TheMoniker plays all of Markyjoe's crap(ALIVE ONCE MORE)

TheMoniker

I didn't realize how this story can fall apart until you mention those reasons. not to mention Pent, the count reglay(?) and fargus crew may have also helped spread the story.

I don't think anyone would believe such a story. FE7 itself said that no one would, and that's why Eliwood, Lyn, and Hector canonically did not try to inform anyone besides a select few like Uther, who is related to Hector and is more likely to believe it even if it sounds ridiculous.

For that reason, I don't think it's a plothole.

EDIT: Then again... if multiple people say the story is true, and are not from the same country... Ehhh... FE7 had a million plotholes itself.

So yeah, I guess it is a plothole, but I was workin' with swiss cheese to begin with.

Edited by MarkyJoe1990

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's skip the intro and get straight to...

The Corruption of Roy: Part 6: Rage Renewed Anew

0CLwfH1.png5rg8qzg.pngiPTaioy.pngL5b5mrq.png

Before we begin, here's Roy! He has INSANE stats, and he's going to be very hard to kill. The Syrma is pretty much a one-hit kill, or at LEAST a one-round, if you have an iron rune.

HifuJVh.pngPpgiamQ.pngtAM8kp2.png

The generics around are all VERY powerful. We can fight them, but...it isn't easy.

vL5etNB.pngmqe8RDh.pngQ1Cb7zh.png

Hah. How clever.

tELzuLh.pngI8x123m.pngBfrS0Bp.pngiYDV62e.png

There are some droppables around, which we totally want.

ehgtQZO.png

Oh yeah, THESE weapons...basically, lots of the enemies are carrying these "X" weapons, which are basically normal but with guaranteed critical hits. THIS is where Iron Runes become very, VERY important.

Oh, and remember those generic assassins I showed earlier? THEY HAVE X WEAPONS TOO. That's right, huge lethality risks if they attack you!

XvlGwP3.png

I guess you could get it if you made him snort all his drugs, but it's nothing THAT special.

lboU8ha.png

This guy has a stealable, which I end up not getting.

9Qyxha9.png

Anyways, let's get started! These mercs are basically there to help you comprehend what you're up against with the x weapons.

dmnZq2o.png

Power!

uddVmIS.png

She uses that power to DODGE!

5rkzs0a.png

I MAY have done my math wrong, BUT...

sVzqAJM.png

CHEST TRAP! HAH!

auAigl1.png

And then DEATH.

W7y3MFO.png

Meh.

zJkBat7.png

Oh man, so many enemies! See those cavs? Two come from the right end of the map every enemy phase. Forever.

YJJeP3X.png

Sophia weakens, opening the way for Wendy to-

2glvkd2.png

-SCREW UP!

6TGV1EW.png

Nope. That didn't happen. That picture was from an alternate reality.

bfjifzI.png

Lilina is so useless.

f0WzuAZ.png

Stop making my life harder!

UZl8jSM.png

Hey, that wasn't there before! Notice that cav near Wendy? Yeah, he came from those stairs that randomly appeared on enemy phase. This is basically our first cue to HURRY UP!

Pw7CYjS.png

Bluh.

op7MjU3.png

Well, normally this would be trial-and-error, bu luckily for me, I have no qualms about using savestates!

ETBNwNT.png

Yup, that was the right one! Time for the next area!

fA5guz9.png

Thank you!

g5CXxBQ.pngeu9f3FW.png

Great, I have to do it AGAIN!

Anyways, that was child's play, this next part is where it REALLY gets hard.

9nzNPrz.png

Take this guy out first!

2r84Coy.png

Healer down!

1OLWUcS.png

The good news is, the cavaliers stopped, but NOW we have to deal with prepromotes warping in!

He4LbTr.png

Not that it matters NOW!

Rb5hrfw.png

Ha ha, we're gonna-

LAJyL5F.png

...nevermind.

nfUpigt.pngVKQslL2.png

ABfoOVu.png

Anyways, I think we're going to slow down a little. I never actually encountered any of the other "too slow" penalties, so feel free to take your time here.

T7yCoaa.png

Okay, FOURTH try!

T2INZoH.png

Our units are getting stronger, but these warriors are CRAZY! And INFINITE!

Ce4uGPb.png

Take him out!

vMlLMgc.png

Oh, what?

So yeah, occasionally, instead of a warrior and general, a paladin will warp in behind you. Still on enemy phase.

qBIm0ux.png

The good news is, the swordsmaster retreated to go get stoned!

S8RFeZZ.png

The bad news...

8ryALnb.png9MWGxPt.png

So, after trying again, Sophia capped magic! Seriously, Sophia pretty much became my crutch character during this thing. I wouldn't have made it through without her.

Q3TxKip.pngUigNuey.png

BLOCKED.

(the teleport animation still played, but nothing came in)

pSXjfWI.png

He lived!

uzzZGDt.png

She chipped...

mZgdKfD.png

And then HE was finished!

zGv5vV7.png

They're still coming, but now the longbow x sniper is upon us!

D3Csv8F.pngeI2szJt.pngHel2kxG.png

Pillar power pretty much saved my life.

wIaG0xk.png

Oh...

5yL2HDX.pnguC5aUuh.png

OH NO...

Xz7pRxR.png

thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou

m8aCdEL.pngHSUxx17.png

So yeah, I totally forgot to show him off earlier. He's the obligatory BS miniboss, and he is arguably the biggest threat in the chapter(more than Roy, even), what with that Gespenst X AND Berserk staff. You absolutely HAVE to engage him with an iron rune, otherwise you WILL be one-shotted.

gVouAmQ.png

Oh, and the reinforcements spawn with chest keys! I'm taking some!

NEXT TIME: The struggle continues, with MORE pain, MORE death, and the ULTIMATE BETRAYAL BY FIR!

The Corruption of Roy: Part 7: Fight Through the Pain

46tRrSt.pngPkC29FK.png

Fir murders the longbow guy! Shigeid murders a general! We're starting things on a good note...right?

Right?

8jIvW8X.png

Oh crap, a paladin!

c8s3FhW.png

Oh, nevermind, my "starting off on a good note" powers-

heSOevl.png

-JUST WORE OFF.

1hZMdRF.png

The one, TINY bit of GOOD news is, Fir seems to have a bit of an AI bug-she can ONLY attack units she's standing right next to. Otherwise, she'll move right next to them, but not attack. Kind of like that one "AI-switching" bug that this one old program had, that you can see in certain hacks like Decay of the Fangs.

QxM3FVo.png

Oh crap! OH CRAP!

sfmx08c.png

Uh...maybe this will make things better!

Nf2RxZm.pngi8CdpOL.png

FOUR MIMICS

ALL SURROUNDING CATH

WHY?

SkG0oZE.png

ONE SAVESTATE LATER

DlbEU7h.png

Yes, good, wail on that priest I left as bait!

zGndNpo.png

NO, you're not supposed to kill EACH OTHER!

AFv7OLa.pngs5itiu7.png

Gah!

LjNXo1s.png

Okay, this is just going to keep happening forever.

PXQjb4y.png

"Lucky" me, I kept a savestate of before Shigeid got berserked! Unfortunately, I can't save Fir...we'll have to work around it! Somehow.

rLnLmpF.png

She actually does something helpful, even if she was massively injured by the general in the process! Hurrah?

H7DcosR.png

WHAT

WHY

PUXkCIA.png

NO FIR, GET AWAY FROM THE FRONT, YOU CAN'T FIGHT THESE GUYS

eGUVW9X.png

Oh, they both missed?

oCJIxa7.png

Is this good news or bad news?

7Y8FbTb.png

And then Clarine gets killed because I couldn't move or heal her.

O3utRby.png

NEW PLAN!

CeuvNPA.png

NO, GET AWAY FROM YOUR LEADER

gMUvWiD.png

SEE WHAT YOU DID?

F7qJZ3V.png

Oh hey, good level!

ieSngrh.png

NOT ANY MORE!

3Umr6bR.png

Good news everybody! WE'VE SURVIVED ONE MORE TURN!

1iJlW5p.png

I could go for it, RNG abusing for a crit on my part or a miss on his. I decide that I don't want to cheat THAT much though, and so I don't.

I will regret this later.

mZkRTJi.png

Well, the bait bought us a turn, but...

iSTjQdr.png

I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry.

nGuHu9W.png

One more turn. One more turn before this shitstorm is over!

cxXnhBr.png

I turn off animations for a while while this goes on...

M068pGm.pngIBG9xO2.pngBjiSuVU.png

So. This is basically what I saw. For twenty-thirty minutes straight.

Okay, let me explain how it went down.

