LunaticScreamer plays FE7 Chaos Mode

LunaticScreamer

[spoiler=Ch17 Part 2: Corridors of Chaos II]6wKSOL2.pngY4l4GHI.png

Sain takes out the Fighter that Hector weakened and he drops his Hammer. Not many uses, but good power and lightweight.

sGEDMSL.pngjuKPOBS.png

Since the door to where the trapped green army units is now open, I do not want a single enemy in the near vicinity to be alive. Priscilla finishes off the last Archer in the area for an ok level.

4hVKMtV.pngUBOTryi.png

If you wondering where Wil has run off too, he's shaming the entire squadron of reinforcements coming in from the south with Rebecca nearby for his support bonuses. Marcus is there too should Wil require any healing.

nSSRiUI.png

Now, I should explain about why I'm bothering to rescue this green army unit. You see, you'll gain a reward at the end of the chapter if at least one green army unit survives, namely passage to ch17x. However, depending on how many survive, you'll get an additional reward. The best reward comes if all three green army units survive.

Fun fact: I had to redo this entire chapter from scratch because, on my previous attempt, I forgot about the fact the reward for leaving one green army unit alive was now the reward you get if all of them survive. Go me, heh.

rFazX3U.png

Hector failed to crit a Steel Sword Mercenary reinforcement this time. Serra stepped in and finished off the enemy with her own Steel Sword.

RKFpIsv.pngXroH78y.png

Wil has clearly suscribed to the Rex mantra of "So what if I have a low resistance growth? I'm going to trigger it 3 times in 8 levels because screw averages!".

Also, Marcus gets even quicker. I don't think he has to be too worried about being doubled by a majority of enemies now.

UfRKnh1.png

More Steel Sword Mercenary reinforcements, more of Hector crit killing them before they get to move.

mGCEUgH.png

Rescuing another green army unit. Only Marcus can rescue the green army Knight, but he's still acting as a healer down south for Wil.

gaJ6JxG.pngCqIVRKO.png

Speaking of Wil, he causes an earth shattering kaboom and gets even stronger. Keep on spearing things my man and soon you'll be well rewarded for your efforts.

QtueOC9.png

Derp I forgot about my Steel Sword Mercenary duties. Lyn got doubled by one since she's holding a green army unit.

jXvSmQz.png1N5SNBS.pngjMRtN3E.png

And yet another one spawns, lovely. Hector & Serra get crits to correct this overload of those jerks.

cs7sU0f.png

Serra's kill caps her speed and gives her some precious defense, among other things.

PbPvhVS.pngfFo76Ne.pngjDBuh69.pnggwJOYS2.png

Raven has finally gotten over to the cell to talk to Lucius and convert him to our side.

Lucius shares the same kind of problem as Serra does, namely having the durability of a wet paper towel. Thankfully, by virtue of being in the Eliwood Lord class, he gets the Rapier which boosts his defense by 5. All Lucius really needs is an Angelic Robe and a Dragonshield or two and he'll be just fine.

As for his growths, they're very close to what Serra has, just a pinch lower in a couple areas. Basically, he'll be of the same glass cannon caliber as Serra is once he has gained some levels.

VsR730e.pnghG1zisf.png

Bartre gets to unlocking the southwestern group of treasure chests, obtaining an Unlock staff & Hero Crest. The former is quite useful since it has infinite uses.

8aUz5fa.pngYZWLd0T.png

Marcus picks up the last green army unit, then over the next couple of turns, does some healing maintenance to max out. Considering his lucky streak of speed gains, I'll forgive him for only getting hp here.

UafT2za.pngkByLWTC.pngzmCuXF5.png

Up north, there's a bonus enemy that you would do well to kill. Lightweight weapons coupled with 22 speed means the Nomad Trooper is likely doubling everyone in your army right now, meaning you'd better send up someone capable of taking two hits.

j4Y0DFO.pngVRv9Zct.png

Of course, Wil makes the whole issue with the Nomad Trooper moot by crit killing it and getting a fantastic level as well as the Luna tome. Sain is going to love that tome because of its 3-10 range, that's for sure.

Pox1OaK.png

Counterkilling to remove this Knight and the one behind it, leaving only the boss to deal with now.

XkAM2u9.pngWDl1cMm.png

Bernard is nothing special for a boss, but this curious looking Spear is worth mentioning.

BX9vSZe.pngBX9vSZe.png

First, some supports are strengthened.

VuY87u9.png

Next, Hector gets a bad level since he was literally one shot away from this. Somehow, Bernard doesn't decide to nuke Hector with his Spear. Why? Observe!

Ic4YvKy.png

Ok, Wil was at full hp there. That shouldn't have nearly killed him.

Also, why has Bernard's hp bar gotten...

...checking his stats now!

z6JY8rc.png

Yeah, that 5 use Spear is actually the Uber Spear in disguise. I swear he only switches to it when someone's at 1 range though.

Also...yes, I intentionally made him switch to the Uber Spear to show off the stats it provides.

Regardless, Wil has no chance of getting critted nor doubled by the Uber Spear, so Marcus merely has to heal him up between hits until the Uber Spear goes poof. Alternatively, stay at 3 range so Bernard can't switch to the Uber Spear.

nYcwr8E.png

Wil's going to farm Bernard with his Steel Lance for awhile until he's near death or Wil somehow reaches lv20. By rescuing Eliwood, it ensures that Wil only hits one time per player phase & enemy phase. No worries about him getting doubled since Marcus can patch up a double hit easily.

9dexwQv.pngo0IYOUr.png

Four more levels until he activates "KILL!" mode.

OKvHcUm.pngmxBqpxV.png

Lyn finishes off Bernard and gets more strength.

yBlamFA.pngRN1L0Jn.png

Loot from the northwestern treasure room.

ZCltzP9.png

Hector seizes the throne. Now, what reward was so worth re-doing the entire chapter for to ensure all three green army units survived?

J1j3Jkh.png

Another Mine. Yes, that was worth it. Wonder what Lyn thinks about this reward...

zyBhUUT.png

Yup, I think she likes it too. Good to see we're both in agreement!

That concludes chapter 17.

Death Count: Oswin (1), Lowen (5)

Next time: A proper Thief joins the team.

