FE: Awakening Hacking Topic

VincentASM

I've used that. I can't figure out which ones are the children's hair. Is it the ones with numbers, ones with fc or business, or what? If no one has figured it out it's fine, but Katakana isn't enough for a n00b like me.

I don't think anyone's messed around with those yet aside from yourself.

Honestly, I'm surprised how little Awakening has been explored in terms of ROM hacking up until now.

I can help a little with this, since I looked through face briefly when I was trying to find the confession mages (still haven't found them actually). Most of the fles seem to be repeated twice, with one saying "bu" at the end and the other saying "fc." I don't know what the significance of this is. Also, and example of a file with owain's sprites is ウード_bu_通常

That file includes his hair, but so does the fc version of that file. ウード正体不明_bu_通常 and its fc counterpart seem to be largely similar to the previous file as well, and the file with his critical hit image and hair is ウード正体不明_ct_pose0

I don't believe that file has a counterpart.

• Replies 877
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you both! When I have time today, I'll move then around and see what happens. I moved alot of the characters' hair around, and I wanted to see if I could get the portraits to reflect that. Also, I'm making a patch in which Libra is a girl, so can anyone direct me to an application for converting a fanart into a file for a character's portrait. (.arc)

Thank you both! When I have time today, I'll move then around and see what happens. I moved alot of the characters' hair around, and I wanted to see if I could get the portraits to reflect that. Also, I'm making a patch in which Libra is a girl, so can anyone direct me to an application for converting a fanart into a file for a character's portrait. (.arc)

Yeah, I... have no idea on that one. You'd have to decompress the .ctpk's in the arc, replace the pngs, rebuild the .ctpk, and somehow repackage the whole file back into .arc... but i don't know how to do that last part.

Edit: Now I'm a little curious if it would be possible to add in entirely new sprites for characters, if we set up their files in face the same way the other sprites are set up.

Edited by UnassumingVenusaur

Can someone direct me please direct me to a good ARC extractor? I've downloaded two, and they both say that the ARC files in the face folder aren't supported. I would really like to know so I can actually edit the portraits. Apparently I forgot to find that before getting started.

Can someone direct me please direct me to a good ARC extractor? I've downloaded two, and they both say that the ARC files in the face folder aren't supported. I would really like to know so I can actually edit the portraits. Apparently I forgot to find that before getting started.

You can extract arc's using FEAT and the ctpk's inside using ctpk tool.

http://gbatemp.net/threads/fire-emblem-awakening-same-sex-marriage-more.404061/page-15

Already been done! Look at the posts of me, GCNMatt. Models were swapped around successfully. I know what you did wrong but it's difficult to explain. Essentially, certain Body model files can't be moved around or they will cause the result that you had. Examples are Cynthia as a Pegasus knight, Sumia and Cordelia with any others but each other, and Cherche Wyvern Rider. This is because they have an extra file that tells the game what to do with the texture, so unless there is 3+ matching it, (0-2), it won't work.

Oh, awesome, looking into this now.

I didn't expect what I did to work, but when I saw it at least didn't crash, I figured I'd mess with it a bit, but yeah. But so you're saying that for body model swapping, you're supposed to change character recruitment order instead...? Or that swapping the model files actually does work, but just not in those specific cases?

Not in those specific cases. The first post was character recruitment, (nightmare) and the second was model file swapping. It does work, and remarkably well. Also, don't know if you can tell by the pictures, but if the mother and child are swapped, the mother inherits hair color. Panne's hair is a dark brown in that image, and in nonposted work, I found that Sumia inherited my character's hair color when swapped with Cynthia. (I married Sumia in that file)

Oh, okay. That's kind of unfortunate, since mercenary Cynthia in her normal outfit was, like, one of the main ones I wanted, but I'll definitely look into some foot classes. Just to make sure, you're supposed to copy all the textures of the new model too, right? Or can it try and apply the old textures to the new model?

EDIT: And on the note of swapping characters themselves, unfortunately I've already recruited everyone so this would probably be more for save editing, but I've been told that you can swap a character with the save data (like to change Robin/Morgan's gender or maybe move Chrom around (though I just deleted Chrom so) and maybe that's how FireEditor clones characters too? But I don't know how to locate people in a hex editor (I can guess, but uhhh...))

Edited by 47948201

Essentially, all you need to do is rename the texture and the corresponding model and then rename the texture being replaced to the original. If you move the model, be willing to have an earlier result on enemy fighters of the same class. And yes, you can swap characters with FirEditor. It won't have any parental pointer effects if you swap generations unless you use Nightmare. I would suggest that you look into Olmectron's Save Editor. He actually plans to release the Final in a few days, but you can still download the latest alpha from the GBATemp thread.

• 2 weeks later...

Questions:

1) Is there a text string editor already?

2) Is it possible to give Vaike back his awesome manly muscular body after reclass to Berserker?

3) Is it possible to fix that annoying bug in American release which randomly resets Japanese voices to English? Euro version is a later release in which this was fixed.

4) Is it possible to hack digital (eShop) release?

Edited by Cerberus87

While AR codes are a tad outdated (in fact, pretty outdated compared to external programs), I would like to request a conversion of the Class Modifier code from earlier in the thread for a European version. I really would not like to come off as rude, the reason I ask is that I can't seem to dump my save properly for FireEditor through a Gateway card. The tutorial on the front page doesn't seem to work for a file with DLC or SpotPass, both of which I have. Would this be possible? I apologize in advance if I've missed a converted code already, or something along those lines.

