Greatest lord in fire emblem?

Master Roy

3-2- Haar may get places before Titania, but all of our mounted units contribute into dropping a bosskiller(Shinon is best) into range. Ike is not mounted.

Shinon's our boss killer in this map? How? He doesn't have 3x effectiveness against the boss.

3-3- Titania accomplishes a lot more while split up, for instance she can Burn supplies and then Canto back into enemy range.

Yeah but they're still split up... Ike and Titania are both doing ab it of everything.

3-5 If Haar hasn't proc'd enough speed and Titania has, Titania works as the bosskiller instead. Ike can't do this in the same number of turns.

If Haar hasn't gotten enough speed, then the Speedwing goes to him.

3-8 Same move, but Titania has Canto and better 1-2 range

But what would Ike possibly want to Canto away from, unless you're talking about Cantoing forward, in which case sure, but Ike's 1 range is still better.

3-10 She doesn't kill everything, but being in range to kill more units > being in range to kill fewer units.

This doesn't make sense since Ike is more likely to be in range to make kills.

Through 3-2 to 3-10, Titania's combat is better overall(assuming the Speedwings), mostly due to better 1-2 range. Ike's stuck with Wind Edges which have less Mt and Hit than Hand Axes and can't be forged. She also has more Mt at one range due to axes over swords and can use the Hammer to ORKO Generals (Ike has the Wyrmslayer, but Titania ORKOs Dracoknights anyway). Ike might have the Brave Sword which helps him do some stuff I guess, but overall Ike is more useful than Titania in efficiency due to Part 4, not Part 3.

I'm looking through the HM enemy stats and there aren't that many 2-range enemies to begin with, there's probably only one in each crowd. The majority 1-range enemies means that in combat, Ike has the advantage due to better durability, strength, and Ettard (which has 50 uses).

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Technically, 20/20 Roy with the Sword of Seals might be the best combat unit out there.

Roy - Level 20 Master Lord
52 HP, 16 (+5) Def, 16 (+5) Res, 78 Avo, 30 CAvo

Sword of Seals - 40 Att, 160 Acc, 22 Crit (Heals 30 HP)

He won't BE 20/20 but I'm just throwing it out there. Even with Tyrfing, Sigurd does 22 damage per turn (after Roy heals) and takes 21 damage per turn. Sigurd needs to go first to beat Roy and he's doing that with a sub 50 hit rate.

tl;dr: Roy's a combat god if we take 20/20 stats. But during a regular playthrough, my vote is for Sigurd.

Aren't Haar and Titania unlikely to get speed growth if you Bexp? At least Haar has a lot of level ups before promotion, so you can just watch him cap stregnth/skill/etc. and then bexp. Titania, I dunno. I'm always tempted to just insta-Master Crown her, because she's so close to promotion, but her exp gain is so slow.

Aren't Haar and Titania unlikely to get speed growth if you Bexp? At least Haar has a lot of level ups before promotion, so you can just watch him cap stregnth/skill/etc. and then bexp. Titania, I dunno. I'm always tempted to just insta-Master Crown her, because she's so close to promotion, but her exp gain is so slow.

Transfers and it shouldn't matter other than Haar's battle level ups.

Yeah but they're still split up... Ike and Titania are both doing ab it of everything.

So is just about everyone. Titania's move + Canto makes her quite valuable.

Is he? It's an outdoor map with no movement restrictions.

Ike has the advantage due to better durability, strength, and Ettard (which has 50 uses).

It's only a significant advantage while there aren't mages around and before Titania promotes.

Titania has +1 base, and likely promotes before Ike reaches his strength cap.

It's a nice sword, but it only has 1 might on a Steel Axe and 10 hit on an Iron Poleaxe. With Titania's superior strength, her 1-range combat is superior pre-Ragnell.

Aren't Haar and Titania unlikely to get speed growth if you Bexp? At least Haar has a lot of level ups before promotion, so you can just watch him cap stregnth/skill/etc. and then bexp. Titania, I dunno.