[spoiler=Growths & Comments (Raven, Lucius)]

Raven's growths:

Hp: 60% Luk: 0%

Mag: 40% Def: 25%

Skl: 65% Res: 60%

Spd: 65%

Raven is sure a speedy little unit, isn't he? Certainly combat capable and possessing the same endgame potential as Eliwood. He will be a very good unit if given some time to get his low base magic up to speed.

Lucius's growths:

Hp: 55% Luk: 0%

Str: 60% Def: 10%

Skl: 50% Res: 60%

Spd: 40%

Lucius is basically another version of Serra, just with a different unique weapon all for his own use and a different class. He just needs an Angelic Robe and a Dragonshield or two and he'll be good to go for combat.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One more update for today.

[spoiler=Ch17x: Give The Fuck Up]SZvA58j.png

Well, that's an ominous name for a chapter, isn't it?

eT2qMh9.png

You only get 5 other units you can bring with Hector for 17x. Since Wil is doing so good with his training, he'll sit this one out while some of my low level crew gets in on some action. Marcus is there purely to act as a healer and make sure people don't die.

x70DZM9.png

Doesn't take too long for an enemy Pirate to come in from the north and suicide on Sain, giving him a good level due to his speed going even higher.

5kVcxNi.pngm7HnOy7.pngbqNKNYO.png

On turn 2, these two lovely enemies show up. Both very nasty if they connect.

QFHKpGC.png

Everyone backs of the duo's range except for Hector. He's going to sit just inside the Swordslayer Pirate's range and counterattack him.

rAC6AmI.png

Technically, there's no boss right away on the map. This guy seeks to change that.

TUnMchE.png

If you're going to join in Damian, you'd do better than to attempt using a Steel Sword on Merlinus. Just saying.

L1nRrJh.pngyfAtIsi.png

Hector not only dodges the Swordslayer, he counterkills the enemy thanks to a crit.

tdJsBJD.png

Sain just plain doesn't give a fuck about enemies right now. He just ends up leeching back whatever health he loses from the enemies thanks to Nosferatu.

IGT5IXv.png

With the Pirate flow from the north stopped for the time being, Sain comes down south to start tanking like a champ with more Nosferatu spam.

lmRiY8W.pngtsvc2f7.pngOTjuolJ.png

No crit from Bartre, but he does gain a level thanks to the exp he gained from the hit.

pIH4D3H.pngHcZd5f3.pngDnLTrvQ.png

There's Damian. Not really that big of a threat unless he feels like coming in close with his Steel Lance. Even then, he's not the biggest threat of the map.

d8Y5NjP.png

Doesn't help the Pirate that he can one shot Lyn when she attacks first and kills him before that ever comes to pass.

SxHKPbx.png0qwCqKj.png

Another chapter gets written in the ever popular book of pointless battles.

ZxYqs5k.pngeF30pib.png

Dodging does no good when the attack is 100% accurate and about to go critical and one shot you.

QlOjOe7.png

Thank you kindly Damian for electing to rush up and get yourself killed on the next turn. That always helps.

GZHEqLF.png

More enemies try to kill Sain and fail. He gets a perfect level from his share of counterkilling on this enemy phase.

RI9DF4d.png4G0Y61K.png

That is why you shouldn't have come up so close Damian. Now you're one hit away from death.

mwMF3iy.png

And now you're dead. Congratulations!

m8C8nU1.png

Lyn gains a full 100 exp from the kill and gets even more strength. I think she's going to be fine so long as she continues to develop that resistance stat of hers along with some more strength & speed.

9gksH2s.png7Rrgmsk.png

A Pirate attempts to sneak into the base from the north, but he gets stopped by one of my watchmen.

ZwDyPwY.pngWKS2vBz.png5wAmyp6.png

Lots of counterkilling occurs on this turn.

dMZLuP3.pngL7lwTyz.png

Levels too, though Eliwood kinda needs to get more than one or two damned stats per level soon.

1O1n8ZM.png

The last enemy that wants to suicide on the team gets her wish, finally giving me a chance to explore the map a bit.

LpnA6Fk.png

Behind house #1, we have...

Z8CPCU1.pngH0lbfXI.png7STSXM8.png

Canas! He's another Thief, but a more traditional one with high skill & speed growths, meaning he'll be your primary go to unit when stealing things are required. His only bad growths? Strength & defense. Just make sure he doesn't rush in and risk getting swarmed & killed from multiple directions and he'll do just fine.

x0HZfkW.png5dx2avX.png

Of the murder squad in the central part of the map, this Pirate has a new weapon, the Devil Axe. The secret power it mentions? It ignores defense. That basically means a critical will likely kill anyone in the team at this point.

V9lyiFl.png

Lyn does some scouting on the northern route and finds a lone Pirate ripe for the killing. She slays him and gains a good level from the fight. At this rate, she'll be a superb glass cannon.

dM4ukvS.png

Time to lure in the murder squad and destroy them.

hRk2tFl.png

A Killer Axe Pirate? How lovely. Too bad Sain dodged his attack and is about to pull a critical off.

VN0tCm1.png

Quite a few enemies that need killing. Bartre kills this Mage.

GtkdDw4.png

Canas takes Bartre's Silver Sword so he can kill this Shaman/Heretic.

IMKuG4I.png

Lyn kills the Archer (and laughs because she's facing down a 0% crit chance from a Killer Bow, even if her supports are in range right now).

KHmAngM.pngGg9VXSi.png

Hector & Eliwood kill off the Devil Axe Pirate with Eliwood getting a decent level from the exchange.

7mVimBU.png

Finally, Sain pokes the last Pirate and shows Eliwood what a good level is like. Hopefully he'll take Sain's lesson to heart.

Cy4RFvr.png

Canas takes lessons in how to nearly get your ass one-shotted, then miss your counterattack like a dingbat.

a081KF0.png

Oh, a weak Pirate still wandering around?

l1Kdtgc.png

Here's a crit that had a 4% chance to go off. Hope you enjoy it!

7WcABoY.png

There goes the whole "My critical must be stronger" motto being shown in level up format.

wMuHo7m.pngTi69hCX.png

Canas finishes off the last enemy of the murder squad and gets his first level. Any defense he gets automatically makes it a good level, given his growth there.

uQYF92e.pngjSirMrH.pngBKfReh3.pngQEfjryK.pnglEwUaN8.png

Village visiting report. That Lancereaver oughta be useful soon I'd reckon.

c6EcRer.png

A support for Hector & Lyn established.

