XCOM: Long War (occasionally Screenshots as well) with John and Elie, Normal Ironman

N7隊長ジョン

So it's been a VERY long time since I finally work on another LP, but I finally got enough willpower to actually record and commentate on another series!

This one will be of XCOM: Long War on Normal Ironman.

If you are new to the Long War, Normal does not mean Easy; the creators of Long War have balanced the lowest difficulty, which is Normal, to be a little bit harder than Classic in vanilla, which means that this mod to XCOM is quite difficult indeed, and I'm still getting a feel for Long War myself. I thoroughly enjoy this mod however, so it is all worth it.

Anyway, joining me in the commentary will be your very own Elieson from SF, which you all know and love. He will be providing us with additional tactical information and overall support through the LP whenever we are undertaking our extraterrestrial missions! Be aware though that he is not as knowledgable about the game as I am, so don't blow a hole through his head if he says something wrong. :P

The soldier roster will also be filled with several members of SF and a few of my own friends as well, with the N7 prefix of course, since we are the best that Earth has to offer! So keep your eyes out; you may end up seeing yourself in your very own mission!

Also, if you ever wish to be added to the roster, I will be drafting possible candidates when necessary, so I will be adding your name to our text file to be selected.

I've already uploaded a couple of videos, so gear up and get ready for the intense action that XCOM is known for!

======================================================

Episode List:

Warning: Episodes Warmup and 1 have loud Voice Tracks; keep your volume down at first.

Squad Roster by Episode:

[spoiler=Test/Warmup Mission]N7 Squad:
Crucial Crizix
Zealous Zelda
Mighty Miguel
Ace Austin
Killer Karina
Mystic Mei

[spoiler=Episode 1]N7 Squad:
Powerful PK
Crucial Crizix
Brave Bal
Zipping ZM
Energetic Eukaryotic
Doctor Dennis

I do upload my videos in 720p/60 fps, so be sure to put it on 60 fps for smooth viewing.

Also, I plan to update this weekly at least, so it'll be quite active.

Albums of Mission Summaries:

[spoiler=These aren't necessarily missions of the LP. ]Also, there won't be much commentary, but the screenshots will at least be in order.

First Troop Transport Ship mission I've ever done in Long War (Mid Feb)

3rd Mission of my Latest non-LP file. (2/27/15)

Site Recon "Chysallid Invasion Mission" (2/27/15)

Training Abduction Mission # Whatever (3/1/2015)

UFO Mission #11 (3/1/2015)

======================================================

Questions You May Have:

Q: "Commander, why are your episodes est. 1 hour long each?"

A: That's because if you've ever played XCOM before, you know rushing in blindly with no plan in mind will only get you killed; XCOM is a very challenging TBS, so caution and planning is absolutely necessary, especially in the early game. Deaths are to be expected.

Q: "Why don't you do this as a Screenshot LP instead?"

A: I'm not going to put all that time and effort to order and commentate each and every one of the screenshots just to give a lackluster feel of what XCOM would be like; the tension and feeling given from XCOM would be decreased tremendously because you aren't seeing it in real time. Plus, I'm lazy and busy, and I don't have much time to dedicate to a SS LP.

However, I may just a few screenies every mission and just post them under its own section, but there's not going to be much commentary on the snapshots; just a few that I found that are cool/funny/etc to look at.

Edited by N7 Commander John

So... just an update here.

It turns our that it wasn't my hard drive that was failing, but my GPU instead; the internal fan on it started to malfunction, and my card reaches near 100 C whenever I'm just playing XCOM. So unfortunately, Elie and I haven't been able to record a few missions yet. I'd rather not fry my current GPU like a shishkabob.

I've already ordered a new GPU since Wednesday, but it is shipping late since it was due Friday night, and I didn't get it yet. Damn UPS.

Hopefully I'll receive it today though, and if I do, I should have an episode up by Sunday night at the last.

Lol well sadly, I won't be able to do any recording this weekend since UPS decided to delay my two day shipping date of Friday to Monday. >>;

So the episodes will be delayed again.

But here are some albums of a few missions I've been playing on another file!

Albums of Mission Summaries:

[spoiler=These aren't necessarily missions of the LP. ]Also, there won't be much commentary, but the screenshots will at least be in order.

First Troop Transport Ship mission I've ever done in Long War

3rd Mission of my Latest non-LP file.

Site Recon "Chysallid Invasion Mission"

So I know I keep delaying this, but my new GPU won't work with my current motherboard. I have to get a new one and a new case as well to fit my new board, so I most likely won't have another video update until next weekend.

Just a headsup.