The Last Promise - Hard Mode/No Growth (V.0.3.2) [Chapter 20]

DH_Ninja

yyUffDB.png?1

What is This?

This is a difficulty mod for Blazer's The Last Promise. For those unfamiliar with what the Last Promise is, you can find the thread on your own time which details every and all things about what the mod details, the graphics, the credits and everything under the sun that you could want. (Except Hard Mode).

What should I expect?

My intentions with this are to make something near or around traditional hard or near lunatic levels of play without it being terribly luck based. Players who play this should also expect twist and turns during chapters such as enemies using unexpected weapons and even changes story wise. To play successfully, you must think before you act and pay attention to what's occurring on the map! But that goes without saying. Really I'm looking to fill up some space here so things look nice.

This is largely a work in progress and is subject to changes of all sorts. Feedback is welcome and highly appreciated!

How can I help?

Play through what's currently available and provide feedback.

Credits

Regina - For providing amazing support to me via encouragement and portraits.

Blazer - For allowing me to do this to begin with.

ECut and Kitty of Time for Rogue animation

There are plenty of people along the way I also need to credit here.

I haven't forgotten you. This is the hard part.

Patches

Version 0.3.2 (Chapter 20)

No Growth Mode (Normal-Full)

Some Notes:

Fixed some unexpected bugs encountered on chapter 7 and 10.

Fixed a bug where Stephanie wasn't being carried over to other chapters.

Nerfed Cia's defense growth. (Still stronger than before)

Nerfed Inanna's speed, defense and resistance growths. (Still stronger than before)

Buffed Aqua's bases and tweaked her growths

Nerfed the stats of Bosses on Chapter 1,4 and 5.

Arthur, Storm and Aqua rejoin on Chapter 16

Chapters 16,17,17x,18,19,19x, and 20 added.

Edited by DH_Ninja

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Last Promise

yyUffDB.png?1

What is This?

This is a difficulty mod for Blazer's The Last Promise. For those unfamiliar with what the Last Promise is, you can find the link above which details every and all things about what the mod details, the graphics, the credits and everything under the sun that you could want. (Except Hard Mode).

What should I expect?

My intentions with this are to make something near or around traditional hard or near lunatic levels of play without it being terribly luck based. Players who play this should also expect twist and turns during chapters such as enemies using unexpected weapons and even changes story wise. To play successfully, you must think before you act and pay attention to what's occurring on the map! But that goes without saying. Really I'm looking to fill up some space here so things look nice.

This is largely a work in progress and is subject to changes of all sorts. Feedback is welcome and highly appreciated!

How can I help?

Play through what's currently available and provide feedback.

Credits

Regina - For providing amazing support to me via encouragement and portraits.

Blazer - For allowing me to do this to begin with.

ECut and Kitty of Time

There are plenty of people along the way I also need to credit here.

I haven't forgotten you. This is the hard part.

Patches

Version 0.1 (Siegfried Mode)

The last promsie had good things and bad things many bad things (the writing shon being a pussy cheated in 200 base avoid is just unfair bullcrap etc.)

I would play it with some rehauls and a fix to tekuns battle sprite

Edited by TTPK_Tal

Is a 15+/1 Inanna coming out of Sieg mode still a good thing to do here?

TLP is fun. I just wish the lategame prepromoted dudes had better bases and didn't require an ether sphere to be useable. [Liquid, Haas, etc.]

If you fix That One Level, I will bless your feet (figuratively speaking).

You'll need to be more clear with me.

TLP is fun. I just wish the lategame prepromoted dudes had better bases and didn't require an ether sphere to be useable. [Liquid, Haas, etc.]

I will play around with some characters. I would certainly like for some characters to be more useable. So you can expect some changes in order to accommodate for that.

Also Skitty. Sure. I also sent you a PM. Get back to me when you can.

Hey! I've been playing this hack and so far I've gotten to Chapter 2 and things are looking pretty good. I definitely notice the increased difficulty, (the Chapter 1 boss having a Swordreaver gave me a start) but I'm not really liking how Kelik insists on suiciding on the bandits in Chapter 2. The Swordreaver mooks do way over half his health, and an unlucky hit from one of the poison axe guys can end Kelik's life as soon as turn 2. It doesn't help that you get a Game Over as soon as he dies.

