Anyone else seriously annoyed by part 4 chapters?

Every one so far has been a rout objective. And enemy reinforcements show up like every 2 or 3 turns, give or take a few, making the chapters drag on and on...I'm not a LTCer, so this makes me want to pull my hair out sometimes, I'm not used to having to be quick.

Anyone else feel the same way?

Yeah the constant-spawning Disciplines can be frustrating, but honestly I love these chapters for that reason. It's kind of thrilling to watch the stakes rise when more soldiers spawn, and the Part 4 chapters are a great chance to get exp if you need to train characters for endgame.

4-4 is especially annoying in this regard. You kind of have to know ahead of time where and when soldiers spawn so you can kill them as soon as they arrive. The worst part about this chapter is that Tormod and Vika are deadweight (Muarim is decent thankfully), so you either have to sacrifice them, or go out of your way to protect them, which is tedious.

4-4 is especially annoying in this regard. You kind of have to know ahead of time where and when soldiers spawn so you can kill them as soon as they arrive. The worst part about this chapter is that Tormod and Vika are deadweight (Muarim is decent thankfully), so you either have to sacrifice them, or go out of your way to protect them, which is tedious.

I'm actually on that one...Been trying to utilize Tormod a little, him with the meteor tome and I gave the blizzard tome from the chest to Soren.

Yeah the constant-spawning Disciplines can be frustrating, but honestly I love these chapters for that reason. It's kind of thrilling to watch the stakes rise when more soldiers spawn, and the Part 4 chapters are a great chance to get exp if you need to train characters for endgame.

My biggest beef with 4-4 are the three snipers and Halberders who spawn on the left side of the map for two turns, followed by the the warriors and Sword master spawing from the bottom.

I just hate the desert chapter apart from that I rather enjoy them.

Although I agree with the spawaning being a little frustrating but I still think that makes a more fun rout objective. awakening could have taken a note from this to use on some chapters.

I think im the only person here who enjoys the hell out of 4-4. The Tanas level in Path of Radiance is actually one of my favorites in the series for some reason i cant explain. So 4-4 being a throwback to that makes me smile a lot. I never got bothered by it, aside from the Sleep Bishop of Doom in Oliver's room who loves to knock Ike out.

The desert level is a pain. I like getting the goodies so i have Sothe meandering around while other guys are hitting stuff but having to keep fliers not named Jill out of the way. Cuz dem crossbows. Or Sigrun getting fubar'd by the RNG. 4-5 is really a pain in the arse too cuz all dem spawning laguz.

I think Part 4 could have been better if it was more interesting storywise.

Gawd the desert chapter! I had to fill my team with fliers...and watch out for crossbows. Jill got put with Ike's team on my game. I just let the teams stay how Yune put them...the three peg knights got put with Micaiah though. Oh and Haar's with Ike too.

Sleep Bishop kept making Boyd go night night. Think Ike got it once, but I had Rhys behind them with a restore staff so...Boyd almost got killed too. I restored him, then had Rafiel give Rhys another turn so I could heal him.

The prologue was harder on me than it needed to be! I suck...

I think im the only person here who enjoys the hell out of 4-4.

Nah, that might be my favorite chapter in the game.

Gawd the desert chapter! I had to fill my team with fliers...and watch out for crossbows. Jill got put with Ike's team on my game. I just let the teams stay how Yune put them...the three peg knights got put with Micaiah though. Oh and Haar's with Ike too.

Damn, I can't imagine doing it without Haar and/or Jill.

Edited by Radiant head

I can agree they come to feel a bit like filler, but I still quite enjoy playing them. If there's one I like the least, it's 4-2. Just feels bland compared to the others, I guess.

Yeah, part 4 (excluding endgame) is the weakest part storywise.

These chapters are only training chapters.

All of them except for 4-5 are rout missions.

4-P and 4-2 are very boring maps.

4-1 is FoW so more interesting to play.

4-3 is for many people annoying because of desert. For me actually a cakewalk, if I have a well trained Jill. She can solo this map.

4-4 is fun and also annoying because of the masses of reinforcements. Quite like it except for three underleveled units, who join.

4-5 is the only defeat boss mission. The easiest and shortest chapter of part 4. The cats and tigers are only marginally stronger than in 3-6. Easy done in two turns with transformed Reyson and Elincia with parity / nihil and 29 speed.

Edited by Mister IceTeaPeach

4-5 is the only defeat boss mission. The easiest and shortest chapter of part 4. The cats and tigers are only marginally stronger than in 3-6. Easy done in two turns with transformed Reyson and Elincia with parity / nihil and 29 speed.

Easiest and shortest but personally I like to stick around and promote the likes of Pelleas or anyone else I want to show favoritism but couldn't deploy yet. It's like Exponential Growth but the enemies don't run away.

