LunaticScreamer plays FE7 Chaos Mode

LunaticScreamer

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Time to continue with chapter 29.

[spoiler=Ch29 Part 2: Fog of Density II]6Z7wuoN.png5K0EtBI.png

The weakened Sorceror goes after Lyn, but misses and takes an axe to the face.

6xAL6nk.pngOjrszh7.pngl2JrX4J.png

For some reason, this Troubadour was going for the village. I can only assume that means bad news so Dart puts a stop to her evil plans right away and snags another Fortify staff for the pile.

odyCB4d.pngmdz8zAz.png

A path gets cleared out so Canas can run up and steal a Talisman in a short while.

dfloJW6.pngJM8Nlo0.pngw0FJRrx.png

Some more murder takes place and Eliwood picks up a speed cap from a level up.

d5QVy5o.pngFbjauyy.png

Canas finally swipes the last stealable for awhile, then with Ninian's help, destroys the Sorceror.

adcnePP.pngwUfEoMv.png

After Serra kills a random Mage, Lyn breaks out Basilikos to OHKO a Luce Bishop and pick up a solid level from the kill.

LzpWhMa.png

Farina & Karel kill a couple magic users from range, allowing Lucius to run up and plug the gap by equipping his Durandal. Sain provides him with some healing since he'll likely be attacked by the nearby Silver Sword Heroes.

y4lA8ln.png

A Monk is forced to attack Lucius at melee range in the next enemy phase. He gets a sword planted firmly in his head as a result.

5HZZwiQ.pnguftkfQO.png

Theme of the rest of the enemy phase. Misses all around, including about six or so dodges by Lucius with only the Silver Sword Heroes being able to damage him if they connect thanks to Durandal.

pqe1SRz.pngp6Yrw2F.png

Ok, I know this Brigand means bad news for the village. Here's a Luna parade to ruin his life, heh.

jcLsH9w.pngOFrkadu.png

Eliwood & Hector get to cleaning out some magic users in the west. Hector gets a good level from his kill and caps strength.

FWUZrAb.png99lLNMd.png

Serra kills a Heretic, then gets another turn from Ninian so she run forward and equip her Sol Katti in the hopes of luring some enemies over to her.

lm0QzHv.png1EvN4Fe.png

Another kill, another level. The usual really.

wWVQ519.pngt3dXVG3.png

You can probably tell that I'll be parked where I'm at for awhile dealing with reinforcements. I'm just showing this because it's another Goddess Icon that drops. More free luck? Works for me!

0PbtT2w.png

As the next enemy phase starts, Hector eats a couple Eclipse hits, but it's all the damage he takes for now.

zEZ16JS.png

Serra's luring business attracts some potential buyers.

GWnc8tz.png

Lucius actually takes a hit from a Silver Sword. Big deal. I have plenty of available healers to patch him up if I really need it.

TOSrIqO.pngd5nnQ2U.png

This is what happens when you get more than a half dozen Valkyries near someone. One is bound to do this and end up killing herself in the process. It did give Lucius capped strength though which is good.

rDJ4vLx.png

Gets to be quite the clusterfuck, but there's not much to be done about it without attracting more enemies towards me than usual. Not the best odds on this attack which is the bad news.

ceJXOU5.png

The good news is that Wil doesn't give any fucks and still OHKO crits the Excalibur Valkyrie.

D8KSuff.pngiPx4CuD.png

Big whoop about the empty level. What's important is that there are no more magic users in the immediate area.

tJUIDNB.png

Sain nukes a Valkyrie with Gespenst.

D20Rk11.png

Lyn's going north to help out Lucius a bit, but she gets a defense buff from Ninian just to make sure she can survive up there.

mpyr49R.png2vRN3J5.pngDGrPZEK.png

Lyn causes an earth shattering kaboom on a Hero and grabs his Silver Sword.

PVhQ7Z5.pngJJXx6mt.png

Ninian is in range of a Luce Bishop and I don't want her to get targeted. Canas rescues her, then Rebecca comes up and does the whole take & drop deal.

1NhV8hW.png

Yeah, that's not going to work. I don't think any enemy is going to get a...

erXtoyB.png

...aw fuck, haha.

Rest of the update should come tomorrow.

Since I never talked about Forblaze before, I will now. It's very very powerful (35 mt, 80 hit, 35 crit, 15 wt, 30 uses) and has high stat boosts (+30 hp, +25 mag, +25 skl, +25 res). The catch is that Forblaze can only be used by those of the High Magus or Witch class.

Uh, you mean High Magus and Santa?

Cool update. Stupid valks. Classic. I could give them all better hitrates but most people will die at least a few times on this chapter the first time through so I consider that plenty hard.

Uh, you mean High Magus and Santa?

Cool update. Stupid valks. Classic. I could give them all better hitrates but most people will die at least a few times on this chapter the first time through so I consider that plenty hard.

I was going off of memory since I remember two Witches in 28x that had Forblaze equipped and could use it just fine (well, fine as in I saw them have attack stats & everything with it equipped. They never got a chance to attack of course). I just assumed because of that they could equip it no problem, heh.

Anyways, time to continue & wrap up chapter 29.

[spoiler=Ch29 Part 3: Fog of Density III]Last time...someone died. Let's make sure that doesn't happen again, ok?

MTvActi.png

When I meant "doesn't happen again", I also meant that the Luck jerk isn't going to get out of this enemy phase alive.

yhRDCN0.png

Physic jerk!

C2vqsom.png

And you thought FE7if had clusterfucks, haha. This one really can't be avoided though, but it does represent a good chance to pick up some experience until the reinforcements die down.

YvlvQgl.png

Eh, she missed, but she's got enough hp here to eat two hits thanks to Basilikos. Besides, most of the enemies will still prefer to go after Lucius due to no counterattacking risk.

pl4h0K5.pngLlLGKqo.png

Rebecca doesn't miss her target though and takes another step towards reaching peak offensive capabilities.

Since I'm just sitting here killing reinforcements until they dry up, going to abridge things a bit.

YTbYo8v.png

Just in case Dart has to step in for anyone doing guard work, Sain grabs the spare Hammerne staff I left on Ninian and uses it to repair Aureola.

CvhTwv0.pnggsbZLjU.png

Nino goes to check out the shops in the southwestern corner. The lone enemy just chilling there gets impaled and Nino caps speed & defense with her level I believe.

