LunaticScreamer plays FE7 Chaos Mode

LunaticScreamer

Bartre doesn't have to be level 5 promoted (or promoted/levelled at all) to recruit Karla in CM, so you can save that Ocean/Earth Seal if you want.

Well now, that made doing the next chapter simpler. Thanks for that tip!

Now then, let's see what the next chapter is like, shall we?

[spoiler=Ch24 Part 1: Glorious Gay Geitz I]0Pg6li3.png

Hector, Lyn, and Eliwood are getting into the holiday spirit it seems. That's not the funniest part of the pre-battle conversations though.

9niccSQ.pnga1Q04NM.pngKlkmSb5.png

This is. Ninian's reaction to Eliwood's remark is pretty damned hilarious.

fC05exS.png

First thing's first...Dart gets the Stimulant. This will turn his poor growths into quite acceptable ones and even give him a chance at getting luck since, as mentioned before, the Stimulant raises all growths by 20%, luck included.

9dUaCJa.pngBgjuqTn.pngPgH5WXu.png

Now that I'm getting the chapter that I want, I can hand out some promotions to a few people. Hector & Lyn get a passive +25% boost to their base crit rates while Eliwood picks up C-Light and C-Staves.

JAd110L.pngqX81WAT.png8r36i24.png

Distributing some stat boosters around too. Hector gets some more Speedwings, Serra gets a Body Ring/Goddess Icon/Dragonshield combo, and Lucius gets a Body Ring.

qRAM9eR.png

Most of my time during this map is going to spent on the lower half of it. The enemies are starting to pick up in power and I need to tread carefully so my low defense units don't get overwhelmed.

mnHXUbq.png

Up here, there's a Lyn Lord & Eliwood Lord, each using their personal anti-cavalry weapon (Mani Katti & Rapier respectively). Both will drop their weapons upon death, meaning if you're employing Fiora alongside Serra, you will no longer have to share your other one.

Also, that Hero? High stats & a Silver Sword. Best to send someone up with the Iron Rune to lure him out as a crit is probably going to mean an OHKO for half or more of your army.

fksTJGg.pngP1jrqzn.pngCnBy8MZ.png

d4yuMmg.pngrCts4Co.png

Tons of stealables here. Going from left to right on the pics above, there's Speedwings, Dragonshield, Energy Ring, Blue Gem, and an Angelic Robe up for pilfering. No points for guessing what the Sorceror has for a Dark tome.

xihNIC2.png0tFRgO9.png

Time to start carving a past east. Wil continues his "delete this enemy" service and OHKOs a Mercenary with a crit.

1qPZiz1.png

The Rescue staff is so incredibly useful. You can bring someone from the rear line up to the front and, provided he or she hasn't taken their turn yet, can move and attack an enemy. Not that Dart needed it here, but I just wanted an excuse for Sain to get 25 exp.

MZv6Vmt.png83IWMGJ.png

Another OHKO due to a critical thanks to Dart.

WQL6PGl.png

Giving Dart the Stimulant was the right call because that's a damned good level for him.

OUXfbEE.pngBMWT0OZ.png

First enemy phase has this named unit moving forward and doubling Isadora. She dodged one hit, but even then, she could have eaten two hits just fine.

24uQskg.pngfq0m9KC.png7hpT2sn.png90Kpqqp.png

Unfortunately, that named unit was the only one to land a hit this turn for the enemy. Everyone else failed quite badly.

dkCw9va.png

One Wyvern Rider failed so hard that Sain blasted him into the afterlife with the third OHKO by critical.

eDQkR4p.png0nGYtFB.png

Wil goes 2/2 on OHKOs by criticals nuking a Pirate. I won't be going up north for awhile so I need to make sure any Pirates near the villages are taken out promptly to prevent them from being destroyed.

86KlG9c.pngICvGd3t.png

Lucius finishes off the Fighter that attacked Eliwood and, despite not having a Stimulant, gets a damned good level.

IKlhodu.png7SybsBV.png

Need to clear a path to the named unit (The Falcoknight for reference here). Hector keeps the OHKO crit train rolling.

vrHJOHJ.png

Rebecca derails the OHKO crit train as neither of her hits here critical.

QBHgyOb.pngRy8pfwZ.png

Sain gets the OHKO crit train back on track though.

62ReKV5.pngNxoD0v9.png

Canas finishes off the Mercenary that Rebecca failed to kill and picks up a level. That's most likely karmic balance in effect after the levels Dart & Lucius got, but at least Canas got speed.

ITXhqrs.png

Dart kills a Mercenary on his way to the named enemy unit.

kbuVO9E.png

Then, with an extra turn from Ninian, Dart talks to this named unit and gets him on our side.

zCQYLYi.pngqgQEK6e.pngoTSJWm6.png

Geitz is a pretty solid flyer, all things considered. Plenty of speed, a good amount of con for a Falcoknight, and quite decent growths. Only defense is bad for him, but at least he has enough hp for now to take one physical hit if it comes to that.

If that strength base of his bothers you, toss him an Energy Ring or two and he'll be just fine. There's that stealable Energy Ring as well.

I won't be using Geitz long term, but he can help me get a couple minor tasks completed on this map.

h06DabC.png

Isadora heals herself up while Eliwood moves into a forest and prepares to bait the Axereaver Knight way up north into attacking him.

Also, I screwed up my earlier turns a bit.

r2XETYV.png

Yeah, Wil was in range of the Luna user and still had his Axereaver equipped. You can guess what happened afterwards.

KpItnqc.png

Dead Luna user that had the Speedwings, that's what.

What I should have done on the last turn before recruiting Geitz should have been to have Dart ignore killing that Mercenary he wiped out and went straight on to recruiting Geitz. Ninian would have then moved up, gave Wil another turn, and he would swap his weapon to something that wouldn't make him counterattack the Luna user.

Due to my screw up here, the only way I could have feasibly accomplished keeping the Luna user would have required Geitz to fly up and swap Wil's weapon around, then dodge two hits of a Brave Lance, possibly a Luna hit too, so he could have enough hp to tank the Poison Lance hit. I could have RNG abused to ensure his survival, but I don't want to intentionally do that just for one item.

So...no bonus Speedwings now. I'll live though.

wC8zJ9w.png

After that screw up, the Brave Lance Wyvern Rider went after Eliwood. All he got in return was another OHKO by critical.

88acgRV.pngvGdxSQq.pngcYqDTDi.png

Quite a few enemies approaching from the north so Lucius, Hector, and Wil take out ones in front quickly. Not much else happens this turn except to form a wall so my squishies don't get tagged by the Wyvern Rider near the wall there. That's the one with the Angelic Robe I need to steal.

ERqeelB.png

Stop dodging killshots please, thank you.

KBWqp9P.png

Well, that's going to leave a mark. At least the Wyvern Rider is on dry land now.

LOPQXUB.png

Another stat booster for the pile.

iNYQ6uL.pngLmdigh2.png

Still a couple stragglers coming from the north. Lucius picks up a level off the Mercenary he killed.

mWKeqoY.png

Dart rushes ahead to kill a Wyvern Rider while hopefully enticing the two newly spawned ones to go in his direction.

THLKNKX.png

Serra picks up a level killing off a Poison Lance wielding Pegasus Knight.

mdcPLO7.pngxuREfJ8.png

Rebecca also contributes to the quickly decreasing number of Wyvern Riders on the map and gets a level herself.

tUB0BQ9.png

Sain continues the recent trend of gaining levels. Not a bad level actually considering he has speed & defense capped right now.

uch55Dw.png

Earth shattering kabooms are always fun to see.

skjnTFn.png

Hector takes out the last of the enemies coming down the western side of the map for the moment.

p9MT2R2.png

Literally the only thing that happened on the following enemy phase.

QBgxKM1.pngFrZupiR.png

See the above remark, but replace enemy phase with player phase.

0b9ijvx.pngXneWhgP.png

One silly Pirate attacks Dart and promptly gets his rear end handed to him, dropping a Goddess Icon for the pile.

VWnpbO1.pngK0zjp3F.png

Serra gets a OHKO crit on a Berserker with her Steel Sword.

As you can also probably tell, my entire team is over in the southeast right now. Since the majority of the reinforcements appear on the eastern half of the map, this is where I want to be until they dry up.

Anyways, that's part 1 of the update over with. Part 2 should be coming soon.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wrapping up chapter 24 now.

[spoiler=Ch24 Part 2: Glorious Gay Geitz II]jgsgFNY.pngYnsdSd2.png

Another enemy phase, another wave of misses.

BB63EXY.png

Clusterfuck up there, lovely. Luckily, the Pirates have reduced movement in the water, meaning I can deal with the Wyvern Riders as they approach.

Now, the Pirates will likely go to destroy a village, but there's a catch...they'll go for the closest one they can reach without anyone in their way. If I were to block their path to the southeastern village, they would go for the two in the northwest. However, if I ensure they have a clean path through my army to the southeastern village, they will go for it.

Basically, what I'm getting at here is that you can manipulate them in such a way to more or less keep them rooted where they are. Give them a clear path to the southeastern village, then block it off when they get close (but not too close so that any are in range to attack your units of course). It's a great way to keep them from getting to any villages until you're ready to either visit the villages or lure the Pirates in to their deaths.

scBxJly.pngBrP0lQL.pngcxfgImD.png0DCTFcx.png

Anyways, since all I'm doing now is waiting for reinforcements to reach the team and killing them until they all dry up, I'm going to abridge things heavily here and just post a bunch of levels.

PeImtnv.pngesiA0Dh.png

Of course, there's some stealing going on too thanks to Canas.

VAXwptl.pngLOyN4fs.png

Returning to the usual enemy killing grind, already in progress.

vWNTJd4.png

Another item pilfered. Also, a small group of enemies is approaching from the western side of the map so hopefully Canas can sit in a forest and fend them all off.

Azvydzn.pngSLR8vTY.pngVEtjuyL.pngzlqkGSG.pngotZrOiz.pngu2XHEvL.pngjfDRwo6.png

Well, it was a little closer than I would have liked thanks to a pair of Silver Sword Mercenaries mixed in with the rest. Canas survived though and that's all that matters.

bzE5xnV.pnglXwHVcn.png

In defending himself during that singular enemy phase, Canas picks up two levels for himself.

gI02yrm.png7OrqfwJ.png1LiG5gM.png

More levels! With the eastern half of the map being handled well by the rest of my team, Canas is going to go visit the two villages on the western half of the map. He'll have Sain waiting in the back, ready to toss a Physic heal his way if he requires it.

B6vqlkk.pngBTYmuau.png

What else is there to say really? The enemies keep on pouring in and I keep on striking them down with my unpromoted crew (even if I don't foresee Isadora staying on beyond this map since Sain, Eliwood, and Dart have the magical side of my army covered well enough).

1G4J4ZW.png4JfOG89.png

Of course, what would an Assassin be without triggering Lethality every now and then? At least Canas has capped strength now.

h0VrjOz.pngOGr0ur3.pnglxFSQhB.png

Yet more levels and...wait a minute, I see a lv20 unit there. You know what that means!

1msfMvI.png

There's one notable difference between Rebecca's promotion to Berserker and Lyn's promotion to the same class...Rebecca only gets +1 con while Lyn got +3. That doesn't make Rebecca any less useful though. Remember, Rebecca is better at tanking physical attacks while Lyn is better with tanking magical attacks.

a7iNIzy.pngKhEZqAu.png

Not much longer and the enemy reinforcements will be over with.

6UAAYAe.png6dHhlKX.pngJZe7fjW.png

More reinforcements getting picked apart means Canas caps another stat for himself, resistance.

coK3b5o.pngTDSgA3g.png

Serra's picking up stat caps herself during this enemy killing spree.

ruHgOCR.png5NFtXEu.png

Almost done with the reinforcements now.

DDM4KSM.png44NgBCl.png

Canas visits the two villages in the northwest for some goodies.

T4urwjr.png7e57tv0.png

Serra & Lucius put the finishing touches on the last couple of enemy reinforcements. Only four enemies left on the map now and all of them are in the northeast.

D2msC0r.png

Geitz is waiting here with the Iron Rune in his inventory for a specific reason.

