FE: Awakening Hacking Topic

VincentASM

Hi, stupid question I'm sure everyone's tired of hearing. Is it possible to dump memory (i.e. do any of this) with a o3DS on firmware 9.8 (U) with the eshop version of awakening? The abovementioned guide says that it only works on 3DSes with firmware <= 9.5, but I'm not sure if that information is still accurate. If it is possible, howabouts would I go about modifying awakening?

E: alternatively, the save game editor here: http://gbatemp.net/threads/wip-fireeditor-fe-a-save-editor.397493/

Really stupid question, but how would I go about getting the save data manager required to work on 9.8? I'm reasonably sure I can use browserhax, I'm just not entirely sure how to go about doing so. Assume I've done nothing with my 3DS so far (because I haven't)

Edited by The Iron Rose

• Replies 877
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is the Item Editor Nightmare module I've just made: https://mega.nz/#!jFMkERiQ!KFeP0O044sT2O7PkRx45o0d9tWb12B3yJX9hPo00UvA

Because Nightmare can't handle bit flags, I have to put a list of every possible flag combination in the module. I'd recommend Nightmare 2 for flag editing because the original version is not good at handling long dropdown list. There are some "Unknown" fields in the module, because I haven't been able to figure out everything yet.

How to use: Open GameData.bin with Item Editor.nmm.

Flag guide:

1  Usable
2  Brave weapon
3  Magic weapon
4  Long range weapon
5  Effect + Magic / 2
6  Disables special effects
7  Can open treasure chests
8  Can open doors
9  ISID_購入半額
10 ISID_秘密店発見
11 Valuables
12 Unremovable
13 Infinite uses
14 God weapon
15 Boost stats when equipped
16 Recover HP each turn when equipped
17 Absorb half the enemy's HP
18 Astra
19 Sol
20 Luna
21 Ignis
22 Vengeance
23 Despoil
24 Swordbreaker
25 Lancebreaker
26 Axebreaker
27 Bowbreaker
28 Tomebreaker
29 Patience
30 Underdog
31 Healing Staff
32 Interference Staff
33 Special Staff
34 Pickup item (event tile, barracks)
35 Chrom only
36 Lords only
37 Myrmidons and Swordmasters only
38 Archers and Snipers only
39 Dark tome
40 Marth and Lucina only
41 Walhart only
42 Owain only
43 For men
44 For women
45 Forged weapon
46 Cannot forge
47 Basic weapon
48 Enemy only
49 Summon something to overworld map
50 ISID_強制オンバト
51 Cannot be used in communication
52 Supreme Emblem
53 Gold
54 Reserve
55 Price based on difficulty

Hi, stupid question I'm sure everyone's tired of hearing. Is it possible to dump memory (i.e. do any of this) with a o3DS on firmware 9.8 (U) with the eshop version of awakening? The abovementioned guide says that it only works on 3DSes with firmware <= 9.5, but I'm not sure if that information is still accurate. If it is possible, howabouts would I go about modifying awakening?

E: alternatively, the save game editor here: http://gbatemp.net/threads/wip-fireeditor-fe-a-save-editor.397493/

Really stupid question, but how would I go about getting the save data manager required to work on 9.8? I'm reasonably sure I can use browserhax, I'm just not entirely sure how to go about doing so. Assume I've done nothing with my 3DS so far (because I haven't)

There's no public way to dump memory on a 9.8 3DS. If you want to use svdt, try this guide. Edited by RainThunder

Here is the Item Editor Nightmare module I've just made: https://mega.nz/#!jFMkERiQ!KFeP0O044sT2O7PkRx45o0d9tWb12B3yJX9hPo00UvA

Because Nightmare can't handle bit flags, I have to put a list of every possible flag combination in the module. Note that if you want to edit flags, you have to use Nightmare 2 because the original version can't display long dropdown list. There are some "Unknown" fields in the module, because I haven't been able to figure out everything yet.