Y0STHmY.png

Eliwood comes up to take over guard duties for Lucius. I don't think I need to mention what happens next.

M4oymPy.pngXDFQTiH.pngfR8EgyC.png3ArQK9t.png

Eliwood may not being using a spear like Rex, but he did just counterkill about 8-9 enemies and gain 4 levels on a singular enemy phase. Doesn't help the enemy when they die in one, maybe two hits.

9OCv6Vx.png

Oh yeah, he got another Goddess Icon out of all his counterkills too.

u74DBaE.png

One enemy survived Eliwood's wrath. Lyn drops her instantly and caps skill for the effort.

c4wnDKu.png71eTNqn.pngKutyTKV.pngU4GnUvM.png

Nino checks out the shops. At first, she buys some Physics and another Fortify. Later on after things quiet down some, she comes back to purchase some Silver equipment.

tWKeNAu.pngyDsYA8H.png1oevaZO.pngfDbR8rv.pngVeJrfDA.png8wmea6S.png

Levels gained mopping up reinforcements until they run out. Dart's level also came at the same time he hit S-Dark so he can use Gespenst if he wants to.

aiOvKwa.pngBguajNO.png

Time to lure out the second wave of enemies. Eliwood begins by nuking a Sniper and picking up more resistance.

f9Vf6Sc.pngKCq05u3.png

Two Luna jerks at the throne wake up. Both have 30 magic by the way.

6v58VQE.png

Lots of enemies wake up. This Valkyrie has Berserk while her twin in the back has Sleep. A couple of the enemies even have some stealables (Fatman & Witch I believe).

lLsZYCL.pngy6petO7.png

Farina & Eliwood get to nuking the Luna jerks.

USbd1wi.pngFNZXRSR.png

Both of them get brought back to the team. I don't want Farina getting status'd while Eliwood could counterkill the Luce Bishops, both having stealable Speedwings that I want.

iU7ZDut.pngrGYQvbl.png

Reinforcements at the base. They're quickly dealt with.

3YIlen5.png

That...might be a problem. The Wyvern Lord in the extreme southeastern corner starts with an Uber Spear equipped.

1ctuR8i.png

Luckily, Farina drops one of the jerks with a crit.

3M7vPEZ.png7G6aRH1.png

Eliwood drops one of the status jerks.

Fhip5r8.png

Dart nails the other one with a crit.

KjcK1f7.pngojpEtHY.png

Sacred weapon weaknesses comes to claim the soul of the Uber Spear user when Wil OHKO crits him.

SarKg5Y.pnga2tQzzW.pngQTFuGjO.png

Rebecca & Hector follow up with crits of their own. Hector gains a level for his kill.

azOQX5m.png

Yeah, Merlinus was going to be just fine there, thanks for asking.

ExJQ82T.png

Too bad Lucius has Durandal equipped because he's not getting hit here.

UQEDNka.pngKALDmio.png

Farina crits the face off of the Wyvern Lord that attacked Merlinus and maxes out her level. I've got enough units down in the southeast to kill off the fresh batch of reinforcements as well. Any more reinforcements that come in will be easily dealt with so no worries there.

kYGJ1s1.pngbZLhnIk.png

This enemy has no stealables so Dart gets to weakening him a little.

By68xDv.png

Canas steals some Speedwings.

keB74qC.pngBqU8jKV.png

Serra breaks out the Regal Blade to finish off the Dark Druid. Take note that like Wyvern Riders/Lords, they too are weak to sacred weapons except for one. In any case, Serra gets speed finally.

A2XMUBV.png

Eliwood shows the Fatman how to use Forblaze and OHKO crits him as a result.

ysBv8ci.png

Turn passes, nothing exciting happens. Canas steals a Dragonshield.

qWW2sgk.png3r9z81V.png

Lucius wipes the Witch off the field and caps hp as a result.

BIkwEkc.png

Eliwood fills this girl's soul with light. Perhaps a bit too much light though because she kinda disappears after the light show, heh.

3Mnt8VY.png69adkRX.png1V7EwDb.png

Karel, Rebecca, and Hector pick up levels dealing with reinforcements in the southeast until they dry up.

E2nkQl1.png

Only three enemies left on the map now.

cHutAtZ.pngSbZF3gg.png7RDAUgs.png

The boss for this map is dependant on who your chapter 24 boss was. Since I got the Geitz map for chapter 24, I get to deal with Lloyd here. He may not have a sacred weapon, but that doesn't mean you should take him lightly. That Light Brand is very strong after all. Just make sure you send in anyone that will be counterattacked by him with an Iron Rune to ensure his or her safety.

N37P0UK.png

Getting things setup to steal those Speedwings from the Luce Bishops results in an empty level for Eliwood. Not that he really cares though as he's pretty much set stat wise for the endgame.

oksXjWb.png

As for stealing them, it's a simple process. Have Ninian give another turn to Canas so he can rush in and steal the item.

x8WmoIC.png

Eliwood & Sain use Rescue staves to bring the duo out of attack range.

Nunsucv.pngPmsgba5.pngWfGj9uy.pngCGDdQv9.png

Rinse & repeat for the other Bishop.

ANL0Jla.pnggpVQDbt.pngqKQyQDX.png

Send in Dart to destroy the Bishops. Of course, I realized at this point that the Bishops don't move. Either they're scared enough of Dart that they don't dare attack him on the enemy phase or they really don't move. Either way, I don't regret doing things the way I did with Canas & Ninian.

weeH7Td.png

Nino chats with Lloyd. This doesn't turn him to our side or anything, but it does make him move to attack anyone in his range except for Nino (she can still get counterattacked though if she attacks while in his attack range). This means he loses his throne bonuses if he so much as moves one square in any direction.

HO86UuA.png

Nino decides to poke Lloyd while others start making their way to the throne.

ZHRjKIt.png

Like this guy! Also, at least at 1 range, the Light Brand hits a unit's resistance, not defense. Keep that in mind if you're sending a low resistance unit up to attack him for any reason.

IN6ehkY.png

Rescue staff shenanigans get Wil's supports in range of him. Since I'd like to crit Lloyd to his death...

