Greatest lord in fire emblem?

Master Roy

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sigurd and Alm tie in my opinion. Sigurd can solo all of gen 1, while Alm can use the OP 1-5 bows that Gaiden has

Edited by Bankai

KAMUI

This guy knows.

Alm is awesome, since he can carry his whole team, unlike Celica who basically just mooches off the Triangle Attack until she gets actual magic. In terms of absolutely outclassing the rest of the party, Alm's got to win, since even in FE4 gen 1 there are some good characters to back up Sigurd, while Alm is fighting a lonely battle as far into Gaiden as chapter 4. Meanwhile Seliph has a full army of badasses to help him out, and don't get me started on RD and Awakening.

I don't know why everyone's making a fuss about Hector. He has serious flaws, and FE7 has much better characters than him. It's probably just cause he's so much better than Eliwood and Lyn, but still.

In summation, Gonzales for best lord. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Even Alm cannot one round units on his starting chapter, however. Sigurd can, and keeps it up for the rest of the generation.

That's absolutely true, and Sigurd in general is a better unit than Alm (not counting range, in which case Alm has the advantage).

I was referring to comparative badassery, and Alm definitely outclasses the rest of his party in Gaiden, with his only competition really being the Peg Knights, but they're only in Celica's party until the final battle unless you do some revival shenanigans. Meanwhile, Sigurd competes with powerhouses like Quan, Lewyn and Ayra, all amazing units in their own right, for the title of "Ultimate Badass of FE4"TM.

Whichever one really answers the question is up to the original poster, I guess?

• 2 weeks later...

Teeeccchnically, Lucy is the best Lord, considering her broken Awakening skill pool and super high Awakening caps. She could curbstomp 20/20 Sigurd wielding Tyrfing, assuming it's his own class from his own game, where caps were in the twenties.

That's absolutely true, and Sigurd in general is a better unit than Alm (not counting range, in which case Alm has the advantage).

I was referring to comparative badassery, and Alm definitely outclasses the rest of his party in Gaiden, with his only competition really being the Peg Knights, but they're only in Celica's party until the final battle unless you do some revival shenanigans. Meanwhile, Sigurd competes with powerhouses like Quan, Lewyn and Ayra, all amazing units in their own right, for the title of "Ultimate Badass of FE4"TM.

Whichever one really answers the question is up to the original poster, I guess?

Sigurd's most immediate competition is Quan, who doesn't double consistently. Finn as well, but he needs his Hero Lance. Lewyn is on foot and doesn't double consistently. Ayra can't even begin to imagine being anywhere near Sigurd's plane of existence.

• 1 month later...

Eirika she just dodges anything and just crits and one hits them also you get ephrim for only one third of the game if you chose his path so dont even try to compare them and as said she just dodges and kill them right after.

I haven't played FE1-5 enough to comment on them. From those I have played, Ephraim or RD Ike is the best, followed by Eirika most likely.

Roy is bad. He'd be pretty okay if he could promote normally, but as is, no. His bases are unimpressive and promotion lock stops him right about the time he might start being good via growths. Also his Rapier is pretty blah.

Eliwood on his own mode isn't that different from Roy, although his support with Hector is pretty handy. On Hector's route he can promote either 2 or 5 maps earlier and take advantage of horse + javelins. Stats aren't anything amazing but they're okay, and supports prop up his avoid to reliable.

Hector I find a touch overrated because 5+35% speed isn't good and his hit tends to be a bit unreliable. Still, he's an oustanding boss-killer and unusually durable for a lord out of the gate. Given how many lords get amazing durability once they get rolling, though, there's only so much that's worth. No move on promotion is :(

Lyn, assuming you do Lyn Mode, is decent enough because it's pretty easy to get her coming in to Eliwood/Hector mode with a high level and great speed (Lyn mode enemies are so bad that you don't even notice her durability there), and her fast supports especially with Florina ensure her power is fine. Concrete durability is bad, though, so she's generally an offensive troubleshooter until after promotion when her avoid can become reliable.

Eirika is pretty much Lyn and Eliwood in a blender getting the best traits of both, along with a better Prf weapon (thanks to 3x might). Fast, and gets an excellent support with freaking Seth which gives full atk/def and half avoid so she generally smashes things while being pretty durable outside the very start (which is axe city anyway). Sieglinde is pretty ridiculous too. It'd be nice if she weren't sword-locked, though.

