FE: Awakening Hacking Topic

VincentASM

Please accept my apologies for if this question has been asked before, I must have missed it while browsing the forest.

With this method, would it be possible to recruit Mustafa? I always felt that he should've been a recruitable unit. (Replace his character pointer number with a current member of your guild?) I don't know much about 3DS ROM Hacking, I'm more of a "casual" GBA/DS/GC/Wii guy. Probably should hop on the 3DS Rom Hacking boat with all the stuff you guys are finding out. Huge thanks to all of you!

Yes, you can use him, but you can't recruit him permanently.

What you'd have to do is temporarily replace an existing character's data with his data.

TBH, temporarily having him is probably better than permanent, as you're less liable to corrupt your save file.

Even if you switch them around though, FeMU's Morgan takes priority.

That's what happened to mine.

I wonder if it's two different chapters.

Like they're clones. And it has a different "Chapter value".

And if we can trigger that by just going into a Skirmish and then manipulating the value as it loaded.

Just as you can do with the GBA FE's.

I like the thinking, but I think it's just one chapter with different units loaded.

Either way, I have a bad feeling it might be too complex. Both Morgans are stored in static.bin (like the two Avatars), but IIRC someonewhodied got crashes when trying to add Morgan.

Edited by VincentASM

• Replies 877
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What you'd have to do is temporarily replace an existing character's data with his data.

TBH, temporarily having him is probably better than permanent, as you're less liable to corrupt your save file.

I see, that clears things up. I was actually wondering about the liability of your save file getting corrupt as well, seeing as Mustafa never is supposed to be on your guild in the first place. It seems I need to get into this 3DS Rom Hacking a bit myself, Mustafa here I come! Thanks Vince!

I like the thinking, but I think it's just one chapter with different units loaded.

Either way, I have a bad feeling it might be too complex. Both Morgans are stored in static.bin (like the two Avatars), but IIRC someonewhodied got crashes when trying to add Morgan.

I got my twin morgans working. You need a parent pointer for morgan or else the game crashes. Doesn't seem to be the case for other child characters.

My game didn't crash when I created a Male Morgan without a parent pointer. Even saved/restarted and gone into battle with both.

http://youtu.be/2gRqCoDZPls

The unit I replaced was a Robin I saved to the Logbook without leveling up. Asset Def, Flaw Luck. He cost 4000 to recruit. I first deleted Logbook pointer. Then replaced the character pointer with male Morgan.

What's interesting is how Male Morgan's Base stats auto adjusted. I don't know if the stat caps changed too. One second hopping on computer to type more.

Robin's base stats:

HP: 19, Str: 6, Mag: 5, Skill: 5; Spd: 6; Lck: 2, Def; 8, Res; 4

Morgan replacing Robin's base stats

HP: 25, Str: 10, Mag: 11, Skill: 12; Spd: 11; Lck: 7, Def; 8, Res; 10

Oh and if I give Male Morgan the same parent pointer as Female Morgan, the supports "unlock" for Male Morgan to support the parents (Jacien/Tharja), Noire and Female Morgan(?). They were all already at A rank, though. But he can support other child units normally without this link.

I was right about it though. Parent/Child and Sibling Supports are unlocked when there's a Parent Pointer linking to the child's parent. The pointer goes to the mother (or father for Female Morgan) see's who they are married with, then it unlocks all the appropriate supports.

Now I need to figure out how I can create the proper parent pointer. Cause I want to make Male Morgan that I created point the the Female Avatar that I imported. And it is dynamic every time the game loads. :/

Oh btw, when Morgan is created with no parents to reference, the hair color defaults to F99EAF. It's pink.

Edited by Jacien

@bobsung Forge another item like an Iron Sword or something and give it a name you can easily look up on the RAM dump.

5x3keTx.png

To change it to a weapon that can't normally be forged, change the value of three bytes behind the ones I outlined in the black box.

In my RAM dump that would be the "05" at 0135BDE3 (05 = Brave Sword). I made a post with the instructions for forging a few pages

back. Please look through older pages for answers to your questions as often as you can.