71AgI8e.pngiKVn0CG.png

Just some staves & tomes in the only shop on this chapter. I foresee a Monk of some kind joining the team very soon.

T7kcaZ4.png

Before closing this update out...see this duo here?

nFLAcMs.png

Well now, here's a Monk. Dart will eventually be joining the team, but not until chapter 19. He is showing off another Light tome though.

jgXS8QP.pngUFqvmXw.png

Also of interest is Fargus here. All you need to do to end the chapter is to have Hector talk to him, but he's also holding on to an Earth Seal you can steal...that is, if your Bartre or Canas somehow have capped speed and Fargus himself doesn't magically appear with 21 speed. It's possible to steal, just not very likely unless you've been RNG blessed.

riAJCsv.png

Hector talks to Fargus and the chapter ends.

Next time: FE7if, THIS is the proper way to balance the pirate ship chapter and not the bullcrap you called "balanced".

[spoiler=Growths & Comments (Canas)]

Canas's growths:

Hp: 70% Luk: 0%

Str: 35% Def: 25%

Skl: 60% Res: 55%

Spd: 60%

Canas is going to be your go to man for all things stealable thanks to his high speed growth. He's certainly combat capable, but his defensive stats are a bit low so he needs to tread carefully until those have had a chance to develop.

Time for an update!

[spoiler=Ch18 Part 1: Promote or Lose I]JvZZTHK.png

Well, some girl has appeared on the ship. I wonder who it is?

GYEqQba.png

It's Ninian and...oh my, I think her sanity's been broken because she damn well knows what this chapter is and the travesty of a map it was back in FE7if.

tB3QfSv.png

Worry not Ninian, for this is not FE7if and it will not force the player to deal with unreasonable odds. This is not a super hard chapter by any means.

Mgh9leW.pngLvjfXKB.png

Starting off, there's this Pegasus Knight holding an Elysian Whip ripe for stealing. The problem is that she's out on the water and must be lured in. Just make sure she has a clear shot at anyone that's either unable to counterattack or is using a 2 or 2-3 range weapon and it should be easy from there to steal the item.

llaP8J3.png

The Knight standing in front of Wil at the start has this new weapon on display. Too bad he's probably dying before getting a chance to flaunt it though.

DwsgRWO.pngKxk37wt.png

On the eastern ship is another new weapon on display, but this time, said weapon will drop once the Mercenary dies. Definitely worth your time to kill this one since the Longsword is 3 range, not extremely heavy, and very powerful with a good crit rate.

XCAZ2jt.png

Also on droppable duty are four specific enemies, each one with an emblem weapon. You'll almost certainly have all four emblem weapon before the first couple turns are up since all of them start on the ship you do.

Pat9d0C.png

First turn is all about trying to clear as much of the ship you start on as possible. Rebecca starts this task by slaying a Mercenary.

7h5DcTy.png

Meanwhile, Sain heads over east where he will be parked for a majority of the chapter, dealing with any reinforcements that appear on the upper half of the eastern ship.

PUpr7Id.png

Apparently the Swordreaver Knight was a General in disguise all along. He still got ORKO'd by Lyn though.

znpxZP7.png

Wil digs right into the middle of a huge group of enemies, just to murder this poor Nosferatu user.

gqqDrQJ.pngGmsaE3q.png

For that matter, every Heretic in the nearby vicinity got nuked in a single hit.

bsPvowt.png

That's one of the four emblem weapons retrieved. No doubt one or two more at least will be following on this upcoming enemy phase.

nKv884G.png

Wil dodges an attack. Anyone surprised by this at all? Anyone? No? I thought so, heh.

70LVxFn.pngdBR9Gjd.pngF5czqkx.pngdfnFtz7.png

Serra, what did I say about almost catching death? That Silm Lance jerk would have killed you had it not been for the Iron Lance flyer that missed its strike on you just a little while ago.

FRq8Suh.png

Told you there was going to be another emblem weapon being sent my direction, especially when some of the emblem weapon holders are suicidal like this Archer.

eyQeM0n.png

Ok dingbat Monk, if anyone is going to pull off bullshit low odds of hitting their attacks, it'll be Druids and only the Druids, NOT your kind I'm afraid.

vG5Ud2k.png

Second turn begins and the Elysian Whip gets lifted. This is the only major stealable item I'm worried about collecting this chapter so I can more or less dive for the boss and end it within a couple turns if I wanted to now, but I won't just yet since I want to farm some extra experience.

lWLF4Y1.png

Finally, the Longsword is mine!

lHTmAst.png

Seriously, Sain is on par to be downright nasty in a fight like Wil is should he continue to get levels like the one he just got.

HYOKOUz.pngu6LCRTz.png

Wil kills off the Monk that somehow had its attack hit him in the last enemy phase. He pockets a Shine tome for the pile for his efforts.

4SUvFSj.pnglQS93kU.png

There were a few flyers congregating around the center of the ship. Lyn took care of one while Hector will deal with another after Rebecca slays a flyer herself. She won't say no to more speed & defense, that's for sure.

JqHsTH9.png

Serra got patched up by Marcus after her near death experience and ran east to help Sain keep the ship over to the side clear of enemies. Lucius will be wandering over here too in the hopes of getting a kill or two for experience.

OWzNRdp.png

Yeah no, Serra's not having any of this so called damage bullcrap happen to her at this moment. Not while it's the enemy phase at least.

GPvQN6L.png

Nothing else of importance happened during that enemy phase (Well, unless you count Wil dodging another attack something important).

Also, while the mission requirement states you have to survive for 11 turns, killing the boss will instantly end the chapter.

Now then, that Myrmidon up by Sain?

6A3wgfF.png

Yup, he's using a new weapon. Low power, but very high on the critical rate. Just keep your low defense units away until this one falls.

yrVlRbM.pngdGJH2EB.png

Lucius finishes off a weakened Mercenary to get his first level. Not the best, but hardly a real terrible level by any means.

yVrAIWj.pngbdUmVO5.png

Serra & Sain now have the eastern ship secured, able to respond to any reinforcement threats on that side with the utmost of ease, especially since Lucius is there.

j0NiZmz.pngxKZljSO.png

Canas bags one of the last droppable emblem weapons and gets a good level for his kill.

