TheMoniker plays all of Markyjoe's crap(ALIVE ONCE MORE)

TheMoniker

Let's skip the intro and get straight to...

Old Fire Mumblem: Episode 3: Episode 3: Part 2: Who even designed this house it must take like an hour just to talk to the kitchen

dIf8cgT.png

Lyn totally survives the peg, and we own the knight that attacked Raven, netting another bit of loot in the process!

csmfQs5.png

Serra has DOUBLE LYN'S DEFENSE! Wow!

u1RoNHq.pngnR5aKL3.png

Oh hey, turns out this corridor had an EXTRA knight!

i84nPdW.pngAWZYsFt.png

Isadorabat continues.

BNVUyR9.png

And Nino totally owns that knight.

6ISuCUM.png

The reinforcements are still coming, even if you can't see them.

pQw3k2c.png

We got this totally awesome weapon! Luckily, Eliwood starts with a B in swords for some reason, so we can use this!

YQrlK0u.png

Good crit!

qlLQzsB.png

BAD CRIT

2J4zaar.png

APOLOGY NOT ACCEPTED

RzO0dZv.png

Second try, I decide to forgive Lyn. The ability to split into three must be useful when...you know...

BtAED2x.png

No, this wasn't a follow-up to the first crit. This was a SECOND crit. On a totally different myrm. Yup.

60sNv7I.png

Everything but defense and luck! YAY!

71VIV93.png

Isadora missed her attack, she was too busy BEING FABULOUS

3k48cwZ.png

Oh yeah, THIS is why you have to hurry to get to Isadora. Before long, she simply runs out of items!

LQp7syy.png

Good thing we arrived JUST IN TIME!

jrbmX8J.png

Isadora: Lord Eliwood?

Eliwood: What are you doing here?

Isadora: I came to eavesdrop on the boss’s plan. He wishes to drive you out of the stronghold!

Eliwood: Oh. So did you try stopping him?

Isadora: …

Eliwood: I see… Very well. We shall work together then.

Uhhhh?

Isadora: I hope my fail doesn’t get in your way…

Eliwood: Huh? What are you talking about Isadora? Did you even look at your stat growths in this mod?

Isadora: Oh? No, I haven’t

Eliwood: They’re godly!

Isadora: Wha!? Really!?

Eliwood: Yeah. Your base stats may suck, but your stat growths got a HUGE boost!

Isadora: Sweet! I take back what I said about you, Markyjoe!

XiUSOYk.png

She's on our side now! However, I have to say something about her stat growths: I think that they were, in fact, buffed. However, here's the thing: SHE STILL ISN'T A GOOD UNIT! She still has only-acceptable-for-a-few-chapters bases, and due to being promoted, she gains XP TOO SLOW to be worth training, even if she MIGHT conceivably turn out okay in the long run! So yeah, not really using her, at least not anytime soon.

o3cXgqR.png

Serra lays down another torch to find...NOTHING! Seriously, this house is SO empty...

SyZf9hl.png

Oh, and above that really big room is this weird empty room that doesn't appear to be connected to anything. WHAT COULD BE INSIDE?

KpBAP4h.png

Nino finished her adventure through the SUPER LONG HALLWAY too! No idea who gets these, I'll decide later.

mtd6VuP.png

Isadora will pretty much be an unarmed tank for right now.

PgAxubU.png

Oh, nice! See, Florina CAN get good levels now!

yjlLksy.png

Eliwood rises up into the air to cast the SUPER SPELL OF PAIN!

klzKyYN.png

This inflicts all enemies with the MISSING CURSE!

g0p9Qgr.png

They are now VERY EASY to defeat!

YZJIq0S.png

Eliwood also siphons some of their power for a good level!

WQ4LXEv.png

And he even loans some of it to Wil! I see everyone's pitying this poor fool now!

CBJMTSk.png

See, he got rich!

y5w6wgZ.pngjGrC29S.png

We get some...MAGICAL...levels!

y6gvFTl.png

MAGE ATTACK!

xvrrCAV.png

As you can see, we're nearly to the boss room!

IbeVv9J.png

Another torch reveals...

SwNdX8v.pngW6LC50B.png

THE AMAZING CLONE DORCAS'S

Of which there are only two for some reason.

These won't be hard to take care of.

hxPJ04s.png

The AMAZING UNARMED TANK rides up into the room!

G1Kw28u.png

Another knight! And he's carrying...

2f4H8Ob.png

GASP

A PROMOTION ITEM

THIS IS TOTALLY THE RIGHT TIME TO START GETTING THOSE

umShJdr.png

Apparently the miss curse is still in effect!

8XpX0EF.png

Hector goes WATERCOLOR to pound this guy all the harder!

0K68kxJ.png

And gets thwompier!

1VQvgg5.png

Hmmm...do I still need a Heaven Seal to promote the lords? I think yes.

ljpPX43.png

OH NO, THE MISS CURSE WORE OFF

fEgUtuF.png

We're still getting good levels, though!

tg3ZJx1.png

These guys are so easy to kill, Wil can deal with them!

ehtrL5h.pngs3yX1h0.png

Eliwood re-casts the miss curse.

POb4vGD.png

And again uses it to help Wil! Come on, Eliwood! Is it really worth it to try and salvage this guy?

vF0dbnx.png

THE BOSS APPEARS

V9VEaDf.pngnRNlBxr.png

"Duty is everything to him"

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU DON'T ALTER DESCRIPTIONS

Anyways, this guy really isn't hard to deal with.

83DK4es.png

All you have to do is chip with your 2-range users!

ecclGao.png

GLITCHING OUT TO HIT IS CHEATING, BARTRE

eXzDwq3.png

I use my MASTER PLAN, giving Isadora Florina's lance a-wait, they have a talk?

jcJKwyw.pngso8CaML.pngRsCgrme.png

Bartre: Seriously, I’ve got a no pizza Swordslayer! What’s the worst they can do?

Isadora: How about steal your TV?

PTqxAkn.png

Bartre: You too, Isahugs!

Isadora: Isa…hugs…? That’s IT! IT’S TIME FOR YOU TO GET ANAL BACKRUBBING FROM MY SWORD!

But she doesn't have-

iXaMEB5.pngH2eXtHV.png

Isadora: Oh yeah. I left it in my pants pocket.

WELL OKAY THEN

rIzSbsX.pngwVdHSvh.png

If the RNG goes her way, Isadora can actually win on her own!

Still, giving her the kill would be a bad idea, so I instead give it to...

B9xYTQ7.png

THE BLACK GUY

GASP

I'm totally gonna kill him off at the end of the LP

OVfL1lJ.png

Bartre: Your weapon. It feels like a bad episode of Spongebob!

Aren't they ALL bad these days?

uqtVZLi.png

JUST WHAT I'D EXPECT FROM A no, no, not gonna make that joke...

JgAvho7.png

Let's leave!

TXfqxSn.png

Such a good reward! Totally worth it!

Hector: Mango yeah!

Lyn: Yay! TV!

Nclz7ny.png

AVERT YOUR EYES CHILDREN

THIS WILL RUIN YOUR MINDS

Bartre: And it’s all your fault!!!

n5AnkwO.png

Isadora: Sharing is fun!

Hey! I'm your ENEMY! YOU'RE the one who sent a large a

Bartre: Shut up! Sharing sucks!

UiwXehj.png

I don't know, Bartre might be right! Look what happened when Markyjoe shared this hack!

kFlsUQZ.pngvfMyFBS.pngpuh7a4w.png

Everyone is racist including but me!

PDjw4SO.png

This...This has to be the WEIRDEST CHAPTER/EPISODE TITLE I'VE EVER SEEN! What?

NEXT TIME: A *slightly* smaller map, and by far the most explicit dialogue in the hack!

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Episode 3 reply part 1.

copypastereinforcements.png

That's actually a totally awesome image! Who made it? Was it you or someone else?

I literally made it yesterday while I was typing up my reply. I made the map in Tiled, the unit placements in Eventiel, and then I screenshotted it into Paint.net.

Feel free to use it. I'm sure you'll want to in the future.

Oh dear. It would be entertaining if it had an objective like "FIND THE TV", but no, this is a seize throne mission.

If I was working on Fire Mumblem today, I would take that comment to heart. Episode 3 would have a TV "unit" that you have to "talk" to in order to complete the chapter.