QQ7jUlO.png

Thanks!

zP7yixU.pngjz1Mrkb.pngjH7UQVC.png

Any boss I can one shot with a crit from Wil, I'm going to be taking it.

C9CT40m.png

Yeah, Mrs. Claus is another of the eight legends. If Christmas isn't real now, I don't know when it will ever be, heh.

Ho3DDSj.png

Mrs. Claus is a harsh judge, isn't she?

YiAKggk.png

Nergrinch wants to ruin Christmas for a...fourth time let's say? Eh, feels like it, right?

VSgTYzB.png

Well, this sounds promising.

Death Count: Oswin (1), Lowen (5), Bartre (1), Merlinus (1), Dart (2), Sain (1), Pent (1), Hawkeye (1), Wil (1)

Next time: Getting ever so closer to the endgame.

[spoiler=Growths & Comments(Vaida)]

Vaida's stats & growths:

Lv9 Bishop

Hp: 40 (60%) Luk: 6 (0%)

Mag: 25 (55%) Def: 15 (25%)

Skl: 18 (45%) Res: 27 (45%)

Spd: 22 (50%) Con: 9

If you're looking for a Bishop, Vaida is a pretty solid one. Good bases, solid growths, low starting level to give her plenty of chances to pick up stats. Her con isn't too terribly bad either, allowing her to use a good assortment of tomes without losing much, if any AS. Just give her a couple Goddess Icons and you'll have a pretty solid endgame caliber unit on your hands.

YTbYo8v.png

Just in case Dart has to step in for anyone doing guard work, Sain grabs the spare Hammerne staff I left on Ninian and uses it to repair Aureola.

>repairing while uses are still in double digits

>mfw top rekt

If you're looking for a Bishop, Vaida is a pretty solid one. Good bases, solid growths, low starting level to give her plenty of chances to pick up stats. Her con isn't too terribly bad either, allowing her to use a good assortment of tomes without losing much, if any AS. Just give her a couple Goddess Icons and you'll have a pretty solid endgame caliber unit on your hands.

She was literally the best unit in the game in Nintales' 0% growths run.

Since chapter 30 is short, I'm going to get it out of the way now.

[spoiler=Ch30: Scattered Treasures]v9NrzlJ.png

This a pretty short and relatively easy chapter despite several sacred weapons on display.

k47PnJh.pngLkLmK0N.pngBsiMM8X.pnguwxrpmL.pngGptZCk3.pngxczs79J.png

9UA2Cqk.png

All seven of the above enemies have something in common...a droppable flag. Now, what can we do with this?

4H3j8KD.png

Yup, I'm using a spare Mine here. I managed to grab everything in 28x with one Mine and not two so I may as well spend another one here for a few extra sacred weapons and a couple useful trinkets. If I decide against this later for some reason, I can always redo this chapter offscreen to keep it.

j1IsnRz.pngUlyRF15.png

Mine glitch activate!

EBax0SE.png

Brought the Assassin over to trade with the Lyn Lord so he can discard some Elixirs and his own Chest Key, then attacks Hector. Might as well save myself some time, right?

Lfi0veW.png

...Well then, I think I just got Hector killed off with a Lethality proc, haha. Let's try that again, shall we?

ijdbbBr.png

Ok, this is what was supposed to happen. That's another Regal Blade for the pile.

EqAo5vo.png

While in the process of getting stuff set up here, I noticed something. This Sage is using Excalibur, but can't actually move from her square. That's not the amusing thing though.

4XbhIoZ.png

This Sorceror though? Yes, she has Gespenst & Berserk, but the kick is that she can somehow move from her square to the east. I don't know how she did it, but I'm not complaining.

SrIqLTi.png

I have this General rescue the Thief. Why? Since all the Thief has is a droppable, Berserk, he's going to run from the map. I don't want that of course.

WWDQZ08.pngUTi5isn.png

Anyways, since all my rejiggering of enemies is done with, it's time to start killing. Eliwood roasts a Thief and gets a Brave Sword.

EyKt2b4.png

Oh yes, and a level. Always the levels.

iPM0bP2.png3VqZQpV.pngYHKrjCw.png

Hector uses Rienfleche and drops the Blade Lord, getting a Sol Katti and a good level. Also, Canas moved over to Eliwood and handed him his Iron Rune so he's crit immune for the two enemies that are going to suicide on him soon.

pbdjAdw.png1EyOC1Y.png

As in next enemy phase kind of soon. That's an Armads & Durandal obtained now.

Oh yes, Merlinus is not here. He's banned from this chapter, meaning I have to travel light. So much so that Eliwood has no way to heal himself right now. No biggie. As long as I play my cards right, he won't be getting hit very much, if any, from this point forward.

7Sj5Im8.pngNS3Gv9B.png

Serra deals with a General that attacked Canas, then Eliwood patches him up. I could have made sure every enemy was defanged, but I was lazy and left it like I did for some minor extra challenge.

At0XAuJ.png

Of course, a couple enemies were defanged like this one. Stealables like this would just be wasted if the jerk suicided on someone. Canas steals from this jerk over the next four turns.

IUZoxNZ.pngLAGOEwI.png

While that was happening, Hector started chipping away at the western group of enemies incoming. He doesn't crit the General he attacks, but he did crit counterkill the Sage that tried to hit him.

m4RmfXa.pngVUcAvQT.png

Good thing I took that Berserk off the Sorceror, didn't I? Hector gets another good level which caps his defense.

YC9sVKv.png

Enemy coming in from the north that might be a minor threat to Canas so Eliwood passes the Iron Rune back to him. Serra's been taking things off of Canas as he's been stealing them too.

0XE55Ln.png

Of course, Canas dodged anyways. Good.

Vl4jHb2.png

Canas steals the last item on the Nomad Trooper.

37AIgtN.png

Hector then crit kills the enemy.

KoknGd5.png

Over the next few turns, Hector kills the Sage that attacked Canas and the two annoying Generals with their Axereavers. He picks up a level in the process.

cjyHCXM.png

Another chunk of enemies incoming. Hector easily kills the General nearest to him and the Hero, the latter of which drops a Gespenst I had moved over to him during some Mine glitch abusing.

As for that Sorceror in the far west? He's got a stealable.

nVQ97as.png

A stealable which Canas immediately grabs of course.

MrhvTz5.pngb6iRDoS.png

Canas gets attacked. Big deal. Eliwood has a Physic staff available to keep him patched up.

