3 Armies

Yeah so, should I leave them how they are, or balance them out?

I assume I should use skrimir, Gibran, and nailah... They look OP

Bye I'm talking about the groups in part 4 if you didn't know

Also, will ike learn about the reason Daien was fighting? He doesn't know about the blood pact and all of a sudden, they disregard it and go straight for the goddess...

Will this all come together...? I feel like they just dropped everything.

Edited by Roy: Marquess of Pherae

You can kind of do whatever you want with the three armies.

It's highly recommended to put fliers in the Silver army, because they have to fight in the desert, where non-fliers, non-sages, and non-laguz won't move much. Put Haar in there. Jill if you trained here. Pegasus Knights would work too (Sigrun is already locked) but you have to obviously be careful because there are arrows, and Sigrun/Tanith are kind of weak. Skrimir is pretty badass. He won't double much until his Resolve activates, but his HP is high enough that you can do that without really putting him at risk. I gave him Nealachi's (who is pretty useless by now) Wrath, and he can practically fight untransformed. Naesala is good and all, but for a royal I didn't find him to be that great. He gets hit a lot, and a crossbow will OHKO him. He's no Tibarn, really. But he, Haar, and Jill can basically wipe the map by themselves.

Tibarn can basically solo his maps, but obviously you should give his army some good backup. I personally gave him Gatrie and Shinon, because Greil's team is more than good enough. Ellincia has a skill Mercy where leaves one HP on enemies, so this is the ideal map to grind any characters you want to train in the endgame. If you want to train any Dawn Brigaders, the should go here, because they won't get to do much in Micaiah's team.

As for the bloodpact thing, we never see Ike react to it, but I assume he knows by then. I like Part 4 gameplay-wise, but story-wise, it's annoying that the war is literally ended with divine intervention, and the tone shifts from political to religious.

Edited by Radiant head

In particular for Elincia's team, they have a map full of Laguz units (the only human is the boss) and with multiple turns of reinforcements. It might be best to bring units to that one that you want to power level for Endgame. If you want to, you can still have Elincia keep Mercy. I personally don't because the Laguz will hit hard.

As Radiant head said, bring units that can resist the desert terrain for Micaiah's team.

Compared to the other two teams, Ike's group is pretty solid.

And no, Ike knowing about the Bloodpact is never seen on screen. We can possibly assume he knows by the time they meet up again but otherwise...

Naesala is good and all, but for a royal I didn't find him to be that great. He gets hit a lot, and a crossbow will OHKO him.

someone who has 104 base avo gets hit a lot? at base avo, he reduces most enemies in 4-3 to below 50 hit.

naesala also doesn't get OHKO'd by crossbows. he can survive one at full HP.

someone who has 104 base avo gets hit a lot? at base avo, he reduces most enemies in 4-3 to below 50 hit.

naesala also doesn't get OHKO'd by crossbows. he can survive one at full HP.

On top of that, neither of the Silver Army maps have much crossbows anyhow (only one Crossbow dude in 4-P, and 2 in 4-3 (there are more, but I'm ignoring the LOSERS who just march to where the BK spawns, and their deaths).

104 base avo doesn't stop him from constantly getting hit by swordmasters, and the occasional arrow. So he's never at full hp, unless Micaiah spams physic.

naesala doesn't get hit "a lot" unless your definition of "a lot" is well under 50% of the time. nolan gets hit "a lot." naesala does not get hit "a lot." steel blade SMs in 4-3 have 41 hit on him (which is 34% true). the only guys who consistently have more avo than naesala are ulki and tibarn.

Edited by dondon151

• Like already said bring Jill to the Silver Army. Haar would be a good addition, but he's not necessary. Jill with high defense could theoretically solo both maps in part 4. She also can double all the enemies (even swordmasters).
  • Give nullify to one of the falcos / seraphs.
  • Give beastfoe to Tibarn's army, because in 4-5 you fight against laguz
  • You have 3 paragon scrolls. Give each team a paragon scroll. If you haven't removed Geoffrey's paragon in 3-9 so give the two remaining paragons to Micaiah's and Ike's party
  • The enemies in Ike's party are slightly higher level than in the other two so I'd recommend to use all the GMs. However 4-4 is an indoor map. Mounted units have movement penalty. A non well trained Oscar could get trouble.
Naesala is worse than Jill except for the high activation rate of tear.