While AR codes are a tad outdated (in fact, pretty outdated compared to external programs), I would like to request a conversion of the Class Modifier code from earlier in the thread for a European version. I really would not like to come off as rude, the reason I ask is that I can't seem to dump my save properly for FireEditor through a Gateway card. The tutorial on the front page doesn't seem to work for a file with DLC or SpotPass, both of which I have. Would this be possible? I apologize in advance if I've missed a converted code already, or something along those lines.

I don't know about gateway, but you can dump your save trivially via SVDT through the homebrew launcher, which is accessible on every FW version of the 3DS (not that matters considering you can downgrade on 10.3 now).

Does anybody here know if Vincent's 0% growths mod (instructions in this topic here) work with .cia on CFW? That's what my console runs, and I've been interested in getting the patch to run on it. I must be pretty dense as far as all the hacking stuff goes, because the online resources haven't helped me much with this endeavour so far.

This is a really cool hacking method. I've talked to a few others over at GBATemp and I at least know how to edit existing supports. I'm still having some difficulty concerning how to add in new supports without crashing the game and getting the supports to show in the supports log. I'm also having some difficulty with the Nightmare 2 stuff; I'm not sure what some of the options are supposed to mean. By the way, I'm ROM hacking all of this instead of RAM hacking.

The support log is handled by an entirely different file, reliancelist.bin.lz found in the data folder, just use this one, which was modified to give every character every possible support within the support log.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/fire-emblem-awakening-same-sex-marriage-more.404061/page-18#post-5905757

Edited by DeathChaos25

So, I just finished messing with the Character Editor to randomize the classes in the game. However, there are two more things I'd like to know how to do.

1. Change the classes in the prologue for MU and Google Cram.

2. Change the starting items of units.

Also, if possible, 3. Change enemy classes.

Are any of these possible as of right now?

I actually got Grima as a unit to work with Romhacking, on any map, without crashing, however, Expiration still refuses to work outside of chapter 26.

What I did was, There's a character ID for "Dummy", I simply made it so that this character ID reads Grima's information, so basically, the character ID is Dummy, but the Unit is now Grima.

Here are some screenshots;

Here is my normals Male MU

thzjuBA.png

Here's Grima;

jw2BVDn.png

Here's Grima's character profile;

7km5Dh2.png

Here's Grima paired up with my MU, having a staredown with the Assassin Risen because the attack animation for Expiration never happened;

C0Z0XQ4.png

Edit: After that sloppy label change, because literally all I did was slap the Grima label unto Dummy, I went and actually got Grima's character, took me a bit more effort though.

shyW3q4.pngcMx3nbv.png

THIS is actual Grima, not a sloppy label change, you can tell because the previous one's name was "Unknown" and so where the labels, these are his actual stat caps (Outrealm Skill is limit breaker), but his base skills where oddly enough only Vantage+ and Anathema.

Expiration is still a no go sadly, so this can only mean it is 100% last map only, and possibly enemy only, will test shortly.

Edit2: So, Expiration is 100% Absolutely hardcoded to only specifically work with Final Boss Grima.

jVmc4IJ.png

Also, @VincentASM and to anyone using the character editor module, the "Mystery Pointer" is actually a block of pointers to the character's map sprites, FF means it uses a Generic sprite, otherwise the number indicates the unique sprite for that character, this block is 0xA8 bytes in size.

Edited by DeathChaos25

The support log is handled by an entirely different file, reliancelist.bin.lz found in the data folder, just use this one, which was modified to give every character every possible support within the support log.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/fire-emblem-awakening-same-sex-marriage-more.404061/page-18#post-5905757

Thanks for the file! I wanted to give Chrom the option to support everyone playable like the Avatar (considering that he is the general of the Shepherds) but restrict his S supports to those he meets before the end of Chapter 11. By the way, will it change the marriage scenes and the Lucina scenes involving her "mother"?

I actually got Grima as a unit to work with Romhacking, on any map, without crashing, however, Expiration still refuses to work outside of chapter 26.
What I did was, There's a character ID for "Dummy", I simply made it so that this character ID reads Grima's information, so basically, the character ID is Dummy, but the Unit is now Grima.
Also, @VincentASM and to anyone using the character editor module, the "Mystery Pointer" is actually a block of pointers to the character's map sprites, FF means it uses a Generic sprite, otherwise the number indicates the unique sprite for that character.

That might also explain why trying to give the Avatar of either sex the Dragonskin, Pavise+, and Aegis+ gives them different skills instead (All Stats +2 and two other skills) and/or why trying to give Chrom "Bond" will result in the game crashing if you look at the Avoid +10 skill.

I also recently just got HxD (a hex editor program) and I'm looking for a way to change base stats for classes, class and character growth rates, class stat caps, and the offset ID numbers for all the data I would need to edit. I want to try experimenting with giving characters new starting stats and equipment for new files as well as edited growth rates (I already know how to give them different reclass options and how to edit their stat modifiers). I also want to edit which growths and stat cap modifiers are affected by choosing the asset and flaw for the Avatar. VincentASM once mentioned having to strip some bytes from the static.bin after using FEAT to decompress it and put them back in after editing and recompressing it but I don't know what that means.

Edited by Blue Sun

Edit2: So, Expiration is 100% Absolutely hardcoded to only specifically work with Final Boss Grima.

jVmc4IJ.png

Not surprising at all.

The portable FE games had this with their final boses (especially dragonstones) as well.

Hello, I was looking for AR codes to help accelerate my grinding (it's so dull...)

In the Spider AR database there already is a code that gives quick level up, but there are other, annoying things that take a bit long to grind for, namely, Weapon EXP and Support levels.

Are there USA codes to get these faster? Preferably no Item codes or stuff like that.

Oh, and i forgot to mention, Stats, that, too. Perhaps a code like the one for Shadow Dragon, that makes all stats +1 on level up?

Edited by FrozenDragon150