FE6 ROY'S OUR BOY (Roy + Girls) HM LP

elf_01

To nobody's real surprise, we're going to Ilia, since I've trained both Shanna and Tate quite extensively and Sue's a disgrace (and Shin's male). With that, I present:

[spoiler=Chapter 17I: Icy Ilia Imminent,pt.1]

Disclaimer: This map has no ice. Anyways, there aren't really any secondary objectives on this map. I want to visit the one village for a Tina's Staff, and stock up some at the vendors. Other than that, it's pretty straightforward. There are 2 ballista in the center of the map but they're never particularly threatening, and the chapter gimmick is that a sandbar appears to the North after a while, but I'm not really bothered to take that path...

KYoCOXI.pngj0t9WBw.pngJMTSm2f.png
All my Iron Axes are low, since Wendy's been breaking them all. Also, Roy and Lalum prepare to sell things and shop. I'm never going to use the Divine I think, since Ellen barely fights, and I can't be bothered to chip things for 10 damage per hit with the Light Brand. I'm also terrible at using status staves, so they can go too. I'm deployed such that the fliers, Roy and Lalum head north to the Village/Armory, while everyone else goes East to fight
PtPSBd5.png2pj2ETq.pngy4EaQau.png
Yes, Shanna gets deployed! Her ability to fly over things makes her surprisingly useful in Ilia despite her godawful combat parameters.
ArLvhOx.png
UQ6NZsc.png
T1 formation. Wendy is spearheading (axe-heading?) the south charge as usual.
7rGTA3E.png
Standard 10% Chance of Death engagement is the only interesting occurrence up north.
ruZYpDB.pngyEPpfbK.png
I found this terrifically amusing.
aKctcSo.pngMbaoeyq.png
I forget to equip an axe on Echidna against these cavs, but it's a minor detail
NenYKhV.pngln34bZe.pnga8MtBYA.png
I clear out the enemies to the north, and even Shanna gets a kill!
Ea9m5r5.pngt7LJZy8.png
It's just a fancy heal staff. I think I'll give this to Sophia.
Gd28bEG.pnggZlz64N.png
Sophia is an utter force of destruction by this point, while Wendy is the same solid tank she always is
8oylpLl.png
9j8dMiI.png
T2 deployment is something like this.
mp6TCAj.png
I've been treating Shanna like Tate in positioning, and I'm rudely reminded that she's NOT Tate and can't actually take hits. Luckily she dodges the 42 and doesn't ruin my day
ikWPkAD.pngC7kgH7z.png
Cecilia has taken up Clarine's mantle of disappointment
Wm0dTlw.pngapVbLny.pngA7eQuqU.png
Luckily, I still have competent units
77uRnmJ.pngkPfwCki.pngEJcZ5Nf.png
Everything is just fine down south...
MxC6TzT.png
...while north team prepares to shop. You can see the sandbar location in this screenshot, but I have fliers and don't need no lousy path
ssMquxc.png9gvAHcD.png
Can you say DISAPPOINTMENT? At least she survives while Clarine would have died horribly...I'm probably going to bench her as soon as Niime shows up
lKgnDQz.pngeksh9by.pngjtJq8kf.png
At least my axe users are still doing good. Echidna keeps herself relevant with another decent level.
IS6XjOx.png7VUXoyF.pngixqJcjK.png
Bottom team ready to tank all the ballistae and siege tomes again
ZEaG8sw.pngNOAh6aB.pngFfEkgq6.pnggX60EAS.pngATxvCyg.pngl3OgekF.png
Shopping montage! I stock up on Iron and Hand Axes since Wendy has been going through them at a huge rate, as well as a few killers of each type.
BjuZsNk.png
Meanwhile, Miledy with the Delphi should is going to end those ballistae
7009BHx.png
Shanna/Tate C support, where Tate tries to instruct Shanna on how to be decent...
hUGHTeS.pngFUuOQIT.png
..."Flying is more fun when you have 10 strength and no durability!"
ATVCSA9.png
My thoughts precisely, Tate
GTwzZ0C.png
VISIBLE FIR
aGk3y0U.pngm13Qg59.pngYjgnxfJ.png
Suddenly, my team grows some competence!
jUSS0U6.pngMgv7k48.png
North team is moving to join the rest of my army, while Miledy ends a ballistician
mjFnHrl.pngEkSZwH0.png
Nobody can stand against me right now
nrO3xQx.pngPyuw71U.pngYVgNhHA.png
Fir gets an alright 4-stat while chipping the Purge Bishop (no crit ;_;) and Echidna finishes him with a nice 36 hit
rTXklOy.png
Getting ready to cross the bridge, with Wendy up front to tank any fool who dares to oppose me
s1Q3oJf.pngZITr4oh.png
I would like to point out that this Killer Lance guy crit Wendy. Ouch. 8 more of those and she might die! Miledy also laughs at the pathetic efforts of the other Ballistician
HTFu7dl.pnggIscVDB.png
This is completely irrelevant to me!
YqxLnTO.pnguLuFpXT.png3n3l53N.pngQ13e8K8.pngOisWqYp.png
This is honestly unfair. I think FE6 really needs to stop with the unpromoted enemies at this point, because the late-game just doesn't have the same challenge to it as the first 11 chapters.
drAxez1.pngQ3rOKUB.png
At least some of my units are trying to keep it interesting!
mRkWKGk.pngXy3B9w2.png
Igrene gets cured, but note the positioning faux pas
Q21Oa4v.pngwlYjOMt.pngd1AC79x.png
Sigh. Well, nothing bad really happened
Gd6QVFv.pngvzkzEx7.pngiinIZ7o.png
Revenge has been gotten
75ebBsi.pngPPzXCKs.pngN6RwIyJ.pngP6ZHaEB.png
Yeah, so cavaliers just aren't cutting at this point in the game.
vuFsudn.pngQ3IQ1VI.pngvloXOeG.png
At least there are always enemy phase reinforcements to keep the player on his toes
vLn8RxC.pngSs2EqoI.pngM370q4j.png
Poor Igrene is so sleep deprived...I need her to chip things though

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[spoiler=Chapter 17I: Icy Ilia Imminent, pt.2]

1tenRYb.pngH25pmhc.pngdpNejon.png
oAkPRoS.png
Advancing on the boss (Fir refuses to crit bishops this chapter, sadly)
IjfkwB6.png
w25lNfF.png
So, we get Peg Knight reinforcements from the southern forts, and 2 cavaliers, 1 archer from northern forts.
VIzf5yY.pngOLDn7z8.pngtiDP4ss.png
Attacking the boss's guards.
o0pzQlF.pngPnsFYE3.png
Some EP reinforcements die easy...
EtrhIHu.pngp64JAUv.png
...and some EP reinforcements need a little more work
gvfEbn1.png
...I might have forgotten to heal Tate up. Luckily, she's still the greatest ever
qcsrkGM.png05j8ZFG.png
Sophia, you're not Lilina (okay, you're almost identical, but still)! She is very Mag blessed, though
39vSYLS.pngSxQpT8E.pngBN2X3OM.png
Excellent. Wendy is seriously dodgy for a tank, and I love it.
SiwOroj.pngeHYlTYX.png
Remaining knights get unmade. All that is left is a few turns of EP reinforcements that my units will gorge on
il5Sidk.pngq8wv8Z4.png
See: gorging, from my favorite flying ladies.
QOtTIou.pngxQdkkKD.png
Arcado tries to be a threatening boss, but honestly he has no chance against me at this point...but I need to wait out all the reinforcements before killing him because I like my exp
tnOEguY.pngwYlNuvK.png3HHbb6A.png
Turns out Lilina's actually at risk of dying on EP, which is a little scary.
ALkeUcQ.pngzvJqpKP.pngVsw1Yuf.pngiIT16kV.pngwIumjg9.pngCHQtn5W.png
But EP ends up just fine. Lilina gets a poor level, but to be fair her Mag IS capped. Meanwhile, Miledy caps Skill and gets bulkier, which is fine by me. She's also 1 point of speed off that cap.
kvdrWak.pngAJ95upx.png6wFiRLF.pngDHKvDV8.png9JBuQ4V.png
Slaughtering reinforcements is nice and all, but something more important happens here:
U3HnT2J.png
ARMADS. ARMADS. WENDY IS READY. I'm pretty sure this is one of the first times anyone's seen a screen like this on FE6 HM, but Wendy is a BEAST. This still took a huge amount of effort, though. She's been using exclusively axes since C12 and pretty much broke every Iron Axe I've ever owned en route to this.
mDFgHjh.png
I should probably remember to heal Lilina at some point, but eventually we run out of reinforcements and nobody dies, so...
lqHODOK.png63R51qR.png
It's time to slay Arcardo.
uLwZ7q6.pngLC6Cs5S.png2Ez3o9i.pngUh2z69N.png
This would be much much easier if my characters could actually hit him.
abtnVaI.pngmd3uKru.png9UsnLI1.png
There we go.
vzm8wla.png
Sophia rewards me for not RNG rigging those hits, and instead letting the battle run its natural course.
5gCAnNM.pngCtvBJjv.pngjYR5RXr.png
I would seize...but then I realize (at the start of next chapter, actually), that I'm seriously low on Iron Lances and Iron Swords, so I send Shanna shopping.
jDw0OKo.png
Because of that, my 19 turn seize becomes a 22 turn one. Nonetheless, an easy breather chapter, and I don't think I had to revert a single death
Edited by elf_01

[spoiler="Chapter 18I: Frozen Forest F***ery, pt.1]

prnrMwj.pngn0JuKxR.pngYuRfTUq.png
For the first time, I'm allowed to deploy over a screen of units. I decide to take Clarine over Sue as another healer/restore staff user, since having Sue chip things for 2 damage per turn just doesn't seem worth it. Shanna and Clarine's jobs for this chapter is mostly going to consist of rescuing people around (getting Lalum to the frontlines) and using Canto.
0tp0jiD.pngIIM4EWp.pngot8lHQO.png
Overview of annoying long-range enemies. There are a couple of ballistae thrown in too, as expected from Ilia. Also, there are 3 villages on this map that I want to get, with brigand reinforcements headed towards then in a bit.
F4sfz85.png
I want your Nosferatu, your physic and your A staves.
SGNl2Bn.png
She's actually worse than Sophia in pretty much every way except for Staff Rank. That being said, if I ever decide to use warp in the late-game, she's definitely the best choice for it.
Vbgip5P.pngwBpHKDM.png
Here's something I haven't seen in forever: Wendy using a lance. Since she S-ranked axes, I'm letting her actually leverage WTA. Also, you see that HP Tate lost? SHE MISSED THE FIRST 98 HIT ATTACK AND GOT COUNTERED BY A 40. Geez.
mT8JYNA.png
So, as you can see, this map is just a massive clusterf*** of forests and chokepoints. This rapidly becomes seriously annoying for any unit who can't fly, and I'm not always on point with my rescuing, so you get this mess of a formation
blbdPW5.pngmHpWH1Y.png
*sigh*
Ro0Zz9f.pngXNafDWo.pngpS5tNHm.pngWIxTITQ.pngz0s41av.png
My best units aren't going to have any problem against unpromoted enemies, though.
OepAnGd.pngRvrmFpH.png
Shanna chips for her first level in like 8 chapters! Pity she didn't get strength and still sucks.
55rpC1w.pngIItzQOp.png
Tate shows her how it's done. She's 2 Speed and 4 Strength off capping (skill's already capped), and I'm pretty (cautiously) hopeful.
OU9HxFM.png
3LsuRb6.png
Peg knights to the north, Wyverns from the East. I decide to ignore the wyverns from now
YCszKzr.pngtluBiyz.png
Miledy, you're supposed to be good :(. Her missing this attack and failing to ORKO this Falcoknight turns out to be a big deal
9cVy46a.png
6UXlpxE.png
Meanwhile, I have Sophia positioned on a forest and I'm perfectly confident she'll massacre these wyverns.
OpjhIte.pngzWgY97y.png
So yeah, that Falcoknight who survived doubles and murders Cecilia. Rewind, and I'm pretty mad about this.
Ktk2xyq.png
SAFE NOW.
PUMMcL9.pngfOL1eUp.pngJUELOjb.png15cXTyo.pngoo1xSBG.png
The wall absorbs some hits, but gives as good as they get.
s4feazx.png6T7WQGf.pngoMB0zag.png
Sophia tears those wyverns who dare attack her to shreds (well, she misses once against the last one, but she'll rectify that on PP)
fCHRehe.pngRkiltuY.png
Excellent, excellent
eKcCWsP.pnggMm7fwn.png
Lalum gets a good dancer level boosting Sophia forward
Ulw3cyp.png
You know, Ellen, I decide to feed you for once and THIS is what you do?
VyYCud7.pnghzvm9fY.png
Echidna clears a path for Wendy to grab the kill instead. Stupid Ellen
lEEqG6g.png
I believe that's the berserk priest down. There are very few real threats remaining on this map
FKi7IsW.png
pJb2m3C.png
The advance is still pretty slow though. Screw forest tiles, this map is such a slog to play
KFC8V9j.png
Whatever
zHI9i18.png9wjeoZa.png
Player phase isn't particularly eventful either
O7Kx8N4.pngQd5PIsX.pngiRAUNMn.png
Next EP, Brigands spawn en route to the remaining villages. I'm forced to dispatch Miledy to make the flight down to save the south village, while my army advances to the north one
kcQeJOd.png
Tate hates priests, which is good, because I hate them too.
I7SvFAW.pngEvY3qPS.png
Why'd they give a generic mook a Light Brand? Seems weird to me
mePwZtq.pnghMS3SNq.pngGhzTCBw.pngKvK6m7c.png
Enemy phase ends up alright...
TaLVJpJ.png
Milady tries to kill a ballistician, but only hits 1/2 hits. The javelin is equipped to let her counter some shamans on EP
d7S6MZf.pngCjsP14m.png
Fir chips (why won't you crit, Fir?) and Sophia misses the kill. This is bad, that Merc is blocking my way and I don't want to divert Tate to kill him
aIlJq90.pngRjfz5vN.png
Take 2 ends much better
tISt1Ra.png
This is why I didn't want to use Tate on the mercenary.
7BxnNec.png
OH YES. So here's the chapter gimmick. Niime 'botches' a weather control spell, freezing all the rivers and making them traversable. This removes some of the annoying chokepoints on this map.
3nlUajk.pngWxuyKjW.pngn1f9Svo.png
Tate avoids potential death here, but the risk is pretty small, and I need her to lead my charge since Miledy is busy elsewhere
NvycaTo.png4ARwXUF.png1oJBhpt.png1ceiNb9.pngNInmj92.png
Speaking of Miledy, she manages to whiff a HUGE amount of javelin attacks (2 misses against the Archer, and she fails to counterkill both shamans with 3 misses in 4 hits)
VGfqM8O.png
Surprisingly, I'm forced to fly my airtank out of the fight and just grab the village because EP went so poorly for her
bAECvfc.pngkmh2pQO.pngVDuroQn.pngNUWEXZ5.png
At least the top front is mostly going ok
Tz7f7Ss.pngCx7YO1p.pngZSesfp0.png
So this is the reason I needed to advance Tate forwards last turn (and conveniently kill the Nosferatu Shaman). It puts her just in range to grab the Guiding Ring village (I'm torn between using this on Clarine and praying she outperforms Cecilia, and just selling it for 5k). This does put Tate in a very precarious situation though, she needs to dodge several attacks on EP. 2 of those Peg knights have Axereavers, 1 has a Killer Lance, and the Falcoknight has a Silver Lance. Nonetheless, I decide to equip an Iron Sword as I think it has a slightly higher chance of survival on EP. I also physic her up in preparation to tank hits (I wanted to double-physic with Clarine too, but she has terrible magic and her physic range doesn't go anywhere close to Tate)
567K0Im.pngxvql6em.png
All positioned for EP. This is going to be dangerous.
KlJji4u.pngeZVw1e7.pngydxDBcd.png
Danger #1 Averted.
PXnnOgY.png
Another Lilina level gotten. Will Tate survive?
knJ8Him.pngIz7jVv1.png
...a good start.
Next time: Tate's Fate

I decided to have another unit review at the end of this chapter, as we enter the endgame and all my characters are getting up there in levels

[spoiler=Chapter 18I: Frozen Forest F***ery, pt.2]

ZlfAxTl.pngOr61fAq.png
I lost the screenshot, but Tate eats a hit from the Silver Lance Falcoknight, and then Martel ruins my day with a 40 hitrate purge. REWIND
ugUsfCs.png
Sophia dodges all 3 Brigands this time and re-gets a nice level
rKBXU68.png
I'm scared...
kuJyXQO.png
Yeah. Miledy, the tankiest air-tank to ever fly, is on 5HP. This chapter is surprisingly quite a bit harder than I expected.
YIhXRM4.pnggwDaW5z.pngopBWofD.png
But it all ends up okay!
UrBw9Fj.pngTxRivdC.pngLvqjNvL.png
Player phase, some threats get picked off
sD8vsAi.png
I didn't even realize it at the time, but the ballista is positioned such that it barely can't reach Tate on the village.
yFMrijG.png
Everything is gonna be alright~
pGt80ky.pngipvmQEj.pngKo45k3A.png
Units dodge things. Lilina, surprisingly, can double these Brigands (she hasn't doubled anything that isn't an Armor in a while now), and Milady makes a very important 10% dodge...
aYccP7f.png
...yeah. She is at a small but non-zero risk of dying here.
OF8Bs5U.pngshDVxgG.png
Cecilia continues to eat Purges while Miledy finally remembers her original mission objective and grabs the book.
9QEG4hq.pngiDpnKcl.png7qgPSyv.png
In the ensuing slaughter, Tate gets 1 point off capping speed.
ygdvu07.png
I think this is the last of the brigand reinforcements
eJqcM0d.png
Why do all healers suck?
YvxgTWT.pngUq9RO4f.pngf0f92pY.pngN3CQ5TH.pngeAp77uD.png
Dorothy and Fir combine to wipe His Brilliantness, Martel, off the map. Dorothy continues to be absurdly speed blessed, while Fir gets THAT 4-stat level up.
K6K5pPF.pngRA9dn4h.png
Miledy continues to cheat death
2qvR3fE.pngw8hRFIP.pngcSuZxIJ.png
And now we have Peg Knight reinforcements! How cute.
4OlOOxC.png7sGbqMV.png
Miledy finally kills off the ballistiican, and is healed out of death range. To be fair, she did solo like half the map and did an admirable job of it, so I can't complain about her performance this chapter. It's really a testament to her durability and awesomeness that she succeeded.
oYV6KKv.pngKIU6KIb.pngTaxDmJ9.pngH0y4ixM.pngHjAmy8p.png9Uzebuk.png
Peg knight reinforcements are still spawning despite Martel's death, so I take advantage and rack up some more exp.
Uv7S6bp.png
Token Invisible Fir
JGNCQZS.png
Def is always good, especially since she's almost guaranteed to cap the entire left column.
fete9Ys.pngrFd8Vpi.png
Sophia and Lilina finish off the last of them, Lilina gets 3 meh stats...
mcMRq0a.png0euQEtr.png
That felt a lot longer than 19 turns, I'm not gonna lie
2MdFwdK.pngsj24Pl5.png
Welcome to the team!