Flag guide:

1  ISID_使用可能
2  Brave weapon
3  Magic weapon
4  ISID_遠距離
5  Effect + Magic / 2
6  ISID_特効無効
8  Can open doors
9  ISID_購入半額
10 ISID_秘密店発見
11 Valuables
12 Unremovable
13 Infinite uses
14 God weapon
18 Astra
19 Sol
20 Luna
21 Ignis
22 Vengeance
23 Despoil
24 Swordbreaker
25 Lancebreaker
26 Axebreaker
27 Bowbreaker
28 Tomebreaker
29 Patience
30 Underdog
31 Healing Staff
32 Interference Staff
33 Special Staff
35 Chrom only
36 Lords only
39 Dark tome
40 Marth and Lucina only
41 Walhart only
42 Owain only
43 For men
44 For women
45 ISID_錬成武器
46 ISID_錬成不可
47 Basic weapon
48 Enemy only
50 ISID_強制オンバト
51 ISID_通信譲渡禁止
52 Supreme Emblem
53 Gold
54 Reserve
55 ISID_難易度価格

Hey, this is all really cool, wow! Would this be at all useful for people looking to make a FE:A Randomizer? (I'm not one of those people, but know of a few).

Hey, this is all really cool, wow! Would this be at all useful for people looking to make a FE:A Randomizer? (I'm not one of those people, but know of a few).

Yes. The information in .nmm file can be used for randomizing. It's just a text file with specific format.

Because Nightmare can't handle bit flags, I have to put a list of every possible flag combination in the module. Note that if you want to edit flags, you have to use Nightmare 2 because the original version can't display long dropdown list. There are some "Unknown" fields in the module, because I haven't been able to figure out everything yet.

Flag guide:

1  ISID_使用可能
2  Brave weapon
3  Magic weapon
4  ISID_遠距離
5  Effect + Magic / 2
6  ISID_特効無効
8  Can open doors
9  ISID_購入半額
10 ISID_秘密店発見
11 Valuables
12 Unremovable
13 Infinite uses
14 God weapon
18 Astra
19 Sol
20 Luna
21 Ignis
22 Vengeance
23 Despoil
24 Swordbreaker
25 Lancebreaker
26 Axebreaker
27 Bowbreaker
28 Tomebreaker
29 Patience
30 Underdog
31 Healing Staff
32 Interference Staff
33 Special Staff
35 Chrom only
36 Lords only
39 Dark tome
40 Marth and Lucina only
41 Walhart only
42 Owain only
43 For men
44 For women
45 ISID_錬成武器
46 ISID_錬成不可
47 Basic weapon
48 Enemy only
50 ISID_強制オンバト
51 ISID_通信譲渡禁止
52 Supreme Emblem
53 Gold
54 Reserve
55 ISID_難易度価格

There's no public way to dump memory on a 9.8 3DS. If you want to use svdt, try this guide.

This was an incredible help, thank you so much! I've managed to get homebrew working using browserhax (+ menuhax to make it easier to launch). Downloaded the starter kit, and it all worked fine.

Last question since I'm not super familiar with the 3ds homebrew scene. I'm vaguely aware of the difference between sysNAND and emuNAND. My sysNAND is presumably 9.8. I don't have emuNAND (yet). My question is whether or not it's possible, on 9.8, to set-up emuNAND so I can access the eshop and games that require such without having to update sysNAND? Or is emuNAND only possible on <=9.2? If so, do you know of a good guide somewhere? I'd be very grateful, seriously.

Basically I kinda love being able to run homebrew on my 3DS and would not wish to give that up, but I also want to get Fates when it comes out in a digital format and I'll need to update my 3DS then to access the eshop. I know 2.5 hax enables the eshop, but for the life of me every time I run it the eshop, even manually through HANS checking the FW version spoofing to yes and saving the configuration, nada.

E: Oh, the various cheat codes that have been posted here - I know you can convert them to QAR codes but will they actually work for my game, given I'm on 9.8? Or can I use HANS+braindump to install an edited static.bin.lz

e2: Ah looks like they only work for <=9.4

Edited by The Iron Rose

Last question since I'm not super familiar with the 3ds homebrew scene. I'm vaguely aware of the difference between sysNAND and emuNAND. My sysNAND is presumably 9.8. I don't have emuNAND (yet). My question is whether or not it's possible, on 9.8, to set-up emuNAND so I can access the eshop and games that require such without having to update sysNAND? Or is emuNAND only possible on <=9.2? If so, do you know of a good guide somewhere? I'd be very grateful, seriously.