You see Clarine there? Berserked, right? Of course. Anyways, berserked healers obviously won't heal, but they WILL run up to people who NEED healing, and just...stand there.

Remember, Fir can only attack people standing right next to her.

And she's still injured from the offscreen general attack earlier.

Making Clarine want to sit her butt right next to her, and not move, ever.

"But", you say, "if that's the case, then why is SHIGEID the one dying"? Well, Fir can ALSO kill Shigeid, and for SOME reason, she prioritizes taking him down slowly with the Astra sword, while he's carrying a swordslayer, instead of just slicing off Clarine's head in one shot.

With the swordslayer, I estimate Shigeid only needed to make two ~50% dodges. So, I just decided to RNG abuse for them. How long could it take, right?

The RNG promptly decided that today wasn't my day, and withheld the rolls from me for a very, very, VERY long time.

AND IT WAS TERRIBLE.

azUpaN3.png

And eventually, I realized that he had drugs in his inventory the whole time, and could have massively increased his survival chances right from the start!

GO ME!

rHMX5dx.png

And then he kept dying, until, GLORIOUSLY...

LIWhtGC.png

SHE MISSES! AND SHIGEID LIVES TO SEE ANOTHER DAY!

t4kfZgC.png

BUT THEN I HAD MADE A POSITIONING ERROR WITH LILINA

R71o2C0.png

AND HAD TO DO IT AGAIN

AND I CRIED

CCUXhmr.png

But then she missed again...

1EcJBQN.png

And never.

IN THE HISTORY OF FE.

HAS THAT HEALING BLUE GLOW.

BEEN A MORE WELCOME SIGHT.

xxsdpx3.png

If this was supposed to be some kind of reward for my suffering, it's lame.

RaTd4uy.png

Ah, back to normal, avoidable deaths!

OH2LMye.png

Wendy uses the REPEL LANCE! ...But there's almost no magic users in the chapter besides the berserk guy. Of course, it is still a power increase compared to the steel lance.

OCPbGDR.png

A BIT. FUCKING. LATE.

S8agj1D.png

And now we're blocking the reinforcements! Things are looking up!

52DkrHh.png

Wait, why did the chest disappear?

so1Dsfy.png

*GASP*

ZwRmoOv.png

Yes...

AWyJsXj.png

YES...

dLWCLmx.png

YEEEESSSS-I mean NO, I did NOT enjoy it!

B3LSgKW.png

IT WAS ALL WORTH IT FOR THIS

vZj6pwV.png

Wait...

Q82PS2a.png

N-no! I'll find a Side B! PLEASE, DON'T CRASH ON ME!

205nfd0.png

NOT NOW! ANYTIME BUT NOW!

gztZD2j.pngoVD8Jds.png

WWWHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????????????!!!!!!!

Pure.

Beautiful.

GOLD!

I don't think anyone would believe such a story. FE7 itself said that no one would, and that's why Eliwood, Lyn, and Hector canonically did not try to inform anyone besides a select few like Uther, who is related to Hector and is more likely to believe it even if it sounds ridiculous.

For that reason, I don't think it's a plothole.

EDIT: Then again... if multiple people say the story is true, and are not from the same country... Ehhh... FE7 had a million plotholes itself.

So yeah, I guess it is a plothole, but I was workin' with swiss cheese to begin with.

Fair enough, Roy would have probably ended up that way without the fe7 story anyway. I mean he is a red heading war killing machine that took down ole zephi and the dragons, would have went mad cause he couldn't put those special set of skills to use anymore. "Power unused is power wasted"

Fair enough, Roy would have probably ended up that way without the fe7 story anyway. I mean he is a red heading war killing machine that took down ole zephi and the dragons, would have went mad cause he couldn't put those special set of skills to use anymore. "Power unused is power wasted"

If a prophet told you that the world was going to be awash in blood, and your child was the one who would save the world, I'm pretty sure any father would be terrified as all hell and try to make sure their son had what it takes.

Either that, or they would try to prevent fate, or not believe it, but Athos is a centuries old mystical wizard, and near the end of FE7, there were signs of Bern ready to go to war. I think Eliwood would take the hint.

With that in mind, I think not only would Eliwood be hard on Roy, but everyone else as well, but for different reasons. Eliwood would do it because of his fears regarding the prophecy, and believing it his duty to make sure his son saves the world. Everyone else would be hard on Roy because... well, his father's this naturally talented, charming, romantic fellow and Roy's this short, dorky, socially awkward guy with a perfectionist complex, and whom things don't really seem to come naturally to.

And then finally Roy fulfills his destiny, and everything he was trained for is no longer useful. Imagine what all of this does to a kid his age. That CAN'T be healthy.

That is what fascinates me about Roy. There is so much potential for deconstructing and analyzing him. That was the inspiration for The Corruption Of Roy. The problem is, while I feel my story ideas are great on paper, I am not a good enough writer to make it believable. In the right hands, this would have been amazing, but ya got me instead.

Edited by MarkyJoe1990

I heard something about MageKnight404 having played The Corruption of Roy, but I can't seem to find the video. Anyone want to drop a link?

That's because MK404 never LP'd it...

I asked AstraLunaSol to LP it. When he did, he skipped through text a lot and never got around to finishing it. You should watch Ephraim225's playthrough instead, since it's actually complete.

I heard something about MageKnight404 having played The Corruption of Roy, but I can't seem to find the video. Anyone want to drop a link?

It's on Markyjoe's channel, under his Ragefest 3 playlist.

So...someone may or may not be in the process of possibly giving me files of what may or may not be the two released chapters of Project Shoeshine. Hence why I changed the poll-do you guys WANT to see them?

Anyways, let's skip the intro and get straight to...

The Corruption of Roy: Part 8: Final Wave

Now, if you'll remember, last time we got a fake ending, which was very dissapointing. So, I opened up a different chest instead:

urEV7q4.png

Instantly cheered up! This thing is great!

LOF5gx1.png

I tile-test for a bit, but obviously the way to go is here:

4A9L1tU.png

Yeah!

MTIOPsb.png

Sophia: One more left.

Oh, right...there are two.

hD3g4wB.png

I get curious and open this door, but nothing comes out.

nlhNC2q.png

So I use a savestate and open this one instead...

qcLc7CQ.png

...I don't get it either.

uVHbLpx.png

Oh, I guess this isn't the second button? Must be one of the ones on the floor then.

Honestly, we actually have a pretty good handle on the situation right now. Looking back, I should have taken more time to prepare...

ryyEZsg.png

Fir loses this, for the second time.

i0jevb0.png

Alright, this is clearly-

lF7yfFQ.png

Uh, this means it must be-

5ZvdEg4.png

Uh...

TEST EVERYTHING!

ad60HRe.png

Turns out it's where Lilina's standing. Now we know the purpose of that side-room!

dQycKs5.png

Indeed you did, loser!

Roy: To think I’d have to resort to such power…

bt00HF6.pngGvRHq47.png

Oh, CRAP!

6EZ0fyL.png

Roy: CHARGE!!!

TFZHyAR.png

First up, the wall separating Roy's room from the lower chamber is now GONE. Second off, it seems that the Thracia fog has covered about half of our arena.

This fog, however, is SPECIAL. You see, every turn, our vision is reduced by one tile. So, it might not seem too threatening now, but if you take too long, you'll barely be able to see anything.

Of course, I'm pretty sure it stops before it gets REALLY bad, but...still.

W89oluv.pngG2teSTT.png

The thieves are all very high-level. They might SEEM harmless, but remember what was in the center chest, specifically, FOUR MIMICS? Yeah. Luckily, their room only has one entrance, so just keep it blocked and they can't get out.

NPz7LUb.png

Oh, and now ALL the enemies are moving.

NIzqxlZ.png

Including Hujix with his Gespenst X. And Roy, but I didn't catch a screenshot.

48fmnqh.png

And now we can't see him anymore! Hence why it's called "The Encroaching Darkness"!

qZdpFCk.png

Okay! Here's the plan! First, we kill all these thieves!

71hvNri.png

They approach...

BSvA1Dq.pngmAgBnTG.png

Sophia helps stall them, gaining her twentieth level. Seriously, this lady is AMAZING.

gADFiX5.png

And then she gets crit-killed by a swordsmaster.

Okay, so, my plan was, we hole up in the thieves' room and try to last it out. But it didn't work, because the Gespenst X shaman would have just pounded me. All in all, it was a bad idea.

HV7IZOv.png

So, let's take it from the top!

