GhastStation plays RADIANT DAWN [1-3!]

ghast

It's my favorite videogame ever so I will keep an eye on that.

Biorhythm is an effect, which influences the hit / evasion of a character.

It's represented in a flowchart. It changes after a few turns (in some cases after each turn). Each character has an own biorhythm flowchart.

The biorhythm is divided in five phases:

• best + 10% hit / evasion
  • good + 5 hit / evasion
  • normal
  • bad - 5 % hit / evasion
  • worst - 10 % hit / evasion

However some chacters haven't best and worst biorhythm.

It's my favorite videogame ever so I will keep an eye on that.

Biorhythm is an effect, which influences the hit / evasion of a character.

It's represented in a flowchart. It changes after a few turns (in some cases after each turn). Each character has an own biorhythm flowchart.

The biorhythm is divided in five phases:

• best + 10% hit / evasion
  • good + 5 hit / evasion
  • normal
  • bad - 5 % hit / evasion
  • worst - 10 % hit / evasion

However some chacters haven't best and worst biorhythm.

That's all it does? What a bunch of bullcrap, so useless. If I were gonna put that in my own game, I'd make it do much more.

Best: +10% hit/evasion, +5% crit, +1 all stats, +10% growths, +20% faster EXP gain.

Good: +5% hit/evasion, +5% all growths, +10% faster EXP gain.

Normal: None

Bad: -5% hit/evasion, -5% all growths, -10% EXP gain.

Worst: -10% hit/evasion, -5% crit, -1 all stats, -10% growths, -20% EXP gain.

I would base it not on randomly fluctuating turns, but on how leveled up a unit is compared to the rest of your army. Prepromotes would have less strict restrictions. The idea being that your underleveled units get big buffs and boosts, while overleveled units get nerfed to incentivise army diversity. Towards the endgame though, most bad/worst units would go to Normal status, as the restrictions would be based on how far along in the game you are.

That's all it does? What a bunch of bullcrap, so useless. If I were gonna put that in my own game, I'd make it do much more.

Best: +10% hit/evasion, +5% crit, +1 all stats, +10% growths, +20% faster EXP gain.

Good: +5% hit/evasion, +5% all growths, +10% faster EXP gain.

Normal: None

Bad: -5% hit/evasion, -5% all growths, -10% EXP gain.

Worst: -10% hit/evasion, -5% crit, -1 all stats, -10% growths, -20% EXP gain.

I would base it not on randomly fluctuating turns, but on how leveled up a unit is compared to the rest of your army. Prepromotes would have less strict restrictions. The idea being that your underleveled units get big buffs and boosts, while overleveled units get nerfed to incentivise army diversity. Towards the endgame though, most bad/worst units would go to Normal status, as the restrictions would be based on how far along in the game you are.

Tbh when I played FE10 the first time I even thought that the biorhythm also influenced the level up.

Actually it doesn't sound too bad, though I despise the biorhythm in the Tellius series (also exists in 9).

Especially in FE10 since the effect is doubled and there's no weapon triangle on hard mode.

So in hard mode it's even more important, which really sucks.

You always have to attack with units, who have good biorhythm. Annoying!

It can even happen that in a player's turn EVERYONE's biorhythm is bad / worst so you're totally screwed.

You always have to attack with units, who have good biorhythm. Annoying!

It can even happen that in a player's turn EVERYONE's biorhythm is bad / worst so you're totally screwed.

Exactly. This is why I'd make it based on a unit's relative power compared to the rest of the army. Basing it on random turns only makes it a frustrating thing you have to constantly check.

I see you play normal mode for the first time so a few things:

• You can check out the enemy range (though have no idea which button on emulator / 2 in the Wii game).
  • NEVER put Leonardo, Micaiah and especially Laura in any attack ranges; Laura will be one shotted and doubled by EVERYTHING in earlygame.
  • Sothe is basically the non mounted "Jagen": Second tier! Only use him for weaking the enemies and stealing. Great unit in earlygame, terrible in lategame.
  • Leonardo is indeed a very mediocre archer growthwise.
  • Edward and Nolan are very good units. I highly recommend to use them.
  • Don't expect Micaiah will double much. Her speed growth is 35% and she's a walking target. Though she's forced so you have to use her. She has an autopromotion after part 1. She has great magic, luck and resistance, but her other stats are typical for a mage.
  • Fiona is an unit, who joins underleveled with very poor base stats. Not a good unit to use on normal mode for a first time player.