Nq0HO0c.png4YwMDPL.png

Lyn slowly creeps closer to lv20 by killing off a lone Knight that wandered into her attack range.

6qVnE8M.png

Of course, the best way to end the first half of the update is to have Wil one shot a Cavalier thanks to his Horseslayer.

Part 2 should be incoming soon

[spoiler=Ch18 Part 2: Promote or Lose II]dtD8MTw.pngmvGvMis.pngERO3tes.pngvuPkZMg.png

There are shops to visit on the ship you start on, but keep in mind that you won't have any chance to restock equipment until ch21 so it's best to ensure you have enough supplies to last you a few chapters at best.

iPo7uzS.png

On the enemy phase, a Heretic attacks Wil and connects. I do believe that just earned the dingbat a critical spear strike in the face for instant death, am I right?

Sypg65p.pngdwtitRj.png

On the eastern ship, Serra covers for Lucius after he failed to connect on either of his hits. Serra, of course, criticals the poor flyer to death.

P2w6ecp.png

Wil has no infiltrated the western ship. Not too much longer until this fight can be wrapped up, but I want to stall and farm reinforcements for experience.

2KL8DJU.png

Lemme gues, you have Luna?

j6QEUbd.png

Yup, he does!

gvzGDNv.pngrGpPggv.png

Wil is simply not letting any enemy get away with a hit on him unless he crit kills his attacker.

dlxi2jA.png

And my luck with dodging attacks with high chances to connect rears its head once more.

092oc6U.pngw0ONbkT.png

Canas takes care of the fyler that attacked him from before and gains a pretty good level. A few more like this sir and you'll be in good shape I reckon.

7kYhtQ7.pngxS17a9S.pngoaJOY1b.png

The eastern team keeps their side of the map clear of all obstructions as per usual.

a7yPsbi.png2uDf1De.png

I don't even care that Wil got a bad level. All that matters is that he's one level closer to realizing his destiny.

t5pWZ1f.pngsRRuC0Y.png

Not much of interest happens for a few turns besides swatting away some reinforcements so might as well talk about the boss, Zoldam. Luna is obviously not to be underestimated, but killing him does end the chapter instantly like I mentioned before. Of course, that Guiding Ring is also a good reason to kill him as well.

WIl83KY.pngh3iJGed.png

More reinforcement slayings go on. Canas gets a meh level from one such kill.

ErHlwJ9.png78lbtU6.png

See above comment, but replace meh with ok and Canas with Lucius.

ZctZiXQ.png

Turn 7 and I'm doing so good at reinforcement killing that only the boss is left. That's a plus.

A3kkUzf.png

This though is a concern. A fourth ship from the south comes in with reinforcements appearing at the start of the enemy phase.

...uh oh!

b2dWL1o.pngvRxK4iG.png

I really need to stop nearly getting my units killed in stupid fashion like this, don't I?

3u4XP2G.png

You, go away. Thank you kindly Mr. Heretic.

FKmJR5W.png

Anyone at this point can tank Luna hits. Just need Vulneraries to patch up if sending in Marcus is too much of a hassle.

3Sr0jas.png

Fun fact: Hector missed this attack, but take a look at the Heretic below. He has Flux. He is precisely 5 steps away from Hector.

Yeah, I am awesome at unit placement.

2HtN5G3.png

Lowen steps in to finish off the Myrmidon that Hector failed to kill.

fbvdfED.png

Serra does likewise to help out Lucius after a double miss on the Pegasus Knight.

4yNMFU8.png

Yes, Hector gained a level, but if you look closely at his hp bar...yeah, the Flux user hit him hard.

DoVyttu.png

Christ, I REALLY need to stop nearly getting my characters killed, heh.

DBwLjqu.png

At least I get to laugh at the enemy whiffing on a hit with high odds to connect on Serra.

wk6juvq.pngQ7Eav5U.pngoECFMj6.png

Since this is the last turn, anyone that can grabs a target and murders.

8E8ja2Y.png

Wil decides to run up and stab Zoldam with his Horseslayer. He doesn't crit, but...

VL2pdH4.png7qlJtUt.pngmOBB01V.png

It just leaves the door open for Lyn to walk up and deal the finishing blow herself, getting a good level and the Guiding Ring.

oMSoCHQ.png

Don't worry Ninian, this map is all over with and so too does any memories of the awful FE7if rendition of this chapter.

Next time: A Monk with massive con joins the team!

Time for an update!

[spoiler=Ch19 Part 1: Vengeance For Leila]HnkYby7.png

Gee, I wonder who's kicking off before the chapter really gets underway.

mqCHln4.png

Here's where Chaos Mode throws all kinds of hilarity at you in the span of a single batch of pre-battle cutscenes. As you can probably guess, the green fellow on the left is none other than Nergrinch and he's speaking to his devious duo of elves.

Also, Limstella is confirmed to be half elf, half reindeer.

6YdqVva.png

Whoops, Leila failed her Sneak check!

euRydHA.png

Jaffar has a present for her...an exploding box of chocolates.

4LYW2ec.png

Or it could just be him doing the quickest costume change back into his vanilla class so he can pull off a Lethality on Leila. I guess that works too.

L5iOEqU.png

Harsh words from Ephidel there. Jaffar's still in an Assassin costume it seems.

Wt7ubGj.png

Anyways, battle time. More Fog of War fun to be had here with a gaiden chapter available if it's cleared quickly enough. Florina's here purely because she's needed to recruit someone.

o7loKiU.pngx1pnnJH.pngyss232A.png

It's not Dart because he joins at the very start of the chapter.

Dart is a pretty damn good character for a couple of reasons. Growth wise, his strongest growths are in three stats he wants lots of (hp, magic, speed). The rest are pretty poor which is worrisome when it comes to his awful defense base, meaning he needs to be careful when in the presence of multiple physical bearing enemies. Thankfully for his skill & resistance, those have solid bases so his low growths there aren't quite as bad early on.

