FE8 Skill Ideas?

Brendor

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey folks. Recently I've been adding procing skills to FE8 like Adept and Vengeance, but I want to see if you guys have any cool ideas for a new skill or maybe a twist on an old one or something.

I've a handful of ideas for new skills you could use:

• FE10 Sacrifice (the user gives his/her own HP to heal an ally)
  • Soul Eater (the user gives his/her own HP to boost attack power by 1.5x the regular amount)
  • Bless-Boon (a combination of FE9's Blessing and Boon skills; all allies adjacent to the user regain 25% of their maximum HP and have all conditions removed at the start of each turn)
  • Rewarp (similar effect to the Rewarp staff in FE5 and FE10; the user can teleport him/herself to any tile that s/he could normally move through within (Mag/2) range)
  • Passage (the user can move through enemy units just as s/he can move through allied/NPC units)
  • Dive (the user leaves on the current turn and deals damage to any enemy unit on the map on the following turn)
  • Strafe (the user can move again after attacking)
  • Preparedness (the user switches from a bow to a melee weapon if s/he is attacked at melee, is equipped with a bow at the time, and has a melee weapon in his/her inventory)
  • FE9 Discipline (the user deals reduced damage on selection)
  • Re-Move (the user has a [speed]% chance to move a second time after having already moved)
  • Lucky Break (the user has [Luck]% chance to receive doubled level-up gains; e.g., on level up, the user gains +2 to HP, Spd, Def, and Res, as opposed to simply receiving +1 to those stats)
  • Empower (allows magic users to use tomes at (Mag/2) range) [excluding Siege tomes, such as Bolting]
  • Vibration (deals magical damage to all units on the map on selection, regardless of whether they are friend or foe) [akin to the Geosphere's use effect of FE1/3B1/11, or FE2's Earthquake]
  • Precipitation (allows the user to summon weather effects on selection depending on the map the player is on, such as rain in woodlands, sandstorms in deserts, or snow/blizzards in mountains)
  • Armageddon (kills all units except for the user) [inspired by the Armageddon spell in the Ultima series of RPGs, but probably workable as a joke skill]

I hope that these ideas are palatable, at the very least.

Nulify Savior FE5 Wrath

Vantage

FE4 Big shield to troll people

SwordSkills

Flare

Armsthrift

Miracle

Paragorn

Renewal

In order:

-easy

-maybe

-did it

-on my to-do list

-done

-dunno what sword skills mean

-done

-kind of ish done

-thinking about it

-should be easy

-done

I've a handful of ideas for new skills you could use:

• FE10 Sacrifice (the user gives his/her own HP to heal an ally)
  • Soul Eater (the user gives his/her own HP to boost attack power by 1.5x the regular amount)
  • Bless-Boon (a combination of FE9's Blessing and Boon skills; all allies adjacent to the user regain 25% of their maximum HP and have all conditions removed at the start of each turn)
  • Rewarp (similar effect to the Rewarp staff in FE5 and FE10; the user can teleport him/herself to any tile that s/he could normally move through within (Mag/2) range)
  • Passage (the user can move through enemy units just as s/he can move through allied/NPC units)
  • Dive (the user leaves on the current turn and deals damage to any enemy unit on the map on the following turn)
  • Strafe (the user can move again after attacking)
  • Preparedness (the user switches from a bow to a melee weapon if s/he is attacked at melee, is equipped with a bow at the time, and has a melee weapon in his/her inventory)
  • FE9 Discipline (the user deals reduced damage on selection)
  • Re-Move (the user has a [speed]% chance to move a second time after having already moved)
  • Lucky Break (the user has [Luck]% chance to receive doubled level-up gains; e.g., on level up, the user gains +2 to HP, Spd, Def, and Res, as opposed to simply receiving +1 to those stats)
  • Empower (allows magic users to use tomes at (Mag/2) range) [excluding Siege tomes, such as Bolting]
  • Vibration (deals magical damage to all units on the map on selection, regardless of whether they are friend or foe) [akin to the Geosphere's use effect of FE1/3B1/11, or FE2's Earthquake]
  • Precipitation (allows the user to summon weather effects on selection depending on the map the player is on, such as rain in woodlands, sandstorms in deserts, or snow/blizzards in mountains)
  • Armageddon (kills all units except for the user) [inspired by the Armageddon spell in the Ultima series of RPGs, but probably workable as a joke skill]

I hope that these ideas are palatable, at the very least.

also in order:

-wouldn't be so bad except unit menu options are a bitch

-same as above

-probably wouldn't be too bad; the animations might be a bitch tho

-again, unit options are a bitch, otherwise I think I can just copy Warp's code

-might be possible, might be a bitch

-your description confuses me

-like galeforce or canto?

-ehh maybe

-i think you mean flourish which is another unit menu option

-like galeforce or canto?

-this idea i actually really like and wouldn't be difficult to pull off

-maybe? I never tried it myself, but i hear messing with the range like that causes a lot of glitches

-again, unit menu options

-that's kinda nifty. I had a thought about doing this via staves at one point, but maybe

-lol I'll get right on that

TBH, what I wanna see is a hack that makes HP gaining, such as via skills, weapons, etc in battle actually show the HP gain. Currently only Nosferatu does it. There has to be a way to make it not glitch when you set a random weapon or tome to drain HP that isn't Nosferatu.

TBH, what I wanna see is a hack that makes HP gaining, such as via skills, weapons, etc in battle actually show the HP gain. Currently only Nosferatu does it. There has to be a way to make it not glitch when you set a random weapon or tome to drain HP that isn't Nosferatu.

this is my pet project

If unit menu options are as difficult as you claim, then I'll not suggest any more unit option-dependent skills.

