Thracia 776 Unit Ordering Patch

Robert Stewart

For my next "why hasn't someone more talented than me made this yet" hack....

https://github.com/RobertTheSable/thracia-unit-order/releases/tag/v1.0

Here's a hack for Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 that allows you to order your units on the prep screen.

This works just like Mystery of the Emblem. Open the pick units screen, pick your units, then exit. when you go back, the units you selected will have been moved to the front of the list.

Enjoy. Please report any bugs or issues you find.

Edit: This patch works with the new Project Exile translation patch, but to be one the safe side you should probably apply the translation patch first. Be sure to use the noheader version of the patch.

Edited by Robert Stewart

Does that let us change unit position in the chapter? (haven't played fe3 so i don't know precisely how that works,)

yes. The order of your units in the "pick" menu determines their starting position.

This should work regardless of what ROM you're using, but the one I did the most testing on was the ROM version.

So it works with the translation patch then? Would this be likely to work with any future translation patches? Also, this is SO awesome.

So it works with the translation patch then? Would this be likely to work with any future translation patches? Also, this is SO awesome.

I did test it on both a translated and untranslated ROM.

I can't promise 100%it will work with future translations since I don't know what the translators will be doing with free space, but it's possible.

Edited by #RR shinpichu

• 1 year later...

>Looking in fan projects

>Finds this

>squee

....THANK YOU! Seriously, this is the one thing that bugs me the most about this game. Now I can replay this game without tearing my hair out.

What did you have to edit in order for this to work?