9fC1kv6.png

Why didn't I do this earlier? NOW Sophia can last out all the enemies, even the 130-crit assassins!

nSb7PiV.png

Not even Wendy can resist the power of Judge.

rk3Z7nb.png

So, my strategy is to plop her on the pillar with the Iron Rune and Nosferatu...

ClZSVxq.png

And HOPE THIS MISSES.

PlBRkhk.png

*some time later*

UHlEIbp.png

Okay, now we have to deal with Jury and her crit swordsmasters! Not to mention, we can't put off taking care of Hujix any longer!

vIiqcTb.png

BAM. One-shot!

XV4pbb0.png

I thinks she critted here.

0d1J0LE.png

Yeah!

VAm49vB.png

What?

Agep8ZR.png

Uh...

5pTgZs1.png

No, don't die on me now! That could have been valuable information!

gi0Xwqn.png

Moving in Clarine to heal, and Wendy to block the way to her! Uber strats!

Fcy42Yq.png

Markyjoe apparently tried to import in a general sprite. It didn't work.

ZdoAFRS.png

Lucky for us, Jury isn't NEARLY as powerful as Judge, and Sophia is fast enough to not get doubled!

This makes me wonder, is a 0% growths run of this in any way possible?

BXYGBrT.pngO2t5meq.png

Sophia's just as eager to get this over with as me!

sTAMoyP.png

The final wave of generics, and Roy is right behind them!

fQ5FAXB.png

Bam!

Ou9VuBI.png

Dangit, I was hoping Wendy would be able to kill her!

YK8tEoj.png

And then she died.

u9ghpm0.png

More than once.

pE23WZX.png

Eventually, I just have Wendy tank this guy out, so Sophia can focus her energies on other mooks.

I3EB2qI.png

And do it on a pillar! Yeah!

G7UUhar.png

TAKE THOSE ASSASSINS OUT!

nVl7ONm.png

Well everyone...this is it. We can kill Roy this turn! Time for everyone to pitch in and TAKE HIM DOWN! I checked, and Sophia doesn't have a "talk" option, so we'll HAVE to kill him!

NEXT TIME: It ends.

That's because MK404 never LP'd it...

I asked AstraLunaSol to LP it. When he did, he skipped through text a lot and never got around to finishing it. You should watch Ephraim225's playthrough instead, since it's actually complete.

Oops. Nevermind my previous comment, I was totally wrong.

The Corruption of Roy: Part 9: End of the Suffering

YspPYNB.png

Okay, it's time to FINISH THIS! We're going to start with a Luna attack, to bypass his RES and weaken him! We have to attack with 2-range units, as we really can't survive his sword...

(I checked, there's no "talk" option)

RuRHwlz.png0WiVRLn.png

The portraits are kind of on the wrong sides...

Roy: You can’t possibly bring yourself to kill me, can you?

G5ACF8n.png

Roy: You still think this isn’t real, don’t you?

yo2p2nz.png

?

qsnn54q.png

Roy: You’re such a weak and frail woman! I should have never married someone so pathetic!

DPruO4L.png

Oh?

NeJqMmA.pngqGEbxuj.png

Yes! You tell him, Sophia!

AH8nu3n.png

No crit, but he is weaker now! I could RNG abuse here, but...I won't.

Next up, LILINA!

idGRPW9.png

Roy: Lilina? Hah! Glad to see you join the fun! How would you like to be killed? Sliced in half? Impaled? Personally I would prefer beaten to death!

Lilina: R-roy! Why are you doing this? Please answer me!

Roy: Hahaha… I’ll tell you, but only because it will make your death even more hilarious.

Lilina: …..

Roy: You’ve always been a useless little girl. When your father died, you took rule of Ostia and all of Lycia. But you are weak, and because of that the economy suffered.

Lilina: B… but…

Roy: You’re a disgrace! It’s because of rulers like you who cause Lycia to be what it is now! A smoldering hell! Tell me, how does that make you feel, Lilly girl?

sasMrkC.png5GMzx0P.png

That would have been "OUCH"...WITHOUT the laugh and messed up dialogue arrow.

Lilina: … No. But you will.

Roy: Wha!?

Lilina: How dare you… laughing at my mistakes! What about you, Roy? Is THIS what you consider better? Conquering Lycia with brutality? I’m not the best duchess… but at least I don’t lose sight of what I believe in!

Roy: …

Lilina: I once wanted to believe I could be more than a friend to you. But you’ve changed. Now I want to be as far from you as I can possibly get! I hate you!

cifQ6pW.png

What bluff?

Roy: This will be more fun than I had ever imagined! Come Lilina! Make me feel the anger of Ostia’s duchess!

z9LChd0.png

...Nice heroic resolve there, Lilina.

ROUND THREE: WENDY!

t3fHvcu.png

Roy: For you to make it past my guards is a feat worthy of my praise. As acknowledgement for your skills, You’ve earned the honor of being sliced in half by me, personally! I hope you enjoy your trip to hell! HAHAHAHAHA!!!

I guess this is the generic bossquote. Wendy must not be SPECIAL enough.

i5IcVDG.png

She actually HITS, though! It would have been amazing if she crit, but alas...

FINAL ROUND...

NGfAErC.png

SHIGEID!

Come on man! IT'S ALL YOU!

mLPA86g.png

Roy: You look familiar. Ah that’s right! You are that mercenary I hired.

Shigeid: Explain yourself. Why did you imprison your own wife?

Roy: Give me one reason why I should tell you.

Shigeid: Because if you don’t, there won’t be any reason for me to let you live!

Roy: Is that so? How amusing. You fight ferociously against whomever you perceive as evil. Yet, you seem to have forgotten who hired you.

Shigeid: “Money means nothing if it’s earned from a dishonest hand” That is the way of the Wolfen mercenaries. I will not defile that ideal!

Looking back, him mentioning the Wolfen mercenaries is actually really important for Markyjoe's final hack.

Roy: A mercenary group with morals? Not the first time I’ve met one. Let’s see how strongly you feel about those ideals then!

And then, finally, using the POWER OF IDEALS, the POWER OF LOVE, the POWER OF HONESTY, and the POWER OF PLEASE PLEASE PLEAAASSEEEEE HIT, manages toooooo...

KrwFp23.pngsdDhoue.png

...uh...ooooooooooooooo...

ZDmxX1d.png

ooooooooooooooooooo(*gasp*)ooo....

EXwyt0q.png

ooo HIT AND KILL HIM ON THE SECOND TRY! YEAH!

RSfQVy8.png

Roy: Agh… no…

QVGeeeO.png

TOO BAD.

bb6Qj9H.png

It's a pity he won't keep these stats.

8KUKtAl.png

Hurrah! Ending cutscene! We really did it! Now, hopefully, for some answers...

Sophia: I’m so sorry Roy… …….

WETb0aY.png

Cath: will be set free. My work here is done. … I should probably sneak out before I’m spotted.

f0KL2Tj.png

She "leaves", by walking up to the exit without leaving the map. Probably because she got stuck inside a wall.

u6kqwv0.png

Reddiers show up...but they aren't evil anymore!

Sophia: …..

Reddier: We’re sorry you were imprisoned for so long. We were just following orders… Lady Sophia…?

8N0ZdDC.png

Sophia: … I… I can’t believe it… All that time… we spent together… It almost feels like a faint…

wXmUfkR.png

And then she faints.

wM7tg3l.png1H3G4vM.png

Reddier 2#: She killed the marquess! Why are we not punishing her for her crimes?

Get out, loser! Roy was the evil one here!

Lilina: What’s wrong with you! Sophia had no choice but to fight back, as did I! Roy may have been a hero once, but that does not justify what he has done!

Reddier 2#: …

Lilina: Roy used to be a man who would fight to the bitter end for what he believed in! That Roy died a long time ago. In his place… came a horrible monster…

ktZErU7.png

Reddier 2#: I’ve turned a blind eye to his actions for too long… Forgive me…

Lilina: …Let’s get Lady Sophia to a bed.

IqwYS7A.pngwVVIKGz.png

The map screen disappeared. It's really over!

Sophia: What… what happened? Was I… dreaming this whole time?

Oh, please don't let it be one of THOSE plots...

Servant: What do you mean?

Sophia: Is… is Roy alive?

Servant: I’m afraid not.

Sophia: ……

Servant: I’m sorry…

UMpqiHL.png

Weren't you THERE for it?

Qv62Ip4.png

Oh, you meant BEFORE the start.

Servant: While you were imprisoned, he used his reputation to gain massive support to start a rebellion against Ostia. Duchess Lilina was captured, and Ostia was taken under control by Pherae. During all of this, you were kept unconscious.

Sophia: … I see…

Servant: Since Roy is dead, that means you are Pherae’s new leader. Have you thought of what you will do?