BigMs26.pngsVXgo3v.png

There we go. The boss moved east to attack Geitz with his Steel Sword, but missed. More importantly, by luring him east, it'll be much easier to draw out his cohorts and deal with them first.

bv4uPzY.pngutqjGSf.pngy08Ee98.png

Linus isn't super dangerous to deal with. No dangerous weaponry at least. All he really has going for him is his high stats and an A support with his brother, Lloyd. Killing him will end the chapter, hence the reason I lured him to the east so I can more easily kill his backup without him attacking as well.

DH5czR3.png

Geitz, his task of luring Linus over to the east now complete, visits the southeastern village.

9XzEWLw.png

Buyable Restore staves? Nice...except for the fact I totally forgot to grab a couple before ending the chapter, whoops! Here's hoping I get another shop later on that sells them.

OseF7M7.png

Rescue staff makes shuttling a small strike force across a map so easy.

gLEAjaA.png

Lucius lures out one of the Steel Sword users and gets a level since he was on 99 exp before this enemy phase.

IGNtTRB.pngok7npP1.png

One Hero falls, but another one takes his place. This one is different though.

ivJmZyh.png

He has the last stealable item of this chapter.

O5muiOm.png

Lucius hits lv20 doing the whole OHKO by crit deal once again.

QKzManH.png

Dart gets some scratch damage healing done. Not necessarily for levels, but for another reason.

a1xPHiZ.png

This weapon level rank up brings him to A-Staves, giving me a second Physic user to utilize.

pbA6l5j.pngvILjBvA.pnguFbqyRh.png

Geitz heads to this island with the Silver Card & Member's Card in hand to visit the secret shop. Lots of useful equipment here. He grabs two of every weapon on display here (and dodges Linus's attack once more too). He also sells the Blue Gem stolen from a Pegasus Knight.

e5A3NaY.png3Tg6SeR.pngsTaRF7d.png6bQByAW.png

Rest of the shops on the western side of the map. Lots of stuff I can buy more of and...wait a minute, are those Axereavers on sale? You damn well better believe I'm getting several of those!

iontXSQ.png

Serra gets a B-support with Lucius.

e2JzmS9.png

At this point, it's all Dart from here on out.

TIYvv6I.pngOThIJQ2.png

Free Bolting tome? That could be useful at some point.

93DHJKX.pngmQV5pJZ.png

Doesn't take long for Dart to reduce Linus to nothing. What does Linus get for failing his job?

dPnjRrI.pngWDp2PEW.pngHQgSChe.png

All his presents are forfeit to Limstella the red-nosed reindeer.

oRMbfL6.png

One last amusing line before chapter 24 concludes.

Death Count: Oswin (1), Lowen (5), Bartre (1), Merlinus (1), Dart (1), Sain (1), Pent (1), Hawkeye (1)

Next time: Potentially another Dragoon for the team?

[spoiler=Growths & Comments (Geitz, Wallace)]

Geitz's growths:

Hp: 85% Luk: 0%

Str: 50% Def: 10%

Skl: 60% Res: 30%

Spd: 60%

Geitz is not half bad actually. Good offensive growths and able to shrug off most magic fairly easily due to his high starting resistance and decent enough growth. His strength starts a bit low and he's rather frail on the physical side of things though. Certainly a potential endgame unit if you can just get his strength up quickly.

Wallace's stats:

Lv4 Valkyrie

Hp: 39 (70%) Luk: 6 (0%)

Mag: 20 (55%) Def: 18 (50%)

Skl: 17 (50%) Res: 17 (50%)

Spd: 9 (25%) Con: 15

If you got the alternative version of chapter 24, Wallace will be the character you can recruit. He's like Marcus, but Wallace has two things that make him a potentially more viable Valkyrie than him...high defensive growths and a very high 15 con, allowing him to lift heavy tomes with little to no AS loss. All Wallace really needs is some Speedwings or perhaps a Stimulant so his speed isn't abysmal and he oughta do well.

Even if you don't plan to use Wallace in the endgame, I do believe he comes with an Iron Rune in his inventory. Nothing wrong with an extra copy of that item, that's for damn sure.

Time for today's update!

[spoiler=Ch25: Equine Slaughter]hLICG64.png

The Bern family must hold some kind of weird event to see who in their family can out-stupid the others. It'd explain the whole pageant deal in any case.

fsps9rb.pngSvqzR3V.png

Anyways, two promotions got handed out. Normally, you'd need Heaven Seals to promote these two, but using an Earth Seal will also work.

Also, I ended up playing ahead and taking screenshots for the next two chapters and I found out that the game counts freshly promoted people like these two as having gained 0 exp. Stinks cause I kinda wanted a specific chapter 27 map, but it's too late to go back now.

euKSg0g.png

Anyways, that all is in the future. For the present, this is a breather chapter compared to the last few. No real nasty threats at least. If you still have any unpromoted units in your team you want to use, this would be the best chapter to bring them up to speed in.

quReYrT.pnge8JzjBe.png

Not much happens the first turn. Wil & Lucius snipe a pair of Pirates out in the water while Dart goes solo to take the southwestern fort. Everyone else will be doing whatever really.

0FHolKf.png

You missed nothing on the enemy phase. Picture this happening to Ninian several times. That's about it.

7HU0Y6E.png

A Pirate appeared over where I can't reach it easily. If left unchecked, he will make a break for the nearby village and destroy it.

68vHHW1.png

Axereavers make dealing with far away units like that Pirate so very easy and I love it, heh.

ScA1yq7.png9vAV3lu.pngTyzQgeP.png

Another wave of enemies gets put down. Dart will soon reach the southwestern fort's enemies and completely shame every last one of them.

sP0zHrf.png

Ninian has sky high evasion right now. Perfect for luring out silly bosses.

Re6w654.pngov2MgJw.png

Other than that, same old song & dance of my team dodging everything thrown at them thus far. Serra's counterkill bags another Halberd for the storage pile.

Mpb6xAQ.pngEgJBfhH.png

Regarding Pascal...you don't want to let him use that Brave Sword of his, especially against low defense targets. Besides that, he's nothing special. He does have a White Gem you can steal though. That extra 10k gold from selling it could help in recruiting someone that appears on this chapter.

eChUq3f.pngBF0e5y0.png

Dart's going to have no trouble clearing out the southwestern fort on his own. He fails to crit the Warrior, but he gains a level in the process.

fQUKb79.png

Canas is going to swipe that White Gem, but first, he kills a Cavalier.

fG6Wbn3.png

Then, with an extra turn provided by Ninian, he steals the White Gem.

Utne31I.pngSF12EJj.png

Finally, Sain uses his Rescue staff to get Canas out of the range of the enemy force. I don't trust his chances there right now.

wBpbSTE.pngkUiGnWS.png

Some cleanup business performed back near the start.

64AsG5Q.png

Oh yeah, there's a few ballistas on the other side of the lake, but Serra just invalidates them right now.

3wiSfdw.pngpJ5JXO8.png

Pascal tries to attack Eliwood with his Brave Sword, but comes up empty. Eliwood doubles him and misses his second hit, but the first went critical and took a big chunk out of his hp total.

uUQYZIT.png7qtpMDB.png

More counterkilling is the name of the game for this enemy phase.

g2qVD1H.png

Fort #1 seized.

zGdEi62.pngKZ9NvM9.png

The silly Warrior that left his assigned fort unguardes gets picked off by Wil who gains a level and caps speed.

FEE8sCa.pngAmqSbMM.png

Eliwood picks up a level as he takes down Pascal.

6FbqQfa.pngqGxuYc2.png2GLFpNr.png

Just a little house cleaning to wrap up this turn.

JdafEg3.png

Just showing this off so you can see how much of a clusterfuck the north tends to be.

8nNulkQ.png

This is what happened to any silly Cavaliers that felt like attacking Eliwood on the enemy phase.

IR1z2A9.png

Green army unit has arrived! Her goal is to move towards Hector and have a chat with him, a feat she'll do on the next turn.

UuPSu9A.png1YNbOLE.pngzH2EDMl.png05dTvRS.png

Before that, a path is cleared out to Fort #2.

CUnmaTJ.png

Only one more fort to seize now.

TTm1KXq.pngWrSEuDi.png

Not much to say about the enemy phases anymore. My team is simply too strong for them to overcome at this point. One Monk does drop a free Divine tome which Dart is going to make some very good use of when he gets the chance to advance to his 3rd tier class.

HGSdoxP.png

Looks like the girl will join Hector's army, but it'll cost him 20k gold to do so.

8Ha6OEA.png

I don't know...

PCJRSCb.pngwRW6tDr.pngRJcsVWd.png

Oh who am I kidding, she's a goddamn DRAGOON. Of course she's getting hired!

Anyways, Farina is actually pretty darn good, especially when compared to Wil. Not quite as much con as Wil, but still enough that she won't get too encumbered using Steel Lances thanks to her high speed.

Growth wise, her offensive growths are bit lower than Wil's, but still damned good overall. As for her defensive growths, it's a mirror image of Wil. While Wil has a high defense growth and low resistance growth, Farina is the complete opposite. This allows her to potentially lure in the kinds of enemies a normal Wil would be a little worried about taking one too many hits from.

WW1hEd2.pngAQA1646.png

We now return to your regularly scheduled murder, already in progress.

FaxEgCc.png

Lucius has some work to do by the final fort to seize. An enemy he kills on the way over there grants him a perfectly selected two stat level up.

wlkaVkk.png

Well now, a redundant critical. That's something I haven't seen too much of lately.

p43j97o.png

And they just keep on coming in now that I've said that. Figures!

LmSuxU3.pngXMj9IQx.png

Lucius destroys the guardian of the third fort. Said guardian had a Berserk staff. Too bad he couldn't use it, heh.

wAPfwJ0.png

Wonder where this came from? The third fort is spitting out Monk reinforcements which are getting torn apart by them suiciding into Lucius.

CBK9k83.pngc7OJjmx.png

Lyn carried Farina across the lake to the south. Farina, with the Silver Card in hand, checks out the shops. I grab a few of every single magical thing available in the shop on the right.

qhJbmKI.png

Just playing around with the enemies right now until I can get Lyn to visit that village.

gpUcmQB.png

Said playing with the enemies may or may not involve earth shattering kabooms.

VN9w1GF.pngXdLuQXO.png

Levels picked up doing some random scratch damage healing around the map.

I5ypfGB.png

Basically, a free 2500 gold for me when I can sell it off. Not too bad.

5MMXFr1.pngGBVGzWv.png

Don't have any desire to sit around until the Monk reinforcements dry up so Dart & Farina clear a path to the fort.

he2PVd1.png

Lucius seizes fort #3 and ends the chapter.

u542mvX.png

Interesting title for chapter 26. We'll see what that's all about next time though.

Death Count: Oswin (1), Lowen (5), Bartre (1), Merlinus (1), Dart (1), Sain (1), Pent (1), Hawkeye (1)

Next time: The game is done playing around now.

[spoiler=Growths & Comments (Farina)]

Farina's growths:

Hp: 75% Luk: 0%

Str: 45% Def: 10%

Skl: 60% Res: 60%

Spd: 60%

Farina's pretty good overall. Much like how Lyn complements Rebecca, Farina complements Wil's abilities by having her primary defensive stat be resistance whereas Wil's is defense, allowing her to lure out the kinds of enemies Wil would be worried about taking a nasty hit from. Couple that with solid bases & growths and she oughta be as useful as Wil all the way to the endgame.

PCJRSCb.pngwRW6tDr.pngRJcsVWd.png

Oh who am I kidding, she's a goddamn DRAGOON. Of course she's getting hired!

Anyways, Farina is actually pretty darn good, especially when compared to Wil. Not quite as much con as Wil, but still enough that she won't get too encumbered using Steel Lances thanks to her high speed.

Growth wise, her offensive growths are bit lower than Wil's, but still damned good overall. As for her defensive growths, it's a mirror image of Wil. While Wil has a high defense growth and low resistance growth, Farina is the complete opposite. This allows her to potentially lure in the kinds of enemies a normal Wil would be a little worried about taking one too many hits from.

