Noahfest's Art Folder

Noahfest

Umm I found your post so I don't think anyone forgot about you. The drawing is a 10/10 would rate again. Props to you. Just so happen to see your post in the main menu

Oh well, thank very much mate, still I'm pretty much forgettable around the community xP

Heh heh. Well don't worry. If I talk to you once in a while, I will remember you or if you add me. Just keep doing your art and have fun with it. You active in the forums?

Okay I sure will heheeh... I used to but slowly stopped using SF because college, but I'm planning on being a bit more active from now on xP

HAON YOU'RE BACK!

Both pieces look great and it seems like you've improved the fluidity in your poses since I last saw your work!

Hey Melody!! Long time no see huh? How you doing?

Thanks! Always room for improvment right? xD

Also a new drawing! Some characters of a novel I plan on write someday, the one in the middle is ''Count Alejandro''

cyborg_soldiers_of_the_absence_empire_by

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there everyone! Today in anticipation to Fates, I made another Fates-related drawing, this time my favorite siblings with their ''respectives'' Corrins!

[spoiler=I'm still working in profiles]fire_emblem_fates_families_by_velcoll-d9

Ps. My phone camera isn't that good, sorry for the bad quality, since it's a A3 paper I can't scan it, because it's too big :p

Edited by Noahfest

I just now stumbled across your art thread, and I'm glad I did! I think you did especially well on your Pieri drawing (and your digital art turned out cute). Keep up the good work!

Well and I'm glad you like it, and thanks a lot! I sure will hehe

One thing I always find in your work is that, compositionally speaking, most pieces have a very nice flow that moves the viewer in and out of the work in such a way that keeps them engaged in the work itself! This is especially true for the piece with the two Corrins and your favorite siblings in it! The movement of the capes on either side of the piece pulls the viewer up or down into the other half of the work, something that I feel ties the two halves together very nicely!

Great job Haon!

Man, Hinoka has some bright red hair XD

I really like that Fates piece. I always love the "dual effect" used to portray two different views. There is a lot of blue and it looks like it clashes together somewhat, at least to me. But I'm also kinda color-blind, so...yeah. All in all, though, it looks fantastic!

Female Corrin's eyes just stare into your soul

One thing I always find in your work is that, compositionally speaking, most pieces have a very nice flow that moves the viewer in and out of the work in such a way that keeps them engaged in the work itself! This is especially true for the piece with the two Corrins and your favorite siblings in it! The movement of the capes on either side of the piece pulls the viewer up or down into the other half of the work, something that I feel ties the two halves together very nicely!

Great job Haon!

Oh wow this is the most complex critique I have ever received, I really don't know what to say but to thank you Melody, I never expected anything like that to be said or considered into my work, so really thanks!

Man, Hinoka has some bright red hair XD

I really like that Fates piece. I always love the "dual effect" used to portray two different views. There is a lot of blue and it looks like it clashes together somewhat, at least to me. But I'm also kinda color-blind, so...yeah. All in all, though, it looks fantastic!

Female Corrin's eyes just stare into your soul

Hey there Alex, first off I want to apologize and talk to you privately, so I'll pm you, and thanks for the reply, I'm glad you still like my work this much, thanks once again!

Hehe I was testing coloring with a red pen I got, so it ended up pretty shiny hehe

And here I thought Fem!Corrin eyes were just strange xP

Today, as I didn't had much time for drawing I just have a bunch of sketches I made over the course of the week, and so here they are:

[spoiler=So many sketches][spoiler=Nohr Cavalier]AE54cUD.jpg?1

[spoiler=Dark Knight OC]uXCizsz.jpg?1

[spoiler= ''Wyvern'' Lord OC (Don't mind the Dragon written there)]lh5PMcw.jpg?1

[spoiler=Fates Designs]2yKnvNS.jpg?1

[spoiler=Soleil once again]9OAc881.jpg?1

[spoiler=A great Knight and a character from a Novel I'm writing]Wdb7Ssz.jpg?1

[spoiler=Random Wyvern Rider]TiOEp9y.jpg?1

[spoiler=A random Mecha Musume drawing]hhN9pEw.jpg?1

Also an extra, a pic of the Corrins drawing lineart (Upside Down)!

