PKL in Uncharted Territory: FE12 0% Growths Maniac Playthrough (soon)

I've been waiting forever for a 0% growths patch to come out for this game. Now that we finally have it (thanks to Vennobennu), I have to do a playthrough of 0% growths. It'll be my first time doing a 0% growths run and in a game that is very new to 0% growths, so I expect it to be very challenging. I've already got a ton of planning done of it and think it is possible in Maniac. Of course, now I just have to prove it. I won't start right now, but I will as soon as I finish my current playthrough of FE12, which is in Chapter 16x atm. Something that worries me about 0% growths H2 is the extreme forging needed. Hardin and Gharnef can both be beaten by Katarina or Etzel stuffed with boosters. But Medeus still stands in the way. I wonder if there is any way to have another unit that can weaken Medeus enough so that Katarina doesnt have to die after critting Medeus? Or maybe I can give her enough support points with Bond Drop to rig a crit+miss from Medeus...hmm. Any ideas on that? I'd rather not let anyone die.

Edited by PJSalt

Try using Berserker!Michalis to weaken Medeus first. That was one of Gradivus' suggestions.

Optionally, get the Aum staff in the previous map via Thief to ressurect Katarina after the first crit. Similiar to H5 FE11. Although you'll need to Warp someone to kill the Sorc first.

Edited by Irysa

Katarina with 8 dusts, 1 scroll and RP has 50 atk and deals 66 dmg with an aura crit iirc, assuming loony boosters. you need 9 phys atk from berserker!michalis to weaken him with another crit, as ninja'd, which can be gotten with 1 arms scroll, 3 energy drops, RP and hauteclere. if you cast again on michalis for a triple crit strat, katarina needs 4 dusts and 1 scroll less. although you still have to OHKO Gharnef, for which you need 24 Mag (5 Dusts + RP) iirc.

I imagine C20x being pretty tough, but on H2, some late prepromotes might have enough str to OHKO Berserkers with a Master Sword after RP, and double generals with a forged armorslayer.

Edited by Gradivus.

. . .I'll assume this isn't LTC - that would be quite annoying to plan out.

Since levels won't matter as much, you can probably blow the gold on forges instead of the base arena, so that might help. Either way, can't wait to see this. Good luck!

Edited by eclipse

Well, Marth can get a lot of statboosters in this game, right?

You can also use bonds to increase his stats.

Give the powders and talismans to Katarina, and everything else to Marth so he can kill Medeus with two crits.

You'll probably need a lot of forging and the Lunatic statboosters.

Marth with 6 speedwings avoids doubling from medeus, on top of which he needs about 3~4 robes to avoid the OHKO. then he must get some energy drops. I think michalis is a cheaper alternative anyway.

Edited by Gradivus.

Marth with 6 speedwings avoids doubling from medeus, on top of which he needs about 3~4 robes to avoid the OHKO. then he must get some energy drops. I think that might be too expensive to completely inaffordable.

Marth needs 22 speed to avoid being doubled from Medeus. (he has 27 speed at maniac mode, right?)

However, he only needs 20 speed with RP/Speed bond.

You can get 3 speedwings through the whole game. You only need two more.

Plus, once you get the silver card (and you can get it in Maniac), you can easily afford statboosters.

Buying the Robes won't also cost that much, thanks to the SC.

However, that means Marth is going to get all the statboosters.

Or what you said. (well, actually, I think my idea is worse, because you'll need to give those statboosters to other units)

PKL, are you going to warpskip some annoying chapters?

29 spd medeus and lunatic statboosters allow for 9 total speedwings (if we can assume that the C16 speedwing is obtained, though it should be 8) because the file with LSB unlocked can be used with the 0% patched version too. warpskip is essentially a must on H2 0% for a majority of the late and endgame maps. and yeah, forgot to account for the silver card so it isn't that bad, but michalis still is the more worthwhile way.

Edited by Gradivus.

Wow can't wait to see this happen!

I have a couple of questions: you're going to play once on HM to come up with a general strategy and unlock reclass limits? (Unless it's already removed?)

Second, what units are you likely to use? I see MU for much of early early game, then sealed Palla for Early to Midgame, as well as Arran and Sirius. Katarina Etzel Feena Michalis and Wendell are self explanatory. Malicia for the occasional hammerne too (for warp.) What about Nagi for Lategame?

Edited by momogeek2141

pretty sure the way to go for Medeus is exploding Katarina/Etzel on him then reviving them and doing it again

I think you'll have greater issues with making your way through the generic enemies though.

Second, what units are you likely to use? I see MU for much of early early game, then sealed Palla for Early to Midgame, as well as Arran and Sirius. Katarina Etzel Feena Michalis and Wendell are self explanatory. Malicia for the occasional hammerne too (for warp.) What about Nagi for Lategame?

don't forget leiden, he is a boss.