Worth noting she also comes with 15 LUK, that's the most of any unit in the game, barring Ninian but Ninian also gains LUK over time. I did this to make Farina extra unique.

Edited by Klokinator

Alrighty, time for the first update today!

[spoiler=Ch26 Part 1: To Kill Or Not To Kill I]jgGZFXq.pngqmWNm5L.png

Screw the pageant. The Bern family is now making their own soap opera as we speak. Sonia's directing the whole show after all, heh.

ossqNd3.png

All preparations are complete so let's dive into this map right away by getting a free Heaven Seal. While Serra & Lucius are already promoted, this is needed if Rath wishes to promote. He cannot do so with an Earth Seal, presumably because of the fact his class is the Hector Lord and, well, this is Hector Hard Mode. That promotion normally comes as a plot promotion a few chapters from now.

vJY04ny.png

Turned on the mission objective screen since this is a survival mission. Your team is split into three groups and you'll have to survive for 11 turns to complete the chapter.

jgDTCkI.png

Quite the clump of enemies down here, isn't it? All of the unpromoted enemies are still lv14, but the promoted ones are also of the same level. What does that mean?

7OpTPQC.pngCXEufOq.png

Chaos Mode is done fucking around. This is the part of the game where the difficulty really starts to ramp up quickly. To put it into perspective...this Berserker can one shot my sword users except maybe Lucius with the Rapier...and that's assuming he doesn't critical.

nVL0ghv.pngd9N5OjM.png

Oh yeah, tons of Wyvern Lords in the northwest and northeast, all with high stats and not to be underestimated. Hector, Eliwood, and Lyn are going to solo the entire squad of course, but I'll need to get them on to those forts quickly so they all have good avoid.

9cyAyCK.pnggBCBrtT.pngCwpNzpd.png

Now then, here's the reason the chapter is called what it is. Normally, Vaida would have an Uber Spear and be extremely hard, if not impossible, to kill. Here though, she's a Bishop with a Lightning tome. Still dangerous, yes, but much more easier to take down compared to vanilla. If you choose to kill her now, you won't be seeing her later on, but you'll get a Warp staff upon her death.

Me? Since Dart is covering the Light magic class pretty well, I'll be killing her off and taking that extra Warp staff.

yvskUBN.pngrhraWlV.pngkCRrh73.png

Two new party members join right at the start, though Pent should be a familiar face since he was in action in chapter 23. He's apparently a dingbat who forgot to bring his Wyrmslayer & Silver Sword to the battle, instead having a Brave Sword to defend himself with. Good job there sir!

In any case, Pent's not a bad unit at all. Sure, his strength & resistance growths are bad, but the former can be fixed with a couple Energy Rings. He's also capable of using the Rapier & Durandal weapons like Lucius.

One other downside though...that forced A support with Louise. I'll talk about that in a bit.

XILceG1.png3rcFj3T.pngbKH76gD.png

Speaking of Louise, she's another Berserker which is never bad in my eyes. The problem though lies within that A support with Pent. If she dies, Pent disappears forever. The same occurs to Louise if Pent dies. Basically, if you want to get the most out of her or Pent, you basically have to use them both at the same time. Considering my party is pretty much set except for a few vacant slots for future party members, neither one will be used past this chapter.

At the very least, Louise does bring a free White Gem with her, meaning 10k gold for the war chest.

One last thing about Louise...growth wise, she's much like Serra or Lucius. Plenty of strength, skill, and resistance, decent speed, and low defense.

NJLuZEZ.png

Right away, I plan to destroy Vaida. Lyn needs at least one critical to ORKO Vaida, but two crits in a row will ensure she doesn't have to eat 18 damage with a bunch of flyers incoming the next turn.

TJzxrIK.png1SfvNJm.png

Luckily, she gets two crits in a row, taking out Vaida and getting a good level to go with another Warp staff for storage.

QQ6J1j6.pngGwBZhgC.pngcVSAa4X.png

Murder time, mostly to get some annoying enemies out of the way before the first enemy phase begins.

fwKXBfX.png

Louise rescues Pent, then Sain brings them both over with his Rescue staff. Protecting them should be much easier now.

kI0BV6u.pngXx4Nqd7.pngOghUiHa.pngnhcSz4j.png

Eastern team gets their murder spree going as well.

ZoGsGQt.pnggqFcXXb.png

Lyn attracts two Wyvern Lords to herself, but thanks to her supports and good avoid on top of a weapon type advantage, she dodges both hits,

UrUi0nJ.png

Luna jerk, oh dear. Eliwood dodged though which is good.

56MDB6j.pnglRuET9p.png

Eliwood didn't dodge here, but he did smack his attacker twice and get a good level from the exchange. Still, this shows precisely why the promoted enemies are so dangerous. One hit took off a 1/3rd of Eliwood's hp, even with his good defense and both supports in range. He should be fine though once he gets on a fort the next turn.

GgddGgK.png

Hector gets attacked too, but all he does is counterkill his attackers and get a good level as well.

npJ5gM7.pngYBdreJH.png

Eliwood should be just fine now. It'll take a massive stroke of bad luck for him to die now since the enemies are going to have something like 15-20% chances of landing their hits.

d99a0Sy.pngmT83qLC.png

Lyn & Hector get themselves onto forts as well and each get a kill this turn. I'd love to see the enemies try killing Lyn now when they have single digit hit chances on her, heh.

tYCxybj.png6EPSW4l.png

Down south, Farina takes out the Luna jerk for a free Goddess Icon.

zjOxrx5.png

More murder time!

E9Hcb5v.pngjETvBKs.pngN2LS3Cy.png

Murder, murder, then WHY DID I DO THAT?!? Seriously, the southeastern team doesn't have a healer now (and won't for a majority of the chapter). This wasn't one of my finest chapters in terms of making good decisions.

myjck6q.png

Lucius begins chipping down the Berserker. I would not like to be dealing with that one up close and personal after all.

8XAnOx0.pngIrlluiY.png

Rebecca kills a Brigand in the southeast and picks up a free Halberd.

cnpDJ3U.png

Do I even need to mention what happens to this silly Wyvern Lord?

sNGuGkr.pngwGzLVti.png

I should mention that Berserkers have the vanilla Hawkeye animation using 1 range weapons. Pretty damn cool if you ask me. Too bad Lyn didn't get a good level for the crit kill.

p2s1YqI.png

That's more like it! Yes, more silly Wyvern Lords felt like suiciding into her Dragon Axe.

aLETqYo.png

Oh yes, there's a Wyvern Lord that appeared in the southwest and went after Geitz. He's not getting hit yet though and smacks his attacker twice to punish him.

GtW1kaQ.pngtKVhXvV.png

Finally, the Wyvern Lords get the idea to attack someone they actually have a more sensible chance hitting. Doesn't save them when Eliwood goes on a OHKO crit killing spree though.

T5qHnjY.pngJ9ntGbj.png

To boot, he gets at least three or more OHKO crits. Between him & Lyn, two thirds of the Wyvern Lord army fell like a ton of bricks due to counterkills.

Anyways, part 1 of the update is over with. Part 2 should be coming up soon.

Time to continue chapter 26.

[spoiler=Ch26 Part 2: To Kill Or Not To Kill II]gaGKn7z.png

Not much left up north besides a couple rogue Wyvern Lords with a few more incoming.

Gg9KYoO.png

Didn't believe me when I said this Berserker could one shot my sword users? Here's some screenshot proof. Serra obviously doesn't go through with this action.

7o9gqzx.png7u6Dswa.png

Lucius finishes off the Berserker and gets a decent level. The Berserker even drops his Swordslayer for my team's own use too.

QcMp6mg.png

Rebecca kills the Knight while Serra takes out the Nomad next to her there.

h4ZpekM.pngtfTLrtA.pngWR2Qj8A.png

Wil takes out Geitz's attacker with a critical and picks up a level.

qIBFDry.png

Geitz then visits the southwestern village. A free Hammerne staff is always good. He then uses his remaining movement to get out of range of all the enemies to his south.

KzdsPZ2.png

Sain continues using his Rescue staff and picks up a level. Right now, he has magic, speed, and defense capped so this is actually a good level with that in mind.

XGgf01G.pngsk0u8sg.png

Despite the odds, Canas is able to take out this Brigand. Not like he was any real threat to the southeastern team, but it still helps.

W3ctEsn.png

Eliwood murders and gets more resistance. That's his third point in five levels thus far.

ol3FzId.png

Well now, one of the Wyvern Lords went after Sain. He responds by critting and stealing back all the health he lost from the hit he took.

2u5fYPA.png

At least the Wyvern Lords are getting the smart idea to come with ranged weapons so that Lyn doesn't counterkill them. Still can't hit her worth a damn though.

2a7JtKo.png

Eliwood attacks a Wyvern Lord, but doesn't get a crit on either of his attacks.

k9sDpHa.pngfEgOoFU.png

Lyn on the other hand does get a critical. To boot, she's going to have an even higher crit rate thanks to getting S-Axes.

4zBtpb4.png

That's a Physic user Wil is about to take out. He hasn't been able to ply his annoying trade because I keep taking the Wyvern Lords from full health to nothing all the time, heh.

rAEqdSq.pngIidbYuU.png

Canas tried to get a crit with his Steel Sword on this Sage, but failed. With Ninian's help though, he's able to get closer and finish the Sage off to get a level that caps his speed.

mJrmgxH.pngoRJM8zF.png

And now trouble begins. Dart should have stayed down with the southeastern team to keep them healed up if nothing else.

Also, this Wyvern Lord has an Uber Spear. I'm not letting him use it, simple as that.

HhEY9ER.pngQmfBc0w.png

Go away, thank you.

tccKtND.png

Even the game is mocking me for my decision to send Dart up north.

oRnxtxL.png

Luna jerk reinforcements? Fantastic!

NCpvXLr.png5NOQthM.pngWR1VUJb.png

More Wyvern Lords getting themselves killed on my murder duo.

vdFzw0j.png

So, that other Wyvern Lord I didn't kill in the southeast? Axereaver jerk. That's why Louise tossed her axe into storage because she was likely going to be the target of that jerk's wrath.

WA0aY5C.pngG45Eimm.png

More reinforcements and we have another Luna jerk in the mix, but one with nearly capped magic.

JS7SzPN.pngXmmz0FK.png

Get. Out.

NIYT0Ai.png

I stand by the previous statement.

ViZQgPk.png

Thankfully, with a bit of help from Geitz, I'm able to shuttle Marcus down south to assist with healing.

bbrRqwN.png

Another potential Uber Spear user? You can go die too, thanks!

fRIFW6d.png

Well, this is probably going to end badly for someone, isn't it? Rebecca couldn't kill a Wyvern Lord with a crit and Lucius didn't do so here either. Hell, I think Rebecca whiffed on one of her attacks too.

3k78m8A.pngD4wZ1Cn.png

Luna users will get no mercy from me.

3abv51B.pngUuB42PM.png

Eliwood keeps racking up kills for himself and gets some much needed speed from a level.

DCoNaD8.png

Marcus gets bailed out. Not because I want him to, but because he would die in two Axereaver hits. Louise is on a peak though so she oughta be able to take two hits if it comes to that.

EDP0Waj.png

More Luna jerks! It never ends, does it?

bFbnYrE.png

Serra's first killshot dodge in what feels like forever.

4s5fPHR.png

Marcus is having no more of this long range attack hijinks from the enemy and just flat out dodges a hit.

IFMhEkO.pngmdlKpo9.png

A Wyvern Lord goes after Canas, but gets torn apart for his efforts, granting Canas a level with some defense.

LHYzx6n.png

With reinforcements all over and done with in the northwest, Eliwood gets brought to the south a little so I can send him east.

iTMjMKS.pngdHyJybT.png

Lucius finishes off an Axereaver jerk and picks up a level for himself.

dXDQWPj.pngj2827kG.png

Serra kills off the other Axereaver jerk and likewise gets a level.

IiiBkkh.pngEmGzEr1.png

More Luna users getting booted from the map.

HE55BB9.pngV4mAx73.png

So many whiffed shots on both sides this enemy phase. Stop drinking there people!

K3Wpube.png

Triple 0 get for Dart, heh.