Ephraim is broken as hell. Almost as much speed as Lyn/Eirika (actually, it's higher at low levels!), massive power, massive evade because for some reason he even gets luck and a bunch of avoid-boosting supports, possibly the most ridiculous Rapier-type weapon in the series (30 might against weakness, WTF), gets a horse on promotion and a ludicrously strong second Prf to go with it. It's hard to find anything wrong with him aside from perhaps promoting a bit late and being absent for a while on his sister's route.

PoR Ike is... kinda like Eirika honestly, but on balance a bit worse. He has worse base speed and worse Prf weapons (except Ragnell, but that's two maps), and shares her sword lock and durability which starts blah but gets ridiculous by midgame thanks to supports. The PoR competition is a bit stiffer because cavaliers are so stupid, Canto and those stats.

Micaiah is... weird. I have trouble comparing her to other lords. She's better than Roy, I'll say that much. And worse than anyone you would consider calling broken, because that word does not describe her. She's... an offensive troubleshooter with Thani and then a healer. But the durability really needs work, as either you throw resources into her or you pray to the RNG for her to get the stats she needs to not be one-rounded. I favour the former but it's a playstyle thing.

RD Ike meanwhile is ridiculous. Those bases, man. His speed seems calculated to double everything but swordmasters and some bosses at every point in the game, his power/durability are huge, and he still has the "great durability through supports" thing although about the only time you might feel he actually needs it is against mages because his base Def/HP are so good. Also he has Ragnell for like, half his existence, so the sword lock complaint.

I've played the DS games much less (twice each) so I'm less confident on Marth; my impression of him though is that while he's pretty good on paper, in practice he has some trouble keeping up level-wise because he has to keep wasting time hiking to villages. So I tend to think of both he and his SSBM buddy as the weakest lords from the games I've played. If your playstyle causes him to level more normally he's better but the lack of move or new weapon from promotion really hurts and his Prf weapons aren't too special.

Finally there's Chrom who has pretty generically good stats and not much else to say. He gets two earlygame Prf weapons which is nice, and his stats certainly make for someone who feels somewhat better than, say, Eliwood, even before we talk about the fact that he promotes when he wants.

Hector cant solo HHM

Leif cant solo thracia

Sigurd can solo FE4

Alm can solo FE2

FE12Marth can solo H2

Celice can solo gen 2

So by virtrue

Sigurd>The lords you mentioned[/quote

Sigurd cant solo one castle heck hes been one hit before for me i dont know about anyone else but hes not to good for me.

Edited by kaldson0

• 3 weeks later...

Well, since I only played I believe FE6 (The one with Roy) and up, I can't say THAT much about the earlier lords or if they are any good. Here are my thoughts on the Lords from the FE games I've played:

Roy: Bad. Just bad. He can't kill anything in the entire game and his promotion comes so late that you'd think twice about using him in the first place... though every unit in FE6 seems to be pretty mediocre (aside from Rutger/Rutoga, Fa(e) and Sophia and maybe Lilina), so there's that...

Eliwood: He's about as bad as his son. But his supports give him some good options and due to arena abuse, you can level him to level 20 early so that he doesn't get in the way later. This is less of a problem in Hector's path, though and his stats are pretty solid. For me, though, he's the worst out of the three FE7 lords. I also quite like his personality, being all nice and stuff (SPOILER (?): and the (implied, depending on how you manage supports) love story with Ninian is pretty sweet and leads to a genuinely tear-jerking ending, which, to me, makes him the most memorable lord).

Hector: Ugh, speaking of which. Yes, Hector CAN tank physical hits, but that's about it. Magic and faster enemies just kill the poor guy. Still, he's a pretty cool guy that can go toe to toe with Generals and the like and not get damaged. His strong personal weapon and later access to swords help, too.

Lyn: Lyn fits my favourite FE-archetype. She's fast and a dodging machine and she uses swords (yes, I love Swordmaster related units... so sue me). Her low defenses can be pretty awful, especially if you don't get any good growths and lance users are just awful to fight (which is why Hector exists). But she gets bows upon promotion so that's pretty cool. Also, I really like her personality. That's how you do a strong female character!

Eirika: Perhaps a second Lyn, stat-wise and probably (spoiler for the rest of this list) my favourite female lord (well, haven't played Fates yet, so maybe that will change when Female Kamui rolls around). I know that there are claims that she is a pretty bad unit, but for me, she was always one of my, if not the single best unit in all of my FE8 runs. I also quite like the way her character is developed. It is a really realistic depiction of someone experiencing war for the first time. Sad thing about her (but that's not her fault) is that it seems like every male character wants her... uh, yeah... you know. This is so bad that even Awakening joked about it (see the first DLC map, where you get Prince Marth for reference).

(side note: A storm just went off outside... holy hell!)

