FE: Awakening Hacking Topic

VincentASM

based off my own pointers

2134DCF7 000000FE
0134DCF8 FFFFFFFF
0134DCFC FFFFFFFF
0134DD00 FFFFFFFF
This gives my first slot character all skills learned including lunatic+ enemy only ones.
My character pointer starts at 0134DCE4
if you don't want the lunatic+ ones the last line becomes 0134DD00 780FFFFF
Successfully got Male and Female Morgans that can support each other.
0134DE4C 15345130
0134DE5C 00000000
0134DE60 149B8260
First line changes portrait to Morgan
Second line removes the MU pointer.
Third line changes the parent pointer to be the same as my original morgan.
How do i change hair color? It seems like hair color is linked to the logbook character you replaced.
Edited by someonewhodied

• Replies 877
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do i change hair color? It seems like hair color is linked to the logbook character you replaced.

This is why I'm lurking here! Lol. My objective is the change the MU's hair color to Red (like my FFXIV character in my avatar/sig).

I saw someone with a default hair colored Nah because they removed her father assigned to her. Dunno if that's related.

Now to read this topic and figure out how to do the save dumping and learn about hex editing.

What's the hex editor you guys use and how is it set up?

Edited by Jacien

This is why I'm lurking here! Lol. My objective is the change the MU's hair color to Red (like my FFXIV character in my avatar/sig).

I saw someone with a default hair colored Noire (Nah?) because they removed her father.

Now to read this topic and figure out how to do the save dumping and learn about hex editing.

What's the hex editor you guys use and how is it set up?

what you could do:

Recruit a red haired logbook unit

Move the character pointer to your avatar.

move your avatar's pointer to the logbook unit.

The hair colors should switch.

http://i.imgur.com/lzCb526.png

Em?

http://i.imgur.com/DN8DjRW.png

Morgan with seliph's hair color.

Edited by someonewhodied

Haha, I'm still trying to figure out how to get the memory to dump. What is the specific method to doing it?

SoC, weren't you working on a little video guide showing how it works? :P

EDIT: To Clarify, I load up the URL for the browser memdump and it starts working. Then it says "An error has occured, please save any data and restart the system)" No file is made in the SD Card.

NOTHER EDIT: Maybe it's due to my 3DS still being on 4.4.

I'll restore it to the 9.2 backup I had.

MO EDITS: Success. I got FCRAM.bin. Yay. I used this site instead.

http://dukesrg.no-ip.org/3ds/rop.html

Bookmark that and you choose the options you want on 3DS.

I'm uploading my dump of the FCRAM to ask for help. When it's uploaded, my Avatar is in Slot 1, Eliwood is in Slot 2. Now to learn where the character blocks actually are lol.

And it's uploaded: https://mega.co.nz/#!ZINx3Y4K!9Z96Kdg8lN6rt4cULsBSmrxuqrty7B860GOktYLAXGA

Would it be okay to ask where to look to find where all the character data starts at?

EVEN MORE EDITS CAUSE I'M TALKING TO MYSELF: So I figured out how to find out where my character's data is, I just search for a string of his skills. (Veteran, Armsthrift, Locktouch, Acrobat, and Rally Spectrum).

FINAL EDIT: I moved the save file to slot one, and I believe I found where all the characters are saved.

Edited by Jacien

working on other stuff.

Looks like enemy portraits are only temporarily loaded in ram.

153476E8 - Merchent (The last non-crashing portrait)

15999428 - Farbor (Ch15 boss)

15A11AD8 - Validar (Intro stage)

Edited by someonewhodied

I moved the save file to slot one and now the values seem to match up like others.

Oh, so I may have missed this earlier, but it looks like any Unit that came from the Logbook has a Character Pointer of 188A3915. My Avatar shares the last four numbers. Interesting.

This includes my female Avatar (Josalyn) from a different save, Spotpass units, DLC units, and Streetpass units.

I noticed this when comparing Eliwood and Josalyn.

