Best Trueblade?

Trueblades   

141 members have voted

1. 1. Best?

I don't even know why Lucy and Stefan are on that list. They have like 0 availability, so comparing them to the other 3 is pretty moot. I still DT Lucy and use her, but w/e. No one cares about her, anyway.

He's actually not that uncomparable. It's kind of difficult to level Zihark to be up to Stefan's bases on hard mode, so it's not a stretch for Stefan to be preferable for endgame.

Edited by Radiant head

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's actually not that uncomparable. It's kind of difficult to level Zihark to be up to Stefan's bases on hard mode, so it's not a stretch for Stefan to be preferable for endgame.

the problem is that A

your generly not bringing trueblades in effeciency

B

stefan doesnt exist

C

No oliver Utility

I think Edward's only weakpoint is part 3.

His affinity doesn't let him to be on the front line unlike Zihark.

Two tigers will kill him and wrath will kill himself.

Even resolve doesn't prevent him by hits.

However I've managed to give him some levels with paragon and attacking the laguz in wrath-zone with range weapons.

A pretty damn good combination for him to get some levels.

In part 4 I send to him to Tibarn's group to benefit from his four authority stars. It helps him a lot.

Zihark is only good in hard mode thanks to his earth affinity.

Compared to Edward his strength and defense growth suck .

Growthwise Edward is the clear winner.

the problem is that A

your generly not bringing trueblades in effeciency

If you only care about efficiency, then you're hardly bringing in any beroc units. But Trueblades have two SS weapons, wrymslayers, and can double auras without white tide so they're far from bad choices for endgame.

Edited by Radiant head

If you only care about efficiency, then you're hardly bringing in any beroc units. But Trueblades have two SS weapons, wrymslayers, and can double auras without white tide so they're far from bad choices for endgame.

If you read C I said

Stefan doesnt exist

because royal stomp

I think Edward's only weakpoint is part 3.

His affinity doesn't let him to be on the front line unlike Zihark.

Two tigers will kill him and wrath will kill himself.

Even resolve doesn't prevent him by hits.

However I've managed to give him some levels with paragon and attacking the laguz in wrath-zone with range weapons.

A pretty damn good combination for him to get some levels.

In part 4 I send to him to Tibarn's group to benefit from his four authority stars. It helps him a lot.

Zihark is only good in hard mode thanks to his earth affinity.

Compared to Edward his strength and defense growth suck .

Growthwise Edward is the clear winner.

WRT growths: I'll given you that Zihark's strength growth isn't so hot compared to Edward's. On the defensive end? Edward's defense growth is a whopping 10% higher.

Edward has way better potential.

Compare for yourself:

Edward

Zihark

Potential means jack shit to me when you're a PITA to work with. And this is coming from someone who's managed to get away with training frigging FIONA.

Edited by Levant Caprice

Man, when was 'way better potential' half a point of str, and like 2 def, both of which you can just make up with BEXP? Res is arguably a better defensive stat in endgame anyway, which Zihark wins in spades. With bexp being a thing, honestly, Zihark/Mia/Edward will all cap their relevant stats. That's why Edward isn't great, since despite being a growth unit who takes more effort, he isn't actually any better in the end.

In EM/NM your unit choice literally doesn't matter you can use anyone and it'll be fine. They're all pretty well equal there. In HM Edward is pretty well obsolete the second you get Nolan. If you're optimistic he remains almost relevant until Sothe, but after that he just doesn't make notable contributions. Most GMs also face notable offense issues on HM since they don't double, that Mia doesn't suffer from due to her high speed. She doesn't ORKO right away, but like, almost no one does, and she can proc things.

Res is arguably a better defensive stat in endgame anyway, which Zihark wins in spades.

Not to mention, Trueblades shouldn't be taking hits to begin with, and Zihark's got that Earth affinity going for him.

Zihark for the endgame? No thanks!

Worked fine in my pt.
Edited by Radiant head

Yeah in normal mode it's no problem, but in hard mode it's a different thing.

In hard mode I don't waste all my rare bexp. to max out Zihark's strength and defense.

Zihark for the endgame? No thanks!

Likewise, I'm not going to bust my ass to work with Edward when all I get out of him for all the trouble is marginal wins in two stats.

How is res more important than def in the endgame?

It's only really relevant against Sephiran and Ashera.

In 4-E you can destroy all the tails in your attack range in turn 1.

And if even then you can place your units on a wardwood space.

Maybe it's BECAUSE of them?

Sleep staves are the most threatening thing in E-1, so res helps against them(and Lekain, for what it's worth)

E-2 no one cares, E-3 white dragons are more dangerous than reds and unless you're a royal, you're not avoiding a 2HKO from Dheg so def only matters to the extent that you don't get one shot(not that TBs are good against Dheg anyway), and then def just doesn't matter against anything past that.

Man, I'm glad I have def against those... E-1 armours? Man, those suuuure are the things I'm worried about.

Maybe it's BECAUSE of them?

In E-1 you can kill the bishop with the sleep stave in turn 1 with pass and a heron.

Same goes for the two long range magic users.

It's also possible to kill Hetzel too with a flier, parity and boots.

The number of white and red dragons and E-3 is equal. Deghinsea is a physical unit.

In E-4 you have some tails and Sephiran, who can be wrecked easily (even in turn 1).

And in E-5 you fight only three enemy tails and Ashera herself. However you'll use your low res. units to attack the auras of course.

Edited by Mister IceTeaPeach

In E-1 you can kill the bishop with the sleep stave in turn 1 with pass and a heron.

Same goes for the two long range magic users.

It's also possible to kill Hetzel too with a flier, parity and boots.

The number of white and red dragons and E-3 is equal. Deghinsea is a physical unit.

In E-4 you have some tails and Sephiran, who can be wrecked easily (even in turn 1).

And in E-5 you fight only three enemy tails and Ashera herself. However you'll use your low res. units to attack the auras of course.

Either way, those are the ones with more potential to be annoying than any of the physical units, pretty much all of which are armors..

The whites are more accurate, and thus more dangerous. As for Dheg, defense doesn't matter much once you have enough to avoid being one-hitted.

Even if they aren't that strong, the damage can add up if they gang up on a low res unit.

The three that start out on the map already get her 25 hit boost, and others come in.

Edited by Levant Caprice

The whites are more accurate, and thus more dangerous.

Double bow can 1RKO and wishblade / vague katti / urvan + dragonfoe can one shot them (except they're on a cover space). You can kill are the white dragons close to you in turn 1 (without getting any damage).

The three that start out on the map already get her 25 hit boost, and others come in.

You should finish her in turn 2 anway so you don't have to focus on the reinforcements.

Edited by Mister IceTeaPeach

Really, now? You couldn't, you know, have your response OUTSIDE the quote box??? :facepalm:

Either way, there's only one Dragonfoe to go around.

As to the second part, maybe that'd only really be feasible if I bring Rafiel, which I don't, and bring in more laguz royals (again, that ain't something I do, more out of personal preference).

You realize that saying that we're rushing endgame is just a point against Edward, since as a growth unit, this /should/ be his time to shine. All of the trueblades aside from Lucia are mostly interchangable in endgame, with Edward taking the most effort to get there, without any real advantage over the others. It's not a difficult prospect.