Though, I would have to make it an enemy unit so that you wouldn't be able to see it... Which means the player could attack and possibly destroy it. So I guess I'd have to make an alternate ending for that.

Wait, why don't they all just drive to a motel or something? Come to think of it, what is even their OBJECTIVE? Are they really just running around killing everyone in their path?

Old Fire Mumblem doesn't really have a plot, which makes sense since it was just me testing the waters and experimenting. It's not until Revised Edition that there is some indication of "purpose".

1Toa2rO.png

*GASP*

I didn't even NOTICE until now! SUCH A PLOT TWIST!

Eliwood: WHAT DID YOU SAY, CANAS?

Canas: Im just as surprised as you are.

FmSRi3k.png

This scene... is a very pivotal moment in my hacking "career". I'm gonna speak to BuringPenitentEngine. If he gives me the okay, I'll post a bit of history and what happened when I released this Episode to BuringPenitentEngine. For now... happy thoughts.

Bartre(???): Lol pal, unless you dont want bacon, I suggest you Go out there and stop them from taking my HD TV! Understood?

"Lol pal?" I wrote that? Dammit...

The Dorcas's actually move up and down while saying "GARBLE". It's kinda funny.

Kinda funny!? YES! That means I've won the "Kinda Funny" award!!

W745gKv.png

Why is it HIS fault? You're the one who brought a Light Brand to a Swordslayer fight, and then used it at 1 range!

Ah, but Moniker.

Who gave her that weapon and programmed her to fight him?

6xxj9sn.png

D66deIg.png

5him8O1.png

avhnnLy.png

Yeah, there's obviously some horizontal room I didn't show, but THIS is what I have to walk through! Four screens of PAIN! And it makes me trek plenty of horizontal distance too!

tJUp8iJ.pngmuS4HjG.png

The map is so big, you can't even see it all at once on the start screen!

One of the first ever "Long Winding Path" chapters in FE hack history, and unfortunately, far from the last!

kBmpMUc.png

The one knight we can see has BOOTS! Basically, the gimmick of this chapter is that all the side-corridors have knights in them, and all the knights have goodies on them! So yeah, you have to dispatch teams down those passages or miss stuff! Fun!

Remember when I said map changes were really hard while I was working on this? Originally, I wanted the chapter to have treasure chests. Problem was, map changes were only doable with a hex editor, and I found it very confusing. So I did this instead.

aNSSOSe.pngnkL6PQN.png

Serra is our healer, which we will definitely need. I think she got buffed, because she was getting actually good levels when I was using her, and she has a Torch, which will be very helpful during this chapter!

And no, I will NOT do the Torch Glitch. At least...not yet.

I know of many glitches in FE7, but what is the Torch Glitch?

lOvpSBA.pngGSVSDJ7.png

She's still injured, and she has bad stats and an okay weapon. I'll explain more about her as we go.

I know those aren't, like, Marcus-level stats, but they're still pretty good. If I remember right, she also has really good weapon ranks to boot. Certainly one of the more viable units in this hack.

KwazMvM.png

A...wall of PEG KNIGHTS? What?

Gotta balance da gaem so Wil is gewd, man. Actually, I have no idea what I was thinking.

CfHLYwr.pngCsV1vnj.png

Well, they don't last long! And yes, Wil got ANOTHER terrible level.

Alright. Let's put this Wil thing to rest once and for all.

Just what exactly did I change about Wil?

Let's check the growths in Nightmare!

Wil in OFM

HP: 75%

STR: 50%

SKL: 50%

SPD: 40%

LCK: 40%

DEF: 20%

RES: 25%

Aaaand looking at the growths shown on Serenes, Wil's growths are...

... Exactly the same.

But what about bases!?

Wil in FE7

LVL: 2

HP: 20

STR: 6

SKL: 5

SPD: 5

LCK: 6

DEF: 5

RES: 0

CON: 6

Wil in OFM

LVL: 1

STR: 5

SKL: 4

SPD: 4

LCK: 4

DEF: 3

RES: 2

Are you serious, Past Markyjoe? Are you freaking serious!?

PcqMRJ7.png

Holy crap, PEGS HAVE CANTO...for some reason...

No, really, I killed an enemy and Florina could move again. She doesn't display this power later on, so...yeah. The only thing that could explain it is that Florina happens to be on the spot Serra nailed with her torch, and if that's actually what caused this, then someone needs to make a ragefest requiring the tactic.

Note to self: Remember this LP for next Ragefest.

fuhNTcx.png

Nino is gonna be a SPEED DEMON!

Y'know. In my recent Aria of Sorrow stream, whenever I asked out loud for something to happen, it happened. This is very coincidental.

BAKzmQc.png

Wil, you put three levels into basically gaining JUST SKILL, and then you MISS ANYWAY. I don't think it's POSSIBLE for a unit worse than you to even EXIST!

Based on the data from before? I have no doubt in my mind that Wil is the worst unit in this hack by leaps and bounds.

a79okoP.png

Serra lays down another torch. Honestly, for being so huge this mansion is SHOCKINGLY empty!

Bartre does not have many belongings.

This took me way too long to write up... *sigh*

Edited by MarkyJoe1990

Part 2!

csmfQs5.png

Serra has DOUBLE LYN'S DEFENSE! Wow!

I did more digging and realized something.

Serra's base defense was buffed in this hack.

WHY!?

pQw3k2c.png

We got this totally awesome weapon! Luckily, Eliwood starts with a B in swords for some reason, so we can use this!

Between the Light Brand, Rapier, and this, I'm now very sure that Eliwood is one of the best units in this hack.

RzO0dZv.png

Second try, I decide to forgive Lyn. The ability to split into three must be useful when...you know...

LYN USED DOUBLE TEAM

60sNv7I.png

Everything but defense and luck! YAY!

Lyn's defense growth is 20%. On average, she should have 3.6 defense at this point.

You are getting screwed hard man.

jrbmX8J.png

Isadora: Lord Eliwood?

Eliwood: What are you doing here?

Isadora: I came to eavesdrop on the bosss plan. He wishes to drive you out of the stronghold!

Eliwood: Oh. So did you try stopping him?

Isadora:

Eliwood: I see Very well. We shall work together then.

Uhhhh?

Her silence is supposed to tip Eliwood off that she failed. Too subtle, perhaps?

XiUSOYk.png

She's on our side now! However, I have to say something about her stat growths: I think that they were, in fact, buffed. However, here's the thing: SHE STILL ISN'T A GOOD UNIT! She still has only-acceptable-for-a-few-chapters bases, and due to being promoted, she gains XP TOO SLOW to be worth training, even if she MIGHT conceivably turn out okay in the long run! So yeah, not really using her, at least not anytime soon.

They are super buffed, but not to Sedgar/Karel-like levels. But still, I think she's perfectly viable. I'd have to replay the hack to see though. I know the enemies get pretty nuts near the end.

2f4H8Ob.png

GASP

A PROMOTION ITEM

THIS IS TOTALLY THE RIGHT TIME TO START GETTING THOSE

So. Fun fact about this hack. I didn't like getting class-specific promotion items in the original game, so that's why these are the only things you ever get in this hack.

1VQvgg5.png

Hmmm...do I still need a Heaven Seal to promote the lords? I think yes.

Actually... I think I changed it so the Earth Seal works on the lords too.

fEgUtuF.png

We're still getting good levels, though!

Holy cow! 12 Speed!? I checked her growths. You are getting super blessed with her!

V9VEaDf.pngnRNlBxr.png

"Duty is everything to him"

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU DON'T ALTER DESCRIPTIONS

Let's just pretend that Bartre's duty in this hack is cloning Dorcas, and that today is his day off.

But she doesn't have-

iXaMEB5.pngH2eXtHV.png

Isadora: Oh yeah. I left it in my pants pocket.

WELL OKAY THEN

This was a pretty good idea in my opinion. The chapter sets up bad blood between these two, and I gave the player a way to give Isadora the upper hand.

Of course, you could always just toss that Eliwood's way and ruin the drama. ;-;

OVfL1lJ.png

Bartre: Your weapon. It feels like a bad episode of Spongebob!

Aren't they ALL bad these days?

Ever since the Spongebob movie, they've gotten really bad...