KHO6dnL.png

That didn't miss though. It's not like I don't have too many healers up north to help her out though.

Part 2 of the update over with. This will be wrapped up in the next post.

Wrapping up chapter 26 now.

[spoiler=Ch26 Part 3: To Kill Or Not To Kill III]8BRZc9H.pngg5mXdsY.png

Rebecca is holding her ground pretty well against the enemies in the southwest. She even picks up a level killing off the only big threat to her life in that corner.

2ncGrJb.png

Lucius & Serra double team yet another Axereaver jerk that has appeared. Hopefully that Wyvern Lord doesn't kill anyone.

Xvd0w8v.pngtbcQHtn.png

With some help from Ninian, Marcus is able to get two of my most damaged units back up to full health.

qh82iRN.png126glmu.png

Eliwood's currently away from his supports, but that's not stopping him from pulling off OHKO crits.

nJ9u8Hg.png

Sain pulls Wil further east with more Rescue staff shenanigans. Why?

piHhau9.png

I don't know where you're going next turn there you silly Falcoknight.

pJNgfMF.png

However, I'm not about to find that out the hard way. Take an earth shattering kaboom and get out of here.

7aQCBK3.pngi4VIYXa.png

Canas may only be having ~50% odds of landing his Wyrmslayer hits, but he's doing an amazing job of making sure either both hits land or getting a critical and finishing the job in a single hit.

sIGAWie.pngKOT1xJ6.png

I've got a healer in reserve right now who can patch Farina if she take a hit dealing with this Wyvern Lord. She crits which is good.

l6i7WFd.png

One crit isn't enough for her though and she crits again on her second attack.

zzNyd5I.png

Dart heals up Farina.

PIxlyvv.pngtCcfPXw.png

That Wyvern Lord could have killed Rebecca if he won two lotteries in a row. That never happened and he got promptly picked off by a critical, granting Rebecca a good level.

fZ42TJU.png

Pent doesn't get criticaled to his doom, yay.

6o396sE.png

A combination of Geitz, Louise, and Ninian allows Wil to get on the other side of the mountains and help take out some of the more annoying enemies moving around down there. He doesn't critical this Wyvern Lord though.

xrrXhUx.pngXDQHmUt.png

Pent criticals his attacker from the last enemy phase though.

YsjemJJ.pngbLDtNyx.png

Lucius manages to have enough speed to double another Axereaver user, killing it off and claiming even more speed for himself.

rnifFvw.png

Need to kill that Wyvern Lord there. Luckily, Serra lands both hits to kill this Nomad off.

q2DK66h.pngym3xdCw.png

That allows Rebecca to run up and do a redundant critical to finish off the Wyvern Lord and get another good level for herself.

jxS1Ckq.png

Marcus heals up Pent, even though one critical on him will still end his life instantly.

rAoiRAJ.pngPyUzYvD.png

Sain is still putting his Rescue staff to good use, bringing Farina in range of the northeastern shops.

1EZnGRe.pngrspBTqX.pngym219KS.png

Speaking of the shops, the main pull of the weapon shop is Killer weapons in all varieties while some Elfire tomes are available in the other shop, among other things. Think I purchase an Elfire tome or two and that's it for purchases from this chapter.

kTzNlc6.png0u1PGS9.png

Fucks given by Rebecca: 0!

PNbqGvA.png

Pent fails to get criticaled once again, good.

MXacdQl.png

Sain brings Farina back towards the team. Reason?

cAmxRhF.png

Four newly spawned Wyvern Lords. I don't trust her evasion well enough for her to live through all four of their turns.

d9KcZcH.png

This guy doesn't care though. He OHKO crits the Wyvern Lord that attacked Pent last enemy phase.

HvJkHvP.png

Hello there strength cap!

T21JrsD.pngtoIRIL9.pngoGsoKXL.png

Rebecca continues to solo her corner extremely well. A shame about her level this time, but she's had two great levels already this map so it's not a big deal.

ltJtin6.pngGL4Q9Jq.png

Lucius is still keeping the Axereaver reinforcements in check, gaining a good level while doing so.

273RyD7.pngMbfwJ5q.png

Serra tries to finish off a Wyvern Lord that Wil weakened, but fails to land both hits. Pent, not wanting to risk death for a third turn in a row, decides to end the Wyvern Lord's life himself.

QqjpyFh.png

There was an Iron Lance Wyvern Lord in range of Rebecca. I think you can guess how that encounter ended.

OMIsDhf.png

Yikes! To explain what happened here, I was so unsure of Farina's chances of survival that I had Dart rescue her. Little did I know that one of the Wyvern Lords happened to be just fast enough to double Dart and kill him on an earlier attempt to pass this turn. Rewind powers though allowed him to survive this time.

zXFQV9n.pngMe8L1xb.pngXOzN9pM.png

More murder from Lucius & Serra, the latter getting a good level from her kill.

m3XX8jx.png4aTT8oW.png

The southwestern corner is pretty much secure as none of the enemies are going to get past the wall that is Rebecca & Wil.

CF5A0Mg.pngElhF4Os.png

Eliwood couldn't finish off a Wyvern Lord with his turn, but Hector was close enough to come in and finish the job for some always appreciated speed, among other things.

FnSkWNP.png

Wyvern Lord w/Iron Lance + Rebecca w/Dragon Axe = One dead Wyvern Lord.

TKiSV0K.png

Geitz is still refusing to be hit by 70%+ odds.

JtC5Txy.pngr3cvXV0.png

Last turn now so it's time to clean up what's still breathing on the map. Eliwood caps his defense with his last kill of the chapter.

OtwPjuC.pngNpI4ifE.png

Rebecca's last kill for the chapter caps her speed.

WaVA03u.pnglgEeApN.png

Not that this was ever needed, but Wil crit kills the final living enemy on the map.

Pbyg9Lv.pngnKkGNLN.png

You know you're the only one alive right now, correct? Every one of your allies got killed in this battle after all.

bFYTsup.png

Death Count: Oswin (1), Lowen (5), Bartre (1), Merlinus (1), Dart (2), Sain (1), Pent (1), Hawkeye (1)

Next time: Legendary weapons finally!

[spoiler=Growths & Comments (Pent, Louise)]

Pent's growths:

Hp: 40% Luk: 0%

Str: 20% Def: 55%

Skl: 50% Res: 20%

Spd: 50%

Pent's bases go a long way to keeping him useful. His strength and resistance growths are awful, but the former can be fixed with a couple Energy Rings if you wish. He could be useful for the endgame due to being able to wield the Rapier & Durandal, but then you might have to use Louise as well if you want to make full use of his support bonuses.

Louise's growths:

Hp: 60% Luk: 0%

Str: 55% Def: 20%

Skl: 60% Res: 50%

Spd: 40%

Louise fares a bit better than Pent in the growths department. Only defense is really low. Everything else is 40% or greater. Of course, her forced A support with Pent means he needs to be employed as well if you really care about support bonuses with her.

Might as well throw up another update I have lying around here.

[spoiler=Ch27 Part 1: EXPonential Growth - K I]3c59Vxl.png

Considering the word replacements, you could take this at face value as Nino flipping her lid because her own mother is making her do something.

Pk9iXjU.png9XWEzKs.pngxdhKk3C.png

Anyways, let's check out the chapter. Spread around the map are these three enemies with the Captain affilate. After a few turns, a reinforcement appears that can be recruited to your army. Exactly whom that is depends on how many of the Captain enemies are dead. The one I want requires at least two of them dead, a task Wil, Farina, and even Lucius can accomplish easily with their Axereavers.

As for stealables...that Sniper in the pictures above?

S3BToyw.png

Ballista, big whoop. He's got a goddamned Stimulant. You damn well better believe I'm going to steal that above everything else.

kLahxSk.pngVbvV4C6.pngRXPxcnq.pngL4UiU73.png7XxFhL5.png9OZreNz.png

Rest of the stealables. That'll be a nice chunk of gold if I can steal all three of those items.

5T7HNkA.png

I do need to go north to meet up with the reinforcement I'm to recruit in a few turns. In the meantime, Wil attacks the Dragoon in the western building, but somehow doesn't get a single critical.

0QYuTbQ.png1BymJ5z.pngpcvnNqG.png

Luckily, after Serra kills a Myrmidon, Lucius is able to finish off the Dragoon and picks up a level in the process. The Dragoon even drops some Speedwings for the storage pile.

4IMcofj.png

An extra turn provided by Ninian allows Wil to move up a little and delete a Knight from the map.

qaxdQZC.pnged0rgAl.png

This Archer in the eastern building has a ballista weapon on him. Farina will have none of his potential long range shenanigans and promptly criticals him to death.

tui4fqR.pngJPeflM5.png

This bad level brought to you by the idiot Devil Axe jerk that hit Serra on 20% odds.

oBDgnvs.png

A Sage felt like attacking Dart. Too bad for him that Dart doubled and killed him off thanks to the first hit critting.

XbX5JRc.png

More 0/0/0 highlights!

9itwwnr.png

Wil moves further forward and deletes one of the Wyvern Riders in the north.

1edC0Q2.pngLLgri0a.png

Rescue is so insanely useful for the first few turns here. It allows Sain to bring someone who hasn't used their turn forward and allow them to cover more ground then they would in this snow otherwise. This seems like a bad level, but all he can get right now is hp or resistance.

qkEFNrW.pngnbZm9at.png3fk9OI6.png

Lots of staff usage, terrible levels, etc.

9RWmJ19.pngtV75Ote.png

Farina starts chipping down a Wyvern Lord in the east while Serra finishes off the last enemy in the first building.

Zx94wJ3.png

That was never going to sting if it connected.

iZWTlo1.png

That would have though.

BbMQUBs.pngSHhckzc.png

From terrible levels to slightly less terrible, but that's the second Captain enemy killed so I'm good to go for the recruitable unit later.

B7aUcUp.pngFcUsHxA.png

Lucius helps out Farina with chipping down the flock of wyverns coming in from the east. He crits this Wyvern Lord and gets him to drop a Silver Sword for the storage pile.

XGfVlCO.pngAcUnXVM.png

Wil moves over to the west a bit and nukes an incoming Berserker. Wil moving allows Canas to take his spot and lift the Delphi Shield off of a Wyvern Lord.

h246zmY.png

Hector immediately capitalizes on the Wyvern Lord's weakness to bows by OHKO critting it in the face.

PxdYoH1.png8WaYYQC.png

Sain promptly redundant critical hits a Myrmidon, but he's got Nosferatu equipped so he can tank the incoming enemies from the eastern building.

cxZIcfr.png

Eliwood is still pulling criticals off left & right.

k6vEeqj.png

Of course, equipping Nosferatu to tank incoming enemies hinges on the fact said enemies can actually land their blows.

hZroV91.png0EJZ32t.png

Those hits were never going to be of any concern damage wise.

zAQJM7H.pngY13PpJK.png

That would have hurt if it connected, but sadly for the Wyvern Rider, Farina can double him and her first hit is a critical.

0qoUCHd.pngqIZd77K.png

Even if this Wyvern Lord could potentially ORKO Farina, he was on 7 hp and easily brought down by her. At least her singular non-hp stat is in something that you can never have too much of.

Xpbrz8w.png

You missed nothing for the rest of that turn and following enemy phase. I'm waiting for my recruitable unit to arrive.

MB8e9gL.png

There he is!

kLbo0sj.png

Now, as you can probably tell, Karel would get murdered if left where he is. Thankfully I can have Sain use the Rescue staff and bring him to a safer position.

3ZF860N.png

Cute.

8GpWtIG.png

Bringing Karel back to safety places him right next to Lyn who can recruit him. If Hector's nearby, he too can recruit him.

M7Xw3yR.pngeRg5XXW.pngqPufKk2.png

Karel's a pretty interesting Paladin due to having very high resistance. Not too shabby offensively either.

As for his growths, his defenses aren't very likely to increase and his strength growth is a bit weak, but otherwise he's solid across the board.

If all that wasn't enough to recruit him, the fact he joins with another Iron Rune is certainly an enticing reason to pick him up. Being able to support with Lucius isn't bad either.

