help with FEEditor ADV

MCProductions

Okay, I decided to start rom hacking cause it seemed fun but FEditor will not boot

I found the executable jar file file after unzipping it but I got this error message

Could not find the main class: FEditorAdvance.App. Program will exit.

So according to this, I don't even have the editor if I'm reading it right but that is kinda bullcrap cause I downloaded 3 times from 3 differnt sites in a attempt to slove this problem.

Am I doing something wrong

P.S. What are the limitations of just using Nightmare Modules

Edited by randomsonicvideos123

Did you extract the entire folder or just the jar? You need to extract the entire folder.

Limitations of Nightmare modules only: you're limited to basically just changing a few numbers here and there and portrait swaps and modifying (some) inventories.

Edited by Agro

Yes I extaracted the entire file, and I still get the same error massage

so basically nightmare is only good for say rebalanceing FE 6 and not say making Elibean Nights with the paired endings I got in FE7.

And I checked, my computer has all proper specifications and everything is unzipped. As I would like to do more than rebalenceing hacks, FEditor's failure to boot whatsoever is REALLY getting on my nerves. If anyone has a solution, I would sure be appreciative.

Edited by randomsonicvideos123

i can think of a few possibilities

1 - the download got corrupted and "FEditor.App" can't be read somehow. this is almost impossible

2 - your version of java is incompatible with that of FEditor. solve is to either reinstall java (i don't know what version the build you're using was compiled on, nor do i know how to check) or to recompile FEditor from source on your computer. you can confirm whether this is the problem by opening up a cmd prompt (or terminal, if you're on a mac - somehow i doubt that you're using linux) and running the jar file from there (the command is java -jar ./FEditor.jar) and seeing if the error involves "ClassLoader" or something

3 - hextator (or whoever gave you the app) changed the name of the main class, recompiled from source and forgot to update the manifest. this is also somewhat impossible unless you somehow received a mod of feditor from a third party