A thread with sprites in it. I guess.

vilkalizer

Hi. I did some sprites.

r8tZfi5.gif

A character from a completely different game, because why not? Wish I could say it's completely custom made, but the head and left boot are stolen.

(Not exactly standard FE colours; I did a quick emblem-ized version but yeech. I'd have to fiddle with it more, but that will have to wait until I'm happy with the... everything else.)

Bgf77v9.gif

Old dude with a stick. It's actually pretty old, so I don't remember if it's entirely custom or if the boots are stolen again. Boots are hard.

I'd like to try animating them at some point... but first I want to make sure there aren't any glaring issues with the design. But, I've been staring at them for far too long and need some fresh eyes... So yeah, any criticism would be welcome!

CzNBnr6.gif

(Or you can just enjoy this concept image of an alternate reality where Ephraim gained axes instead of a horse when he promoted.)

Edited by vilkalizer

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol now we need Erika singing and maybe Lyon on the drums...their band can be called Sacred Rocks. Or Sacred Stoners. Pick your favorite.

The old guy with the stick looks more like an old guy with a baseball bat. But that's all the critique I have.

Glad you guys are enjoying Ephraim's rad tunes.

Lol now we need Erika singing and maybe Lyon on the drums...their band can be called Sacred Rocks. Or Sacred Stoners. Pick your favorite.

The old guy with the stick looks more like an old guy with a baseball bat. But that's all the critique I have.

RoUHmrn.gif

No Lyon on drums, unfortunately...

SJnHumM.gif

...so here's Ross playing the cello instead.

Not sure how I could make the stick look less like a bat.

Dat Ephraim. :o

He might be playing that guitar a bit TOO fast, but that is the shit right there!

There's no such thing as "too fast" when it comes to guitars!

Edited by vilkalizer

Good sprite and amazing animation!

Errant's right though; his proportions are a little bit off.

kofEg5M.png

Here he is compared to Ephraim and although your character is bent over he's still taller.

Standing straight he'd be at least a full head taller. Maybe try shortening his legs just a bit.

Also FE sprites have shadows included.

Edited by Lt.Smirks

although your character is bent over he's still taller

Actually, my sprite is exactly as tall as Ephraim's.

ZHzNxPu.png

So he would be a bit taller standing up straight, but don't think he'd be outrageously so. I'm definitely up for making him shorter if it'll look better, though!

ZZaH739.png

Took one pixel off the legs, one off the torso. And next to Ephraim again:

WeGMQLD.png

Does that improve matters?

I know about the shadows, but I figure I'll add those once I'm happy with the rest of it.

he is still quite tall though. Ephraim is standing up straight. and your sprite is hunched over and his knees are also slightly bend. If he was up straight was well. it looks like he'd be as tall as a general. If that's not the height you were going for then that could pose a problem/

What Ghast said... Yeah, like his proportions are actually quite good in the original sprite. The only problem is it doesn't quite fit with typical GBA Fire Emblem's proportions. Its pretty common when making full custom to have to work on getting it just right with those. :)

But yeah, its good proportions actually, just not quite matching the style just yet. But what height are you wanting when he is fully standing up? Something close to Hector or the other Lords?

I'll try to have a more specific image once I can get on my computer at home... In the meantime here's a general idea of proportions I have observed. (Note: custom sprites are property of Levy)

PROPORTIONS-FireEmblem_zps4189f4ac.png