Fire Emblem Warriors. An idea and a fan art (I guess)

Noahfest

emblem_warriors__this_should_totally_hap

Did I started this topic on the right place?

Anyways, so what do you people think about it?

Would you like it?

Would you approve?

Edit: Thanks to Anacybele I realized I should have adviced this was supposed to match Hyrule Warriors cover xP.

PS.: What do you think about the drawing?

and also sorry for the terrible photo, my camera is bad and I don't have an A3 sized scanner :(

Edited by Haon

Fire Emblem and Dynasty Warriors's gameplays would not blend too well IMO

That's not the point. FE would work well in a Dynasty Warriors gameplay style though.

Fire Emblem and Dynasty Warriors's gameplays would not blend too well IMO

Well at first glance it surely likes that, but first look at Hyrule Warriors, it's a great game despite the differences of gameplay with TLoZ, but yeah I know that when comparing with FE it's just another level of difference in gameplay terms.

But for that Koei/Nintendo could come up with some kind of ''Tactician Screen'' or something like that, for the FE feels, besides it would be just an spin-off.

Would you like it?

Indeed.

Would you approve?

Absolutely.

When you say "Tactician Screen", do you mean like the preparations screen from FE?

If so, DW kind of has that also, the earlier DWs have it menu based, while the later ones have it so you can walk around your base before deploying.

I would like it. The two would go so well together!

Not too crazy about your pic though, I would've drawn Ike over Micaiah (he's the most important Tellius character) and an Elibe lord (either Lyn or Roy) or Robin over Eirika (they're more recognizable and Awakening saved the series).

When you say "Tactician Screen", do you mean like the preparations screen from FE?

If so, DW kind of has that also, the earlier DWs have it menu based, while the later ones have it so you can walk around your base before deploying.

Well I not a preparations screen more like mix with a formation/view map, where you can plan up routes for other officers using the map of the current scenario, chose their weapons, who they would ''team up with'' and stuff like that (something like in Tom Clancy's series perhaps).

*For the officer routes, I guess they could be changed in the middle of the battle for the feels.

I don't how it worked in the earlier DWs so I can't say much about them, but for the later ones strategy was really small part of the game itself.

I would like it. The two would go so well together!

Not too crazy about your pic though, I would've drawn Ike over Micaiah (he's the most important Tellius character) and an Elibe lord (either Lyn or Roy) or Robin over Eirika (they're more recognizable and Awakening saved the series).

In my first sketches I was planning to use Lucina instead of Eirika, but they were just to similar you know haha, so I changed to Eirika, just because SS is my favorite game in the series.

For Micaiah, it really couldn't be Ike since this was supposed to look an alternate version to Hyrule Warriors cover, so it was Link, Zelda and Lana so I prefered a girl that used magic over a dude with swords, and so ended up with Micaiah (I actually don't really like her), could have used Fem-Robin tough (Why didn't I think about that :sob:).

Edited by Haon

Well, you didn't mention wanting to match the HW cover in the OP. xP

Still, it doesn't HAVE to match it. Drawing the most notable FE lords/characters in there would grab more people's attention since they're the most recognizable and people would be like "Hey, that's Marth/Ike/Robin/Lyn/Roy/whoever! EMBLEM WARRIORS!! :D"

In fact, I'd say Marth and Ike are practically guaranteed to be on it due to having appeared in more games than anybody else in the series. They're both the main faces of FE now due to Smash as well. They're the only FE characters to be playable in more than one Smash title. I don't doubt an Awakening main character would be on the cover too, given how successful it was.

But hey, this is your picture, you were allowed to draw it how you wanted. I don't like Micaiah either, btw. Ike. <3

Edited by Anacybele

Thanks for reminding to advice the whole Hyrule Warriors cover thing, and sorry for forgetting.

Indeed I agree with you in everything, the fact of Marth and Ike as much as Chrom, Lucina and probably Roy (poor Roy) would be more than guaranteed to be on it if some day this happen.

Thanks for the opinion, and since I will probably lose more time drawing ''Emblem Warriors'' related-stuff 'cause I can't get this idea out of my head xD, Ike, Lyn, Roy and others are probably going to appear somewhere.

Well I not a preparations screen more like mix with a formation/view map, where you can plan up routes for other officers using the map of the current scenario, chose their weapons, who they would ''team up with'' and stuff like that (something like in Tom Clancy's series perhaps).

*For the officer routes, I guess they could be changed in the middle of the battle for the feels.

I don't how it worked in the earlier DWs so I can't say much about them, but for the later ones strategy was really small part of the game itself.

Ahh, I see what you're getting at.

Yeah, in the DW Empires games, you can do this do this to an extent, what with picking where officers go and who does it and all that during battle. Somewhat.

But strategy nontheless, and that besides, the later games' theme is 1 vs. 1000 so, the prevailing element is not strategy indeed.