9nIJpYi.pngDjErar7.png

Hector continues murdering everything and keeps on getting resistance.

ROO6sj9.png

The General, after moving Canas well out of the way, decided that attacking Eliwood was a good idea. Eliwood corrects this grave mistake of the General by roasting him alive.

Also, Eliwood at 13 hp there? One of the Axereaver knights from before managed to hit him.

u7mtLRH.png

Canas begins looting the chests. Another Sol Katti is fine by me.

YtBfECt.pnge8QFbR8.png

Since I'm running very low on space, I have Serra use both Speedwings I picked up, bringing her up to 28 speed.

nkiuBB9.pngHYejFKq.pngDlo9zAY.png

Last two chests have good loot too.

pSYnWiu.png

Still need one more space in my inventory so I don't have to discard anything later. Eliwood uses the Goddess Icon for a bit of extra luck.

LpWLMwN.png

The luck didn't help him in gaining any more stats though.

6CFG663.pngLt6TCiB.png

One counterkill and one regular kill later, Hector has dealt with the General who was holding the Thief with the Berserk staff. That should be two Berserk staffs available to me now.

vYSHmko.png

Probably should make sure that Hector has the Iron Rune on him from here on out to prevent a stupid death from occurring.

cBFEuON.png

Hector's going to keep on killing here, thanks for asking.

RFdFNJK.pngIPFYFZQ.png

As for the boss, Kaim, he's not to be taken lightly. Basilikos is a powerful weapon and he's got high stats to make good use of it.

GgutAKr.png

For some reason, I wasn't thinking clearly here and equipped Hector with his Steel Bow because I thought Rienfleche was going to cause him to get doubled. Apparently I forgot the part where Rienfleche gives +20 spd, heh.

onyhaFv.png

I'm a master tactical genius, aren't I?

wZ0eFxh.png9Ii3Zn2.png

With Rienfleche, Hector can outrange Kaim and kill him with at least one crit, a task he easily performs, gaining another Basilikos and yet another level.

Z4kPQqW.png

Eliwood patches up Hector while the Sorceror in the next enemy phase tries to hit Hector with Eclipse, but fails. I think you know what happens to the Sorceror on the next player phase.

ZgcLnNn.png

He's dead and Hector gets even more resistance.

MO5YF80.png

Might as well let Serra bag a kill for kicks.

ULLvdfC.png

Hector waits on a specific tile and ends the chapter. The end of chapter cutscenes come and, well, something happened.

wWZMTkF.pngjYa7j7K.pngULe3Gm8.pngNGoapYr.png

Eliwood, this is why you're not allowed to have a sword anymore. Your evil side comes out to have fun and shit like this happens.

Death Count: Oswin (1), Lowen (5), Bartre (1), Merlinus (1), Dart (2), Sain (1), Pent (1), Hawkeye (1), Wil (1), Hector (1)

Next time: Nergrinch sends out his personal elf army for an invasion.

Time for the usual morning update.

[spoiler=Ch31 Part 1: Nergrinch Awaits Your Ass I]aRY7BfM.png

Good job Eliwood, you struck down Ninian because of your hatred for dragons. Emperor Palpatine is proud of you sir.

5D1ehqB.png

Bartre, I don't know what your idea of a decoy is, but I don't think Dorcas is going to be happy that he's been depicted as a girl. Friendly advice there sir.

LakPF8Z.png

Didn't do much in stat booster distributions. Just threw some Speedwings over to Hector until he capped speed.

ZzwTfdN.pngfFbg2ef.png

Time to deal with yet another invasion by enemy forces. This one could actually be tricky since there's lots of sacred weapons in play and several dangerous enemies around the map. More could be coming in as reinforcements too.

hEOCr7p.png6R2Njw7.pngkyhrZho.png

There is one way to deal with the reinforcements...ensure they never even get a chance to spawn. Denning is nothing surprising for a boss by this point. High stats besides the 0 luck curse of being an Elf, sacred weapon.

You can probably already guess how I plan to kill him in the first turn, but I need to use both of my remaining Warp staves to do so.

ZWVk2ei.png

Since I had spare slots available after ensuring my main army got in, I tossed in Marcus & Hawkeye. Marcus is only going to be doing healing here while Hawkeye can go after a treasure room to his south.

I2Am3Tx.pngasAHQ1i.pngLJ1Bgqf.png

In just a few easy steps, Canas is warped down south so he can swipe the Stimulant.

hhLSbqF.png

Canas has my Regal Blades along with an Emblem Seal to get his avoid as high as possible. There are a few enemies who could feasibly hit him, but that's what his 75 hp there is for, just in case.

0KFKas1.pngV3K2ovp.pngRE09eex.png

Now for the killshot. Serra gets warped down near Denning and attacks. All she needs is one crit and his life is forfeit.

TFmhZEF.pngBjFrDdJ.png

Like so. No need to worry about reinforcements since they'll never appear now. Serra getting a good level from her kill is nice too.

ZjCrrFT.png

Also, good luck to the enemies in trying to hit her. It's not going to happen right now sadly.

DOvMRYr.pngTxPtrwq.png5d4YgXp.png

The danger is not over with though. There are three Luna users bunched up in the southeastern corner of the map and I need to kill them all off before the next enemy phase. Dart begins by nuking the closest one and caps resistance.

bx2FeEg.pngu8l5vvS.png

Karel impales the second one and dodges the counterattack like a boss.

QdDX8ub.pngoVdwQtn.png

This Brave Bow Sniper over to the east could be a problem too. Wil makes sure that enemy doesn't get a chance to move.

9Gpt0zN.png

Lucius gets rid of the last Luna user, but takes a hit in the process. Only one enemy can actually damage him in the next enemy phase and it won't be enough to kill him so he'll be fine.

FCi2XjC.pngLuWJMM6.pngKW4RN65.png

Farina gets to work and crits a Gespenst Sorceror who was holding a Silence staff. That staff doesn't drop, but a Goddess Icon does.

2yVGHd4.png

A little rescuing, taking, and dropping operation gets Farina to a safe spot. Hector moves east onto the pillar and it's time to see if I can survive the first enemy phase.

8oZv63H.png

Lots of green army bait for the enemy to go after.

i3UwhZ7.png

A silly Great Lord goes after Canas. He responds by critting on his second attack and killing him off.