My suggestion would be to either rearrange the positioning of the swordreaver guys, or change Kelik's AI to either stay in place or run towards Siegfried.

I can agree with the above, at the very least move Kelik one space to the right. The well-equipped enemies are a good enough incentive to rush to his aid, having to move Siegfried to a specific spot or gamble on 50/50s is overkill.

The Prologue is also awfully luck-based if you want to get the second part, it boils down to either rigging a crit on Byron, dodging two 75s or dodging a 90. Also, why do the pegasus knights in the third chapter give no experience? It's bad enough that they take three hits to kill, your best hit chance is 80 tops, and you have to fight the first three in tight quarters.

That said, I like that I needed to make heavy use of the items I got. Shon's rapier had less than 15 uses by the second half of the tale, and I even used two charges of Paralyze! The little changes here and there are neat too, like a certain female thief actually showing up.

Liquid is quite usable actually. He has inherent Lethality and amazing growths. Lethality Kills also net him more exp.

Trying to keep the discussion limited to hard mode/hard mode changes as this is what this release is meant to be. As far as the feedback I have seen that is relevant goes. I think it's good and gives food for thought.

Finished it.

I like the overall changes and difficulty. But you gotta fix the character balance. Due to the low EXP gain there's way too much room for RNG to mess you up. Corbin got bad level ups and he couldn't do a thing. Cia and Althares feel impossible to get EXP for safely. Meanwhile Tamiko reached Level 20. Also I missed 7x due to Nomads cluttering everything. So suggestions are to maybe buff some bases.

The archer on Chapter 9 was a huge dick move. Althares died instantly. So basically, I overall like it a lot, just give some dudes a boost.

Give Knights Lances/Axes so Kevin can actully give us an axe-user in Sieg's mode. Something should be done about that pitiful playable weapon distribution.

Edited by Arch

Give Knights Lances/Axes so Kevin can actully give us an axe-user in Sieg's mode. Something should be done about that pitiful playable weapon distribution.

OhGodWhyDoYouWantMeToMakeTheBestCharacterInTheGameBetter.

I agree with Shugey on most accounts, although Tamiko reaching 20 isn't too strange; what with the increased experience staves give she could already get to 20 by the second-to-last chapter anyway. :awesome:

Giving someone access to axes in Shon's tale without needing to resort to Noah (I just realized he shares a name with the FE6 Cavalier) would also be greatly appreciated, although maybe instead of Kevin (and thus forcing him to get swords on promotion, and thus making him the best goddamn character in the whole game), perhaps you could make Shuuda an Axe Mercenary, granting him Swords on promotion?

Edited by LetsGoForIt

• 5 weeks later...

LoR9Cph.png

Okay. So it's been how long? Almost a month you say? Damn. That's a while.

Well I've been on a break from classes and a bunch of other things. And while I do have a bunch of projects I want to work on, this one is kind of a priority for me. With that being said, I'm working pretty heavily upon this. Is this a post with a patch? No. Is it a post telling you the patch is going to be up soon? Basically. A little more fine tuning and I can make an additional update.

Some Notes:

General balance changes for Chapter 1, Chapter 2, and Chapter 7

Chapters 11,12,13a, 13b, 14 & 15 have been added to the patch.

The Following Characters have been buffed:

Altharea, Cia, Arthur, Storm, Eduardo, Itsuke, Logan, Asch

Two Additional Characters are in this patch. Keep an eye out for them.

DH-ninja, here some sugestions :

- Please, just make Shon not be a pussy at the final chapter, He is the reason of this game title, and that you can't use him there is BS

- Karina must be balance: make her a skill/speed demon, while Ben can be a luck/res tank, and leopold will be the str/def fliying cannon

- I sugest give to the pre-promoted good bases and decent/bad growths, so they can do their job: be pánic buttons When someone got rng screwed

The%20Last%20Promise%20Hard01_2.png

Logan what are you doing this isn't your chapter

LOL. Thanks for the catch. I totally must have missed that while I was trying to figure out a bug. Hang on friend. I'll make a few changes and have a properly fixed patch for you.

Edit: There you go.

Edited by DH_Ninja