Now, should you have only killed one Captain before the recruitable appears, you'll get Harken. He comes in as a Sage and is just as enticing an option as Karel since he comes with a free Fimbulvetr tome & Fortify staff. I'll talk about his stats & growths later.

j94e4L8.pngbtqPOjF.pngUwuwdol.png

For now, Eliwood & Canas nuke the nearest enemy each can find. Canas picks up a good level simply because the only other stat he could have gotten here was defense.

DIIN8FQ.png

On the next enemy phase, another Berserker tries to attack Eliwood, but only gets a critical in the face for his troubles.

g8Hye1a.png

Lots of Devil Axe users in this swarm of attackers, but the Berserkers are most deadly with it. They almost certainly have more than 20 attack, meaning if they crit, you'll have a dead unit on your hands if the reversal doesn't kick in.

78JtUrc.png

Two more Devil Axe users attacked Eliwood, but he dodged both hits and critted them back. Still no luck with my levels though.

u47RS2z.png

I can apparently have luck with dodging an OHKO because I'm awesome at checking weapon ranges before an enemy phase begins though.

LyFMgFl.png

WILL SOMEONE PLEASE GET A DECENT LEVEL BESIDES FARINA?!?

FA1ZYBP.pngVZAMnuY.png

Assassins with Lockpicks going for a treasure room in the eastern building. Wil makes one of them think twice about their action while Eliwood finishes off a Paladin he weakened earlier.

lDBQzc8.png

Dart heals up Sain, just in case.

rzTo1KN.png

Oh, enemies trying to attack from behind? Too bad I have a rearguard waiting to engage them.

3vhOsJl.png

Assuming people, you know, learn how to get levels in this chapter so they can better do rearguard duties.

sOR12Tm.png

Another Assassin gets dropped by Wil thanks to an extra turn provided by Ninian.

3FqQvKw.png

As the next turn begins, Sain nukes a silly Hero that got too close and picks up a spare Steel Sword for the pile.

As for why I didn't mention the previous enemy phase? No frontliners got hit and counterkills occurred as well. That's it.

LGoemsO.png

Seeing as though Serra & Lucius can handle the southwestern reinforcements on their own, Sain brings Canas back up north. He's got some important work to do up there.

FwDnano.png

Namely, invade the northwestern building on his own. The Sniper with the Stimulant will not move while he still has his ballista on him, giving Canas more than enough time to counterkill the Archer squad so he can steal in relative peace.

0ZA1rSc.pngjcMoRCF.png

Hector wraps part 1 of this update up by attacking a Paladin. He doesn't crit, but on the plus side, he does know how to get a level that's actually quite decent.

Part 2 will wrap this chapter up and it oughta be posted shortly after this one.

Wrapping up chapter 27 now.

[spoiler=Ch27 Part 2: EXPonential Growth - K II]6KiDq1k.png

Eliwood attacks a Paladin here, but fails to crit sadly.

GjEWt56.png

Rebecca doesn't need any kind of critical to kill the other Paladin though.

gWObLdc.png

This Archer is so screwed.

gBePCgt.png

No really, he's so very screwed. Death by melee crit, something Wil hasn't done in awhile.

98xQ8b1.png

Meanwhile, down south, Lucius keeps the Valkyrie reinforcements shut down and gets a great level. About damn time someone managed a solid level like that.

4Wb7g9J.png

Well, this is going to hurt...

OD4eHXM.png

For the Paladin that is!

bswJlIv.png

The Archer group in the northwest cleans themselves out by suiciding into Canas who gets a perfect level despite having three capped stats.

iYJdnGX.png

Fun fact: The Mani Katti does effective damage to Dragoons. I would presume the Rapier does as well. Not that Wil cares because his evasion is sky high right now.

81yyxLF.png6gihHCk.png

Misses, misses, more misses!

xJmH2tk.png

Finally! Now I just need to get the person I want to use it on up to Canas.

ycrH8NT.pngWzjVUhe.png

Considering what I'm going to have Eliwood potentially doing next chapter, I'd like to get him to lv20 before this chapter is over with. As such, he gets the second Stimulant so that he has good odds of getting his speed & resistance up.

73DwczD.png

Serra's still stuck in the land of gaining bad levels sadly.

Ut8FbZR.png

Not a good day for this Archer that attacked Hector, is it?

7Occ94E.png

4% hit odds with a weapon type advantage. I think it's time for that Hero to reconsider his job.

mjZ09ap.png

Getting Ninian to the northwest so she can give Eliwood another turn after he's done nuking the Sniper.

EFryAn5.pngcTXE3M1.png

Speaking of nuking, Eliwood OHKO crits the Sniper and gets a level. Still better than two thirds of the levels I've gotten in this chapter so far.

MVTn5Ue.png

With his extra Ninian-provided turn, Eliwood nukes an Assassin.

ZgVBzen.png

More Archers making silly decisions to attack Hector.

wKAsZT4.png

Another dead enemy. On the next turn, Eliwood should be able to reach the Assassin and kill him since he'll almost certainly open the door to his south.

GO4cTgu.png

Nevermind, he's not going to get the kill this turn.

GsKapFa.png

In the meantime, you can go ahead and die now dear Sleep using jerk. Also, thanks for dropping said staff for me. You're so thoughtful!

wiKLsqv.png

Assassin has now opened the door to the treasure room. That's all I'm going to allow him to help me with so he gets taken out now.

96pc6Ff.png

You have got to have the world's worst aim if you can't hit a sleeping person, not going to lie.

v4P08DX.png

Since I don't have my Restore staff on hand and I want Eliwood to kill this Hero, I'm waiting a few turns until he wakes up. In the meantime, Canas steals his Earth Seal.

T7DXm2k.png

Eliwood has woken up having taken all of one hit from the Hero on the turn right before he wakes up. Since I had nothing better to do with his last support slot, I had him pair up with Ninian.

riRAxBt.pngarft26h.png

Eliwood crits & kills the very silly Hero that was attacking him before.

oRKEV5S.png

Oh joy, someone attacked Canas from long range. Whatever will I do besides send Eliwood to murder him?

wsc9ila.png

Canas gets to looting the treasure room and...wait, Armads? The S-rank axe that you usually don't get until the endgame? Sweet!

Acy8tJQ.png

Those are certainly some high stats, aren't they? Legendary weapons like this are distinguished from run-of-the-mill type weapons by having stat boosts fitting for a weapon of the ages. For Armads, it grants +30 hp, +15 str, +10 skl, and +25 def. Awesome, but of course, only 15 uses means it's something you really only want to break out against other legendary weapons or in very dire situations.

The catch? Only Rath and one future party member can use this weapon.

S5acz8J.pngkSOIEwJ.png

As for Durandal, its stat boosts are +20 hp, +5 str, +15 skl, +15 spd, and +30 res. Lucius is a magic tanking machine with this equipped.

Also, if you couldn't tell by the hp boost, you can abuse this to gain staff experience if you want. Simply equip Lucius with the Durandal, have someone heal him, then have him equip another weapon and exit out the menu completely, enough that you can see that his hp has reverted to its normal value. Rinse & repeat with this method until you're satisfied.

gxsmCBB.png8X1CTSA.pngRxIXdu4.png

Sol Katti's stat boosts are +25 spd, +25 luk, +15 def, and +15 res. Serra turns into a dodging queen with this equipped. That 146 avoid is without her sitting on a forest and in range of Sain for a support bonus boost. She is in range of Lucius though.

bJ4OgbR.png

Speaking of Sain, his last two levels were both empty. Lovely.

XSvLRHq.png

See all those enemies there? Despite having an open door to the north for several turns, they have refused to move north and go through it. As such, Eliwood is just going to sit here with his supports in range and nuke every last one of them.

qm7X8tq.pngiAxwIar.pngGgDp9qX.png

As Eliwood proves here, the Stimulant does indeed increase your luck growth as he triggers a 20% growth twice over three levels. He also capped magic during this killing spree.

G246Zal.png

At this point, I'm having Eliwood nuke every last enemy on the map to get him more levels.

2sIRNTe.png

Dart does some healing as Lucius keeps on removing & equipping Durandal. Once he hits S-Staves (which will be very soon), he can start spamming Rescue and get himself the rest of the way to lv20.

3ZhiS9i.png

Gotta remember to steal this.

c044jff.png

There's a very good reason why I'm having Sain get Canas the hell out of the way there and it's not because of the Swordmaster.

4pcDbIe.png

More speed for Eliwood and more precious resistance.

5lUdfVp.pngHmeFlPL.png

There's a couple stragglers left in the eastern building aside from the boss. Eliwood goes and nukes them quickly.

W8dkzjv.pngZDKuZS4.png

As for the boss, Kenneth...he's using a top tier Light tome, Luce.

TlGZAt7.png

Besides the weapon's stats, Luce confers boosts of +30 hp, +15 mag, +20 skl, and +10 spd. More importantly, take a look at its range and you'll know why I got Canas out of there so quickly.

As for dealing with Kenneth, there's two ways to go about it. First is to send a high resistance unit with the Iron Rune to fight him, healing the attacker from afar with Physic.

The second way?

D4Ing1i.png

Equip Lucius (or even Pent) with the Durandal and make Kenneth waste all 15 charges of Luce. If neither one has the resistance to completely cancel out the damage, simply equip either one with an Iron Rune, leave them just barely in range of Luce, and have someone else play healer until his tome is spent.

O44Reim.png

Of course, even before I sent Lucius against him to start draining those weapon uses, I put Rescue to good use by having Canas swipe both the Iron Rune and the Elixirs, bringing him back to safety between each steal.

Now, this I didn't know at the time of doing this run, but there is a way to get him to drop Luce. Steal the Iron Rune, then chip him down below half health so he'll use an Elixir. Do this three times and his Elixir will be gone, but the droppable flag will transfer to Luce. Very clever idea and I have to thank elf_01 for telling me of this trick. I sure wouldn't have thought of it, heh.

RKlK2Qb.png

For now though, S-Staves for Dart. You know what that means!

eUYWJWK.pngbcnrWDX.pngJ1eurcS.pngiQiiqHk.pngL3pG2Gf.pnghzmJEaJ.pngYSlTjUs.pngVPFwfQw.png

Dart's hp spiked upwards and he even picked up some luck along the way. Having at least two S-Staves users oughta help immensely for the next chapter.

6l9F1PA.png

Lucius sets up a support with Karel. Not like he's got any other viable options at this point anyways.

vcIOTAw.pngH7fJY1G.pngXmGu1D4.png

oRJUBpG.png

Eliwood does some healing work and finishes his last two levels on abusing Kenneth a bit after Luce has been broken.

srUeAQu.png

Oh really? Well, I guess that explains the title of the next chapter then.

3Xny5Oz.png

I can tell that this is going to end well already, heh.

Death Count: Oswin (1), Lowen (5), Bartre (1), Merlinus (1), Dart (2), Sain (1), Pent (1), Hawkeye (1)

Next time: My Warp staves start getting some use.

[spoiler=Growths & Comments (Karel, Harken)]

Karel's growths:

Hp: 70% Luk: 0%

Str: 30% Def: 10%

Skl: 50% Res: 15%

Spd: 50%

Karel's got some good bases to work off of, allowing him to tank magic attacks pretty well while having high enough offensive stats to keep himself relevant for how late in the game he appears. Just don't expect his defenses to grow very quickly, if at all, with his growths there.

Harken's stats & growths:

Lv9 Sage

Hp: 30 (80%) Luk: 6 (0%)

Mag: 23 (45%) Def: 15 (30%)

Skl: 20 (30%) Res: 20 (25%)

Spd 19 (50%)

Characters like Raven or Isadora all have great prospects as Sages, but need levels to get to that point. Harken is your safe bet if you just want a useable Sage right out of the gate as he's got quite acceptable growths and bases. Only his starting hp level is bad, but one Angelic Robe will fix that right up. Also, if you don't have plans for him in your final party, he does come with a free Fimbulvetr tome & Fortify staff.

Edited by LunaticScreamer

O44Reim.png

One interesting tidbit: Kenneth drops his last item (Elixir), but if you steal both his stealables, Luce does not become droppable. However, if you steal the Iron rune, then make him use up all 3 of his elixirs by chipping him below half health, you can get his Luce!