UiwXehj.png

I don't know, Bartre might be right! Look what happened when Markyjoe shared this hack!

Eh! *shrug* It's a pretty harmless amateur project when you get down to it.

PDjw4SO.png

This...This has to be the WEIRDEST CHAPTER/EPISODE TITLE I'VE EVER SEEN! What?

I wasn't really sure what to call it. It's not a very notable chapter honestly.

NEXT TIME: A *slightly* smaller map, and by far the most explicit dialogue in the hack!

Are you sure? Episode 5 is... quite raunchy.

I probably won't have much to say in Episode 4. Episode 5 on the other hand... Prepare for loads of TMI, possibly some sad personal stories, and equal amounts of prideful boasting and facepalming.

Edited by MarkyJoe1990

my response to the black jokes

dIhlWV5.png

really?

Episode 3 reply part 1.
aNSSOSe.pngnkL6PQN.png

Serra is our healer, which we will definitely need. I think she got buffed, because she was getting actually good levels when I was using her, and she has a Torch, which will be very helpful during this chapter!

And no, I will NOT do the Torch Glitch. At least...not yet.

sounds like you have some required reading to do.

Wf1xjHk.png
the homies
XGsSW1K.png
the tranny is ready
MdRiZ2f.pngIUWPdXo.png
magic tank and staff bot.
POshBgD.png
getting out of this guy's range. you will see why
UiIDt2S.png
this beautiful motherfucker is the target for this mission.
HWhGpa0.png
everybody safe
7tl6R7R.png
shit level lucius cmon
PcSVu3q.png
merlinus here and out of range too.
RQHBrpu.png
muhahahahaha perfect
uHlMpaB.png
meet the most broken and best item in the game now that I can use exploits. now to see if it works...
UqW1qOV.png
mer ex it to the tranny.
d1gRnyZ.png
package received
sc8JUoc.png
torch in front of lowen.
4g7Oib3.pngDjJpMJK.png
this is the guy.
7EQIf5X.png
now we wait.
W2Ga6Du.png
perfect.
F4ZCgK8.png
reset
IHiZaE9.png
lkMGogO.gif
and IT WORKED! HOUSTON WE HAVE TORCH GILTCH
svgwJxK.png
so allow me to explain.
JOvOD9Z.pngHTMReqx.png
turns out there is more than one way to activate the mine glitch.
EhUgKva.png
the way I understood it from SDA's speedrun of Fe8 (poor runner failed cause rng fucked him with the weakest seth ever), using the mine on the selected tile changes it and makes it a "special tile".
ECH4911.png2EnspRX.pngpFAjhtn.png
OOBo9hB.pngRJQbLj7.png
as most of us know, if a enemy steps on that tile and you reset before it completely grey's out. you get to control the enemy side.
nsqDLgq.png3kRyZ2G.pngLEFjHAX.png
turns out, the torch staff does the same thing. only reason why you can't do it with a normal torch cause your unit is already on the tile and ruins the effect. plus you are already controlling your side so no point.
OoIg86j.png8iHVEqF.pngspo06im.png
HTQxn5h.png
So whatever tile you selected, it becomes "special" like the mine tiles which means you can treat it the same way.
EgxNnhk.pngmfVRriU.pngIyekXeC.png
wait til the enemy steps on it, then reset before it grey's out and BOOM! you now get to break every fog of war and night of war chapter. (the torch staff only works in fog so no, you can't break every chapter with it.) Basically the staff is a long distance 10 use mine. awesome right?
jij2ZiD.png
fuck your bolting with goodies gimmick klok. wahahahahahahahaa

I took that from my lp cause laziness and it explains it. lunatic screamer explains it as well. I learned it from a speedrun of fe8 youtube vid and the first person to document it was apparently dondon151.

don't mind telling you this because there is no way in hell I am giving you a torch staff in future ragefest hacks

Edited by MrNight48

Episode 3 reply part 1.

FmSRi3k.png

This scene... is a very pivotal moment in my hacking "career". I'm gonna speak to BuringPenitentEngine. If he gives me the okay, I'll post a bit of history and what happened when I released this Episode to BuringPenitentEngine. For now... happy thoughts.

Hmmm...I honestly hope he gives you the okay, because I'm curious now.

Kinda funny!? YES! That means I've won the "Kinda Funny" award!!

Keep it up, and you'll go on to win the "sorta funny" award, and maybe even the "pretty funny" prize!

Remember when I said map changes were really hard while I was working on this? Originally, I wanted the chapter to have treasure chests. Problem was, map changes were only doable with a hex editor, and I found it very confusing. So I did this instead.

That's actually interesting! I kinda like it better than treasure chests, because we get MORE XP.

I was gonna explain, but Mr. Night beat me to it! Skim through his shameless plug, and UNDERSTANDING WILL HAPPEN. Probably.

Wil in OFM

LVL: 1

STR: 5

SKL: 4

SPD: 4

LCK: 4

DEF: 3

RES: 2

Are you serious, Past Markyjoe? Are you freaking serious!?

That moment when you think you buffed a unit, but actually nerfed it...

Part 2!

Actually... I think I changed it so the Earth Seal works on the lords too.

I'll definitely have to promote them at some point, then.

Are you sure? Episode 5 is... quite raunchy.

This is very true, but this chapter contains the ultimate Raven/Lucius fanfiction...

Responses!

Let's skip the intro and gets straight to...

Old Fire Mumblem: Episode 4: Episode 4: Part 1: Much Unremarkableness

xC22pqJ.pngCkY2S6h.png

There are two generals, and one gives a hint to a relatively useless mechanic. Makes sense.

f3jwe8P.png

Here we are!

DXp5Jtm.png

Eliwood: I’m totally ready for this one, I swear!

9sPHFor.png

Hector: Let’s show that evil hacker who’s boss!

Eliwood: Man! I feel great! That Viagra really helped with my erectile dysfunction last night!

5jF0LuP.png

The amount of NO COMMENT that I have is SIMPLY ASTOUNDING.

*Lyn leaves*

Eliwood: Ah. Now that my banana is happy my fighting skills are better than ever! What about you, Moniker? Is your banana happy today?

Uh...

xV2Aujj.png

OH CRAP, I HAVE A CHOICE

KgxXOgk.png

The answer is the same whether you pick yes or no. NO, I WILL NOT TELL YOU WHICH ONE I PICKED.

Eliwood: Well then, let’s be on our way!

mK2mrD2.png

That would be fun, but not quite yet.

aM4lnlD.png4lXFsm1.pngp5jcNxL.png

Enemies appear everywhere! Wait, who's in the castle?

VMWbdMC.png

*gasp* LUCIUS!

Reddier: Do you really need to do this NOW, Lucius?

Lucius(?): Hm? Did you just call me Lucius?

Reddier: Well… Yeah. That’s your name, isn’t it?

Lucius(???): Not anymore. Ever since my sex change, I prefer to be called Lucianna. I felt a more feminine name would be much more fitting than ‘Lucius’

WELL, OKAY THEN

0S1eRqH.png

MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY

Lucianna: Mm… Do you know where Raven is?

Reddier: No I’m afraid not.

Lucianna: Sigh… I really wish I could see him again… He’s a very special man to me.

Reddier: I’ve never met him so I wouldn’t know. Such is the fate of generic soldiers.

nLPto7g.png

Lucianna: Return to me safely.

END DIALOGUE

71wt6lR.png

And now we start!

ebKzKrO.pngXhB8tiM.png

b5TjwT8.pngt9H4dnY.png

Are my maps not just THE MOST BEAUTIFUL THING EVER?

5rxOXiD.png

As usual, there was some horizontal room I couldn't show. This map has more enemies, but is still quite huge. And we have to track down every last enemy and kill them. Hooray!

pdl2CiR.png

The enemies are all really weak, but they're LEVEL 13! Seriously, with this kind of inflation, most of my guys are gaining 50 XP per kill!

NYh7r0D.png

Oh, and we have the RETURN OF THE FLAME SPEAR, with a bad description! Only 2 of the pegs have it.

K16lpy5.png

Hanging out at one of the castles is...Bauker, apparently.

H24blA6.pngCFimzkJ.png

I...don't think he'll be that difficult.