05iHZ8d.png

Except for the part where you murdered everyone.

Sophia: I need… more time… to know what is going on …before I make any decisions.

Servant: I see… …If you need anything, let me know.

0OrNYso.png

Sophia: I decided to become the duchess so I could marry you…

Y2YPVAn.png

This is what happens when you make bad decisions, people.

Sophia: If I leave Pherae with no heir, Lycia will be left in chaos… I don’t know why you lost your way, but… The Roy I knew wanted his land to be peaceful and prosperous. So… I will stay here… and make it so… for you… That is what you would have wanted… Right?

And thus, it's over. I'll take about the plot in a minute, but for now, ENDINGS!

I7pvg36.pngSNw5bb1.pngPjTJfpo.png

Happy endings!

hmBd682.png

I guess "her" refers to Sophia?

4AHqHIn.pngMxsLVoT.pngnNMc4iu.pngT6IUEUz.png

Cath still not getting an army position.

O4gLQJ9.png

Hurrah!

UufcOsl.png

N: were kept under hush.

lLZHGPf.pngxCwbpsg.png

N: In the end, it doesn’t matter.

So yeah, we basically get no reason for why Roy went insane. I'm gonna wait just a bit longer to engage in a spiel...

CAbJN3Z.png

YES!

osimmQq.png

*GASP*

UGZazIk.png

Avert your eyes if you don't want to TOO LATE!

MYXqtWG.png

Did I ever actually show the readme? No? Here it is(warning: LONG!):

O===============O
|1. Introduction|
O===============O
This is my submission to my Fire Emblem hacking contest,
Ragefest 3: Douchey Today, Relieved Tomorrow. Despite the
goal of the contest being to make a creative hack that is
rage inducingly hard and funny, the story presented by my
submission is fairly serious.
There are bits of humor in the submission, but almost all
of it has no story context, and will likely prompt you to
say "What the heck was that all about!?"
As such, if you're playing for the story, you might want
to pretend most of the funny parts never happened. Though,
I highly doubt you're here for story in the first place.
In my opinion, you're probably here because you have a
strong urge to play something extremely hard and frustrating.
If that is the case, you're going to be very pleased.
This submission was passionately crafted from the deepest
hatred within my soul. I've playetested it several times
and designed it so that you will never have a moment
of reprise. Combining genuine difficulty with Trial
& Error, only stubborn minds will be able to conquer
this colossus of torture.
O========================O
|2. Patching Instructions|
O========================O
First, get a UPS patcher. For these instructions, I'll
assume you have NUPS, which you can get here:
Next, you'll need a Fire Emblem 7 ROM. I won't
tell you how to get this, but with the help of google,
you should be able to find it pretty quickly.
After you get that, open NUPS up and select "Apply an
UPS patch to a file". Select the file you wish to
patch, and the UPS that will patch the file, then under
the "If file is invalid" thing, select ignore. Lastly,
click "patch". You should be set.
O========O
|3. Story|
O========O
One year has passed since Roy lead the Etrurian alliance
and defeated the Kingdom of Bern. Ever since then, the
continent of Elibe has been in the process of reconstruction.
Sometime after the war ended, Roy married a nabata
priestess named Sophia, and with the help of her wisdom,
Roy was able to maintain peace in Pherae, a territory
in the Lycian Alliance of which he is the Marquess.
One night however, Roy's wife Sophia wakes up to find
herself locked up in a prison cell. Before she can ponder
what has happened, Sophia is released by Cath, a thief
who aided Roy in the war. The thief tells her that Pherae
has invaded the head territory of the Lycian Alliance,
Ostia. Refusing to believe her husband would be responsible
for such a traitorous act, Sophia reluctantly follows Cath
around in hopes that what she has been told is false.
O========O
|4. Guide|
O========O
Consult the guide folder.
O================O
|5. Special Prize|
O================O
If you managed to beat this hack, you should have gotten a
password. You can use that password to unlock the contents
of this zip file:
Enjoy your prize~
O===============O
|6. Future Plans|
O===============O
Please note that this list isn't finalized. Not everything
on here is guarenteed to be put in later updates.
- Add more humor
- Remove all glitches
- Improve level design of the second half
- Improve dialogue so it feels less stilted
- Finish the special prize earned at the end of the submission
- Make a "Non-Ragefest" version that removes all trial & error
- Make a video of this hack, with commentary
- Remove all story plot holes
- Improve the ending
- Add more recruitment dialogues
- Extra Mode: Essentially the same chapter, story-wise, but with
an entirely new map, enemies are much stronger and have different
placements, and all of your characters' stats from the previous
playthrough will carry over. You will also be able to promote
your units.
O===========O
|7. Glitches|
O===========O
- Resetting the emulator or turning it off resets certain event
IDs. This is less problematic since version 1.3
- A certain chest in part 2, if opened by a thief, gives the
same result as if opened by a player. Not so much a glitch as
something I overlooked.
- Most likely a flaw of the engine: Spawn points, if blocked by
an enemy, will still spawn an enemy if the spawn point is out
of the player's vision.
O==========O
|8. Contact|
O==========O
E-Mail - markyjoe1990@gmail.com
Skype - Markyjoe1990
AIM - Markyjoe1990
O==========O
|9. Credits|
O==========O
Cedar Nyx - For Shigeid's Portrait and for feedback and playtesting
Ephraim225 - For feedback and playtesting.
Obviam - For the FEditor Adv Tool and his Fire Emblem hacking documents
Nintenlord - For the Event Assembler, Tiled Map Inserter, and Graphics Editor Tools
Archibald - For making Elibean Nights, which was somewhat of an inspiration for this hack
Fire Emblem Hacking Community - For compilating together and creating Nightmare and it's modules
Nintendo & Intelligent Systems - For making the Fire Emblem series
Various other people - for the Advanced Palette Editor and Sappy program
Sophia from Fire Emblem 6 - For being damn hot and being one of the more interesting characters in the game

For those who didn't look, the password is used to unlock a .zip file over the internet. But I'm almost entirely certain the download isn't working anymore, so I didn't even try. If it is working, I'll try to show it off, though.

URRgAgJ.pngINUWGvR.png

I'm guessing it's never happening.

So, after that, it brought up a save screen. I saved to go on to the next chapter, and...

T4gnk6D.pngRPhaCBC.png

IT STARTS OVER

IT'S AN ETERNAL CYCLE

lWn9rzV.pngr8d33Xj.png

Except that you keep all your weapons and stats, so...New Game Plus, essentially!

Anyways, now for my final thoughts...

FINAL THOUGHTS:

So. This hack was VERY FRUSTRATING. First, I'm going to comment on the gameplay.

This hack was actually rather fun to play, when I wasn't driven to tears by the insanity. The BGM(which you guys didn't get to hear) was good, the difficulty was insane, the traps were entertaining to fall for...everything was A-okay. And there was enough trial-and-error stuff that I really don't feel bad about having abused savestates. At all.

The only problem was that Roy himself was kind of an anticlimax, even if it was interesting how a banter-and-fight thing worked out. Maybe more tankiness, but less offense would have been good, so it would have been more than "get him alone and dogpile him".

Overall, I can't decide whether I had a great or terrible time with the gameplay.

Now, the story.

This hack's story...wasn't good. At all. See, the main problem is, throughout the entire hack, we're led to believe that Roy had some reason for what he was doing, that he was being controlled by some other force, or something. Everyone is speculating as to WHY, especially in the scene in-between the two "maps" of this hack. The reason they come up with doesn't hold up that well-why would you go insane AFTER you resolved all your problems?-And at the end of the hack, the game basically says "there wasn't really a reason", turning the ENTIRE THING into an outright excuse plot, albeit one that takes itself WAY too seriously(or at least, takes itself too seriously half the time. The other half isn't even trying.).

All in all, I'd say that this was at the very least an ENTERTAINING LP, for everyone involved. And that's what counts!

EDIT: Okay, turns out the dropbox link actually WAS working. So, if you want to know...

First, there's a readme you need to unlock with the password:

Great job beating my submission!
You must've had to spend a fort
night beating it.
For your suffering, you have
earned an arranged soundtrack
consisting of all the songs
I composed for the hack.
Thanks for your time
- Markyjoe1990
And then there's five music tracks, with the BGM from the hack! Cool!
Edited by TheMoniker

Hm... I somewhat disagree with your point about the story, TheMoniker, but we'll get into that when I make my replies.

Uh... also. You should prolly skip Project Shoeshine. There is nothing noteworthy about it.

Edited by MarkyJoe1990

A bit late, but I think something happens if you let the fog during part 2 get too close to you. Might want to add that as an extra maybe?

