Mark's connection to Kris and Robin

MCProductions

Well, a thought occured to me today (it happens a lot) that maybe Robin,Mark, and Kris are all related by blood. Basically, FE7's tactician Mark's children lead to FE12's my unit Kris, whose Children lead to FE13's Robin.

My only real basis for this theroy is Lyn's DLC convo in Smash Bretheren 3.Obvious reference is obvious. So if there is any real contradictions here, I would like to know.

Also, I know Elibe and Archenea are possibly differnt worlds, but Awakening proved travel between worlds is possible in FE.

I doubt they are related but Lyn's Einhjar DLC dialogue seems to suggest otherwise at least between Mark and Robin. I guess they could be one in the same and it could possibly explain the whole amnesia thing with something happening in between the two. Or at least it'd make a good story to tell someone one day lol.

Edited by LordTaco42

While I would love it if they were the same person,(heck, I do actually give them both the same name, Lian Xing, props if you know what game series I'm refrenceing thru that) canoncally, its impossible, Lyn is already dead by the time of Awakening so Mark should logically be too.(unfortunatly, she would SO be my waifu)

also, I just remembered something that connects Kris to this equation, a conversation between Kris and Marth where they say they hope their decendants are friends like they are. eh, Its something.

I think it's just breaking the 4th wall, as in Lyn senses you--the player--behind Robin and Mark.

Katarina does a similar thing in some of the other episodes, when you battle her with Robin.

That said, it'd be nice if they were all related. I still don't believe it's a coincidence that Morgan has the same name as Mark in the Japanese version.

Speaking of Katarina's antics in Rouges and Redeemers (I think), dosen't Marth claim that Robin reminds him of Kris in Champions of Yore 1 without going batcrap crazy over finding him/her like my favorite Fire Emblem character did.

Morgan's Japanese name makes Morgan imply alot more(which is saying something considering all the various things he proves / contradicts simply by eixisting). Heck, we know Naga has time travel abilities so Morgan could actually be Mark with his memory erased and fake ones implanted. It even means Robin could be as aware of his ancestory so he named his son/daughter after him/her.

In short, Morgan can be used for this theroy and many, many others. (I once used Morgan to disprove Eliwood x Ninian)

Chris can suck a lemon but the fact both Mark and Robin show up out of nowhere lying unconscious in the middle of the plains is definitely way too similar to be coincedental. Either it's a reference or there's some reason they both ended up there.

Edited by Irysa

Chris can suck a lemon but the fact both Mark and Robin show up out of nowhere lying unconscious in the middle of the plains is definitely way too similar to be coincedental. Either it's a reference or there's some reason they both ended up there.

As much as I'd like to believe this I just think its kinda a series tradition with tacticians. Kinda like how the pokemon trainer comes from another region moves into house rinse wash repeat. Either that or IS is too lazy to come up with anything else.

I think its a fanservicy reference. I mean Awakening is all about that to a degree.

I think its a fanservicy reference. I mean Awakening is all about that to a degree.

True, and in doing so look at all the contradictions they made

heres a simpleified list

Priam

Mila shrines location

Dragon's Table's purpose

time paradoxes Ocarina of Time wouldn't understand

Taguels

and probaly alot more I'm missing

Tactican's connection to Avatar and Avatar?

They're supposed to be you, that's what connects them. They're basicly always the same person.

Funny thing is I've never treated any of the avatars as myself, but as characters I make up.

Funny thing is I've never treated any of the avatars as myself, but as characters I make up.

Neither did I, really, though the games make it kind of clear that it's supposed to be the player who takes on the role of the tactician.

Edited by FierceRagnar

Lyn's question was along the lines of "did you ever wake up in the middle of nowhere with amnesia"? The fact of the matter is that Robin did experience something like that. The rest of Lyn's dialogue is her jumping to conclusions, as if something like that could only ever happen to Mark. Any further connection is people reading too deeply into things. The allusions to Kris and Mark were put in simply by virtue of those two being previous player avatars. They and Robin are "the same", by virtue of you, the player beyond the fourth wall who is playing FE13 and has already played through FE12 and/or FE7, being the same person.

Bear in mind, She never would of even asked that question unless Robin didn't at least hold some resemblance to Mark.

Lyn may not be the most level headed of FE's lord characters but there is no doubt she is one of the least naive. So I doubt that she would just jump to conclusions based on one simularity. As for fourth wall breaking, all the DLC convos do this anyway but certain facts about what is remembered in FE's history books about the obtainable characters come out anyway.

Roy was remembered a WHOLE lot better in history than reality, Ephraim was turned into a warmonger by Magvel's historians, and Arvis was completely botched. everyone else was pretty accurate tho

I crossed that out to avoid thread derailment.