TheMoniker plays all of Markyjoe's crap(ALIVE ONCE MORE)

TheMoniker

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hack lussarias stats and kill marc in the underworld, i guarantee something interesting will happen (i dont actually guarantee but hey its the thought that counts right)

He probably doesn't have a death quote. Or if he does, it's something inconsequential. Of course, I don't know how to use Nightmare, so this is really a question for the creator himself.

Let's skip the intro and get straight to...

The CHAPTER 1 PRELUDE!

VldS8Vg.png

Gelvin village...sounds like...sounds like...I don't know, actually.

V947mnc.pngn3o1W6c.png

Today, we again join Markyjoe!

Markyjoe: Prolly shoulda thought this over better.

bc2ahCJ.pngcAXasZo.png

Ephraim teleports right on top, to do who-knows-what to him.

hRgH1DD.png

Markyjoe: Could ya not sneak up on me like that?

Ephraim225: Oh, sorry. Should we try again? I could teleport a few feet away from you this time.

tbVoEVi.png

Markyjoe: I wanted you here anyway. Let’s talk about what just happened.

Ephraim225: Oh yeah. So… uh… What’d you think?

Markyjoe: First, the good news. Your performance was excellent.

Ephraim225: It… it was?

Markyjoe: Yeah. I was especially impressed by your tactic of faking incompetence. Way to give ‘em a false sense of security!

GkBN5Qj.png

We actually do see his real stats soon, so he may have actually been faking.

Markyjoe: Now. The bad news. Turns out that warping in a bunch of dudes was not the most subtle method of attack. Let’s try not to give Lussaria reason to suspect we’re after her. We gotta put her in less suspicious battle scenarios.

Ephraim225: Like… a bandit attack?

Oh, great!

KE9uUwd.png

Markyjoe: I am NOT having that crap in MY hack.

Ephraim225: Why? What’s wrong with bandit attacks?

CcAS8DU.png

In my first run, I was totally hoping Markyjoe would just not do a bandit attack.

um5fleo.png

Uh...uh...uhhhhhh...

...Tactician's Nightmare?

Ephraim225: Eh… Gaiden?

mO1e8oI.png

Ephraim225: It had bandits, but that was never the focus of any scenario. I guess.

Markyjoe: Well. Come on. Who the heck plays Gaiden anyway?

I didn't play it.

Ephraim225: …

Markyjoe: Erm… Well my point is that Bandit attacks are overdone. We need something new and fresh to give our hack an edge. Let’s get the other two major hackers in here so we can brainstorm. I’m sure that we can come up with something more original than a bandit attack, right?

reQXIMm.png

So, in come the two new hackers! No idea why the red-robe guy is a tactician, his class will be retconned later.

Dude: Sup?

Markyjoe: The test was a success. However…

jR64Zm3.png

There was a fade-out, Markyjoe explained it off-screen, even though it probably would have taken like one sentence.

Other dude: Okay, here’s my idea.

wVVe6Pg.png

Uh...

Markyjoe: … What? What’s the point? Is that supposed to have some kind of deeper meaning? Hm…

DxqLijp.pngSCGxS9c.png

The red-robe makes a stupid suggestion, but Markyjoe is lost in thought.

diYwhhd.pngorccF3t.png

...What?

Sgtsmiles: Bandits are cheap. Bandits are easy. Bandits are early game.

Markyjoe: Y’know what else they are? Stagnant!

jbgRRpS.png

Old Jokestm

FHhzoUD.png

Ephraim225: *text skip*

Markyjoe: Can we get off the bandit thing? We’re not using it! And was that a text skip I just saw? Get it together, Ephraim!

Yeah, I couldn't even catch that!

CYZlIGJ.pngWqK56Gc.png

And no progress was made.

Other dude: We could do that.

Markyjoe: I dunno man… That just sounds… Kinda gay.

9Kb9VEs.png

Sgtsmiles: Bandits! Just go with bandits!

Other dude: Yeah… yeah… Hey Marc, maybe he’s right. I mean, it’s just so much easier to have bandits early on, especially in a peaceful place like this.

Markyjoe: Welp. … …

Gh0edPW.png

And thus, that whole event based on not doing a bandit chapter was pointless, because now we're doing a bandit chapter anyway!

Also, I have to wonder how much these "hacker conversations" reflect the real stuff that happened in development. There is going to be a LOT of "hilarious in hindsight" very soon.

kEfLEfJ.png

But for now...

55qkfRH.png

Time to join our REAL main characters!

7mn5C3A.png

Lussaria: For the time being, we should be safe here.

(She's wrong)

uVYRqLI.png

Drunk monk: You’re coming too, right Marina?

q64QBCt.pngOSnaU0U.png

Annnnnnd there they go.

cCDrxyP.png

Shigeid: I wonder if my old friend still lives here…

YOwgZP1.png

And then he goes into that yellow house.

Ba6tKhL.png

Yeah, yeah. I get it!

OWxIvB3.png

Lussaria: We feast.

Jorin: Eh!? But we just got out of a battle!

Lussaria: Doesn’t stabbing people in the neck give you an appetite?

Jorin: Stabbing people makes me want to vomit.

Lussaria: Exactly. And what comes after you vomit?

Jorin: Mom brings soup.

Lussaria: And what is soup?

jVMdcaT.png

Well Jorin. It seems we have reached a logical conclusion.

Jorin: Do you think they sell cherries?

sTu9EnC.png

We'll have to wait on the cherries, because MAGE GUY just walked in!

hzAJ5L9.pngHMYb9p4.png

Nischuck: … What did you just call me?

Stereotypical bandit: Nischuck. That’s yer name, right?

Nischuck: No. That’s not my name, you Neanderthal.

Neanderthal: “Neanderthal”? That ain’t my name. Name’s Chuck. Nice ‘n simple.

Nischuck: Oh, for crying out loud. Whatever. let’s just get to work.

anTcDTH.png

GASP! The BRUTALITY!

(They won't actually do it in gameplay)

Nischuck: Grab any valuables you can, but don’t waste time. Once the mission is over, get the hell out of there. Do I make myself clear?

xmysV4U.png

I don't know, he seems surprisingly concise.

Other bandit: As if we didn’t already know what to do. Who made you leader anyway?

Nischuck: How dare you! Out of all of us here, I’m the most qualified for the job! Look. See this magic? If anyone else here has the smarts to use this, let me know. If not, shut your trap. Lest you wanna get fried.

Other bandit: …

CE1Jkd2.png

But before the enemies enter the field...

mL7McZa.pngF4Wt6Pv.png

Shipping fuel time!

Feltyn: I was wondering… There’s this diner somewhere ‘round here. S’got a nice view ‘n all. Do you think we could…

8B9ESvb.png

And then he's interrupted!

ognUXiC.png

WHO DESTROYED THE SHOPS!

Tlppc8y.png

Actually, in FE8 it turns out that a destroyed Armory does in fact have the same sprite as a destroyed mini-house.

K8AD1Z2.png

Oh, OF COURSE.

WkSAo9q.png

And then more come!

ZInxiAu.png

Plenty more!

hTBnzsh.png

Seriously, there's lots.

YCpBLV2.png

Lussaria: We just did this!

UgQSpQY.png

END DIALOGUE

PjEBp51.pngcmUrJKX.png

So! We ONCE AGAIN have a 4-turn time limit, on a map that looks like it should take WAY longer to do. Oh, and we don't have half our units available right now! Joy! It's gonna take some PRO STRATS to pull this off...

Also, you'll see what the Kinsan thing is about soon enough.

bsWwwJ0.png

The map is tiny, the Crooks haven't gotten any stronger, and there's no new characters, so... not much to show.