Now, the real reason why Dart is good? That insane con of his. There are going to be some very heavy Light tomes coming into play later and he'll be able to use them the best without seeing his AS get torn to pieces.

Finally, he can support with Wil and Rebecca. Basically, that means he's staying in my party until the end of the game, no questions asked.

ZjQFI2q.pngjONpDGp.png

Way down in the southwest is this Thief with a Torch staff. I said it before, but I'll restate it here...I will not be using the Torch glitch on this run. FE7if got Torch glitch'd because it damn well deserved it. FE7 Chaos Mode is too much fun to try abusing the Torch glitch on it when possible.

JnhRyAv.png0UANKHZ.pngGGrPgam.png

This particular Cavalier has an Angelic Robe. Might be a touch annoying to approach given he has a Steel Sword and may prefer to stay back while attacking.

As for the Valkyrie next to him? Droppable Hammerne.

U0f93b2.pnglJzIPEJ.png

Canas starts by going south and nuking this Cavalier, coming within one point of capping his speed.

jEHII6v.png

Sain nukes the Thief from far away to procure that Torch staff for Marcus to use.

MWkIhrK.pngF6CpoEF.png

Having Marcus fire a shot of the Torch staff to the southwest, a couple interesting magic users are revealed. This one is using Eclipse, formerly a siege tome in vanilla. While it only has a range of 1 now, it is very accurate and still capable of halving hp if it connects. Not a tome you should take lightly, that's for sure.

JoADWy3.png

The Mage just to that Heretic's south is using Bolting. Only 1-3 range, but it cannot be countered.

gifwP5g.png7lafGu2.png

Serra's coming to the southwest herself to give Canas a helping hand by nuking a Nomad with her Steel Sword.

erOys82.png

Well, this enemy phase is sure starting off well, isn't it? At least Canas counterkills his attacker.

ovSNoe3.png

Lucius gets some counterkills going himself while dodging enemy attacks.

VCmRVRC.pngU8bz9e0.png

Of course, it only takes one bad hit to turn things completely around. Lucius manages to get the first instance of cheating death on this map so far.

7dkIBpy.png

Lucius did manage to pick up a level during that whole "oh crap!" moment though.

xAqSn0f.pngq7yzPfW.png

Fire Emblem AI sure loves it's potential killshots, even if it comes at the cost of 0% hit chances, am I right? At least Canas didn't almost die like Lucius, right?

OaZGB4t.pngjO13YIO.png

Wrong! That's two people that have cheated death on the first enemy phase. Not exactly the best level for Canas there, but skill is one of his low stats right now. I'll take the fact I survived that enemy phase without anyone dying as a victory for now though.

RGnsDyM.pngDnf5DN8.png

New weapon currently in the hands of a Falcoknight.

zFZ6z7x.png

The RNG still doesn't like Eliwood all that much as he deals with one of the flyers from up north. At least he got defense though.

tPZhdxL.png

Rebecca is still an anti-air unit as she OHKOs this Pegasus Knight with ease.

b6B68CI.pngb06kPtd.pngFtuM51I.png

Female flyers are still jerks it seems. Serra levels from her assault on a Falcoknight and comes closer to capping her strength & skill.

21rLIN3.pngJu0JaVc.png

Since Florina has nothing to do right now, she decides to kill off the weakened Falcoknight. Levels aren't important for her as she'll very likely be benched after this episode.

MBowK31.png

Yeah, I don't think so you dingbat Eclipse tome user.

doa8mPz.pngjHNEKmG.png

Another new weapon on display here. Low on the Mt, but 1-3 range coupled with a high crit rate and relatively low Wt makes it quite useful.

jd0VB8o.png

Of course, you have to hope a spear tossing maniac doesn't invalidate you instantly with a critical.

4MLplD9.pngsWpVcBk.png

Sain continues to nuke important targets from long range and continues his streak of getting good levels.

uQVh1kR.png

Dart manages to bag his first kill in his career. Good job there chief!

FJGMWgo.png

Canas puts and end to the life of a nearby Pegasus Knight, but also reveals...

4Uuqp9x.pngnn5ftgR.png

The Axereaver user! This can be very very dangerous in the hands of a more adept unit which thankfully this particular Pegasus Knight is not.

hy2A3rm.png

Seriously, I'm waiting for karma to come bite me in the ass right now with all these close calls I've been having.

EKWjNok.png

Bolting in action. Too bad Canas dodged the massive bolt of lightning.

0RjkRCn.pngfGRx5Oh.png

More killshots that luckily miss their markm as demonstrated by Dart.

n5NIN1v.png

Free Angelic Robe get!

B2HIgK8.pngLiypvw2.png

While the normal enemies don't cough up all that much experience, promoted enemies give lots of it. Wil picks up a good level which caps his speed after he skewers a Valkyrie.

7kqM0Oy.pngafzNsYP.png

One shotting a Monk for fun & profit as demonstrated by Rebecca.

xlkX0oR.png

Dear Pegasus Knight...Get. Out.

G8pn00h.pngQqmdCIw.png

Canas rips apart a poor Mage and caps his speed as a result.

Part 2 should be coming by tomorrow.

I would also have part 2 up tonight, but I'm literally 3/4ths of the way to falling asleep at the keyboard. I'll get it done first thing tomorrow after I've gotten some sleep.

Alrighty, let's wrap up ch19, shall we?

[spoiler=Ch19 Part 2: Vengeance for Leila II]FV7GVAm.pngxQyiI9R.png

Last time, Canas killed an enemy in the southwest corner, revealing a Pegasus Knight holding a Goddess Icon.

ecWRfGf.png

Serra comes in and does some weapon rearranging. Canas & her both have 2 range only weapons currently equipped so they don't accidentally kill the Pegasus Knight in the upcoming enemy phase.

B6xPJBD.png

Dart, having taken some heavy damage in the last enemy phase, uses one of his Elixirs to heal up.

PQKSPVO.png

Oops, I forgot to heal Bartre like an idiot. This death could have easily been prevented otherwise. Rewind powers are go and he dodges the killshot at least.

ya9Gggk.pngwgISPL9.png

Another Goddess Icon for the pile. Sain then comes in to kill off the flyer afterwards.