TaVNog5.png

This is the end result for any enemy trying to attack Serra this turn.

GrS1nGu.png

Oh boy, there goes the bait on the east side with plenty of enemies who haven't acted there yet.

EYRzGNr.pngYjBMx88.png0CJWjOy.png

That's going to hurt. On the plus side, Wil maxes out and caps skill in the process.

wvdt58c.png

Oops. This Excalibur jerk that Hector's about to kill had a White Gem for stealing and Hector was kinda in his attack range. Eh, no big deal. There's another magic user nearby with a stealable White Gem too. Besides, I'd rather get through this enemy phase in one piece.

tvq16en.png

Lucius kindly tells a status jerk to take a hike by dodging. Even if he failed to dodge, Dart has my Restore staff and could have quickly cured that.

BRurqXo.png

Both green army units on the west side decided to kill themselves on a Swordmaster. Nice job guys!

3nlcAwz.png

On the plus side, I made it to turn 2 without anyone in my army getting killed.

XdcpOXV.png

Serra kills a random General so Canas can start moving west a little.

VCeSmOY.pngURbSWDF.pngEZkfneE.png

A bonus enemy? Been awhile since one of those appeared. This one is pretty tanky, but an extra Regal Blade plus whatever is in the chest he's guarding will make it worthwhile to kill him. Eliwood can run down here in a few turns and completely incinerate him.

mYZBY0u.png

Since Canas has nothing to do for a couple turns until Eliwood gets down where he is, he hops on a pillar and kills a Bishop.

vbIt7Tl.png8KuaXqR.png

On his way south, Eliwood patches up Wil and gets more resistance for himself.

JuUJAev.pngFbbfNj0.png

Farina beings work on chipping down the incoming horde threatening the throne room.

NKRC4II.pnggJ2j21T.png

Nino also contributes to the murder, gaining a level for herself while doing so.

t60iXQg.pngBCEtwjA.png

Hector joins in as well, then gets healed up by Marcus.

5BotSrV.pngvrsH2vy.png

Eastern team begins cleaning up the enemies in their vicinity. Lucius grabs a level killing his target.

kxQjQ05.pngnbuGxeh.png

Karel likewise gains a level for his kill.

XHelT6P.pngVE7KDVV.png

Two more kills makes the eastern team relatively safe. Nothing there right now can really kill any of them.

SGiVHRG.png

Stupid General. He dies of course.

VDxkJEh.png

Sames goes to this Sniper attacking Lucius.

jyhlR0k.png

I do believe that's the last green army unit who's about to die. Whatever, I've got this chapter under control now.

dUsreoM.png

One last kill and the eastern team's 100% safe.

VkDmGov.png

Hawkeye snatches the White Gem from a nearby Sorceror.

9dOSvUl.png04NBBzy.png

A couple enemies threaten to invade the throne room from the west, but two Berserkers perform earth shattering kabooms and end their lives quickly.

ojUUNUN.png

Marcus heals up Lyn and...sheesh, he's doing the speed gaining thing again when he's only here because I had extra slots available for deployment. Lovely.

Anyways, the chapter will be wrapped up next time and 31x will be dealt with as well.

5D1ehqB.png

Bartre, I don't know what your idea of a decoy is, but I don't think Dorcas is going to be happy that he's been depicted as a girl. Friendly advice there sir.

OMG LOL

THE RETURN OF GLITCH

why is he wielding marquess laus though

Edited by Klokinator

Wrapping up chapter 31, then a shopping run in 31x.

[spoiler=Ch31 Part 2 & Ch31x: Nergrinch Awaits Your Ass II & Battle Preparations]be2LPxn.pngOeYvK57.pngNPvcvab.png

Cleaning up the eastern enemies trying to invade the throne room gives Hector a level.

KAy0Oc5.png

Nino finishes off a General that Farina failed to crit.

2eIMEkv.png

Did I mention this is only turn 3? Yeah, I'm destroying this map piece by piece. Only a couple more turns and every enemy should be dead.

DVsTJ4d.png

Assuming the last few enemies don't get any cheap crit kills that is.

laXSThO.png735PXoa.png

Only other thing of note to happen on the enemy phase was a Hero suiciding on Canas. At this point, it's just cleanup of the few enemies remaining. Dart picks up his final level nuking a General and manages to get the one stat he can still get points in. Finishing strong is what he does, that's for sure.

Sf73vCi.pngxbGANZh.png2qIrxCE.png

Murder, lots of it. Some have to get criticals to get their kills, but they have no trouble in getting them.

5CdAjth.png

Serra even gets a level for her kill.

96iwZgh.png

Eliwood gets his first death by incineration. The General guarding a chest should follow soon after.

yGfUM9e.pnggiOOjXq.png

Nino tries to get a crit on this jerk, but fails. He gets a crit though, but it's on Sain who is simply too tanky to die in one hit.

5LiFQhY.pngLY5pFiz.png

Eliwood doesn't crit the General. However, a Hero challenged Lyn to a fight. He loses and Lyn picks up a level.

b2vIjQR.pngffL3cxV.png

Nino finishes off the ballista jerk for another level.

rhnUO1j.png

Serra finishes off the General with a crit and picks up another Regal Blade.

frpa7eY.pngqqAkEwm.png

Eliwood & Karel mop up the remaining enemies on the map, giving me several turns to do whatever.

1ffIt1o.pngism0xCr.png

I have one last Warp staff available it seems and I use it to send Farina to the secret shop. Those prices are with the Silver Card in hand by the way.

As you can see, it's a very good shop. A few stat boosters, Luna tomes, and Ultimate Seals. You'd think I'd buy a seal for Sain, but I believe there's a free one incoming in chapter 32 so I'll have him wait until then to get his promotion. I buy a bunch of Luna tomes and a few Goddess Icons.

ob5GwCb.pngCRbubgZ.png0keDT4g.png

Treasure chest report before I waste turns to get the map over with. Onto chapter 31x!

tkAu6q3.png

This is all I do with stat booster use before this chapter. The rest is just selling half used weapons and other junk to make space for all the purchases I'll be making here.

3tVuTVi.png

That extra influx of gold will help too.

EGmAyic.pngcGJbi8R.png

So will Bartre randomly challenging someone to combat and dodging twice. I know what that means!