[spoiler=Unit Review 2]
I'm going over every unit that I can deploy in this section, and I'll bold the stats that I think are especially noteworthy/important. If they've used stat boosters, I adjust their stats accordingly such that it's their stats without boosters that's compared to averages (that's why Wendy/Sophia don't have +7.x HP due to Angelic Robe usage)
Mkm1Wl3.png
Roy. Nothing's changed since his last unit review, so I'm just going to paste it here:

Hit level 20 during Chapter 5. Carried the hell out of the early game, but is mostly just used for chipping now. That being said, he honestly still has decent combat stats, I just don't like wasting exp. He's definitely an above-average Roy, though.

Compared to averages:
+0.8/+1.4/-1.5/+2.4/+0.6/-0.75/+1.3
EW9nBfE.png
The lovely Wendy, future wielder of Armads and the spearhead of every charge I make (Miledy is usually off doing whatever objectives need a 8-mov flying tank to complete). She's amazingly tanky, quite dodgy, and has respectable (but not amazing) offenses. Over the course of the run, she's probably been my most valuable unit for the entire midgame. Her defense is still incredible, especially compared to her averages, and her offense is pretty average (slightly Str blessed, slightly Spd screwed but she still doubles many enemies)
Compared to averages (1 angelic robe):
+0.35/+1.4/-2.6/-1.6/+0.95/+3.3/+0.1
xgATalw.png
What is there to say? She's my best attacker, 2nd tankiest unit, flies and has 8-mov. Miledy is by far the best unit I have access to and I'm abusing her to her fullest extent. The scariest part is that she's actually slightly stat SCREWED (especially in Luck), which is just unbelievable considering how amazing she is.
Compared to averages (1 talisman):
-1/0/0/-1/-3.5/+0.5/0
2lKK5cg.pngAU8JtRN.png
The pegasus sisters. This comparison really highlights how absurdly superior Tate is to Shanna. If Shanna got 5 perfect 7-stat level ups in a row, she'd STILL be worse than Tate. Tate is currently acting as Miledy lite, flying around and completing difficult objectives while either killing or heavily wounding everything in her path. She also has excellent evasion parameters and solid defenses. Shanna...occasionally gets deployed to visit villages or ferry people around, I guess. Tate is very slightly above average (especially defensively), while Shanna is severely below average across the board.
Compared to averages
T: +0.55/-0.55/+1.95/+0.05/-0.55/+1.77/+0.55
S: -1.35/-2.9/-1.65/-0.4/-2.8/-0.3/-2.75
tTvur70.png
Lilina's made of paper and rarely doubles, but damn she hits like a freakin' TRUCK, slinging 35 damage fires around with 140 accuracy and murdering heavily defensive units like it's nothing. Of course, 34HP/6DEF is pretty awful defensively, but she's dodgy enough that she rarely takes hits, and can usually take a hit or two before falling.
Compared to averages:
+1.5/0/+3/-1.5/0/0/-0.5
DpPsqSw.png
Sophia was stuffed to the gills with stat boosters, but she's rapidly beginning to overtake Lilina as the high-damage nuke-y magic user. She's absolutely insane and I think she has a good chance of becoming my best end-game unit, especially if she gets a few more speed procs. She's also INCREDIBLY Mag, Skill, Def and Res blessed to an honestly unreal level
Compared to averages (1 angelic robe, 1 secret book, 2 speedwings, 1 goddess icon, 1 dragonshield, 1 body ring):
+0.6/+4.8/+4.4/-2.2/-1.8/+2.2/+2.8
SERIOUSLY. JUST LOOK AT THAT. WHAT AM I EVEN SEEING. OVER FOUR POINTS BLESSED IN MAG AND SKILL. OVER TWO POINTS IN BOTH DEFENSES. This is utterly incredible. Maybe she stole all of Sue and Shanna's stats...
HwOudfn.png
Ellen is...pretty terrible, honestly, but good enough to be useful as my primary healer/staffer. Not much to say, other than that she's screwed in all the wrong stats and blessed in Skill for some dumb reason -_-. At least she has slightly blessed defenses to tank the hits that she's taking due to her screwed Speed/Luck
Compared to averages:
+2.65/-3.5/+3.1/-1.6/-4.1/+0.85/+1.2
ED7EdP8.png
Dorothy. She was amazing early, trailed off a little in the Western Isles, but she's returned with a VENGEANCE. She's extremely offensively blessed, especially in speed, and has been doing a great job of killing things from range. Her skill-screw is a little annoying but it's mostly offset by the pretty decent accuracy of bows in this game. The res blessing is also nice to have in a game where everyone has awful res except for mages and pegs.
Compared to averages:
-2.4/0/-4.8/+4.2/-0.4/+0.4/+2.4
1MtNcaf.png
Fir has really grown on me, and she's been doing a really good job killing and surviving on the frontlines, with her excellent evasion, accuracy and crit, and decent bulk. I was tempted to photoshop out her face from this screenshot given that she's always invisible, but got lazy. She's pretty average overall, but the Swordmaster 30% crit bonus is definitely helping her out. She'll probably get to kill Murdoch later, too.
Compared to averages:
+3.9/-0.3/-1.5/+1.15/-0.4/-0.1/+1.44
WowxUZe.png
Echidna has been a pleasant surprise, although she's starting to fall off as a frontliner at this point in the game because her defenses just aren't up to par and her growths are in the dumpster. I'll probably have to bench her soon, but Echipna has had a really good run and has been really useful from her recruitment chapter all the way up til now.
Compared to averages:
-0.5/-0.8/-0.5/+1.2/-0.2/+0.1/+0.1
0NaI7Qk.png
Igrene has been useful for chipping things from 2-range from time to time, but is really just a filler unit when I have deployment slots. She's still at base, so no stats to comment on.
J0swKOW.png
Lalum! I normally suck at using dancers, but she's been absolutely vital in a few chapters. Early on, she gave Wendy that extra 5-mov she needed to reach the frontlines, she's helped all the lower level units get 2 kills fed to them a turn, and she's let me reach a whole bunch of objectives or pull off a lot of saves that otherwise wouldn't be possible, and most importantly, she let Sophia eat 2 stat boosters a turn in Ch14. She's decently dodgy, which is what she needs to be since she's made of wet toilet paper
Compared to averages:
+1.3/+0.9(LOL)/-0.55/+1.3/+0.2/-0.2/-1.3
tE1mSaM.pngnaWEQMA.png
The disappointments. I had such high hopes for both of you, and you ruined it by just never gaining Str/Mag. Just looking at you makes me really sad :(
Compared to averages:
S: -1.8/-1.8/+2.2/+0.6/0/-0.6/-1.4
C: +1.4/-2.2/+0.4/-3/+1.1/-1.4/-1.6
nO1vMcx.png
She steals things and dies if anyone so much as looks at her funny. Yay. She's also at base.
XcTam5i.png
You're adorable, but I'm never deploying you outside of the final chapter where you're forced and will be a deadweight in someone's saddlebags. Sorry :(

Well, that's my entire backlog of updates burned through...

Edited by elf_01

[spoiler="Chapter 19I: Best Bernese Ballista Bolt Baiting Babe, pt.1]

This chapter is a pain. It's not particularly hard, but the player has to negotiate the foggy mess of fliers, status staves and ballista bolts, and it's just annoying.

8TLeA8e.png
Sigune's my favorite NPC in this game. There's just something about her that's really likable.
BHvm6NE.pnghcCQpUS.pngnLZFrMx.png
Deployment: Roy is bringing along stuff for Niime, and Cecilia's benched for now because Niime's better. Cath is unfortunately necessary to steal a Knight's Crest, as I want the money (I'm not sure I'll even end up spending the money, but hey, more is always good!) The other secondary objective of this map is to rescue 2 villages for an Aircalibur and an Energy Ring, I believe.
lSrYYYl.png9L49581.png
Please no :(. Also, that generic Peg to the left looks way too young and innocent to be an enemy :(
97Uzrkd.pngO1ctiTU.png
Huh, I was under the impression that she just came with Nosferatu, Eclipse and Physic. Well, that's fine too. Also, here are Niime's base stats. Yes, she's worse than Sophia in every stat but Luck while being 12 levels higher and having no growths or durability to speak off, but nevertheless she has 21 magic and A staves, so she'll be a useful Physic/Warp/Rescue/Restore user, and she's still better than Cecilia in most cases.
iff7XKI.pngEMJzIm0.png4KMMWcZ.png
Roy and Lalum sell some stuff off, and we pick up supplies (Fluxes, Restores and lots of Physics)
IU7TVX4.png
#favoritism
HuLYv4U.png
Not shown: Wendy way up north, plugging a chokepoint.
cXh7JRF.png3CtDDOh.png
Oh Wendy, you're the greatest <3
b8HGCkw.png7bGTfP6.pngIYtXnop.png
Bleh.
5HIoFbF.png
You're going to be seeing a lot of this, since Niime is a status staff magnet due to the stupid target priority in this game
DPOtLQT.pngqyfUgzG.pngD2TUF0U.pngwXTpTyU.png
Every peg in sight gets obliterated on Player Phase. Fir, as usual, is up to her invisibility shenanigans
ThqYe9s.png
VCX78Qj.png
Miledy and Tate head up to take out the northern ballista, while the rest of my army slowly filters through the narrow chokes
ff4ojDh.png
For some reason, enemy Ballistae LOVE targeting Miledy, pretty much to the exclusion of anyone else, despite her having the Delphi shield and huge defense.
4xfdDHE.png
*sigh*
UTphVkF.png
Objective 1 down.
XMvwC7p.png5RjhXvp.pngKwefEop.png
The Knight Crest paladin is in sight, as is the Sleep Druid. As tempting as it is to go kill the Sleep Druid right now, I have to keep a cohesive front line and make sure to NOT kill the Paladin before stealing his 5k.
vnPSmUc.png
On the bright side, I remember to give the secret book from last chapter to Wendy. She could use the skill, and since Sophia's incredibly skill-blessed, Wendy needs it more.
VgMSKe2.png
Yeah...
t3qHhDB.pngJwLUZyc.pngkVBzaYy.pngtuJo6A4.png
Formation set up. Fir crits that cavalier off the face of the map, and then doesn't crit the Paladin, so we're all good to steal the Crest
PiKKrd3.pngNUBZoFJ.png
Other fun EP occurences happen to my 2 druids. Also, I really really like Niime's palette, I sort of wish Sophia had that.
yMbermy.png
Good job, Cath. Your job is done for the chapter (other than providing some vision in this fog I guess)
MXO1jTD.pngHmi6NRZ.pngJTsaQrr.png
This is, unfortunately, one of the last times Echidna will be useful to me, I think. Her offences and defenses are starting to be a little too lackluster at this point, and I can't really justify having her on the frontlines for much longer. I mean, SOPHIA is significantly bulkier than she is at this point...That being said, if I have slots to fill, I'm sure Echidna can manage to do SOMETHING.
wgEz5WU.png47y7Ote.png
The REAL flying sisters. Shanna watches from the bench and weeps.
tvRUrbm.png
At least the sleep staff broke...
jJa13v1.png
...and Wendy vents my frustrations by driving her axe right through the Sleep druid's face
OuSQ2ak.pngPnkbAad.pngC30U6jM.png
Sophia is not impressed by your puny attempts to do damage to her. SHE CAPS MAGIC AT LEVEL 20/7 WITH NO ENERGY RINGS. This puts her at an absurd +5.25Mag/+3 Def/+3.25Res above her averages...unbelievable...
7uObNpT.pngFQGULg5.png
Yeah. My units are baller...
HHz0Ibu.png
...oh shut up.
N5vorNa.pnglG72Usj.png
Unexpected, Tate gets attacked by this guy. 15 Range and high might, Long (Iron?) Ballistae are no joke. Luckily, she dodges
sXoHHOo.pngebFX65O.png
So fly~
ypJdwOc.pngUZmkrRE.pngesPuadM.png
Ready to rumble. I take a lot of effort to deliberately position Cath/Lalum/Niime so that they're out of range of the southern ballista.
mSbTNQV.pngd8T0sNI.png
MMMMMM yes.
hjjoUQH.pnglHTINPC.png
*sigh*
eswhOHX.pngFpcKOKl.png
Alright, we prepare to storm in and slaughter the archer manning the bottom ballista...
xtr03hj.pngsRmxw9B.png
Everything going according to plan!
bacOmog.pngKhx8Qv5.png
Welp. I hope we don't have more status staves this chapter!
06t0e5M.png
Tate flies down to reveal the ballistician and discovers...an unmanned ballista. Yeah...I'm an idiot.
Ahg1VhL.png
THE SILENCE STAFF DRUID. HE WILL DIE PAINFULLY AND I WILL SAVOR EVERY MOMENT OF IT
1Q7yuvY.pnglISwTwm.pngPNUh8Bk.png4xn6Ysg.pngpFCCRbJ.png
Fir's not having a good EP at all, except for critting that Falcoknight off the map
Xro71sc.pngTmvsa90.png
Miledy for Best Bernese Ballista Bolt Baiting Babe. Bloody bonkers ballistician bastards are blind.
Y0m9zN8.pngiTettJ8.png
Luckily, Fir rediscovers her ability to dodge and survives the EP.
Bz2poSN.png
Seriously, why do enemies have so many Physic staves? Those things cost a lot of money!
GHa1L4f.pngUH8aj5K.pngMA0GYMX.pngV9574jH.pngFqVpU2B.pngdxlkLo3.png
A lot of murder occurs during player phase, including 1 ballistician stabbed by Miledy.
FMFmJpg.png
Everything looks good here (I think Ellen physic'd Fir)!
dJszbII.png
Fliers flank from fog.
bccPq6n.png
Fir rediscovers the long-lost art of dodging and has a non-perilous EP as a result
DsYmpWV.pngrNGsP1t.png
Meanwhile...Best Bernese Ballista Bolt Baiting Babe is Back!
tECDlJk.png1LfFO1t.png
Player phase is more of the same, even promoted enemies aren't putting up much of a fight by this point

[spoiler=Chapter 19I: Best Bernese Ballista Bolt Baiting Babe, pt.2]

A7mfwK4.pngUpdhGWx.png00wEEs8.png
ORKO's around the board here
uQijHbl.pngEmH8BOc.pngeIYoImO.png
Igrene chips just for some EXP, not because Miledy needed it, and gets a crapshoot level as a result. Oh well, no big deal, she's not an endgame unit anyway.
6ZeLAXQ.png
BBBBBB at it again!
dfdfzDA.pngS1Y2LlV.pngEPzVBHf.png
All the remaining enemies in sight get slaughtered on player phase.
MrC8yaT.png
A statbooster which doesn't go to Sophia (she's capped LOL). I guess this'll probably go to either Fir or Tate, depending on how their coming levels are.
RsY91yo.pngdwHkRiM.png
Dorothy has some fun on the ballista...
t06VRh7.pngNrf313x.png
...not that Sophia or Lilina needed the chip
kUFQVOw.pngWHakEQu.pngB0qmv78.png
Here's Sigune, the boss. She has pretty decent stats but is overall worse than Tate. Also, with 7 Con, she's weighted down to 18AS, meaning that 22AS Miledy can double her with the Iron Lance, and Sigune overall really has no chance in that duel.
qMr4mrS.pngACGfDCy.pngzeGgDmB.png
Sigune...I feel bad for you :(
vjDhUUR.png
Ellen gets a random healing level and it sucks but I don't care
au1iQBW.pngJGTLmkp.png
I feed the kill to Sophia, who gets speed out of it. Speed's always welcome!
vVL9e2I.pngbqMk8xW.png
One of my favorite boss quotes ever ;_; RIP Sigune
4f2e9Os.pngq2nGelG.png
I'm not gonna lie, that felt a lot longer than 13 turns, I'm sort of surprised

8TLeA8e.png
Sigune's my favorite NPC in this game. There's just something about her that's really likable.