So I got the DLC installed onto my hacked 3DS, and I loaded up Future Pasts and RAM dumped it so I can see what the default hair colors are given to the Children Units without fathers when going in. Surprisingly, the Character Pointers are the same for the 2nd gen for my Retail Cart/ROM dump, except for Morgan.

Model used for this Morgan is actually Robin, since he was a Sorcerer wearing a helmet, you couldn't tell. I changed him to Tactitian to see his head. Not the same white as Type 1 hair for Robin, which is F6F4EFFF..

Changing the hair color does nothing either. This seems to be a default Robin model. Probably the same for Female Morgan in Future Past 2.

Then there the character pointers started changing on me, probably because I'm loading a ROM via Gateway.

And now I made a list of what are the default hair colors of the children in Future Past. They are the same as if you were to recruit a child unit without a parent pointer, DLC didn't change anything. So here is the list, I found them by searching the skills. As you can see, not all child units use the exact same hair color as their mother.

Yarne is the same as Morgan with the Pink Hair, F99EAF.

Noire
Skills: 04002100000000000000 (Skill+2, Prescience)
Color: 454545FF

Nah
Skills: 15000000000000000000 (Odd Rhythm)
Hair: C1D5ADFF

Cynthia
Skills: 05002A00000000000000 (Speed +2, Relief)
Hair: A19791FF

Kjelle
Skills: 06001C00000000000000 (Defense +2, Indoor Fighter)
Hair: 464646FF

??? (Male Morgan Enemy, Male Robin Model)
Skills: 28005100000000000000 (Anathema, Counter)
Hair: DAD3BDFF

Inigo
Skills: 10002200000000000000 (Armsthrift, Patience)
Hair: 999191FF

Owain
Skills: 0A004E00000000000000 (Avoid +10, Vantage)

Brady
Skills: 29005200000000000000 (Heal Touch, Miracle)
Hair: F2E7C4FF

Yarne
Skills: 16000000000000000000 (Even Rhythm)
Hair: F99EAFFF

??? (Female Morgan Enemy, Female Robin Model)
Skills: 280043004E0000000000 (Anathema, Bowbreaker, Vantage)

Lucina
Skills: 12002400000000000000 (Dual Strike+, Charm)
Hair: 505C81FF

Severa
Skills: 10002200000000000000 (Armsthrift, Patience)
Hair: AF5454FF

Gerome
Skills: 02001D00000000000000 (Strength+2, Tantivy)
Hair: D27F84FF

Laurent
Skills: 03001E00000000000000 (Magic+2, Focus)
Hair: 804646FF

Edited by Jacien

So as far as I know, I need a physical copy of the game to hack it(so i can use gateway) and I can't use my Downloaded copy? Is this correct or not cause I really wanna mess around with Awakening :D

You can RAM dump with a physical copy, a digital copy, or a pirated copy. They all work.

That reminds me, I wonder if we can dump any DLC assets from the RAM...?

Not sure what to grab though... Maybe the swimsuit/yukata CGs? Portraits of the various Annas (bikini, yukata, Apotheosis)?

Good thing the DLC music is all in the official OST (although I bet that would be the easiest thing to dump).

You can RAM dump with a physical copy, a digital copy, or a pirated copy. They all work.

It works the same as you guys have been doing it? I have no idea where to even start if it works and all. I also don't want to risk all of my save files since i just beat lunatic + classic :D

Just discovered changing the Parent Pointer also changes the stat caps.

Male Morgan (and I'm thinking all child units)'s caps without any parent influence at Tactician is 60 HP, 30 Luck, and everything else is 25.

Like this:

(I forgot to feed Seraph Robes, it caps at 60 of course)

Dgj9i5p.jpg

I gave him the same parent pointer as other Morgan (I'm assuming points to my Avatar then sees the S-rank with Tharja, wish I knew how it worked). And his stats changed

PTlfuOD.jpg

After recapping those stats, they match Noire's, whose caps are also a result of the same pairing (going from Tharja to Avatar)

VdJqvJC.jpg

B12ARhq.jpg

Neat. So if we could figure out how Parent Pointers are generated, or if there's a common distance between them, we could make our own at anytime without having to reference an already created child.

