The Reason for the Problems With Awakening

Topaz Light

It's kinda hilarious how Flavia casually robs Plegia's wealth and then Chrom and co. leave Plegia to rot and completely ignore it for two years. Aren't they supposed to be the people the player Chet's for? A is this glossed over like it never happened?

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's kinda hilarious how Flavia casually robs Plegia's wealth and then Chrom and co. leave Plegia to rot and completely ignore it for two years. Aren't they supposed to be the people the player Chet's for? A is this glossed over like it never happened?

At the end of chapter 11 they're only waiting for ceasefire terms from Plegia. Chrom only just became Ylisse's king after the war, Ferox's army needs rebuilding and given the series of events Plegia would have requested support(though it's pretty obvious why even if they did need support it would have never been requested[Validar and Aversa])

Additionally during the same conversation the fact Plegia can afford all reparations of the war

Soldier

Sire, the remaining Plegian forces are surrendering en masse!

Chrom

Order our forces to cease fighting at once.

Soldier

Yes, sire!

>Scene change

Flavia

Then it's finished. Once their messenger delivers our terms, that's it. We put an end to this bloody business, once and for all.

Chrom

We've won... Somehow I don't feel like celebrating.

Basilio

Victory can be bitter as well as sweet, boy. It's good you learn that now.

Flavia

Regna Ferox lost many good soldiers today. We need to see to our dead. Then it's time to attend to the living and rebuild our army.

Chrom

I'm sorry, Flavia. Your sacrifice will not be forgotten. Ylisse will compensate your nation in whatever fashion—

Flavia

Oh? In that case, how about you hand over the Fire Emblem and we'll call it even? ...Hah! Just a little Feroxi humor. Don't worry about our finances, Chrom. Reparations will fall to Plegia, and I've seen their treasury—they can well afford it.

Basilio

Yes, pity the man who stands between Flavia and a full coffer, boy.

Chrom

Heh, I'll have to remember that when you come to visit Ylisstol.

(Also I'd say this topic is stuck in a wheelspin if I have to constantly bring up the script from main chapters in the game or Supports with Robin, these aren't obscure things. Could some of you actually look some of this stuff up beforehand? As we wouldn't have Delphi Sage thinking Flavia can conjure up an occupational army just for Plegia. Ferox isn't Begnion and just because a similar event happened in FE9/10 doesn't mean a similar scenario in FE13 happens or has to happen even under different circumstances)

Edited by arvilino

In addition to what was mentioned above, there's also this- I suppose it doesn't say Plegia is the wealthiest, but its known for being rich. Why this is the case isn't made clear, at least in the main story.

And yeah Plegia paying the reparations and its citizens joining a cult out of desperation(reminds me of Post WWI Germany a bit) could have been interesting but wasn't really touched upon.

Basilio
Perhaps a land that borders the sea, with enough wealth to afford this campaign?

Robin
Plegia!

Chrom
No. Absolutely not. Out of the question.

Basilio
They have gold, boy! Countless ships! And more importantly, we have a fart's chance in the wind without them.

Flavia
The oaf is right. ...Crude, but right. There's only one path forward.

Edited by -Cynthia-

Reminder that respect is a two-way street. If you want it, the best way is to give it out first.

You would think Chrom would at least be up to date on what's happening in Plegia. Crimea had no hand whatsoever in Daien's reconstruction but Elincia was well informed about the Dawn Brigade's rebellion.

Another thing regarding plegia and being ignored.

At the end of the game, what happened to all the people who were sacrificed? Them coming back wouldn't bother me, them all being dead has some serious ramifications, but my big issue is that Awakening doesn't seem to mention what happened at all?

awakening doesn't mention alot of stuff period, also i can't imagen ylisse actually having spys for some reason, i bet they do tho, just something tells me to paint this "perfect country" they wouldn't have anything like spies since apparently they also don't have an army outside of your people.

it sounds stupid and i could be wrong, which i hope i'm wrong.

awakening doesn't mention alot of stuff period, also i can't imagen ylisse actually having spys for some reason, i bet they do tho, just something tells me to paint this "perfect country" they wouldn't have anything like spies since apparently they also don't have an army outside of your people.

it sounds stupid and i could be wrong, which i hope i'm wrong.

Actually in chapter 9 of Awakening, Basilio sent a spy into Plegia to hear in on Aversa and Gangrel. That's how they knew when to strike on that day. Although, I want to meet the writers of Awakening and ask how they came up with half the crap they wrote. They should of taken a lesson from POR's writers on how to deal with war and politics.

Bravo, you ignored my point completely. But please, continue being smug, because that helps, doesn't it?

Replies like this aren't welcome. Either respond with your logic or keep it to yourself.

