Greatest lord in fire emblem?

Master Roy

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't played any of the non-localized games but I'm pretty sure stats wise PoR Ike beats everyone and can pretty much solo maps himself. RD Ike has less speed growth but is still a beast and starts out with a high speed base anyways.

Sigurd doesn't really cut it for me since Lewyn comes in with the holesty and completely overshadows sigurd (he even does more damage to freeze than him), and celice also overshadows sigurds stats

Your suggestion of Leaf makes very little sense with this mentality, as Asvel joins with Grafcalibur in chapter 4x (way earlier than Levin gets Holsety).

Celice's stats might be better, but if you compare their surrounding casts, Sigurd is far and away the better unit. Celice is surrounded by Shanan, Oifaye and Aless very early on, while Sigurd is surrounded by Cuan and uh, a bunch of serviceable units. And like previously mentioned, Levin has Holsety for a chapter and a quarter of Sigurd's six chapter existence

There's no doubting Holsety!Levin completely destroys all the enemies in chapter 5, but the bosses aside, Sigurd (or anybody promoted really) can kill the mooks rather easily. Sigurd can handle the bosses with relative ease if he has a 50 kill silver/hero sword too.

Sigurd and RD Ike are the best, followed by PoR Ike, Hector and Ephraim, I think. PoR Ike has better speed than his RD self, but his RD self gets Ragnell earlier, has better bases, and doesn't stay sword-locked.

I just hear Sigurd can wreck everything because Tyrfing and stuff. Seliph might be up there due to that to, I don't know as much about him.

Sigurd, not even close. Levin is really good, but he is a foot unit in a game where mounts dominate. No lord comes close to the starting excellence of Sigurd. Think about it, he's Seth/Marcus/Frederick/Titania with good bases for his level, unlike them, and has good exp gain and growths. Not to mention he gets a high might weapon in the frieking PROLOGUE and even a legendary weapon!

Micaiah and Roy are the best because a lord that doesn't kick ass makes a game much more difficult. As for stat wise definetly Ike in FE9 or Sigurd both are really broken.

Edited by JDT001

Haven't even made it to chapter 3 yet and I can see why people think Sigurd is the best. Hector was a much more useful unit in my run of FE7 than Eliwood and Lyn, but training the weaklings felt more satisfying to me.

Hecotor and Sigurd are pretty high up along with Ike. Yeah, those should be top 3.

In terms of sexines, it would be Marth for male and Celica for female. Manliest or strongest in physical strength (not the stat) would be Ike. In terms of personality it would have to be either Jugdrals lords or and Sacred Stones twins.

Sigurd is the only answer. He's better than Seliph, and Seliph also is up against tougher enemies where Sigurd completely dominates the fuck out of the first generation.

Ike in FE10 is second, and it's not a close second. After that we have like... Seliph, then like Ephraim (if you go on Ephraim's route), and then there's a huge gap.

It doesn't take much to realize that it is Sigurd, followed closely by Sigurd Mk. II aka Seliph.

Bases, mounted, growths, basically a prf Silver Sword. He starts off ahead of the curve and stays there. Forever. unless you're playing 0% growths

Sigurd doesn't really cut it for me since Lewyn comes in with the holesty and completely overshadows sigurd (he even does more damage to freeze than him), and celice also overshadows sigurds stats

Oh dear.

Holsety comes at the tail end of C4. Sigurd gets his super hax weapon like 5 minutes after Lewyn does. Seliph gets his start by taking things that daddy passed down to him. He still goes through an awkward infantry phase without that Paragon ring.

Sigurd is the only answer. He's better than Seliph, and Seliph also is up against tougher enemies where Sigurd completely dominates the fuck out of the first generation.

Ike in FE10 is second, and it's not a close second. After that we have like... Seliph, then like Ephraim (if you go on Ephraim's route), and then there's a huge gap.

I wouldn't say FE10 Ike beats Seliph. Seliph's still got a mount and becomes a Forged Sigurd+ like literally after the first chapter.Post-C6 Promo Seliph stomps the fuck out of everything in a style similar to Sigurd. Seliph may be more resource dependent, but dat payoff tho.

The thing is that Ike is an elite combat unit in a combat-heavy game. Seliph is an elite combat unit in a game filled with elite combat units, in a game with mounts.

Edited by Lord Raven

The thing is that Ike is an elite combat unit in a combat-heavy game. Seliph is an elite combat unit in a game filled with elite combat units, in a game with mounts.

The god amongst gods argument still applies to Ike as well, wouldn't it? Seliph's only competition is like, Ares, Leif, and Lewyn!Arthur. Ike is around Titania and Haar. Having a mount in FE4 is a big deal, too. I feel that the combat prowess of gen 2 is oft overstated. Yes, you've got a lot less suck, but it's not enough to discredit how much of a monster Seliph is.

i think the only one who comes anywhere near sigurd is his alm and then maybe his son or ike

What's the deal with Alm? Mind you I know less than nothing about Gaiden.

What's the deal with Alm? Mind you I know less than nothing about Gaiden.

Being able to wield bows in gaiden kinda makes any unit good automatically. 1-5 range OP.

Also, he kinda turns the hardest boss in the game into a joke because his literally unable to damage Alm.

Edit: Other than that, I'm not sure. His Strength is pretty high.

Edited by #RR shinpichu

The god amongst gods argument still applies to Ike as well, wouldn't it? Seliph's only competition is like, Ares, Leif, and Lewyn!Arthur. Ike is around Titania and Haar. Having a mount in FE4 is a big deal, too. I feel that the combat prowess of gen 2 is oft overstated. Yes, you've got a lot less suck, but it's not enough to discredit how much of a monster Seliph is.

Well, Ike is actually the second best combat unit in his own chapters. Titania is good but her combat isn't at Ike's level. Seliph's combat isn't as good as Ares or Lewyn!Arthur.

Part 4 is all rout maps, too.

We're basically arguing some minute difference here though, because whatever advantage I think Ike has is only slight compared to Seliph. There's a major gap between Ike/Seliph and the next best Lord.