My Avatar is Def Asset and Luck Flaw btw

Edited by Jacien

I'll try experimenting with it at a later time... but I wonder if I can just create a copy of Morgan, change the character to Female, add a parent pointer, change the unit coordinates (and roster number), and reload the chapter.

My plan is to have both Male/Female Avatars (versions that can Support), then female and male Morgan that point to their true parent (FeMorgan to MaAvatar, and MaMorgan to FeAvatar). So each Avatar can marry whomever they want.

Not sure how to ask this, but here goes nothing:

May I request a script dump of the main story chapters, paralogues, and supports? (Is DLC accessible?)

It's a shit ton of text, I'm out of my mind.

I don't suppose any of you have tried following the parent pointer? My guess would be it points into the character static block table, or some patch array that then points there.

Either way, looking at the structure it points to should let you generate the right addresses for whatever parent you need.

Admittingly, I have no idea how those pointers point. Lol.

I've just being doing the simple stuff like hair color and just learning how things affect each other.

...It's a memory address. A pointer is just a memory location where you expect to find data, I'm assuming these are either blind pointers or have a simple reference table somewhere.

You'll need to flip it to big-endian to get the right offset, then just see what's at the address it lists.

Okay so I figured it out.

That whole Big/Little Endian is the flipping business I've already done before. So I flip the Point, and minus 14000000, cause I remember it was something SoC mentioned.

So for Lucina, it goes from E06C4F15 to 154F6CE0. Then minus 14000000 to get 014F6CE0 which is the offset. And it leads me to 508C3915 which is Chrom's character ID.

Neat.

Edited by Jacien

It's not part of the roster or the table, and it seems the order can change around. Cause in a recent dump, that offset now belongs to my Avatar Male (A8853915). It's a weird spot, don't know what this is.

I noticed they're followed by ??????14, the ?'s being wild cards.

And Female Avatar's Character ID is not in there.

UtXcXIB.png

So I just did an S-support with Female Avatar (converted Logbook unit) and Libra. Saved the game, restarted, loaded it up and saved again. Went to home menu and dumped.

I decided to try thing, have Male Morgan's Parent Pointer point to my Female Avatar's Character Pointer in the Roster data. She's in Slot 1, which is at 013D0284. So I change it to 84023D15. Let's see what I break, lol.

013D06D8 84023D15

Aaaaaaaaaaand, the game froze. lol That doesn't work.

Now I gotta start doing things so i can't play around with it. And now I learned how Character Pointers work. They point to the Character Table! I'm learning! I'm helping!

EDIT: Oh I have an idea. I'll give it a shot when I finish trimming this tree. (Not what you think)

Nope, didn't work. I noticed there were two entries generated for A885391507060014 after creating the "main" female Avatar. But having Male Morgan point to the one not used by Female Morgan made it crash. Hmm...

FINAL EDIT: Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh, I get it now. This ties back to how depending on depending which Avatar was in the lead when the game is loaded, the game thinks that's the main Avatar. So that data I found will always only have for one Avatar. And Morgan's pointer will always point to that. The game won't generate a separate entry for "new" lead Avatars.

I loaded up the save and now Female Morgan's parent is my Female Avatar.

So what I'll do is, probaby have Female Avatar marry to Chrom instead, Male Morgan won't be generated. Instead, when I create him I'll give him the same parent pointer as Lucina pointing to Chrom's data referencing to Female Avatar.

Damn, I wonder how powerful a Lucina!MorganF would be from a FeMU!Lucina?

FINAL EDIT 2: Lol this is weird. Making Chrom Support to Female Avatar says Male Avatar is his Wife. The cutscenes where Chrom would talk to his wife, has Male Avatar appear for a second then the dialog is skipped.

But for the Female Avatar it says Chrom is her Husband. Male Avatar has nothing on him.

So in summary, whenever somebody marries an Avatar, the name will reflect the file name.

Edited by Jacien

That's BS:

My game kept crashing when i do that. Maybe theres a mistake in my code and i'm deleting the wrong pointer then.

Thought it doesn't matter to me now since i got my twin morgans.

Edited by someonewhodied