She's one off her strength cap, and speed is her third highest growth apart from strength.

Edited by Baldrick

So is just about everyone. Titania's move + Canto makes her quite valuable.

So I don't see how it's not a wash or something?

Is he? It's an outdoor map with no movement restrictions.

If he's being ferried or something by Haar then unless Haar has Savior I don't think he's outside of kill range.

It's only a significant advantage while there aren't mages around and before Titania promotes.

Titania has +1 base, and likely promotes before Ike reaches his strength cap.

It's a nice sword, but it only has 1 might on a Steel Axe and 10 hit on an Iron Poleaxe. With Titania's superior strength, her 1-range combat is superior pre-Ragnell.

So you're saying it's a wash, because even if it has 10 hit on an Iron Poleaxe, Ike has 12 hit on top of that. Ike also has 2 higher speed, and with transfer boosts (he's more likely to get them I'd think) he's got an advantage here.

She's one off her strength cap, and speed is her third highest growth apart from strength.

But she levels up much, much slower than Ike.

Technically, 20/20 Roy with the Sword of Seals might be the best combat unit out there.

Roy - Level 20 Master Lord
52 HP, 16 (+5) Def, 16 (+5) Res, 78 Avo, 30 CAvo

Sword of Seals - 40 Att, 160 Acc, 22 Crit (Heals 30 HP)

He won't BE 20/20 but I'm just throwing it out there. Even with Tyrfing, Sigurd does 22 damage per turn (after Roy heals) and takes 21 damage per turn. Sigurd needs to go first to beat Roy and he's doing that with a sub 50 hit rate.

tl;dr: Roy's a combat god if we take 20/20 stats. But during a regular playthrough, my vote is for Sigurd.

a level 30 Sigurd is... (i've just switched hit/avoid/crit calcs to FE6 since crits work differently, assuming Sigurd has more than 7 con needed for Tyrfing)

64HP, 19 Def, 24 Res, 75 Avo, 17 CAvo

Tyrfing - 55 Atk, 152 hit, 16 crit

Sigurd ORKO's Roy (34x2) at 74 hit, taking 20 damage in return.

Although technically RD!Ike or Chrom would be the best, depending on how many levels you'd be willing to give Chrom since they're theoretically infinite

Roy also does 7x2 damage to Hector per round, although to be fair he'd probabaly still win since Hector has 50 hit.

Ephraim also 2HKO's Roy at very good hit, and Eirika doubles him and destroys him too. He's only really beats Eliwood and mayyyybe Hector when it comes to GBA Lords.

Edited by General Horace

Shinon's our boss killer in this map? How? He doesn't have 3x effectiveness against the boss.

Shinon has the highest ORKO % at 2 range. The boss has a 1-2 range weapon so either Shinon needs to be dropped at the end of the boss's attack range or you need to use 1-2 range yourself.

By this logic, Haar=Mia on this map because "they're split up and doing a bit of everything" which is an incredibly vague statement. Titania burns supplies, kills more enemies, visits tents etc. far more easily due to Mov and Canto.

If Haar hasn't gotten enough speed, then the Speedwing goes to him.

A second Speedwing on 3-2? Haar's only gained like a level by then.

But what would Ike possibly want to Canto away from, unless you're talking about Cantoing forward, in which case sure, but Ike's 1 range is still better.

Cantoing forward yeah and how is his 1 range better when he has less Mt than Titania and no Hammer for Generals?

Why is Haar ferrying Ike on 3-10 when both Haar and Titania kill things (esp. at 1-2 range) better than Ike?

I'm looking through the HM enemy stats and there aren't that many 2-range enemies to begin with, there's probably only one in each crowd. The majority 1-range enemies means that in combat, Ike has the advantage due to better durability, strength, and Ettard (which has 50 uses).