It's the lipstick, right? Gotta be the lipstick.

That, or her lips are blue because it's so damn cold and she has no headgear whatsoever.

It's the lipstick, right? Gotta be the lipstick.

That, or her lips are blue because it's so damn cold and she has no headgear whatsoever.

You know, you might be right. There's something about those blue lips...that, and I have this thing for fliers

Anyways, moving on. I just finished Chapter 21 in my playthrough (doing it the way IS intended and not skipping any spawn zones) and it was a 2-hour, 390 screenshot ordeal which I'm still not sure how I got through, but it's gonna be awesome. You guys are going to love how Sophia turns out, too :) I also find it really cool how every single female character manages to contribute at some point this run!

Alright, here's Chapter 20, part 1/2

[spoiler="Chapter 20I: Shanna's Shopping Spree, pt.1]

Alright, so this is the final (non-gaiden) chapter in the Ilia route, and as such it's a pretty complex one with a whole bunch of objectives I want to complete. So firstly, as the title suggests, I'm deploying Shanna here with the Silver Card, since there's a nice armory and vendor here, and I need to stock up on gear (especially for Chapter 21, where I'm going to be deploying 18 units and they need to be geared up). Secondly, there are 8 chests on the map to unlock, with worthwhile loot. Thirdly, there are 2 enemies with stealable Red Gems who need to be relieved of their possessions. I have to recruit Juno with either Shanna or Tate, and make sure that the 5 civilians who are locked in with her survive for an Angelic Robe. Finally, I have to seize before 25 turns pass to unlock the Gaiden chapter that follows and get Maltet, the S-Rank Lance.

jcDxr7C.pngfV9I81C.png
Deployment. Shanna needs to buy my stuff. I split my team into 2 sections here. Wendy's leading a small strike force to the right side, with Sophia, Niime and Roy. Roy has Door Keys and Chest Keys, and he'll be responsible for the south treasure room. Meanwhile, the bulk of my forces (including Cath, who needs to steal things), led by Miledy are going to be headed left where the concentration of the enemies are. This includes my to-be bosskiller, Fir, who's been equipped with an Armorslayer.
ZGZMlyd.pngzHYHaqG.pngNyEWiKE.png
3 Ballistae, 2 of them Long and 1 Killer. These things are not to be messed with, I think one of the ballistae can do 39 damage to Tate and easily ORKO Shanna/Juno...
FN6FxcW.pnglH4Ifbh.pngWBOyW5g.png
Two treasure rooms, and the civilians. The Bishop in the south Treasure room has a Purge and is annoying, but you can manipulate him into using Physic instead of there are damaged enemies.
yY6Hmnj.pngmOYzPFa.png
A5xtl2n.png73v3d9r.png
RybuMsj.png51qtACY.png
Status staff jerks. The third has one of the 2 Red Gems I need to steal this map
2f8YN6D.png
The boss, Roartz, who's the corrupt High Chancellor of Etruria, has the other Red Gem.
RybOMx2.png1jchVHv.pngIaX3PxU.png
Yup, Juno is Zealot's wife. Some conversation, where they think Zealot isn't a benched male scrub and is going to save them.
cISVox3.png
So, unfortunately, Shanna's a complete scrub and loses to 2 unpromoted mercenaries while using the Silver Lance more than half the time, so Tate has to clear a path for her to the armory/vendor before joining her teammates on the main front
Fk6kv6C.pngJvJWQBT.png8bkx96t.png
The two section leaders charge, and their troops follow.
okfC7CD.pngQMf8vmx.pngyJo6PgY.pngVydXPZV.png
EP ends up going well for me, mostly. Fir is up to her usual invisibility shenanigans
SgMVF1L.pngBtzx6Du.pngxsp7zz7.png
Still in the same EP, my company leaders show why they're the leaders (it's because they're unreal tanks who can dish out huge damage)
hkErDYg.png47I1Gt4.pngrH8qk7G.png
The usual suspects are being their usual competent selves
nqkCvrS.pngijQeBra.png
Yes, the EP still isn't over. Here are a few blunders I made. Lalum takes a hard hit because I didn't realize the Sniper had a longbow, and Miledy luckily dodges what would have been an extremely painful Nosferatu blast
y9ytFbd.png7EXIYGW.png
Niime dodging the right sleep jerk is EXTREMELY important, because she has my only restore staff on the right side (I only have 2 restore staffers this map because I'm trying to run so many combat units, and I have to deploy Cath/Shanna for their respective jobs)
m7aO6LL.png
This physic jerk is actually the Purge bishop, and believe me when I say that I'm much happier with him physic-ing someone I can ORKO rather than purging me.
K370cyG.png
Shanna finishes off the last mercenary on the way to the shops after Tate's EP chip, freeing Tate to quickly rejoin the main force
GtkUnw7.pngDEpqYxe.png0SiuMLV.pngV26iNOK.png
I love how competent my units are
kwSOlcH.png
Miledy, you know you haven't capped speed yet, right? You know you've had 22 speed for ages, right?
jRARtn0.png
Cath's a sleep magnet, so I let her continue to be so
3s7udGA.png
Purge range. I stay out of it just in case
FvrYouB.png7gnsYXz.png
Team Right is being competent too. At this point, Sophia is an absolute monster and can pretty much wipe the floor with the entire enemy army.
xwgO5T4.png
BBBBBB is back at it. Those ballisticians really never learn (there are a LOT of units in my army they can hurt really badly, but Miledy is not one of them)
TAfBnh2.png
PLANNED (I'm so bad at this game I don't even understand)
78hmyNQ.pngalklONT.png
YES YES YES, NIIME DODGES ANOTHER SLEEP. It doesn't even matter if she gets hit by the next one, Sophia and Wendy are free to rampage
T9F9DOe.pngYn0IcXI.png
Purge bishop still distracted. This is exceedingly amusing, because that Mend bishop could have healed the fighter to full by his lonesome
TnFQ8T1.pngzHb8BYU.png
Kill both bishops. I think Miledy slays the Purger, but I'm not 100% sure.
RdC2Stj.png8qu0KHI.png
Fir undoes their healing with her standard invisible critical, and Lilina undoes the rest of the enemy work.
MqUC7QI.png
Wakey wakey
BZ90YAw.png32Bv7x0.pngyqPHLbk.png
Shanna sells her inventory and buys me a load of Silvers as well as a few Irons. I'm going to be needing them in the next few maps, that's for sure.
X2uasoy.png
Tank the physical hits, dodge the magical ones, and slay them all.
avC2FAO.png
End turn. The druid on the left side is holding the Red Gem.
Pdd9Azd.pngWSP8DnW.png
BBBBBB. List of people the ballistae could have targeted but didn't: Roy, Niime, Tate, Lalum, Lilina, Sophia.
bws3Dk5.png
Tate is exceedingly competent...
DqFsgoy.png
...Roy is not. Lucky that the idiot ballistician targeted Miledy instead of him, huh?
iw9IJ1x.pngWXCrErh.png
Sleeps broken, thankfully.
5yvSS9G.pngVbZGkCZ.pngwFBoobj.png
Cath boosted forward to steal the Red gem, then Miledy wipes the Druid off the map
iwo59Zi.png
Fir is here somewhere, I promise.
39H4p1o.png
Shanna stocking up on Aircaliburs and Fluxes from the Vendor. I think Sophia breaks 5 Flux tomes between now and the end of C21.
9XbhKdY.pngPAkx9Tj.png
Niime chips for her elder (it's weird that Sophia is actually a couple of hundred years older than Niime. Maybe that's why she's so good at dark magic)
E7I0JPs.pngMzxMa9g.png
Coolio. I think the mercenary crit, not like I care. Also, BBBBBB
Dmz2HNs.png
Except BBBBBB wasn't in range of this ballista, and I get punished. Damnit, rewind
3OtOQWt.png
There we go.
4A8lEPA.png
...I forgot to heal Roy and I moved him forward too much.
LI2bmUS.pngs4nrwDM.png
Okay, NOW we're good. Wendy gets a nice level out of it, too.
4wYcIK0.pngZeRU6qv.png
LOL. As funny as it would be to watch Berserk!Cath run around hitting things for 0 damage, I sort of need her to do things.
z5YJwRJ.pngrIiZtxv.png
I setup Miledy to counter some things across the wall, while Cath unlocks the top door and the rest of my team moves into position to breach the throne room.
AHcLAFp.png48Um8l9.pngoGPq6jK.png
No dangers were had here today.
sYR9hXw.pngSGP5f4k.png
Everything is well under control
2pAO9MH.png
DAMNIT LALUM. CAN YOU PLEASE DODGE THESE
sJiPxni.png
Re-get Bishop kill.

WILL LALUM SURVIVE THIS EP? (She has 24/24 HP btw, so if the ballista hits its a guaranteed OHKO)

[spoiler=Chapter 20I: Shanna's Shopping Spree, pt.2]

0CICXnm.pngmDmybSB.png
Nope. Stupid Lalum.
q4znYc1.pngxWheZYd.png
REALLY?
Xw9suv3.pngvw2hxjY.png
Okay, both ladies dodge. Finally.
XthPnhb.png
Counter across the wall does good damage
9yg0cu3.pngK0urhWt.pngsVNVs0d.png
LOL again. Cath still has a job to do though, and breaches the door
QIDEmdt.pngngCtRue.pngsyo2gsE.png
We flood into the throne room, and Dorothy gets even more Speed blessed.
5Nv2J5m.pngti1UuXf.png
Roy breaches the right side too, progress is looking good!
ANtwZtN.pngUfXmkpr.png
Overview after this turn. There are very few real enemy threats remaining on the map
oSXxWaw.png0G0Fo8R.png8aMpdiZ.png
I'm really glad Tate dodged that. In fact, I'm glad all three of them dodged those.
bKN5OU8.png
Berserk 3/3
JeZwZhd.pngySa8mKE.png
How unbelievably bulky can this girl get? She's Def blessed out of her mind (20% Def growth...)
Sa9SRFx.pngSzdAGkt.pngVuKtgTs.png
Status on the 3 ballistae. Dorothy can't ORKO any of the ballisticians with the Longbow, so I just let them shoot themselves out. Funny tidbit, the Sniper on the left Killer Ballista has an Elysian whip for some absurd reason, depsite the fact that nobody sane would waste a Warp charge to steal it from him
684JhPe.png
Cath's job is done
7os2rhd.png
Miledy slays the ex-Berserk druid
4UKVYFs.png
...I have no clue why we're all clustered outside the throne room like this...
S3tnGda.pngz7YAtSP.pngXrbS1ik.png
I'm too good for your EP shenanigans
SbWtRpw.png
Lilina melts the remaining knight in the throne room
9vn3vnK.pngjmJVQG1.png
Cath starts her looting
dtXjEyF.pngKH4CAVA.png
Here's the boss, by the way. He's pretty bulky, but slow as all hell and isn't going to put up that much of a fight.
l93a8nk.pngx4DADyI.png
Roy unlocks the door, then I let Wendy take the chests since Roy should get into position to seize after
zqSPWEM.pngQ4TuerD.png
BBBBBB wastes the last 2 Ballista shots. I'm glad that's over with
Qbkq24n.pngq6Pvv2L.pngkqLYIYA.pngdppMvUZ.png
Loot and a Lalum level dancing Cath
M2sDq0k.png
Roartz is going to have a bad time
zcIlZb8.pngTB3Q4nr.pngYJB89VW.png
A good start!
e7n6t4l.pngX5AV2pt.png
SOPHIA SAYS HI
7a5GIsC.png
Cool. Never using this
HTEKHZo.pngXSs32AH.png
Fir chips, Miledy manages to miss both attacks
641LHxh.png
I guess that means I can feed him to Lilina...
wJeGyqO.png
...meh. Sophia is so much better than you now
a1bZjiU.pngcg5jRVW.png
Alright, let's get Juno. Also note the 2 thieves who just spawned. Pity I'm done already
j23PF1k.pngxt7RI9G.png
Yeah. She's legitimately worse than Shanna. 1 more str, but much less dodgy, and a little less bulky. Jeez, Tate really got all the talent in the family, huh? I might try to pull off a triangle attack at some point for style points though.
WqZSqGq.png
Suddenly, fighter reinforcements! They all have Steel axes, by the way
goZW3bi.pngoEJ0szd.png
Tate took me saying "I'd be happy if Tate got only HP/Str levels from now on" to heart. I am very much happy about this.
iPc3eWJ.png
I'm sure Fir or Roy can find a use for this
O8Bhysb.png
Tate prepares to take on an army (Sophia's joining her, too) and more importantly protect the civilians (Lilina needs that Angelic Robe pretty badly)
grFmgEJ.png
In the meantime, Shanna's bought some of my loot back to the shops
1UCLUZI.png5s0JRt6.pnghA1jWKU.png
A lot of this later, there are no more fighters (I think Sophia counterkilled like 6 on EP)
fek81QE.png0rXJTlA.png0ET1SHh.png
Suddenly, random Merc reinforcements, too! I get Niime out of there, and put in Miledy and Wendy instead
Arkldhh.png
They all suicided on Miledy, I have no clue why. Enemies just seem to really like her!
VmWQlON.png
Taking out the trash
2gNHOCe.pngiwTm56f.png
Even after taking my sweet sweet time killing all the reinforcements, I'm well under the 25 turn limit. The 3 remaining enemies were the ballisticians, I'm not wasting valuable Longbow charges on them
xJtLYrA.pngEzhl7aJ.pngu8qTI3t.png
All objectives get!

20x is pretty short too, so I guess I'll put it up too before I sleep. I'm not uploading 21 until I have a solid hour+ to spare

Edited by elf_01

[spoiler=Chapter 20Ix: Walls and Warriors, pt.1]

Q4SM4BX.png

Yup. Miledy has dibs.

