Characters and Class speculation

Jedi

So in the trailer we saw some of the units to be included in IF. I had an idea of a fun little game, lets try to guess what classes the general group of characters will end up being. Feel free to put number of characters to the list to if you so desire, I just felt it would be fun to start this now and update along as we get more characters.

Feel free to talk about our already revealed characters too of course.

Well, we know for a certainty that the blue haired girl is a dancer. But what kind is my question. She doesn't appear to have a sword or anything, but its hard to tell. Hopefully she uses some kind of weapon. I'd love it if she was able to use magic somehow personally.

Sword masters practically are samurai already, why would we need another class that functions the exact same?

I like the idea that the east/west factions have parallel but different classes. Give them different skills/caps/etc.

Well, we know for a certainty that the blue haired girl is a dancer. But what kind is my question. She doesn't appear to have a sword or anything, but its hard to tell. Hopefully she uses some kind of weapon. I'd love it if she was able to use magic somehow personally.

None of the other dancer's official art shows them having weapons, even though half of them can wield swords.

Marx is definitely going to be either a Paladin or Dark Knight.

Samuraditz is either going to be a Swordmaster or an equivalent new or exclusive class.

Dancer girl will obviously be either a Dancer or an exclusive or new class.

Felicia I think will definitely be a Cleric if she's playable.

Honoka and Kazahana we already know are a Pegasus Knight and Myrmidon respectively.

I like the idea that the east/west factions have parallel but different classes. Give them different skills/caps/etc.

I think maybe they'll instead do it where certain classes are exclusive to each faction.

ie: Western faction get Mercenaries/Heroes while the Eastern faction get Myrmidons/Swordmasters

Ah so that's the angle, I could get behind it, but I can see some arguements against it.

Edited by Jedi

I have a feeling Marx is definitely a Dark Knight.

I also agree that the Samurai class will be introduced, perhaps a Swordmaster with less Mag/Res and more Str/Def.

I dunno. He has a shield-like thin on his right arm and I feel like he looks more like a Paladin then a Dark Knight. Or maybe a new class altogether but I doubt it.

I'm personally against the addition of a bunch of "new" and "unique" classes for "variety's" sake. I'm all for distinguishing them aesthetically, which is really the only thing that's needed. If we had different classes on each side with different caps/skills/etc., then wouldn't it be inevitable that imbalance would occur and one side would be more powerful than the other? I'm still believing until proven otherwise in the "choose which side to fight for & against" possibility, so having these different classes would functionally skew the decision in another's favor, which is bad.

I dunno. He has a shield-like thin on his right arm and I feel like he looks more like a Paladin then a Dark Knight. Or maybe a new class altogether but I doubt it.

It wouldn't be the first time we had a "dark" looking paladin, Aless/Ares for example.

I'm personally against the addition of a bunch of "new" and "unique" classes for "variety's" sake. I'm all for distinguishing them aesthetically, which is really the only thing that's needed. If we had different classes on each side with different caps/skills/etc., then wouldn't it be inevitable that imbalance would occur and one side would be more powerful than the other? I'm still believing until proven otherwise in the "choose which side to fight for & against" possibility, so having these different classes would functionally skew the decision in another's favor, which is bad.

Agreed. It would appear that there is already a western and eastern variant of the soldier class so I suspect that other classes will also get aesthetic differences based on their faction. It appears that there are 3 factions, western, eastern and the skull themed enemies from the opening scene.

• 2 weeks later...

I think maybe they'll instead do it where certain classes are exclusive to each faction.

ie: Western faction get Mercenaries/Heroes while the Eastern faction get Myrmidons/Swordmasters

That would be cool, but then i wouldn't be able to pick... I like them both :tangerinesadness:

I just hope Dancer can fight, it will be pain in the ass if I have to dance her to S rank for me.

Well Dancers more often then not tend to at least be able to use Swords, so I wouldn't be TOO worried.

I wonder about those two units that look a bit like war clerics. I'm guessing one is a war cleric and the other one is a bishop, but who knows. Maybe it's a completely new class. Also to me the taguel thing looks a bit different. Especially with the way the body is designed, and the ears are a bit differently shaped. Maybe it's just me.

Edited by boboliontamer

I'm very convinced that she is actually the girl casting magic with the fans during the combat portion, and I believe the girl below her with the axe is the one who performed the Dual Strike. The resemblance between them and those sprites is too strong for me to suggest otherwise.

I dunno. The hair color seems really off for the unit using fans to be the taguel girl. I was actually thinking that the character using the fans might be some new kind of dancer, just based off of the clothing. I could definitely see the other unit being the same though.

I'm very convinced that she is actually the girl casting magic with the fans during the combat portion, and I believe the girl below her with the axe is the one who performed the Dual Strike. The resemblance between them and those sprites is too strong for me to suggest otherwise.

Hmm..now that you say it I do see a resemblance. Not 100% positive but you may be right. Dang, I was hoping she meant beast units were in.

8a65qgc.png

I'm guessing the circled woman is a taguel, since she's not carrying a weapon and she seems to have bunny ears/looks a bit like Panne's sprite.

It looks kinda like them, but my attention is on the Miko looking unit above her. Very Shrine Maiden looking, do we have a new stave using class?

8a65qgc.png

I'm guessing the circled woman is a taguel, since she's not carrying a weapon and she seems to have bunny ears/looks a bit like Panne's sprite.

Judging by the designs, going from left to right and then down to the next row: Cavalier (hairstyle looks kind of like Polnareff from JJBA), Assassin (a prepromote?), Pegasus Knight (judging by the hair I think that's Hinoka), Cleric (Felicia maybe?), Assassin (two prepromotes?), War Cleric or Bishop (maybe this is from somewhere halfway through the game?), Lord (looks like F!Kamui), Those look more like buns than ears to me, maybe she's one of those Eastern Mages, Pegasus Knight (that pretty much confirms that this is at least a third of the way through the game, since you have two Peg Knights), Dancer (the girl from the trailer), Myrmidon (that's Kazahana), and a Fighter?

Two of them, though? I think they might be, as much as I dislike the idea, an all new class exclusive to the eastern side, like a ninja or something. Judging by the palace scenery, maybe this could even be where you recruit one of them while they try to loot the place or perform other ninja business.