LhFXGmW.png

One of the fighters has a cool and dangerous new icon.

eAJRERM.png9s005UU.png

The boss isn't THAT amazing, and he's weighed down by his tome(I think), but he shouldn't be THAT hard to beat...as long as we don't let him get close to our squishies.

NEXT TIME: Moniker fails!

5) Midnight Sun happened. I had always been interested in Midnight Sun even BEFORE it "got good", but when it actually HAPPENED, I was left speechless. This was a hack with everything I ever wanted. Female shaman protagonist? Check. Focus on characters and psychology? Check. Well thought out and concise level design? Check. Chicks with really long hair? Check. With Midnight Sun, my desire to make Chronicles Of Lussaria waned.

I've seen it happen before, when you wanted to make something awesome, but you weren't able to complete it anywhere near fast enough(not that you should have rushed or forced yourself), and then something happened to take the opportunity away.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

the feels on these comments are strong. I fell victim to this with rage emblem, I was cranking out chapters fast as possible cause I wanted people to see what ideas I had. Sadly what came of it was a broken mess on chapter 1 and onwards (I curse you lightning strike code) while people never saw most of the jokes/events i was proud of. I even had a bard as a boss with a workaround to prevent him glitching out if he doubled.

edit:

+ the +1 to stats is a pretty cool reward

+its extremely hard to come up with other reasons why your units are fighting in the early game. Bandits may be the generic answer but any other group you are killing might as well be bandits at the end of it all.

Edited by MrNight48

You know, I must say...I really like the concept of the hack. The idea of the hack creator and a few of his partners discussing and then executing various scenarios, the Netherworld concept, the bonus tasks, the character interactions, the various game-mechanic jokes and references (Of course the Durandal was in the store. Why else do you think it was going to be destroyed?)...really, I think this could have been one of the best hacks out there. I honestly feel it's a shame that MarkyJoe has stopped working on it, as I personally see so much potential in this that could be reached and executed.

Just my 0.02$.

5) Midnight Sun happened. I had always been interested in Midnight Sun even BEFORE it "got good", but when it actually HAPPENED, I was left speechless. This was a hack with everything I ever wanted. Female shaman protagonist? Check. Focus on characters and psychology? Check. Well thought out and concise level design? Check. Chicks with really long hair? Check. With Midnight Sun, my desire to make Chronicles Of Lussaria waned.

I've seen it happen before, when you wanted to make something awesome, but you weren't able to complete it anywhere near fast enough(not that you should have rushed or forced yourself), and then something happened to take the opportunity away.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

the feels on these comments are strong. I fell victim to this with rage emblem, I was cranking out chapters fast as possible cause I wanted people to see what ideas I had. Sadly what came of it was a broken mess on chapter 1 and onwards (I curse you lightning strike code) while people never saw most of the jokes/events i was proud of. I even had a bard as a boss with a workaround to prevent him glitching out if he doubled.

edit:
+ the +1 to stats is a pretty cool reward
+its extremely hard to come up with other reasons why your units are fighting in the early game. Bandits may be the generic answer but any other group you are killing might as well be bandits at the end of it all.

I might play Rage Emblem, maybe, if I could actually download it, broken messes seem to be my specialty these days

I do think that it's hard to come up with good reasons for why your guys are fighting in the beginning. I guess there are some ways to do it, but really, it's hard to have large-scale battles when you have like 4 dudes.

You know, I must say...I really like the concept of the hack. The idea of the hack creator and a few of his partners discussing and then executing various scenarios, the Netherworld concept, the bonus tasks, the character interactions, the various game-mechanic jokes and references (Of course the Durandal was in the store. Why else do you think it was going to be destroyed?)...really, I think this could have been one of the best hacks out there. I honestly feel it's a shame that MarkyJoe has stopped working on it, as I personally see so much potential in this that could be reached and executed.

Just my 0.02$.

Me as well. Maybe he'll return to it someday. We can only hope...

Chronicles of Lussaria: Episode 2: Chapter 1: Bandit chapter of DOOM

WARNING: Long update ahead!

wa9IeIx.png

The first turn is uneventful, just us moving, with a few combat engagements.

sFEUdFk.png

First enemy phase, and...an event already?

EuTAuaD.png

Shigeid: What are the odds that bandits would attack this time ‘o day!? … More importantly, what are the odds that I’ll get out of here alive? I guess I’ll just hide here for now.

And that was the story of how Shigeid decided to just leave us alone for most of this chapter.

eMPU7Ui.png

And then Sorlene fails to dodge.

sL6FxNX.png

After taking an axe to the face, her head must be split in half! Can't you just imagine the blood-

GCNM28y.png

...Nevermind.

IEY4jH2.png

Most of our dude's death quotes look like this.

hZtJBWv.png

New positioning, with Sorlene on a forest!

nLh5lJt.png

Oh yeah, and in case you didn't believe the speed text box earlier...

OWBFEpb.png

And of course, she dies anyway. YAY.

wgj2Ypp.png

Hah! NOW she's out of the range of that fighter! Everything should be okay though.

4aPyZMt.pngTeS7F6u.png

Things happen, WHEN SUDDENLY...

3pttYri.png

Turns out I forgot about the soldiers coming from the top.

pb1msco.png

This time around, JONSIN WAS USEFUL

IlbXrmP.png

...Until suddenly, he wasn't...

BPDuS6D.png

And then, just when it seemed like Sorlene would make it...

YDO7LrS.png

Yeah.

1B4IiwL.pngINfM2hU.png

Screw it, I'm accepting the help!

ADC8oEd.png

Markyjoe's "Lussaria address" is totally the same, except that he uses a different insult.

PZBfXiN.png

Uh... uhhhhhh... the third one!

tR54XpR.png

Yes.

5ti2oTT.png

Markyjoe: Marina, Kinsan, and Shigeid aren’t available to you at the start. On top of that, your initial team is being approached from three sides. Did I mention, soldiers with javelins? Feltyn should head north to kill the first soldier wielding a javelin. The rest of your units should deal with the enemies coming from the sides. Take note the fighter with the steel axe coming from the east. On Turn 2, Marina and Kinsan will come out of the pub. Kinsan can’t do much, but Marina could meet up with Feltyn. When turn 3 arrives, Shigeid joins the fray with a comrade. Thankfully, neither of them are in any real danger. Shigeid should just sit on the nearby trees while his friend visits the nearby red house. Speaking of red houses, it’s important that you visit the OTHER red house on the map. A useful character is in there. For the Boss, Marina is ideal. She can defeat him in two rounds of combat. In fact, Marina can also lure out the boss, and as early as Turn 2, given you place her on the tile left of the topleft corner of the pub. She will most likely need some cover though. Feltyn can serve this purpose. If you land a critical hit, you can get a Turn 2 clear, but the more likely scenario is that you’ll have to finish him off on Turn 3. This will complete the low turn bonus task, and so long as you don’t get Kinsan KO’d or drop his liquor, the other bonus task is yours as well. The only other issue is visiting the red house due west of the pub. Poalski is best for this and can reach it in three turns, so long as you keep the path clear for him. The rest of your units need only deal with the enemies from the sides, though, you might need to lure the east mercenary so that Feltyn has a clear path to meet with Marina.

SMBfNL2.png

Yeah, THAT was...a wall of text...to say the least, but it contained valuable info that I will now use to beat the chapter.

0Bac8M8.pngGGAjMvL.png

YEEEAAAHHHH! But first, since I'm sure you're all curious-

Twtfn2D.png

...Nevermind. The game crashed and started screeching at me before I could attack Markyjoe. Did it... did it sense my intentions?

dkI5pap.png

Okay, FROM THE BEGINNING! ...Not that we had made any progress PAST the beginning...

qdmMW8r.png

I do as the game said and have Feltyn kill the soldier.