3MaYbhH.png

Legault is hanging out at the other castle! Yet another FE7 character we have to murder!

kCSzdOM.pngYtrmilY.png

So yeah, he's definitely WEAK, but he still manages to be BS, because due to silencer and the Wo Dao, he will ALWAYS have a chance to one-shot you. There's an item you can buy that mitigates it, but...still.

cMKidND.png

Oh, and the mage on the fort has bolting! Not that bad on it's own, but he's gonna MOVE TOWARDS US.

kUV60n6.pngg7rEVVF.png

See those cavs hanging out on the forts? That's right...

5nQsOYO.pngxHGA0Gw.pngb0BIzKa.png

RETURN OF THE PHANTOMS! And they're carrying goodies!

Okay, that's all there is to show! Let's get started!

8YpLh1V.png

The first turn passes uneventfully, that is, we pull back to try to avoid the pegs. But they don't end up moving...

MsO5NXD.png

The first wave of enemies reaches us.

1JJ7tMd.png

The pegs don't even move if you're in their range?

You see, these guys are actually on a turn timer for their movement! At a certain point, they'll try to charge us! It's actually really troll-y, because you KNOW the pegs are gonna move, but you don't know WHEN, and the tension just MOUNTS...

MWDU0lV.png73cKEDR.png

A bunch of enemies come. However, believe it or not, these reinforcements are ONLY ONE WAVE! There's another one later, but it's ACTUALLY DIFFERENT! Hurrah!

niWCPnr.png

She's getting strength-blessed, isn't she?

9FABQPC.png

Uh oh! Isadora is in range of ALL the cavaliers! SHE CAN'T POSSIBLY SURV-

tkc3zVA.pngVhtZK12.pngFH8XtLb.pngRxnVpgd.pngh0obbOS.png

HOLY CRAP

So, maybe, just maybe, I should at least TRY to use Isadora...

DUm2Fv7.png

Not that great...

kAA7r80.png

You know Wil, using you and making you good has kind of become a challenge at this point. A challenge to myself. Which I accept.

PS75yBM.png

Serra heals the victorious Isadora...

jw8IDik.png

Huh?

So, this fort randomly has a swordslayer on it. Okay then.

BETTER CHECK ALL THE FORTS FOR MORE STUFF

KRd2HcM.pngui5ZJjB.png

Bolting guy reaches us, so I dispatch Isadora to ride ahead and take him out! Since, you know, she has actual MOV.

mrEroVO.png

Oh man, turns out that Phantoms move!

SPAUrhY.png

Raven lures in the Bolting guy accidentally...

6cRffKi.png

Okay, now the bandit and shaman waves have reached us! If we beat them, we'll have pretty much a clear path to the bosses, but...the pegs still haven't moved...

Fdgs246.png

Nothing there!

kMfgQxh.pngnFqRVtv.png

One phantom down!

MKEZTSf.png

Bye, loser!

sr0AEot.png

Oh, dangit! Of COURSE you couldn't dodge even one!

pXstJYC.pnglt0K2bt.png

SEE!? CANAS CAN DODGE!!

QTv1T7i.png

AND THEN GAIN PERFECT LEVELS

DO YOU SEE NOW WIL

DO YOU SEE WHAT YOU ARE COMPETING AGAINST

NEXT TIME: We finish the chapter...

I really don't have much to say... considering MarkyJoe seems present... I don't feel right picking apart his *slightly awkward* hack all that much with him present.

That torch glitch is AWESOME, though. I simply must try that out... but how? Hmmm.... hehehehe... *Ahem* Right...

I really don't have much to say... considering MarkyJoe seems present... I don't feel right picking apart his *slightly awkward* hack all that much with him present.

Don't worry, dude. Fire away! I'm okay with it.

Episode 4 part 1 replies.

Eliwood: Man! I feel great! That Viagra really helped with my erectile dysfunction last night!

5jF0LuP.png

The amount of NO COMMENT that I have is SIMPLY ASTOUNDING.

=P

Eliwood: Ah. Now that my banana is happy my fighting skills are better than ever! What about you, Moniker? Is your banana happy today?

Uh...

KgxXOgk.png

The answer is the same whether you pick yes or no. NO, I WILL NOT TELL YOU WHICH ONE I PICKED.

Mine certainly was when you posted a new episode~ :P

Oops, here comes the mods.

VMWbdMC.png

*gasp* LUCIUS!

Lucius? Or Luscious?

Lucius(???): Not anymore. Ever since my sex change, I prefer to be called Lucianna. I felt a more feminine name would be much more fitting than Lucius

WELL, OKAY THEN

Just as a pre-emptive, I'm not into Lucius and I'm not a RavenxLucius enthusiast. I just wanted to be funny.

NYh7r0D.png

Oh, and we have the RETURN OF THE FLAME SPEAR, with a bad description! Only 2 of the pegs have it.

Eh? Why is that a bad description? It... well okay, I probably could have... well actually...

Yeah, I don't get why it's bad. =X

H24blA6.pngCFimzkJ.png

I...don't think he'll be that difficult.

Fun fact. A while ago, I went back and replayed this hack. I lost my marbles when I saw that description. XP

kCSzdOM.pngYtrmilY.png

So yeah, he's definitely WEAK, but he still manages to be BS, because due to silencer and the Wo Dao, he will ALWAYS have a chance to one-shot you. There's an item you can buy that mitigates it, but...still.

Hurray for luck-based design! A rare occurrence in a markyjoe hack, but also not the last!

cMKidND.png

Oh, and the mage on the fort has bolting! Not that bad on it's own, but he's gonna MOVE TOWARDS US.

This guy always throws me off when I play this chapter cause I rarely check inventories.. I hate this guy!

5nQsOYO.pngxHGA0Gw.pngb0BIzKa.png

RETURN OF THE PHANTOMS! And they're carrying goodies!

Aaaagh. I wanna talk about Revised Edition's phantoms (or lack thereof) but I gotta wait. ;-;

1JJ7tMd.png

The pegs don't even move if you're in their range?

You see, these guys are actually on a turn timer for their movement! At a certain point, they'll try to charge us! It's actually really troll-y, because you KNOW the pegs are gonna move, but you don't know WHEN, and the tension just MOUNTS...

I'm not a fan of this kind of design. I should have made a cutscene where the peggies talk about waiting for the reinforcements to attack or something. Would have been a lot more fun.

tkc3zVA.pngVhtZK12.pngFH8XtLb.pngRxnVpgd.pngh0obbOS.png

HOLY CRAP

So, maybe, just maybe, I should at least TRY to use Isadora...

Isadora for high-tier!

kAA7r80.png

You know Wil, using you and making you good has kind of become a challenge at this point. A challenge to myself. Which I accept.

You are going to have a terrible time with Ep. 5 and 7 if you do. Good luck.

jw8IDik.png

Huh?

So, this fort randomly has a swordslayer on it. Okay then.

BETTER CHECK ALL THE FORTS FOR MORE STUFF

That... was exactly what I was hoping you would say.

This was not by any means intentional, and I don't like the concept, but I somehow managed to intuitively convey a chapter gimmick to the player, completely by accident.

Because of the placement of the cavaliers and fort, a natural response is to stand on the fort with someone like hector to take them on. When you receive the item, you naturally think "What the? This was on a fort? Maybe the others have stuff too"

And this is done without any kind of text explanation. Really clever design... but completely by accident.

... Plus it doesn't look like you did what typical players do. X_X

pXstJYC.pnglt0K2bt.png

SEE!? CANAS CAN DODGE!!

QTv1T7i.png

AND THEN GAIN PERFECT LEVELS

DO YOU SEE NOW WIL

DO YOU SEE WHAT YOU ARE COMPETING AGAINST

Wil must be feeling so much salt in his wounds...

Edited by MarkyJoe1990

NYh7r0D.png

Eh? Why is that a bad description? It... well okay, I probably could have... well actually...

Yeah, I don't get why it's bad. =X

Might be because of the mispelling and lack of a period. BECAUSE THAT'S ALL I CARE ABOUT WHEN LOOKING AT DESCRIPTIONS

You are going to have a terrible time with Ep. 5 and 7 if you do. Good luck.

But what if I don't plan on playing that pointless unfinished episode at the end?

That... was exactly what I was hoping you would say.

This was not by any means intentional, and I don't like the concept, but I somehow managed to intuitively convey a chapter gimmick to the player, completely by accident.