6gBmDZO.png
The team. Igrene is picked over Echidna here for her better 2-range, since this map is all about that
QGmDVLG.pngtVJLM5p.pngypgtM5t.png
So this map has 2 stupid gimmicks. First is your team is separated into 3 groups. 2 small 3-person groups to the left and right, and 1 bigger group in the middle. The second is that the map is covered in walls, with 40HP breakable parts. It just makes this map really boring if you don't warpskip it.
GYOqoVE.pngiaPRdoa.pngjTIhAwP.png
Eating statboosters. Lilina needs the HP more than Sophia, and Fir definitely finds the 2Str useful. Total statboosters used: Sophia used a Robe, Secret Book, 2xGoddess Icon, 3xSpeedwing, Dragonshield, and Body Ring. Lilina and Wendy got a robe each, Wendy also got the boots, Miledy got a Talisman and Fir just ate the Energy Ring.
fa4IANx.png5Yhyr6G.pngNnBdECd.png
These 2 Druids have status staves and capped (29) magic, meaning they have the reach of most of the map (They're the 2 dots dead center of the map).
vs2SJSz.pngPYghD23.pngfYzOhin.png
Igrene and Roy are going to team up to break that wall, while Dorothy and Sophia prepare to kill things from 2-range
SuWNKI0.pngBTeuoxD.png
Good
ajUAAOY.png
I lost the screenshot, but the Berserk jerk just targets Igrene every turn.
GnTqXin.png
Great idea! Please try it again
vSe7dAI.pngjafE1gT.pngnwGaOxf.pngk4LqYhc.pnguYfmJSM.pngCQljSTi.png
I just sit here and wait out the status staves. Ellen gets a decent level restoring in the process.
GTwfmh4.pngweQlgKE.png
Staves broken. Let's move.
GHOYUJ6.pngtGf5uDv.png
Roy breaks the wall, Fir breaks the Warrior (I believe that was a double-crit from her). The Warriors on this map are all level 18, equipped with nothing but a hammer. Free EXP anyone?
Lga6NsL.pngq6ZRFiw.pngJavRKuU.png
Igrene chips, and Tate reminds me why she's my favorite FE character <3
IAdMyKd.pngw3MlKBh.pngrbVjphP.pngdz65rt3.png
Lilina's positioned to do some murderin' on EP. That Swordmaster actually doubles, but it's irrelevant because the Light Brand does a fixed 10 damage and can never crit at range...
Ohefvyt.pngIeoJxhD.png6ZLmEde.png
Sophia baits the Longbow guy into 2range and unmakes him.
3GL52k6.png
Wendy. I just amuse myself whenever Wendy breaks a wall, since normally everyone just breaks the C8 wall with her before benching her forever.
KAAbzol.png6wzf6UV.png
On the other side, Dorothy makes a breach for Miledy, who's making mincemeat of this Warrior
MiUWjwp.pngShcn1pw.png
Fir is pretty much untouchable on this map, so this is perfectly safe.
Fq0soFo.pngpBm1kKF.pngtQI5wAn.png
Absolutely untouchable.
wp69R8T.pngJPB7ntR.png
I hate physic staves with a passion.
cNRFsjk.pngno4onKc.png
Unlucky (lucky?) level from Sophia.
Lf8sues.png3WS7V9e.png
InvisiFir gets even more Strength. I believe she's 1 off capping Str and Speed now. She's turned out exceptionally this run!
aIG0jBs.pngHHg6aAf.pngAK8DusI.png
Some murder, but Fir doesn't crit the archer, sadly. Therefore, I have Roy make Tate equip the Javelin so the archer attack Fir instead so he won't get countered.
md76Em4.pngevIY7iB.png
End a fighter. Team middle is ready for next turn.
JhpSJKv.pngXMeE0If.png
Left team does some slaying..
jgzBRs2.png4s1e1Xz.pngFlVEEOA.png
Well, so much for THAT genius plan. I don't understand the AI as well as I think I do, evidently
X6TqGex.png
Right team is sort of bored right now :(
DjETtBr.pngPRZgaHn.pngZg03Ufi.png
Fir is a machine.
IKUbARb.png904coBr.png
I reward my good characters with more kills
wkElJy6.pnglGM6mu3.pngAI62a6W.png
Some annoyances on EP, but nothing I can't handle
dUvJJhk.pngkTlHyVg.png
Miledy, I appreciate Res, I really do. But uhh..that speed has been 1 off cap for ages. Also, you've gained a total of 2 luck in 22 levels off a 25% growth. I'm pretty sure there's something wrong with that :(
apBnrTZ.pngbnQmlal.png
Maybe invisibility is just a Swordmaster thing in general...
TI0quyO.pngdvo6W98.pngUspn0NW.png
The middle team is rapidly running out of enemies to murderize
KREYRw9.pngqHzyc6w.pngWDIG3SN.png
My fliers are great on EP as usual
4oRB1z3.pngixqIHeO.pngiyIJPaz.png
Cecilia gets her only non-awful level so far patching up Sophia
U2UVVmg.pngCWJBxYd.png
Ellen physics Dorothy just in case (even though I dont think she was ever in risk of actually dying)
HSCblGH.png
Boom. You can barely see a tiny bit of Fir at the top of the screen (it looks sorta like an icicle)
TNrOV8u.pngpJyi7Mz.png
This is when I finally bother to look at the Warrior stats. It's great that they have capped Str and all, but that awful weapon is never going to hit anybody, so they really are just free EXP
Oo8Rvgu.pngDguSbB5.png
Even Ellen is getting in on the carnage!
NvoYjzY.png
One day, the physic druids will let me just kill someone
ul8VIRK.pngFaiCUb4.png
Physic THIS.
LlEA2jy.png
I have Wendy bait the Warrior in...before remember what Hammers are ACTUALLY good at. Let's hope she dodges...
SnwQDPE.png
At least Tate finally gets this kill

[spoiler=Chapter 20Ix: Walls and Warriors, pt.2]

XNPCK8l.png
She's so tanky (this is from the Warrior kill at the end of pt.1)!
Nkod7Ld.pngXD1QrO3.pngcGydLKg.png
...that was a lot less threatening than I anticipated, honestly. He doesn't even come near OHKO-ing if he hits. Sophia wipes him off the map anyways
8DyXFCD.pngJyQEBPr.pngmD8TSRJ.png
The map is looking pretty empty, as my units converge on the last survivors. Fir ninja's one Physic Druid...
jBpo5hH.pngCFU3erm.png
...and Lilina finishes off the other Physic druid over EP and the next PP
Y3JIAzs.png9oUppZS.png
She's so great~
KpIhjGP.pngBEXzx09.pngXjwZxJI.pngMO3dOq8.png
Not much left on the map...
znkEdmm.png9KBr3av.pngC2lo86l.png
Miledy baits out the Killing edge Swordmaster. He'd be a lot more dangerous if he could actually do double digits damage, though. Instead, Miledy shrugs off his puny attempts at hurting her.
kwFrJxJ.png
She's sorta good.
bwzuCvH.pngTadnzOz.pngHhxbPf6.png
Dorothy and Lilina chip. I'm sort of conflicted about the Lilina level. I get that defense is useful and all, but SO IS SPEED.
n7wK85S.pngiHI89ll.png
Miledy finishes off the SM, and Lilina learns that she can OHKO a wall while standing in support range with Roy.
QgNj0UG.pngh8uj2R3.png
This pallete swap of that really awful Paladin from C15 isn't particularly inspiring himself...
Rmt9YHa.png
Sophia somehow gets EVEN TANKIER killing off some straggler. Please remember that defense is a 20% growth. She also caps Res at this point.
4aa0jtV.pngLIqYQyy.png
Lalum boosts Wendy forward, and she makes a mockery of this boss
Wc7eXPS.png
Yeah. You're getting destroyed by WENDY. How does it feel, bitch?
7tVpLq3.pngDGqfPLm.pngRHbvoGq.pngmxi2bXb.png
The power of teamwork. I let Wendy take the kill...
nVMqWnc.png
:(
qPGpLao.pngpnCnaEt.png
18 turns isn't bad for this walled off hellhole, though
mHKizUo.png
5 down, 2 coming next chapter.
Aq2mmha.png
I, Lycian Lord and leader of the Etrurian army, swear by BERN'S NATIONAL TREASURE that I'll stop the King of Bern. OKAY ROY.

Again, C21 will come when I have time to upload 400 images. I'll also do another Unit Review after that because a tonne of levels are gained.

Edited by elf_01

Well, here's part 1 of 4 of Chapter 21. Enjoy!

[spoiler=Chapter 21: Carnage, pt.1]

I can't think of any chapter title that describes Chapter 21 better than simple Carnage. This is a no holds barred beatdown, with no shenanigans or gimmicks. There are no siege tomes (except for 1 bolting in the boss room), no status staves, just waves and waves of extremely tough enemies. Now, it's possible to avoid most of the enemies on this map by taking a specific aerial route and dodging the zones where, upon entering, you spawn waves of reinforcements, but I feel like that detracts from the challenge of the map, and I want to showcase it in all it's glory. My main secondary objective is that I have to complete this map in under 30 turns to unlock Chapter 21x and get Apocalypse. The other 'secondary objective' is that it'd be nice for Cath to steal Murdoch's Knight's Crest, just for the sake of being thorough (I really don't need the money at this point), and there's a Knight's Crest village to visit (but no brigands ever threaten it). So without further ado, I present to you utter, unmitigated carnage:

Zfpmqg4.pngC4Z9UFL.png25jYLMu.png
Background. The bloodiest day in the history of Elibe is right. Cog of Destiny/Victory or Death have got nothing on the slaughter that is about to ensue.
uD0IbgW.pngKHPwlmV.png
The team. Fir has boss-slaying honors this map (since Murdoch is an Axe-wielding General) with her Armorslayer, and Shanna gets to visit the Secret Shop. While I don't intend on buying any stat booster, I want to grab a bunch of Bolting tomes for Lilina.
gaCOvWc.png
Gale and Murdoch, Bern commanders. They will not make this easy for me.
RvEhg9a.pngWsI29pM.pnguZV9RfB.pngjayGYnl.png
Murgleis and the Saint's Staff, get. Yodel is a decent unit who comes with S-Staves, but he's also male (and Niime's a better staffer anyways)
bZmGrIk.pngnnQtfZe.png
I send a mobile force right, consisting of all my fliers and mounted healers. While this force looks cool, the sad truth is that every unit there except for Miledy and Tate will get torn to shreds by the enemy wyverns on this map, who have like 20STR/13SPD/18DEF on the unpromoteds (and the Wyvern lords have somewhere in the range of 38Mt with their Silver lances).
ny1igtx.png
The rest of my forces head south, with Wendy leading the way as usual. Again, there are a lot of units here, but only 3 real frontliners in Fir, Wendy and Sophia, and 2 2-range damage dealers in Lilina and Dorothy. Everyone else is here for moral support/healing
DDi32yb.pngILC66sx.pngLxkEGU5.png
The first EP is rather uneventful, with some minor chip damage coming in from both sides.
72g0Mnu.pngJX3mwk5.png
Cecilia showcases here (for the first time, I think), why she's a better unit that Clarine. Her Anima rank lets her use Aircalibur and chip even Wyvern Lords for a hefty chunk of damage. Also note that the Wyvern Lords can do SIXTEEN damage to my flying tank...
ZxFJVA1.png
Tate also eats a hit finishing off a Wyvern Rider.
EhoDaRc.pngA4oHfMK.pngO1ZLfcE.png
Just showing off how miserably bad Shanna and Juno's combat parameters are here against even the unpromoted Wyvern Riders. They have to fall back, grabbing Cecilia and Clarine in the process, leaving Miledy and Tate to fend for themselves
HyGTxN7.pnghUeqtAP.pngH3GS4TW.png
Meanwhile, Fir gets a mediocre level clearing out a threat on the left flank. She's 1 point from capping Str and Spd.
D61uh0f.pngO4FduPg.pngRUNjJ2r.png
I heal up my frontliners, as they're going to have to fight for their lives soon
rRsrFu5.pngOWG3LPf.png4njXoN0.png
This EP starts off pretty well...
qHVOFT1.png
...I get bailed out here hard by the RNG. That Wyvern Rider DOUBLES Cecilia, but thankfully she dodges both and retaliates with a huge Aircalibur.
TtdUCoH.pngwuToX35.png
Reinforcements. It's at this point where I start to fear for my life.
JvmqRyY.pngqAL2Xe0.pngEJLV9Rp.png
At the top front, Tate clears out a Sage, but she's starting to get dangerously low
88nRUwg.pngVLRfwRU.pngjeB20CW.png
I'm forced to divert Niime (and Lalum, to some extent) north to heal them back up, otherwise Tate is at a huge risk of dying on EP. I'd like to reiterate that the enemies on this map are NOT messing around.
ExMR8pL.pngBklOJFL.pngmHvdY3t.pngQ49g8aJ.png
I clear out the closer enemies here on the left side and pray EP goes well
K2wEvhB.pngvobRrKD.png
I'm set up and ready for EP. Sophia's in a bit of a perilous location, and Tate has a chance of death if she gets ganged up on.
MzqbdRz.pngvP1LIdu.pngl1sIQHk.pngzFpVeEw.png
Miledy and Tate starts this EP off on a good foot, even if Miledy still doesn't want to cap her speed. Those Wyvern Lords are SCARY, by the way. That one has a whopping 40 Mt, making him capable of OHKO-ing pretty much every healer in my army. I believe the Wyvern Lords have ~17 AS, too.
BAe4zo0.pngHJQ334w.png
I also forget about Wyvern Rider ranges again. Cecilia again bails me out by dodging both Javelin throws.
AekxAoS.pngkfeVZRK.pngWbIWHsA.png7839dnH.png
Lilina survives through what turns out to be an exceptionally perilous EP for her.
5SSmgps.pngg3vrZny.png
Sophia vaporizes some Wyverns to finish off the EP.
JTKat9K.pngS9IOPLf.png
Cecilia thanks me for my tactics with a toptier level. I think unpromoted Wendy had better stats than that.
4XB9NNp.pngvzsndce.png
Tate and Miledy show off why they're my favorite characters in this game (Jesus that WL hits HARD)!
51NuggG.pngtyFS007.pngGxWqQcC.png
Frontliners on the left clear out some breathing room...
7QHpXev.pngbf6DlxG.pngI1FSVBD.png
I prepare for the onslaught that's coming to me by letting Sophia Nosferatank (I already burned through her first Flux tome. Yeah.).
aiSAM5z.png3FhdVr4.png
Yup. I've thinned the crowd enough on the right side that I feel like it's safe for Shanna to join the fray.
YawdvQr.pngfo1SfLn.png
EP starts off decently, although I realize just HOW precarious Shanna's survival is.
vAPFQNb.pngy0OjCIk.png
Oh dear...
7IKWVae.pngoeifFM7.png
Shanna dodges a bullet (well, 2 Javelins, but yeah) here...
wAVrVnT.png53qz4oZ.png
...but Ellen doesn't, so I'm forced to rewind. The only difference this time is I let Roy soak up some hits for her
cKVgPGw.png0nzH9jb.png
That may have been a poor idea.
lsM9lJB.png2V80H6G.png74g4JTV.png
Shanna and Roy both manage to cheat death...
PUYZV2X.png97XJ2QU.pngWwRn5gE.pngWseOo0h.pngNSQZXEu.png
...and Sophia utterly massacres the 5 enemies coming for her, but burn through half of her Nosferatu tome in the process.
cHkRZG4.png
quFIgP0.png
Yeah. The left front is nowhere near secure, with an entire brigade of dangerous enemies bearing down on me
5vx8WEm.pngiVuZY4n.pngjRdVSAE.pngtbgOsTs.png
Miledy, Tate and Shanna have the right side mostly under control for now, or so it seems.

Rest of the parts will come up throughout the day but I'll be uploading around class/projects.

Part 2 of 4. I have to go to class right after this, but I'll try to get the other parts up in a few hours

[spoiler=Chapter 21: Carnage, pt.2]

6CZaQfk.pngGvHD3mx.pngf3wFv8w.png
Over on the left side, I have to clear out the enemies immediately in my face first, and we do just that. Echidna, rather surprisingly, is still making herself somewhat useful, even if it's just chipping Wyverns for a tiny amount of damage, while Dorothy and Sophia clear out the promoted enemies.
Pwr8tX1.png
Sophia gets an excellent level out of the deal, too (well, excellent for someone who's capped her 2 highest growths)!
s6aW8MR.pnggjcI4Rb.pngbGutQQT.png
Igrene and Lilina (and Lalum who dances Lilina) clear out the enemies threatening my back lines
qevwxUl.pngYOs9Zom.png
Setting up for EP. I believe the Falcoknight at the top of the screen is Juno, and she's bringing Niime with her since the left front is going to need her healing badly soon. EP is going to be rather perilous for Sophia because I have flux equipped in a vain attempt to conserve her only Nosferatu tome (I didn't plan this chapter quite as thoroughly as I should have)
PhXf75Z.png
Not a good start.
d7gyZEL.pngsTQOhUD.pngQ2Eq2tp.pngbU7O1lM.pngLge8Gsd.pngjyn9pTH.pngpKueXFK.png
But then this happens. Sophia, you're actually the greatest ever (I'd like to point out that she's sitting on a forest tile. Otherwise, she'd have likely gotten eviscerated by 51Hit/18Dmg Paladins and 54Hit/25Dmg Wyvern Lords.
urhc8Ef.png
That's EP done with!
6Ti1w4S.png
WZLLZZn.png
Even after that 6-kill EP by Sophia, I'm nowhere near out of the woods yet
5atPMNO.pngKmn9Lp3.png
My fliers do seem to have things well under wraps, though.
tWgF7kz.pngd05Iq4p.png
Dorothy knows how to get decent 1-stat level-ups, although at this point I think she outspeeds and doubles any non-Swordmaster enemy.
yabdKwF.pnglZFBa7y.pngq3TMr0Z.png
Fir does what Fir does best, while Sophia continues to be the greatest unit in the history of Fire Emblem (her defense is so unbelievably blessed it blows my mind)
q2pIfHP.pngXVItDZW.pngoUg7ODk.pngPNGrBLE.png
Alright, we should have some breathing room for EP
oZxJeG4.png
Not pictured: Niime Physic-ing Wendy.
XT82T68.png
Here's my setup. The front is just my tougher combat units, with Echidna standing there to try to make sure nothing kills Lilina. Who'd have thought Echidna would remain useful even in endgame?
Ai2EEnh.pngqV6kCAN.png
Tate starts off EP on a good note, getting dodgier and capping Speed.
SNU6qy6.pngMThpV0M.pngUtvoaub.pngGjpyEld.pngEhMBhxY.png
Welcome to the Sophia Massacre Montage. Admission fee, 1 stat-booster (or like 8).
0teNLRD.png
Heh. Yeah, that entire EP hinged on Lalum dodging a 47% hit. It was planned, but terrible planning nonetheless.
UHeJJOX.pngcBR6SX4.pngzdY0F0w.pngHxi6WmP.png
Even so, Wendy and Lilina combine to get her yet another terrible level, and the Western front is somehow mostly clear
bbqLToj.png
Some remaining Wyverns will get baited by Sophia, I'm not scared.
r1oaeDS.png8AVMTHG.png
EP is a go! My lovely ladies out East continue with their own Wyvern massacre
vufc9yZ.png3TfjvbJ.pngcET5mGL.png
I do so love competency in my units
iAqUbnC.pngqnqfB4T.pngli5cEXg.pngw10gL6e.png
Tate and Miledy combine to counterkill a bunch of Wyvern Riders...
aUB51Cr.png
Miledy gets hit, but provides me with an absolutely awesome screenshot.
PX1OHy6.png
oh. Oh no. Yeah, did I mention those Wyvern Lords are INSANE? 2 of them just killed Miledy from over half health...rewind!
xKjAs9D.png18IHIIr.pngwwepBpT.png
EP is a go on left side
NiOOuU3.png0JJIuOb.pngfROOUwF.png
Miledy takes some hits from the small fry this time...
zN7YZVs.png6KBh5gc.pngNe7rdJ7.png
But dodges one Wyvern Lord and therefore stays alive. Nonetheless, it's looking grim for her as PP rolls around
DRAT2ri.pngDCPeS3S.png7A4rvnG.png3NMHe9p.pngJViSu3o.pngsAcuuk7.png
I clear out what's left of the enemy in the left side while I ponder how I should handle this. Niime can't get in range to Physic the right-side, either.
0vRc84M.pngz5uNa7h.png
I start off by taking some slightly risky engagements...
ClNvgjy.png
And then Saint's Staff. I realize my mistake of letting Yodel do this, rewind, and let the idle Ellen who's standing next to him do it instead but you're stuck with this shameful screenshot.
UoMiR3t.pngTALeSv2.pngY79Hods.pngRjZEvu3.png
This is the face of your doom. This is the greatest Sophia the world has ever seen.
1Azt7Jk.pngnQTkorq.png8QHMMW8.pngt37Ha9e.pngKpqRd5u.pngRBw6vbl.png
Miledy and Tate, after that healing, have things well under control, so it was worth 1/3 of the Saint's Staff.
wjD3xNU.png2vpwdVJ.png
Fir forgets how to critical, though :(
vw3yDIm.pngxKTpAKr.pngLYeagIH.png
I believe this is the end of EP. We're looking good!
c2BNH71.pngCAlehLF.pngQbZuqxf.png
Kills are good. This level is NOT. I mean, I get that she's maxed three stats, but still. YOU NEED ONE MORE SPEED, YOU HAVE A 45% GROWTH THERE)
wUmqekS.pngdoOSRjN.pngSCkoemj.png
On Player Phase, I move Niime closer to the right so that she can Physic support if necessary. In the meantime, Some more Wyvern lords get blasted out of the sky.

