Resetless Lunatic+ Run COMPLETED (Deathless) (With Complete Guide)

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, unless Yarne comes into the equation, it'll probably have to be like that.

Is dance abuse with Olivia for you acceptable?

For this run, probably, especially if I'm going to be trying to stretch things thin. I may also do Rescue-for-EXP abuse. I might ease off on either if it seems like people are getting bored, though.

If Yarne shows up. . .

- Lucina and Brady still have coffee

- Cynthia and Severa can make each other miserable

- One of Morgan/Nah goes with Yarne

- The other sticks to Daddy.

For this run, probably, especially if I'm going to be trying to stretch things thin. I may also do Rescue-for-EXP abuse. I might ease off on either if it seems like people are getting bored, though.

If you manage to get Olivia to lv 5 Assassin, then you can have some fun with Lethality. Especially on Inigo it should be great, Lucina probably not so much.

If Yarne shows up. . .

- Lucina and Brady still have coffee

- Cynthia and Severa can make each other miserable

- One of Morgan/Nah goes with Yarne

- The other sticks to Daddy.

Don't forget Inigo.

Having a team filled with females is pretty common, actually. Awakening's ingame balance on a per-unit basis is just horribly biased against boys for some reason- all the good ingame units are female, and most of the good ingame females have daughters, and most of the sons are bad ingame units too. It's... Kind of silly. And the main reason why Chrom x Olivia is good ingame (despite his bases and hard recruitment chapter, Inigo is easily the best non-Morgan 2nd gen male in the game).

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

I'm sure the chat will find things to talk about when staff/dance abuse happens. It tends to go off-topic no matter how exciting things are onscreen as is, unless some really funny RNG thing happens.

I'd rather see Olivia do a Galeforce passdown myself (there's enough exp in Cht.12-13 alone to make it work with Dancer(30) -> DF iirc, but saving a Paralogue is probably a good idea anyway- saving Gangrel's squad in Cht.11 also gives her a good level). It really helps to have plenty of GF units when making a big team as they don't have to be as far ahead of the curve to both survive and be useful.

To do that though you need to be really on the ball with a spare Second Seal for her ready in Cht.11, an Arms Scroll ready then as well for D Lances (get from Par.4) and a +5 Beastkiller (Renown). Noble Rapier for Chrom from Renown helps as well, and you need at least two tanks who work well unequipped for Cht.12 (so not Nowi, though she can support if Robin is good enough).

After that, congrats, you have two GF kids and Olivia is so strong she can carry in Inigo's Paralogue. All for 200 turns of Dancing and two chapters of exp.

If it's dance spam into GF passdown to Lucina and Inigo, I won't even bother watching even if I can because it's boring. I planned to turn it into a drinking game and take a sip each time Lethality triggers. :awesome:

Edited by Knusperkeks

Watching Kuroi's first successful run, I saw once again why I don't like Vengeance - dual guards can and will ruin it, if you were relying on it to get anywhere.

Edited by Levant Caprice

It does need to be very carefully set up if relying on it. I actually wasn't relying on it, though, despite originally considering it in the plans. I was actually always counting on Chrom to do the bulk of the heavy Grima-slaying lifting, but Vengeance was kinda there as "in case things go really badly" thing. Plus, if I ended up eating Ignis(es), it would help turn a disadvantage into a bit of an advantage. In the end, Grima was more of Vengeance's secondary purpose.

Granted, it also didn't see much use for its main purpose, either. I'd had it in my head to use it as a safety net vs Counter if I happened to eat unfortunately Luna+ hits or have to tank multiple Counter. Unfortunately, it would have been at a point in the game where Vengeance's proc rate isn't particularly reliable. So while it's a decent safety, turns out that throwing a ton of cash into overpowered forges is the more reliable way to get through things. I'd probably still consider Vengeance if I ever had a run where I got far enough to get it, but was horribly, horribly Mag-screwed (chances are that that run would be long-dead by then, though, unless the game decided to troll hard and either also put in next-to-no Counter or have Robin throwing out a billion crits).

As for the male Robin run, I would kind of like to try something other than maximizing Galeforce (especially given that I can afford to be a bit more lax on this mode). I'll see what I can do about getting Lethality. You actually would have liked the Lunatic+ run I did before I got my 3DS, Knus. I had a Gaius!Yarne with Lethality and the RNG seemed to really like the little guy. Among feats of Lethalitying a few enemies he wouldn't have killed, even with Dual Strikes, he also procced it on C25!Aversa. He ended up going from "I'm using him with passed-down-Lethality to poke enemies he otherwise has no chance of killing for the luls because I don't actually need him on the team" to being able to skirmish with 1-2 enemies at a time (he was a Warrior with excellent offense and very questionable defenses).