He's is truly not th best dodger and swordmasters have a decent critrate against him.

On top of that, neither of the Silver Army maps have much crossbows anyhow (only one Crossbow dude in 4-P, and 2 in 4-3 (there are more, but I'm ignoring the LOSERS who just march to where the BK spawns, and their deaths).

The crossbows should be Jill's or Haar's job. Edited by The Taninator

no shit naesala is worse than jill, she ORKOs generals with 1-2 range and he doesn't. naesala has one of the highest natural avo stats in the game behind only ulki and tibarn; most 4-3 enemies muster only around 30 hit on naesala and don't do a whole lot of damage to him. naesala is the best dodger that you're going to get in the silver army, since micaiah has no authority stars.

i sincerely wish that you would stop ignoring facts and disseminating misinformation like this. recently you and radiant head have been the dynamic duo of romping around the FE10 subforum and completely ignoring facts. i can't tell if you're trolling at this point or if you're really this misguided.

Edited by dondon151

Trollol

Maybe my words were sort of inaccrute.

I've tried to say that Naesala is NOT the best of the silver army you can have.

• no 2 range attack
  • without supports his avoid isn't that great that's he invulnerable (crossbows still have around 50%)
  • swordmaster still have 50% hit and a decent critrate and Naesala's defense (26) isn't too great this point

If anybody still says that Micaiah or Edward are pretty bad or useless in hard mode (at least in part 1), then I have nothing to say anymore. The stats and growths don't make them bad. Fact.

Edited by The Taninator

no shit naesala is worse than jill, she ORKOs generals with 1-2 range and he doesn't.

Wait, this is all assuming Jill gets a few dates with Paragon, right? Her Str isn't exactly spectacular (it's pretty good, but to cleanly 1RKO Generals...?)

Jill with Paragon + BExp in Part 3 will easily cap her 2nd Tier str and start Part 4 @ 3rd Tier with at least 31 str. 3rd Tier units can ORKO just about everything with Skills + Forges unless they fail to double their opponents which isn't something that should happen against Generals.

I'd put Haar above Naesala too.

naesala doesn't get hit "a lot" unless your definition of "a lot" is well under 50% of the time. nolan gets hit "a lot." naesala does not get hit "a lot." steel blade SMs in 4-3 have 41 hit on him (which is 34% true). the only guys who consistently have more avo than naesala are ulki and tibarn.

For a royal, it's still pretty bad. I'm going to compare Naesala's usefulness to Tibarn and Jill/Haar, not Nolan lol. Says a lot about Naesala if you have to bring in Nolan to defend him. I'm not going to use Nolan to roam the desert and wipe out disciples.

Edited by Radiant head

Trollol

Maybe my words were sort of inaccrute.

• no 2 range attack
  • without supports his avoid isn't that great that's he invulnerable (crossbows still have around 50%)
  • swordmaster still have 50% hit and a decent critrate and Naesala's defense (26) isn't too great this point

If anybody still says that Micaiah or Edward are pretty bad or useless in hard mode (at least in part 1), then I have nothing to say anymore. The stats and growths don't make them bad. Fact.

Your crossbow point, not unlike Radiant head's, is much ado about nothing - there's only one in 4-P, and 2 in 4-3, ignoring the 3 who the BK slaughters.

lol @people complaining about Crossbows, aka the 2-3 scrubs that probably aren't reaching Naesala anyway. Also, Swordmasters? Areyouseriouslykiddingme. He laughs at them, regardless of wether they can hit them (with 50% Hit or less, may I say). Critical chances? How about hitting him, first...

hey guys haar sucks at the desert he has no spd cant double for shit cant even avoid and thunder mages can actually reach him and hit!

Edited by The Alice

Your Haar might suck, but mine had no problem orko'ing in the desert.

And no you don't get to tell me that crossbows are soooo sparse, but somehow Thunder mages with bad accuracy that can be one-shotted with a silver poleaxe are supposed to be a threat to Haar.

Personal is all fine and dandy...if you tend to keep it to yourself. No one's going to die if you tell someone else your side of the story, the thing is, it can go a whole lot different thanks to the RNG (random number generator). That's the problem. I mean, if you were talking about "my Haar"- I've never had any trouble with him, the only two times I've used him. Does that mean Haar's going to be that great 100% of the time? No, of course not. With a 35% Spd growth (mediocre, at best), you can't really expect him to go right more often than not.