Huh? I thought it just stopped advancing after a while. Maybe I'll do an "extras" update at the end of this, with all the stuff I missed...

Could I get the music tracks and your save file after beating the game? I wanna try New Game+ o3o

Not gonna relinquish the .sav, but the music tracks don't even require the password, you can just use the dropbox link in my last post.

Well everybody, today we're going to play an actually GOOD hack! That's right, CHRONICLES OF LUSSARIA! Despite Klok's claim to the contrary, this hack is WAY better than all the others (except for maybe Corruption of Roy).

However, the starting dialogue and gameplay into took a TON of screenshots. To the point that I'm going to have to make a 2-part prelude for the first level! So, no gameplay today, but we will get started on:

The PRELUDE PRELUDE, PART 1!

roGyb1h.png

No custom title screen or I would have showed it off, so let's get right into it!

yMP8k8s.png

Oh yes!

p3tHYU7.png

Indeed I do!

7Qo9GSJ.png

Wait...uh, that would be, 5/10/*illegible*, male, 555-452-4521...

8SCP6k9.png

Space@PlanetofSuck8712, single, I don't know, Z...

0LyCFxa.png

Did I pass?

nO1HbEC.png

It's been three days. I haven't gotten a call.

I HOPE YOU KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS.

GEYZrwg.png

...Because I sure don't.

ZjNAs3N.png

Once again, Markyjoe will be using this information against us. Of course, if we didn't make a dude, he'd just use the default name, "Borris".

uJaYUpW.png\

...Looks a lot like Elibe! Except with a REALLY WEIRD name!

25apszt.png

Oh?

9t0SWHa.png

Oh. Oh wow.

N: Seriously. No emperor or demon lord trying to take over the world or destroy humanity or anything! There’s not even one country pressuring the other into war for incredibly lame reasons. Aside from occasional bandit shenanigans, this continent is probably the last place you’d see a conflict happening. “But why is that”?, you ask?

ZVhBWPz.png

Hurrah!

2hCI5Z0.png

Wait, what? In history, "killer" mercenary bands wandering around have the OPPOSITE effect!

N: One of them is the highly successful Wolfen mercenaries, led by a clever and rather hot tactician, Lussaria.

Since we're "highly successful", we start with some cash AND way more dudes than any normal FE would ever give you.

OLJoVMX.png

N: She’s like, anime hot.

One the other hand, they also have THIS beautiful portrait!

OTUJicA.png

N: That’s where I come in…

Oh man, OMINOUSNESS!

9NOhqxE.png

Instead of "prologue" we get "prelude".

DIBWefV.png

And thus, this reveals another special thing about this hack-it's on permanent casual mode! Long as you protect your lord, you don't have to reset for every tiny mistake!

EPHQDO9.pngqU2SnK1.png

However, Markyjoe will of course use this as an excuse to make the hack have crushingly brutal difficulty! Or he would have, if it had lasted for longer than 2 levels.

R1oZa1E.png

Who's speaking?

pEfN6EW.png

...Oh.

vEceiPt.png

???: I mean. Why else did you download the patch?

fRurIUx.pngafypQk9.png

And so, once again Markyjoe is addressing us, FAR more directly than normal! Also, look carefully at the portrait...

That's right, it's SLIGHTLY LESS TERRIBLE! It's basically the V2.0 of the old and terrible portrait!

Markyjoe: Though, you probably already know that since you read the readme. … You DID read it, right?

Xz81KEV.png

Well, might as well put it here.

1. Intro

Fire Mumblem is a comedy hack that follows the story of a bunch of hackers trying to make a Fire Emblem hack. In the process of such, they end up fiddling with the life of an unsuspecting band of misfit sellswords who call themselves the Wolfen Mercenaries.

The hack contains features such as the Bonus Task system, in which completing arbitrary tasks rewards you with character-specific stat boosts, money, items, and more. It also has the Netherworld, a world where all main characters go when they die to recieve hints from the creators of the game.

Beyond that, the hack also has custom maps, events, dialogue, and all that other fun stuff that's a standard in Fire Emblem hacks nowadays.

2. Help Me Help You Project?

Included with the main game is the Help Me Help You Project hack. This is a hack made long before FM:CoL's first beta release and was made as a trade off for receiving portraits from the members of The Emblem Brigade. It was never finished, but it was integral for getting many of the portraits you see now in the main project. It is also MarkyJoe1990's attempt at putting some of his level design theories to the test.

3. Set Up

You'll need

- A ROM of Fire Emblem 7: Rekka no Ken (AKA Fire Emblem in the US). For legal reasons, I cannot link you to this, so you'll need to find it on your own.

- A UPS patcher. Such as Nintenlord's NUPS.

- A Game Boy Advance Emulator. I recommend Visual Boy Advance.

From here, you will use the UPS patcher to apply the UPS to your ROM. Once that is done, open up the ROM in your emulator and you can start playing this hack.

4. Credits

Fire Mumblem Team

MarkyJoe1990 - Head of project, level designer, main story writer, music composer, ROM manager

SgtSmilies - Portrait creator, level designer

OverlordPichu - Portrait creator

Keegan Meyer - Animation creator

Morgan Mckay - Story editor

Ephraim225 - Level designer

PwnageKirby - Critique

JadeWyvernRider - Critique, self proclaimed "Advisor"

Mari - Moral Support and some of the writing

Blazer - ASM

Ash - Level designer

Fishman - Level designer

Golden Warrior - ???

Rodney Rusho - Some portraits and level design

Other Contributors

Nintenlord - Hacking Tools

Hextator/7eld/Obviam - Hacking tools

Archibald - Hacking tutorials, hacking tools

Icy Toast - Hacking tools

FlyingAce24 - Hacking tools

SpyroDi/Pukachi - Hacking tools

Keriku - Hacking tools

Nickt - Portraits

SquareRootOfPi - Portraits

Nayr - Portraits

Cedar Nyx - Portraits

Blazer - ASM, portraits, hacking tutorials

5. Contact

You can contact the head of the project, MarkyJoe1990, at this e-mail: markyjoe1990@gmail.com

It's in a chrome HTML document instead of a .txt, so...it will look a bit different.

hSBnHrR.png

Markyjoe: Glad to see you’re not like that.

lPc2jke.png

If you didn't open that spoiler, then this is the choice for you!

eXoYfsN.pngLtgYIcC.pngdbj5yVx.png

More insultingness! Anyways, this is where the two paths meet up:

gsmviGC.png

Markyjoe: the tactician of the Wolfen mercenaries. Our goal as Fire Emblem hackers is to give you some gameplay and story. So how about a quick sample of what you’re getting yourself into? Ephraim225!

Ephraim225?

zaDGLfA.png

That is the BEST SPLICE EVER.

Markyjoe: I have a task for you.

mrursBz.png

Transition time!

pjxTKbX.png

And here we have the Wolfen mercenaries, doing...something!

pMsfxEI.png

Who's this guy? He looks lame.

yyIMODs.png

Turns out he IS lame.

QVQ1O7G.png

Hero guy: Dodging, pal. It exists. Hya!

Cav noob: Ah! Guh!

RR38aej.png

Lussaria: Jonsin! C’mere!

Jonsin: Nngh…

2565vLi.png

Lussaria: Do you need a break?

pvgeWWe.png

At least he tries.

Lussaria: Sheesh! Take it easy! What do you think I’m going to do, bite your head off?

Jonsin: W-well. Not really…

Lussaria: Whatever. It looks like you’re just nervous. To be frank; I don’t blame you. Feltyn really gets into character when he trains.

Jonsin: W-what are you getting at?

Lussaria: You hunt, correct?

Jonsin: Y-yeah…

Lussaria: Picture Feltyn as a wild boar. Surely you’re not intimidated by that, are you?

Jonsin: Errm… I’ll try it!

And then, with new resolve, he moves to

8gAmbK5.png

MISS AGAIN

05TSaL3.png

And Feltyn hits back this time.

5gP1Xfq.png

That sword looked like it went into...not your shoulder.

Lussaria: That was even worse than last time! Did you take my advice?

Jonsin: I was doing it…

CAjjn8d.pngRQCiDWF.png

Already, look at this higher quality dialogue...ISN'T IT GREAT...

QivyTkt.pngCu88eu6.png

Feltyn: Maybe then… we could be together. Oh dear Lussaria. I will fight heaven and hell for you. Through the sea and earth, by the sky and-…

This guy kind of has a crush on Lussaria.

5y1MTt0.png

Drunk monk: Does he realize he’s been saying the same thing for six years?

Archer: Maybe we should consult him.