Back from class! Part 3/4 here

[spoiler=Chapter 21: Carnage, pt.3]

vWs4wbL.pngdA8sHgc.pngVfpUWwE.png
Same player phase, I clean up the left side Wyverns with what units I have remaining, and Echidna gets a completely irrelevant level.
rb7GNnj.png1q3F1IC.png
The wyverns never stop. Let's see how EP turns out
G1oZdQW.pngdbG7rh4.pngjCN8L8R.pngVKhZpHe.pngEazEO5n.pngS0TwivD.png
Miledy is the master wyvern. The rest of these wyvern scrubs can just get out...
FfSESyp.pngOA0ci7x.pngSBQQyA4.png
...and then she cheats death. I probably shouldn't have been so cocky. Also, her Killer Lance breaks, leaving her with an iron and a javelin. This is starting to get pretty freaking bad, since Tate is struggling to KO those Wyvern Lords too
ZGKolV3.pngu2Qjvy9.png0w94shk.png
Good things happen on the eastern front. Those dodges by Lilina are very important...
QG3t26o.pngfSqGhSi.png
..because THIS happens. At least she retaliates for massive harm
tIVQdVt.pngVVG2uQI.png
Miledy endures some final potshots, and then it's Player Phase again
aGhd6vQ.pngHnHkypd.png
I have Miledy take a parting shot at a Wyvern Lord from 2-range, but the other WL is still on full HP and it's being way too risky. Niime's also still not in range to restore Miledy and I don't want to blow another Saint's Staff charge, so I pack up and flee
A67M9Ry.pngX85fLVX.pngx8ivs4J.pngRg86aNE.png
Wendy gets another awful level, but the left side is about done with their Wyverns and mostly ready to help my brave two fliers.
UhQxMbj.pnghADy9i9.pngoNT0K44.png
Some maintenance, and we're ready to rumble
jTWP0H0.png
RULyQyj.png
My position at end of Player phase. I mess up the double-screenshot view, but you get the picture
FvXIEmQ.png8tiIJVG.png
Start of Player Phase, I make Tate go down and drop her cargo.
UjFZFR8.png
You did good, Miledy. You did real good.
5kZVOb7.pnggqjKyAq.pngBeVMByZ.png
Pretty uneventful enemy phase happens, and the wyverns draw close
Z4fsny5.png
Start of Player Phase
rhon4CH.pnggfi4EPP.pngErnCQe0.png
Let's get these annoying archers out of the way first...
7Aw58IE.pngWJYu4zf.png
She OHKO's the WL, and gets a crap level out of the equation. Nonetheless, she OHKO'D THE WL, so I'm cool with it
7mFB96I.png6FCA9on.pngbNfd8kp.png
Clean out the scrubs
RkojLKR.pngjCjI8v2.pngFTFR1Hz.png
Yeah. I danced Shanna. And she got a kill. This is actually because she's about to be on her way to the secret shop
BHXVBBI.png
End of PP
kr6S2aK.pngeqJT9Rk.pngt0KKRsF.png
EP is uneventful, as my team dodges would-be painful hits (Echidna's dodge is important, because I think otherwise the Javelin Wyverns would have ganged up on her and she had decent odds of dying)
u2wCI9p.pngfhnZZnD.png
The wyverns are done (Tate's critting in that picture)
pn2RTW6.pngK6XSicZ.pngNHImxfX.png
Alright, we're ready to tackle the boss!
CVVdgKj.pngHII9rKv.pngI4jkF51.png
Main threats on the way to the boss.
JUbIztU.png
#1 down.
E3DMlOW.pngTdQlF6c.png
Here's the only siege tome on the map, a bolting sage in the boss room. Not too threatening, honestly
xgOluUI.pngwSvI6kw.png
Speaking of Bolting, Lilina nukes manakete #1 for almost half his life
YbwL77C.png
And next turn, I move Roy's A-support in range of her to finish it off
pHxPvld.pngzJXLyPO.pngmHPchKr.png
Wendy is on my other dragonslaying duties. We're almost done, guys!
nLYMOWD.png
OH SHFOQAWIRJOQWIRJ I FORGOT ABOUT THIS GUY. EP REINFORCEMENT WYVERNS FROM EVERYWHERE
FjLlVoz.png
Wendy's duel with the dragon continues, but this isn't what I'm worried about.
RJoKEO9.pngCgsE0OE.pngr5Sf7w8.pngoaytuOX.pngIawVxWj.pngVVvh9nq.png
Holy hell. Shanna, on her way to the Secret Shop, just got JUMPED so hard. Thankfully, dodging is one thing in life that she isn't an utter failure at, as she had to dodge at least 3/4 of those attacks.
hnrI6DF.png
Lilina blasts the bottom WK so Shanna can fly out, and then I'll heal her and everything will be fine! (remember these words)
8OfpxMQ.pngICBW6El.png
Wendy is a dragonslayer and I'm unbelievably proud of her. Now, she's going to have to hold off a whole bunch of Wyverns
4awWiFY.png
Tate's on her way to protect Shanna and take out the right-side Wyverns (Miledy is on her way up, too)
Gz10Y6u.pngcQgY11M.pngxe12QPm.png
Here's Gale (the WL in the screenshot). He's the reinforcement boss guy, Miledy's lover, Zeiss' commander, and UNRECRUITABLE. I feel really bad for newer players who would spend ages trying to recruit this guy then miss the gaiden turn count :(. He's also extremely tough if ever so slightly slow, and can give Miledy a hard time in a 1v1 with more Str/Def but getting doubled. Essentially, he's dangerous.
6z84fpC.png
Yeah, remember when I said I'd fly Shanna away and heal her? I forgot to do the 2nd part, but luckily she dodges the coinflip
PVhpUWB.pngJjD3ZhE.pngQo7kHOI.png7GVhHFs.png
Meanwhile, down south, the one woman army obliterates a squadron of Wyverns. Fir and Wendy are also down there, Wendy helping out Sophia and Fir making a beeline for the bossroom
blavKd9.png8O7mf3e.png
On PP, I have Sophia pull out Nosferatu as she gets an UNBELIEVABLY good level.
Nmzp2Ym.png2Kwg4Q9.png
Yeah. Gale's tough, but he's vulnerable to Wyvern Lord weaknesses, and I take him out before he even gets a single attack off. RIP Gale, I wish I could have had you :(
VzRPUSc.png
Wendy has a small army of Wyverns to fend off down south, but most of them can't really harm her and they have low Hitrates.

[spoiler=Chapter 21: Carnage, pt.4]

oUrlocv.png
Fir prepares to counter Wyverns if need be too, while running for the throne room. I'd use the KE, but I need the raw Mt of the Sivler Sword. I really regret not handing her a Wyrmslayer for this map, but I messed up my planning so this'll have to do.
EE4nQdI.pngg7fgfAv.pngjjyycpn.png
My ladies up top clear out some threats. Tate has been absolutely incredible for me this map, and Lilina's raw damage is stunning, even if she can't double.
womIvks.png
NOT HELPING, THOUGH.
kaClLkt.png
This is going to be a really sketchy EP. Niime and Lalum are both exposed, and i'm facing pretty dangerous hitrates. Also, Note Juno (far left Falcoknight)'s positioning. I currently have Cath and Clarine riding in saddlebags, because they're at the highest risk of dying if anything touches them
neRDSOA.png
*sigh* I messed up Echidna's positioning a little, but this turn will never be lethal for her.
geq5ViP.png
Good job! She faces some pretty nasty potential damage this EP, too
twehOLJ.png
Jesus.
CqDeEYb.pngsmsBayt.pngaKXyi3R.pngMYMO5O6.pngQFBJvJo.png
Niime's tells those pesky Wyverns to get the hell off her lawn, and gets a great level in the process. I'm lucky Steel Lances and Javelins are so awful. I feel like IS would have been better off giving those WK's Irons...
FweGj9J.pngV9W64Q0.png
Tate...:(
F0PxCto.pngXI7EzQ2.png
Player phase seems simple enough for me this time, there aren't many things to kill off
glgFdRZ.png
We good!
GMUqOjV.pngziSvqek.png4JhMScv.png
Perfect
CL1Mp3p.png3b1PAa9.png
And then I realize an enemy snuck in range of Juno and ORKO's her with a Javelin. Rewind and reposition
DnM8cVY.png33pQ9pC.pngYJMm9Gm.png
EP plays out a little differently this time, but nothing catastrophic
x6ykfyJ.png6xKDcPC.pngHLLrAkR.png
Lesser-used combat units get to pick up kills on PP because my units are overcommitted everywhere
XxDT1UB.pngYtD0CCf.png
Stars are still starring
G33H6in.png
EXCEPT FOR THIS. She's gotten 1HP, 1DEF in like her last 5 levels. Come on, girl :(
K4TJm2C.png2Q8iQMS.pngDvyXrBJ.png
My backliners are in exposed positions, but they're sure getting work done.
2PJjak1.png
GmJKHKJ.pngTQ9A7jR.png
Meanwhile, the bottom front is an absolute MESS. Sophia picks one off, while Fir ignores the Wyverns and heads further in, and Wendy just stands there (if she attacks the WL and gets hit by the counter, she's at risk of death next EP)
jWxCqsH.png
Excellent
dlqixsR.pngKZpYlga.png
Lilina fries two daring WK's with a low CoD
TbuFzcI.pngkw0twH0.png64vAt0I.png
SOPHIA GETS HIT BY 3 30s IN A ROW. HELP
6k4Ph2o.png
It's ok, she's just teasing me
bsyjhMo.png
Wendy continues to be a rock (both the WL and Wendy miss)
iDKPcBd.png
Yeah. She started with 3 fluxes (around 80 uses, one was 20/30) and a full Nosferatu. Having used ~100 tome charges this chapter, and 2HKO-ing every enemy she's faced with ~80 hit (90 true hit), she's killed off ~40-45 enemies by my reckoning, and hasn't died once (this is the closest she's gotten). Absolutely nuts.
hjIuGeN.png
PP resumes. Fir eviscerates the Bolting Sage, leaving 2 scrubby armors and Murdock left in the throne room.
PlrAo0L.pngsTlwJ4I.pngKMFof2N.png
Dorothy shoots a WK out of the sky, while Ellen gets Mag patching up THWOMPY
lJT9yv1.png7omHmrd.pnghqU7jD4.pngFSs7npv.png
Pretty cool EP for her. She sadly can't double those WL's since she's gotten unlucky lately with speed procs, but she definitely keeps them distracted
K9DdU7G.png
Start of PP. Miledy's on her way down to aid Wendy.
6iDF945.pngMzPcxsJ.png
Sophia breaks her last time ORKO-ing one of the WL's, and...yeah. MORE DEFENSE. WHAT. Three Def levels in a row off a 20% growth while slaughtering an entire army of Wyverns on her own. Absolutely incredible~
A19a3Nb.pngBbMJf1a.png
Lilina breaks her bolting, which perfectly finishes the 41HP WL
qWgCjzj.pngKb7XxQR.png
She gets boosted forward to finish a scrubby WK
XLhOh6x.pngXptPr9x.pngaYeskHL.png
And they're all down. Just in time, too
CpIyDS6.pngXen4i9K.png
Since I refuse to buy stat-boosters, I just have Shanna pick up 5 bolting tomes. Maybe I should have gotten more in hindsight, but it should be enough...
J8DUefK.png6cgLTk3.png1ggYOzP.png
Oh, I think Fir has a very good chance against you, Murdock. This fight is exceptionally one-sided. Luckily for me, because I totally forgot to steal the Knight's Crest first (I still don't know what I'm bothering honestly), Fir doesn't crit.
ECngHTe.png
So I don't have to rewind this amazing level as she caps Str and Spd.
TQyNQ16.pngH19mD1i.pnggqWBvqg.png
I did have to rig her to NOT crit on EP, though, because I want to vindicate the fact that I brought Cath to this stupid map (Sue at least could have chipped or rescued someone)
xsXKv9N.png
I also prepare to have Sophia finish off Murdock, because let's get real here, she deserves it most for her performance on this map. That means that Niime has to give her a flux tome, since, yknow, Sophia ran out.
a8w58EO.png
Fir just keeping Murdock low while Cath and Sophia make their way over via the Juno and Tate express.
02lCgKx.pngAvSaFs4.png
Knight Crest get, Tate hits 1/2 to chip Murdock down to 12
i70yMOI.png
Letting Sophia OHKO him. She doubles, but at that hitrate, I wanted some insurance
xDewKR6.pngoMnGYZm.png
Meanwhile, Shanna's headed up to the starting location shops. I overreact a little to the events of this chapter and buy 9 flux tomes, to go with a bunch of silver weapons.
oqQdG08.pngyqNreho.png
Well, that was utterly insane, but I make it cleanly within the time limit without warpskipping and seize. I think I could have had Fir kill Murdock as early as T21 or 22 EP, but I had to take a few turns getting Cath/Sophia here, and getting Shanna to the upper shops again.

Unit review coming up, since a lot of levels have been gained since C18

[spoiler=C21 Unit Review]

As before, I'm going over every unit that I can deploy in this section, and I'll bold the stats that I think are especially noteworthy/important. If they've used stat boosters, I adjust their stats accordingly such that it's their stats without boosters that's compared to averages (that's why Wendy/Sophia don't have +7.x HP due to Angelic Robe usage)

DiUu351.png
Same old lord. He'll finally get to promote after C21x, but:

Hit level 20 during Chapter 5. Carried the hell out of the early game, but is mostly just used for chipping now. That being said, he honestly still has decent combat stats, I just don't like wasting exp. He's definitely an above-average Roy, though.

