Best Trueblade?

Trueblades   

141 members have voted

1. 1. Best?

In doing Mia/Boyd, however, you risk missing out on a free Spirit Dust, though.

Is a Spirit Dust really something that you'd miss, though??

They kinda fell off a cliff after at earliest FE6 (where Swordmasters practically broke the game in half). They weren't bad in 7 or 8 because Avoid skyrockets fast, but by 9 they really started struggling. In FE10, the biggest problem Eddie faces is poor bases then becomes the best of them after his growths kick in. Zihark and Mia need less effort but turn out worse overall.

Of course, the worst game for them was FE11. No 2 range, no crit boost, low Str and Def and Avoid nerfed to high hell.

Agreed.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Afaik Ike x Shinon is a pretty popular support combo. They have the same movement and will both often be used against bosses, especially in endgame. Mia can support Boyd which gives her a better bonus on strength.

i don't know why this is popular if that's really the case. ike and shinon have one of the slowest supports in this game. it usually takes an extra chapter for them to build a rank depending on playstyle.

Of course, the worst game for them was FE11. No 2 range, no crit boost, low Str and Def and Avoid nerfed to high hell.

SMs are good in FE11. they are the one of the best options for defeating manakete bosses and any guy in class set A can reclass to them for free wyrmslayer access.

Is a Spirit Dust really something that you'd miss, though??

Agreed.

It's either free cash or an extra two points of Mgc

SMs were terrible in FE11 for the reasons I stated. Avoid isn't nearly as reliable and their Str sucks.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

SMs were not terrible in FE11 for the reasons i stated. they were the best manakete bosskillers because of wyrmslayer access, high base spd, and base C rank swords. they also had the highest mov of any infantry class.

we can go all day with this. one of these two opinions is more relevant based on context (hint: it's mine).

the worst game for them was FE11.

Swordmasters are situationally good in FE11 which is frankly a lot more than you can say about Swordmasters in games like FE7 where they're pretty much just bad. Guy offers nothing of value compared to Raven, Karel has nothing of value compared to Harken, etc.

There's also the amusing Merric/Lena with spirit dusts dumped into them @ Levin Sword, which becomes more useful in FE12 admittedly but is still actually kind of good in FE11.

Edited by Irysa

Isn't the whole selling point of TB's their massive speed and having 2 SS weapons?

I'd say that Zihark's the most useful overall. He comes in a team that needs all the help they can get, has earth affinity, and isn't a bad investment AND he's got decent bases.

Well, he also gets earthxearth support with Nolan and Volug, which is nice.

Mia's the one with access to the most resources, but it's the GM's. You get tons of shit to help her out. Supports, resources, forges, and whatnot. But then again, she gets no 2 range with the exception of incredibly rare storm swords/tempest blades and weakass wind edges. But her main selling point is being able to consistently double things in p3 and p4. Also, she's got a decent enough defense growth.

Edward's got the best potential, but his bases are kinda mediocre in HM. He requires like +1 AS for every chapter in p1 to keep doubling. Caladbolg is a good weapon, but Edward is just kinda risky to use in HM unless you put absolute trust in those growths.

Stefan's unfuckable. Just throw a few goddess icons and you've got a solid endgame filler unit.

Lucia's valuable in one chapter in p2, and kinda shitty when she returns. Usable, but not really worth the investment by the time p4 rolls around.

Personally, when I want to raise a TB, I go with Zihark or Mia.

Edward: Great availability. Part 1, 3, 4 and Endgame. One of the potential units to throw experience towards in part 1 after Nolan/Jill. However, I recall having difficulty pulling necessary stats to use in HM to effectiveness.

Zihark: Less availability, but less screw-able due to growths. Otherwise, Edward with less luck gain, bad strength growth, but higher resistance.

Lucia: Terrible availability. Done.

Mia: Similar accessibility due to part three being all about the Greil mercenaries. Possibility to train, but is not spectacular at first chapter.

Stefan: Worse availability than Lucia, but comes with the stats sub-par as filler.

Mia > Edard/Zihark > Stefan/Lucia

Swordmasters are situationally good in FE11 which is frankly a lot more than you can say about Swordmasters in games like FE7 where they're pretty much just bad. Guy offers nothing of value compared to Raven, Karel has nothing of value compared to Harken, etc.