In the meantime, I have a few more possibly workable ideas:

Activation-rate:

• Healshift ([Luck]% chance to convert damage received into healing the bearer's HP)
  • Odor ([skill]% chance to inflict poison, silence, and sleep on the opponent simultaneously if the bearer's attack successfully connects)
  • Burst ([Mag]% chance for a tome to also deal damage to enemy units adjacent to the targeted opponent)
  • Alpha Strike ([Level]% to convert a standard attack into a special attack that deals damage equal to the sum of the bearer's current attributes [HP, Str, Skl, Spd, Luck, Def, and Res], divided by two)
  • Charge ([spd]% chance to begin a second round of combat with the opponent, up to a maximum of five rounds)

Passive:

• FE9 Blossom (the bearer receives only half of the normal EXP gain, in exchange for +15% to his/her growth rates)
  • Entrench (all allies within 3 panels of the bearer receive double their normal Defense and Resistance) [or give them a fixed bonus, such as +5 or +13 to both)
  • Better Criticals (the bearer's critical hits now deal five times the amount of damage vs. three times for a standard critical hit)
  • Resonance (the bearer and the opponent will receive double stats in battle if their current levels are a match and both combatants are the same tier; e.g., a level 8 Mercenary and a level 8 Fighter will trigger the skill, while a level 5 Myrmidon and a level 1 Paladin will not)
  • Poison Gas (all opponents within 3 panels of the bearer receive ten points of damage for each turn they spend within the aforementioned range)
  • Aura of Thorns (the opponent takes 5 points of damage for each successful strike on the bearer)

What Klok said. Otherwise;

Activation-rate:

• Healshift ([Luck]% chance to convert damage received into healing the bearer's HP)

tried something like this, but it could be really glitchy

• Burst ([Mag]% chance for a tome to also deal damage to enemy units adjacent to the targeted opponent)

maybe. might me tricky also.

• Alpha Strike ([Level]% to convert a standard attack into a special attack that deals damage equal to the sum of the bearer's current attributes [HP, Str, Skl, Spd, Luck, Def, and Res], divided by two)

possible but seems too OP. Maybe divided by 3?

• Charge ([spd]% chance to begin a second round of combat with the opponent, up to a maximum of five rounds)

possible

Passive:

• FE9 Blossom (the bearer receives only half of the normal EXP gain, in exchange for +15% to his/her growth rates)

easy-ish? If I'm rigging the exp gain routine already for Elite I guess this isn't much farther away

• Entrench (all allies within 3 panels of the bearer receive double their normal Defense and Resistance) [or give them a fixed bonus, such as +5 or +13 to both)

I guess but seems like two much of a boost

• Better Criticals (the bearer's critical hits now deal five times the amount of damage vs. three times for a standard critical hit)

I like Fallout 3's Better Criticals more which in FE would be; damage = (damage*3)*1.5

• Resonance (the bearer and the opponent will receive double stats in battle if their current levels are a match and both combatants are the same tier; e.g., a level 8 Mercenary and a level 8 Fighter will trigger the skill, while a level 5 Myrmidon and a level 1 Paladin will not)

whats with all these OP skills. It's probably tricky anyway

• Poison Gas (all opponents within 3 panels of the bearer receive ten points of damage for each turn they spend within the aforementioned range)

possible if I can figure out lava tiles

• Aura of Thorns (the opponent takes 5 points of damage for each successful strike on the bearer)

like immediate damage? maybe I could finnagle a devil axe type thing

New Skill

Sigurd -100% Activation rate 9999+Str 99999+Def and res immortality and Being god in general

I have nothing ill give more ideas later

Edited by TTPK_Tal

lemme just make a skill that resets the game if the unit is hit

klok would probably loooove that

no pls no, dun make the game reset if meh pretty seth is hit

I should probably debug the green patch

maybe we can finally figure out how to mod the weapon rank screen

Edited by RandomSwordmaster

would you mind elaborating on that?

oh, shit, i forgot i made a post here and didn't check for a response. sorry.

what i meant is that FE5 wrath wouldn't be broken as long as it works like it actually does in FE5, i.e., only when the user is attacked first, and only on the user's first counter attack.

i think some people believe FE5 wrath to be broken because they've seen how it works, but although it's a strong skill, it's not broken. it gives amazing enemy phase offense, but it doesn't help the user's defensive parameters, and if the wrath hit misses, then it's not doing anything. it is kind of broken in specific combos (namely, ones with nosferatu), though.

you're also at liberty to alter the strength of the skill as you see fit. for example, instead of making the wrath hit a critical, you can just make it always do 2x damage, or double the user's str, or something like that.

EDIT: also, if you're interested in wrath variants, consider looking into TRS's life or death skill.

Edited by dondon151

only when the user is attacked first, and only on the user's first counter attack.

I thought it was all counter attacks if the unit was attacked?

I thought it was all counter attacks if the unit was attacked?

no, i'm fairly sure it's only the first counter attack (two in the case of a brave weapon). it might seem like all counter attacks because the most frequent user of wrath, orsin, has 3 PCC and is often using a 30 crit pugi.

Maybe a few skills that will add/change a magical weakness for a few turns, similar to a status effect. Blindness could also be a neat skill to have, lowering enemy accuracy for a few turns.

thats more status effect than skill though

no, i'm fairly sure it's only the first counter attack (two in the case of a brave weapon). it might seem like all counter attacks because the most frequent user of wrath, orsin, has 3 PCC and is often using a 30 crit pugi.

ahh well that might prove annoying if I code it that way