FalftY2.png

Lucius is dealing with some Pirate reinforcements coming from the northwest. Standing on the forest here means he's surprisingly dodgy and can ORKO any Pirates that come in.

feJtfgD.png

Meanwhile, Pegasus Knights have been appearing in the northeast, but Hector, Lyn, and Eliwood are there to make sure none of them get very far.

qGgNRIS.pngb8lSpaE.png91YpWws.png

A combined effort from Wil, Rebecca, and Dart give me control of the central island. Won't be too much longer before I can start heading for the boss.

wX2U6W4.png

Bartre takes Dart's Elixirs so he can heal himself and not have another silly death because of my mistakes.

olg5D3Y.png

Lucius is doing his guard duty in the northwest well. Not a bad level either because he's getting more hp, though the extra strength & speed are always good.

awVnCV0.png

Luna jerk, lovely. Good thing his magic isn't too high so he's not as annoying as he could have been.

pR81OGL.png

This Berserker though? You do not want a low defense or sword bearing unit getting attacked by this dingbat because he can very easily one shot or damn near one shot them, assuming he doesn't get a critical. Of course, when he attacks Wil, the danger is nullified.

b1vPXi1.png

Serra the dodging queen in action once again!

BWLav9y.png

Well now, we have two green army units appearing and...well, Leila cheated death it seems, heh.

IHbYNR9.png

Leila's first action is most certainly going to be nuking the closest enemy in the vicinity and wasting precious Luna uses in doing so.

iMQXSom.png

Florina gets to do her one and only purpose for being brought to this chapter, recruiting both Fiora & Leila.

TmP67YY.png5FHl4kf.pnglwievgq.png

First up, Fiora is the other character besides Serra that can use the Mani Katti, meaning you could opt to use her instead of Serra if that strikes your fancy. Of course, you could use both of them as well if you really wanted to because Fiora's a pretty solid unit. She's got plenty of skill & speed and enough hp to take at least one physical hit most of the time.

Growth wise, she's a more speedy & accurate take compared to Serra's power setup. Thing is, Serra already starts out pretty speedy as is so Fiora really needs to bump up that strength of hers to compete with Serra. Regardless, Fiora is still a solid unit and will not disappoint if you choose to use her.

Woy2t5c.pnguL82rkZ.pngfQHnpPp.png

Finally, Leila has given up her life as a Thief to study the art of Dark magic. Her bases set her up to something similar to what Hector is like, but specced to tank magic hits which works as a nice complement to Sain being better at tanking physical hits.

Growth wise, her only good ones are skill & resistance, arguably speed. The rest are a bit disappointing, but there are ways to get around that. For her, she's got one out by simply being a magic user, but that hasn't shown up just yet.

If you want to use her right out of the gate, toss her an Angelic Robe at least, perhaps some Speedwings too. She oughta do well from there.

y8Q4onh.pngqARPjyL.png

With some help from a long range Luna strike, Wil takes out the Berserker and comes within one level of realizing his destiny. Also, 8 res is his average at lv20/20. 10% resistance growth my ass, am I right?

89KQ0qp.png

Another shot of the Torch staff reveals the boss in the southeastern corner along with some of his buddies.

9EjMohX.pngRxDeAT8.png

Uhai isn't extremely dangerous, though you'd do well to send someone tanky in first, should he decide to use his Killing Edge or Short Bow, both critty weapons. If he does switch to his Short Bow though, his AS is going tank something fierce, making his death much easier to achieve.

ir4AHYu.png

Wil just plain doesn't give a fuck about magic attacks. You know, the kind of moves he's supposed to be weak to. Just saying.

CcYaXkP.png

Luna jerk is still wasting Dart's time.

mblstj2.png

This is what happens when enemies waste Dart's time.

f95XxSg.png

Moving further into the forest before the next enemy phase, Wil shames a bunch of enemies. I think he racked up a good three or four counterkills on this enemy phase, heh.

JHqIWOE.png

There goes the Luna jerk.

GLkQ9nF.png

Wil's going to solo Uhai. He doesn't need any help when he has a Horseslayer in his possession, that's for sure.

Z2JLwgy.png

Wil ends Uhai's life in true Captain Rex style...a critical for the OHKO.

P267Q1O.png

Wil is ready for his promotion, awesome.

eonmRYB.png

Someone apparently didn't get the memo from Florina that Leila is still alive. Capital work there Hector!

Death Count: Oswin (1), Lowen (5), Bartre (1)

Next time: Axereaver city & Wil's promotion.

[spoiler=Growths & Comments (Dart, Fiora, Leila)]

Dart's growths:

Hp: 80% Luk: 0%

Mag: 75% Def: 20%

Skl: 20% Res: 15%

Spd: 70%

Dart's very definitely a min-maxer with his growths. With time, he'll be a giant bundle of hp, magic, and speed, the three stats he wants the most. Everything else though suffers, but luckily he's got good bases in skill & resistance that will cover for him for those two stats all the way to promotion time and even a bit beyond that.

Fiora's growths:

Hp: 70% Luk: 0%

Str: 45% Def: 20%

Skl: 60% Res: 50%

Spd: 60%

Fiora can hold her own pretty well. Quite decent bases, overall good growths besides defense, the works. Just give her an Energy Ring if her strength base doesn't satisfy you and she'll make a fine unit. Being able to use the Mani Katti is also a plus for her.

Leila's growths:

Hp: 40% Luk: 0%

Mag: 30% Def: 20%

Skl: 50% Res: 50%

Spd: 35%

Good thing Leila has some mostly high end bases because those growths aren't exactly world record setters. There will be a way to improve those growths later on, but for the time being, she could really do with an Angelic Robe and maybe a Speedwing or two. With those, she oughta do well as long as she doesn't get attacked by multiple physical bearing units.

Just a note for the future: Nomad troopers with 1-range bows and Patriarch/Matriarch/Archsage (maybe others, but these are confirmed) with Fortify freeze the game. Be sure to set map animations off if any of these occur (the former is mostly a problem on Limstella's chapter; I can't think of another one with an excessive number of NTs).

Might as well toss out another update here.

[spoiler=Ch19x Part 1: Cattle Herding I]UdZHS92.png

That's because Hector doesn't have the proper perk available to sneak around in heavy Archer only armor sadly.