E: Oh, the various cheat codes that have been posted here - I know you can convert them to QAR codes but will they actually work for my game, given I'm on 9.8? Or can I use HANS+braindump to install an edited static.bin.lz

e2: Ah looks like they only work for <=9.4

Currently there's no way to have emuNAND if your 3DS firmware is higher than 9.2. QR codes only works for those who have 9.0.0-20 - 9.5.0-22 O3DS. With homebrew, you can edit Fire Emblem saves and play ROM hacks. If you don't have access to any other entrypoints like OoThax or Ninjhax, you can't use homebrew after updating.

What are the things you can change with this? Is it basic Nightmare hacking, like changing stats & growths around, or can you change things like enemy positioning & chapter goals as well? (:

What are the things you can change with this? Is it basic Nightmare hacking, like changing stats & growths around, or can you change things like enemy positioning & chapter goals as well? (:

From what I understand, Character Editor only changes things about the playable characters (base stats, support options, etc), Item Editor changes the stats, qualities, etc of items and weapons, and Class Editor changes the stat caps, abilities, etc of certain classes. I don't think anyone has made something for enemy positioning or chapter goals yet.

Im can you guys help? I want to do supports for awakening and i've been downloading a lot of shit for it. Can anyone give me a list of the programs and perhaps tutorials I really want do them. I've downloaded Nightmare 2.0, 3dsExplorer, Rom fs extractor, and even FEA(USA).cia. thanks new to here.

Man, if you want to do supports, that's quite the loaded Question, nobody has bothered to actually document anything regarding supports, aside from the FE:IF Text Simulator which has a small guide here, and even then there's a crap ton of unexplained stuff that I've been slowly learning as we go along.

For starters, we can actually make supports that didn't exist between 2 characters, all you need to know is a few Katakanas that are easily findable through google search if you don't know any Japanese at all (like me).

Normal supports just need both character names in the filename divided by an underscore, say you wanted a support between Chrom and Cordelia, the filename for this would be ティアモ_クロム (tiamo_kuromu), for sibling support, _兄弟 has to be at the end of the filename, so say you wanted to do a support between Twin Morgans (male and female), then the filename would be マーク男_マーク女_兄弟 (maakumale_maakufemale_sibling), and if you wanted to do a convo between a child and parent, then _親子 at the end of the file instead, for example, a parent child convo between Severa and Chrom would be named セレナ_クロム_親子(serena_kuromu_parent), or one between Lucina and Cordelia would be マルス_ティアモ_親子 (mars_tiamo_parent), an example of the Chromdelia files can be found here, you can download the files there and put them into your game to test them to see they work.

In here, is an example of a completely custom support convo made from scratch (although my first attempt I had trouble with apostrophes and ellipses because the place where I copied the support script from used special characters for them), and the second time I kept messing up the line breaks), there's probably a lot of stuff that needs to be explained, but they're mostly things that you'll better learn as you go.

As a result of this being a recent breakthrough, nobody has bothered to document the voice events for each character, so a github repo has been made here, which we are slowly building as we document the voice events for each character.

Also, No, It is not possible to make a support convo between 2 MUs, it is made impossible by the game engine.

Edited by DeathChaos25

It looks complicated. However, i'm wondering what Programs your using cuz I want to join the fun (and pain!). Im planing to do Cynthia and Priam シンシア_バリス, I have the Awakening Rom or CIA on my PC cuz I lost my 3ds and getting a new one around march. I saw Gaius and Anna supports and there well done. Also Chrom's, Severa's, and Cordelia's. Plz list the programs cuz I have a mess going throgh a lot of forums telling me to download this and that. Just want the exact the resources I need. :D

Ok, first thing you need to know is, once you decrypt the romfs from the rom, the supports conversations are all found in the m/E/ directory, they are all .bin.lz files, to decrypt these files, you need FEAT, once you drag and drop the .bin.lz file into FEAT, it'll decrypt it and give you a normal .txt file with the support conversation coded into it.

Make whatever changes you desire, or if you're creating your own custom support from scratch, just create a normal .txt document while coding your support into it, then drag the .txt file back into FEAT, it will compress it and give it to you in a .bin.lz format, which you will then drag and drop into the m/E/ directory in the romfs, rebuild the romfs and then test your conversation ingame.

A handy tool that you can use to give you a rough idea of how your support looks is the Fire Emblem: If text simulator, do note that it does not support Awakening characters apart from very few minor cases, for Example, Anna is still Anna, and while testing my Anna support with Gaius, I coded it into the If simulator as Grey and Anna, it was similar enough so that when putting it back into the game I just changed every reference of Grey back into Gaius, do note the the simulator is not 1:1 with the actual games, so sometimes the text might look completely normal in the simulator, and then completely freak out when put back into the game.

