NAKAMA1 - "Here we are! The shepherd's garrison"
Sad - "And what if I can't? What if I'm not worthy of her ideals?"
SERIOUS1 - "It appears the capital was spared the chaos"
SERIOUS2 - "Such bonds are the true strenghts of this army"
TAIJI1 - "You don't know the first thing about peace. No man does!"
TAIJI2 - "Gods, have the Risen spread this far?"
TENNEN1 - "The Vaike never forgets! I just don't always remember"
YASASHISA1 - "Shh... Easy now, girl. I won't hurt you"

btw make sure you label the first one's I posted these with (BGM Support)

HEIWA1 - "But, Frederick, it's nearly dark!" (BGM Support)
YASASHISA1 - "Shh... Easy now, girl. I won't hurt you" (BGM Support)
TENNEN1 - "The Vaike never forgets! I just don't always remember" (BGM Support)
SERIOUS2 - "Such bonds are the true strenghts of this army" (BGM Support)
NAKAMA1 - "Here we are! The shepherd's garrison" (BGM Support)
MYUNIT1 - Id (Serenity) (BGM Support)
LOVE1 - "Ha ha! Yes, it will take some getting used to!" (BGM Support)
LEGEND1 - "You have power... like mine" (BGM Support)
ITAZURA1 - "Agh! Won goph in mah mouph! Blech! Ptooey!" (BGM Support)
to make people's life easier

Wow, such is my luck. Yesterday I decided I wanted to do some support editing in FE:A, and today Browserhax is back for 10.3 AND you guys have been talking about support convos recently. I do have some questions however. Are there any restrictions regarding genders? I'm guessing that's not the case, but I'm not sure. Also, would it be possible to add S Support to characters who don't usually get them without removing other S Supports? (Ex: Flavia x Vasilio, or Maribelle x Lissa).

I also seem to be having problems dumping my FE ROM from my 3ds. I have a digital copy, and, even though that shouldn't be a problem, for some reason the SD card in which I have my game won't connect to Browserhax. I've tried it with an empty SD card on the same 3DS and it seens to work fine, but I don't know what the problem is.

EDIT: I think I figured out why it didn't load. Browserhax uses blank themes and since I actually use themes, my theme file glithced it out or something. I (somehow) took themes out of my 3DS and was able to access Browserhax, but it seems I erased my save data from all of my digital games (My pokemon piccross progress ;-;). I do have a Backup so I think I should be fine, but if not oh well.

Edited by Rambon99

Wow, such is my luck. Yesterday I decided I wanted to do some support editing in FE:A, and today Browserhax is back for 10.3 AND you guys have been talking about support convos recently. I do have some questions however. Are there any restrictions regarding genders? I'm guessing that's not the case, but I'm not sure. Also, would it be possible to add S Support to characters who don't usually get them without removing other S Supports? (Ex: Flavia x Vasilio, or Maribelle x Lissa).

I also seem to be having problems dumping my FE ROM from my 3ds. I have a digital copy, and, even though that shouldn't be a problem, for some reason the SD card in which I have my game won't connect to Browserhax. I've tried it with an empty SD card on the same 3DS and it seens to work fine, but I don't know what the problem is.

EDIT: I think I figured out why it didn't load. Browserhax uses blank themes and since I actually use themes, my theme file glithced it out or something. I (somehow) took themes out of my 3DS and was able to access Browserhax, but it seems I erased my save data from all of my digital games (My pokemon piccross progress ;-;). I do have a Backup so I think I should be fine, but if not oh well.

In terms of files for the actual support convos, you can add in as many of those as you want and as long as you mess with the static.bin.lz to let the characters support with each other. I have a working MaMU x Chrom S Support convo and FeMU x Lissa S Support convo in my game right now.

Ah sweet, this is so great. I thought Support convo editing would be a pain in the ass, but it seems it's super easy. My question would now be how do same sex marriages affect children. Let's say if I paired up Cordelia and Sully. I'm gonna have so much fun with this

Also, I'm sorry if this was talked about before, but how do I go about modifying the static.bin file?

Edited by Rambon99

Ah sweet, this is so great. I thought Support convo editing would be a pain in the ass, but it seems it's super easy. My question would now be how do same sex marriages affect children. Let's say if I paired up Cordelia and Sully. I'm gonna have so much fun with this

Also, I'm sorry if this was talked about before, but how do I go about modifying the static.bin file?