Edited by elf_01

One interesting tidbit: Kenneth drops his last item (Elixir), but if you steal both his stealables, Luce does not become droppable. However, if you steal the Iron rune, then make him use up all 3 of his elixirs by chipping him below half health, you can get his Luce!

Well now, that is very very useful to know. I'm going to go edit that into my remarks about him right now and give you credit for telling me that. Thanks for the tip!

98xQ8b1.png

Meanwhile, down south, Lucius keeps the Valkyrie reinforcements shut down and gets a great level. About damn time someone managed a solid level like that.

LITL: Leave It To Lucius.

Incidentally, I also put the Stimulant on that chapter so that if you wanted, you could give it right to Harken/Karel and they would be much better out of the gate. The biggest benefit of choosing Harken though is that he has not just T2 levels, but also T3 levels, so not only is he more likely to cap all his stats, he also has staff and T3 access. Honestly he's a way better choice, but I do like me to have a RES monster paladin.

Alrighty, time for tonight's update!

[spoiler=Ch28 Part 1: Death Dealt in Darkness I]6yiVOZI.png

The fate of the "How to out-stupid fellow Bern family members" show hinges on your mission girl!

X7s0VMo.pngtyNiTKS.pngpM3qN4V.png

First order of business...the Ultimate Seal finally gets used. Was originally going to toss it Eliwood's way, but due to a weapon I'm going to get almost immediately, Dart got it since he'll be able to use it right away.

Anyways, the Patriarch class brings the usual stat boosts & increased caps as well as lots of weapon experience. Dart already has S-Light and S-Staves, but he's now at B-Dark as well. I'll have to let him run wild with Dark tomes next chapter so he can go for S-Dark.

One last thing...Patriarchs, since they don't get a personal tome like the other T3 classes do, get a +25% boost to their crit rate. Considering Dart is handling Light tomes with good crit rates already, this turns him into a meat grinder to which all mortal enemies shall suicide into.

RFXaoK1.png

Thank god for that promotion because I'll need it here. Chapter 28 is not an easy chapter, especially with all the tasks you'll have to do.

At a bare minimum, your task is to ensure Zephiel does not die. I hope you brought either the Rescue staff or a Warp staff as you're not likely completing this chapter successfully otherwise.

Of course, there's lots more to do besides keeping Zephiel's ass alive. I'll get to those things as they pop up.

2m2hdjq.pngbm6OpyQ.png

Over to the east, there's four promoted enemies, all with some kind of useful item for the pile. This Swordmaster has an Iron Rune which you'll need to steal. I could have Canas fly over here right away with help from Ninian, but I need her to do something else this turn. I'll just need to make sure nobody can counterattack the Swordmaster before during the first enemy phase.

pZCBC2X.pngdB8DhQE.png

For now though, this Hero has to die instantly. Wil gets the needed crit on his second hit.

KerInyU.png

Two words describe this weapon once this weapon goes to storage and Merlinus can move close enough to Dart so he can grab it from there:

qspRKPA.pngfoVNaGB.png

Pure. Carnage.

While Luce is more critty and has slightly longer range (1-4), Aureola is the pure power alternative for Light magic users, providing +30 hp, +20 mag, +10 def, and +20 res. Fairly heavy, but Dart's insane con means he can use it with no penalties whatsoever.

More importantly, most S-rank endgame caliber weapons have 15 uses. Aureola has 30. Pretty damn awesome.

jEehC06.png

This is even more awesome. With Aureola or any similar magic boosting legendary weapon equipped, the range of staves like Torch, Physic, or status staves increases dramatically.

Tt3y3Rj.pngHu3ZTjM.png

Of course, that's not where he aimed the Torch shot at. He fires it off to the west, revealing a Sorceror that Farina kills to bag a free Angelic Robe for storage.

9I0VT9K.pngPTLTPMA.pngYzmXt9w.png

Also, lighting up the area revealed one of two bosses, Maxime. He's holding the S-rank spear, Rex Hasta. Extremely accurate which only gets further enhanced by the stat bonuses (+30 hp, +30 skl, +20 def). Put simply, you are not likely dodging his hit unless some otherworldly forces invade.

ZxVSdoe.pngIZMFYYa.png

Continuing to break down the guards in the east is Lucius. Killing this Warrior nets a second Rescue staff which is sent immediately to storage.

JpJHPF9.pngj7bBF5C.png

Ninian gives an extra turn to, of all people, Merlinus (Oh yeah, he's promoted now which I failed to mention earlier). He moves to the west, then Sain goes up to him and grabs the newly acquired Rescue staff from storage and brings Wil over to the west. He'll be going through the western door along with Rebecca, Farina, Dart, and Sain, the latter two still having some important work to do next turn before they move further west.

8ZLAYBK.pngSQhiDu9.png

Canas moves east and attacks the other Hero, getting a critical and killing him off. No stats, but more importantly, the Hero drops an Earth Seal. That's another 5k gold for the war chest when I can sell it off.

dYVQSOv.png

Time to explain one of the optional tasks I'm going to be dealing with. Nino here is in the southeast and getting attacked right away. Assuming a random bullshit hit & critical doesn't occur, she'll survive which is good because she is recruitable and will satisfy one half of the requirement to unlock the gaiden chapter.

LdSenZl.png

Cloaking skills do not help when a spear has heat seeking sensors and can detect anyone in a three mile radius.

R8zfti2.png

This Swordmaster did not have heat seeking sensors attached to his sword, thusly he misses his attack attempt on Lyn.

pus9sT2.png

As the next turn begins, Dart utilizes his insane Rescue staff range with Aureola equipped and brings Nino in range of the team.

Also, take note of Zephiel there. He attacked the Soldier with an S-rank sword, Regal Blade. Has 10 mt, 95 hit, 20 crit, 10 wt, and 15 uses to go along with its 1-4 range. It also grants stat boosts of +25 hp, +20 skl, +20 spd, and +20 luk while equipped. Something to keep an eye out for when it pops up on an enemy later on.

7urxcNy.png

With Nino in a more safe environment, Hector has a chat with her and she joins the team.

NKGR7Vr.pngX9l7x8J.png3q3NDfG.png

Nino, put simply, is amazing. Her bases are solid aside from hp & resistance (14 luck too!) and her growths are batshit insane. She'll get at least +1 in every stat aside from luck with some additional chances of getting a bonus +1. The best odds of that occurring go to her hp, strength, and defense.

Supports? Screw that! Nino is perfectly capable of holding her own and contributing to a fight when she gains some levels.

Now, she does have one weakness, but one that really hasn't been a problem until now...sacred weapon weaknesses. Basically, any weapons that's are either S-rank or endgame caliber personal weapons fall into this category.

Regardless if she'll be used or not, Nino has a job to do later on. I'll explain when the time is right.

rlC3s2D.png

Since I don't believe I showed it off before, here's the Runesword's stats.

JOISmGl.pngP9q0L9d.png

With an extra turn from Ninian, Dart uses his Rescue staff to bring Zephiel to safety. Merlinus then rescues him so the jerk doesn't run off to wherever and get himself killed.

P4rSown.png

Another Iron Rune for the pile, sweet.

SHWq96F.pngj6TM6oP.pngYFDRbKo.png

Lyn then comes over and uses her Brave Axe to get a crit & normal hit, killing the Swordmaster and getting a good level in the process.

wkQSjq2.pngg3WF5xI.png

With some more Rescue staff abuse, Wil is able to get into range of an Archer on the west side and delete it from the board.

OuI7fyf.png

So much for the "Fuck your Swordmasters LOL" axe, heh. That's just how good the Sol Katti's boosts to speed & luck are.

nK7pfJw.pngqDy8zYK.png

On the next turn, Farina manages to get a crit and take out a Paladin. The level is clearly a karmic counterbalance to Lyn's level up though.

GAlPdKi.pngZcU4r2D.pngckukMdQ.png

God I love Rescue staves.

da61iNM.png

Eliwood has the Unlock staff on hand and uses it to open a door in the east.

lbQrLzX.png74YOFCb.png

Hector breaks out his Brave Bow and drops the Swordslayer Berserker easily. Nothing wrong with him gaining more defense.

MH1vDj5.png

Lucius goes through the opened door and kills this General, but he takes a hit in the process.

oLxvWoW.png

Serra's still a dodging queen with Sol Katti equipped.

2GFJejC.png

So is Lucius and...oh my, that Bishop is about to die.

CRRt0JO.png

Hello speed cap!

XOcZ9Fw.png

Physic jerk at work healing...the Soldier that Zephiel attacked. Clearly a good choice, isn't it?

Also, this Sorceror has Gespenst, the S-rank Dark tome. It has 15 uses, 30 mt, 65 hit, 5 crit, and 30 wt, making it the heaviest weapon in the game. While equipped, it confers stat bonuses of +30 hp, +15 mag, +15 skl, and +25 res. Basically, this Sorceror, while not programmed to move, will have a huge range on where he wants to aim his Physic staff at.

Q5ew8dY.png

More Rescue staff shenanigans gets Dart a solid level up. Also, that's Maxime in the picture there and I'm going to try luring him over to Dart's team for them to kill.

nGyalBY.pngwcTW992.pngouFri5s.png

Assassins have been spawning from a staircase for the last turn or so, but they're not getting far before being nuked. Rebecca picks up a level from her Assassin kill.

CBVvApv.png

Nino gets her first kill dropping a Bishop. She has an Iron Rune in her inventory to keep the threat of criticals away from her.

uCARwSh.png

Another enemy falls, this time to Serra. Eliwood runs up to Nino and uses his Mend staff to patch her up after the hit she took while taking down the Bishop.

czwG9UM.png

0% hit odds from this enemy and the next one as well.

WKujch5.png

Oh yes, Jaffar is in this chapter. Luckily he's well equipped, having three Uber Spears plus a pack of Elixirs in his inventory.

Now, to gain access to the gaiden chapter, Nino needs to talk with Jaffar and he needs to survive until the end of the map. Not that hard to do, given he never moves from his spot, only attacking when there's anyone in a 1-2 range around him.

Also, I do believe he killed an enemy with a potential Warp staff drop. Not sure if I could have Dart bring Jaffar out of range of enemies, but regardless, I normally use one of my Warp staves to send someone to the throne room. Regardless, I still have a healthy amount of Warp staves to use for a future chapter.

bvuwyEY.png

Good thing Dart had Aureola equipped since that hit he took from Maxime went critical. Could have been near fatal otherwise.

wDTrjMb.pngO5W0XDe.png

Wil completely shames Maxime by getting a double critical, taking the Paladin from full health to nothing.

Q2F5VYR.png

Farina does some random sniping of incoming enemies from the southwest.

AfLnfFG.png

Another Iron Rune? That's just fine by me!

RklUmkm.pngA0eDIE6.png

You're just a bag of surprises, aren't you?

5M9Eolv.pngBA7kcOl.png

Nino & Eliwood clean up a couple wandering enemies on the east side.

wbpqMgg.png4f7BmOA.png

Down in the southwest, there's a couple Sorcerors who are a bit confused about their intended path in life.

zgWDgPR.pngQH6Fmgk.pngrqMfAUo.png

Still, they have Eclipse with plenty of enemies in range so Farina & Wil take them out with the latter picking up a level from the kill.

YOYVQHL.png

Sain heals up Dart since I intend to send him down south with Aureola in hand to start nuking enemies there.

Oh yeah, I should have Dart light up the eastern half of the map. There's an enemy there with an item I really want. Shouldn't be a problem, right?

6V5JvlF.png

Well, that Warrior has a stealable Stimulant, that's good.

FKv0J8O.png9cFRSwJ.pngAvISZoB.png

This though is a different story. The Blade Lord is very evasive while the other two hit like freight trains. Going to need to deal with them before I start going west.

Also, I don't think I need to explain why I wanted Zephiel & Nino rescued. They would have gotten obliterated otherwise.

jT4dLob.png

Lucius equips Durandal and gets patched up by Eliwood. He's going to be my approach to dealing with the lord trio next turn.

That's part 1 of the update finished. Part 2 will wrap up the chapter and it'll come tomorrow.

