pngOCbteGa.png

Now, target the steel bow archer that came in range. But the bastard missed one.

sm3Odbr.pngUq8oQU4.png

Hector lands a crit instead. WONDERFUL RNG IS WONDERFUL/sarcasm

Uu1y5j5.pngXjSV3OC.png

Do this and that and end your turn.

iW3q6v7.pngTIuUIIy.pngVs1VC0m.png

The second nearby pegasus should rush for Lowen to whom she'll fall easily to.

xgrbMlO.pngoiFANZm.png

AHHH YOU MOTHER FUCKER.

I swears Klok likes to make hitrates so much crueler.

I believe thats when you started to crack and your guide turned into beautiful rage.

Edited by MrNight48

Alrighty, time for an update!

[spoiler=Ch17 Part 1: Corridors of Chaos I]junePNT.pngYfMnqg0.pngAF0gi8f.png

Distributed a few stat boosters before the chapter began. Wil got a couple Goddess Icons while Serra got an Angelic Robe & Body Ring.

Priscilla, though unlikely to make my endgame team, is coming along since she's needed to recruit a new party member.

U5ofHso.pngw4GFT7t.png

Wil kicks off the murder spree by killing a Myrmidon effortlessly and gains a very good level. More levels like this one sir, thank you.

QnwOQF4.pngm9jxou5.pngEwMdJPh.png

First turn is more of the usual murdering of nearby enemies.

gOfZeby.pngCg21Kk6.png

Of course, the murder doesn't apply to only nearby enemies. Serra zaps one enemy far away and grabs a pretty decent level.

KW3wDWT.pngNNRwTJa.png

Lots of Archers attack this enemy phase, but everyone either dodges or tanks the damage pretty well.

qtCk9ZL.png

There's this jerk too that dodges Hector's counterattack.

S3zfPdT.png

B support get for Rebecca & Wil.

FFpVfwj.pngGRzrTBv.png

Wil then runs up to take out the Silver Sword dingbat.

qI8KkK7.pngD3Lx1k7.png

Eliwood picks up another one of his patented redundant criticals and gains an ok level out of it.

NpDAkFH.png4TptjqB.png

Sain continues to steal the lifeforce of almost every enemy he runs across.

Rwi3POe.png

Marcus, I don't know when you decided you want to get so much speed, but I approve of it.

ZKlsP2m.png

Priscilla may not be getting used beyond this chapter, but she's still combat capable enough to help chip down any enemies the rest of my crew can't deal with currently.

wF82tlS.pngWgEU4kN.png

Only things of note to happen on the next enemy phase. Priscilla is at 1 hp, but her counterattack takes out the Archer that brought her to 1 hp.

qvxDO98.pngoi13vv6.png

Wil adds another crit kill to his tally. Here's hoping I can get him up to lv20 within a couple more chapters so his reign of terror can truly begin.

oUCfPhG.png

Serra nukes the last Archer near the start while everyone starts moving forward.

YYFYicT.png

Thieves appearing up far ahead of where I'm at right now. Too bad Serra's here to mess up their plans with Steel Sword spam.

Also, see that Mage in the middle? That's Raven and I need Priscilla to talk to him. Still a couple turns before I need to worry about that though.

yEOobvo.png

Serra & Sain are up to a B support now.

kkSocJ0.png4KRNURq.png

Serra tells the faraway Thief to go away. There will be no pilfering of chests on her watch unless it's Bartre doing the pilfering.

g5bnJCy.png

Wil finishes off a Knight that Lyn weakened this turn.

v9UJILG.png

You missed nothing on the next enemy phase. Lots of this really.

fCcurcP.pngT13OeWG.png

Another Thief eh? Serra does her usual business and picks up a level. Nothing wrong with this level since her offensive stats are quite good right now.

uAOK818.pnguhEFKu2.png

Of course, Wil shows Serra up with an even better level for himself.

zFlR8uM.png

Lyn then proceeds to one-up Wil and get an even better level still. Someone's probably following up with a perfect level soon at this rate.

XS5CLeb.png1jKiJzj.png

Sain & Hector clear out the last two enemies in the corridor, allowing Priscilla to move up a bit and intercept Raven on the next turn.

7W36RVE.pngXRMrB7E.pngFcbDgoY.png

MeLkbmg.png

Like so.

Raven is the speedy & magic resistant Mage to Eliwood's power & defense setup. That magic is rather disappointing, but if I feel like using him full time, I do have an Energy Ring I can kick his way..

Raven does bring two new items to the table. First up, the Elfire tome. Good power and relatively light. The other item?

DyXPFZe.png

Something he can't use. I'm sure Lucius could answer the question about who could use this weapon, but Raven will need to go talk to him so he's on our side.

g3dOUWE.png

Serra deletes a Mage in the throne room. I don't want those green army units potentially getting nuked by him.

5ScSpV6.png3ecY1dO.png

Good thing I made sure to heal up Priscilla before sending her forward. She got doubled by this Archer, but managed to dodge one of the shots.

1iRQ9cz.pngpaaV1KZ.png

Serra & Bartre BS'd around this turn with their Steel Swords, but too many misses meant this random Archer survived the assault.

pIBzKy8.png0q66P8H.png

Hector weakens the Archer that attacked Priscilla, allowing Sain to finish it off for another good level.

ChRiuwu.png

Priscilla heals herself up with a Vulnerary. I want her at full hp just in case the next wave of reinforcements feel like targeting her.

S7AU1M3.pngeRWJYNh.png

Hector gets attacked by a Fighter & Archer on the next enemy phase. He doesn't kill the Fighter, but the Archer does not get so lucky to live. Hector's level gained during the assault is good simply because it has speed, though the extra defense is always appreciated.

tij5jX6.png

There goes the Archer that didn't die last turn, but also...

6ykQ4eN.png

Steel Sword Mercenaries begin pouring out of this staircase for several turns. They'll be incredibly annoying if I don't deal with them quickly.

IW2mcK0.png

Luckily, Hector crit kills the first one that appears.

AdUImqP.png

Bartre engages in more BS'ing around with faraway Archers as part 1 of the update comes to a close. Stay tuned for part 2!