Ettard has worse Mt than a forged Steel Axe or a forged Steel Sword. It doesn't really have much point beyond 3-1. Titania has a higher Str base and growth and will reach promotion bonuses sooner, especially if you give your BEXP to her to do so.

Edited by -Cynthia-

So I don't see how it's not a wash or something?

Titania's horse = Ike's foot? I suppose so.

If he's being ferried or something by Haar then unless Haar has Savior I don't think he's outside of kill range.

Isn't it a rout map? (Honestly wondering) I don't see why Ike's being ferried. But if he is, there aren't many enemies in Haar's saddlebags.

So you're saying it's a wash, because even if it has 10 hit on an Iron Poleaxe, Ike has 12 hit on top of that. Ike also has 2 higher speed, and with transfer boosts (he's more likely to get them I'd think) he's got an advantage here.

If the hit is that important, she could take a Steel Axe forge or something (~300 gold for +10 hit). The speed is a fair point pre-promotion, but I don't have PoR so I couldn't say anything about transfers.

But she levels up much, much slower than Ike.

It is really much, much slower? She's only five levels higher. Anyway, it could arguably make BEXP more convenient, as long as she could reasonably be expected to gain 70-80 exp a chapter and get a BEXP top-up in the base.

Sigurd doesn't really cut it for me since Lewyn comes in with the holesty and completely overshadows sigurd (he even does more damage to freeze than him), and celice also overshadows sigurds stats

Lol Lewyn Gets The Holsety at the end of chapter 4 he isnt invisible until that moment while...

Sigurd starts with great stats has good growths for a gen 1 character gets a great weapon in the prolouge where he gets it to claim kills

Lewyn isnt even the 2nd best character its probably lex who while struggles at the start has elite and the hero axe

Rating the lords

Sigurd>RD Ike transfer/Post Promo PoR ike(Solos)=Alm(Solos)>FE1 Marth(Solo)>Eliwood Mode Hector(cant solo really but he is the only lord in elibe that doesnt have a rather crappy midgame)>FE12 Marth(Has Somewhat solo potencial in anything that isnt lunatic)>Celice(Great but he is only god after he promotes not talking about his mother dragging him down too)

Honorble Mentions:Ephraim

Dishonorble Mentions:Lyn(She isnt bad rather that she has non existent bulk and completely outclassed by guy mani katti cant last forever and the SOL katti is rather crappy for its abnormal weight) Roy(its Roy)

Thats really the best lords leif in FE5 isnt very good but he has niches like Prf light sword access to blaggi sword no fatigue and such sure the blaggi sword goes to a god named felgus because he always crit with a PCC of a 5 I give him SoL and he is done just to note you

FE5 best characters are(At least IMO )

Safy

Fin/Othin

Othin/Fin

Felgus

Shiva

Halvan

Edited by TTPK_Tal

Shinon has the highest ORKO % at 2 range. The boss has a 1-2 range weapon so either Shinon needs to be dropped at the end of the boss's attack range or you need to use 1-2 range yourself.

I wasn't aware of that, but wouldn't Shinon need a crit to do that? Isn't it still more convenient to have +4 spd Haar (two speedwings or a speedwing and two str procs) able to solidly 2RKO that boss? And besides, doesn't Titania move slower through the forest than most units do?

By this logic, Haar=Mia on this map because "they're split up and doing a bit of everything" which is an incredibly vague statement. Titania burns supplies, kills more enemies, visits tents etc. far more easily due to Mov and Canto.

But Titania can't fly over things like Haar can |:

A second Speedwing on 3-2? Haar's only gained like a level by then.

So he'd have 24 spd... a 24 spd Haar is more valuable than a 26 Spd Titania

Cantoing forward yeah and how is his 1 range better when he has less Mt than Titania and no Hammer for Generals?

I mean Ike's offense is still better for the other enemies...