JBPKmCX.pngqQ7oPBe.pngflEVXp1.png

Hello new party member!

Karla's a pretty solid late game unit. Lots of hp, strength, and speed, alright defenses. Her strength & defense growths are bad, but I have ways of fixing them. The real issue lies with her low skill base. That's going to need to be brought up quickly. Luckily, I've got some Secret Books stashed away for just such an occassion.

Also, as you can tell, Karla can use Armads & the Wolf Beil. She'll need to do some work to get that axe rank up, but it'll be worth the effort.

sAg4nYt.pngXrTnvBe.png

Shopping time! I buy several Restore staves and I believe a couple Physics from here.

z65Z0Wh.png0DoIcjF.png5QyeBvk.png6NNH0Nw.png

Swords & spears. Mostly bought some Silver Swords, Steel Lances, and Axereavers.

Du7hBTB.pngrl5yafy.pngsVZcpFr.pngw10ScZE.png

Axes & bows. Grabbed a few Steel Axes for Karla, a couple Hand Axes, and some Steel Bows.

iGyiCXi.pngheL4Q6b.pnggBHXf4t.png

Last shop on the west side of the map has several different tomes, but also some stat boosters. After grabbing a few tomes, I spend my remaining funds on Body Rings & Talismans before the chapter ends.

FKSAuLd.png6NVwlMc.pngB1kmUGA.png

Poor Nergrinch. Now where is he going to get all his presents from?

yHMl9Vc.png

Almost to the end now folks!

Death Count: Oswin (1), Lowen (5), Bartre (1), Merlinus (1), Dart (2), Sain (1), Pent (1), Hawkeye (1), Wil (1), Hector (1)

Next time: Limstella takes matters into her own hands.

[spoiler=Growths & Comments (Karla)]

Karla's growths:

Hp: 70% Luk: 0%

Str: 25% Def: 10%

Skl: 55% Res: 30%

Spd: 65%

Karla may have disappointing strength & defense growths, but her bases in those two stats are solid enough for the endgame so it's no big deal. That base 10 skill though might be another problem. She'll need at least two or three Secret Books to bring that up to speed or get real lucky with her level ups. She does have very high con to wield Armads and heavy weaponry well though which is a plus.

It seems that Glitch has a different iteration depending on the chapter. In FoD, he's a knight. In NAYA, he's a blade lord...holding marquess darin.... I LIKE NAYA ver. GLITCH BETTER!

i demand marquess darin as droppable weapon for glitch

Edited by RandomSwordmaster

Making Glitch an official character is dumb. The fact he changes based on how you play is much better, and I can't wait to see what he morphs into in future LP's, if he even exists in the final patch at all. (I might accidentally 'fix' him, hope not though.)

Time for a morning update.

[spoiler=Ch32 Part 1: Beginning of the End I]DnuHKBO.pngJy4clzs.png

Sonia gained perfect strength & beauty and, well, look where she ended up. I don't see how it'll be any different for Limstella the red-nosed reindeer.

OseurkY.pngo2eGW3u.png

Did some major stat booster usage. Besides what Karla got above here...

Hector: 3x Body Ring

Lyn: 2x Body Ring, 4x Dragonshield, 2x Goddess Icon, 1x Energy Ring

Rebecca: 2x Body Ring, 1x Talisman

Lucius: 1x Body Ring

Wil: 1x Body Ring

Sain: 3x Goddess Icon

XfhJIpu.png

Well, that might have been good to have for selling last chapter.

CokW1SB.png

Lots of nasty enemies on this map. For example, one of the Paladins in the southeast has Rex Hasta, another has Basilikos, and the last one has both Rex Hasta & Basilikos. Great Lord has Armads.

lsF1kqx.png

Warrior has Rienfleche while the two Sorcerors have 30 magic & Luna.

MSdVFd9.png

Sniper nearest to Limstella has Rienfleche & an Iron Rune, Fatman has Forblaze & Silence.

sZ1nggM.png

A bunch of asshole flying units, Knight Lord with Durandal, magic user with Aureola, Berserk, and a droppable Hammerne.

KsFzM4P.pngRAAunUL.pngcTf0dul.png

Mine glitch? Mine glitch! Empty levels too apparently.

F736PHG.pngb7PEt4z.png

You can probably guess what I intend for Merlinus to do here. By having him wait once he's arrived in the southeast, he triggers a group of enemies in his corner. The Mages have Elfire while the Sage has that along with Bolting. Those Mages will get to go first, but they aren't accurate enough to hit Merlinus.

YLHUTGb.png

Glitch time start!

ZFaehs6.png

Yes, enemies can visit ruins and I'm going to have them do it for me. What's behind ruins #1?

SkhunCO.png6fg2i5o.pngksOAqp9.png

A new party member! If you want another Dark Wizard prospect, Renault actually isn't that bad despite low starting magic & speed since he has his t3 class time to bring those up to speed. 15 con is pretty nice too.

Growth wise, he's much like Hector or Eliwood, but with his stronger defensive stat being resistance.

I won't be using him because Sain is good enough, but luckily, Renault comes with a free Ultimate Seal so I can finally get Sain promoted.

37arKkD.png

Go away status staff! I left Forblaze on him to keep a level of challenge for myself around the boss.

C0dqEjB.png

This Wyvern Lord has a droppable flag on him. Utilized it to take the nearby Sniper's Rienfleche because Hector's is close to breaking and I could use another one for him.

n1liJMR.pngTHQIw2Y.png

Yes, Aureola was pilfered, but having an enemy visit a ruin will give them a droppable flag. Not that it matters here because...

Lr69FLZ.png4LlhBzQ.pngK5KtGn7.pngatwBqLX.png2UY4rz5.png

So many sacred weapons! Other things too!

sY1MD2E.png

Speedwings, whee!

2RmlRb5.pngTn6cuNj.png

Next turn comes and some Rescue staff shenanigans occur to get party members to safety.

ZioOKYq.pngKpU3VVA.png

Sain finally gets his promotion. Sadly, his max hp of 63 will not stick.

One other thing...Dark Wizards have nearly the same kind of sacred weapon weakness as Wyvern Riders/Lords do. The sole exception to this is the personal weapon for their class. Basically, Sain needs to be careful when an enemy with a sacred weapon approaches.