Compared to averages:
+0.8/+1.4/-1.5/+2.4/+0.6/-0.75/+1.3
qcKzLp4.png
Oh Wendy. No longer the star of my run, her level ups have dried a little lately, too. That being said, she's still a massive tank, great frontliner and Dragonslayer, even if she can no longer really ORKO things effectively. She's still a hugely important frontliner and my Armads user. Slightly below average offensively, slightly above average defensively.
Compared to averages (1 Angelic Robe, 1 Secret Book):
-0.05/+0.8/-2.2/-2.2/+1.15/+3.1/-0.3
VFa4wuJ.pngLvc2A2Y.png
Tate doesn't deserve to be grouped with Shanna anymore. Instead, I have my 2 flying, death-dealing machines grouped together. They were unbelievably awesome in C21, pretty much handling the entire right side of the map by themselves, with limited healing support and no backup, and they did an incredible job of it. Miledy still refuses to max speed or gain luck, though, and she's TECHNICALLY below average, even though she's still amazing. My Tate is also pretty defensively blessed, which is definitely helping her out.
Compared to averages (Miledy used 1 Talisman):
T: +1.55/-0.55/0/0/+0.45/+3.02/+0.55
M: 0/0/0/-1/-4.75/+0.5/+0.75
3VgwJl8.png
Awesome, in this Wyvern-infested hellhole that is Bern, and after the Peg-infested wasteland that was Ilia, Dorothy has really come into her own. She's even more unbelievably speed-blessed and skill-screwed than last time, but is otherwise still my reliable and useful 2-range Sniper.
Compared to averages:
-2.8/-1/-6.6/+4.4/-0.8/+1.8/+1.8
S2Ajhcf.png
Fir has really come into her own as my best late-game boss-slayer and critical machine who gets high hitrates due to the nature of swords. Getting strength procs to go with her Energy Ring has really pushed her over the top, and she's also one of my most reliable frontliners and a dodging machine. Overall, she's probably outperforming Wendy as a ground-bound frontliner now, which is pretty impressive. Overall, she's slightly above average, but doesn't have that much further to grow.
Compared to averages(1 Energy Ring):
+2.15/+0.45/-3/+1.4/+1.1/+0.15/+0.44
Jihivti.png
Lilina...you were so good early game, and you still hit like a truck, but your inability to gain speed means that you can't double and you're now relegated to killing off Wyvern Riders, or chipping Wyvern Lords, and some bolting utility. Nonetheless, she's still very useful for dishing out large amounts of anti-resistance damage at high hitrates.
Compared to averages (1 Angelic Robe):
+1.7/0/+3.2/-2.9/0/+0.6/-0.9
bs53EMl.png
I decided to leave the best of my combat units for last. Sophia. Where do I even begin. I got you late (C14), fed you every stat booster I owned, and over time you developed into the greatest combat unit to ever live. You're unbelievably defense blessed (+6.2 LOL WTF), capped Magic like 10 levels ago, can ORKO pretty much any enemy in the game, take no damage from anyone, and dodge most attacks that go your way anyways. You are the most awesome Sophia I've ever seen.
Compared to Averages (1 Angelic Robe, 1 Secret Book, 3 Speedwings, 2 Goddess Icons, 1 Dragonshield, 1 Body Ring):
-0.4/+0.3/+2.4/-1.2/+0.2/+6.2/+0.3
yYCABzb.png8MktpbV.png
You two heal things, restore things, stay far away from battle, and try not to die. Niime is miles better in most ways, but Ellen has the advantage of S Staves and access to the Saint's Staff going for her. I had dreams early on about making Ellen my Aureola user, but she dashed every single one of them by sucking and never becoming a passable combat unit. Aureola can just rot in the convoy.
Compared to averages:
Ellen: +2.3/-3/+3.2/-2.2/-4.2/+0.7/+2.4
Niime: Irrelevant, she comes at L18 with dumpster growths.
H3LBMDS.png
You're useful for dancing things, but die occasionally. Useful and sometimes necessary.
Compared to averages: +1.5 HP, 0 SPD, -1 LUK, +1 DEF, -1.5RES
vvZQNKb.png4Aj9Dq3.png
My combat reservists. While they have different roles (Echidna is a frontliner mostly), they're both relegated to chipping at this point, and they make themselves useful when they're called up, but don't really cut it as primary combat units at this phase in the game.
Compared to averages:
I: She gained 1 level and it sucked. Who cares?
E: -0.25/-1.1/-0.75/+0.9/+0.6/-0.05/-0.05
tghGSGd.pngjOydIte.png
You both suck and disappoint me. Clarine can use physic but it's useless and short range because her Magic is awful. Cecilia can use Aircalibur but it's useless because she's made of paper and has no speed. You can languish on the bench together until when I randomly feel like deploying an extra restore staff user.
Compared to averages:
Clarine: +1.4/-2.2/+0.4/-3/+1.1/-1.4/-1.6
Cecilia: -0.4/+0.6/-0.8/-1/-1/-0.8/0
OghNzxg.png8sJCbxP.png
You know, I thought Shanna was bad, until Juno came along. You occasionally get to visit shops or ferry people around by this point. Maybe I'll use you to set up a triangle attack for Tate one day, but I doubt it. On the bright side, Shanna's speed level up last level puts her right on average for that, so she's no longer below average for EVERY stat.
Compared to averages:
J: STILL AT BASE
S: -1.8/-3.2/-2.2/0/-3.4/-0.4/-2
bmLwvY8.png
You steal things for me and get me $. I appreciate that
Compared to averages:
STILL AT BASE
leIgCFi.png
I hate everything about you and you'll never see combat again, you utter disappointment.
Compared to averages:
-1.8/-1.8/+2.2/+0.6/0/-0.6/-1.4
XcTam5i.png
LOL.

Super busy this week, but I'll try to squeeze out 21x sometime tonight or tomorrow. No promises about 22 though, depends on how much homework/studying I get done and how fast

Edited by elf_01

[spoiler=Chapter 21x: Terrible Traps and Trash Treasure, pt.1]

So this map, like every other Gaiden, has some gimmick that's supposed to add challenge but really fails at that. In this case, there are a bunch of trapped tiles which, when a unit ends their turn on it, deals some inconsequential amount of damage I really don't care about. Also, there are 6 treasure chests on this map but I'm not bothered to open any of them. A random three of them contain elixirs and I really don't need the money at this point (I still have 2 Knight's Crests to sell if I needed to buy more supplies, and I'm pretty set on gear for the rest of the game honestly), while the other 3 will have a manakete pop out, and I don't feel like fighting them (Lilina or Sophia will melt them and get 3exp, whoop).

Zle0HFx.pngptCJ0Ml.png
Small team this time, and every unit can at least contribute in a fight. The enemies will defend the legend to their death, and death is coming a'knocking right now.
ALrZ4IG.pngJHaRS5j.png
So the map's other gimmick is that it encourages the player to split their team up, and since I want to slay all the enemies, I do exactly that. Both sides have plenty of competent fighters at this point, so I don't anticipate any enemies in my way being much of a challenge. This map is also nominally a Fog of War map, but units have a 8-tile vision range, so it barely matters. (There's like 1 status staff user hiding in the dark somewhere, and that's it.)
URrzQwY.pngpBx6JPr.pngfnF8zR8.pngEpVDweu.png
Some enemies throw themselves upon my weapons on EP, and I will gladly oblige their masochism (except Tate, who misses a 94)
ItxdlHL.pngQPN5e7M.png
Well, I guess that's the only way for some scrubby mercenary to actually damage Wendy. The smarter ones attack from 2-range and stay alive for now...
aAEDMcF.pngYXuayKG.pngkbIIXhJ.pngGqd53Ou.png
MURDER DEATH KILL.
Ni7YVAa.png
Left front has run out of enemies already. Let's see how the right side's doing:
rWJPmA9.pngObqVMkT.png
Dorothy is clearly the superior sniper (I fail to capture her crit here)
FmgeNht.pngARmbO0O.pngaKv1Gzy.png
They stood no chance, none at all :(
qbtLD9O.pngUcUgTii.png
Right side's done good. Wendy baits a knight into her axe...
MuvmHEp.png2qWIvCh.png
...and the poor knight gets removed from the game for...SOPHIA'S FOURTH DEFENSE LEVEL IN A ROW. WHAT IS HAPPENING?
V9gtk3q.pngKzahTXg.png
Some poor lining up aside, here is the end of PP.
rwOU1Su.png
Wendy laughs at your WTA.
jlhU6x1.pngFry7zvg.png
Dorothy, on the other hand, opts to go for the traditional double-crit in retaliation against this impudent General for a good level. She could gain nothing but strength and hp from now on and I'd be happy with her, too.
8k0SfWc.pngUjeiR9d.png
Back on EP, enemies get punished for daring to attack my units
My9STgF.pngOsKra3W.png
Wendy hits 1/2 and gets a level she desperately needs.
WRjCTHC.png
Tate the great.
TnCypPh.png
Only enemy remaining on this side is that Sniper Wendy injured
G8FYgJr.pngSzuGxpx.pngNMamyFM.png
Meanwhile, on the left side, Ellen sees some rare action while the rest of my units position for EP
afozi0w.pngdMWPSAU.png
Fir doesn't double-crit, but that's a real hefty chunk of damage nonetheless
89Awty2.pngy1fCApB.pngA9qZL1P.png
Snipers fail to snipe. Time to punish them!
KDABiVG.pngKHtmk5T.png
Right side is out of enemies for now, time to move up
sqvpmAj.pngoNITwrg.png7fLZAjS.png
Left side does good...
7IiiupP.pngicfuGHR.png
...except Fir fails to crit this guy (~50% chance to crit at least once and ORKO), so he gets to take another potshot next EP
yvpmwUH.png
Not that it does him any good...
VosSeuM.pngk2YDt4B.pngRr2RzO9.png
Lilina disapproves of this sniper trying to hurt her, and gets...*gasp* SPEED! Probably too little, too late at this point, but at least she isn't getting doubled by things...
8xtXjzN.png
Irrelevant overkill crit leads to Fir Invisibility screenshot.
1On1cQv.png
Left side's pretty clean out of enemies too
wXtJP8T.pngzGPU1UO.pngP4mmCJr.png8efIqt1.png
Right side eats some enemies alive, but honestly there's nothing that can come near to threatening my best combat units at this point. I guess this map is a nice change of pace after the frenetic slaughter that was C21, though.
sKZai2I.pngs32RdA3.png
Same deal on the left. Even when they hit, they barely scratch Miledy
yLIEmIH.png
Meh. Good thing it's the only status staff on the map so I don't even need my restore users. I didn't know that at the time, though, so I sit in place for a few turns
Bcs5qye.png
No enemies left, just letting the Silence guy use up his staff.
FENb7GV.pngx4px3Yx.pngMMJGj5o.png
Second one hits. I am not amused.
o5ATkJt.png
Fir conveys my best regards.
NbN8W69.pngNryIlGL.pngLFc3ZkM.png
Ready to roll!
MNta79A.png
10 Damage! That's almost half of a random enemy's attack at this point. Jeez IS, could you at least make C21x traps challenging?
SQRMGU3.pngNKSmIO8.png
Luck and HP are decent stats now that STR/SPD are capped.
3vqDMK0.pngt6ETKYp.png
End turn. Why are there even unpromoted enemies left at this stage of the game?
7jFwXWm.png7l2VaqD.pngIX80URU.png
Aforementioned unpromoteds have a bad day.
7QSmMMo.png
Huge empty expanse of map, as my right team tries to find more enemies to smite
gwvjvNi.pngRRNE09w.png7sc0Lh4.png
Well, I guess the traps are doing more damage than the crappy enemy units...
nnuTztA.png
Miledy actually gets sort of low here, although she's never at any risk of death
P0nPXgb.pnge8UtXQB.png
Especially no risk of death now.
WPGuh43.png
This general doesn't move, but he's actually pretty impressive!
Jn0n4GE.pngh1NOuof.pngF1kZD1K.png
He had 53 HP. An enemy who doesn't get ORKO'd by a Sophia Flux is really rare, although I just take the opportunity to feed Tate a little more. Rest of right team moves up after.
kxPIus1.pngILhpOxM.pngQp85bsp.png
Left team finds only token opposition in their way, too.
Edited by elf_01

[spoiler=Chapter 21x: Terrible Traps and Trash Treasure, pt.2]

8aYxGjY.png

Team Left moves up

ZHAGGhh.pngmmtTyvW.png
As does Team Right.
EePEwPw.png9LoQvuy.pngUD07v54.pngD2TEqLK.png
Threats on EP are minimal. Theoretically, Miledy could have gotten Critical'd by the Berzerker for 51 damage, and then critical'd by the Sniper, or critical'd by Berzerker and hit by both bows and died, but I don't want to think about just how astronomically unlikely it would be (it's around 2-3% with some quick calculations, not factoring in devil axe backfire chance).
tEpa7Zg.png
WHY :(
9srSpid.pngbt5HpJ5.pngH6UHOph.png
Lilina burns the archer, and Milady/Fir get two excellent screenshots eviscerating the Sniper
RQsMPzO.png
Left team ends the turn.
zbMCMAG.pngeoYeguc.pngDTkuqGO.png
Right side doesn't get as many enemies to kill, but they make do
wZ0epPR.png
Ouch (this is mid-hit I believe, Wendy wasn't as a risk of death)
LZttH8f.pngXWRl53s.pngInFA1AC.png
This is a surprisingly accurate Druid, as Tate picks up a sad level and gets fixed up
KJCct2Q.png
Dorothy ends Mr. Accurate Druid.
JI8SDcD.png
Literally nothing happens on EP
LS9q5HJ.pngpSDIhKR.png
Such a fair fight. Unfortunately Fir doesn't crit, and then takes a solid 0 damage from a trap. What on earth? (Afaik, these REALLY bad traps do 10-Def damage...how is this difficulty appropriate for C21x...)
FkwwV3i.pngpVkWx8h.png
Miledy claims the Berserker for a level which is at least not empty like her last two, although SHE STILL REFUSES TO CAP SPEED
DxWlNUJ.png
Teams begin to converge
BE2Osyu.pngBKUa9eT.png
Tate ORKO's the druid here, and gets C-Swords. This is important, not because it lets her wield Killing Edges (although those will be useful for her too), but rather because it lets her use the Wyrmslayer. I want to bring her to the final chapter and I want her to be relevant, but since Miledy has dibs on Maltet, Tate being able to use the Wyrmslayer lets me bring her along.
gB8kUxL.png
Brave Sword guy guards the throne room. He's not very threatening though, with a pitiful 27Mt.
3hqpMmg.png
Npv4Obs.png
ITdoJeZ.pngbB2FZHx.png2iESHpy.png
I chip him a few times for the hell of it...
ji7pT7k.png
...before letting Fir finish
8XmCDGE.png
C7WZBvV.png
3 Druids, including the boss, are all that remain
o6Hiyyc.png
My druids are better than yours
Q9vrViE.png
The stupid druids don't even move!
Zg92mL9.png
So I decide to have Dorothy murder the remaining nameless druid.
G35vG7V.pngImO0su0.png
Fir misses her first hit, crits on the second hit. That's a LOT of damage from a killing edge, what do his stats look like?
gv2SQrT.pngsjyYljU.png
Awful. The only thing this guy has going for him is Nosferatu, and with his puny hitrate on my dodgier units, he stands no chance
d2guTTS.pngYBMCb7b.png
Tate ends the poor fool.
dq0KINJ.pnge4b40nB.pnggfo5bKw.png
This was a way more relaxed and easy 24 turns than the last chapter, that's for sure. I acquire Sophia's method of OHKO-ing manaketes.
k37W9k3.pngyTQkSwa.pngxmtViB9.png
Roy gets the Binding Blade and is now able to gain exp again for the first time in 22 chapters (16 main chapters, 6 gaidens). His combat stats are a little underwhelming but still respectable, and he'll gain exp at a very fast rate compared to the rest of my high level characters. Besides, I'm sure his lover Lilina will be happy to feed him a few kills since she's too slow to ORKO anyways
Edited by elf_01

Here's another long chapter (not quite as long as C21, but I think this is the second longest in the run), and here's part 1/4.

[spoiler=Chapter 22: Bern it Down, pt.1]

Here's probably my favorite chapter in FE6, and the last chapter if you didn't get all 8 legendary weapons. It feels very fitting as the mighty kingdom's last stand, and it's not quite as unbelievably frenetic as as C21, or as boring and empty as C12, or as stupidly gimmicky as the gaidens. There are no real secondary objectives, except for 6 chests on the map that I'll be looting. Also, since Cath is deployed, I'm going to have her steal Zephiel's Hero Crest for kicks and giggles.

Also, blah, I typed up half of this post, then SF lost it and I'm sad.