Ephraim: I'm honestly conflicted about him. With lances being just a straight up bad weapon type (in my opinion, anyway) and his speed getting little to no growths in my playthroughs, I can still safely say that he is an amazing unit gameplay wise, because similar to Hector, he gets a ridiculous amount of strength and defense. But then there's the problem with his personality. He is a war-loving, one dimensional scumbag... there, I said it. There's not much else to him, but I can get that some people may like him. I don't. Sorry.

Ike: Both in Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn, Ike is just amazing. He is easily (one of) the strongest unit(s) in both games (although he has fiercer competition in Radiant Dawn with the Laguz Royals and especially Mia). Personality-wise, there's not much to say about him other than: he is a badass. And that's enough for me. GO IKE! (If you can't tell, Ike is my favourite FE-Lord character).

Micaiah: Also known as 'Failcaiah' to some, I don't think she's quite as bad as people make her out to be. Sure, she supports a nation of racist assholes, but these people were the first she could ever talk to, so I guess I can understand her point of view throughout the story of Radiant Dawn (that doesn't mean I agree with her, though). Unit-wise, she is kind of a mixed bag. Sure, she can't solo maps on her own and her promotion to tier 3 comes in quite late (Paragon and bonus EXP remedy that a little, though), but I think she is a very strong contender for the best mage unit in the game, due to her personal tome and generally strong stats (although speed might be lacking a little, if you get unlucky, I guess).

Marth: Yikes, he is the most hyped up lord in all of Fire Emblem (read: Awakening), yet he just might be the worst of the bunch. Bad stat growths, low durability and a really weak personal weapon (remember: you only get the Falchion toward the end of both DS-remakes) and you have a contender for worst unit in Shadow Dragon and Heroes of Light and Shadow (though he IS a bit better in the second game). His Fire Emblem makes him an excellent replacement/additional thief, though, so that's cool.

Chrom: If you take power creep out of consideration, you end up with a comparatively mediocre lord, to be honest. In his own game, he is far from being the best unit, although he is really strong, don't get me wrong (hah! That rhymed!). Chrom is one of my favourite lords, but compared to some of the others (namely Ike) he falls short of some attributes the others have. Character-wise, he is up there with Eirika as one of the most realistic lord characters out there, having flaws to his character that he fully aknowledges and coping with these throughout the story.

Lucina: She can easily be one of the most broken characters of Awakening (being a child character and all) and although she might not exactly be the strongest of all children (excluding an Avatar-mothered Lucina), she still is a very, very strong unit. But her performance really depends on who is the mother, because with the wrong one (aka the Maiden), she's basically a second Chrom: comparatively mediocre in all of her attributes. But players know better, right? Right? Character-wise, I can see where she's coming from with all of the 'destroyed future' stuff and I feel sorry for the girl for having gone through all those messes (as my childhood wasn't exactly the best, either, I can relate to Lucina's struggles).

From my experience, Ephraim and Lucina are just insane. Lucina can become broken with the right skills, and no matter what class she becomes, Lucina is always able to wreck some people. Ephraim is just amazing with his high power, solid speed, and pretty good stats all around, so he's always been incredibly useful as one of the best units in Sacred Stones.

Of what ive played

Sigurd:to be honest if you try to use alot of units sigurd just dosent do to good ive gone through only useing 4 units and sigurd was good but when i use all of my units sigurd cant solo a castle on chapter 2 much less the first gen.

Seliph:he is much better than sigurd he would solod all of chapter six and maybe chapter seven if i dint want to use more units.

Roy:bad just NO JUST SO BAD!

Lyn:i find her the best lord in FE7 as she never misses because she crits to much i mean she can crit most of the time with an iron sword not even a sword made for crits and if you play through her story than she will be so overleveled and will take the first heaven seal no doubt.

Hector:just he wont hit very much and when he does he wont double and wont kill anything theyll be at like 2 hp he can really only weaken anything.

Eliwood:he is a more balanced lord in FE7 so decent.

Eirika:so much better than her brother shes alot like lyn before the path split you will have had her for much longer than ephrim so she will be at a higher level than him and it will take all of ephrims path to catch up and her stats are much like lyn's she wont get hit than she just gets crit.

Ephrim:i just compared him to eirika just read that.

Chrom:he has second seals just do that.

Edited by kaldson0

Of what ive played

Sigurd:to be honest if you try to use alot of units sigurd just dosent do to good ive gone through only useing 4 units and sigurd was good but when i use all of my units sigurd cant solo a castle on chapter 2 much less the first gen.

Seliph:he is much better than sigurd he would solod all of chapter six and maybe chapter seven if i dint want to use more units.