Because of the placement of the cavaliers and fort, a natural response is to stand on the fort with someone like hector to take them on. When you receive the item, you naturally think "What the? This was on a fort? Maybe the others have stuff too"

And this is done without any kind of text explanation. Really clever design... but completely by accident.

... Plus it doesn't look like you did what typical players do. X_X

Yeah, it is actually sorta funny. In all the terribleness of this hack, one gimmick is ACTUALLY DONE WELL, ENTIRELY BY ACCIDENT. It's weird.

Old Fire Mumblem: Episode 4: Episode 4: Part 2: Walking and Shopping

Gykj9Ah.png

These shamans are so scary. Hopefully, Eliwood will get better at resisting them!

AQPjwkQ.png

WRONG STAT, ELIWOOD!

kqkQyOE.pngwM3I2ol.png

Okay, we've cleared out the enemies, but neither of these two forts have anything.

Nwqt8E1.png

I WONDER WHAT GOOD THINGS WILL BE IN THE SHOPS

t2Ux5ua.png

...What?

So yeah. It's been a while since we last got a chance to stock up, and we get...expensive lord weapons. VERY NICE. It's a good thing we get the occasional free weapon, or we'd start running out!

The shop contains...

OsVC6Ta.png

AGH! I mean...THIS IS THE MOST OVERSPECIALIZED INVENTORY I'VE EVER SEEN!

And yes, I DO grab a Warp, even if Serra still has C staves.

HUfsHGx.png

Suddenly, MONK REINFORCEMENT!

YlWTrsY.pngQhT5fgh.png

GUESS WHO'S ON THE ENEMY SIDE?

msUMHdO.pngDIEtPmS.png

"Lucianna" is just a renamed and buffed Lucius. Guess who we need to recruit him?

adBK97B.png

I take Raven's weapons. Why? ...No reason.

mLA1bup.pngDq2JBfo.png

Oh sure pegs...move NOW...

6ENtsJT.png

Now we gotta fight them!

n8Cqavm.png

But first...

JWUZLOC.png

Raven: Lucius! It does my heart good to see that you’re still well!

Lucianna: …

Raven: Lucius? Why do you look so sad?

Lucianna: I don’t want to believe it… We’re on opposite sides.

Raven: So? Big deal. I’ll just recruit you onto our side and-…

Yeah! Wait...

Lucianna: Raven… You can’t do that…

Raven: What? Why not? Stop joking around and turn blue!

Lucianna: It’s not that simple. I… I’m under the control of this belt around my waist.

Raven: Hmm? So this belt controls you against your will, huh?

Lucianna: Yes. I… We must fight, Raven. Don’t bother to remove it, either. It’s set to kill anyone who tries to touch it.

There are so many problems with this

SO MANY

Raven: …

0ACUQIE.pnggpDR0cs.png

GASP! HEROIC SACRIFICE! Except, well...Raven wasn't a hero. He was a MERCENARY.

Lucianna: B-but Raven! If you do that, you’ll-…

bv3rqs8.pngybd8qBI.png

Poor guy.

SyiuWR6.png

Oh, he's still alive?

Lucianna: No… Raven. Why did you do it!? You should have killed me!

Raven: Because Lucius… I… want you to live on… even if it’s… without me…

Lucianna: But I can’t live on without you! I love you, Raven!

Raven: We… no longer… hold… a future… together… My last request… before… I perish… make backrubbing to me.

...What?

Lucianna: … Okay.

wbXFtOC.png

I just

I just

His sprite is moving up and down

(Note to the mods: IT'S TOTALLY BACKRUBBING GET YOUR MIND OUT OF THE GUTTER)

ZhSJJzD.pngNeCqVfM.png

And then he dies.

egV5GuV.png

BUT LUCIANNA IS ON OUR SIDE!

ZtK7OsF.png

So strong. Much lifting.

nVF1IKZ.png

'

Serra isn't a lame earlygame cleric anymore, folks!

OCEIg95.pngTDtf55l.png

Lucianna very nearly handles the whole top pegasus line on her own!

vZKRatL.png

Oh YES! Seriously, she was SO WORTH sacrificing Raven for...

k8La2la.png

We handle the knights guarding Bauker!

U7xOabl.png

*GASP*

DEEFFEEENNNNSEEEE

fNxMS5F.png

The speed streak continues unbroken!

vKtZS6K.png

Ah, THERE'S the second reinforcement wave! Six cavaliers, led by...

cDiCZTP.png

This loser. You'd think a level 13 prepromote would be threatening, but nope!

Ap3I3ad.png

Lucianna kills a phantom! Also, she will be taking on Legault.

HHprh3Z.pngckSVJAd.png

MAN Canas! You are on a ROLL!

kxv3beC.png

Legault: However, I bet you’d be even stronger if you checked all the forts for special items. Though…even if you managed to do that, it doesn’t matter how strong you are. Gaze into my blade and watch as one swift blow from it rends you to shreds!

Legault isn't a general, but he did give us a hint...still, I think the chapter would have been better named "lame path of random gimmicks and suckiness".

mF6pS6g.pngnGdbCe8.png

SO WORTH SACRIFICING RAVEN FOR

RXRqys7.png

Uh oh! I wasn't expecting his movement range to be QUITE that far!

hvXI111.png

Canas, of course, uses some of that newfound speed to not get doubled!

Some chipping later...

5Too1FO.png

Dead!

QK6bYtP.pngCupfKgp.png

WOW

COULD A GREATER BOSS DEATH QUOTE EXIST

gICrP53.png

Florina is getting so STRONG!

I...just wish I had more lances for her...

ho7egwG.png

THIS IS NOT A LANCE

Pp2qrLp.png

WILL HE BE WORTH GIVING THE KILL TO?

ldnuTS0.png

Legault, YOU'RE the one with a weapon that has a chance to one-shot anyone and everyone!

jTadw5i.png

Oh sure, gloss over all the IMPORTANT things!

G8DuysM.png

The only one who can ever use this is Lyn.

JcuXwQr.png

And we ENGAGE the cavalier army!

9h4JX9b.png

Okay! We can take them! ...Probably! But, we still have some more forts to check...

fbmOgrc.png

Not that one...

yiHQOrn.png

Oh wow! Looks like I was just lucky to have Canas be the one who visited that!

Rhdl3vM.png

Nino's fire tome broke, but she can still one-round!

EBf5A6y.png

I think she's the first one to pass level 10.

sCAMol7.png

The cavalier pities Wil and decides to hang back.

Suddenly, Wil comes to a realization...

Being the lame guy who everybody pities SUCKS!

juwnb2O.png

AND HE SETS OUT TO CHANGE HIMSELF!

JG2SlRg.png

Heh heh...that level almost got mitigated...eh heh...

We check the last fort...

YwNK1Az.png

GASP

A GOOD WEAPON FOR WIL

p81Garb.png

So...much strength...

OgRDW4W.png

The rest of the cavaliers fall easy.

BGwXsvA.pngJChdaMq.png

Indeed!

Hector: Now to go have some alone time with Florina.

qIgsVne.pngCDUnUQ9.png

Eliwood: We… we can’t do that just yet.

Hector: Well why not?

Eliwood: The music. It’s sad… We have to be sad too.

Hector: This makes my pants sad.

It's true. The music playing is sad music.

KnnxIOR.png2TVkCvt.png

Lyn: Um… His name is Markyjoe1990. Why do you ask?

Eliwood: Oh no… Oh dear no no… it’s as bad as I thought

Lyn: Eliwood?

Eliwood: Lyndis… go on without me… There’s not much time…

Lyn: What!? No! I’m not leaving without my butt buddy!

Eliwood: Mnn…

Lyn: Eliwood. What’s wrong? Come on. You can tell me.

Eliwood: I can’t…

sUb7GsN.png

Aww, they look so sad...

Yyw7iB0.png

ciQZS9v.png

Welp.

WD1aTvJ.png

He seems to be stuck mid-blink-frame.

9j6m7pC.png

And just as soon as our lord and savior had appeared in the mod...

G8rjq6m.png

He had left us again!

NEXT TIME: More "entertaining" dialogue!

And finally. The reply. This includes the bit about that pivotal moment I mentioned back in Episode 3.

t2Ux5ua.png

...What?