4-5 has by far the most interesting boss conversation (Pelleas x Izuka). Also Volke's one is pretty cool.

However this is the only interesting point of this chapter tbh.

Gameplaywise it's by far less exciting than the laguz fights in part 3, because most of your units are more than a match against them.

It's true that it's the only chapter you can train Pelleas well since he cannot use paragon in 4-2.

Edited by Mister IceTeaPeach

4-5 has by far the most interesting boss conversation (Pelleas x Izuka). Also Volke's one is pretty cool.

However this is the only interesting point of this chapter tbh.

Gameplaywise it's by far less exciting than the laguz fights in part 3, because most of your units are more than a match against them.

It's true that it's the only chapter you can train Pelleas well since he cannot use paragon in 4-2.

I thought Bastian vs Izuka was more interesting.than Pelleas's conversation with him. Incidentally, while it is possible to finish it quickly, that's also what I call boring tuna. And I'm greedy, too, so missing out on a findable stat booster, even if it's an Ashera Icon, is out of the question.

Yeah, part 4 (excluding endgame) is the weakest part storywise.

These chapters are only training chapters.

All of them except for 4-5 are rout missions.

4-P and 4-2 are very boring maps.

4-1 is FoW so more interesting to play.

4-3 is for many people annoying because of desert. For me actually a cakewalk, if I have a well trained Jill. She can solo this map.

4-4 is fun and also annoying because of the masses of reinforcements. Quite like it except for three underleveled units, who join.

I thought that 4-4 was rather boring, personally. Also, I kinda like 4-3, in part because of some of the conversations that some of the Daeins, and Naesala, have against Numida, and in part because the chapter after is annoying and boring.

Edited by Levant Caprice

I thought Bastian vs Izuka was more interesting.than Pelleas's conversation with him. Incidentally, while it is possible to finish it quickly, that's also what I call boring tuna. And I'm greedy, too, so missing out on a findable stat booster, even if it's an Ashera Icon, is out of the question.

I thought that 4-4 was rather boring, personally. Also, I kinda like 4-3, in part because of some of the conversations that some of the Daeins, and Naesala, have against Numida, and in part because the chapter after is annoying and boring.

4-4 is ok because of the difficulty.

The design isn't great, but the huge number of reinforcements make you to think in some points (especially on hard mode since the enemies' movement range is disabled).

And the enemies in the GM's chapters are higher levels than in the other two groups.

The swordmasters have speed up to 32.

Tbh I don't exactly know the Bastian x Izuka conversation, because I never have attacked him with Bastian yet.

Only used him to recruit Volke.

4-4 is ok because of the difficulty.

The design isn't great, but the huge number of reinforcements make you to think in some points (especially on hard mode since the enemies' movement range is disabled).

And the enemies in the GM's chapters are higher levels than in the other two groups.

The swordmasters have speed up to 32.

Tbh I don't exactly know the Bastian x Izuka conversation, because I never have attacked him with Bastian yet.

Only used him to recruit Volke.

I consider it the low point of part 4 because, to be blunt, I hate having deadweight units as mandatory deployment.

I can agree they come to feel a bit like filler, but I still quite enjoy playing them. If there's one I like the least, it's 4-2. Just feels bland compared to the others, I guess.

Yeah 4-2 is meh, but i love smushing Valtome with Elincia. The satisfaction is so real. I kinda try making it interesting by attempting to train Pelleas in this level. But...its just blagh.

You're NOT an LTCer, SO you're upset about this? Don't you mean "but"?

also the story gets shitty and stupid at that point

but you have god units that can deal with them anyway

Tibarn Haar Transfer Ike

Neither of these posts make sense. What are you guys trying to say? Its like they are trying to communicate! I know it!

They're failing the Turing Test, perhaps.

It's funny, 4-4 is the kind of chapter I usually like, but for some reason I never enjoy it.

4-5 is the best because EXP pinatas.

You're NOT an LTCer, SO you're upset about this? Don't you mean "but"?

I meant LTCers are used to being fast, I'm not. Get it now? :)

I meant LTCers are used to being fast, I'm not. Get it now? :)

The context of your complait sounded more like "I'm not an LTCer; I didn't keep and memorize a big list of enemy reinforcements and when they'd appear, so I got really frustrated when they appeared all over the place like the 4-P starting point". Sorry for any misunderstandings.

Edited by Delphi Sage

4-4 is fun to give Paragon to Tormod in where he can just camp on the high ground. If you don't care about turns.

Because once you get to the prep unit select screen you can go back to camp and give Tormod stuff :P

I would do that if Sanaki wasn't forced.

I still like Tormod though, because his performance in Part 1 is basically the only time a mage will so awesome. Watching him burn the crap out of dracoknights is my favorite part of 1-8.

Edited by Radiant head