X8GRtb8.png

Crit!

w8vlEm4.png

Okay, THIS time , she can only be attacked by the fighter! WE CAN DO THIS!

wgLk0LD.png37VJzMQ.png

Turns out I forgot about the merc coming from the right! But she DODGED this time!

Seriously, Sorlene is in a TERRIBLE position this chapter. if you inch her even the tiniest bit forward, she disintegrates into a cloud of blood.

ucMe11E.png

Dead!

Pu3N02e.png

...Not dead!

EP0smt2.png

Hurrah, more units!

Marina: I wonder how long I’ll last.

yo7HgFQ.png

Kinsan: Oh. That’s a loootta guys.

He's drunk.

E5ocdHE.png

Kinsan: Haaaang on there, little missy. Hic! Jus’ gimme a moment and I’ll be back on my good ol’ footsies.

Marina: I don’t have time to deal with you!

K3uklWb.png4b1uarB.png

lwtg1SN.png

And thus, the gimmick is introduced! Kinsan is "carrying" liquor, which reduces his speed and skill to almost nothing. This early in the game though, that honestly isn't that big of a deal, it just means he's relegated to chip damage for the rest of the chapter.

3BjgHNC.png

What happens if you "drop" the liquor, though?

61ilHAz.pngnMEjnKx.png27vKlyJ.pnglFlkWvr.png

(Pardon the screenshot inconsistencies, I didn't catch the beer sprite right on the first try. It "dies" halfway through the cutscene, of course.)

So, once you sober him up, you can't get the ASM task reward anymore. If he dies, the drop event plays automatically, so don't try to bypass the system!

PL11L2n.png

Anyways! This is the spot we need to move Marina to to one-round the boss, but I'm not comfortable doing it with those bandits so close.

uwp8HBf.png

Couldn't you get some defense or speed or something?

qHkOYS6.png

Woah, ANOTHER excellent level! It's almost perfect!

v7mYz9x.png

Oh, I guess this is a vendor?

jfXdvgz.png

...I suppose I shouldn't have expected anything else.

(This is also the only place to spend your money. In the entire hack.)

x3pPoON.png

She's in danger! SAVE HER, JONSIN!

bHbLPcn.png

Die, beast! DIE!

I'm not concerned about conserving the Zig. Stardust at all, because of how short this hack is.

SXqdvda.pngfpuIoAi.png

Epic dodges!

D5rsI92.png

He chipped, but he needs to get even more drunk if he's gonna do more!

O7sicZD.png

Another event!

5s9KsoU.png

Shigeid: Perhaps if I’m quick enough, I can rendezvous with them and… Wait a minute… Where’s my axe!? I coulda sword I had it with-

sux2V5u.png

Oh?

0Geb2NE.pngbWVortw.png

Oh hey there, miss redhead portrait!

Shigeid: I’ll say! You didn’t answer the door!

Yurino: Looks like I didn’t need to either. Anyways, you wanna reunite with your buddies, right? Take me with you.

Shigeid: No way! It’s too dangerous!

Yurino: I just swiped your axe. Who are you telling that to?

Shigeid: Tch…

Yurino: If you want it back, swear to me this. From now on, we are equals. Alright?

Shigeid: … Alright.

Yurino: Good. Now let’s get to work!

muAgrBV.png

And now they've joined the fight! Before I look at her...

cn3w64r.png

HOW DID THIS HAPPEN

VJqlxvJ.pngoZ1FsVC.pngvr5FNeu.png

Yurino seems to be your standard "thief who will never be good at combat". It's especially true in this hack, because in the three maps remaining, she either A: Doesn't appear, or B: Appears at the end of a special event. And in THIS chapter, she comes at the end, surrounded by lance users! You'd almost Markyjoe has a grudge against her!

FqXRWEH.png

I don't see the point in even trying, so Shigeid hops on the trees and starts MURDERING AWAY!

oVfQfSs.png

Shigeid. If you want more murder in the future, AT ALL, you'd best shape up.

x2IUbEw.png

First house!

kEOiM4y.png

Oh, who are you?

gWiZ2s4.png

Flovu: Things have gotten a bit crazy outside this village, y’know? Though, I guess for you guys, it’s no biggie. So, mind if I tag along a bit?

SEX4Y3u.png

Respect = gone

Flovu: With this staff! Haha! I bet you thought I meant something else!

oFsWTSd.pngG3PrBts.pngpObuetg.png

She'd better be glad she "took back" that comment, because that's the only characterization she's ever going to get, ever. Regardless, Flovu is here to be our earlygame healer, and she's a troubadour instead of a cleric, which is actually pretty nice.

EsYaDUt.png

Great, more speed!

nlZyQtk.png

Marina takes a shot, and prepares for luring! It's the third turn, and the boss needs to be dead by the end of the next turn!

DDU3xwU.png

Kinsan also pulls back, retreating to old habits.

SDHsGG7.png

Healgrinding!

HYzCFIC.png

Tactics!

GDZ0SnM.png

rSB0Y6z.png

I AM SUCH A GOOD TACTICIAN

HseUZNZ.png

Merc reinforcement? Okay.

TIXcjQh.png

Yeah, it's pretty much impossible to rout this chapter in the 4 turns you're given.

ryOFN9T.png

Next house!

8bldw5e.png3bPkTuM.png

I like this guy, he's concise.

zqkeeK3.pngOuFeMeP.png

Ah...

aYTb3bN.png

...I guess some things never change. Crack is still an elixir, although it has a better-looking sprite now.

tAb9tDk.pngtM4wclv.png

I could finish things right now, but of course I opt to get as much XP as possible.

ZgauRv0.pngoYezoAf.png

Dead!

mMoitm1.png

What GROWTHS did you PUT on this lady, Markyjoe?

There were a few too many images to put in one post, so the conclusion update is coming soon.

*unlurk*

Great LP, loving the commentary :D Also enjoying the hacks because sex jokes are always funny. I hope MarkyJoe continues giving creator commentary too, it's very interesting to listen to, almost like movie commentary in ways.

That being said, I don't have much to contribute to the thread, just wanted to say I'm enjoying every bit of the LP :D *relurk*

*unlurk*

Great LP, loving the commentary :D Also enjoying the hacks because sex jokes are always funny. I hope MarkyJoe continues giving creator commentary too, it's very interesting to listen to, almost like movie commentary in ways.

That being said, I don't have much to contribute to the thread, just wanted to say I'm enjoying every bit of the LP :D *relurk*

Thanks! Glad you're enjoying it!

Let's just get done with...

The CHAPTER 1 CONCLUSION!

5jE3HzC.png

Our other prize for beating the boss. Very nice.

4GeP3mf.png

Oh, what? Why did an assassin just walk in?

VTM3zL7.png

Heh. Turns out he's just telling all remaining losers to get the heck away.

QiFBuZM.png

And the civilians reign again! Although that line is a bit awkward...

Mayor: Please, if there is anything you need… Don’t hesitate to ask.

Iwr2ZyJ.png

Lussaria, she's not your typical FE protagonist.

lXL0gb0.png

*GASP* TYPO!!!!

Mayor: And money with a night at the inn. I suppose.

hHtuQQD.png

Yeah, the chapter could have been "rout" instead of "defeat boss".

2Y0U4Dh.png

Sorlene: We’re all having a feast together!

Feltyn: Yeah… everyone… together…

Looks like he's still, uh... I don't know.

1E3UhSC.png

Lussaria: Who’s asking?