Drunk monk: Naaaah. More fun to hear him pine over a woman twenty feet away from him.

Archer: Isn’t that eavesdropping?

Drunk monk: Nothing we haven’t heard before, Marina…

lmA3928.png

Subtlety!

JsAdZBD.png

Drunk monk: I’m gonna go get hammered later. Wanna join?

Marina: Oh? Well. Yeah, sure. Okay.

Drunk monk: You seem surprised.

Marina: I am a bit. It’s not common for you to chum it up with others.

Drunk monk: Times change. People change. For several years, God has been my only solace. And yet, there’s something missing… a sense of… alleviation. Perhaps what I need is friends.

SgUZWpN.png

Aww, she's so cute when she smiles.

Honestly, all the portraits in this hack are good. Like, really good.

Drunk monk: Yes… I suppose I do.

QHZKG4N.png

More people! The one speaking is the mage, and the fighter over there is Shigeid, straight out of Corruption of Roy!

SQSVHnp.png

Lussaria: How did the expedition go?

Sorlene: There was some difficulty along the way. But we got what we came for.

bnOQCcI.png

And thus, we have our LORD WEAPON!

IlLdgLU.png

Sorlene: Holy jeez, Lucy. Calm down. At the end of the day, it’s just a book, isn’t it?

Lnf6ERN.png

Establishing character moments, right here!

SvMPvmp.pngv1CyenX.png

Feltyn: Maybe what you need is good motivation. Hm… I’ve got it!

KZeG44i.png

Feltyn leaves...but he'll be back...

6hTN4oB.png

With our final starting character!

Feltyn: Yup. Knock yourself out.

WYsH0dx.png

Big guy: Hey. You like shish kabob?

Jonsin: … Y… Yeah…

KXV2LE6.png7JMvr77.png

Big guy: Then you better start wailin’ til your heart starts failin’!

Jonsin: B-but I’m exhausted!

Big guy: Alright. Time for dyin’.

Z2qgFmE.png

Right as it looks like Jorin's going to get owned even worse...

JmWUSdu.png

Someone shows up at just the right time to "save" him!

Annnnnd I'm gonna cut it here! Next time, we'll actually get to see gameplay stuff! Or at least, the prelude to the gameplay stuff.

The PRELUDE PRELUDE, Part 2!

8mP6DBn.png

Last time, on Moniker's coolness show...

u1AQ6JM.pngg45BUVE.png

And then he moves right up to us.

Ephraim225: Since, you know, the door was open and all.

4N8iwTQ.pngnNRMMEJ.png

Yes, "Feltyn" indeed.

Lussaria: He didn’t mean litera—

Ephraim225: Exactly.

Feltyn: See? I was right.

Lussaria: Let me handle this…

6wyjKNQ.png

Lussaria: Unless this is something important, leave us be.

Ephraim225: I would think being attacked is kind of important.

Lussaria: It would be. If you were any good at it.

I love how Lussaria just disses him.

Ephraim225: Okay. If you won’t even respond to being attacked… I guess I’ll just leave…

Which he does...

P6KYKNX.pngH0RDjXg.png

But then he comes back, WITH DUDES!

f72Coej.png

Feltyn, of course, takes an extra moment to notice.

hj6Lh7v.png

Ephraim225: Eh? Try giving THIS the silent treatment!

BsMG7Sc.pngIekhacZ.png0nK9uGn.png

Marina: But we are most definitely boned here.

Come on guys, don't be worried! It's 8 awesomes versus...slightly more losers!

8uLDENH.png

Shigeid(?): Great.

jHtYsrA.png

Poalski, HE'S got the right idea.

FNdiMGb.pngvEAYAWz.png

Okay...

2cnhCMB.png

I like this plan.

INft6J4.png

Feltyn: A slew of soldiers have surrounded us! It’s almost like they just appeared out of nowhere!

IdRbFTf.png

Seriously, there's a merc right next to him!

gsMd6ZM.png

...At least he has an EXPLANATION. Better than MOST FE bosses!

Ephraim225: Priceless.

n1q2C7C.png

Ephraim225: Shut up. I don’t have a problem.

Yeah, calm down, random offscreen mook.

Lussaria: What is the meaning of this!? Tell me!!

7QCzcBC.png

Seriously, there's been SO MUCH talking!

Lussaria: Blackhearted cur!

END DIALOGUE

2KdBLOb.png

Then we re-arrange, and it's time to-

Nj0aRUg.png

Oh, right! This is the second incarnation of Bonus Tasks. I feel they're implemented better here than in New Fire Mumblem, but...I'll talk more about them later.

qz7SXzo.png

By which I mean, NOW! 75% of the tasks in the hack are pretty much "LTC like crazy". And they're all VERY TIGHT LTC's. This chapter is kind of forgiving, a little, but you can't just sit there if you want that 4 turn clear. The next chapter is where you're pretty much forced into one specific strategy if you want to do everything.

Anyways, NOW it's time to fight! I go into my options to set it up, as always...

RH5wtsP.png

But they're already done before me! Markyjoe automatically sets everything to fast, so you don't have to endure really slow text while you wait for an opportunity to change the settings. In all honesty, you have to wonder why OTHER hacks don't do this.

xSYux9T.png

mCmqKt1.png

This is the whole map, and it's pretty simple. A bunch of allies working downwards against a bunch of enemies. EVERYONE is going to charge right from the get-go, but nobody is particularly powerful, so it's nothing THAT difficult. The REAL problem is getting to that house in the south in 4 turns...

Stat time!

RBrS2lI.pngZI2audJ.pngShmkqFz.png

Lussaria first! Her stats look weak, but she has the AWESOME Zig. Stardust as a crutch! Even if it doesn't have effectiveness, it has other properties that make it amazing, like 1-2 range and statboosts!

jC7hOFG.pngjlB3GDd.pngv0zGeIK.png

Here's Jonsin, the really weak cavalier. At the start, he can't do much other than chip, and...he never really has the chance to get better. Ah well. Note the shred of weapon XP, presumably gained from attacking Feltyn.

Also, Booze is our vulnerary replacement. Does it make more or less sense than toast? You decide!

X4ovKVh.pngywOeZi5.pngMM13EuX.png

Kinsan is a monk, right off the bat! I don't have growths, so it's really hard to tell the potential of individual characters, but he seems alright. I like his characterization too.

yZo5AYo.pngYswpzgX.pngDPh9nWp.png

Here's Shigeid, having lost all his levels from Corruption of Roy! He also lost that cool killer axe, too... Anyways, he seems to have pretty good speed for a fighter.

b5yQWG9.pngo6n0d3r.pngfQNvK8c.png

Here's Feltyn, who has the Wave Runner from New Fire Mumblem(with the same stats, I think)! He's our crutch character, if you couldn't tell, and he's pretty much NECESSARY for completing all the LTC objectives.

BJqZ8pJ.pngMc98Wb5.pngRf5uJs2.png

Sorlene is our squishy mage, and she drops easy, but she can manage some good offense if we get her near enemies. NEVER put her near groups of enemies numbering more than...1.

XAHLgaw.pngrdMoRWR.pngFMO02O9.png

And here's Marina, the AWESOME archer! Markyjoe chose to make the archer good by giving them STATISTICAL SUPERIORITY! Now to mention, an early longbow! She'll be very helpful for her ability to actually double and manage good offense!

2NXYQiE.png94UOQWe.pngBY6Icjz.png

Finally, Poalski, our armor knight! He isn't dying anytime soon, and he could probably solo the chapter, except for maybe the fighters. Of course, that would be really slow and lame, so we won't do it!

fK8ukx6.pngaiPJqOq.png

The generics are all really lame, and don't pose much of a threat.

2cXujwy.pngoPjlAea.png

Ephraim(225), despite being a prepromote boss, totally sucks! We'll stomp him with ease! Of course, doing it in 4 turns does make it a bit harder...

NEXT TIME: The epic(and surprisingly fast) battle!

Instead of replying to The Corruption Of Roy, I'd rather reply to this instead. I don't think I can comment on TCoR without getting frustrated.

Well everybody, today we're going to play an actually GOOD hack! That's right, CHRONICLES OF LUSSARIA! Despite Klok's claim to the contrary, this hack is WAY better than all the others (except for maybe Corruption of Roy).

The Corruption Of Roy was NOT leagues better than the...

Okay, maybe it was. Despite my hatred of it, I do go back and replay it every once and a while.

Anyway...

The Chronicles Of Lussaria is sort of a Fire Mumblem, but I've started to just call them separate things.

...There is A LOT to say about this hack.