FE10 is divided in three groups.

The first group with the main character Micaiah is the group with the hardest chapters, because she's a very fragile and sort of slow lord. Even the other units except for Sothe and Nolan can't take more than one hit. You have to take care of all your units.

I'll warn you already: The next chapter will be by far more difficult than this one.

Even easy mode can kick your ass for a blind player.

Are these tips ok or shall I put them as a spoiler next time?

Edited by Mister IceTeaPeach

Since this is NM, Leo can actually be useful. He'll always suck in part 1 , but if you train him anyway, he'll be useful afterwards. Without giving too much away, someone who can do double chip damage will be handy.

• You can check out the enemy range (though have no idea which button on emulator / 2 in the Wii game).
  • NEVER put Leonardo, Micaiah and especially Laura in any attack ranges; Laura will be one shotted and doubled by EVERYTHING in earlygame.
  • Sothe is basically the non mounted "Jagen": Second tier! Only use him for weaking the enemies and stealing. Great unit in earlygame, terrible in lategame.
  • Don't expect Micaiah will double much. Her speed growth is 35% and she's a walking target. Though she's forced so you have to use her. She has an autopromotion after part 1. She has great magic, luck and resistance, but her other stats are typical for a mage.
  • Fiona is an unit, who joins underleveled with very poor base stats. Not a good unit to use on normal mode for a first time player.

The first group with the main character Micaiah is the group with the hardest chapters, because she's a very fragile and sort of slow lord. Even the other units except for Sothe and Nolan can't take more than one hit. You have to take care of all your units.

I'll warn you already: The next chapter will be by far more difficult than this one.

just played 1-3 it wasn't too bad actually! if they are story spoilers then yeah i'd prefer if you put spoiler tags, thanks!

Since this is NM, Leo can actually be useful. He'll always suck in part 1 , but if you train him anyway, he'll be useful afterwards. Without giving too much away, someone who can do double chip damage will be handy.

i need him to start doubling otherwise he's off to the bench haha

just played 1-3 it wasn't too bad actually! if they are story spoilers then yeah i'd prefer if you put spoiler tags, thanks!

i need him to start doubling otherwise he's off to the bench haha

Edward is an amazing unit in Normal and easy as he can double reliably

Hard is another thing he is kinda ok I guess

Btw 2 chapters later you are gonna be interduced to the worst unit in fire emblem history

Edited by TTPK_Tal

Taninator knows the exact stats way better than I do, but he just needs to get his speed to a certain level and then his prf bow will take care of the rest.

hmm...

Edward is an amazing unit in Normal and easy as he can double reliably

Hard is another thing he is kinda ok I guess

Btw 2 chapters later you are gonna be interduced to the worst unit in fire emblem history

IM HYPED FOR 1-4!!!! uploading 1-3 within tomorrow maybe? idk.

1-3 is one of the harder Dawn Brigade chapters for me mainly in hard mode:

Lots of enemies in a relative small area and some waves of reinforcements from everywhere.

You have to clean the left side including boss pretty fast before the reinforcements will appear.

I never have send my units to the right side yet because of the annoying and powerful steel bow archers.

09:11 That's the problem of Micky:

She will be oneshotted at least in earlygame. As I said in the last episode: Never put her in any attack ranges!

That's the reason, why FE10 is harder than FE9: The mainlord is no physical unit.

Micaiah is very powerful, but she's FRAGILE and sort of slow.

You have to take care about her in EACH chapter during the entire game.

15:05 This archer is FAIL!

He NEVER attacks you unless you put an unit in his 2 attack range.

Archers belong to the scariest and most powerful enemies in this game.

Unlike in most other FE games, they do NOT suck!

They're powerful, fast and have a pretty damn high hitrate.

18:05 Discipline isn't the most important skill in the game.

Though it's nice to have among others for Aran to increase his weapon level that he can use steel lances very soon.

You can get another discipline scroll in part 2.

18:42 Nephenee in FE9 also had wrath.

Though it's nerfed in this game, because it only is activated, if an unit has <=30% HP (50% in FE9).

Unfortunately Ilyana isn't as good as in FE9 because thundermagic in FE10 is the weakest magic type besides light. And it's still inaccurate.

However it's effective against draco knights now instead of wind magic.

In this escape mission you get for each fleeing unit bonus experience.