Yurino: Ah, pardon me. My name’s Yurino. I saw you guys fighting out there. Pretty good stuff. I bet you’d be even better if you had a set of nimble fingers. Luckily, there just so happens to be a person around here like that: Me!

Lussaria: Nice little sales pitch you got there. But I don’t have any need for hoodwinking thieves.

I don't know, they're usually pretty loyal.

v7BQAQO.png

Lussaria: You know her?

Shigeid: She’s a friend o’ mine. If ya want, I’ll keep an eye on ‘er.

Lussaria: Hm… I suppose I can live with that. Let’s talk more of this over dinner, shall we?

Dfjc2Gx.png

Shigeid: Any time. Now. Let’s get goin’.

And that was how Yurino was formally recruited.

5UbAgT2.pngDRfComK.png

Kinsan: I’m seeing three of you. That normal? I hope it’s normal.

Marina: Flattering. But I think you should get some rest.

Is this different if you got him sober?

NHuOE05.png

Anyways, TIME FOR SOME REWARDS!

C2IBVYI.png

Oh yes! Another statboost!

Also, this makes me wonder: If the hack had continued, would EVERY character have had their own little bonus task, with it's own small stat boost? It probably would have been totally cool, unless you weren't using every character.

lHXkuza.pngxSn1bg3.png

Not that I'm ungrateful, but really, the LTC is basically where all the chapter's difficulty is coming from(and there is a LOT of it). Some gold doesn't seem like the greatest reward, and the lack of rout-ability makes us choose between money and XP, but then again, it's not like there's much else he could have done.

tH9oJ50.png

NEXT TIME: The last complete level, and what might as well be considered the FINAL BOSS of this entire LP. You just bet it will be pretty awesome!

I might play Rage Emblem, maybe, if I could actually download it, broken messes seem to be my specialty these days

ah shucks man, you makin me blush

but if you really are interested I could fix the game crashing bug in chapter 1 and throw you it in its last updated form. Its a concept hack because I was still learning shit and wanted people to have a playable demo instead of just ideas to show I was going somewhere with it. prologue and chapter 1 are pretty much done, 2 is just game play and 3 is game play demo but you can't beat the boss. up to you.

also the dialogue and jokes in chronicles of lussaria are waaaaaay better. feels like night and day now that I see the hacks back to back like this.

ah shucks man, you makin me blush

but if you really are interested I could fix the game crashing bug in chapter 1 and throw you it in its last updated form. Its a concept hack because I was still learning shit and wanted people to have a playable demo instead of just ideas to show I was going somewhere with it. prologue and chapter 1 are pretty much done, 2 is just game play and 3 is game play demo but you can't beat the boss. up to you.

also the dialogue and jokes in chronicles of lussaria are waaaaaay better. feels like night and day now that I see the hacks back to back like this.

Now that I think about it, I'm not sure if it's worth making a whole thread for...I have a special thread coming up where maybe you could do it, I dunno.

Chronicles of Lussaria: Episode 3: Interlude: The End of the Fun

WARNING: Long update ahead! AGAIN!

2w2bKDy.png

Fun fact, it was originally planned that this whole level would be removed once Markyjoe updated the patch.

O19vH6o.pngJ9USEtG.png

And here we begin with Markyjoe's address!

Ephraim225: See? That wasn’t too bad.

Hector dude: Yeah. Pretty decent bandit chapter if you ask me.

Shaman guy: Indeed…

Markyjoe: ……

Ephraim225: …….

Hector dude: ……..

Shaman guy: … So what now?

I have to wonder, like, HOW MUCH does this affect the reality of the development? I know I've said it before, but it bears repeating here!

GpvbktA.png

Markyjoe: Um… So what should happen after the bandit attack?

Ephraim225: I guess this is the point in the plot where, like, some empire attacks. So. That.

ZHbi8FU.png

Yeah, Markyjoe, you gotta stand up against cliche design SOME time!

Markyjoe: Listen, Ephraim. Buddy.

MhM5cH7.pngDfMzcp0.png

Yeah.

PIcDZvn.png

*facepalm*

Shaman guy: Well, I’ve got one that might qua-

Markyjoe: No! For the last time, Overlord, we are NOT doing the surreal artist thing!

Overlord: Aw man…

Hector guy: That doesn’t make much sense anyway.

qypYTYk.png5h718eN.png

Hector guy: Wait, what about the story?

Markyjoe: I’ll figure something out, okay!?

5sJwUDm.pngUmOVkNc.png

Markyjoe just teleports out without responding.

0tKoLEi.png

Hector dude: Ephraim, next to your work, anything looks impressive.

Anyways, I'm sure Marky will have the next chapter idea finished soon!

(hilarious in hindsight trololol)

Sgch0WK.png

Make that MONTHS later.

jXHtuKi.png

Hector dude teleports in. The other two have apparently just been sitting there for the past few days, living off Doritos.

Hector dude: Have any of you seen Marc? I finished a new portrait for the hack and I want to show him.

Overlord: Marc? Hm. I’m not sure. Come to think of it, I haven’t seen him in a while.

Ephraim225: Me neither.

Hector guy: When was the last time you heard from him?

Overlord: I… think it was…

WeWOgca.png

Of course, Markyjoe is in an even WORSE situation.

Hector guy: … …

uhH78nY.png

Overlord: Nah. Of course not. How hard can writing a plot be?

Ephraim225: Perhaps we should check up on him. Just in case.

Hector guy: Sounds good to me.

o6JCzHa.png

And then they exit...

LVKH9Aj.pngQvyavkQ.png

And then arrive at the really long hallway of pillars!

KLsgPjG.png

A dragon sounds plays! GASP!

Hector guy: I hear something…

FpwntFs.png

Overlord: Couldn’t we just hack the door open?

54JMAmW.pngv3LeFVi.png

Is this actual code?

2GA4tRC.pnghyPcHpq.png

Uh...

DhF1Jjk.png

Huh, everything looks nor-

j5cWAk1.png

Whoa, WHAT?

Vh6Ek5g.png

Oh no...

UXYkymR.png

He's turned into GOOD WRITE MARKYJOE!

3ViQqTw.png

Overlord: So the legends are true…

wl2xHai.pngcmCxwxG.png

Heh heh?

L6Y2do2.png

Your eyes look a tiny bit, uh...bloodshot?

Uj18rqi.png

Once again, how much does this reflect reality?

NQqzhy3.png6UFIZsz.pngJEseO3V.png

It's too late, Ephraim! He can't be cured with words!

Ziuk82V.png

Some shaking and music starts, and...

X6joHAH.png

Markyjoe transforms INTO...

9ujOffE.png

Something that shall be revealed in a moment!

PGYSLfu.pngrNNEWsp.png

Overlord: Ephraim, give me a crit boost with your sexy dance!

OlXAi6s.png55rDHAa.png

Okay, I'll admit it, that was a good joke.

Overlord: … Oh yeah. I guess we’re screwed then.

Lack of a 10% crit bonus = screwed

SgtSmiles: No we’re not! I have something in mind… Follow my lead.

Even with my retroactive knowledge, I have no idea what he had in mind.

eVsLKRB.png90Kv3sM.png

At least he warns us.

END DIALOGUE

Well everyone, it's time for the epic conclusion to this LP(even if there is a "postgame")! Are you ready for...

fEFcdIB.pngpFl9AYd.pngKnhMfJr.png

buEGQIp.png

FINAL BOSS: MARKYJOE: DRACONIC VERSION!

Time for my REVENGE against the one who put me through all this!

Kh9Oege.png

Also, note the insane movement range.

9dSgMrc.pngWYvgcvG.pngSqjjY00.png

Our dudes are all really good, and led by this guy, Smilies!

zRNrHGq.pngf1welrV.png

The Eclipse axe would be useless for anything BUT pounding the dragon, but don't you just wish FE11 had the Giant Knife?