This hack started when I was at an absurd level of productivity (I had tons of momentum after The Corruption Of Roy), when I was finally sick of the FE hacking community, and wanted to prove to everyone what a GOOD hack was. I have around 30 maps that are either unused, or got scrapped in favor of newer, improved ones, and I've rewritten the story at least 3 times. Also, while my other hacks either had either few or no one to give me feedback/critique, having a Dev team full of people helped me greatly in polishing the living hell out of it. I wanted to make sure this hack blew everyone's god damn mind.

So. This is perhaps the one hack I've made besides The Corruption Of Roy that I've taken 100% seriously. Though, while The Corruption Of Roy was an utterly misguided attempt at grim story writing, this is way more in-character for me. A relatively light hearted/simple plot with a focus on the characters. This is the kind of writing I enjoy most.

Speaking of writing, after my hubris wore off, I was VERY quick to dismiss The Corruption Of Roy's plot, and was painfully aware of my poor writing skills. My mother - who is a published writer - along with my Dev team, and a few friends who are very learned in story writing, greatly helped with bringing my writing skills up to snuff.

I'm very certain that if I had finished this project, it would have been one of the best hacks out there. But alas... so many things happened that eventually made me stop.

1) Depression and extremely low self esteem. I felt utterly guilty using any contributions I got, feeling I didn't deserve them. Whether people cared if I finished or not, my own delusions told me that anyone who contributed wanted to see this hack finished. I got so many nice things for this hack, and if I didn't make progress when I wanted to, I'd go into withdrawal. I also deluded myself into thinking everyone in the community hated me. Y'know, despite me having five thousand subscribers, a couple of very loyal fans who care about my well being, and the consistent praise the hack got.

2) My motivation was kind of skewed. Luis wasn't around to be a shoulder for me to lean on, and I was no longer friends with BuringPenitentEngine. I had no one that I wanted to be my LP guinea pig. Instead, I used my resentment of the community to drive me, and that's not a healthy motivation, especially when you eventually realize that you have been away from it for a while, and suspect things might have changed to make your criticisms irrelevant.

3) I didn't know what I wanted from the story. Similar to Fire Mumblem Episode 5 and The Corruption Of Roy, I attempted to do something silly at first, but my desire to make something serious was becoming more prominent. At this point, I was fully aware that trying to do two things at once was bad, so I prevented the writing here from having tonal whiplash. However, my desire to make something serious and heart wrenching haunted me for most of this hack's production.

4) Any criticism I got, no matter how minor, was discouraging. As a perfectionist, I have unrealistically high expectations for myself. One dude mentioned the rail-roady design of the game, and while I was initially dismissive of it at first, I realized that he was right and that I'd have to redesign the levels to be more free. There was also Cedar Nyx, who mentioned in a rewriting (More up to date than the one you are playing) that Feltyn's character wasn't consistent. Nevermind that both these people otherwise thought the hack was amazing, the negatives I made mountains out of mole hills with. Again, very unhealthy.

5) Midnight Sun happened. I had always been interested in Midnight Sun even BEFORE it "got good", but when it actually HAPPENED, I was left speechless. This was a hack with everything I ever wanted. Female shaman protagonist? Check. Focus on characters and psychology? Check. Well thought out and concise level design? Check. Chicks with really long hair? Check. With Midnight Sun, my desire to make Chronicles Of Lussaria waned.

In the end, my heart just wasn't in it anymore and I gave up. So here I am now, with what seems to be a mental block against FE hacking, utterly unsatisfied with my legacy.

I don't know when I'll actually get to replying directly to the LP, but lately I've been a bit busy. I WILL say however that if you thought Fire Mumblem: Revised Edition had tons of unfinished content, Chronicles Of Lussaria's unfinished content could EASILY make an entire hack, going by number of maps alone.

Edited by MarkyJoe1990

Instead of replying to The Corruption Of Roy, I'd rather reply to this instead. I don't think I can comment on TCoR without getting frustrated.

The Corruption Of Roy was NOT leagues better than the...

Okay, maybe it was. Despite my hatred of it, I do go back and replay it every once and a while.

Anyway...

The Chronicles Of Lussaria is sort of a Fire Mumblem, but I've started to just call them separate things.

...There is A LOT to say about this hack.

This hack started when I was at an absurd level of productivity (I had tons of momentum after The Corruption Of Roy), when I was finally sick of the FE hacking community, and wanted to prove to everyone what a GOOD hack was. I have around 30 maps that are either unused, or got scrapped in favor of newer, improved ones, and I've rewritten the story at least 3 times. Also, while my other hacks either had either few or no one to give me feedback/critique, having a Dev team full of people helped me greatly in polishing the living hell out of it. I wanted to make sure this hack blew everyone's god damn mind.

So. This is perhaps the one hack I've made besides The Corruption Of Roy that I've taken 100% seriously. Though, while The Corruption Of Roy was an utterly misguided attempt at grim story writing, this is way more in-character for me. A relatively light hearted/simple plot with a focus on the characters. This is the kind of writing I enjoy most.

It works, too. The light-hearted writing here is way better than the stuff in the other Fire Mumblems and CoR.

Speaking of writing, after my hubris wore off, I was VERY quick to dismiss The Corruption Of Roy's plot, and was painfully aware of my poor writing skills. My mother - who is a published writer - along with my Dev team, and a few friends who are very learned in story writing, greatly helped with bringing my writing skills up to snuff.

I'm very certain that if I had finished this project, it would have been one of the best hacks out there. But alas... so many things happened that eventually made me stop.

1) Depression and extremely low self esteem. I felt utterly guilty using any contributions I got, feeling I didn't deserve them. Whether people cared if I finished or not, my own delusions told me that anyone who contributed wanted to see this hack finished. I got so many nice things for this hack, and if I didn't make progress when I wanted to, I'd go into withdrawal. I also deluded myself into thinking everyone in the community hated me. Y'know, despite me having five thousand subscribers, a couple of very loyal fans who care about my well being, and the consistent praise the hack got.

I sort of know what you mean, not about the hate-delusion, but about the guilt, since I sort of have the same problem, I feel guilty whenever people do things for me.

2) My motivation was kind of skewed. Luis wasn't around to be a shoulder for me to lean on, and I was no longer friends with BuringPenitentEngine. I had no one that I wanted to be my LP guinea pig. Instead, I used my resentment of the community to drive me, and that's not a healthy motivation, especially when you eventually realize that you have been away from it for a while, and suspect things might have changed to make your criticisms irrelevant.

Yes, when your only motivation is to show everyone you can do it better, when you don't like what you're doing, you'll often fail and get dealt poetic justice(although it kind of worked out here, for a little while at least)

3) I didn't know what I wanted from the story. Similar to Fire Mumblem Episode 5 and The Corruption Of Roy, I attempted to do something silly at first, but my desire to make something serious was becoming more prominent. At this point, I was fully aware that trying to do two things at once was bad, so I prevented the writing here from having tonal whiplash. However, my desire to make something serious and heart wrenching haunted me for most of this hack's production.

Maybe you should have typed up a short story, or made a side-project with a serious plot, just to get it out of your system?

4) Any criticism I got, no matter how minor, was discouraging. As a perfectionist, I have unrealistically high expectations for myself. One dude mentioned the rail-roady design of the game, and while I was initially dismissive of it at first, I realized that he was right and that I'd have to redesign the levels to be more free. There was also Cedar Nyx, who mentioned in a rewriting (More up to date than the one you are playing) that Feltyn's character wasn't consistent. Nevermind that both these people otherwise thought the hack was amazing, the negatives I made mountains out of mole hills with. Again, very unhealthy.

*nods, still listening*

(Wait, there's a more updated patch than the one I'm using? AGAIN? Anyone got a link?)

5) Midnight Sun happened. I had always been interested in Midnight Sun even BEFORE it "got good", but when it actually HAPPENED, I was left speechless. This was a hack with everything I ever wanted. Female shaman protagonist? Check. Focus on characters and psychology? Check. Well thought out and concise level design? Check. Chicks with really long hair? Check. With Midnight Sun, my desire to make Chronicles Of Lussaria waned.

I've seen it happen before, when you wanted to make something awesome, but you weren't able to complete it anywhere near fast enough(not that you should have rushed or forced yourself), and then something happened to take the opportunity away.

In the end, my heart just wasn't in it anymore and I gave up. So here I am now, with what seems to be a mental block against FE hacking, utterly unsatisfied with my legacy.

I don't know when I'll actually get to replying directly to the LP, but lately I've been a bit busy. I WILL say however that if you thought Fire Mumblem: Revised Edition had tons of unfinished content, Chronicles Of Lussaria's unfinished content could EASILY make an entire hack, going by number of maps alone.

