Fire Emblem: RD(Rebalance Hack) Updated: 10th October 2015

Roxachronc

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This project is still ongoing dont worry, currently I am away from my home until july because of work that is why i dont update constantly, but I am still working on character growths, item stats some buffs and nerfs, etc.

The only thing i cannot do is test something new since my current laptop doesnt support dolphin very well and i cannot buy the laptop i want here so i need to wait until coming back home.

Still almost all the stuff is already tested so i am modding it all and then when i return to my home around july i will just run the modded game to see if there are mistakes and correct them and then try to upload a patch or something like that like that.

If anyone want to contribute with anything new feel free to say it, and dont worry this project will be completed :)

The thing I am unsure now is about the skill Shove, do you think I should make hist cost 0(aka free), remove them from some units and give other skills instead?what do you think?

I think is a good tactical skill but some units could been better with other skills.

Hmm this might make things easier for the player, but maybe too easy? With an extra 5 capacity, you would be able to rotate Paragon and promote everyone. Not sure if this is breaking the game or perfectly fine.

• 3 months later...

Sorry for the long wait!

Anyways I am beginning modding the game, I will begin making sure that florete can do magical damage,etc.

I am free for the next month so I will have plenty on time to work on this much more, I have a notepad with the changes that I will try to upload when the patch comes.

Changing "sword" to "light" only affects the weapon triangle AFAIK. So it will be counted as Light Magic when used against Dark Magic, but it will still do physical damage I think.

There are actually two pointers to "sword" though. I'm suggesting that you change the second one, which is the weapon type for Florete when used at range. So at melee range, it will still be a sword (like how it's supposed to be, right?).

If changing "stormsw" to "magblow" doesn't cause it to inflict magical damage, you could try adding in the "magsw" flag yourself (you would need some free space to overwrite) and hope the game still knows how to interpret it.

It still does not work, I find it weird because there is a code(tough I have never tried it myself) that makes Florete do magical damage, adding the flag could work, gonna try that.

awesome! I was worried that the project died! welcome back

Yeah sorry about that, was in an intership for 6 months, lol.

Anyways thanks, I am happy to continue on this :)

EDIT: FINALLY I just recently made Florete magic damage based, Mist fans can be happy at last.

Edited by Roxachronc

Congrats on the Florete breaktrough. Did you make it magic based both ranged and on melee, or only when ranged as commented above? I just heard of you working on hackinkg FE10 further than known at an attempt to rebalance it, and I'm very interested in your progress.

How much can currently be modified about skills themselves? If possible at all, what's your opinion on trying to remove the 3x damage/strength multiplier from most mastery skills to make them more interesting by making their secondary effects (stun, sleep, halve speed, etc) be actually relevant now that the skill isn't just yet another OHKO?

Edited by Mr. Mister

It is on both... now that you mention it I don't remember testing it from near and far away, but I am pretty sure it should be from near and far away, gonna test it just in case.

As of now I can mess with capacity, how the skill works is something that I have not messed with it yet, after I get a little further into the mod it would be fun to explore it and see how much I can do.

An idea I always mentally toyed with was giving BK Mercy. Blackie has two character entries, and:

I'm not sure of all the chapters that the BK appears in, but I took a look through the data and found that DARKKNIGHT_0 (Dark Knight being his Japanese name) is used in Part 1 Chapter 9, Part 3 Chapter 7 and Part 4 Chapter 3. Meanwhile DARKKNIGHT is used in Part 4 Endgame-2.

So only the first three BK encounters allow him a chance of inheriting stats.

So one could theoretically replace DARKKNIGHT_0's Nihil with Mercy (if the game doesn't dislike BK starting with a skill that can only be reassigned to Elincia). This way you'd both make a use of that stupid skill, and prevent the EXP-stealing massares that occur whenever he forcibly battles alongside you (Desert map being the most notorious one).

As to a canon justification... I guess DARKNIGHT_0 finds noone worthy of being Alondited? Though it'd make Ike battling and surviving him in 3-7 trivial, but then again currently your only realistic option is to attack him with a card and rescuing Ike, which is kinda lame. And when (as an enemy) he's surrounded of mooks, leaving an unrescued unit at 1 HP is pretty similar to killing it.

And while we're talking about these kinda chapters, would you consider repositioning the (enemy) Dawn Brigade units in 3-End? There's such a number of conversations that are virtually impossible to get that it feels like a waste not to make them more likely to happen. Specially the one between Tibarn and Nalia, making that one inexperienceable is a crime. So yeah, consider putting most of the DBs (not the balls) more in the center of the map and at the sides (Skirmir gets no conversations, but I think everybody would like seeing him chop down Meg), and Naliah so that Tibarn gets to her. And Kurthnaga somewhere where he gets do do some fighting: if it's all races warmonging that's about to wake up the bitch, at least let the one Dragon representative get some action. He gets such a build-up from Tibarn, yet you almost never get to him.

Same applies to 3-7 despite less conversations, spreading them out a bit more would be fun. I'm always down for trashing Meg.

Edited by Mr. Mister

An idea I always mentally toyed with was giving BK Mercy. Blackie has two character entries, and:

So one could theoretically replace DARKKNIGHT_0's Nihil with Mercy (if the game doesn't dislike BK starting with a skill that can only be reassigned to Elincia). This way you'd both make a use of that stupid skill, and prevent the EXP-stealing massares that occur whenever he forcibly battles alongside you (Desert map being the most notorious one).

As to a canon justification... I guess DARKNIGHT_0 finds noone worthy of being Alondited? Though it'd make Ike battling and surviving him in 3-7 trivial, but then again currently your only realistic option is to attack him with a card and rescuing Ike, which is kinda lame. And when (as an enemy) he's surrounded of mooks, leaving an unrescued unit at 1 HP is pretty similar to killing it.

And while we're talking about these kinda chapters, would you consider repositioning the (enemy) Dawn Brigade units in 3-End? There's such a number of conversations that are virtually impossible to get that it feels like a waste not to make them more likely to happen. Specially the one between Tibarn and Nalia, making that one inexperienceable is a crime. So yeah, consider putting most of the DBs (not the balls) more in the center of the map and at the sides (Skirmir gets no conversations, but I think everybody would like seeing him chop down Meg), and Naliah so that Tibarn gets to her. And Kurthnaga somewhere where he gets do do some fighting: if it's all races warmonging that's about to wake up the bitch, at least let the one Dragon representative get some action. He gets such a build-up from Tibarn, yet you almost never get to him.

Same applies to 3-7 despite less conversations, spreading them out a bit more would be fun. I'm always down for trashing Meg.

That would be incredibly useful tbh, Mercy BK should be possible since as you said there is 2 separate ''classes'' for it, that would make grinding and obtaining exp for the DB more easy, need to test it since in theory you could beat the endgame of the 1st part kind of easily, and that would make it kinda cheap, thanks for the idea.

also justgot my Surface Pro 3 and one of the latest Dolphin releases works pretty well with it(of course have a fan for the thermal throttling), so testing is much easier since i can do it anywhere without being dependant on my wii.