Time to wrap up chapter 28.

[spoiler=Ch28 Part 2: Death Dealt in Darkness II]qxXNv1J.pngcjWsKcz.png

Rebecca stayed behind the rest of the western team to deal with reinforcements coming from the stairs. So long as her strength keeps going up here, I'll be happy.

9NnABWC.png

Three whole points of damage. Big whoop. Of course, Eliwood manages to miss one of his two counterattacks. Classy.

wsJk1Y7.pngq0B093y.png

Even enemies without legendary weapons can't be underestimated at this point.

pgYzgaF.png

Luna jerk? Luna jerk.

2Hdwep9.png

Perfect job Eliwood. Thanks to your screw up, your attacker gets healed.

IYtabwd.png

Probably should have sent him in with an Iron Rune. Then again, the Knight Lord wasn't using Durandal correctly.

L6aM12d.pngTzhhF9C.png

Lucius shows the Knight Lord the proper way to use Durandal and gets a level along with the fallen enemy's Secret Book.

GmsFzkc.pnghidV5H8.png

Eliwood pulls off a crit to take out the Great Lord and claim his Body Ring.

8Y4NbId.png

Lucius goes on another Durandal rampage, but thank god he was at full health when this happened. At least both of his hits connected, getting a Red Gem for his troubles.

U6jxQAs.png

Serra moves south with her Sol Katti equipped. There's a reason for this.

znO4sfJ.pngvzLZVgK.png

She's in range of the real boss of this chapter, Ursula. Notable for her S-rank tome, Excalibur, providing her with stat boosts of +25 hp, +15 mag, +15 skl, +15 spd, and +15 luk. Due to its weight, she's at an effective 32 speed. Still high enough that she can double several of my units. Luckily, the Sol Katti makes Serra hard to hit and impossible to be doubled. If the evasion fails, her resistance will allow her to tank the hit.

While it seems like Ursula doesn't move, she can if one of two things happens. First, if it's around turn 13 or so, she'll move and wipe Nino out if you somehow haven't reached her by then. Probably not going to happen unless you find a way to orchestrate it.

The second exception is the one that's going to get someone killed unexpectedly...leaving her on low hp. If that happens, she starts moving. Sure, a Sorceror or someone else could Physic her, but bosses more often than not move first.

85b6ww5.pngArUbKgb.png

Hector makes damn sure this healed up Mercenary doesn't get a second chance to be healed again.

iOLfsiZ.pngoyhXyAd.png

The western team gets to a little house cleaning.

vy4vyUL.png

Sometimes, the house cleaning comes with an OHKO critical for kicks.

xxJNORQ.pngFXt8nIY.png

Dart even gets in on the murder going on, picking up a good level for himself.

vr7SYUz.png

I don't know Ursula, but I'll ask Serra for you.

Gg7piSI.png

She says no, but thanks for asking!

3R7k9VA.pngwsrUTxa.png

Enough enemies crash into Dart this enemy phase to give him two levels. Surprise luck increase is always nice.

c8yhvw7.png1xnvAPg.pngvDyv1AF.png

Other enemies either fail to hit, fail to do any damage, or get themselves killed off.

mnbckjE.png

Rebecca is still on staircase watching duty. More strength!

HiphmAm.png

With Lucius in range, Serra attacks Ursula. One crit is all she needs to kill her, but even then, Serra can take a hit from her as can Lucius who's wielding Durandal still for the resistance boost.

PkKgjSw.png

Luckily, Serra gets the crit she needs on her second attack and takes out Ursula. Also, all reinforcements stop coming thanks to her death so cleaning up should be easy now.

Finally, I never knew Ursula could move on low hp until after I had completed this chapter so, in reality, I got extremely lucky to kill Ursula in one round. If she was low on hp, she would have killed someone in the back most likely.

K3vAde7.png

There's another Stimulant to be given out before the next chapter, yay.

HY4pRJT.png

The Warrior can die now. Eliwood does so with a critical.

o6B9keY.pngz4iHT81.png

Nino gets some help from Ninian in taking down a Mercenary. Her level shouldn't come as a surprise, but she gets +2s in two important stats which is great.

5xN56BY.png

Wil gets to looting the western treasure room. More Goddess Icons!

spt6HVF.pngXcRrESf.png

More murder in the west as per usual.

muKdoes.png

Some murder comes with ensuring your next strike hits that much harder thanks to a level.

KCbQe0e.png2F8RIuG.png

Dart continues to bring down holy judgement on enemies. He picks up hp & magic caps from his level.

gBzl89q.png

More failures from the Luna jerk to hit Dart.

PwrpxpL.png

More enemies suiciding into him too for more levels. That always helps.

lUx7UWE.png

Oh hey, Serra actually got some stats this time. Good job!

Rshbnwc.png

One more enemy goes down. Also, that Sorceror to Lucius & Serra's southwest has a Red Gem to steal. I'll have Canas run down here and snag it after he raids the eastern treasure room.

EgzsOuK.png

Another Fortify staff? Works for me!

QQ7z9vN.png

Sain brings Wil back south where he'll be more useful.

b0S42Z3.pngC2cWVxm.png

Farina pokes a Knight from long range while Dart throws a long range heal over to Wil since he's now in range of the Luna jerk.

K28OQhe.png

The Luna jerk then decides that Sain would be a good target of his wrath, but Sain's having none of that crap.

5OjpEma.png

Sure, go ahead and heal him. He's just going to die next turn anyways.

OSUenHo.pngUmF811Z.png

This is why I haven't bothered to kill him yet. Canas can steal another Earth Seal that'll I'll sell off later.

s8w4Uio.pnga31jch6.png

However, the Swordmaster to the Luna jerk's southwest has something I really want. Canas could steal it, given he's at 30 speed, but I'm going to kill him just because. Tons of avoid though so it may not be easy.

MpeLyht.png

Not many enemies left now, is there?

q6jhP1C.png

Canas begins looting the eastern treasure room.

pdEVBWi.png

So much for healing that Knight, heh.

Myo8Qc9.png

Lovely hit odds there. Still, if you have an Iron Rune or two, you can intentionally attack him and get him to waste all 15 uses of his Regal Blade if you don't want to burn legendary uses.

lmUD1yq.png

Congrats on taking Sain down to 6 hp. Too bad that was the last use of your Luna tome though.

eEqiWq1.pngOSxBEhi.png

Another Hammerne staff is good. With some crazy rescue & drop shenanigans, Ninian gives another turn to Canas so he can move closer to the Red Gem holding Sorceror to the southeast. He'll be able to swipe it next turn.

uEUCqw1.pngOiL0bAG.pngbGiDarV.png

I was having Dart drain the uses of the Regal Blade Swordmaster while having Aureola equipped for some silly reason. I then realized that, hey, I have a shiny new legendary spear with an insanely high hit rate and a Dragoon who can put it to good use. Wil OHKO crits the Swordmaster and gets the Boots which go to storage.

x3P86Hr.png

Another level for Dart as he uses his Rescue staff on Nino. She still has to talk to Jaffar yet.

J7GSDyW.png

On the next turn, Canas goes ahead and steals the Red Gem. Serra comes in and kills off the Sorceror.

Rdck7zD.pngfHydioq.pngYnnIj2D.png

Rescue staff shenanigans start flying once again. Dart brings Canas over to the west while Sain brings Jaffar in closer so Nino can have a chat with him.

MLmgRu9.png6WEdsof.png8Enk1Fe.png

Just doing some last minute clean up here. Farina's kill she gets due to one hit going critical nets her a level and a free Physic staff.

ESr4h0d.png

With a bit of extra Rescue staff use, Merlinus is brought in range of the Sorceror so Canas can empty his inventory a little and steal that Earth Seal.

cpvMvdv.png

Nino then flies in to finish off the last enemy alive on the map. Just need to wait a bit before the chapter ends.

m748SIg.png

Free Heaven Seal? Sure, why not!

Next time: Two Mines. Lots of potential legendary weapons. You figure out the rest.

[spoiler=Growths & Comments (Nino)]

Nino's growths:

Hp: 127% Luk: 0%

Str: 127% Def: 127%

Skl: 105% Res: 105%

Spd: 110%

Those are some absurdly good growths there, aren't they? If you're lacking a good flier to assist you in certain maps, Nino will not disappoint once she's picked up a few levels. Just be very careful as she does have a weakness to legendary weapons.

Edited by LunaticScreamer

znO4sfJ.pngvzLZVgK.png

She's in range of the real boss of this chapter, Ursula. Notable for her S-rank tome, Excalibur, providing her with stat boosts of +25 hp, +15 mag, +15 skl, +15 spd, and +15 luk. Due to its weight, she's at an effective 32 speed. Still high enough that she can double several of my units. Luckily, the Sol Katti makes Serra hard to hit and impossible to be doubled. If the evasion fails, her resistance will allow her to tank the hit.

Also, just for reference, Ursula doesn't move so you don't have to worry about her running around and destroying someone unexpectedly.

So, it turns out that Ursula starts moving on T13 (well, one of the last few turns, 12-14). I left her alive so I could continue farming exp, and then suddenly on T13 she moved up and ORKO'd Hector, who'd been standing in place for 6 turns...admittedly, this isn't relevant for most players, but it did force a reset from me.

Otherwise, well done! You have a way of making these really hard chapters look easy and it's real impressive

Edited by elf_01

So, it turns out that Ursula starts moving on T13 (well, one of the last few turns, 12-14). I left her alive so I could continue farming exp, and then suddenly on T13 she moved up and ORKO'd Hector, who'd been standing in place for 6 turns...admittedly, this isn't relevant for most players, but it did force a reset from me.

Otherwise, well done! You have a way of making these really hard chapters look easy and it's real impressive

She also moves when she is near death. You have no idea how lucky you are lunatic for 1 rounding her thinking she didn't move at all.

Time for today's update!

[spoiler=Ch28x: Use The Mine Stupid]yIJDAc8.png

Nino's trying to assume authority here I think. If she saw what Sonia was using in combat, she might end up changing that thought a little.

BNkvfbx.png

Since everyone else I'm intending to use for the endgame is doing well enough statwise, I decided to toss the Stimulant I picked up in the last chapter over to Karel. Here's hoping he picks up plenty of speed and some defense & resistance as those are the three stats he wants the most right now.

I7MhtmJ.png

Well now, it's THIS map. This one, for me, just boils down to parking my ass on the starter platform with maybe a few units sitting in the northwest part of the map until the reinforcements are all done pouring in and all the path changing shenanigans come to a screeching halt.

The catch? Well, considering the map name, it's about time to cash in one of my collected Mines and do the Mine glitch. First though...

SdGfiK6.pngwGImxmT.pngfvMC9IJ.png

Jaffar joins automatically at the start of the chapter. All that present collecting has certainly done wonders for his con because there's very few weapons that he can wield that will slow him down. To boot, said weapons peak at 20 wt (25 for a bow that appears for the first time in this chapter), meaning if you can get his speed up in some way along with his weapon ranks, he'll be quite combat capable.

As for his growths, he'll almost certianly cap out strength & defense by lv20, but everything else is kinda meh. He doesn't really need much though aside from one or two Speedwings and he'll be just fine stat wise.

J2pWMmz.png

Time to setup the Mine glitch. This Berserker here will be the catalyst for it as he'll be one of the first normal enemies to move once the enemy phase begins.

X7tKz02.pngr0ObiiW.png

Nino flies out here and drops the Mine, then gets brought back to safety by Sain.

WOcy2b5.png2qTeuAf.pngM9WlduH.png

Dart then burns a Warp staff to send Merlinus all the way to the southeast. More resistance is nice of course. I then make sure someone swaps his Aureola tome to something else since one of the Archers on the island there will attack before the Berserker moves and I don't want any more uses of Aureola to be used than what's necessary.

Also, I moved Eliwood one square to the west to stand between Ninian & Hector. There's a very good reason for this which I'll explain in a bit.

rE869QV.png

And there we go. The Mine glitch has been activated.

L3nHB10.png

There's going to be a ton of sweet equipment that'll be transferred to storage. These five items are just the beginning of what I reap in this Mine glitched turn.