So yeah. It's been a while since we last got a chance to stock up, and we get...expensive lord weapons. VERY NICE. It's a good thing we get the occasional free weapon, or we'd start running out!

Oh come on. You gotta admit that's cool!

OsVC6Ta.png

AGH! I mean...THIS IS THE MOST OVERSPECIALIZED INVENTORY I'VE EVER SEEN!

And yes, I DO grab a Warp, even if Serra still has C staves.

I think I lowered the weapon rank required for Warp, but I'm not sure.

adBK97B.png

I take Raven's weapons. Why? ...No reason.

Oh man~ Here comes the funniest scene in the entire hack~

Raven: Hmm? So this belt controls you against your will, huh?

Lucianna: Yes. I We must fight, Raven. Dont bother to remove it, either. Its set to kill anyone who tries to touch it.

There are so many problems with this

SO MANY

I love this scene. I love everything about it. The way it comes off as totally serious at first, until...

wbXFtOC.png

I just

I just

His sprite is moving up and down

THIS! HAHAHAHAHAA!!

I don't care. I'm giving myself an award for that, and I will not hear otherwise!

I don't think I've ever executed black humor of that caliber. XP

vZKRatL.png

Oh YES! Seriously, she was SO WORTH sacrificing Raven for...

That's two mages that have double Lyn's defense now...

U7xOabl.png

*GASP*

DEEFFEEENNNNSEEEE

It means so much now!

fNxMS5F.png

The speed streak continues unbroken!

o_o Jeez.

vKtZS6K.png

Ah, THERE'S the second reinforcement wave! Six cavaliers, led by...

cDiCZTP.png

This loser. You'd think a level 13 prepromote would be threatening, but nope!

I think I know why the generics, including the promoted ones don't have impressive stats.

I didn't know how to autolevel back then. In fact, I think I determined enemy stats by giving each chapter a different character slot used for generics, then gave them stat modifiers, usually small ones.

Either that, or I'm thinking about Revised Edition.

Legault isn't a general, but he did give us a hint...still, I think the chapter would have been better named "lame path of random gimmicks and suckiness".

I couldn't fit that in the title.

mF6pS6g.pngnGdbCe8.png

SO WORTH SACRIFICING RAVEN FOR

So... not only is Lucianna as fast as Lyn, but she's equal or better at everything else except luck and skill.

5Too1FO.png

Dead!

QK6bYtP.pngCupfKgp.png

WOW

COULD A GREATER BOSS DEATH QUOTE EXIST

I mean. That's more or less what goes through every boss's mind when they die. They just pepper it up with things like "But I am invincible" or some other cliche stuff like that.

gICrP53.png

Florina is getting so STRONG!

I...just wish I had more lances for her...

I never use Florina in this hack. I'm surprised she's so good.

G8DuysM.png

The only one who can ever use this is Lyn.

This weapon more or less justifies her entire existence in this hack.

Suddenly, Wil comes to a realization...

Being the lame guy who everybody pities SUCKS!

juwnb2O.png

His story arc is complete!

YwNK1Az.png

GASP

A GOOD WEAPON FOR WIL

I may or may not have buffed Snipers to have the crit bonus. Not sure, but if so... Things might not be as bleak for Wil as I thought.

9j6m7pC.png

And just as soon as our lord and savior had appeared in the mod...

For some reason, I picture Matthew posing for a camera in this scene.

NEXT TIME: More "entertaining" dialogue!

Episode 5 is where I became very confident in my eventing skills and decided to go super ambition mode. The result is the best chapter in the hack. Though, it is also by far the weirdest.

It is also another chapter where I might be revealing sad backstory things.

Speaking of which... BuringPenitentEngine gave me the okay. Let's talk a bit about that Canas scene from Episode 3. But first, a brief history of MarkyJoe.

Before my FE hack reviews, I wasn't really a commentary guy. I did the occasional LP of games such as Castlevania: Rondo of Blood. But for the most part, I recorded videos of a fighting game engine called MUGEN. If you look at any of my old commentaries, you'll notice that I used to be really optimistic, cheery, and... well, honestly kind of adorable back then.

Eventually, I met BuringPenitentEngine, who was also big on MUGEN at the time. We became friends, occasionally did commentaries together, and at some point, he started recording commentaries on Fire Emblem hacks such as Super Hard Lyn Mode and FE6: The Real War Chronicles. He didn't like many of the ones he played.

When the tools for eventing came around, I made it my goal to make a better hack than Super Hard Lyn Mode. And thus, Fire Mumblem was made. He loved it, and I enjoyed watching his commentaries on it. This became my primary reason for making the hack. I tried my best to write dialogue that would make him laugh.

But by Episode 3, I made some jokes that were... outside his comfort zone.

Let's talk about this scene.

1Toa2rO.png

FmSRi3k.png

This scene, along with Canas's scene with Serra was actually changed from the originals, which were way worse.

Eliwood/Canas Scene

Canas: Eliwood. I'm black.

Eliwood: What did you say, Canas!?

Canas: Hey, don't be hatin' *leaves*

Eliwood: ... F****n n****s.

Serra/Canas Scene

Canas: That was quite entertaining, wouldn't you say, Serra?

Serra: Sorry, I don't talk to black people. *leaves*

Canas: ... Always tryin' to keep the black man down.

BuringPenitentEngine did not take these lines very well, and he made a few decisions that he nowadays considers rash.

Now, normally, in situations like these, you would apologize, talk it out, and be done with it. Unfortunately, I'm one of those guys who is unreasonably hard on himself when he makes mistakes. This moment stuck with me for a long time, and I stopped speaking honestly around BPE, too afraid to risk upsetting him again. Bad idea, seeing how when you bottle up your emotions enough, the glass eventually shatters.

Eventually, months/years of passive aggressiveness, dishonesty, and resentment ruined our friendship. A huge blow to my motivation to hack FE, and certainly not the last...

Edited by MarkyJoe1990

And finally. The reply. This includes the bit about that pivotal moment I mentioned back in Episode 3.

I think I lowered the weapon rank required for Warp, but I'm not sure.

Nope, still A-rank.

So... not only is Lucianna as fast as Lyn, but she's equal or better at everything else except luck and skill.

And she's only going to get better!

juwnb2O.png

His story arc is complete!

Not quite yet!

Episode 5 is where I became very confident in my eventing skills and decided to go super ambition mode. The result is the best chapter in the hack. Though, it is also by far the weirdest.

This is true.

he started recording commentaries on Fire Emblem hacks such as Super Hard Lyn Mode and FE6: The Real War Chronicles. He didn't like many of the ones he played.

And for good reason! Far as I can tell, quality hadn't been invented yet back then, romhacking wise.

This scene, along with Canas's scene with Serra was actually changed from the originals, which were way worse.

Those original scenes...yikes, they are a bit TOO offensive.

Now, normally, in situations like these, you would apologize, talk it out, and be done with it. Unfortunately, I'm one of those guys who is unreasonably hard on himself when he makes mistakes. This moment stuck with me for a long time, and I stopped speaking honestly around BPE, too afraid to risk upsetting him again. Bad idea, seeing how when you bottle up your emotions enough, the glass eventually shatters.

Eventually, months/years of passive aggressiveness, dishonesty, and resentment ruined our friendship. A huge blow to my motivation to hack FE, and certainly not the last...

Well, the fact that you can talk about it probably indicates that you've recovered. I'm honestly kind of not sure what to say here. That's really sad... Have things recovered now?

Everybody, today I have a very sad announcement to make. Or happy, depending on your point of view. Specifically, I'm going on a long hiatus. I'll be gone for the whole of next week. I won't return until NEXT saturday or sunday. The reason is because I'm getting away from the cold winter temperatures to go to FLORIDA! See you all after a long, tropical vacation!

But, before I go...

The CHAPTER 5 PRELUDE!

Really, this chapter has so much stuff going on introducing it requires it's own update, even if we won't be playing it for a long while.

0FbzeB4.pngaN29j8G.png

I like the sound of this.

7weQceE.png

Don't worry, Markyjoe didn't put snow around to slow us down! ...At least, if memory serves...

iUVmhc5.pngxffsxdK.png

Eliwood's just celebrating, when suddenly we find Hector DEEP IN THOUGHT.

