Lords only playthrough log

MCProductions

Well today, I'm starting to attempt something I've long wondered if it was possible. A lords only playthrough of LHM and HHM of FE7.

The rules are simple. The only units allowed for use are Lyn, Eliwood, and Hector. Other units must be benched tho the lords can trade with them for their weapons.

Well, just finished chapter 1 of LHM and Lyn is already at level 4. is this playthorugh possible or am I wasteing my time.

Edited by randomsonicvideos123

I'd say it's definitely possible. The biggest hurdles I can think of are Battle Before Dawn, in which you'll have to just hope Jaffar and Zephiel can hold out long enough for Eliwood to get down there, and Cog of Destiny where you'll probably have to rig/reset so the status staves miss.

Final may be difficult without Athos but if you can form a support triangle with the Lords the Dragon shouldn't be too much of a pain.

Well thats good news, the Dragon always killed athos for me anyway

just as sort of an update, I'm on Chapter 4, Lyn is level 8, present stats are Str-9, Skill-11, Spd-10, Luck-9, Def-3, and Res-3

with any luck her speed and skill growths will compensate enough for her somewhat sucky Def and Res growing at present and the Support triangle later on will definately help.

I gave Lyn the stat boosters as suggested

also, how do you RNG abuse, cause it sounds like I might need too.

LHM has been cleared and Lyn is already at level 19 which will basically turn her into a jagen till she premotes.

as I've already saved I won't be able to provide stats this time, but I do remember that her defense and resistance only grew about once or twice so... all well her speed and skill were her highest stats anyway

I've done this on LHM/HNM before, it gets painfully difficult in the mid-game, when your lords hit cap but can't promote, especially since you're limited to using vulnenaries/elixirs to heal and have no way of dealing with status staves. You have to plan to minimize damage taken by your lords, and also unfortunately, your most front-line capable lord in Hector is locked in t1 all the way until after Cog. You might have to RNG-abuse/savestate somewhat, since if your lords (especially Eliwood's STR/SPD/DEF for the midgame) are screwed, you're in a really bad spot.

Some notably difficult chapters are: C12/13/13x, Four-Fanged Offense, Battle Before Dawn (it's pure RNG...), and Cog of Destiny (Valkyries and staves). When you reach endgame (VoD/Light and your lords hit 20/20 and max stats aren't exceptionally hard with their support triangle). Good luck!

I always pair Lyn and Eliwood on normal playthroughs so unless I get a good reason otherwise the distribution will

Lyn and Eliwood-A

Lyn and Hector-B

Eliwood and Hector- B

Also the unpaired ending CGI would be highly symbolic so my distribution will ALWAYS be made to show that CGI

The one with the three Lords celbrating their victory, is any better pic for this

Are you going to skip Gaiden Chapters? You may want to plan your strategy around that.

Also, the final chapter isn't that bad, I had each of the lords solo it. The only tough one was Lyn because Sol Katti did 8ish damage on the dragon, so I had to pray she landed crits often.

Yeah In starting to come to that conclusion myself. I can't decide if its legal to use allies as meat shields. No weapons equipped obviously.

Thoughts?

I think in some early chapters (13x especially, maybe 15H), it's going to be insanely difficult without Marcus or Oswin plugging a gap

Maybe it's better not to do 13x. You''ll get Merlinus eventually and if you're only worrying about three units then you won't exactly have much need for the convoy provided you plan accordingly and leave space for dropped weapons. Just use all your other non deployed units to carry supplies.

Maybe it's better not to do 13x. You''ll get Merlinus eventually and if you're only worrying about three units then you won't exactly have much need for the convoy provided you plan accordingly and leave space for dropped weapons. Just use all your other non deployed units to carry supplies.

yeah, I'm going to skip the gaidens altogether for sake of ease.

I think in some early chapters (13x especially, maybe 15H), it's going to be insanely difficult without Marcus or Oswin plugging a gap

good, I may actually be able to pull this off now