AdFgsjN.png

After transferring everything I could get over to Merlinus and making sure what's left of what I want is on units with the droppable flag attached to them (and strip any enemies of any weapons or status staves I couldn't get over to Merlinus of course), I end the enemy's turn.

The Hero highlighted here has a Regal Blade he'll drop. He had a Blue Gem as well, but I moved it on to a nearby enemy so Canas can steal it later.

rY85Hdz.png

Just to give you an idea of what I went through to transfer as much as I could over to storage. There's even a few Luce tomes plus an Excalibur tome that'll be mine when I kill the enemies currently holding them.

8xMsUYs.pngRV41COY.png

As for Sonia, she too has a droppable flag attached to her. She also had a Luce & Excalibur tome on her which got moved around to other nearby enemies. Yeah, she'll be able to attack and hit hard, but I have ways to counteract that when I can get over to her.

One last thing...she also had a Berserk staff on her. Since she starts with Gespenst equipped before any tome switching comes into play, she could have easily hit Eliwood with it had I not moved him one square to the west.

BwiU93k.pngE5oltKo.pngMF2tvm3.png

There are a couple new weapons in play this chapter. This Paladin who starts just to the north is using Basilikos, the S-rank axe. Heavy, but very high Mt that gets further augmented by stat boosts of +35 hp, +25 str, +15 def, and +15 res.

grB0voC.pngxSxdR17.pngmWLMZEU.png

In the northeast corner, a Sniper is using Rienfleche, the S-rank bow. Even heavier than Basilikos, but makes up for that by having 2-5 range and the brave effect. Couple that with stat bonuses of +20 str, +30 skl, +20 spd, and +15 luk and you have a dangerous weapon here.

84rjyuY.png

Merlinus has finished his collection of equipment in the southeast so Dart brings him back to safety now.

3rb5uHj.pngM78LZX0.pngVIpcII4.png

Eliwood immediately rummages through storage and takes out the Ultimate Seal so he can use it to promote once again. That +3 con will help him nicely when lifting some of the heavier Anima tomes he's been used to using up to this point.

Kx2o47l.pngVxAiZoC.png

Nino & Serra take care of the Berserker used to trigger the Mine glitch and Serra still refuses to gain speed. Seriously, I think she's gained 1 speed since she's promoted, heh.

L4Ym5bM.pngNRd0FFU.png

Sain has enough hp to eat one hit from the Basilikos Paladin so he attacks him. He does get hit, but one crit and one normal hit brings the Paladin down to 17 hp.

1WRRm0P.png

Lyn comes in to finish off the Paladin to pick up two awesome rewards, one of them being shown in that screenshot.

rSfASea.pngv6q3yHC.pngc7YEZGt.png

Hector gets to attacking the weaponless enemies on the eastern island. Any speed Hector gets is a blessing for him.

TmKi8uE.png

Fun fact: I wasn't paying attention here and accidentally attacked a pointless enemy to the south. Why is that important?

KfAprA0.pngk04Z8A3.png

Nino nearly dies because of my idiot move, yay.

UdVC37C.png

On the next turn, Nino comes down to correct my idiot mistake and gains a level. More +2s in stats she wants is good.

xgNR2iP.pngpGWY92p.png

With some help from Ninian, Eliwood goes north and crits the face off of a Paladin, adding another Rex Hasta to the storage pile.

O65x5pi.png

Stealing!

Since the rest of this chapter is basically just killing reinforcements until they stop, then killing everything else, I'm just going to give a summary of some notable events to happen during the remainder of the map. Just assume that anything I could steal when the chance came up, I did.

vAKAZvD.pngLb6z8PY.pngDsdzeIg.png

These three got all their weapon ranks to max. Didn't take that long actually.

pEbvm4m.png

Rienfleche get w/ Rescue spam to get people out of range of the ballistas in the northeast until I'm ready to drain their uses out with a high defense/avoid unit.

VfVzlMP.pngNZmtDmE.pngiEuC2ja.pngOdHdPjS.png

Treasure chest report. As you can see, I got back the Mine I used to trigger the glitch.

0epneSQ.pngg14l5mS.pngDF4hX36.png

Perfect people like Sonia getting double critted and killed by Dart because of overconfidence, then Hector coming up to seize the throne once I'm ready to end the map.

UTXnkaI.png5xb8nSh.pngppnT6vI.pngQs8LmzR.pnguj4ls2K.pngPlHwlt7.png

Closing out the update with the stats of people doing some grinding during the latter half of the map, including his or her final level gained before the chapter concluded.

Next time: Someone wants revenge!

[spoiler=Growths & Comments (Jaffar)]

Jaffar's growths:

Hp: 50% Luk: 0%

Str: 100% Def: 80%

Skl: 25% Res: 15%

Spd: 25%

Jaffar is quite the min-maxer, isn't he? That base speed coupled with a low growth might pose a problem though so if you plan to use him, it wouldn't be a bad idea to toss one or two Speedwings in his direction. He oughta be fine after that, especially if you can get all of his weapon ranks up to S to utilize some of the upper end weaponry for dangerous fights.

Jaffar is basically the perfect general, maybe better than Guy. Guy is unlikely to max all four weapon ranks, but Jaffar can do it with ease. Of course, coming in at the endgame with only B ranks is terrible since every chapter starting from now has legendary enemies, but hey that's the price you pay...

I wish there was a list of items you got with the single mine on that chapter.

Jaffar is basically the perfect general, maybe better than Guy. Guy is unlikely to max all four weapon ranks, but Jaffar can do it with ease. Of course, coming in at the endgame with only B ranks is terrible since every chapter starting from now has legendary enemies, but hey that's the price you pay...

I wish there was a list of items you got with the single mine on that chapter.

Basically, I know I got at least every legendary weapon available on 28x (a few Forblazes, lots of Luces, an Excalibur or two, everything else I didn't mention here), several stat boosters, a Luna tome, and even a Poison Lance. Probably something else I forgot too.

Anyways, time for an update!

[spoiler=Ch29 Part 1: Fog of Density I]AKjl6sv.png

Surely the running sitcom of Bern wouldn't send a hapless group of heroes into a deathtrap, right?

MIiq9yt.png

Decided to clean out a ton of stat boosters from my inventory. Serra gets Speedwings & a Body Ring.

gD4aXjm.pngGLFl9M3.png

Goddess Icons were passed out to Karel & Lucius, the latter getting enough to cap out luck. Lucius also got an Angelic Robe.

ZmRACIR.pngPnEunpl.pngeb256TE.png

Ninian, Nino, and Farina also got Angelic Robes. Farina got enough Energy Rings to cap out her strength.

48GWwAi.pngVDQnfWS.png

One last Energy Ring was tossed Lyn's way while Rebecca used all four of my stashed Talismans.

Ck8aeOt.png

Finally, a Body Ring was given to Eliwood so he can wield Forblaze without penalty, but more importantly, I decided to toss both pairs of Boots his way because I couldn't think of anyone else that absolutely needed them. Having 11 move oughta do him wonders in any case.

AxjZuTo.png

Plenty enough slots for this chapter to include almost my entire endgame team. Nino's spot will be swapped out for a future party member, but she still has her uses, especially in this map.

zDvfYJI.png

A fair helping of stealables on this map. For example, this Mage has an Energy Ring.

wL8L5Wk.png

Goddess Icon from this General.

There's plenty more to be stolen besides these two items, but it is a Fog of War map so they'll be mentioned as I progress through the map.

pXBX58a.png

Time to start cutting down some enemies. This trio of Heretics to the west are dangerous for one reason.

n44VKyg.png

All three have the same inventory, namely Gespenst and droppable Goddess Icons. I'll need to deal with these guys quickly, ideally with ranged options so I can stay out of counterattack range.

EjZakY5.png

Eliwood has a Forblaze tome equipped and fires off a use of Torch over here.

Since I never talked about Forblaze before, I will now. It's very very powerful (35 mt, 80 hit, 35 crit, 15 wt, 30 uses) and has high stat boosts (+30 hp, +25 mag, +25 skl, +25 res). The catch is that Forblaze can only be used by those of the High Magus or Witch class. Since I have two extra Forblaze tomes in reserve, Eliwood's going to have so much fun with Forblaze, that's for sure.

fj3hCYa.png

One of three Gespenst Heretics down.

YnyPJog.png

With help from Ninian, Canas swipes the Goddess Icon from the General. He is then brought back to safety by Sain's Rescue staff.

nMoukpt.png

Karel gets a B support with Lucius.

ICR1Mbr.pngtX6ouZp.png

Same pose, same end result with a dead Gespenst Heretic.

GabCfUU.png

Oh, did you think there would be a lack of Luna jerks on the map? Think again!

FY6Wo3R.png

Some enemies attack Ninian, but this is the only one who connected and actually did a decent chunk of damage.

drDDIf7.png

Buffing? Well, that'd help if all my current magic users were actually weak enough for the boost to matter. They aren't though.

vMFNsT8.png5YhE8Mt.png

Grabbed a Silence staff out of storage and had Eliwood & Dart use it while equipped with magic boosting tomes to ensure the status effect connected.

MTyLYRq.pngJPEwW67.png

Both silenced magic users have some useful stealables on them, especially that Body Ring.

XzeVvEB.pngYFsTzND.pngISQihF7.png

Canas swipes the Energy Ring in the northeast, but needs help from Ninian once again to reach the Mage. Nino deletes an unimportant enemy in the way as well.

R3kOw0k.png

Murder occurs here. The General got taken down by a crit from Rebecca while the two Monks fell very quickly soon after.

J2wAQeg.png

Eliwood's still not giving any fucks to the one Luna jerk still active.

SmbuSEN.png

I think this Sage buffed up the same Mage again, heh. That was a stupid move.

UXY6U4p.png

So was this move by a rogue Valkyrie.

xFXpNpR.pngws9mqRP.png

On the next turn, Lyn targets the Aureola Bishop knowing full well a failed dodge will put her at 1 hp. It doesn't hit her because her hit went critical and took the Bishop down, giving her a level with precious defense.

cTVGLZ5.png

Dear Luna jerk #3: Have fun not being able to ply your annoying trade.

VnIlueH.pngt0Duwe8.png

Cleaning out some invading enemies at the start grants Lucius a good level. More defenses are always good.

xepSLHP.png01sHCqL.png

The Axereavers claim more souls from the enemies.

eiKgyV1.png9QitjwY.png

Tossing Rebecca all those Talismans payed off. With them, she could eat a crit from full health if it came down to that. That never came to pass, but she did pick up a level from her kill.

yhY5aTu.png

Oh, and a free Hammerne staff. That's always good.

c5mt6W1.pngn9ArkIe.png847zL3W.png

More murder as per usual.

w7oOM5A.png

Another enemy phase where magic users make silly decisions.

4CyfoEC.pnguNTqbGE.png

Some make even sillier decisions such as attacking Dart who gets more luck on a level up.

2yHxuYn.pngMWvW6p8.png

Both magic users with stealables come forward, meaning Canas will have an easy time with his next round of pilfering. Eliwood removes an obstacle in his way.

t1Gp6NY.pngUZhnVP8.png

Body Ring get. I'd have Canas get the other stealable with Ninian's help too, but I forgot to unload his inventory a bit before stealing so it'll have to wait until the next turn. In the meantime, Hector gets rid of the Heretic now that his duty has been completed.

iSxrlC7.pngHKscDb4.png

Nino & Rebecca join forces and blow a Luce Bishop away before he can gank anyone on my frontline.

YdXzsWz.pngmrzrGra.png90zdC6j.png

More death occurs. Wil's kill nets a Barrier staff for the pile.

EiTk3wc.pngM19rNPk.png

Monk goes boom thanks to Lyn tossing an axe in his face.

xPcKVa1.png

Farina tries to get a critical with her 1 use Axereaver, but fails sadly.

yaj2831.png

No stealables? Luna user? Well then, time for you to exit the stage, thank you.

qCZVD4Q.png

Ninian's going to be attacked during the next enemy phase so she gets healed from range.

z9RmJs9.pngkrGboGC.png

Not that she really needed it though.

Part 2 of the update should be coming either later on tonight or early tomorrow.