TMG5zsA.png

You know, this'll be hilarious to remember when you see what class he is now.

G6i2Yv4.png

Aw dammit are the bosses using Bartre's decoy trick too? Apparently so, going by this guy's mug.

5qBydbr.png

First order of business for my pre-battle preparations...Wil's promotion.

Now, here's the bad news...he doesn't promote into a Halberdier. The good news though?

2EA9usp.pngu6jgXUF.png

He's a Dragoon instead. This is just fine with me, heh. Those are sure some stats going up too, especially con. With a +4 boost, Wil can use Steel Lances much more reliably without his AS getting tanked quite as badly.

It gets better though!

zoPTTkb.png

Wil's base crit has gone up by 31. Of that 31 points of increased base crit, 25 comes from being a Dragoon, 5 from S-Spears, and 1 from the +3 skill granted by his promotion.

Basically, this means Wil is going to absolutely wreck whatever enemy he fights half the time or leave them so near death that anyone else can easily finish the target off.

The best part though? He still has a support to set up with Dart.

m5wIp8f.pnge07VG1O.png

Of course, other units got some boosts too. Dart got all three of my Dragonshields while Hector used some Speedwings.

LL5njeg.png

Time to talk about some of the things of interest for this map. See all of those flyers up there? Every single one of them has an Axereaver. Not fun if you're running several pure axe users like I am, but luckily I have Sain, Serra, and Canas who can launch long range attacks of their own and hopefully thin their ranks out quickly.

dKD0WJu.pngTKZfjf3.pngzQSyx20.png

As for the boss, Aion, his so called "thunder" magic is really just a collection of various Dark tomes. Luna is not going to be pretty to be hit by, given his high magic. Good thing I gave Hector those Speedwings or he could get double'd by Luna..

ZPX9MJr.pngWdZAsR3.pngRrJiTzs.png2VMKZw2.png

A couple new weapons in play this chapter. Neither should be of any major threat as long as you approach them with the correct strategy or lure them out with high defense units.

VLOBxcB.png

This Heretic is holding a stealable Goddess Icon. That's it for stealables besides Aion's Silver Card so might as well start moving through this map now.

i1brIMS.png

Sain begins weakening one of the Axereaver flyers. I think this is his worst level to date, but even then, it's still acceptable since speed is one of the stats going up, something you can never have enough of if you ask me.

iS31DDX.png8Y10wvb.png

Serra & Canas kill off the two nearest Axereaver units. So long as everyone else moves south a bit, the other Axereaver users should focus on only Sain, Serra, or Canas, all of which can easily tank the hits...that is, if they even hit those three in the first place.

aIy4p8z.pngCCF5Vb1.pnggA8Wpk1.pngyTdf5AW.png

Overall theme of the enemy phase, namely a ton of misses.

UWPl2Fr.pngR4K4EtY.pngMjGyLtD.png

Some of the misses come with counterattacks from my team as well.

emiSqwa.png

And, of course, some of THOSE miss as well. There's not enough missing going on here, is there?

2IsDjSz.png

Of course, there's a Physic jerk in the enemy group. Too bad there were two 9 hp Axereaver jerks and the healer could only patch up one.

8lVlsrl.pngYJ7CXM8.pngisQvus6.png

Serra, Canas, and Sain continue their deletion of the Axereaver flyers.

qSwIKPU.png

Canas gets a level from the Axereaver flyer he killed. Considering he has capped speed right now, I'm fine with this level. More defense is always good for him.

FE6oGK5.png

Poison Axe enemy is approaching so Rebecca attacks him, but fails to get a crit.

QU6C8ma.png7gM7zuS.png

All that means is that Dart gets a chance to come in and finish him off, getting his first level in the process. Apparently all those Dragonshields I tossed his way wasn't enough defense for him as he took measures to procure even more of it.

KiKVnIS.pngzqVwbS5.png

Wyrmslayer Myrmidon gets crit killed by Hector who gets a good level out of the deal.

c0ExcGW.png1eyqRFC.png

This seemed like a dangerous move to make...that is, until Eliwood pulled a critical off to make that danger a non-threat.

YZEZ7ml.png

Of course, what would a chapter be if Wil didn't get at least one kill of either the ranged or melee variety?

Rfo2lp8.pngRgmdPjM.png

More misses on another enemy phase. Eliwood's stats may be going on up at a slow pace, but he sure knows how to dodge attacks with high odds to land.

vDUtvaq.png

Yeah, sure. Attack Hector and do all of 1 damage. That's sure going to make me concerned for his life, heh.

84N6uBI.png

Don't take after Eliwood there Canas. He doesn't need more support to get hp only level ups. At the very least, Canas did kill the last of the Axereaver jerks.

RyapiGr.png

Hector takes care of a Swordreaver Brigand with a surprisingly non-redundant critical and takes the fallen's weapon for the storage pile.

z595qcy.png

This is the Heretic that's holding the Goddess Icon so Marcus is going to put him to sleep, allowing Canas time to get in range and steal it within a couple turns.

yi2wy5K.png

Oh my, who do we have here?

McFyWl5.png

Someone that can be really annoying, that's who. Kishuna's presence here signifies one thing...if you noticed in the screenshot above, a red aura blanketed a part of the map. Any magic user inside the red aura will not be able to use magic, up to and including Aion himself.

Now, Kishuna will run after 11 or so turns I believe, but you can get a team up to him and kill him off if you wish. Normally, that would take you to 19xx, but that chapter isn't in this version of Chaos Mode, though I believe it will be available in the final version. Regardless, I do plan to kill Kishuna for kicks so that point is moot right now.

eRBUYod.pngVKFa79M.png

Of course, to get to Kishuna, I need to carve a path through a large swath of enemies. Serra begins by dealing with a Nosferatu user from long range and gets a good level in the process. She oughta cap strength & skill before lv20 if the RNG is kind enough to her.

rmeq60n.png

Wil visits the southeastern ruins and scores another Goddess Icon for the stat booster pile.

d1jgGnv.pngtO6fUfq.png

Incoming Assassin with an Armorslayer, but Hector's not worried as he gets another death by critical.

Part 2 shall wrap this chapter up. Stay tuned!