VPhKyl7.pngv21B6HY.pngn0SK1n8.png

Ephraim is the next guy, and he's pretty good too. I guess these are his TRUE stats, and he really was holding back in the beginning!

AqD82cM.png

Somehow, I get the feeling it's not as good as the original version.

w0QLcE6.pngyrOb4L6.png9Cbm9cq.png

Overlord is the last one, with some very well-balanced stats.

Anyways, time to get to the fight!

TFRDo01.png

EVERYBODY CHARGE FORWARD!

VIMuVPb.png

AAHHH THE PAIN

9J4dbM1.png

We start things off with the power of the ECLIPSE AXE! Half of his HP is GONE GONE GONE!

Zjopfam.png

The Uberspear is actually a pretty useless weapon in this fight.

xUwPDJY.png

The DURANDAL, however...

GhZELY4.png

I try to get a crit with OverLord, but it doesn't work.

o6vBwqd.pngMqZqnlt.png

I think he's the only one who even HAS a death quote.

Y1c8PeT.pngKo55wBy.png

Next try, he nukes Smilies! Seriously, there's no way to hit this thing without getting hit back, and everyone except Uberspear-wielding Ephraim dies in 2 hits. And we have no restoration items. This chapter actually requires strategy!

THZh4wz.png

Or luck. Luck works too.

p0O0CfC.pngZzGwX8E.png

DEAD! Hahaha! THAT'S FOR CORRUPTION OF ROY!

W28Kbqd.pnglOq15Cz.png

Oh no! Is it NOT OVER?

B56hf1E.png

Come on Marky! We need you back into your "bad/average writer" self!

SgtSmiles: There’s gotta be some way to snap him out of this!

VH1EYYA.png

WGFyyI6.pngxBc2BlG.png

?

FJuvWHM.png

Were you expecting anything else?

(For those who don't get it, this lady is Reisen from...Touhou or something...and is Markyjoe's fictional crush)

1Ijy9o5.png8AUAR6K.pngB5rE3lK.png

I'm not sure whether to grin or cry.

LhjgU7X.png

BUT IT WORKED!

SgtSmiles: How’d you know that’d work?

Overlord: I didn’t.

Markyjoe: Guys… I’m sorry. I got so obsessed with writing the plot that…

SgtSmiles: It’s fine, Marc. We’re glad that you’re working hard. And stuff.

Markyjoe: Unfortunately, I have to continue. Chapter 2’s plot is still incomplete.

7zZ6wWI.png

*months

rdgGuhT.pngVLlcJFd.png

Markyjoe: You think so…?

Ephraim: Yeah. I mean, this was supposed to be a funny hack in the first place, right? I say we throw all seriousness out the window and go nuts!

Markyjoe: Maybe you’re right. No. You ARE right!

38spgEV.png

I'd like to say it one more time, how much does this reflect reality?

SgtSmiles: We can make chapters on our own as well. If you need a break, we’ll cover for you.

Markyjoe: Thanks. Speaking of which…

VNvnHhx.png86oEwH1.png

Markyjoe: Overlord. Do you want to write the next chapter. You’ll have full control over what occurs in it. Within reason, of course.

Overlord: Yes! Absolutely!!!

Markyjoe: It’s yours to make then. I’m… going to take a break.

This honestly just makes it worse. Surrealist artists with tommy guns would have made an AWESOME chapter.

zyPIkBp.png

Don't worry guys, things aren't over QUITE yet! We still have these bonus map thingies! I'm fairly certain there are only two accessible ones, though there COULD be more in that patch Markyjoe said was more updates than the one I'm using. And, of course, Project Shoeshine after that! See you guys next time!

My IRL schedule recently got a bit more crowded, so you should expect a decrease in my update volume.

Too lazy to separate shit, comments in purple

Now that I think about it, I'm not sure if it's worth making a whole thread for...I have a special thread coming up where maybe you could do it, I dunno.

That actually sounds like a pretty cool idea. Also could be a lot of work on keeping it updated as you get various different hacks so dunno.

Chronicles of Lussaria: Episode 3: Interlude: The End of the Fun

WARNING: Long update ahead! AGAIN!

Uj18rqi.png

Once again, how much does this reflect reality?

This is one of the funniest shit I have ever read in a FE hack about writing a FE hack

38spgEV.png

I'd like to say it one more time, how much does this reflect reality?

you need to say this 50 more times

My IRL schedule recently got a bit more crowded, so you should expect a decrease in my update volume.

aww

I honestly think this should have been the final chapter and it would have been well accepted in the community. As my time lurking here, these sort of events happen way too much.

Chronicles of Lussaria: Episode 4: Outdated Map 1: Falling Action

UHtfz1o.pngy95mgTc.png

Okay, here we go!

gK24APJ.png

Right away, we're thrown straight into the thick of things! This chapter us far more finished than the ones in Old/New Fire Mumblem were, so we can actually beat it.

A6ylaUG.png

There's plenty of enemies around, but you might have noticed something: Yurino's missing. For no reason. As I said, she's nearly impossible to train in this hack, and next chapter...well, let's just say things get EVEN WORSE for her.

oSLMmaE.png

kumpUfx.pngP6HjEpe.png

This is the best I can do for a map. I missed a lot of room on the right side.

(Wait a minute, who's the green guy?)

wz1HVwk.pngtN0JLXV.png

The crooks are level 3 now, but still, this chapter isn't really difficult. At all. It's a nice breather after Chapter 1, but the next chapter ramps things up again for the finish.

p0OMcTA.pngMkTDEq6.png

He actually is kinda cute...

fx1qXyJ.pngphl0riC.png8mCRWwJ.png

The green Eliwood lord is Tangst, our resident stoner and deuteragonist(except he gets no dialogue so).

VAeLD0U.png

Oh, and bronze weapons are a thing! Except...all bronze weapons are literally iron weapons with 5 more hit. Balance!

Then again, they were a WIP, so I can't really blame Marky here.

dmsSgYa.pngbKBtwu7.png

Chip, and Jonsin gets a kill for an okay level!

2zbJtyP.png

Tangst here is starting off on the right foot.

HhhHPxq.png

And so is Marina, apparently!

H8renvE.png

Where did your Corruption of Roy self go, Shigied?

GmrAqXf.png

This is the kind of level I want from my knights!

WLjrv1g.png

Still moving forward, but the situation on the right has gotten tense...

q82KX9i.png

Gee, thanks for the unnecessary critical...real helpful...

YnfoMsA.png

Ow.

rFPLx2p.png

Bandits come from the forts!

Also, while Tangst will come under some pressure eventually, there's no other reason to hurry. We can take our time on this one.

GCOlpkX.png

Wait...

2QvYfNg.pngmWFfFBb.png

HE HATH RETURNED TO KICKETH OUR BUTTS

(He's not that threatening though, in all honesty)

gXX0AkG.png

Zap.

UbILSKE.png

Pegs! They aren't that strong, but they have lances, and can hurt Tangst.

vE6iojy.png

Lussaria just doesn't care about the mountain, and one-rounds Billy easily.

Nhg1re4.png

And she gets a good level, too!

OHE5BM9.png

Shigeid wants this!

REHIIQD.png

Time to save Tangst!

CNe47Qg.png

This doesn't look amazing, but strength AND speed, on top of what she already has... I just have to wonder how she'd turn out if we raised her to a high-level sniper.

We'll actually find out. Eventually.

lbwe225.png

I honestly can't tell what kind of unit Jonsin is. I thought about it, and concluded that he's the "prone to RNG screwage, but turns out great if if he gets lucky" unit.