If Micaiah had escaped last, you would have got more.

You actually did a pretty good job, although you were a little bit lucky in some situations.

When I played this chapter the first time (on easy mode) I almost retired this game and the entire series, because Micaiah and Laura died so often.

Next chapter is a semi-desert map.

There are three hidden treasures:

Edited by Mister IceTeaPeach

Other than Beastfoe, be sure to get every Beastslayer you can buy from Aimee. Have at least 2 and Sothe's utility later on will be much improved. And trust me, if your DB units turn out bad(my Edward did and I had some trouble for that) Sothe and his Beastkiller will be a huge help. Aimee also sells Arms Scrolls every now and then, so be sure to get a pair, they're useful.

Laura can turn into a much better version of Micaiah if you train her. As soon as you get Paragon(x2 EXP), stick it to her and abuse staves. Since they give fixed exp, getting to Lv 10 shouldn't too difficult. Once you get to that level, just promote Laura with a Master Seal. Getting her to Lv 20 isn't worth the trouble. Also give her an Angelic Robe(you'll get one in a few chapters). Laura has pitiful growths in defences(20% Def, 35% Res) but she's far better than Micaiah because she has 70% growth in Mag, Skl and Spd. Micaiah is powerful and has Thani, but Laura can double and can promote whenever you want. Having a reliable mage that can actually kill enemies is really helpful after Part 1.

1-3 is one of the harder Dawn Brigade chapters for me mainly in hard mode:

Lots of enemies in a relative small area and some waves of reinforcements from everywhere.

You have to clean the left side including boss pretty fast before the reinforcements will appear.

I never have send my units to the right side yet because of the annoying and powerful steel bow archers.

yeah holy cow they are tough

09:11 That's the problem of Micky:

She will be oneshotted at least in earlygame. As I said in the last episode: Never put her in any attack ranges!

That's the reason, why FE10 is harder than FE9: The mainlord is no physical unit.

but... I like being bad at the game

Micaiah is very powerful, but she's FRAGILE and sort of slow.

You have to take care about her in EACH chapter during the entire game.

15:05 This archer is FAIL!

He NEVER attacks you unless you put an unit in his 2 attack range.

Archers belong to the scariest and most powerful enemies in this game.

Unlike in most other FE games, they do NOT suck!

They're powerful, fast and have a pretty damn high hitrate.

yeah that was a shocker xD

18:05 Discipline isn't the most important skill in the game.

Though it's nice to have among others for Aran to increase his weapon level that he can use steel lances very soon.

You can get another discipline scroll in part 2.

18:42 Nephenee in FE9 also had wrath.

Though it's nerfed in this game, because it only is activated, if an unit has <=30% HP (50% in FE9).

Unfortunately Ilyana isn't as good as in FE9 because thundermagic in FE10 is the weakest magic type besides light. And it's still inaccurate.

However it's effective against draco knights now instead of wind magic.

curse you IS!!!

In this escape mission you get for each fleeing unit bonus experience.

If Micaiah had escaped last, you would have got more.

You actually did a pretty good job, although you were a little bit lucky in some situations.

When I played this chapter the first time (on easy mode) I almost retired this game and the entire series, because Micaiah and Laura died so often.

Next chapter is a semi-desert map.

There are three hidden treasures:

thanks for the tips! I'm about to play 1-4

Other than Beastfoe, be sure to get every Beastslayer you can buy from Aimee. Have at least 2 and Sothe's utility later on will be much improved. And trust me, if your DB units turn out bad(my Edward did and I had some trouble for that) Sothe and his Beastkiller will be a huge help. Aimee also sells Arms Scrolls every now and then, so be sure to get a pair, they're useful.

thanks bud!

Laura can turn into a much better version of Micaiah if you train her. As soon as you get Paragon(x2 EXP), stick it to her and abuse staves. Since they give fixed exp, getting to Lv 10 shouldn't too difficult. Once you get to that level, just promote Laura with a Master Seal. Getting her to Lv 20 isn't worth the trouble. Also give her an Angelic Robe(you'll get one in a few chapters). Laura has pitiful growths in defences(20% Def, 35% Res) but she's far better than Micaiah because she has 70% growth in Mag, Skl and Spd. Micaiah is powerful and has Thani, but Laura can double and can promote whenever you want. Having a reliable mage that can actually kill enemies is really helpful after Part 1.

good advice! though i hope my micky keeps getting meta level ups!