In the version I have, I think there are only two of the "test maps"(which I DO plan on playing). Are those the only ones, or did I miss some way to progress in Test Map 2?

and thus, we delve further into the psyche of the marky...

(I don't think you guys are helping)

Chronicles of Lussaria: Episode 1: Prelude: Downwards-Moving Destruction

Usjp6cZ.png

We start by rushing our crutch character forward! We're on a 4-turn time limit here, LET'S MOVE LET'S MOVE!

U5ydlGV.pngLV38Rep.png

Combat begins! Loving Poalski's pink palette, btw.

J4ttJaf.png

You know, the more I think about it, the more I realize that Shigeid is a Markyjoe self-insert. Think about it.

He's a dude, just like Markyjoe.

In CoR, he was on a team with all the girls Markyjoe thinks are cool...

And he was the only male on the team.

doIhCtg.pngc935f6a.pngKSslHeQ.pngPiXL4h3.png

Kinsans are green,

Jonsins are blue.

Marinas are critty,

Holy crap she is a good archer.

GClDptY.png

As I said, there's no way Feltyn is dying.

HaO5Zit.png

TURN 2, WE'RE ALMOST OUT OF TIME OH NO

plcnQn2.png

Wave Runner still has the MASSIVE BEAM animation.

QVNGq8E.png

Lussaria bad lord

14BMCoM.png

ONE-ROUNDING

Seriously, Marina is AMAZING.

rY3SpGA.png

Kinsan sees through his own drunk-ness and DOES THE DODGE.

ZS7lUIK.png

Shigeid pounds another soldier, and then...

yckvgut.png

Oh hey, we're almost done!

iVAd2xF.png

First house!

aDReK6W.pngY2nJ7FM.pngHLDTbk0.png

Civilian: Well, I got nothin’.

Honestly, I think if Markyjoe had finished this, the house dialogue would have been the best part.

4akhuxY.png

Poalski moves ahead, WHEN SUDDENLY...

vrFmoD6.png

*horse whinny*

Ephraim225: … Er… Fire Emblem bosses generally don’t move. Not sure why.

*horse whinny*

Ephraim225: What do you mean I’m lazy? H-hey! Heel! HEEL!!

No, really, horse-whinny sounds played throughout that. It was great.

cN5E2M4.pngsVxiU2w.png

The Zig. Stardust starts with some fireworks and then sends a something-cloud to hit the enemy. It's pretty cool, although it can get tedious to watch at times.

T9QEikz.png

Whoa, whoa, whoa! You might not see anything wrong with this, but I do! Let me explain!

Z1VA5cO.png

First off, I had to restart the turn BEFORE this one, because Feltyn couldn't reach the house in time.

09Ds2Ob.pngVwaBR1O.png

The unit list. Everything seems fine, but there's ONE PERSON MISSING...

yhvjtgv.png

Feltyn! So, if you have every unit wait BUT him...

M5o8bxG.png

The turn ends automatically! Without him!

So yeah, I had to redo the third turn because I tried to move Feltyn last. Oh well, only a minor problem I guess.

W0PiXBz.png

This time, we get the house all visited up!

VGHpr7L.pngLNrOhf9.png

You know what, old guy? I DON'T believe you. AND I HAVE A VERY GOOD REASON.

jYbUzb9.pngfJh9nbS.png

Least favorite protagonist in FE8? NOW'S YOUR CHANCE FOR REVENGE.

8LbBc06.pngNynrdAn.pngIQbmvfW.pnglte2z5L.png

So yeah, if you lure him out on the third turn, you can just dogpile him with all your units on the fourth turn, and kill him pretty easily.

ox2SKtr.png

Ephraim225: That could’ve gone better. Time to get out of here!

93o1XRV.png

Good first level!

LeiEB9A.pnggxOvWWD.png

Feltyn: Let go, Poalski! We can’t just let him escape!

Poalski: Yeah, right. I ain’t following that guy down the hills. Could be a trap.

So, I guess Poalski's actually smart under that veneer of brutality?

ZJkLsBV.png

Lussaria: Besides, we’re in no condition to pursue him. For now, let’s tend to our injuries.

We're not THAT injured!

CrgkOwq.png

Feltyn tries to assess his thoughts, but he keeps getting distracted by a certain someone.

9gApaec.png

Lussaria: Yes. I believe it was a test. If he wanted us dead, he would have hired better men. Of course… it’s also possible that he was just an idiot looking for trouble.

Really, Lussaria's pretty smart for an FE protagonist. Of course, I kind of have to wonder if she has any flaws.

Kinsan: I'm going to go with the second one. I’ll sleep better that way.

6KQHMID.pngGESiHhW.pngYgjNydb.png

3MPBi8F.png

Character chime-ins! I get the feeling that this would have happened a LOT if the hack had continued.

dMueeSl.png

Lussaria: Didn’t you say we were boned earlier?

Marina: No. You’re just imagining things.

smySPoj.pngRBEnyH6.png

I WISH they grew on trees. Would make FE so much easier.

Kinsan: It’s also not a good idea to use them too much. Not good for your back.

Sorlene: I see.

I bet Kinsan would have ended up using one if the hack had continued.

1xaLshG.png

Lussaria: … At least until we reach the village.

KgGxbDO.png

Azzjk2t.png

ASM time!

H48caYE.png9uMdC9O.png

...Not that gold isn't a good thing too. Even if we have like 1 chance to spend it and all we can do with it is get drunk.

iuSlHDs.png

And now we see the OTHER reward, free permanent statboosts! I almost think the rewards should be switched here, but I'll totally take the +1 speed!

In all honesty though, this apparently requires some serious ASM coding, which makes it even more cool.

bjyeDx3.png

NEXT TIME: Drunk units! Even more ludicrous time limits! Difficulty spike in general! CAN MONIKER DO IT?

BONUS THINGY: Want to see ANOTHER feature of the hack?

qzM5V2k.png

OH NO LUSSARIA, YOU APPEAR TO HAVE TRIPPED AND DROPPED ALL OF YOUR POSSESSIONS

vLGUoJP.pngc9m8o8p.png

OH NO, YOU DIED

ynEO0UU.png

So...what happens when you game-over? Well, rather than just putting up this fire-screen thing...

7aF2ilV.png

THIS happens.

Markyjoe: You already lost? We’re not even past the prelude!

EdAyDxl.png

Lussaria: Where am I…?

Markyjoe: Hey there, Lucy.

TIzLvv2.png

Markyjoe: You’re kind of dead now.

Markyjoe writes a MUCH better Markyjoe here.

Lussaria: Dead!? Are you serious!?

Markyjoe: This doesn’t look like happy grass land, does it?

Lussaria: … Dammit… I should have…! Sniff…

DPsAH2F.pnglVvS2NN.png

IT WAS INTENTIONAL

Markyjoe: At least wait until Chapter 7 before you start screwing up. … Lady, take a chill pill. You’re dead, but this can be reversed.

Lussaria: Sniff… It can…?

What was Chapter 7 planned to be...?

mkEFDt9.pngSbdOrqo.png

YOU DO NOT KNOW MY NAME? HOW DARE THEE!

Markyjoe: Doesn’t matter.

8dR8ELT.png

So true.

Markyjoe: However, before you both leave… How’s about I give you a few tips on this chapter?

ypAfPFY.png

So, if you were wondering about the POINT of all this, here it is. That's right, there's a little guide-thingy in there to help you out if you fail! It's actually really nice, especially since the difficulty would presumably have grown super-jacked-up.

Anyways, let's see what he has to say:

vucjWaO.png

Markyjoe: No reinforcements, no mages, no villages to be saved, and so on. The main concern here is that every enemy immediately charges after you. Even Ephraim225 – the boss – will come after you, but not until Turn 4. Just KO as many enemies as you can so you can fortify yourself against Ephraim225. Now, if you’re looking to complete the bonus tasks, that’s another story. Few units can reach the southern house within the 4 turn limit. I recommend Feltyn for this job. Enemies will block his way, however, so you’ll need to carve a path. As for Ephraim225, you can lure him out from his starting position. Make sure your magic units are nearby however, Ephraim has scary defense.

That was actually pretty helpful! Right, guys?

9vqn8OC.png

Markyjoe: Show the prelude that you’re not completely incompetent!

3LNg9pH.pngThigIpH.png

So, the map isn't interesting. There's not much to do except walk around and reset...

rKjUt4O.png

And look at this guy's stats.

ljF9vri.pngOsiIgDd.pngFk9oNLt.png

He's still awesome, even if he doesn't have Forblaze permissions. Naturally.

Anyways, that's all for now!