86M2rll.png

Dodge animations!

ZnYtKpb.png

BAM!

Tv1QztS.png

Tangst gets bored and resorts to the one thing that can consistently cure his pain.

8xpyfHL.png

More pegs? Wheee...

o37S7Ar.png

And they have the +5 hit lances, too.

ZVtkhqb.png

Meh level!

oxK01PC.png

Shigeid trips! Dangit, pull yourself together, buddy!

9Go6EWQ.png

That's better.

4cw3T45.png

THAT STUFF WILL KILL YOU TANGST

1q7edNB.png

Flovu's first level! And it contains magic!

BcVEWyc.png2PB3mer.png

Pretty much anyone can talk to Tangst, it seems. How convenient.

(And no, there's no dialogue)

PlGHfEp.pngEdM5IWv.png

A standard lord weapon, but with 25 less uses! Hooray?

cLhRs6D.png

Magic!

K47DCQ5.png

Not-magic!

IF90bz8.png

Alright, let's leave.

ZZM9NJo.png

Despite there being working Eliwood-lord lance animations out there, Tangst doesn't have one. I remind you all, WIP!

Ik4Nq7Z.png

He vanquishes Derkin the Adorable and gets a "WOAH" level.

uToW7b7.png

NEXT TIME: The end of Chronicles of Lussaria!

Edited by TheMoniker

Is it just me, or does Tangst look like a Splice with Sain as part of it?

Didn't notice that, but now that I think about it you're right.

Chronicles of Lussaria: Episode 5: Outdated Map 2: All Good Things Come to an End

WARNING: YET ANOTHER LONG UPDATE

u8VfB3Y.png

This time, we see the intro for Lyn Mode chapter 4. Slowly, the complete-ness is deteriorating...

N4R0aac.png

This guy has a totally cool portrait, but it will never be seen or mentioned again, ever.

7K5TtWV.png

Here we go!

swIhmY8.png

Nice, we get a prep screen this time!

vXx1AmY.png

We have to leave someone out, so I drop the crutch character. Clearly, this is the best idea possible.

Also, SOMEONE IS MISSING...

f12ByBn.png

I'M SO PRO

J0PBPrx.png

Our position...

Qce4R32.png

So. This map. It's slightly less difficult than Chapter 1, but only because there aren't any side-objectives. There's TONS of stuff going on, but the main thing I should explain to you is the FIRE TILES. They're EVERYWHERE, and placed to be as TROLL-TASTIC AS PHYSICALLY POSSIBLE. We'll have to deal with them the hard way.

Oh, and the mage in the cell?

N0lGPYY.png2s6xIXo.png

Sorlene! WITH ALL HER XP AND ITEMS GONE! Of course, since this is a UTBC-WIP, it's forgivable, but still...

Lr7BGyl.png

The archer has a longbow, so...we'd best hurry to her!

n33tsIm.png4kmMPLP.png

The guy on the throne is just a generic.

HTqcc6g.png

You're probably wondering if there's a way to get to this chest. There isn't.

d8SihQb.png

Once again. WIP.

DSbyisb.pngUJqqRHC.png

Keys, so we can help Sorlene!

gjiTvLH.png

Anyways, let's get started by POUNDING THIS SOLDIER!

Jg7fcTg.png

Moving forward...

Also, note Yurino's position!

fUREtVf.png

Ow!

JpI2ctK.png

Tangst handles himself against these guys okay, thankfully.

UWNVaRq.png

Dodge!

dbw0HfX.png

Sorlene can take two hits, so you have three player phases to get to her, assuming she doesn't dodge any.

GVMCzDB.png

Ah, the smell of roasted red unit in the I-can't-tell-what-time-it-is-because-underground...

AS6EMaA.png

Hey, wasn't Yurino JUST-

3WLw80t.png

...Oh.

So, Yurino's a green unit now. And she's going to do what ALL thieves do: BEELINE FOR THE CHESTS! However, while NORMAL enemy thieves are smart enough to not attack enemies unless absolutely necessary, Yurino is NOT, and will happily throw her level-2-thief self against anything and everything in her way.

So, we kind of have to hurry and meet up with her before she's out of the corridor, but we can't, because there's tons of enemies and fire tiles make positioning hard.

E3Mbc6U.png

Let's hurry and get that door open!

UVIbGF5.png

Speed! it makes so much of a difference!

KU6fnky.pngmSe2hGJ.pnguu2nNdD.png

Holy crap, KINSAN MURDERED EVERYONE WITH FAITH

cB2z9oD.png

AND THEN GOT A GOOD LEVEL

GOD IS REAL

RZhorMl.png

Okay, we have an extra turn now, but it doesn't matter because we were only a turn away from unlocking her cell anyway.

5rjFYDr.png

Yurino moves forward. She's gonna hit that armor knight soon, if we don't hurry!

hp8rvhA.png

Oh great, MORE enemies to slow us down!

GGjnkPq.png

Despite the darkness surrounding him, Kinsan remained stalwart in his faith, and brought light to a world in shadow...

QEShBaG.png4dHHJU0.png

Levels that don't really matter, hurrah!

2SVbaDa.png

Open!

zJWn4OY.png

Murder!

qBXnPNu.png

Talk!

(Lussaria's the only one she can talk to, btw)

4YU8Iag.png

We get ONE thunder tome, which doesn't QUITE make up for the lost XP/other items.

KBmTWvM.png

Kinsan falters in his faith for but a moment, AND IS JUDGED

sOTDp7E.png

OH THE PAIN

stQTSCm.png

MORE PAIN

XnVo4Ph.png

But Yurino is about to feel the most pain of all! We gotta hurry!

sv442BA.png

WHAT, WHY

So yeah. The armor's gonna attack her from the front, Yurino won't be able to flee from the guys in the back, and she WILL die if we don't protect her.

Nfl5haI.png

Oh, and because the back group just WASN'T ENOUGH, now THESE guys are gonna help out the armor!

As I said, this chapter's kinda insane, mostly because of Yurino.

8KErhAp.png

WHY DO YOU HAVE TO BE SO WEAK

373IcsU.png

He ends up tanking out the armor instead, distracting him from Yurino! Once again, Kinsan is SAVED BY FAITH(or possibly karma in this case).

wLw7fOX.png

If you're wondering what's going on with the other group, Tangst is armor-baiting.

f2uraDV.pngW9iAcfj.png

I thought Jonsin was doomed. I was wrong.

zuedyso.png

Kinsan, on the other hand...well, it was a necessary sacrifice. The way is opened for Yurino now, she can move out of the corridor-

G8iP58L.png

-OR she could stay in the corridor and attack enemies!

(I'm glad I gave her the Wave Runner now, otherwise she would have attacked at 1 range and made her life EVEN WORSE)

b2b8zZ2.png

Silly fighter, you gotta consider the flame tiles! Remember that in your next reincarnation!

CZmLDev.png

Anyways. We're kinda screwed here. Out only hope is that Yurino can hold out for another turn or two. If we can make it through this, then the chapter will be pretty much over.

fIta6R9.png

Level!

Kmt1WsL.png

Of COURSE he can't quite reach! I have to have him kill a shaman instead.

s2ETRZd.pngmcpqRld.png

The shamans/fire tiles are arranged in such a way that I can't kill the soldier, so...yeah.

There's only one hope now...

MUCH, MUCH RNG ABUSE LATER

bMtlPsG.png

Totally legit misses!

xWu2NWZ.png

When the soldier's attack doesn't kill her, she can kill him back!

bWFBdAz.png

She makes an intelligent decision by healing, but also an UN-intelligent one by going into that corner to heal! You'd have been much safer if you ran out into the main room, where we are!

