Favorite Elibe ultimate magic?

sumerian99

Legendary magic tomes of Elibe.  

36 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite legendary magic in Elibe?

I always thought that the legendary magic tomes of Elibe looked freakin' awesome.

Those weapons were held by Legends. The weight of history resides within them. Using them is a sacred, exceptional act (which is why this music the music that accompanies them in FE7 is so appropriate).

The best is seeing Athos use Forblaze in the final chapter of FE7, the tome he used during the Scouring. You're witnessing one of the 8 legendary heroes use his mastery of magic one last time in order to help a new generation of heroes save the day. He exhausted himself using this power at his age, but damn was he inspiring by doing so.
Apocalypse required Brammimond to completely erase his own personality.
As for Aureola, I have no idea what kind of skill, power or will was needed by Elimine to use it, but it must've been pretty demanding.
So which of the tomes is your favorite and why?

Hmm... twisting fiery tornado of explosions, giant fucking heavenly meteor from the sky, or demonic seal that unleashes Satan? I'll go with #2.

Comparing the FE6/7 magic legendaries to any other game in the franschise, but especially the later 3D games, leaves me feeling very dissatisfied with how the animation quality has degraded every game. Not we have FE13 where every fucking spell is the same generic circle blob attack. They couldn't mix it up even a little? FE14 had better have some cool new spells.

The Naga and Valflame spells are alright in FE13, but still do not convey the same ''legendary'' feeling as the Elibe legendary magic tomes. They lack weight and presence. And the other spells are bleh.

FE10's Rexaura, Rexflame, Rexbolt, Rexcalibur and Balberith however are on par with the GBA legendary tomes. They convey the feeling of ''we're a big deal'' when cast.

Why here?

I'll go with Forblaze, because <3 Anima, mainly.

I feel like Elibe, Jugdral, and Magvel did the best with the legendary weapons, period. They actually have a legend asociated with them, unlike, say, Tellius where they just... exist.

They're all cool as hell but I think I'm gonna go with Apocalypse because I'm borderline in love with Dark magic.

FE10's legendaries weren't really "legendary", but they still looked cool when you casted them.

EDIT: I just broke a 3 way tie. All 3 of them had 3 votes, but now Apocalypse is winning with 4.

Edited by Draco

Hmm... twisting fiery tornado of explosions, giant fucking heavenly meteor from the sky, or demonic seal that unleashes Satan? I'll go with #2.

Comparing the FE6/7 magic legendaries to any other game in the franschise, but especially the later 3D games, leaves me feeling very dissatisfied with how the animation quality has degraded every game. Not we have FE13 where every fucking spell is the same generic circle blob attack. They couldn't mix it up even a little? FE14 had better have some cool new spells.

Dude RD top tier spells had fucking sick animations. FE13 sucked hard though.

Edit: oh and my vote goes to Forblaze.

Edited by Ownagepuffs

Aureola is totally my favorite. "Fwooooosh... Shiiiiiiiiiing... Peeeeeww BOOOOOOOOOM"

The buildup it has is dramatic but not excessive like apocalypse, but it seems so harmless at first and then KABOOM everything explodes and dies.

Tbh I liked all of FE10's spell animations. And largely because they took advantage of their new 3D medium and utilized the power of a dynamic camera. Many of them don't seem AS powerful if the camera is fixed. The only thing I liked about the spells in FE13 was the basic fire/thunder/wind magic, though I thought it felt most fitting for Fire. Something about the way how they start slow on release and then launch themselves at the enemy feels unusually satisfying, unlike GBA basic magics where it's just *swing, thing hits you* and stuff.

My favorite spell animations in the 2D plane are undeniably from Shadow Dragon/New Mystery though. I just wish we had the full magical trinity instead of a mismatch of spells... Then again at least on the other hand having no triangle means it could have unusual stuff, like er, Swarm... but I don't know how I feel about that one. <.<

Aureloa can't be beaten. That tweeting hum, the narrowing light, the pitch change, the lone falling sparkle then...BOOM, heaven-pocalypse. Aureola is probably what doomsday'd look like if God changed his mind on the whole fire and brimstone deal.

Edited by Inference

Of those three, I like prefer Aureola. Nergal got nothin' on that. But honestly, of all the S-rank or otherwise "ultimate" (should've called them legendary) light magic in GBA FE, my absolute favorite is Luce. You're more or less launching a supernova at the enemy. That snazzy 25 base crit certainly helps. Suddenly enemies fading away into oblivion when they die makes sense......