Eliwood: Hector…? What’s wrong?

Hector: Mm? Oh, nothin’, Eliwood. Just… didn’t have good backrubbing.

OH NO

Eliwood: But. I thought you were doing it with Florina last night. How can THAT be bad?

Hector: Turns out it wasn’t her I was backrubbin’

Eliwood: What…? Then who!?

Sfz0U4k.pngQHT7cYP.png

WHY

WHY U DO THIS

This next line sums up my thoughts on the situation:

MtlmD1k.png

Why yes, my thoughts do in fact lack a period.

iCya1gE.png

Florina: …?

Hector: Let’s go offscreen. The player doesn’t need to know what I did to your horse.

Please...

Florina: …

Nm5r0yC.pngUYclZcs.pngSGtCW4c.png

Just

Just

JUST

Umc9nyi.png

SAVE ME FROM THIS MADNESS WIL, WHO SUDDENLY JUST GOT RELEVANT APPARENTLY

Wil: Battle Bound Beauty?

Eliwood: Mm? No. I have not. What’s it about?

Wil: It’s about a beautiful magician who lives in this very castle.

Eliwood: Beautiful? Go on.

Hah, hah.

Wil: It’s said that within these walls, a magician with unparalleled powers is looking for a suiter who can defeat her in combat. However, even to this day, no one has even been able to achieve such a feat.

Eliwood: I see…

Wil: She is said to have unparalleled beauty as well. She has dark purple eyes, and wears a purple cape.

DjQIocj.png

I think I know where this is going.

Wil: And is purple too.

Eliwood: Wow. That’s a lot of purple

Wil: Indeed. Though, I doubt she’s alone in the castle. There’s probably millions of men trying to win her heart over.

Millions? What?

Eliwood: Sweet! Now we have an excuse to kill stuff!

Wil: Milord?

Eliwood: Suiters are like bees. They’ll kill the hell out of each other to mate with the queen bee.

They actually won't.

Wil: …You’re only saying that because this is a strategy RPG.

Eliwood: Exactly! Isn’t that reason enough for us to go inside and kill things?

Wil: Hmm… I’ll ready my bow.

3h5R8qF.png

Eliwood: Really? What else is there?

Lyn: It’s said that the magician loved to hide items and weapons in the staircases of her domain.

Eliwood: …Why would she do that?

Lyn: She enjoyed teasing the suiters by having them look around the area to retrieve her stuff. Tee hee! She must be a very playful person to do that.

And thus the gimmick of this chapter is introduced!

tVw6MGH.png

You know, this hack sure has a lot of ellipses.

NOhaCo5.png

YES.

wpaFrGX.png

Why are there two thrones? Is one supposed to be for the lover who actually succeeds in winning her heart or something?

01xZ9W2.png

Oh hi there, "suiter".

xCd2Enw.png

*GASP* It's SOPHIA!

Karlo: in marriage.

Sopha: Who are you?

Karlo: You don’t remember?

Sophia: Well…no. I don’t normally get the names of the men who face me before they storm off in frustration.

Karlo: Why? Do you bad mouth them?

Sophia: I’m actually quite polite and welcoming. It’s just that…they never pose a real challenge to me. I have yet to meet one who can even put a dent in my defense

Karlo: Yikes. Well then. I guarentee you that I’m gonna be different.

Sophia: Mm?

VeVnX2r.png89nbfPR.png

Sophia: Good job!

Karlo: … Um… Yeah, I did

Uh, okay...

NN6U4qC.png6UBq4zK.png

No need to get all EXCITED, Karlo!

Sophia: Good luck!

END DIALOGUE

xiCYNzY.png

A PREPARATIONS SCREEN! HURRAH!

tPDpAN4.png

And we get to take all our units, too! I'm not leaving ANYONE out!

NFqlh1Q.png

Florina gets the statbooster because she's so good.

5OrlFvB.png

There was CLEARLY no better choice than him for this.

Starting the chapter...

xleC7EO.pngMdm69Ql.png9z2ej8I.png

Karlo: WAH!? Oh? Oh yeah. Sorry. TORYA!!!

Sophia: How cute! A battle cry! TORYA!!!

AND SO THE FIGHT BEGINS!

oE1kh3v.pngOE3SIDv.png

KarloKAREL(sorry) uses his best attack, but Sophia just uses a normal attack and totally destroys him.

f5M6LM8.png

THIS IS A FAMILY FORUM MISTER KAREL.

Karlo: THAT HURTS SO BAD!

Sophia: Are you alright?

Karlo: YEAH! I’M GREAT! JUST PEACHY!

Sophia: Relax. I only hit you with my weakest attack.

Karlo: WHAT!? Your ‘weakest’ attack just broke my mango left leg!

dPfdT4Q.png

This is best writing.

P01Wuoa.png

Karlo: AAAAAAGH!!... why are you being nice to me?

Sophia: Aiee! My ears are ringing! I just wanna give you this elixir!

Karlo: !?!?

Sophia: Phew… Thank you.

V1ARvCw.png

Sophia: to be very strong.

Karlo: …

Sophia: Aww. Don’t be mad. Just get a stronger sword. It should cover up your lack of strength easily.

Karlo: Sigh… Fine. Just remember, next time we meet… you’re gonna have a sword in your face. …….. And a bouquet of flowers.

Sophia: That’s the spirit!

She probably gets this a lot.

UHUF7oC.png

And then he leaves. He'll be back, don't worry.

4DD8f31.png

Oh hey! The game is sending us guidance!

jMX7jnz.png

Well, presumably, if you overleveled Nino and promoted her...

4UV3IEN.png

Sounds good to me!

N: As long as you read the nopizza text, you should be fine.

WWGrVtT.png

Huh? Who's this? More backstory time, I suppose.

xRmkCLo.png

No way! I'll beat them handily, just like always!

b3rjrgx.png

I'll rate it 5 stars...OUT OF 5 HUNDRED

END DIALOGUE(again)

YJJlL8j.pngTOZ7snC.png

rshfZrO.pngubY5CyO.png

9v05xpj.pngM4yYDiI.png

This might come at a shock, but the map lined up PERFECTLY for screenshots! This is the entire thing!

As you can see, it's very large, with LOTS of enemies. We'll just to have to kill them all! Oh, and we can stand on the staircases to get stuff, which is exactly what we will do!

RVCLQo2.pngcReeiso.png

Sophia has tons of Flux tomes, and her caps were all buffed, even if she isn't using them. She's in no danger...for now.

nTy0UhF.pngJKxIH21.png

\

The promoted enemies stand no chance against her. Mind you, this is the description for ALL the generic enemies, but only the promoted ones actually care about attacking Sophia.

HY1kQ7z.png

Wait...

yumCo5E.pngkZp3mjb.png

IT'S INSIDE-OUT MAN! YAY! I'M SO GLAD TO SEE HIM BACK!

Not really

mCMgi99.pngpqvDad4.png

There's another one over here, who has an axereaver for us.

oTugcWo.png

See the generals in the entrances to Sophia's room?

5NBuAyY.pngKOAsBZQ.png

Yeah. We're not getting through them.

ZwFZWid.png

Wait a minute...

1RTLof9.png

ALL THE FIGHTERS ARE DORCAS AHHHH

NEXT TIME: "Pro" eventing!

Don't worry, dude. Fire away! I'm okay with it.

---

Just as a pre-emptive, I'm not into Lucius and I'm not a RavenxLucius enthusiast. I just wanted to be funny.

Well, in that case... *and* in that case...

I HATE LuciusXRaven... but that's just me. Honestly, I didn't want to just needlessly have this turn into a "Doc makes with the gripping endlessly for no real reason" alas maybe my headcannon is just that unpopular (in which Raven and Lucius *don't* hook up in any sense of the word; I know, how ludicrous of me to say that on an FE fansite!! RavenXRebecca&LuciusXPricilla foreverandever!!!!)

*Ahem* Don't mind me then... :P

(Note to the mods: IT'S TOTALLY BACKRUBBING GET YOUR MIND OUT OF THE GUTTER)

NeCqVfM.png

And then he dies.