Why is Haar ferrying Ike on 3-10 when both Haar and Titania kill things (esp. at 1-2 range) better than Ike?

Fuck, I got it confused with 3-11.

Ettard has worse Mt than a forged Steel Axe or a forged Steel Sword. It doesn't really have much point beyond 3-1. Titania has a higher Str base and growth and will reach promotion bonuses sooner, especially if you give your BEXP to her to do so.

I don't think you get *that* much BEXP that you can consistently level her up with it. She's like Level 16 or 17.

Titania's horse = Ike's foot? I suppose so.

There's plenty of enemies blocking things, it's not like Titania can fly over enemies.

Isn't it a rout map? (Honestly wondering) I don't see why Ike's being ferried. But if he is, there aren't many enemies in Haar's saddlebags.

I got it confused with 3-11 my bad

If the hit is that important, she could take a Steel Axe forge or something (~300 gold for +10 hit). The speed is a fair point pre-promotion, but I don't have PoR so I couldn't say anything about transfers.

I was mainly arguing against an Iron Poleaxe, but Titania's chance to cap her Speed isn't too high in Path of Radiance. She needs like 13 speed gains in 19 level ups (she has a 50-55% growth) to do it. Ike has 55% Spd and needs 19 gains in 38 level ups to do it. The strength is worse off.

It is really much, much slower? She's only five levels higher. Anyway, it could arguably make BEXP more convenient, as long as she could reasonably be expected to gain 70-80 exp a chapter and get a BEXP top-up in the base.

You add the difference in level between the attacking character and the foe times 1.5. So a level 8-9 enemy getting killed by Titania gets her around 10 less EXP than a level 9 enemy getting killed by Ike or something. The hard mode penalty is also -5, so you could see someone like Ike, Boyd, or Oscar getting twice the EXP Titania gets.

I think Titania gets like 5-6 EXP per kill and Ike gets like 20ish.

Grafcalibur has 40 uses, and can be repaired with Safy's hammerne staff, and is a very good candidate to get repaired. Levin probably doesn't even use 50 uses of Holsety in gen 1 regardless. What mage (other than Sety, who joins so late it's irrelevant) is better than Asvel? He has 3 PCC, Continue, and very good growths (especially speed). If you repair Tyrfing, the meteor mages do close to zero damage, and there are a number of ways to deal with Reptor (sleep, silence, etc) if you don't want Sigurd to just kill him without Levin blowing him up (although it is a good alternative.

Just because Sigurd has a mediocre performance in the last castle of the generation doesn't mean he's mediocre himself. He's your best unit in litererally every other scenerio.

He Actually has above average performance compared to the rest of your team he can tank a hit from reptor with tyrfing the fact that lewyn is better for the last boss in the 1st Gen doesnt make Lewyn any better then sigurd when he has not nearly as good as performance 2 and 5/6 of a chapter He only gets invincible at the end of chapter 4 he has not as good move in a game where you need mounts

So Lewyns pros over sigurd

Better then sigurd in the last castle

gets the best tome in the game(not counting naga because last 3rd of final chapter)

Sigurds Pros of Lewyns

More Move

Better Offence for 2 5/6 chapters

Better availability

Gets To See More Combat

Better Performance for everything not named the last castle

Pursuit

Edited by TTPK_Tal

I wasn't aware of that, but wouldn't Shinon need a crit to do that? Isn't it still more convenient to have +4 spd Haar (two speedwings or a speedwing and two str procs) able to solidly 2RKO that boss? And besides, doesn't Titania move slower through the forest than most units do?

Yeah Shinon needs a crit or Adept activation, but it's a better chance than Haar with a 1-2 range weapon. You go through the left side, not the forest so Titania/Oscar's penalties don't matter.

But Titania can't fly over things like Haar can |:

True Titania isn't as good as Haar on this map, but more Mov and Canto is still very useful for an efficient clear. I'd take Oscar over Ike on 3-2 honestly.