It does need to be very carefully set up if relying on it. I actually wasn't relying on it, though, despite originally considering it in the plans. I was actually always counting on Chrom to do the bulk of the heavy Grima-slaying lifting, but Vengeance was kinda there as "in case things go really badly" thing. Plus, if I ended up eating Ignis(es), it would help turn a disadvantage into a bit of an advantage. In the end, Grima was more of Vengeance's secondary purpose.

Granted, it also didn't see much use for its main purpose, either. I'd had it in my head to use it as a safety net vs Counter if I happened to eat unfortunately Luna+ hits or have to tank multiple Counter. Unfortunately, it would have been at a point in the game where Vengeance's proc rate isn't particularly reliable. So while it's a decent safety, turns out that throwing a ton of cash into overpowered forges is the more reliable way to get through things. I'd probably still consider Vengeance if I ever had a run where I got far enough to get it, but was horribly, horribly Mag-screwed (chances are that that run would be long-dead by then, though, unless the game decided to troll hard and either also put in next-to-no Counter or have Robin throwing out a billion crits).

As for the male Robin run, I would kind of like to try something other than maximizing Galeforce (especially given that I can afford to be a bit more lax on this mode). I'll see what I can do about getting Lethality. You actually would have liked the Lunatic+ run I did before I got my 3DS, Knus. I had a Gaius!Yarne with Lethality and the RNG seemed to really like the little guy. Among feats of Lethalitying a few enemies he wouldn't have killed, even with Dual Strikes, he also procced it on C25!Aversa. He ended up going from "I'm using him with passed-down-Lethality to poke enemies he otherwise has no chance of killing for the luls because I don't actually need him on the team" to being able to skirmish with 1-2 enemies at a time (he was a Warrior with excellent offense and very questionable defenses).

Fair enough. I always thought that in a game like FE, Vengeance is just not worthwhile.

Yarne x Morgan would technically result in dragon bunnies this run too. I'll give it a go, though, if Panne x Libra gets off the ground.

Technically I more wanted dragon bunnies with Yarne and Nah so really Yarne's father is irrelevant.

I just said Libra because staff xp and rescue for support points but if someone else is easier by all means.

Panne would be the problem factor here, since she'd need levels too, if we don't want Yarne to be garbage. It's something I'd attempt if Stahl and Sumia were getting really good levels, but neither has picked up a single point of Str and Stahl hasn't gotten any Spd, either (although, to her credit, Sumia's been stockpiling that Mag for when Dark Flier rolls around). This also means that Sully x Henry isn't going to be a thing. Maybe I'll have to do another casual run after this to cover the other suggested pairings. >.>

I wonder if there's any worth in trying to swap Stahl and Lon'qu (if whoever requested Stahl x Maribelle is fine with that, of course). Stahl has been getting a lot of support and wexp but he has a fairly low amount of exp invested in him so far and Lon'qu has probably gained more stats in just one chapter than he has all game.At this rate, if we leave Stahl in he might be able to take a hit eventually, but he'll need a hefty +Spd pairup and will still do almost nothing back.

Hmmm, it might be worth considering, although I don't remember who requested the pair. He can actually take one hit from just about anything at this point in the game (he has been picking up Def and HP, after all), but yeah, even with Iron, he's hitting relatively weak (although, to be fair, he has the same Str as Sumia; I just gave Sumia the better lance) and that Speedwing is only gonna hold him for so long. If his levels don't pick up, though, he's still going to be pathetic when he Dual Strikes.

Have we done chapter 12 yet? With a good enough panne and libra support that chapter can basically be Panne food with her taguel beast damage boost.

Except keeping Panne as Taguel for that is shooting yourself in the foot for little gain because lolbeaststonemt.

Yeah, C12 is better for anyone with D Lances for Beast Killer spam. Dark Flier Olivia comes to mind, as does Sumia.

On the bright side, it's filled with a bunch of lance guys for Panne to Axe some questions about, assuming she's a Wyvern at that point.

Except keeping Panne as Taguel for that is shooting yourself in the foot for little gain because lolbeaststonemt.

But wouldn't the bonus damage be worth it? I'm not completely used to lunatic but with decent str gains which panne should get because panne I feel like a carnivorous bunny is in order.