Now my question is, you said to move the red haired unit's pointer to mine, and vice versa. Here are the locations and the pointers, how would the code be written?

Jacien:

- Address where Character Pointer starts: 013D0284

- Character Pointer: A8853915

Eliwood

- Address where Character pointer Starts: 013D0394

- Character Pointer: 188A3915

Thanks for the help.

Edited by Jacien

SoC, weren't you working on a little video guide showing how it works? :P

And then the FE14 direct happened.

I'm swamped with inbox messages on tumblr and crap.

I also have IRL stuff to keep up with in addition to this.

Logbook avatars will always share character pointers:

1533FAA8 - Unknown (Main MU For this file)
1533FCE0 - Unknown (MU 2)
1533FF18 - Unknown (MU 3)
There are only 3 MU pointers. What you want for logbook units is the logbook pointer. Or zero it out if you want to unlink it from the logbook.

Okay cool. So I uploaded my FCRAM backup of the save loaded from File 1

https://mega.co.nz/#!ZA0WRZRK!NfWgj7ob_s-y4714C7Qwsgg7Q_l4ceH2hqqyEPuzL_M

CharacterSlot 1: My Avatar's Character Pointer is A8853915 at offset 013D0284

Character Slot 2: Eliwood's Character Pointer is 188A3915 at offset 013D03C4. and Logbook Pointer is 18BB4F15 at offset 013D03A4.

Character Slot 3: Morgan's Character Pointer is 68DE3915 at offset 13D04A4

EDIT: Misred some things. Corrected

How did you give Morgan Seliph's hair color? My objective is to give my Avatar Eliwood's hair color. Maybe Morgan, too.

Am I reading these values correctly?

jGN9c9C.png

Edited by Jacien

It was a copy-morgan

What i did was:

Using DLC Seliph as a base:

Set the character pointer to morgan

Set the parent pointer (or in this case its really the marriage pointer) to the same as my original morgan.

Set the Logbook pointer to zero.

Ah, so in a way it's copying the character and the Logbook unit that gets replaced passes the hair color.

So for Avatar, I change Eliwood's Character and Logbook pointers to my Avatar's, and do the same for the Avatar the opposite way. Which basically causes them to flip.

EDIT: Not working for me. Whenever I attempt to change Eliwood's Character or Logbook pointers, the game freezes and restarts. How are the codes written? And which site are you using to generate the codes?

Only thing I've gotten to work was changing the skills for my Slot1 character like you did.

http://lunarcookies.github.io/cheat.html

EDIT: 013D03A4 00000000

Doing that code made Eliwood become "Unknown". Step in the right direction I guess.

I can remove the Logbook Pointers and it makes the units (my avatar included) "Uknown". But trying to change it to something else makes the game freeze.

ONE MOR EDIT: Holdup, can the Logbook pointers change if you delete Logbook entries? I just noticed they're different on this recent dump.

Edited by Jacien

You have to swap both the logbook pointers AND the character pointers if you want to swap your MU i think

And yes logbook pointers change

Think of it as a list that auto-adjusts

Edited by someonewhodied

Hmm... Whenever I touch Eliwood or MU's Character Pointers/Logbook things (except for when making them zero) the game freezes.

Just to be sure on how the code is written, it goes offset then new bytes, right?

So Eliwood's offset for the Logbook Pointer is at 013D03A4, and I zero it all out like this:

013D03A4 00000000

That makes him "Unknown". But if I try to use Morgan's Bytes (68DE3915) to replace his Character Pointer, the game freezes. I'm assuming I'm writing these codes incorrectly, and I can't just write what I see from a dump because the Logbook pointers are changing. Cause I see SoC mention this here:

Please note, I have found that these are pointers.
So they fluctuate between 3DSs depending on conditions.
So for my American English copy...

About pointers here: "Offsets are based on the FCRAM dump offsets. ARCode will automatically add 0x14000000 to them."