2RXOS0M.png

Thanks for triggering the Mine glitch there Mr. Berserker. You can die now.

4Fswp4J.png

This General has three sacred weapons on him. Thankfully, with a bit of weakening from Renault, Rebecca can kill him before he becomes a threat.

0aLV9lU.png

Nomad Troopers have spawned as a result of Rebecca moving past a trigger line. They all have Steel Bows & Steel Swords. Nothing real special at this point.

dw6VLga.pngW0iVcZO.png

Some Axereaver spam by Farina & Karel take out another Berserker. Karel picks up a level from the kill.

bot2AXk.pngyMhgsvl.png

Lucius weakens a Hero in the center and grabs a level himself. Serra then finishes off the Hero with her Steel Sword.

Mtb0D7t.png

Serra also made this group of enemies spawn. Due to the 50 enemy limit being reached, one Bishop did not spawn.

Also, the sole male Bishop has a stealable Energy Ring if you need it.

8kVvGwB.png

One crit, one normal hit. I'm sure this won't come to nearly bite anyone in the ass in the next enemy phase.

nD5zXbk.png

Scratch that. Canas does just enough damage with his Steel Sword to kill the 1 hp General, good.

3PFPvO8.png

See this? All five Nomad Troopers attacked her with their Steel Swords. Capital work there!

mZ4bgFg.pngnxK9wvR.pngSUOUl2P.png

Southern team does some general murder of the enemy force near them.

RQFAYQ3.pngCnw9ARx.png

Sain kills a General and picks up S-Anima. He now has all of his weapon ranks maxed finally.

eBYkv4K.png

For the first time ever, Eliwood breaks out a use of Fortify. Apparently having him use it while animations are active freezes the game so I had to shut off animations for him (and Dart too just to be sure).

yOwbfp5.pngIU068iO.png

The silly Nomad Trooper squad begins getting cut down. Rebecca caps skill from killing the first one.

YHQvMjN.png

Long range sniping lets Hector take out a Blade Lord.

lInBnIm.pngmlTFHrm.png

Serra kills a Bishop and decides she wants to cap three stats at the same time (skill, speed, resistance).

YL0QsIT.png

Another long range kill.

A204CwX.png6SE0XgN.png

You missed nothing on the enemy phase. Mostly moments like this happened.

DrNe2zM.pngWND7YFn.pngcgGhTMz.png

Two dead enemies with one person maxing out in a pretty lovely fashion.

1Th8GbJ.pngllIDNUQ.png

Lucius gets a crit kill and comes within 1 point of capping skill.

OZPQREQ.png

Gotta love a bunch of flying units bunching up, right? Too bad two thirds of the squad had their weapons stripped from them.

tFbHIPu.png

Also, empty level for the win.

zrihUQ9.png

Serra kills a Falcoknight and picks up some Speedwings.

Part 2 of the update should be coming along soon.

Time to continue with chapter 32.

[spoiler=Ch32 Part 2: Beginning of the End II]ULbHwd3.png5arHZKT.png

Central team continues to murder enemies as they make their way towards Limstella.

V6WZwLx.pngDrhSNon.png

Wil may not be able to double the Knight Lord with his Axereaver, but he can sure critical him and leave him near death.

rTePvqy.png

Sain misses a killshot, lovely.

P8rh5q0.png

Luckily, Rebecca was in range and got the kill with her Basilikos, getting a Durandal in return.

TsgxHEk.png

This seems like pathetic damage...until you realize that any damage over 100 doesn't display properly.

Basically, Eliwood is about to do 117 damage to this Wyvern Lord and absolutely fry his ass.

36BABuG.png

Of course, some enemies can do the same, just without the one hit kill capabilities.

eFLotX4.png

She got lucky here. Why?

U565Ea9.png

Because of this jerk.

gAONU00.pngijoJeSh.pngcUrJ73b.pngBjEx7C3.png

A few enemies went and suicided on Rebecca this enemy phase. She decides to tell that 15% resistance growth of hers to go to hell as she triggers it twice in a row.

xJqvAqn.pngwh9YmVd.pngixDK58k.png

Murder begins for the southern team.

eIhNYtF.pngZsvSy4m.png9CDA1Ud.png

Solution for Farina's low hp? Crit kill the Great Lord who I left a pack of droppable Elixirs on for just such an occassion. That Brigand can't move far enough to kill her and none of the Paladins have weapons on them.

f6n69Cr.pngv4xyUIl.png

Something to note about sacred weapons...if you switch from one that provides a max hp boost to any weapon that doesn't have such a boost, your health bar will look lower, but you still technically have the max hp you started the fight with until the combat is over with. That's why Lyn has 65 hp here since she switched from her Basilikos to a Dragon Axe and took a hit during her attack.

Oh yes, Lyn got stronger too. That helps.

kHCxZyb.png

This is Eliwood about to crit a Wyvern Lord in the face for 354 damage. Overkill to the extreme, heh.

TTe4J4G.pngtxAJYkx.png

Serra may not have killed the Bishop up by the ruins, but she did grab more defense from a level up.

X1ugFaa.pngfsm5H9U.png7mY2Qy0.png

Everyone that's available grabs a target and murders. Eliwood's kill nets me the Rienfleche I had a Sniper trade to the Wyvern Lord during glitch abuse.

mHV1gCf.png86ZT0wO.png

Canas gets a critical to kill off a blocking Nomad Trooper. The northwestern team can more or less start moving forward in larger steps now.

72N3mha.pngp4yRVkU.pngBEmfAou.png

Sain picks up a level finishing off the Bishop that Serra weakened and another Rex Hasta.

VCLofwm.pngsBc5vdW.pngYcZVIyj.png

Northwestern corner is pretty much secure...for now at least.

4utNSsw.png

At this point, only the central team really needs to worry on the enemy phase. Even then, they're in no real danger.

BurthBP.pngITml1hr.png

More cleaning up of some stragglers left on the map.

RZaMMuA.png

Serra kills a Nomad Trooper, that's good.