2iqW5KE.png

But, JONSIN HAS ARRIVED TO SAVE THE DAY!

FidjnEb.png

HE can handle these guys just fine.

Ml5oK7x.png06yYEO5.png

Also. The throne is empty now.

dsGfz0v.png

And there's no seize option,

THEMONIKER PRESENTS: HOW NOT TO CLEAR OUTDATED MAP 2

tbago5K.pngfndvkn9.png

With Yurino's not-help, we manage to clear out all the enemies.

The chapter doesn't end.

Sr6nT34.png

It's been eight turns.

The chapter isn't over.

(the last enemy is just due to screenshot discrepancies. Ignore it.)

HasOnW8.png

This is where I get bored and start killing off everyone.

vLsul9l.pngwFvCyVB.pngTd3KWpC.pnggbw7OWP.png

Flovu's death quote...

WPn40N4.png

Yurino makes it to chest, and it's not worth it. SO. NOT. WORTH. IT.

0favZCE.png

Tangst dies, and has no death quote at all. I checked, he can't seize the throne either.

c5NKG1H.png

I try to kill Yurino with a fire trap. I fail.

6WObWWF.png

Game over time, right?

3IfI7dY.png

WRONG! Lussaria's game-over script(more specifically, the "send to the Netherworld" script, since her death doesn't cause a game over) is nonfunctional, so we can play on without her!

TvJthZ3.png

Poalski bites the dust too,

PonDsG9.pngMiv3RbJ.pngGzisKOF.png

2us5sRE.png

With no player units, it's just permanent other phase. Forever. And Yurino just stands there eternally, shocked at the death of her comrades.

ySqoxuL.png

But what if we had LET Yurino die back when we had the chance?

jiVwo6x.pngwXaDeTA.png

And then killed off both us and the enemies, one by one...

1MK6sL9.png

And finally, when the last one bursts into flame again...

RwTocOX.png

There is nothing. No one left. The world is at a permanent standstill for all of time, with the "unit dead" music eternally playing in the background, and no one left to hear it...

THIS IS OBLIVION.

(but seriously, if anyone has an actual way to clear Outdated Map 2, feel free to tell me)

FINAL THOUGHTS:

As pretty much everyone has said, this hack is great, and it's a HUGE pity that it only lasts for few chapters. If it had been completed, it would have been one of the best hacks out there, but alas, it is not. Maybe someday, Markyjoe will step up and continue the project. We can only hope.

Markyjoe seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth thread again. Ah well, THE SHOW MUST GO ON! Project Shoeshine, coming up next!

Hi there! As you may have noticed, I am one of the four main hackers who were a part of the story in the Chronicles of Lussaria. Though, honestly, I'm kind of trash at being an actual hacker, (Marc ended up teaching me shortly after I joined the team... man, that was a while ago.) My main role was making portraits, and helping with the story (which all of us did). Since I was, y'know, an actual part of this, I can provide a bit of commentary myself, I think.

zaDGLfA.png

That is the BEST SPLICE EVER.

Why thank you! I made this on a whim one day. Originally, Ephraim225 just had Ephraim's mug, but I added a bit of a Fargus Flair to him.

Portrait BS:

Of note, the portraits that I made are as follows: Ephraim, Me(obviously), Marina, Tangst, and Jonsin.

Of these, I am most proud of myself, and Jonsin. My mug was me actually trying to make a good splice rather than a bad one, and I was just improving over this time. I think it still kinda stands up, to be honest. And Jonsin, while his armor is BLATANTLY stolen from elsewhere, I'm still kinda proud of how his expression makes him stand out, and it makes his personality visable. That was one of our goals going into the mug-making.

HOWEVER, Marina's mug is trash in this version. Straight up terrible. Grosses me out just looking at her.

That's why I updated her.

JiUGpNi.png

See! That looks... well. I can still see flaws. Ouch. But hey! no more ridiculous brightest hair color!

Either way, Marina had endeared herself to me enough that I pretty much permissibly stole her to put into a hack of my own.

And also... forgive poor Tangst for being a bad Sain splice. He is, but I did that cape without splicing from anything, which was actually impressive for me at the time. Kinda sad really. But such is the progression of art. I can prove I'm not terrible, I swear!

Anyway. I'm not going to span the end of time replying to everything with what little meagre input I can actually muster. But I'll say some other things.

Firstly, the reason I'm a tactician in the first cutscene with us in it is that I have a weird obsession with mage classes. Basically, I wanted to be a Mage Knight, since they're kinda awesome. That's what the pauldron is for. Couldn't be a sage, either, since Marc already was one. But the problem is that Mage Knights aren't actually in the game. And neither Marc nor any of us wanted to add them, I ended up being a placeholder tactician, for the time being. And now, forever, I suppose.

Secondly, the first couple of chapters were basically totally collaborative. We'd write a lot of it together. Though, Marc was still the leader in the end. Of note, the chapters with us arguing were... surprisingly accurate. In fact, I'm pretty sure we ACTUALLY HAD the bandit argument and basically just ported it in. Funny how that works.

Thirdly, the interlude. At that point in the story, we didn't have a lot of ideas. We spent a long time not having anything, really. One day, Marc just showed up with this entire chapter he did on his own, pretty much. At least, as far as I remember it. This is why I'm a Great Lord inexplicably. I asked him, after we played it, and he basically just said he couldn't remember what class I was, and randomly picked one for me. It rolled on Great Lord. Also, I remember complaining a bit about my line regarding the Corruption of Roy, since I actually kinda like it. Either way, though, it fit the character I had going in the hack; who's slightly more of an asshole than I actually am. Only slightly though.

And, yes, "MAC1 0x00 0x00" is essentially the code to trigger map events, including opening doors. MAC1 is the "open door" code, and the two 0x00s are data that specifies which event, and whether you're turning it on, or off.

Man, it's been a while.

Hi there! As you may have noticed, I am one of the four main hackers who were a part of the story in the Chronicles of Lussaria. Though, honestly, I'm kind of trash at being an actual hacker, (Marc ended up teaching me shortly after I joined the team... man, that was a while ago.) My main role was making portraits, and helping with the story (which all of us did). Since I was, y'know, an actual part of this, I can provide a bit of commentary myself, I think.

Hey, nice to meet you!

Why thank you! I made this on a whim one day. Originally, Ephraim225 just had Ephraim's mug, but I added a bit of a Fargus Flair to him.

And it worked!

Portrait BS:

Of note, the portraits that I made are as follows: Ephraim, Me(obviously), Marina, Tangst, and Jonsin.

Of these, I am most proud of myself, and Jonsin. My mug was me actually trying to make a good splice rather than a bad one, and I was just improving over this time. I think it still kinda stands up, to be honest. And Jonsin, while his armor is BLATANTLY stolen from elsewhere, I'm still kinda proud of how his expression makes him stand out, and it makes his personality visable. That was one of our goals going into the mug-making.

HOWEVER, Marina's mug is trash in this version. Straight up terrible. Grosses me out just looking at her.

That's why I updated her.

JiUGpNi.png

I actually thought the Marina mug was okay. Though, some of the pixels did look odd...that one is way better, though!

See! That looks... well. I can still see flaws. Ouch. But hey! no more ridiculous brightest hair color!

Either way, Marina had endeared herself to me enough that I pretty much permissibly stole her to put into a hack of my own.

And also... forgive poor Tangst for being a bad Sain splice. He is, but I did that cape without splicing from anything, which was actually impressive for me at the time. Kinda sad really. But such is the progression of art. I can prove I'm not terrible, I swear!

Anyway. I'm not going to span the end of time replying to everything with what little meagre input I can actually muster. But I'll say some other things.