Z8nAAl1.pngvjipGde.png47tNMqt.png
Chapter info. Roy finally gets to get exp again, and Clarine is brought for an extra restore staff over the Falcoknights. Cath is brought for looting.
v12DC2c.pngMjehycB.png46hIf5A.png
Objectives. The two heroes are guarding switches that need to be hit to enable Roy to unlock the throne room door. Throne room cannot be unlocked via standard unlocking tools.
GEJbfL3.pngvEghi2w.pngKOGZ9X3.png
Both status staffers are in this picture. They have enough staff range to cover starting areas
dPC2yqv.pngyJgeh3p.png
Team is split. High movement combat units to the left, 6 moves to the right. Left side has more ground to cover, and the three units I have there are extremely durable and able to clear it. Right team is everyone else I have, including most of my magic power.
ppc2o8U.png
This is my favorite chapter title in the game, too.
vLheQVy.png
Yes. Fir tore him apart because he chose to use a Tomahawk.
A6CHydb.pngjcOzbLZ.png9rm3nzB.png
Idoun and Brunja clear out. I'm probably happy that Brunja's not going to be blasting me with her Bolting.
kkNeIu4.png
Brunja's an awesome character <3 I fell in love with her because ChinaFE was the first FE hack I played, and Brunja was the utterly awesome Seth replacement in that hack.
0NVTF8A.pngKUvfNQV.pngehAgrXz.png
Exposition, telling players how to do the chapter
qfBsqY1.pngn36s4Ro.png
Right side hero. His choice of weapon and stats (he's REALLY slow) mean that Sophia and Fir will tear him apart
prFRM3z.pngBL9JNaK.png
Left-side hero. Pitiful 27 Mt and Brave Sword's 12Wt. reducing him to 18AS means that Miledy will double him while taking almost nothing in return.
keJLADn.pngUMpBZkz.png
Statuses are annoying. I choose to sit at start locations and wait them out.
piUlqng.pngzCE5qWG.pngx6LSbHp.png
Valkyries and Troubadours suck.
0kijUvl.pngKKe8nLV.pngh4wTHII.png
Status staves are done, I think
iWK2Fnk.png4Aes84z.png
WHAT? CLARINE, WHERE WERE THESE LEVELS BACK WHEN YOU WERE STILL PART OF THE TEAM?
Eku5rMn.pngxcU5uYe.pngV6aTmRu.png
Both teams move up. I should have dropped Lalum before ending turn, but oh well. No enemies are close enough, so nothing happens on EP.
A38FMl4.png8o3RkXu.png
Cecilia gets a chip in!
Hqt3Gmm.png9nhASLS.png
Ruthlessly efficient.
MnvmCoo.png
I hate all healers. All of them.
o25mxCb.pngOnOZU3F.png
Igrene chips and gets an irrelevant prepromote level-up
WkEw9qH.pngKqmwqVk.png
Dorothy shows her how a REAL sniper does things and caps Strength.
dwMa5PL.png
Roy crits this guy and gets his first kill since the Western Isles.
vKNyY6K.png
End turn. Sophia and Fir are going to be clearing a path for Cath in the right side treasure room, while the other units cautiously advance. Dorothy is positioned to counter ranged enemies across that wall.
Z8OYC7g.pngoucvchf.pngkm7oHYT.png
Nothing really happens on EP for both sides...
cZNiLj0.png
...especially after THIS.
OGXoVfJ.png
Fir undoes the work of the physic jerk.
pju0Yqs.pngWcbxNJ5.png
D'aww. This is like a couple feeding each other at the dinner table, except with slaughter. How romantic~
36U0Zci.pngSLDdGnC.png
Dorothy for best sniper.
VwEKXbY.png
Right side ends turn in a solid position. No real threats on EP incoming
hge21e2.pngQB095oe.png
Tate continues to be awesome. I don't think I've ever had a Tate turn out poorly on HM
fKKegZY.pngVXR3cHY.png
Wendy is still getting ORKOs, while Miledy fails to crit that Hero.
d22im5q.png
H6Lc5XF.png
Left team positioning, feat some minor screenshot fails.
gJHUrRE.png
Yeah. Even a critical wouldn't have killed Sophia, but she definitely clears this fool out.
QhjxUj2.pngnbiz34v.pngCsCcZ1D.png
Miledy and Tate eat some pain on EP, though. No real threat of death here either, but those are annoying hits.
bOLdoSJ.pngcgcXxmH.png
Tate gets her revenge (she hit, druid hit, she crit)
biNJyCx.png
Clarine making use of her 15 health physic from 7 range -_-. I GUESS it's useful...
jkIlf43.pngwsmSjsq.png
Miledy and Wendy remove some more enemies from the map
Ts1w3rh.png
nuBzPcA.png
Left team ends turn. I think Tate is actually at some miniscule (~5%) chance of death this turn, but I'll take it.
Clh0QCa.pngzAQtj2N.png
Right side loots and moves up. Note Roy's positioning this turn...
hw3DFJI.pnguBh47zd.pngvq1EBWJ.png
Bunch of irrelevant things happen this EP...
VlysobH.png
...because THIS GUY ORKO'S ROY. I did not see this coming...
1SAqFNw.png
...a few rewinds later...
OlI1hqr.pngEz5HLKF.pngwGQ46T6.png
Alright, EP ends satisfactorily. Tate's CoD was around 6.5%, while Roy's was ~47%
YocZPQI.png
Sophia and Fir move up even further (I think that's the General next to the switch who she just obliterated)
uSdqNiz.png
While I would NORMALLY give this to Sophia, she has an absurd 19 Def and is 1 off cap, so I'll let someone else have it...
cRXy6bg.pngQswEJDG.png
Miledy just ate back to back crits on PP and EP. Still no risk of death, but damn, that was pretty sketchy
Yc3DMqz.png
Wendy finishes the pesky hero...
OhUJsmK.png
...Clarine makes Miledy's HP a little less scary looking, even though she's still not at any real risk of death
s9xWqBV.png
Tate ends part 1 on a great note.
Edited by elf_01

[spoiler=Chapter 22: Bern it Down, pt.2]

ShcU7fM.png
Cecilia tops Tate off and keeps her healthy since she's been on Druid-slaying duties
YO3vkhg.png
Dg4mCOP.png
End of turn for left team, with the standard shoddily-put-together shots.
JAGDTlB.png
Dorothy hits 1/2...
IIHieR7.png5MYW9WG.png
...which lets Roy get the kill for his first level in 22 chapters. It's a pretty good one, too.
Xdo9a7S.png
So romance.
aTrYf1m.png
Right team ends turn. Dorothy's in range of both the Brave Bow Sniper (who can hurt her heavily but not ORKO her), and the northern Druid, and faces a not insignificant CoD on EP.
vWNCNOj.png
Turns out healing Miledy was a good choice. If that berserker crit and I didn't heal Miledy, it would have been a reset...
5k7K95K.pngHhJhhxP.png
Dorothy and the Brave Bow Sniper duel, leaving both of them seriously wounded. Will the druid hit Dorothy?
8ogCagc.png
Druid decides to heal up the sniper instead of trying to kill Dorothy. I'm perfectly fine with this.
zpvMBei.png
Tate is great.
nI2O7nw.pngxRhKdoN.png
Roy gets his critical revenge on the BBSniper, and gets a meh level out of it
ZIUhIqp.png
Who needs recover staves when you have 30 Mag?
mb5xw3T.png
Cath loots the last right side chest...
97Ot2K8.pngHVtUxmi.png
...Sophia hits 1/2 (oh come on) for THIS level. I'd be sad, but she's already overpowered enough.
zB9uoes.pngy61uXih.png
Fir picks up the same level critting the Hero out of existence. Luckily, she's already capped Str and Spd, so any level up is a luxury for her now.
uDqNEFt.pngYKsBT5L.png
Wendy and Miledy continue at it.
F7giJJr.pngIIhgZRu.pngm1vf3Gm.png
Alright, it's clear now. They can move up next turn and go to Tate's aid (not like she really needs it)
oUgXYtL.png8bswiKU.png
Occurences on EP. Nothing majorly threatening, but it's nice to not have to heal up
u34XW8y.png
1/2.
lEWZhHc.png7z8egG6.png
Dorothy murders the Druid, and gets THIS level up out of it. I'd be sad, but Dorothy's too useful and really doesn't need that much more at this point (it's funny how stupidly skill screwed she is, though)
GHWiioF.pngZcs7N8i.pngmudpCO9.png
Roy chips for Lilina this time, and he's at a not insignificant chance of death here (~15%)
KC5S9NT.png0JFYTNs.png
End the turn. I forgot to move the left side units this turn, which could have ended up poorly
1ndgNxJ.png
Luckily, Lalum's used to me being an idiot, and doesn't eat the ~4% CoD.
NBe9wPz.png
What? I swear the status staffers were out?
FZpFXdn.png
Yeah. Two Bishops spawn in these stairwells (and they'll respawn every few turns if you kill them, too). They have Divine tomes, the left one has a Silence staff and the right one has a Sleep staff. How annoying...
QtcGcd0.pngatt2KlX.png
Tate chips, and Miledy finishes (I apparently suck at screenshotting)
XEe2jjT.png
Echidna is woken up but does nothing (I just want to let her keep baiting the sleep since she's pretty unimportant)
0Ur1Zlt.png
This force looks impressive until you realize the Druid and Sniper are Niime and Igrene, and not Sophia/Dorothy. Nonetheless, I'm sending Roy to get some exp down south next to the throne room.
3sskmAm.pngKtki8zH.png
He rewards me by getting a crap level.
7BisPCV.pngSS7kaPF.png
I hate status staves. Can we just remove them from the game?
I1jyMtP.png
At least I have this going for me
w3kLM92.pnglGXi1sd.png
Restoration.
hmG7onM.png89QkfF4.png
Wendy hits 1/2, but dodges and gets a good level out of it.
85BLLCX.png9xQOT9d.pngoiOA3dQ.png
I let her finish off the Druid, as Lalum gets a dancer level
h1tkM4W.png
Left team ends turn.
XFovt7x.png
On the right side, I get sick of this Bishop's shenanigans and let Dorothy kill him off. I let Echidna meatshield for her against the Hero.
e6xTemv.png
Heavy hitter heads south to join Roy and Lilina.
rdii9Ko.pngmPakuty.pngxukf5Vh.png
Pretty painful but not risky EP (Echidna really can't do combat anymore at this point...)
QBthd5U.png
I don't really care if this hit or not
azZlIrX.png5GwXHqP.pngG89poLv.png
Rare shot of Ellen chipping, and then Dorothy finishes the offending Hero.
nlMRFTx.png4XvPMDJ.png1RV548X.png
Sophia can't actually double this guy (Sophia has 22 speed, this hero has 19 AS), but that sets up a Roy kill just fine. Anti-throne team slowly moves down.
flaWooa.pngtf7YK11.pngKrGn9wq.png
I'd be terrified if I was the left-side switch guardian right now. That Miledy crit is important because she (at 22 speed) can't double this 19AS Hero, either.
zE2cnyw.png
We're on our way! Nothing happens on EP
ZHBmpc5.png
On PP, Miledy vents some of my frustration
MvT8SJF.png0WAOEeB.pngkIrmtnt.png
Many units move. Right team is going to camp outside the throne room now. Lilina's in position to bait the Longbow sniper to move to a position where I can kill him from 2range.
sVI211F.png3eDHEQh.pngofGxKcb.png
Things happen on EP, none of them relevant...
6MqC6qF.png
...except for YET ANOTHER empty level by Miledy. I'd be fine with empty levels if SHE WOULD ACTUALLY MAX SPEED FIRST. She's gotten 2 speed in 17 levels since promoting off a 45% growth and it annoys me greatly.
ObxNbRJ.png
Okay, so I didn't fully think out this EP. Luckily, Roy manages to stay awake through the long and suspenseful Fenrir animation and dodge.
eUzfR63.png
Lilina does her job. EP is over.
4n3S5kS.pngLWREUF5.pngYNhY5Xr.png
Enemies are over. Right team can afford to take it slow because left team has a while to go yet.
DJOEEHT.png8LdqGzp.png
1 turn.
XgHez7T.pngyrlNbNS.png
2 turns.
U85F2pn.pnghUUhlIw.png
I finally remember to have Lilina kill off that sniper, for yet another crap level. At least she can still double Manaketes with Forblaze, but the bolting ORKO's will never happen, sadly :( Final chapter Manaketes have ~11AS, and Lilina gets weighed down by 5 with Bolting equipped, so she's only going to be able to chip with bolting.
lMb7ExA.png
More status Bishops spawn!
ydxSRUN.pngTxsSyg5.pngu9ySLdx.png
This Hero has gotta REALLY be sweating now.
MpuG557.png
I get a staff I'll never use to finish off this update...

[spoiler=Chapter 22: Bern it Down, pt.3]

yWmaSqv.pngpAtRT3y.png
As expected, the left switch hero has a very bad time
7XdvN5x.png
Please cap Str, you're 1 off and it'd be awesome
16bIyf9.pngWZ2ek88.pngkOgbnQC.png
Donezo. You'd think Zephiel would at least put competent units on those switches, like the 40Mt Wyvern Lord from C21...
rWTFny5.pngqwBkR3r.png
Last 2 chests looted. Everyone is headed en masse to the throne room. I want us all ready to fight when that door opens, and I'm not leaving 3 of my best frontliners behind.
ClHlcMp.pngFVsHFJm.png
Sophia takes the time to clear out some remaining enemies, while waiting for the others to get here
72JDCnG.pngPaeSX7T.png
Miledy, shows off and dodges the sleep.
8FsF6gE.png
This lets her do this!
3srBWUm.png
...and then another spawns immediately on EP. How fun.
6dvXWaG.pngK9dSktq.png
Kill them all!
o8W9ORv.pngSrOf1tn.png
But even more spawn. I can't be bothered to deal with them, so I just position to breach the throne room. Roy will walk into that gap next to the door, resulting in...
XFIeftd.pngompbXJs.png
Zephiel's insanity.
ZsLvomz.pngwVH6jta.png
Reinforcements spawn at the starting locations and punish players who brought along random weaklings and decided to leave them at base
4BDykKh.png
Throne room enemies. They're all pretty tough and my troops are at a respectable CoD in the coming EP, I believe.
UX1yjvR.pngSHO9vgd.pngveZeEFT.png
Heroes are disposed of.
mbnskK4.png
Setup. Will I survive EP? A manakete + druid hit will KO most of my units, but hopefully my frontliners have it under control.
sw5czud.pngfDgdREu.pngTvSfE65.png
Manaketes take their first shots. I'm less worried now, since the Druids can't hurt Sophia too much, so as long as I don't have any unit get hit by both Druids I should be good.
r5Pu6XS.pngPu4W5nh.png
In any case, this ends excellently.
URJjZmx.png
Start of Player Phase. I'm definitely not out of the woods yet.
14TKlN0.pngznXLwhc.pngAw9TJ8A.png
Aren't they just the sweetest couple? Roy gets decent stats out of it, and although he's clearly not one of my best units, he's a passable frontliner.
3d1fGJx.pngWlNcWUt.pngKuZzzgC.png
Enemies getting erased (Fir is invisible mid-crit)
LD6r8cL.pngiggxcIk.png
Alright, we're looking good! I move my main force into the throne room, and end turn.
NXB23l7.png
And EP reinforcements burst out of the stairs and insta-kill Niime. Time to rewind
CbWrCSb.png08oLyW5.png
Take two doesn't end well either.
4sgBDzr.pngdLFL39m.png3QZIWYn.png
Take three has Echidna tank a painful Silver Sword hit (but due to her high speed she isn't doubled), and Niime pulls off a dodge (why do those Berserkers have hammers?).
dsFwsLM.pngK3H6jFr.png
EP ends well. Let's GO
KeoR5Cw.pngzcUqOcp.png
Kill off the pesky reinforcement hero
cFJZ9fv.pngZi0mYHY.png
Also, a shot of the approaching reinforcements from the spawn areas.
oQi73XA.png68gk2wQ.png
EP is ever so slightly dangerous, but we survive.
AtSQmot.pngpZyozn4.png
On one hand he crits. On the other hand...I guess I really don't need him to be better in combat, just survive, so I'm fine with this level.
Xb9I4ct.pngRLBApmG.png12uJzMN.png
I undo the Sniper's work, and also his life.
2pq9YYs.png
Oh Sophia <3
jQS9X4K.pnglZGWdEL.png
On EP, more reinforcements spawn. I survive quite handily as long as that Berserker doesn't crit Wendy (and he doesn't even hit).
MsAo637.pngeFuAGou.pngl90gwdU.png
Rest of the reinforcements get killed. I believe the stairway reinforcements spawn every 4 turns, 4 times, but I could be wrong
pCRabi0.png
Ellen heals Wendy up and gets an entirely irrelevant level
1ndQLCa.png
This is my setup. This is because it's a turn where stairway reinforcements spawn again, and the flanking enemies are arriving. I have my army positioned such that all my weak units can't be hit by even 2-range enemies, while my frontliners should be able to bear the brunt of this assault just fine. This is still going to be an interesting EP
MelrB1b.png
Miledy still failing to double things with her 22 Speed :(
cj05ekY.pngyn3U87K.png
Really, you dodge the 62 and get hit by the 20? Not like it really matters, as Sophia does what Sophia does.
EiteN8R.png
With this miss, EP is done, and it's time to take the offensive.
a2oKYxb.pngMgW1xKT.png
Miledy fails to crit, leaving...Echidna? to get the kill. It's surreal how helpful some of these units are despite being way past their primes
xU5EQrF.pngfU9d8tD.png
Nobody on the team seems to want to crit, so I have to kill all the enemies off the old fashioned way
xykLZKb.png
Wendy is in prime tanking position...
NU3CAc6.pngilxJCaB.png
Meanwhile, in the throne room proper, Sophia and Tate show off how ORKOs are done.
oIlna95.pngBGlUMCv.png
EP going fine so far
739tpIn.png
This hurts but as long as the Sniper doesn't get that 2% crit, Echidna is fine.
p3FUaA0.pngFQEvmef.png
Dodge, my lovely dodgetanks.
wbr7mdx.png
Wendy Axes the Sniper a question, but he's too dead to respond. Pity.
oz8YJm8.png6ewooCY.png
Miledy crits and...SPEED! SHE GOT SPEED. SHE ACTUALLY MAXED SPEED. I WAS GETTING SO WORRIED BECAUSE SHE WAS REFUSING TO GET IT, BUT SHE FINALLY MANAGED TO CAP SPEED. I don't think it's even at all relevant by this point, all she needed 23 speed for was to double the 19AS Heroes in this chapter, but I like seeing shiny green numbers.
SAlQeJu.png
Dorothy has been so awesome for me this run, even with Shaky hitrates due to Skill screwage
Y1F4gx8.pnghlZ9jEQ.png91G34ly.png
Fir crits her way to a decent level
ZP28vYf.pngwArTo7N.pngctOH32w.png
Sophia does what Sophia does, while Lilina lets her continue doing the Sophia.
nmRRTeX.pngkUADpGu.png
Wendy hits 1/2, but rounds out this update with a good level up

[spoiler="Chapter 22: Bern it Down, pt.4]

NNsETDk.pngEViD3sZ.png
More enemies get slaughtered
GKCDxZk.png
She's taunting me. She has to be taunting me. There is no way this is anything but Clarine rubbing it in my face.
On the bright side, we've finally run out of reinforcements, so my team moves up to get ready to fight Zephiel
EH4uL71.pngVDNuHos.png
Well, this is annoying... While waiting out the status staves, I have Roy eat the Dragonshield. Why? I have no idea.
4jqznRw.pngsEHUF3p.png
This is Zephiel. He isn't much more threatening in HM than he is in NM, because of how HM bonuses work (he essentially doesn't get HM bonuses to anything but HP due to the King class's base growths). I have no clue why IS would put a freaking promotion item on the (sometimes) final boss, but whatever...
PC8oVvl.png
...I grab it for the hell of it.
qhuW23F.png
How do you think Zephiel feels, just watching my army array themselves in front of him?
wgVeswz.png72L9Wmi.pngxqpcHm2.png37KFIFP.pngzDylXCU.pngZAqOV0X.png
Just showing off what my best combat units are capable of when facing down the King.
2vHSoQL.png9rsxIYY.png
However, I think it's only fitting that Wendy has first dibs on Zephiel.
s66yFsL.pngS3oWKIq.png
Lilina and Sophia, too, get their shots in.
Uao8fOl.pngI0YFm5a.png
Wendy gets to finish! I think that, in this run, using these three to kill of Zephiel was the only choice I could have honorably done.
VqR6m1i.pngXMbzuF6.pngCgb7BAx.png
It's over...or is it?