So when reversing, change the 0x15 in my case to 0x1.

Tactician (M): 48 4B 4C 15
Pointing to: 0x14C4B48

Distance between Tactician M and F = 0x80
New pointer to: 0x14C4BC8

Testing with code:
0134EA80 154C4BC8

I'll admit I have very minimal knowledge of how hex works in these cases.

I don't even know how SoC got to use those values.

Halp.

-

Edited by Jacien

Oh, you're supposed to reverse that second string? Okay, did not realize that.

Tried it all in bulk and didn't freeze, instead MU got weird lol.

I think I typed it in wrong, trying again lol

Haha, trying to give it a Logbook Pointer of another Logbook unit makes things weird. Portrait disappears, HP goes wack, whole lotta stuff lol.

I used a Logbook Pointer from my Lunatic Avatar, and the name becomes "Nice to meet you." which is his greeting.

Okay got it to work using Morgan this time. I think I'm making progress. Yay. I'll go to sleep now.

Man I spend too long learning simple things like this lol

Edited by Jacien

Blue 3DS:

Slot 1:

HP: 15D4507

Support Pointer for Male MU: 14412E4

Support Pointer for Female MU: 14412F5

MaMU Character Table: 1435B28

Blank Support at: 1435D28

Hex to change:

F5 12 44 15 04 0A 12 15

Code:

01435D28 154412F5

01435D2C 15120A04

FeMU Character Table: 1435D60

Blank Support at: 1435F60

Hex to change:

E4 12 44 15 04 0A 12 15

Code:

01435F60 154412E4

01435F64 15120A04

Testing this crap...

Edit: HAHAHAHA.

I just gotta port the addresses to my white 3DS, but I actually added an MU x MU support like Vincent said.

Essentially you point the Support table to labels in the RAM:

50 49 44 5F 83 76 83 8C 83 43 83 84 81 5B 92 6A 00 50 49 44 5F 83 76 83 8C 83 43 83 84 81 5B 8F 97 00
Starting from the 50, that is essentially text in Japanese:

PID_プレイヤー男

PID_プレイヤー女

"PID_Player(Man)"

PID_Player(Woman)"

Edited by shadowofchaos

what happens if you get a child character while your caps are modified to like +12 across the board?

IF you modify the caps, save, and reset, they are back to normal, but i'm wondering if child characters can go around that by recruiting them while the parents are modified.

Edited by someonewhodied

There's a team pointer?

I wonder if it's possible to change enemy units to your team and somehow put them in the logbook from there so you can get them back after resetting.

Or if there's even a point to doing that since you could just change your stats and skills to match theirs.

Forge has a pointer that changes every time you forge a weapon. You gotta dump the ram every time.

ex: with pointer 1

219AA314 00000092
219AA320 0000000C
219AA324 0000000C
219AA328 0000000C
with pointer 2:
21A9533C 00000092
21A95348 0000000C
21A9534C 0000000C
21A95350 0000000C
proof of concept:
Edited by someonewhodied

Wow, so after sleeping and coming back from work, I managed to swap My Avatar and Eliwood.

Turns out I wasn't using the proper pointers before.

f5RWlAm.jpg

Not exactly the color I want. Can't find a good red, it's all orange with the Spotpass charactres Maybe I'll try using Cordelia or Anna. Or maybe even a Severa with no parents to give her default hair?

The hair color in the Logbook portraits (from the Logbook and when you choose a facial expression) doesn't change. Interesting.

EDIT: OH GOD, I GAVE MY AVATAR BOOBS

So replacing an existing Unit does not change the hair color. Probably because that unit doesn't have things that determine hair color assigned to them.

Hmm... I'll try the Severa Method.

EDIT: Deleting her parent pointers doesn't make her hair change. Phooey.

Edited by Jacien

So ... i've been looking but could not find anything ... what do i need to start changing my game ?
i've tryed to do some of the things that you guys put in here but no result maybe because each of us has a difrent "pointer"