Actually in chapter 9 of Awakening, Basilio sent a spy into Plegia to hear in on Aversa and Gangrel. That's how they knew when to strike on that day. Although, I want to meet the writers of Awakening and ask how they came up with half the crap they wrote. They should of taken a lesson from POR's writers on how to deal with war and politics.

Basillo is of Ferox, not Ylisse.

so my question still hangs in the air "does Ylisse even have spies since they apparently don't have an army outside of your gang?"

Edited by HF Makalov Fanboy Kai

Basillo is of Ferox, not Ylisse.

so my question still hangs in the air "does Ylisse even have spies since they apparently don't have an army outside of your gang?"

They probably do. Every other country has one, why wouldn't Ylisse? The spies most likely did nothing since their employer was bad writing. And you know how he acts.

Yeah, I'd agree that they have spies. I mean, despite not having an official army, theres's still more than the Shepherds. We've got the pegasus unit(s) that Cordelia was part of before they were slaughtered or captured and the combat monks Libra hails from. Aside from that, I think at least one injured soldier appears in one of the first few paralogues (which, I admit, could just be a mercenary or militia, but he's still worth considering).

Yeah, I'd agree that they have spies. I mean, despite not having an official army, theres's still more than the Shepherds. We've got the pegasus unit(s) that Cordelia was part of before they were slaughtered or captured and the combat monks Libra hails from. Aside from that, I think at least one injured soldier appears in one of the first few paralogues (which, I admit, could just be a mercenary or militia, but he's still worth considering).

i wonder if thoses ever got replaced after they were slaughtered

Actually in chapter 9 of Awakening, Basilio sent a spy into Plegia to hear in on Aversa and Gangrel. That's how they knew when to strike on that day. Although, I want to meet the writers of Awakening and ask how they came up with half the crap they wrote. They should of taken a lesson from POR's writers on how to deal with war and politicI

I hate this scene. The spy says that he "heard it from the king's own lips". Only one problem, how would one get into a meeting with the KING? I don't care how good he is, that would be nigh impossible. Yet another plot hole that could have at least been explained away, which still wouldn't have been good, but it would have been better than completely ignoring it.

Didn't Cordelia become captain of the new Pegasus units in her ending?

she might've, i can't recall tho.

I hate this scene. The spy says that he "heard it from the king's own lips". Only one problem, how would one get into a meeting with the KING? I don't care how good he is, that would be nigh impossible. Yet another plot hole that could have at least been explained away, which still wouldn't have been good, but it would have been better than completely ignoring it.

maybe he was hanging from the ceiling and noone looked up?

but you are right now that you mention it tho.

Most plausible solution: The spy is full of shit/embellishing things. I don't think Gangrel's the type to have "a voice so loud that half the kingdom can hear him when he whispers" as a flaw.

Remember, Gangrel at his best(Lunatic mode) has a SKL and SPD stat of 29. The Assassin most likely had 34 or higher. Plus Assassins learn the pass skill at level 15. That explains how he was able to pass the guards.

Edited by Advance Gamer

Remember, Gangrel at his best(Lunatic mode) has a SKL and SPD stat of 29. The Assassin most likely had 34 or higher. Plus Assassins learn the pass skill at level 15. That explains how he was able to pass the guards.

Why thats just baseless why would the assassin be level 15 why wont the gaurd attacks him when they saw him pass

Use logic

Edited by TTPK_Tal

Why thats just baseless why would the assassin be level 15 why wont the gaurd attacks him when they saw him pass

Use logic

The whole point of a spy is to go undetected. The guards didn't attack him because they didn't see him.

I hate this scene. The spy says that he "heard it from the king's own lips". Only one problem, how would one get into a meeting with the KING? I don't care how good he is, that would be nigh impossible.

Perhaps he was outside the meeting room, listening through the keyhole. That would still qualify as "heard it from the king's own lips".

Yet another plot hole that could have at least been explained away, which still wouldn't have been good, but it would have been better than completely ignoring it.

I don't see why every little detail of what happened needs to be explicitly explained to the player.

Seriously, do you have no imagination at all or something?

Edited by NinjaMonkey

Perhaps he was outside the meeting room, listening through the keyhole. That would still qualify as "heard it from the king's own lips".

I don't see why every little detail of what happened needs to be explicitly explained to the player.

Seriously, do you have no imagination at all or something?

There is a thing called plot

Your imagination means nothing cuz it wasnt explained nor it was obvious

Edited by TTPK_Tal

Like I said, they don't have to explain every trifling little detail. Besides, it's not important how the spy heard Gangrel spouting off, just that he did hear him.

Edited by NinjaMonkey