So he'd have 24 spd... a 24 spd Haar is more valuable than a 26 Spd Titania

Little confused where these speed numbers are coming from, but the point stands that Titania can kill the boss turn 1 and Ike can't (remember this is about Ike, not Titania vs. Haar). I dunno why we're giving Haar both the early Speedwings honestly.

Oh are you arguing w'/transfers? She doesn't really need the Speedwing then.

I mean Ike's offense is still better for the other enemies...

But Titania has more Mt because forged Steel Axe>forged Steel Sword and her Str should be higher especially if you're BEXPing her to early promotion (which is the most efficient use of the Part 3 early BEXP IMO). Ike's better against like...Swordmasters because he can ORKO with the Brave Sword, Titania wins against everything else.

Edited by -Cynthia-

I don't think you get *that* much BEXP that you can consistently level her up with it. She's like Level 16 or 17.

I guess it depends on how many kills she gets, Hard Mode is really stingy with BEXP and it's probably better for Haar. Still, she should get a scrap when close to levelling, and should promote by 3-8, which is probably the first map where they aren't splitting up or having Haar do the thing.

There's plenty of enemies blocking things, it's not like Titania can fly over enemies.

She's not slingshotting through the map but console Canto and an extra couple of move are definitely a boon.

I was mainly arguing against an Iron Poleaxe, but Titania's chance to cap her Speed isn't too high in Path of Radiance. She needs like 13 speed gains in 19 level ups (she has a 50-55% growth) to do it. Ike has 55% Spd and needs 19 gains in 38 level ups to do it. The strength is worse off.

Would giving her some of the PoR speedwings be a good investment?

You add the difference in level between the attacking character and the foe times 1.5. So a level 8-9 enemy getting killed by Titania gets her around 10 less EXP than a level 9 enemy getting killed by Ike or something. The hard mode penalty is also -5, so you could see someone like Ike, Boyd, or Oscar getting twice the EXP Titania gets.

I think Titania gets like 5-6 EXP per kill and Ike gets like 20ish.

What's the base? If that's the case, Ike is getting 8 more EXP per kill. If they're getting the same kills, that's an extra level every 12 kills, but I think Ike wouldn't be getting any BEXP, because he only has 9 levels to grow and plenty of time to make it up with Ragnell.

Rating the lords

Sigurd>RD Ike transfer/Post Promo PoR ike(Solos)=Alm(Solos)>FE1 Marth(Solo)>Eliwood Mode Hector(cant solo really but he is the only lord in elibe that doesnt have a rather crappy midgame)>FE12 Marth(Has Somewhat solo potencial in anything that isnt lunatic)>Celice(Great but he is only god after he promotes not talking about his mother dragging him down too)

Honorble Mentions:Ephraim

Dishonorble Mentions:Lyn(She isnt bad rather that she has non existent bulk and completely outclassed by guy mani katti cant last forever and the SOL katti is rather crappy for its abnormal weight) Roy(its Roy)

Thats really the best lords leif in FE5 isnt very good but he has niches like Prf light sword access to blaggi sword no fatigue and such sure the blaggi sword goes to a god named felgus because he always crit with a PCC of a 5 I give him SoL and he is done just to note you

FE5 best characters are(At least IMO )

Safy

Fin/Othin

Othin/Fin

Felgus

Shiva

Halvan

If solo potential is something to say here, Chrom would like roflstomp people since he have Pair Up, and no I don't consider Pair up a non solo, since all you need to do here is to stick a Frederick onto him

Also Seliph is better than FE12 Marth since he starts strong while Marth's kinda shaky early on

If solo potential is something to say here, Chrom would like roflstomp people since he have Pair Up, and no I don't consider Pair up a non solo, since all you need to do here is to stick a Frederick onto him

Also Seliph is better than FE12 Marth since he starts strong while Marth's kinda shaky early on