So yeah, it's only an issue when you want to be objective and recommend a character to someone or give them general advice. It's cool if that stuff has worked for you, but it doesn't mean that it will for others.

The only time Haar's speed really becomes an issue is when he's faced with spirits, and by then a blessed Brave Axe will more than fix that, which is a testament to his strength. I guess if you're saying Haar can be RNG screwed with speed, then that can obviously be a problem (even though that's what bexp and speedwings are for), but I don't see the point in invoking PEMN for something so unlikely to happen.

I only recommended Haar because not everyone who plays trains Jill up to tier 3, whereas Haar is usable from the get go so there are higher odds that someone has a good Haar than a good Jill. And when you're in the desert, you need fliers, and since Tibarn is locked to his team and Naesala can't solo, there aren't better fliers than Haar and Jill. I use them both though, because the only thing better than one RD Dragonlord is two RD Dragonlords.

Edited by Radiant head

For a royal, it's still pretty bad. I'm going to compare Naesala's usefulness to Tibarn and Jill/Haar, not Nolan lol. Says a lot about Naesala if you have to bring in Nolan to defend him. I'm not going to use Nolan to roam the desert and wipe out disciples.

haar gets hit a lot. jill doesn't get more avo than base naesala until she maxes both spd and luk, and even then she only beats him by 1 avo (until naesala gains levels and even more avo). i'm not "bringing in nolan" to defend naesala. i'm challenging your perception of what is "a lot" by citing an example of a unit who obviously gets hit "a lot." don't be so obtuse. i get the impression that you're staunchly refusing to understand an argument because you want to feel like you've won a point.

• no 2 range attack

no fucking shit, tibarn isn't the best the hawk army can have, either. laguz are never the best available units because they have no 2-range. jill/haar are better than naesala and they would also be better than tibarn. in the EM speedrun, even tanith is better than tibarn because she has 2-range whereas he doesn't.

naesala has the best avo of any unit in the silver army (unless you bring ulki there) and it's high enough such that his chances of dying to anything that he's not weak to is negligible. this is the crux of the issue. you and radiant head are prolonging this silly argument with red herrings about his avo being "not that great" and his def being "not too great" while completely ignoring the context. let me quash this idiocy once and for all.

1. the only enemies in 4-3 who have displayed crit on naesala on SMs and snipers (and a killer axe warrior). nothing else in 4-3 can crit naesala.

2. steel blade SMs have 41 hit, 4 crit on naesala and do 10 HP damage. a crit only does half of his HP in damage.

3. steel lance halbs have 49 hit on naesala and do 9 HP damage. steel poleaxe warriors have a laughable 22 hit on naesala.

naesala dying in one enemy phase is ridiculously unlikely and involves him being both hit and crit by an SM, and then being hit consecutively by 3-4 other halbs or SMs at less than 50 hit. anything that wields a steel greatlance or a steel poleaxe is very unlikely to hit naesala at all. obviously crossbows are very dangerous, but that's why if you're not a stupid player or if you're not taking a calculated risk, then you don't have naesala deal with crossbow users, duh.

haar gets hit a lot. jill doesn't get more avo than base naesala until she maxes both spd and luk, and even then she only beats him by 1 avo (until naesala gains levels and even more avo). i'm not "bringing in nolan" to defend naesala. i'm challenging your perception of what is "a lot" by citing an example of a unit who obviously gets hit "a lot." don't be so obtuse. i get the impression that you're staunchly refusing to understand an argument because you want to feel like you've won a point.

Haha no, I was just trying to get the point across to the OP that Naesala can actually get hit and seriously damaged unlike Tibarn and Haar/Jill (who don't have to worry about crossbows and thunder mages suck), and it's useful to remember to be careful when using him. if anything you're the one getting caught up in the semantics of my posts by giving me fucking Nolan as a contrast to Naesala for getting hit a lot.

Edited by Radiant head

because naesala doesn't get hit "a lot" and nolan does!

haar can get seriously damaged (he died in chiki's recorded LTC attempt) and so can jill. tibarn can get crossbow'd because the crossbow and taksh users in 4-2 still have, like, 39 hit on him.