Now, Kishuna will run after 11 or so turns I believe, but you can get a team up to him and kill him off if you wish. Normally, that would take you to 19xx, but that chapter isn't in this version of Chaos Mode, though I believe it will be available in the final version. Regardless, I do plan to kill Kishuna for kicks so that point is moot right now.

A tear for my broken version of the final update that I have to redo. Damnit, if someone could just help me figure out this broken RES stat.

Just a note for the future: Nomad troopers with 1-range bows and Patriarch/Matriarch/Archsage (maybe others, but these are confirmed) with Fortify freeze the game. Be sure to set map animations off if any of these occur (the former is mostly a problem on Limstella's chapter; I can't think of another one with an excessive number of NTs).

Noted. Back when during my derp fail run of chapter 17x, I had the Nomad Trooper glitch occur so I'll need to be careful of that.

Anyways, time to wrap up chapter 19x.

[spoiler=Ch19x Part 2: Cattle Herding II]gOXWTOz.png

Just more murdering at this point as I inch closer to Aion & Kishuna.

3phrHyy.pngstoxcXv.png

Of course, some people prefer to murder via criticals.

9EBpPaf.png3U9NXQh.png

Canas doesn't kill this Brigand, but it does make the Valkyrie do the only notable action of the next enemy phase. More importantly...

pkLT9Lf.pngWn08S1R.png

Canas can finally swipe that Goddess Icon from the sleeping Heretic and gain a level with even more defense for himself.

cV8XQCL.png

Rebecca finishes off the sleeping Heretic. More speed is just fine if you ask me.

zrDwNn6.png

Hector smacks a Knight and gets a level himself. More resistance is always good, especially for him.

opkB2lf.png

Lyn comes in to finish off the weakened Knight.

Axq7lee.png7TH2YAy.png

After another very uneventful enemy phase, Rebecca kills the Valkyrie and gets another level.

j8Q5f2V.png2EIXLsX.png

There goes the other Knight up there with Sain picking up a level in the process.

U4yLk3w.pngHWBxP6i.pngyody1Rg.pngnjXX7d6.png

Lyn wipes out a Brigand, leaving the team to deal with another one of those fancy bonus enemy units. This one is using a new tome, Fimbulvetr. No power on the tome and lowish accuracy, but infinite uses and a good crit rate. That Body Ring is going to be nice once the Sage is killed.

HWQyYgn.png

Alternatively, have a 20 speed Canas steal it for lulzs.

YAMxGGS.pngvor7zCO.png

I had Sain weaken the Sage from range with Luna while Lyn failed to weaken her further, but of course, Wil makes all that weakening a moot point when he just flat out crit kills the Sage in the kind of fashion you'd expect a class with the name Dragoon to do it with.

qGLoNTS.png

The only thing of note during the next enemy phase.

dG5lBWX.pngrQ9XcVR.png

Slowly but surely, the team is getting closer to Kishuna.

hVUVNIA.png

Of course, some of my characters cheat death on the enemy phase like Rebecca here. Good thing she wasn't criticaled.

svJWURj.png

More pesky Knights getting murdered and more levels getting collected. Might toss a Secret Book Eliwood's way since his skill hasn't grown too much.

TihIILs.png

Effective damage is always a pleasure to see, isn't it?

ihJNXwN.png

Only one Knight left near Aion now. Canas is one level away from being ready for a promotion.

fcJ3wGv.pngQplW6ug.png

All of the enemies around Kishuna have Silver equipment and can put up some good damage numbers. Not that it matters to Wil who picks up a level with even more resistance weakening a Sniper.

7ga6Rv3.png

The last Knight closest to Aion falls, granting Lyn a level. She oughta be able to cap skill & speed by lv20 with no problems at all.

KSoJf3A.pngT3JM0cN.png

The first of Kishuna's bodyguards falls to Rebecca as she gets another level for herself.

wNqGvxV.png

A combined effort from Serra & Lyn kill one of the last remaining Knights.

exA0rkc.png

Wil crit kills the other Knight.

IUf7wIi.png

The final Sniper, weakened by Hector, decides to attack Wil on the next enemy phase. He gets counterkilled and Wil gets even stronger due to that.

IReMd11.png

Start of turn 12 now, meaning Kishuna is going to leave the map once this player phase ends. I need to kill him now before he does that.

Also, if you're wondering why the enemy count is so high...Mages have been appearing from two forts near the start. Merlinus will likely have to take one for the team because I screwed up like a dingbat with him, but at least it means that Dart can rake in some experience for himself.

hzPpQpJ.pngz1sGfT1.png

Hector gets the assault started on Kishuna in the best way possible, a critical. Kishuna's toast now.

mlTs7VP.png

And now he's been kicked off the map, that's good. However, this means Aion will be active and likely nuke someone with Luna, meaning I need to switch up weapons with some quick trades to ensure that everyone will not get doubled by Luna.

dZQkDO9.png

Of course, Canas swipes another Silver Card for kicks before the next enemy phase begins.

OcWFl6k.png

Nice pink robes there chief!

Also, Aion's Luna shots can and will hurt as Eliwood finds out when this hit lands.

9BwS7AV.png

This is what it looks like over by Dart & company.

0Rnmtl5.png

Canas, Lyn, and Sain each land a hit apiece, allowing Eliwood to come in and try for a comedy hit option.

4Hv9R8q.png

The good news? He landed his comedy hit. The bad news?

sRzDGrv.png

That.

9xMs9Pz.png

Thanks for your most generous sacrifice because of my silly plans Merlinus. Dart will be able to rake in some easy experience now.

cLIzf4V.png

You know, provided he doesn't get his ass criticaled twice and get hit multiple times while standing in a forest.

Tj9phF5.png

Ok, this is more what I was expecting of Dart. Marcus can easily keep him patched up now that half of the Mage army is now dead due to counterkills.

7uFFTMi.pngV3SiXs0.png

Dart picked up two levels from slaying the entire Mage army. Pretty good levels there, especially because he got resistance twice in a row on 15% odds.

yHLZL5c.png8U45TY1.pngJ20Nu2r.png

Some last minute support forming being done here.

aDeLNSp.png

And that's chapter 19x all wrapped up.

Death Count: Oswin (1), Lowen (5), Bartre (1), Merlinus (1), Dart (1)

Next time: League Legault of Legends!