[spoiler= Upside Down Lineart!]fS2YFWG.jpg?1

Oh wow this is the most complex critique I have ever received, I really don't know what to say but to thank you Melody, I never expected anything like that to be said or considered into my work, so really thanks!]

I figured you might want to get some more in depth information on how your art works well to perhaps explain the appeal of it! Frankly I love doing this sort of thing, and am happy to provide an analysis of your work whenever I see it lol

Alright, here we go: one of my favorite things about your sketches has got to be the line quality. You naturally seem to want to add variation to the thickness of lines to create movement and imply shape and form, a skill that is honestly very hard to teach a student but very important to have! The one major thing about this is that I notice a visible decrease in this when you work on larger pieces or when you ink the lines like you did in the kamui piece. So compare the drawings of the three Fates designs you did to your Kamui lineart. Notice how shadows etc are indicated more by the lines in the fates designs you drew?

The thing about that difference in line variation is that it's not actually terrible that it happens (I do it all the time when I ink things) but it's one of those things that gives your art its distinct flavor that I really like about it.

Tl;dr version: I like the way you naturally tend to vary lines to indicate form, this sometimes gets lost when you do 'clean' lineart, don't be afraid to try and keep that line thickness variation in lineart, and if you want to practice that more I suggest inking small doodles! Hope this has been informative!

• 1 month later...

I figured you might want to get some more in depth information on how your art works well to perhaps explain the appeal of it! Frankly I love doing this sort of thing, and am happy to provide an analysis of your work whenever I see it lol...

Sorry for taking this long to reply, I'm always like ''I'll reply this later'' *proceeds to completely forget about it*... :s

Anyways, once again thanks for the critique, I kept the line variation in mind, when I was working in my latest drawing, the bloodborne hunter (down here :p), but I noticed that I tend to skip the line quality when it comes to drawings I know that I will paint at some point, maybe I should keep that in mind even when it comes to full colored works.

PS: Sorry for any grammar errors

Edited by Noahfest

Hello! I bring more of my art, that I hope people will enjoy!

Most of it are sketches of Fire Emblem OC's, but two of them are ''finished'' works a Bloodborne Hunter and Viktor from League of Legends (Creator)

Starting with the Bloodborne Hunter (because I loved how this turned)

the_good_hunter_by_velcoll-d9xphsg.jpg

Now Viktor from League of Legends!

viktor_and_the_glorious_evolution__by_ve

Now for the sketches:

[spoiler=Archer and Dark Mage]sniper_and_dark_mage_by_velcoll-d9xph9x.

[spoiler=Swordmaster and Sage]swordmaster_and_sage_by_velcoll-d9xph2u.

[spoiler=General and his troops]general_and_his_troops_by_velcoll-d9xphe

[spoiler=Paladin and Knight]knight_and_paladin_by_velcoll-d9xpgvf.jp

[spoiler=Valkyrie/Strategist]valkyrie_strategist_by_velcoll-d9xphlc.j

[spoiler=Red and Green Cavaliers]green_and_red_cavalier_by_velcoll-d9xpgl

I haven't seen League of Legends, but I like the way you drew the characters. I agree that Hunter came out better out of them both.

Between the regular sketches, I like Dhrenes the Dark Knight the most. I don't know why, I just like how she turned out. I also like Ytor, too, as he looks kinda like me :D

Your Paladin reminds me of Logre from Etrian Odyssey IV. Was that intentional?

Well, now that you said it does resembles him, but he was actually made to look like a friend of mine. Thanks for the reply!

I haven't seen League of Legends, but I like the way you drew the characters. I agree that Hunter came out better out of them both.

Between the regular sketches, I like Dhrenes the Dark Knight the most. I don't know why, I just like how she turned out. I also like Ytor, too, as he looks kinda like me :D

Glad you still check on these Alex! I really liked how Dhrenes came out too! And thanks for the reply!