I actually finished the game last night, so I'm just going to put all the remaining chapters up now

Edited by elf_01

[spoiler=Chapter 23: Brunya's Bolting Berns (ft. Berserk BBBBBB), pt.1]

So, since I got all 8 legendary weapons and didn't break any of them, I get to progress to the true ending! Although Zephiel's dead, we still have to hunt down Idoun, and in the process fight what's left of Bern's army. This chapter has a few stealables (Red Gem, Blue Gem, and Brunya's Guiding Ring) but I'm seriously not bothered to bring Cath on a chapter filled with long range enemies, especially since I definitely don't need the money at all (I buy a bunch of weapons and gear this chapter and I never even use it, and I still have a bunch of money left over...)

LS5t37d.pngaTj0pMN.pngTDKhPgi.png
Backstory. At this point, though, I don't anticipate anything standing in my way
NZujy4I.png
Army positioning. I forget to capture the prep menu, but the second Falcoknight I bring is Shanna, for possible ferrying purposes. Everyone else is the standard team.
I plan on having most of my army head left, Miledy/Tate are going to assault the middle ballista island, and Sophia/Fir will head up because they're untouchable killing machines. Also, note that village in the shot. That village has Karel, Fir's uncle, and he can only be gotten if you visit the village with either Fir or Bartre.
chXXELj.pngTYc7kZ3.png
Brunya, don't do this. We could be so happy together :(
TX7IVqy.pngcgOx6LJ.png
WHY. WHY DO YOU DO THIS TO ME. (And yes, their chance of victory is most assuredly minuscule in the face of Sophia)
F3vs1Gx.png
Ballista island in the middle of the map is just one of many annoyances.
K38dNGe.pngbNhA5ik.pngvfSTV47.pnghUxqYEd.pnghIhzOci.png
There are a lot of long range threats concentrated around the throne area, and it's definitely not going to be a pleasant assault.
TVuXbwr.png
Lalum is sent to the armories, although I really have no need for any of this since a) I'm pretty much fully geared out already, and b) It's just freakin' manaketes from now on and I'm like never going to use conventional weapons.
O3U1Bd7.png9bWMsTZ.pngXrkK6YH.png
Strategical picture at the end of T1.
8fp0hwm.pngJhvGyWW.png
Miledy fails to crit and therefore doesn't ORKO either Wyvern.
bEzk5pc.pngJlJUK3e.png
Wendy is pretty awesome, not gonna lie.
DcRp67s.pngiwtYKIG.png
The enemy WL crits, Miledy does not. This is pretty lame (and dangerous).
wGExInP.pngwGOwjvR.pngJWVc0MS.png
This time, being BBBBBB is actually dangerous for her, although she cheats death again.
StSxRAK.pngRrwn558.png
EP is concluded. This is surprisingly difficult.
HdZPtmP.pngaJXNdTN.png
Tate is actually the greatest ever. Takes out the biggest threat and frees up Miledy...
aKPn09F.pngVCvusrL.png
...who kills Ballistician 1/3 and gets healed up by Niime.
UG75Ags.pngZ2BBtq2.png
Apocalypse is absolutely awesome.
qUvsMev.pngmvdfRjT.png
Fir makes sure she and Sophia are appropriately armed (no need to blow Apocalypse charges on those crappy Wyverns)
yhQi5pT.png
Lalum continues her irrelevant shopping
Huttse1.png5YSBvD0.pngGQPh4UP.png6qKjETG.png
South team has no time for scrubby Wyverns, and Roy apparently has no time for decent levels.
3cMnFgT.png98R7z19.png
Tactical situation looking good!
a9Yu9EG.pngBpsGTUy.pngMi2HWhg.pngNH30nvH.png
Random non-threatening EP things happen...
3ilc0dB.pngINofxZa.png
...AND THEN LILINA CAN'T DODGE TWO CONSECUTIVE 25% TRUE HITS. COME ON.
JJbRMZ0.pngHECVamt.png
Reposition.
TQBnKsg.pngDT8rIrL.pngwjzvm8g.pngVo1vC3s.png
Some old things, some new things, on EP.
IYTFZ8b.pngf7S5XG5.pngu8HREoj.png
Ballistae opt to go for BBBBBB this time instead, which I'm perfectly fine with.
WmzOEka.png
With this futile attempt at harming Tate, enemy phase ends.
fN668oD.png71HysXc.png
I promptly teach some fools a lesson in aerial superiority.
XcZouMY.pngfH49uc3.png
So gorgeous <3. With that, left side is out of people to slay
vAryaRJ.pngKhBkCch.pnguEIxuKo.png
Karel get. He's this game's endgame crutch if needed (and honestly he's almost as good as my fully trained Fir), since he can obliterate Manaketes with Durandal. He also has hilariously outrageous growths (210/130/140/140/120/110/100) for his 1 level. Naturally, he's getting benched here.
04IcnKv.png
At least this vendor is slightly relevant, as Lalum pulls a few Recovers and Physics
TjMqsIq.pngmH51d8v.pngJix881Y.png
Sophia is ready to fight.
QHMnfby.pngmuPdQVf.pngNbCXogL.pngQxCxphx.pngxuaUawk.png
And fight she does, amazingly maxing Defense as she hits level cap. She's been utterly and completely unbelievable this entire late-game, and stands alone as by far the best Sophia I've ever seen.
1iayvuf.pngf7pVjdz.png
Oh no. This is bad. She's on the center island with no way of getting a restore staff user to her (actually in hindsight I probably could have had Niime warp someone out middle, but what's done is done). Miledy can cover an awful lot of the map and has some very good weapons.
yBQeOaY.png
Well, I'm going to heal Miledy up and hope she kills good enemies
aui851p.png
Alright, she kills off the ballistician, I'm fine with that
zMaiENV.pngH8UHL7p.pngxj2JHdh.png
And then she starts OHKO-ing wyverns. It's around now where I realize she's blowing through Maltet charges, and fast...
S4TeiZt.pngnULr8yG.png
Heal her up for a 20th level on Niime, and pray Miledy doesn't go too nuts
aaJJof7.pngsrlkNGu.pngcPelcgy.png
Some mostly irrelevant things happen during the next EP
aHIxn3x.png
Alright. I'm trying to bait Miledy over and have her attack Wendy using the Javelin, so I can restore her.
ucwwAaT.pnglsD2YNJ.png
Miledy is having no part of that plan, but luckily flies into Ellen's restore range anyways, thankfully.
Edited by elf_01

[spoiler=Chapter 23: Brunya's Bolting Berns (ft. Berserk BBBBBB), pt.2]

fszQsPw.png
So yeah, Miledy's gone through 9 Maltet charges. Not the worst thing but it's still a little annoying.
lFqEPOB.png
NOT AGAIN!
BEmkygB.pngfBJxyQK.pngguvedak.png
It's fine this time, though, because Ellen is here. Also, Miledy/Ellen C-Support, which seems sorta amusing in this context.
ClvuUgu.png
On the other side of the map, I let Fir get some exp since Sophia's maxed out.
yjvlEiX.pngRKV3ykA.pngHTl5GUo.png
She obliges by tearing some lousy enemies to shreds
MpgOWwQ.pngmJfd2Rx.png
*sigh*. While it's good that the Berserk is out, I have nobody near Fir to help restore her, so she's going to have to sit there for a bit
UMJ2yjT.pngjAqvdNs.png
I do the best I can, restoring Miledy and healing up Fir from afar
qZdfMDR.png
Left side moves up and are about to commence the assault on Brunya's position
Fyyy3Jd.png
You're terrible, you can't even hit a sleeping target. Ever.
D8LAPTh.pngRrFsTIS.pngpY8J3ln.png
Annoying. I let Shanna sleep since she's useless anyways.
rf5mOqF.pngQtJAmR8.png
We're getting awfully close! Most of Brunya's guards don't move even when we're in range.
cuQn7jz.pnggqCye1B.png
I love how units can dodge in their sleep. FE8's stone, which makes hitrate = 100 and critrate +30 honestly makes a lot more sense.
NhWZ2Wa.png
More sleep staff absorbing from irrelevant units.
IIWZya8.png
We're here, Fir! Let's rumble
If2vDX9.png2Pc33pM.png
Rumbling successful.
j7skFrg.pngLat1Zrf.png
Clearing out some of Brunya's guards
oIy30NO.png3Sjnx5H.png
Wendy is the greatest dragonslayer of them all. I believe this is the first time we get to see her use Armads, too. This is what I grinded her axe rank for half the game to do!
6k02wol.png
Alright, we should be good on EP.
wJhQw4V.pngPgWPE18.png
HOLY HELL SHE HURTS. AND DOUBLES. ELLEN HAS 29 RESISTANCE, TOO. I would do well to not underestimate just how powerful this lady is.
87VzaQz.pngCt03f0n.png
EP inconveniences. Igrene is irrelevant here, but that hit on Wendy hurts.
KoTCpBp.pnggOglbN3.png
Dorothy punishes the Druid en route to an alright level.
RITujk4.pngOnIbaoj.png
Here's Brunya's stats, by the way. She's pretty scary (42Mt 18AS with bolting) and I wish Lilina was anywhere near this good, but since she has Bolting equipped, she's weighed down to 18AS and can't counter, which makes her a lot easier.
dnkCbZO.png
Lilina vents her jealousy for a big chip with a ridiculous 47Mt bolting of her own (bolstered by supports).
m2uj1kR.png
Tate hits 1/2 to chip her down to 10hp...
DhWWtUD.png9KUT8EV.png
...and Roy finishes from 2-range with his Binding Blade for an amazing level.
aoPR442.pngwTHVztZ.png
With Brunya dead, I can sedately murder the remnants of her guard.
SkSWLc2.pnglSLcwbo.pngNSwICrC.png
Last enemy taken care of, and Miledy gets a good final level.
y1Oadtf.png
More irrelevant shopping! I buy a bunch of Aircaliburs and Nosferatu tomes.
orom9SP.pngTL3JVLf.png
Quick but not easy. Let's get out of here
Edited by elf_01

[spoiler=Chapter 24: Millions of Manaketes, pt.1]

0TOEKk1.pngrY5anmh.png
Background info
BuLt9mG.pngOUAHkkN.png
For some stupid reason, Fae is a forced deployment, so I have to babysit her (she also gets ORKO'd by every enemy on the map). My team should be pretty self-evident, as they've been my main party for ages. Everyone's gotten fully geared up for this fight, with Fae ferrying some spare Bolting tomes for Lilina and Ellen bringing the Hammerne to repair worn down legends.
ucfmfOR.pngGbYjcKY.png
There's a lot of story exposition this chapter, and I'll try to capture the highlights of it. Also, while every chapter in FE6 is a seize map, this one takes it to the next level: there are a whole bunch (seven, I think) thrones to seize, and each throne opens up the next area. Also, every single enemy in this entire map is a manakete, so everyone should be packed and ready with their dragonslaying weapons.
knCQLVm.pngFErg2Ch.pngBLCJ2Lr.pngE5Q6I3o.pngtmlqz0w.pngaC48cg3.pngWHhqMDq.pngMIW6e32.pngz2MQnnb.png
Just showing off everyone's gear as we make our way forward. Tate gets to carry Fae for now.
998za7H.pngwmtqh5H.pngxb8HhTg.png
Lilina starts off the slaughter by killing this manakete over 2 turns...
Ub74rlc.png
...while Sophia scoffs at the idea that anyone would need more than 1 hit to completely obliterate a puny dragon
2Zpcnxh.pngbvEMYRY.pngD6aDaZ6.png
Fir clears out the first boss for a good level, gets healed up, and we move onward
FxVwggv.png7Egbm0K.png
Throne #1 seized. I fully intend on showing you my strength, my dragon friend. You will be experiencing it soon enough...
t6MdBkT.pnghP7FMer.pngFKIsI2j.png
Miledy and Wendy lead this charge. Also, I show off that, every time you seize a throne, it triggers 1 manakete a turn to spawn from the previous throne room (or in the case of the first throne, to spawn from the start location). This spawn is, as far as I know, infinite, and only stops after you kill the boss.
z9ynGXC.pnglXJIH1Q.pngvRPkjki.png
Legendary weapons are pretty good. Sophia unfortunately hits 1/2, but fortunately OHKO's so it doesn't even matter.
tCyduCN.pngUYMTidI.pnggdQImTk.png
Ellen gets a crap healer level as we move forward
yrWEn55.png
Roy's straggling behind a little though. I realize I need to make better use of my mounted rescuers (read: Tate). I also realize much later that I could totally dump Fae off on Ellen since Ellen doesn't do any fighting anyways.
X3sRGpk.pngalGtIO8.png
In the meantime, though, I heal up and get ready to breach the next room once Roy opens it.
OMhRbhF.pngwqbR5Ac.pngU8gQHJB.png
Throne #2 seized. Jahn starts telling the story of the Demon Dragon, and how they destroyed her soul to make her obedient.
FXhVnZl.pngzPeWjUO.pngAl3ADSC.png
We charge in the front door, and Wendy slays some dragons.
Y9a9pAP.pnga5k94li.png
Hits 1/2, 2/2. One half health dragon left in this room...
PHngg43.png
...and Lilina wipes him out from afar. These Boltings are actually being pretty handy
Ongahzh.pngBP7eF97.png
Heal up and prepare to fight again
0kVhVMI.pngb5NzP9A.png
We will, Jahn. None of your puny dragons can survive a round of combat and it's frankly quite embarrassing.
jCuaxih.png
Sophia gets the entry kill...
iP62BQv.png
...while Lilina wounds one of the Manaketes in the next room
ovCfNW8.pngceBFKBX.png
Legendary weapons make this sort of lopsided. I sometimes wonder how hard this map would be if I were forced to use Silvers instead. Then again, Manaketes have awful resistance and no 2-range so my mages could probably slaughter them anyways
INC3eCG.pngCfHCo2n.pngFmr7kKT.png
We storm in, and Ellen's keeping everyone at full HP.
OyW2hv3.pngB2VXvD4.png
Absolutely gorgeous
qTlMitB.png
Lilina starts blasting a Manakete who's getting a little uncomfortably close to our back
I5udU3y.png
This throne room's secured. Prepare to enter the next one!
BxT5kKA.png
First, fully supported Lilina does barely enough damage to finish off the trailing dragon.
AxWWhc7.pngfp9WAnj.pnggMJbswY.png
Another throne seized (I lost count somewhere along the way). Jahn claims that the legends were pretty scummy, but hey, who am I to judge. I'm charging in here and mercilessly crushing them too
VjA1dMo.png
Well, the guy had a 1% chance of killing Sophia. That's not too bad, right?
QA78Ng4.png5CcEtRJ.png
I decide that Tate deserves to get some action too
lEy1qiy.pngl3f5KUc.png
Of course, that's not easy when Sophia is murdering everything in her path.
HqmNQ1F.pngu4HDL40.png
I have her do some chipping and healing instead this turn...
Wh2v08Y.png
...so that Tate can enjoy her first dragon kill!
5UNzEiu.png
Room is done, time to heal up again
3FbsgV3.png36QGKKv.pngpGAS9YO.png
Dude, you're acting surprised that I'm blasting through your puny jokes of dragons en route to you. They don't have a freaking chance...
GTpThAJ.png
...see Exhibit A.
u9Evsjy.pngQkViI6f.pngKQHghWq.png
Yeah. I'm even letting Ellen get a kill. I'm cool like that (now everyone of my party members, except Fae who doesn't count, and Roy, who'll get his, can say that they've slain a dragon!)
xyjW6I9.pngAUAokmn.pngUVLdRKB.png
Unfortunately Tate can't quite ORKO, so Lilina gets this dumpster-tier level.
EgWx9AQ.png
Speaking of Lilina, I let her take Forblaze out for a quick spin. Aren't fire dragons supposed to like, not burn that easily?
BZmdGcR.pngRSBI5K7.png
Gogogo. Nothing will stop me!
yxQ16x4.pngCWgI3qD.png3Cds9SS.pngGIG4jv2.png74KpM4n.pnghxr2ZyM.png
It's time to face Jahn. Roy's pretty indignant over what's happened to Idoun and fully intends to smite this poser down.
Edited by elf_01