Anyone else feel something else about the Orre games?

Flamma

The games certainly have a different atmosphere than the rest of the series. They don't have that same sense of adventure as in the main series games, but instead have that sense of danger reminiscent of Majora's Mask(with the Moon and whatnot). The Shadow Pokemon attacking their own trainers seems hostile in and of itself, but when we have an organization that has the ability to infiltrate into Politics, Industry, Architecture, and BioEngineering to achieve their goal, and using a Team Rocket -esque proxy to do their dirty work, then, you have danger. The Majora's Mask(s) of Pokemon?

The Orre series were my childhood. I would literally go to my Grandmothers every chance I got and played on the GameCube she had. Of course, I didn't understand the Shadow mechanic until my second playthrough, so I ended up having like, four Pokémon.

But those games were good. I demand remakes.

I never thought about that but that's a good observation! I can totally see your point.

Orre games were awesome, and dat music! Pyrite Town...I enjoy singing that one. But it does make my fingers tired because I also snap them to get the, well, snapping. Agate Village's music reminds me of an old west/frontier thing. I actually made a video of my brother and the neighbor girl pretending they were pioneers in a covered wagon with that as the background music lol.

Did anyone else feel disappointed that The Under wasn't in Gale of Darkness? Well yeah, story reasons...but still. It was awesome.

Did anyone else feel disappointed that The Under wasn't in Gale of Darkness? Well yeah, story reasons...but still. It was awesome.

I liked how they closed The Under. It was a sign Pyrite Town was trying to get its shit together.

OF COURSE. IT WOULD HELP, IF YOU HAD MORE THAN A TWO-MAN POLICE FORCE.

I liked how they closed The Under. It was a sign Pyrite Town was trying to get its shit together.

OF COURSE. IT WOULD HELP, IF YOU HAD MORE THAN A TWO-MAN POLICE FORCE.

They could've made it a tourist attraction to remind people of what happened/try to not let history repeat itself. Like they did with the Nazi concentration camps irl...

I never thought about that but that's a good observation! I can totally see your point.

Orre games were awesome, and dat music! Pyrite Town...I enjoy singing that one. But it does make my fingers tired because I also snap them to get the, well, snapping. Agate Village's music reminds me of an old west/frontier thing. I actually made a video of my brother and the neighbor girl pretending they were pioneers in a covered wagon with that as the background music lol.

Yes, that might've been my favorite place in the past game. I remember that one trainer with a Wailmer/Wailord. xD

I still have both of the games as well.

The Orre games have a truly special place in my heart c:

And they fully utilized Double Battles, my absolute favorite type of battles <3

I still own both games too, in fact the Gamecube that's with my sister now was the special XD Gamecube~

The Orre games have a truly special place in my heart c:

I still own both games too, in fact the Gamecube that's with my sister now was the special XD Gamecube~

I have that gamecube too! I loved those sortof games. Sure wish they'd make more.

love the orre games, they have problems ya, but there great any ways (much like sa2b), though i like coliseums atmosphere a little more (that and its almost 'fuck you' nature of the game play, that still manages to care about being a good and challenging game)