That being said... I think it's an interesting meta-gimmick (a gimmick that is aware of the community's big popular ship, hence the meta bit)... Like if you prefer Raven (like me), you can have him just kill off the annoying bishōnen... (now to make it impeccably clear, I like Lucius and in my headcannon I think it's funnier that he's trying to prove his manliness despite his appearance but, again, that's just my headcannon... evidently. What I don't like and think is annoying is what the shippers think is Lucius. There is thus two Lucius's and this character would be the latter.)

Or if you prefer the ex-Lucius, you can have Raven killed off in a preposterous way! I almost love it that you have to chose one or the other!! XD

Bring back Raven, GD'it!!! He was way cooler than this fake shipper's Lucius!!

Yay! Somebody posted and I won't get in trouble for double posting... I think... :(

Ima try the spoiler thing because all the cool kids are doing it (because I'm a senseless fool who follows the crowd...) but more importantly the mods will squeal with delight because I finally figured out how to save interwebs space...

I think the difference between you and I is that my adolescent "teething troubles" (that is, learning about relationships/friendships, people *trucking* you over, and learning how to deal with baggage... the metaphorical ones) took place on a bit of the internet that's real obscure and I don't feel comfortable revealing them (though it ain't too bad really). You're actually quite brave to be sharing all this now, you've matured.

Everybody, today I have a very sad announcement to make. Or happy, depending on your point of view. Specifically, I'm going on a long hiatus. I'll be gone for the whole of next week. I won't return until NEXT saturday or sunday. The reason is because I'm getting away from the cold winter temperatures to go to FLORIDA! See you all after a long, tropical vacation!

Well then, have a happy holiday!!

The weather's wonderful in the California What? Hmm? No, I'm in space!! ...Well, my ship's in dry-dock *again.* I swear some new alien shows up and creams the hull every other week. It doesn't matter what I put on the side of it, it just gets sanded off like toothpaste. I need stronger shields. *nods*

Gosh, me and my ramblings...

Why yes, my thoughts do in fact lack a period.

Me tooooo!!!!!! ^_^

Nm5r0yC.png

Just

Just

JUST

Dat gutter humor...

Maybe it's just that I'm different from average (and therefore unpopular T_T ) but gutter humor never really did it for me...

Physically I was 17 once; mentally... I think I skipped a lot... or maybe it didn't matter to me, this age thingy, in the first place?

(Grrr! I'm senselessly rambling again!)

tVw6MGH.png

You know, this hack sure has a lot of ellipses.

Fire Emblem has more ellipses than everyday life...

It's the whole reason I use three periods in a row all the time...

It's crept into my writing...

...just about everywhere...

...and it's ALL FE's FAULT!!!! DX

6UBq4zK.png

No need to get all EXCITED, Karlo!

Lol, "Karlo" *twitches at the memory of Corrupt Theocracy*

EDIT: I think MarkyJoe "fangasm'd" over Sophia because she's like 80 (in addition to that other reason) and therefore didn't feel guilty dreaming about an imaginary 15 year old girl? (Wait a second... why am I thinking in the GUTTER T_T This is ALL YOUR FAULT that my thoughts have gone there, MJ1990!! DX)

lol jk ;)

Edited by Doctor Robert

1Toa2rO.png

FmSRi3k.png

Spoiler ()

BuringPenitentEngine did not take these lines very well, and he made a few decisions that he nowadays considers rash.

ok after much thinking about it, (even tried to track down his account and see if he made a Blind LP of it which it seems he did not) I have to ask why you thought that joke would work?

asking for 2 main reasons, 1) based on your earlier work, this seems way out of no where and just seems...weird?

2) as someone who has seen and get these types jokes a lot, I am honestly curious as the logic for going for what I like to call "hard and high tier" jokes. Especially with no context or set up you was going for this type of joke eventually and so early.

I also understand if you do not want to respond as well though.

Before I reply to the LP, lemme reply to the other posts first... I'll take my time replying to the actual LP though. I've been sitting here for, like, hours, and I need a break.

Well, the fact that you can talk about it probably indicates that you've recovered. I'm honestly kind of not sure what to say here. That's really sad... Have things recovered now?

It depends on what you mean by recovered. If you're referring to my relationship with BuringPenitentEngine, things have cooled over and we're friends again. Though, we don't talk to each other much nowadays.

I think the difference between you and I is that my adolescent "teething troubles" (that is, learning about relationships/friendships, people *trucking* you over, and learning how to deal with baggage... the metaphorical ones) took place on a bit of the internet that's real obscure and I don't feel comfortable revealing them (though it ain't too bad really). You're actually quite brave to be sharing all this now, you've matured.

Matured? Relative to what? Back then? How long have you been following me?

Normally, it's hard to get me to talk. I'm always afraid that people will just say "get over it" or I'll make an idiot out of myself. But here, my hacks are being LPed. I would feel kind of muddy if I didn't add my two bits and talk about the history relating to my FE hacking exploits.

Fire Emblem has more ellipses than everyday life...

It's the whole reason I use three periods in a row all the time...

It's crept into my writing...

...just about everywhere...

...and it's ALL FE's FAULT!!!! DX

It's kind of a habit of mine during roleplays. I feel it emphasizes a lo-key or gloomy tone.

EDIT: I think MarkyJoe "fangasm'd" over Sophia because she's like 80 (in addition to that other reason) and therefore didn't feel guilty dreaming about an imaginary 15 year old girl? (Wait a second... why am I thinking in the GUTTER T_T This is ALL YOUR FAULT that my thoughts have gone there, MJ1990!! DX)

lol jk ;)

I fangasm'd over her because of her hair, but I deluded myself into thinking she had other things going for her, cause I didn't want to think I was shallow. Nowadays, I'm kinda just a fan in an ordinary sense, and it's more on the "idea" of a chick with absurdly long hair rather than any actual appreciation for Sophia.

But hey, all she needs is a more mature physique and a better fleshed out personality and she's good to go.

Y'know, speaking of which, I'm getting kinda sick of the thousand year old loli trope. Mainly because of how they're depicted. Like. How am I supposed to believe that this person, who has lived so long and presumably seen so many things, acts like a child? If I ever got back into ROM hacking, I want to deconstruct this trope and have the 700 year old girl act like a naggy grandma. That makes way more sense to me.

ok after much thinking about it, (even tried to track down his account and see if he made a Blind LP of it which it seems he did not) I have to ask why you thought that joke would work?

asking for 2 main reasons, 1) based on your earlier work, this seems way out of no where and just seems...weird?

2) as someone who has seen and get these types jokes a lot, I am honestly curious as the logic for going for what I like to call "hard and high tier" jokes. Especially with no context or set up you was going for this type of joke eventually and so early.

I also understand if you do not want to respond as well though.

I've mentioned it a few times in my replies to the LP. I didn't really know how to be funny, so I relied on being unpredictable, weird, and shocking.

It's not that I thought the joke would work. It's that I hoped it would.

I suppose I should pay close attention to all of this, especially MJ1990's mistakes, being someone who wants to make hacks and not ruins his life in the mean time.

Please do. You have no idea how frustrating it is to sit in front of your computer, tell yourself "I'm going to do some FE modding", then sit there for literally a minute because you just can't.

I hate it. So much.

I HATE LuciusXRaven... but that's just me. Honestly, I didn't want to just needlessly have this turn into a "Doc makes with the gripping endlessly for no real reason" alas maybe my headcannon is just that unpopular (in which Raven and Lucius *don't* hook up in any sense of the word; I know, how ludicrous of me to say that on an FE fansite!! RavenXRebecca&LuciusXPricilla foreverandever!!!!)

*Ahem* Don't mind me then... :P

This is something I agree with.

I would be a supporter of RavenxLucius because of the rarity of homosexual pairings, but I don't because... I just don't think they have that kind of chemistry. The only vaguely "gay" sounding line in their supports is the part about Raven not getting married because he gets all his nagging from Lucius already. Otherwise, they give me the brotherly kind of love feel. I may not be gay, but I'm pretty sure homosexual relationships are more intimate sounding than this.

Or if you prefer the ex-Lucius, you can have Raven killed off in a preposterous way! I almost love it that you have to chose one or the other!! XD

Say what you want about Fire Mumblem, but I think this is a solid concept here. How many fire emblems force you to kill someone off to recruit a character *coughFE11cough? If anyone ever makes a hack heavily themed around utilitarian ethics, this idea should be used.

Edited by MarkyJoe1990