A thread with sprites in it. I guess.

vilkalizer

:D:

That soldier is just so boned. Nice work! I like it!

Tell me about it. If he survived that crit, he would have had to change his name to A. Boned Soldier and move to Boned Street in the Boned Zone.

Evil laugh works so well...

Only change/fix would be one more angle on the original axe animation, like Lyn... but eh, not especially necessary. Looks nice. :)

We'll see. I'm inclined to let it stay the way it is to match the laziness of the original sprite though...

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5aGrEhS.gif

First attempt at mug splicing, went about as well as expected... These were the organ donors.

And while I'm working on shit that does not suck ,

qBI4np3.png

...here's another older thing I dug up. I think it was inspired by a cartoon from Taiwan about people pretending to be Spider-man, but I might be misremembering things.

So no pointers on what's wrong with the mug, then?

lvGtduM.gif

Played around a bit with Yu. This is probably not going to happen. ...Not only because it looks like something that would be worn by a rugby player.

Tg3GBrw.gif

Some kind of knightly type thing, I dunno. (Also supposed to be tall.)

That knight looks like the start of a Nightmare from Soul Calibur sprite... >.>

Armor Yu is not bad...(make it green though? Or brown for better color blending?)

Love that Spiderman lady, looks classy. ;)

As for the face... Eh... I dunno, not the best to comment on mugs... It feel like the head is too big for the body. Shading is also odd... But hey, creative splice? :0

I say, keep at it, try again with some mugs and I am sure you will get the hang of it... You do some damn fine sprites, sir. :)

*almost wishes he could have Vilk animate some of his stuff XD*

Edited by TheErrantShepherd

Yeah, I can see the head/shoulder is mismatched now that you point it out... I'll try to keep it in mind if I do more mugs. (More of a battle-sprite type, I guess.)

That knight looks like the start of a Nightmare from Soul Calibur sprite... >.>

Not really familiar with that, so if so, it's accidental.

Armor Yu is not bad...(make it green though? Or brown for better color blending?)

w7jhgXM.gif

Better than blue, definitely.

As said before though, if I continue working on this, it's probably not going to include armour.

*almost wishes he could have Vilk animate some of his stuff XD*

what kind of stuff <_<

the girl looks like she'll fit into Shingeki no Kyojin/Attack on Titan imo.

That may have had something to do with it, yes.

9HxBFXU.gif

(It's pretty old.)

Eh, it was okay, but the updates were too slow so I eventually couldn't remember why I was reading it in the first place. Maybe once it finishes...

lx1jw4R.png

Very unfinished. That's all I got done for the splice thing this time. I'll see if I'll keep working at it, I guess.

Yeah, I can see the head/shoulder is mismatched now that you point it out... I'll try to keep it in mind if I do more mugs. (More of a battle-sprite type, I guess.)

nothing wrong with that, I need to improve on my mugs too, it just takes practice... we all have our areas if weakness, and strengths. Like, a ton of people on here would kill for some of your animation skills... As they are some damn fine skills. :D

Not really familiar with that, so if so, it's accidental.

Soul Calibur and Nightmare in particular are pretty sweet, bud. Especially SC3 or SC5 for the character creation...

w7jhgXM.gif

Better than blue, definitely.

As said before though, if I continue working on this, it's probably not going to include armour.

yeah, those colors look better. Perhaps armor on only one shoulder might look good? Yu usually has something like that in his designs.

what kind of stuff <_<

Sexy time stuff Hah... Nah, just some of my different concepts like the Villager design or Fighter redesign would be cool to see in an animated form. But I should get working on those animations myself. ;)

That may have had something to do with it, yes.9HxBFXU.gif

(It's pretty old.)

Still pretty fun, and enjoyable to watch! Maybe more so than the show/manga itself... ;p

That writhing wrys... Wrrrrrry!?! XP

Splice looks like a decent start. Honestly think the problem last time was the side profile was maybe a bit too ambitious for the mug, as side profiles are hard in general to get right, and aside from the anatomy issues the design was a bit plain.

Going with a 3/4 design/head angle is a step in the right direction as there are a ton of mugs you can reference to get it looking really good.

As for the design ifself...seems like a decent start, though the hairstyle isn't super appealing. Maybe some more hanging strands of hair in the design would spice up her hairstyle a bit? Curious what your outfit design would have been as well.

Anyways, some good good stuff as usual vilk, keep it up. :)

Edited by TheErrantShepherd

It might have been too ambitious, but I doubt I'd have tried at all if I didn't get an ambitious idea. Aim for the moon, and all that? ...Maybe.

For the new one, I wanted to get the hair out of her face since both the female bases had it hanging down in front. Didn't get around to deciding what to do with the rest of it, though.

v6xpZJl.gif

Entry for the crossover battle sprite challenge, aka the thing I spent most of last week on... Don't really have anything else to show off here; kinda had to rest my fingers after that.

Currently wrestling with spell animations. It sucks just as much as I remember, oh god why.

Edit: Actually did something.

o6IlLxn.gif

VwMzUJM.gif

Quick and dirty FE6 dancer with staff edit. Downloadable here.

Edited by vilkalizer

Dodge looks good! Arms are bugging me on the staff raise/standing though. :\

That MT animation was ridiculously smooth though bud, nice work there! Though, the proportions were a bit off, even in reference to the original art... More so for the avatar form, where his arms just look a bit stubby at points. Human form looked fine to me though.

^

The arms are mostly just pulled from the original dancing animation, but I can certainly try fixing them if you point out something specific.

how come you fast forward things slightly in your gifs?

I only convert the video VBA spits out. The timing is what it gives me.

• 5 months later...

wait fuck has it been that long already

I mean

look, a distraction!

SfOGbWP.gif

So I may or may not have played FE6 for the first time and documented the attempt.

I may also have abused FEditor a whole bunch in the process.

JqJg7jw.gif

Some of it involved archers.

oUwyUAH.gif

Kind of a lot of it, actually.

x9Tfkpq.gif

Somewhere along the line, Marcus became

jvlJkDG.png
YvvAJHC.gif

the Legendary Super Jeigan.

UiWUUrV.gif

Also, Jojo references. (Roy's stand is probably named Battleaxe.)

...So how was your summer?

Sadly I can't get the reference (if there's one) in the gif with Narcian and Murdock with ROY'S BOYS.

But all of your stuff is awesome! I was very impressed by Kung Fu Lucius, and those FE6 gifs rock. I was wondering who made that awesome Roy gif with the Armads, and I'm glad I know now!