Who Did You Kill When You Recruited Gordin? (in prolouge 4)

noiku

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I sacrificed Jagen, because...he's a Jagen. But seriously, I was slightly shocked that the game opens with them telling you to kill one of your men, so I google'd and the consensus was that Jagen was the best one because of his growths.

But then again he's alive in FE12 so he's not really killed.

Yeah I sacrificed Jagen, because...he's a Jagen. But seriously, I was slightly shocked that the game opens with them telling you to kill one of your men, so I google'd and the consensus was that Jagen was the best one because of his growths.

But then again he's alive in FE12 so he's not really killed.

That is kinda funny when you think about it. I killed off Frey only because I already had Cain and Abel to fill in the red and green knights. Jagen is well Jagen and I felt kinda bad recruiting Gordin just to send him off to die (kinda fucked up but hilarious that the game essentially tells you to do this lol). I think on the very first time I played through though I sent Gordin soooo....

First playthrough I killed Frey because lolcanon. I think I've actually tried it with everyone in order to get all the unique dialogues. I mostly kill Jagen, though because obvs.

I think Gordin was the first one I killed off, but I eventually killed the others as well just to see their dialog.

Come to think of it, I never played normal mode past the prologue.

Very first playthrough(fun fact -- FE11 is the very first FE I ever played, so I wasn't very good), I sacrificed Gordin. I thought they gave you him in that chapter for the sole purpose of sacrificing him. Every single other playthrough, though, I sacrificed Jagen because I hate Oifeys/Jagens/PREPROMOTES IN GENERAL.

Generally one of Cain/Abel, because if I'm playing Normal Mode I'd prefer to use Frey and I like Jagen for too much to sacrifice him like that (even though imagining him pulling off a better Marth cosplay than Lucina is an amusing thought, to say the least).

As much as I actually liked Frey in my very first playthrough, he was actually the one I let go of. SD being my first in the series, I didn't know of Jagen's.... well, Jagen self and kept him around, cause he was prepromoted. Actually, for some reason I felt that it just wasn't right not having Jagen, depite the terrible growths he has, so he ended up being the only one in all of my playthroughs that I never sacrificed

In my first playthrough, I killed off Frey because he got the worst levelup out of Abel, Cain and himself.

You killed him off of a level up???

I've killed units for less. :P:

First time, I completely ignored the prompt and tried to kill Marth. When that didn't work, I decided that it was all the old man's fault, and sent Jagen to his doom.

It was the first time i'd ever played a Fire Emblem game, I didn't know what else to base it off of :(

I just remember not wanting to kill Gordin because I thought his stats were worse because I thought Archer's had special powers or something that I didn't understand, so I just killed Frey because he had the least total stats (other than Gordin and Marth)

Edited by General Horace

Jagen because Wynaut. I also killed off two horse dudes just to get Norne. Than I had Ogma, Bord, Cord, kid thief and Navrre killed off to get Athena. Wahoo.

I usually "kill off" Frey because it's canon. That that was back when I was less experienced and I kept Jagen purely as a panic button. Jagen is also so helpful early on in harder difficulties.

Edited by Monado Boy

I really like how everyone justifies killing off Jagen by saying normal mode is possible without him when the same thing can be said of the others as well.

I really like how everyone justifies killing off Jagen by saying normal mode is possible without him when the same thing can be said of the others as well.

Yeah but isn't the whole point that Jagen is the least useful towards the end of the game and can suck exp? I think people are saying he should only be used if necessary, which would be in the harder difficulties.

I think I would have sacrificed Gordin, but I like the idea that my army makes the tough but deliberate decision of sacrificing rather than accidentally killing a prisoner.

Edited by Radiant head