Are they even working on this game?

I'm sure that Atlus has several game development teams working on different things at the same time. As for IS, they aren't actually making this game, instead they are acting in an advisory/supervisory capacity.

I wish Atlus would talk already though, I wanna know more! And if Amiibos will be compatible. ^^

Sorry, I'm kind of obsessed with the little figures. lol I love collecting cool gaming merchandise for my favorite games. :3

Edited by Anacybele

It wouldn't suprise me if they still are. I mean it is possible for studios to do multiple things at once and its not like CoE was a huge title or AAA release. I'm more concerned about whether it got ghost canceled. Yes Atlus is quiet but hell not even so much as a picture in 2 years now? We don't even know what kind of game it is.

if the teams are split, does that mean the quality of each product will be decreased?

not really. Look at the year of 2004 at Intelligent's System game releases.

Paper Mario TTYD, Fire Emblem Sacred Stones, Wario Ware Twisted, Wario Ware Touched, Advance Wars 2.

Not to mention the year after they had Fire Emblem Path of Radiance, Advance Wars DS. All of these are probably different teams working on them in under one company.

You can have a game where over hundreds of developers worked on it only for it to be mediocre. Example Resident Evil 6.

Edited by kingddd

if the teams are split, does that mean the quality of each product will be decreased?

Atlus has different teams dedicated to specific kinds of projects (P-Studio for Persona, etc.) and that is how the company in general functions. They aren't artificially splitting any existing teams to get more games released and hence sacrifice quality, if that's what you're getting at.

Edited by Topazd

Typically companies decide allocations and resources before hand and have their specific teams or studios work on one project at a time (like Topazd said). Nintendo does this alot with people like Namco, Retro and so on.

Citizens of Earth is published by Atlus. Atlus is pretty big they have multiple development teams. Currently they only have one major game that isn't also being worked on by (at least in part) another company and that's Persona 5.