Personally, I think they got hit harder in FE8 than they did in FE7. For instance, I like Joshy boy as a character, but I can admit that he's mediocre as a unit.

It's either free cash or an extra two points of Mgc

Okay, but honestly? I'm willing to fork over 8 grand for a Spirit Dust, I'm willing to stall for one, but setting up a support that involves a unit that I don't bother with? No deal.

boyd and mist get free deployment in 3-P through 3-2, which is essentially a free support level. he can carry her in a corner for all of 3-7, which is another support level.

getting boyd and mist to A rank by 3-E is pretty easy. you're not using all of your unit slots, especially before 3-7. just deploy them and hide one or both in a corner for the free support points.

boyd and mist get free deployment in 3-P through 3-2, which is essentially a free support level. he can carry her in a corner for all of 3-7, which is another support level.

getting boyd and mist to A rank by 3-E is pretty easy. you're not using all of your unit slots, especially before 3-7. just deploy them and hide one or both in a corner for the free support points.

I actually use Mist, so it's also very awkward to do - I'm not going to essentially cripple my army further by having my only healer (that I field often) hang back with someone who I don't bother fielding ever again after 3-2.

Edited by Levant Caprice

• 2 weeks later...

As long as deployment slots allow their deployment it shouldn't be too hard to keep Boyd next to Mist. Even if you want Mist to heal, you want her to be out of enemy range, so what's it matter if Boyd chills next to her?

Sheer 20/20/10 or 20/20/20 stats

Eddie But he aint so good in HM he is only the best TB in NM

Zihark is more helpful then mia but worse in sheer stats and aviabillity (you have gods in p3 mia is just decent)

Lucia Lol

Stefan Y U NO DB I WOULD YOU IN DB WITH THOSE STABS YOU COULD BE LIEK THERE WALLACE

Edited by TTPK_Tal

Mia and Zihark. Since it was only a single vote, i put Mia cuz shes around for a lot and does quite a bit. Both are pretty great on their respective teams, and require a bit less effort than Edward. Edwardovich is pretty great, dont get me wrong, but hes more effort. I get why people prefer him though.

Lucia has availability issues and her str is kinda blegh. Stefan might as well not exist.

Mia all around. There is a ridiculous amount of Bexp in NM so she has no problems and she is one of the most consistent HM ORKO units. Stefan has dem bases tho. Too bad he doesn't exist.

I guess Stefan is a failsafe if you failed to train any of your Trueblades. Or you trained only one of them, and you want a second one, since you have two SS swords to bless. Especially in hard mode, where it's hard to train Trueblades outside of Mia and Zihark, and even the latter has bad availability after Part 1.

It's just weird that IS seemed to like the character enough to make him a teacher for Ike and later gave him that poignant base convo with Yune, but they gave him no availability, and his recruitment is just wtf.

Edited by Radiant head

Stefan is my go-to Trueblade #2 because fuck training Eddie and Zihark. His join situation does suck. In PoR he was available for over half the game, it was nuts.

As long as deployment slots allow their deployment it shouldn't be too hard to keep Boyd next to Mist. Even if you want Mist to heal, you want her to be out of enemy range, so what's it matter if Boyd chills next to her?

Because like I said before, Boyd gets a one-way ticket to the bench after 3-2 (after all, I'm not exactly fond of most fighters and warriors)..

I don't even know why Lucy and Stefan are on that list. They have like 0 availability, so comparing them to the other 3 is pretty moot. I still DT Lucy and use her, but w/e. No one cares about her, anyway.

Edward is one of the best of a bad group. Mia is one of the best of a group where half of the units trivialize the game. And that's before Haar even arrives.

When it comes down to it, Eddie saves the DB in the earlygame but is obsolete by the time Zihark joins. Zihark will automatically take priority because everyone wants Earth Avoid, and Eddie can't reliably dodge to keep him in Wrathrange for that long.

Mia, on the other hand, doesn't possess as much uniqueness as Eddie, but she's in a group where she can grow the most, has tons of support options, and is able to take advantage of the heaps of BEXP the GM's receive (even in HM).

Being good in a group of gods >>>>>>> Being great in a group of scrubs