QVWr2sm.png

Lots of Sorcerors spawned, that might be bad.

wC7ftAv.png

Dart decides to use his Rescue staff to bring Farina up to the center.

vstHrxc.pngDdghRju.png

More cleanup in the southeast as usual.

g7c40OI.png

Since there are a few potential ballista users in the northeast, Farina uses her Elixir to heal herself up.

eaomSEh.png

Nothing exciting happened during the enemy phase of course.

qLia0jW.png

More Sorcerors!

p4jLaBy.png

Reinforcements in the southeast too. Looks like the trio down there is basically going to be making camp and making sure those reinforcements don't get to do much.

fr2LkT2.png0Ajsd42.pnghH2Bynq.png

They aren't getting to do much this turn, that's for sure. For that matter, nobody is doing much this turn, even if it means empty levels being gained.

UnhkJYA.pngZR1tQIV.png7a9QIQN.png

One ballista jerk down, but more empty levels are seen.

xKarq00.png

Eliwood kills another ballista operator while Dart nukes an incoming Eclipse jerk.

Chapter 32 will be wrapped up next time.

I'm thinking of putting a "Top 6 LP's" section in the FE7CM OP, near the top. I'm gonna put this one, Nintales, Phobia's, Moniker's, Tequila's and Mr Night's.

Moniker/Tequila/LunaticScreamer: Informative LP's focusing on game mechanics and commentary.

Mr Night: His is great because it really shows exploits to the max.

Nintales: The only 0% run to date.

Phobia: The one that started it all.

Time to wrap up chapter 32.

[spoiler=Ch32 Part 3: Beginning of the End III]YLxST8S.png

Not much I can do right now until some of those magic users get killed. Hector gets another turn from Nils and moves forward a bit.

HBVRESC.pngQ4uSpiS.png

Sain continues to nuke random enemies with his Luna tome.

aTXDWsn.pngs7X1x0m.png

Wil & Nino take out another ballista operator.

9jgzvvM.png

No points for guessing what happens to the Brigand after this.

i9IvDw5.png

Karla manages to get her first level dodging an attack. Skill & speed are the two stats I want her getting the most of right now so this is good.

gj39unB.png

Well, that wasn't so bad. Eliwood counterkills him and the Gespenst drops, but...

NNJHRvZ.png

Yeah, I've got to discard something. Lovely isn't it? Luckily I have plenty of Fortify staves so this isn't so bad.

aGmXF6C.png

Oh god that was close. Eliwood got attacked by a Fatman with Forblaze and somehow didn't get his ass critcaled. Eliwood criticals though and leaves the Fatman low on health.

cxHJMKR.png

Serra & Dart kill another Gespenst Sorceror while Eliwood finishes off the Fatman.

h4kjhzg.png1NQ6Grz.png

Farina drops a pair of Sorcerors with some help from Nils.

KQQvk0p.pngMAlEwmu.png

I've got control of the center more or less now.

hawSvvk.png

Southeast team is still on guard duty. Karla also got S-Axes during this turn.

VK2TIVe.pngOdt4vef.png

Speed cap for Sain as the northern team begins dealing with a few Sorcerors that have wandered their way.

MRe7ogI.png

Rebecca gets a level killing the Sorceror behind the one that Sain just destroyed.

Zptqt8V.png

There goes the third. Northern team should be safe once again.

WrvnJIn.png

Not much happened on the enemy phase of course.

lAZVp2M.png

This might be a problem though. Fresh group of Wyvern Lords just appeared near the central team. Luckily, Hector was able to drop the most dangerous one of the pack.

iN2tsS4.png

You're just lovely there sir.

q40VD9y.png

Oh yes, there are reinforcements in the northwest too. There's even a pair of Falcoknights off to the west. Canas gets started on clearing out some of them by killing a Valkyrie.

UaLFthk.pngRjP6qwz.png

Rebecca & Wil follow up with some kills of their own.

rDj7lL8.pngGKXc7L3.png

Karel & Lucius double team a Wyvern Lord with their Axereavers and kill it off. Lucius hits lv20 and manages to cap skill in the process.

rX7UbD8.pngG29KHVk.pngj9eHEYe.png

You know what? I think I need to end these reinforcements continually coming in so it's time to deal with Limstella. Lots of capped stats, powerful tomes, She even moves to attack anyone if they happen to be in her range. At least if she moves, she loses her throne bonuses.

X3GDTM0.png

Eliwood prepares to lure out Limstella and heals himself with an Elixir.

H9VaWGh.png

Well, Limstella doesn't have glitched hp. That's good. She even pulled a stupid and switched to Gespenst which tanks her AS. The result?

CMxOkAo.pnggcm8bf3.pngfDeNw9f.png

Eliwood double crits Limstella and she dies and never gets back up like a zombie. Another Rescue staff too.

rquIGrp.png

Every single enemy in existence decided to gang up on Eliwood, nearly killing him. I haven't had to reload a save state yet though.

GKlMYtL.png

Rebecca hits lv20 doing some counterkilling in the northwest. More resistance because why not, am I right?

bWwIqCz.png

Someone else got knocked close to death, but this was the last enemy to do anything this enemy phase.

wPeb92Y.png

Time to end this chapter. Dart kills a Sorceror in Eliwood's way.

lzvUMAT.png

Eliwood moves up near the throne and uses Rescue to bring Hector up to him.

mac9B5T.pngEuhx2p0.png

Sain & Nino pick up levels doing some last minute murder.

e0k2f7g.png

Hector goes and seizes the throne on turn 10.

5OfpWuV.pngkukxWTY.png

Nils & Ninian confirmed for worst Christmas day gifts ever. Ouch.

buTSr2W.png

Not at the end yet folks. We've got a bonus stage to visit!

Next time: Bonus stage!

[spoiler=Growths & Comments (Renault)]

Renault's growths:

Hp: 80% Luk: 0%

Mag: 65% Def: 20%

Skl: 30% Res: 40%

Spd: 35%

Renault actually has some potential use since he can become a Dark Wizard and work on his low magic & speed stats. If you have that Stimulant from chapter 31, Renault makes a good candidate for it. Even if you don't plan to use him, he does bring some useful equipment like a free Luna tome, Fortify staff, and Ultimate Seal.

Well, I'm more-or-less caught up on the LP, and I'm definitely liking it! I found Glitch's latest appearance to be entertaining, I just wish you had decided to use him like I did(Marquess Laus sword LOL).

Also, I'm glad to see that my LP is considered better than...I don't know, 50% of the rest? Seriously, how many LPs have there BEEN, at last count?