I dont consider pair up soloing because of how broken it is and if we are talking about normal/hard mode awakening everything can solo it you are named MU or Serker you already won

Seliph bases are affected by diadoras lvls so his bases cant be max unless you want to waste turns seliph doenst start very strong he starts solid H2 marth starts kinda shaky you can say but seliph has the pros of inheritence im preety sure celice with no silver or light sword is preety shaky at the startt (but gen 2 is a joke anyway)

I should add chrom at honorble mentions because he can solo with pair up

modifications FE12 Marth=Celice or Celice>FE12 marth

Honoroble Mentions:Chrom,Ephraim

There is something very wrong with placing Hector above Seliph. Also, post promo Ike is not a separate entity from PoR Ike. Gotta count the package. Not to mention post promo Ike isn't even all that great in PoR until the last 2 chapters of the game.

I dont consider pair up soloing because of how broken it is and if we are talking about normal/hard mode awakening everything can solo it you are named MU or Serker you already won

Seliph bases are affected by diadoras lvls so his bases cant be max unless you want to waste turns seliph doenst start very strong he starts solid H2 marth starts kinda shaky you can say but seliph has the pros of inheritence im preety sure celice with no silver or light sword is preety shaky at the startt (but gen 2 is a joke anyway)

Saying Seliph isn't strong if he did not get the Silver Sword is like saying sayy..... Othin isn't strong if he did not have Pugi

I mean thats clearly the best decision to make for efficient or easy gameplay, its also really easy to do, like "Just play the game as normal" kind of easy. Its not the kind where you need to do stupid ridiculous shit like Dragon Spear on Dean, or questionable things like "Put Brave Axe on Dagda because Dagda is AWESOME"

Marth even have the Speed = 1 EV issue going for him as far as soloing potential goes in H2.

Also Deidre affecting Celice's stats really doesn't matter... like if you don't train her all you're losing out on is a few points of res, magic, and hp. If you really want to train Deidre you can easily just warp spam/arena her to thirty which won't slow you down unless you're going for full blown LTC.

Saying Seliph isn't strong if he did not get the Silver Sword is like saying sayy..... Othin isn't strong if he did not have Pugi

I mean thats clearly the best decision to make for efficient or easy gameplay, its also really easy to do, like "Just play the game as normal" kind of easy. Its not the kind where you need to do stupid ridiculous shit like Dragon Spear on Dean, or questionable things like "Put Brave Axe on Dagda because Dagda is AWESOME"

Marth even have the Speed = 1 EV issue going for him as far as soloing potential goes in H2.

I wasnt saying that is bad im just saying the inhertience alone is what makes seliph/celiec/selice/celiph a great unit you see that i changed it to celice>fe12 marth or Celice=FE12 marth

Lol at dagda part ronan best mage on another note

Im replaying FE5 currently I have always taken olwens route is eyrios route bad? I wanna take it this time

Edit:"BS Fire Emblem Akenia Saga deserves some love too, I know their lords have great potential"

Camus Is godly rest are K the end

Edited by TTPK_Tal

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hector is pure win, with Leif and Sigurd also being amazing lords.

Hector is the only one in FE7 who can actually use his Prf weapon properly holy shit

Hector cant solo HHM

Leif cant solo thracia

Sigurd can solo FE4

Alm can solo FE2

FE12Marth can solo H2

Celice can solo gen 2

So by virtrue

Sigurd>The lords you mentioned

Edited by TTPK_Tal

• 3 weeks later...

Am I the only one who feels like the lords are some of the most boring characters in the series? So many of them feel like the same super noble, no flaws, humorless characters over and over again. Hector's lack of formality was pretty admirable, and Ephraim's admitted bloodlust was something that made me like those characters more than most. In terms of stats, I never really gave a shit about the lord's stats, cause I always found the lord class a little less intriguing compared to others. But if I had to choose my top 3 it would probably be Ephraim, Chrom, and Alm.

Edited by Rawkstar