You... literally just make a file and put it in the M folder? (The E folder in the M folder for the English game)

No freaking editing the static.bin?

Wow... freaking Awakening...

That's quite easier than how we had to do it in GBA days.

Edited by shadowofchaos

You... literally just make a file and put it in the M folder? (The E folder in the M folder for the English game)

No freaking editing the static.bin?

Wow... freaking Awakening...

That's quite easier than how we had to do it in GBA days.

Yeah, thankfully it's as simple as that, and the name order doesn't seem to matter, although I haven't really tried to put 2 of the same file with flipped names, but so far, I've tried about 10 different supports and they've all worked, even without following the naming pattern.

You can very easily copy/paste the template from another support, replace the character references, and then just properly name the file, compress it, drop it in the m folder, and it'll work.

However, this only makes the conversation show up when called, you still need to edit static.bin for the characters to show up in each other's support pool, and we still don't know why we can't add extra supports without having the game crash, meaning we have to remove supports to add, not to mention that nothing from static.bin translates over to the support log, meaning custom convos are only viewable ingame until we figure out how to add them to the support log.

A word of advice though, sometimes when running text through FEITS it looks completely normal, but then when you go ingame the textbox goes offscreen from both sides, and you get text starting from offscreen and it clips around the first word and a half or so, so don't be afraid to insert a line break if you feel it's too long, or if you feel like you have a short phrase like, "Oh, Milord!", but you feel like the text after is too long, just make the phrase it's own text box, and just add $k$p after it to make it scroll so the next text properly fits, and example would be this;

WkAc8h2.png

2qnatrY.png

Edited by DeathChaos25

That can pretty much get you banned here.

damn. well im need someone to check for me :P when im done.

Can some one get me the code for the BGM for the supports in awakening. Also can you get me cynthias and priams voice acting code to put in it. I can use the FEITS and then just change names and add BGM and VA right?

If you want the voice and BGM events, you're going to have to patiently wait for those, nobody has bothered to document anything, most of the github repo has been done by myself, with 1 person having joined recently, and even then progress is still going to go slowly.

If you want the voice and BGM events, you're going to have to patiently wait for those, nobody has bothered to document anything, most of the github repo has been done by myself, with 1 person having joined recently, and even then progress is still going to go slowly.

Now that I finished my MaMU x Chrom S Support, I might pick up the pace on that a little.

*waits very patiently*

I think your wait is over now, our good friend UnassumingVenasaur has taken it upon herself to document Priam (PARIS) and Cynthia voice clips, and I have made availible the BGMs so that they can be listened to online, the filenames already match the events to call them, so just listen to them, if you find the appropriate one, use the filename to call it.

The github repo is now (conveniently) linked in my sig, should make things a little bit easier.

I think your wait is over now, our good friend UnassumingVenasaur has taken it upon herself to document Priam (PARIS) and Cynthia voice clips, and I have made availible the BGMs so that they can be listened to online, the filenames already match the events to call them, so just listen to them, if you find the appropriate one, use the filename to call it.

The github repo is now (conveniently) linked in my sig, should make things a little bit easier.

Thank you so much :D Finnally I finished completely Chrom And Cordelia Supports! (I took them from someone who fan made them here http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=40885&p=2464332by Tamanoir [Writer] and Vapo [Grammar]).

Chrom and Cordelia C-Support http://pastebin.com/m779gp9z

Chrom and Cordelia B-Support http://pastebin.com/rWy15kKt

Chrom and Cordelia A-Support http://pastebin.com/3TdmXvGD

Chrom and Cordelia S-Support http://pastebin.com/JkB7DDQy

Btw Here's the code and song names

HEIWA1 - "But, Frederick, it's nearly dark!"
YASASHISA1 - "Shh... Easy now, girl. I won't hurt you"
TENNEN1 - "The Vaike never forgets! I just don't always remember"
SERIOUS2 - "Such bonds are the true strenghts of this army"
NAKAMA1 - "Here we are! The shepherd's garrison"
MYUNIT1 - Id (Serenity)
LOVE1 - "Ha ha! Yes, it will take some getting used to!"