Same-sex couples still have kids, and the game treats the 2nd mom as the child's "father" in terms of inheritance, hair color, etc. I've actually paired Cordelia and Sully before, which gives Severa Sully's red hair and Kjelle Cordelia's slightly brighter red hair.

scr_11_BOTTOM_zpstrvywlfw.pngscr_5_BOTTOM_zpsokeol88b.png

The easiest way to edit static.bin.lz is to use Character Editor, which is linked in the initial post of this topic. Beware, though, that changing a character's overall number of supports with this method will cause the game to freeze. Someone much smarter than me recently figured out a way to get around this, but... it's technical. If you get it, though, go for it.

Hmm... The problem I seem to be having now is that all of the japanese from the namefiles turn into # for me. I did some testing and it seems like the number of characters stay the same, but all the characters have switched to #. I think this caused windows to delete all of the files that were named the same and now it seems like half of my supports is missing. Does anyone know how to resolve this?

Edited by Rambon99

Hmm... The problem I seem to be having now is that all of the japanese from the namefiles turn into # for me. I did some testing and it seems like the number of characters stay the same, but all the characters have switched to #. I think this caused windows to delete all of the files that were named the same and now it seems like half of my supports is missing. Does anyone know how to resolve this?

Don't use ctrtool, that's what's causing your error. If you are going to mess around with Awakening's romfs, use RomFS Extractor and RomFS Builder.

Don't use ctrtool, that's what's causing your error. If you are going to mess around with Awakening's romfs, use RomFS Extractor and RomFS Builder.

Yeah I tried with those two as well but no dice, heck I even installed Japanese as a secondary language in my computer but it didn't fix anything.

EDIT: So I re-dumped my rom after installing Japanese, used RomFS Extractor and now it works. I...don't know

Thanks

Edited by Rambon99

Just compress it with BatchLZ77, if I remember correctly.

I don't think that's right. Compressing with Batch returns a .compressed file that is way bigger than the original static.bin.lz, even if no changes are made

Edited by Rambon99

YASSSSSSSSSSS. I DID IT, I FINALLY DID IT. I WAS ABLE TO PUT IN AN FeMU x Lissa S SUPPORT (I just copied the male one and replaced all MaMU mentions with FeMU). BUT I FINALLY INSERTED IT TO THE GAME. (I would provide pictures, but I don't know how to take screenshots in 3ds games, and I don't feel like taking them with my phone or something.) I know that UnassumingVenusaur already did this herself, but to able to do it to my game was amazing. Thanks to all for the help. Now to do the same for every single female support :P

Edited by Rambon99

YASSSSSSSSSSS. I DID IT, I FINALLY DID IT. I WAS ABLE TO PUT IN AN FeMU x Lissa S SUPPORT (I just copied the male one and replaced all MaMU mentions with FeMU). BUT I FINALLY INSERTED IT TO THE GAME. (I would provide pictures, but I don't know how to take screenshots in 3ds games, and I don't feel like taking them with my phone or something.) I know that UnassumingVenusaur already did this herself, but to able to do it to my game was amazing. Thanks to all for the help. Now to do the same for every single female support :P

I'm actually working on this too, so maybe it would be better if we collaborated some?

A silly question, but has anyone made a breakthrough in how Class Sets are Stored and can be Modified?

I know there's the easy way out by adding access to the Tactictian Tree to unlock All the Regular Classes, but I kinda want to see someone doing the modification while keeping the Three Class Tree Limit for the First Generation: there's kind of an indulgent desire I have fixing a few awkward sets like Ricken not having a Second Magic Class Tree instead of the Offensive-conflicting Archer or Libra not having an Axe Class Tree instead of the Superfluous Double-Promotion-Overlapped Mage Tree.

Also related to the second example, someone should check if there's not some kind of Reference Table that states things like "A Son inherits Fighter, Barbarian and Thief (M) from Vaike while a Daughter gets Knight (F), Mercenary (F) and Thief (F)", as the Second Seal issues I'm hearing from the Same-Sex Marriage Project sound like shenanigans of filling from a NULL-resulting Pointer Look Up... And an Extra-Axe!Libra also seems like the candidate to pass Troubadour to his Daughter and meet the Magic Expert role his Set seems to work for in Vainilla's Inheritance.

EDIT: I just realized something. The Second Seal Error happens because Sumia, Sully, Cordelia, Tharja, Say'ri, Tiki (and by extension Nowi) and Flavia only get Daughters in Vainilla. Whatever reference that points about what Class Trees should a Son get would probably be non-existent or filled with garbage.