Firstly, the reason I'm a tactician in the first cutscene with us in it is that I have a weird obsession with mage classes. Basically, I wanted to be a Mage Knight, since they're kinda awesome. That's what the pauldron is for. Couldn't be a sage, either, since Marc already was one. But the problem is that Mage Knights aren't actually in the game. And neither Marc nor any of us wanted to add them, I ended up being a placeholder tactician, for the time being. And now, forever, I suppose.

Okay, makes sense.

Secondly, the first couple of chapters were basically totally collaborative. We'd write a lot of it together. Though, Marc was still the leader in the end. Of note, the chapters with us arguing were... surprisingly accurate. In fact, I'm pretty sure we ACTUALLY HAD the bandit argument and basically just ported it in. Funny how that works.

That's...hilarious and amazing!

Thirdly, the interlude. At that point in the story, we didn't have a lot of ideas. We spent a long time not having anything, really. One day, Marc just showed up with this entire chapter he did on his own, pretty much. At least, as far as I remember it. This is why I'm a Great Lord inexplicably. I asked him, after we played it, and he basically just said he couldn't remember what class I was, and randomly picked one for me. It rolled on Great Lord. Also, I remember complaining a bit about my line regarding the Corruption of Roy, since I actually kinda like it. Either way, though, it fit the character I had going in the hack; who's slightly more of an asshole than I actually am. Only slightly though.

And, yes, "MAC1 0x00 0x00" is essentially the code to trigger map events, including opening doors. MAC1 is the "open door" code, and the two 0x00s are data that specifies which event, and whether you're turning it on, or off.

Oh, wow.That's meta to the max.

Man, it's been a while.

Well everyone, today we are playing Project Shoeshine! For those who need a refresher on the hack's history, Markyjoe basically made it as a place to dump all his spare level ideas into without having to put them in a "real" hack. He said he's keep producing as long as-get this-he had enough LP guinea pigs! But he didn't get enough, and like every other project here save Corruption of Roy, this hack ran out of steam long before any sort of "completion".

Of course, he's gonna get another LPer now! That's...that's why it's funny...heh...

Anyways, this hack pretty much takes all of its assets(portraits/weapons) from Chronicles of Lussaria. It has some stuff you won't find in CoL, though. Of course, CoL probably has them in data, they just aren't used.

Project Shoeshine: Level 1: Archerville: Fortress of Senselessness

RBtgLX6.png

Level select!

COIjLGL.pngeoXr7L4.png

This isn't used for anything, and the dialogue is the same as CoL.

iHWjN2o.png

And the intro...is also the same as CoL!

SRgPeOJ.png

So. The level select screen. Basically, you move Lussaria around so she can talk to the green units, which are the representatives for various levels. Despite having only two levels, Markyjoe had this set up for far, FAR more levels than anyone could EVER possibly make.

qUllJJt.pngJ2kXvUP.pngDeR0IRW.png

Stats, if you're curious. They all have empty inventories.

qqWAO4j.png

Anyways!

5VLTOnu.pngmAmn2X5.png

Let's get started!

UK3PGzl.pnghOXHBhW.pngqjXks7z.png

yZmsIAh.pngIBlgmcF.png

Right away, we're thrown into some crazy madness! This chapter is pretty much an amalgamation of broken dreams, lost potential, and what's there is REALLY REALLY WEIRD. The more you look at it, the more things, crazy or otherwise, you notice. If the chapter had reached it's full potential, it would have been cool, but...it didn't.

k5ygMRe.pngXT6dPlE.png

Whoa! Our dudes have been buffed! And we have siege tomes and stuff now!

Because I'm sure you're all VERY CURIOUS, I'm gonna show everyone's stats!

gshMRrl.pngrC3drfV.png

Shigeid turned out okay. Pretty standard fighter stats, albeit with good speed.

qZolif0.pngYb2cFTG.png

Flovu apparently miserably failed to gain good magic, but her staves can hopefully make up for it.

vyKxug2.pnglzEOxzp.png

So buff! And...he didn't get 1 point of speed! Just...put him in front of physical units and he can tank anything out, but don't expect good offense.

OLUmaO3.png0Npe4lU.png

Kinsan is pretty much the worst guy around. Seriously, compare his stats to Sorlene's. It's just terrible.

cJnBKLt.pngvxVYvxw.png

Jonsin has bad stats and a special sword. Honestly, all these guys have really inconsistent stats with their CoL selves. I would like to believe Jonsin would at least get more skill/speed/defense for himself!

rt0ER47.pngj5HrJD3.png

Holy crap, Marina! LOOK AT THOSE OFFENSIVE STATS! IT'S BEAUTIFUL!

soQadgK.pnghm5di17.png

Yurino is still a bad thief. She didn't even max speed!

uh441cs.pngZsllVWJ.png

Lussaria has well-balanced stats and a very versatile inventory.

0nSDUnt.pngBDEkHC9.png

Feltyn only gained one level, but apparently got SUPER lucky on all his growths!

qPHzh0q.png

Some of the archers have this, which is basically a better longbow.

0K235be.pngJNHaANa.png

Oh, and the guy on the throne is a buffed Derkin!

AoeIaRa.pngxCJ0iVr.png

Guess what she does.

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

No, really. She just sits there, no matter what you do to her.

...I think.

YLSrvWM.png

First turn: Just moving forward!

26hhljg.png

Ow! Shouldn't have let Yurino get into...combat!

F6naUOC.png

Lussaria, on the other hand, easily trashes everyone that comes her way.

6be3CjW.png

HEAL ORB!

TNFieJj.png

Oh no, a bolting mage!

BVBC8Ny.png

Also, there's a bug with this chapter. Specifically, occasionally, in between enemy movements, the game will stall and do nothing for a long time. I have no idea what causes it.

y08GvTI.png

There must be something special in here, right?

HPEewqH.png

Uhhhh...

So yeah, you can try to open this door, but it won't actually open. Ever. It just burns a lockpick use.

tjFw9tG.png

ADVANCE WARS!

DmVKtcf.png

OH. WELL THEN. I GUESS ARCHERVILLE IS LIVING UP TO IT'S NAME.

mRJj7BB.png

It's at this point that I realize that there is literally no way to walk to the boss room. How the heck are we gonna get through?

7Jwff1C.png

...Oh.

rrWHONB.png

Marina takes out a bunch of the archers. Eat it, losers!

U5By2zB.png

Oh hey, we can just kill the boss with siege tomes from afar! The game doesn't even require we sieze the throne! Of course, we'll have to get lucky...

uCD8t9Z.pngxKALYnP.png

I do this because I'm curious. The game pauses for a moment like an event was triggered, but nothing immediate happens so I assume it was nothing.

aQwuvJg.png

Cavaliers! That can't reach us! EVER!

FqyknF3.png

Oh wow, he critted!

Q85u8Df.png

Sorlene finishes!

P5mJqHw.png

...And gets a bad level!

kUHasLg.png

Well, that was easy...

Nah, I'm joking. Not done QUITE yet.

xsvLq3e.png

There's something I must try first...

3uQK6T6.pngDzmBNoS.png

MURDER!

CacgEYU.png

And yup, nothing happens.

5qc3neT.png

Now, I'm sure you all spotted a lot of stuff I could try, and you're like "MONIKER THERE WERE SO MANY POSSIBILITIES". I say that I didn't do them because I'm fairly certain that they were ALL POINTLESS. Although, it would be NICE if Markyjoe was here so we could get some confirmation...

bIXro6b.png

Wow. We have to skip the intro every time we go into level select. GAME DESIGN Nah it's cool, it's not like this project was ever really intended to be a thing.

NEXT TIME: Berserker Hills...how much harder could it be?