Roy:bad just NO JUST SO BAD!

Lyn:i find her the best lord in FE7 as she never misses because she crits to much i mean she can crit most of the time with an iron sword not even a sword made for crits and if you play through her story than she will be so overleveled and will take the first heaven seal no doubt.

Hector:just he wont hit very much and when he does he wont double and wont anything theyll be at like 2 hp he can really only weaken anything.

Eliwood:he is a more balanced lord in FE7 so decent.

Eirika:so much better than her brother shes alot like lyn before the path split you will have had her for much longer than ephrim so she will be at a higher level than him and it will take all of ephrims path to catch up and her stats are much like lyn's she wont get hit than she just gets crit.

Ephrim:i just compared him to eirika just read that.

Chrom:he has second seals just do that.

I'd like you to name a character in FE4 gen 1 who's better than Sigurd. Cuan? Doesn't have pursuit. Lex? Again, no pursuit and uses the worst weapon type. Ayra? Footed in an extremely mount dominated game. Fury? Not statistically as strong as Sigurd nor can she take advantage of roads. I'm not mentioning Sigurd's RIDICULOUS base stats as well as using the best weapon type. Definitely better than Serlis, as he needs rings in order to be as broken as you said he is. Sigurd does not.

I'd like you to name a character in FE4 gen 1 who's better than Sigurd. Cuan? Doesn't have pursuit. Lex? Again, no pursuit and uses the worst weapon type. Ayra? Footed in an extremely mount dominated game. Fury? Not statistically as strong as Sigurd nor can she take advantage of roads. I'm not mentioning Sigurd's RIDICULOUS base stats as well as using the best weapon type. Definitely better than Serlis, as he needs rings in order to be as broken as you said he is. Sigurd does not.

Levin did much better than sigurd for me at least when i dint have the cheat on to give sigurd plus five in all stats besides luck when that was sigurd was better that also might have been why seliph was so much better i dont know if the cheat works towerds the seliphs base stats.

Levin did much better than sigurd for me at least when i dint have the cheat on to give sigurd plus five in all stats besides luck when that was sigurd was better that also might have been why seliph was so much better i dont know if the cheat works towerds the seliphs base stats.

A. yes, the stats of the parents affect the children's bases. B. Levin isn't as good as Sigurd because he neither has pursuit nor does he have a mount. He doesn't get one either. Having a mount in this game makes you instantly better than 50% of the cast, and if you're Sigurd, well...

Yes but wind magic is very light so theres not much speed loss and holtsy holy blood boosts speed so contenue is ok and you get holtsy before tryafang and while sigurdis a mouned unit that adds weaknesses that levin dosent have such as horseslayers.

Yes but wind magic is very light so theres not much speed loss and holtsy holy blood boosts speed so contenue is ok and you get holtsy before tryafang and while sigurdis a mouned unit that adds weaknesses that levin dosent have such as horseslayers.

Levin still can't double because he doesn't have pursuit! And he gets Holsety literally one castle before Sigurd gets Tyrfing. Horseslayers are literally only a threat vs the Thracian wyvern Knights, and if you play fast enough (AKA take advantage of Sigurd's movement) you can bypass them entirely. Having a weakness to Horseslayers doesn't negate the power of having a higher move stat everywhere else in the game.

Yes but sand negates alot of that of that movement for the tharcian wyvern knights to just come in and completly murder sigurd.also continue it needs more speed but can double.

Edited by kaldson0

Yes but sand negates alot of that of that movement for the tharcian wyvern knights to just come in and completly murder sigurd.also continue it needs more speed but can double.

Pursuit is a lot more reliable than continue. There's a solid path that Sigurd can take in order to get there before. Plus, you can use the rescue staff to bring him closer. Also, this is just one castle. There are more than 15 other castles that Sigurd beats Levin in, literally he loses only in the last two because of the sand. Everywhere else he wins.

Sigurd's true power only comes out when you give him everything; otherwise, he's a good all-rounder, but lacks the killing power to punch through enemy lines reliably from chapter 2. The nature of FE4 means it's fairly easy for a character to snowball, and Sigurd is well suited for it.

Sigurd's true power only comes out when you give him everything; otherwise, he's a good all-rounder, but lacks the killing power to punch through enemy lines reliably from chapter 2. The nature of FE4 means it's fairly easy for a character to snowball, and Sigurd is well suited for it.

Then again, most characters can't do that either, especially considering the bulk of those armors. The only people who can are Ayra when she procs Astra and Holyn with double Luna (unless he's been trained a lot.) Or Silver Lance!Continue!Cuan or Hero Lance fin. All of them require something.