Edited by AstraSage

A silly question, but has anyone made a breakthrough in how Class Sets are Stored and can be Modified?

I know there's the easy way out by adding access to the Tactictian Tree to unlock All the Regular Classes, but I kinda want to see someone doing the modification while keeping the Three Class Tree Limit for the First Generation: there's kind of an indulgent desire I have fixing a few awkward sets like Ricken not having a Second Magic Class Tree instead of the Offensive-conflicting Archer or Libra not having an Axe Class Tree instead of the Superfluous Double-Promotion-Overlapped Mage Tree.

Also related to the second example, someone should check if there's not some kind of Reference Table that states things like "A Son inherits Fighter, Barbarian and Thief (M) from Vaike while a Daughter gets Knight (F), Mercenary (F) and Thief (F)", as the Second Seal issues I'm hearing from the Same-Sex Marriage Project sound like shenanigans of filling from a NULL-resulting Pointer Look Up... And an Extra-Axe!Libra also seems like the candidate to pass Troubadour to his Daughter and meet the Magic Expert role his Set seems to work for in Vainilla's Inheritance.

EDIT: I just realized something. The Second Seal Error happens because Sumia, Sully, Cordelia, Tharja, Say'ri, Tiki (and by extension Nowi) and Flavia only get Daughters in Vainilla. Whatever reference that points about what Class Trees should a Son get would probably be non-existent or filled with garbage.

You can use the Character Editor Nightmare module, and it'll display all 3 class options for each character (Each character has 3 male, and 3 female class options, this is what children inherit).

So yes, you are correct that mothers who can't have any Non-Morgan male children in Vanilla have no reclass options for males:

fc8d39e145.png

So, recently, we couldn't add in any extra class options or supports to any character's pool because it would immediatly crash the game, unable to add classes, and supports had to be removed to add in new ones, but our great buddy TildeHat from GBATemp spent some time studying static.bin and actually learned its structure.

So as it turns out, EVERYTHING within the file is handled by pointers.

offset 0x0 has an 8 byte value with the file size of the uncompressed static.bin

offset 0x4 has an 8 byte value too, this is a pointer to a table of pointers, this one is important

offset 0x8 has an 8 byte value, this value is the number of pointers in the previous pointer table

Basically, nearly everything in this file is referenced to in a pointer, all of the supports and classes for every character has a pointer located in this table, meaning if we add a support to someone, we have to add a pointer to the new support's offset on the table, then raise the pointer count by 1.

However, this is a problem, the pointer table has no empty spaces, meaning adding one would basically break every other pointer, thankfully, above this table is the mystery pointer data for characters, which again our friend pointed out, was actually a small table indicating the character's map sprites, so we copy/paste this table to the end of the file, repoint the mystery pointers down there, increase the value at offset 0x0 to match the new filesize, and now we can overwrite the original location of the mystery pointers with more pointers for supports/classes for characters, just remember to move the pointer in 0x4 to the new starting offset as you add more supports/classes, while raising the value at 0x8 by one each time.

Once you know what you're doing it's actually fairly easy to get things done:

ZzD1Il5.pngYi7XJHf.pngOFZWkf9.png3Ivx4nm.png

Edited by DeathChaos25

Huge, detailed post

Hee hee, I was in the middle of typing a reply when you posted this! Once I finish repointing all the mystery pointers to the end of the file I'll probably release the file to allow others to work on it (edit: here it is! ), and then like triple Chrom's support pool size. And then work on the other characters!

Edited by UnassumingVenusaur

Does anyone know which files in the 'face' folder are which? Specifically, I'm trying to find the files for the hair for the children in their portraits. Katakana isn't really helping me much, so I'm asking here.

Does anyone know which files in the 'face' folder are which? Specifically, I'm trying to find the files for the hair for the children in their portraits. Katakana isn't really helping me much, so I'm asking here.

https://github.com/DeathChaos25/FE-A-VOICE_EVT/blob/master/CHARACTER_KATAKANAS

I've used that. I can't figure out which ones are the children's hair. Is it the ones with numbers, ones with fc or bu, or what? If no one has figured it out it's fine, but Katakana isn't enough for a n00b like me.

Edited by GCNMatt

I've used that. I can't figure out which ones are the children's hair. Is it the ones with numbers, ones with fc or business, or what? If no one has figured it out it's fine, but Katakana isn't enough for a n00b like me.

I don't think anyone's messed around with those yet aside from yourself.

Honestly, I'm surprised how little Awakening has been explored in terms of ROM hacking up until now.