FE: Awakening Hacking Topic

VincentASM

Nice. I'm looking forward to the rest too ^^

Good timing, because I mapped out most of the class data today. You can find my Class Editor here.

For convenience, I also included my PAL GameData.bin file.

Here's what the NMM looks like:

#Fire Emblem Awakening Class Editor (U)
#http://serenesforest.net

FE14 Class Editor (U) by VincentASM
0x36CC8
Class_list.txt
NULL

Type
NDHU
Class_type.txt

Class Pointer
HEXA
NULL

Face Pointer
HEXA
NULL

Name Pointer
HEXA
NULL

Help Pointer
HEXA
NULL

Base HP
NEDS
NULL

Base Strength
NEDS
NULL

Base Magic
NEDS
NULL

Base Skill
NEDS
NULL

Base Speed
NEDS
NULL

Base Luck
NEDS
NULL

Base Defence
NEDS
NULL

Base Resistance
NEDS
NULL

Encrypted Player Growth?
HEXA
NULL

Encrypted Enemy Growth?
HEXA
NULL

Max HP
NEDS
NULL

Max Strength
NEDS
NULL

Max Magic
NEDS
NULL

Max Skill
NEDS
NULL

Max Speed
NEDS
NULL

Max Luck
NEDS
NULL

Max Defence
NEDS
NULL

Max Resistance
NEDS
NULL

Pair Up Bonus: HP
NEDS
NULL

Pair Up Bonus: Strength
NEDS
NULL

Pair Up Bonus: Magic
NEDS
NULL

Pair Up Bonus: Skill
NEDS
NULL

Pair Up Bonus: Speed
NEDS
NULL

Pair Up Bonus: Luck
NEDS
NULL

Pair Up Bonus: Defence
NEDS
NULL

Pair Up Bonus: Resistance
NEDS
NULL

Skill 1
NDHU
Skill.txt

Skill 2
NDHU
Skill.txt

Movement Type
NEHU
NULL

Movement
NEDS
NULL

Weapon Rank: Sword
NDHU
Yes_no.txt

Weapon Rank: Lance
NDHU
Yes_no.txt

Weapon Rank: Axe
NDHU
Yes_no.txt

Weapon Rank: Bow
NDHU
Yes_no.txt

Weapon Rank: Tome
NDHU
Yes_no.txt

Weapon Rank: Staff
NDHU
Yes_no.txt

Weakness
NDHU
Weakness.txt

Weapon Lock
NDHU
Weapon_lock.txt

Upgrade Class 1
HEXA
NULL

Upgrade Class 2
HEXA
NULL
Edited by VincentASM

• Replies 877
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of OP weapons, at the moment I've been trying to find the modifiers for forged weapons, but I've had little luck ( though I can't say I have a great understanding of hex editing and pointers). I figured I'd dump the RAM once with an unchanged Brave Sword, forge it (increased Mt by 1, Hit by 5, and Crit by 3), and then dump the RAM again to compare the differences, although the differences I found in my Avatar's inventory have me confused.

5fzMijT.png

I referenced ZXApocrypha's list of the weapons - am I missing something here, or why is the forged Brave Sword marked as a Sol?

I'm not particularly sure about the second value; I've tried fiddling with it, and occasionally turned the weapon into a japanese-named weapon that would crash the game on selection.

Am I supposed to use the four values for the weapon as a pointer?

Any help or point in the right direction would help greatly.

Edited by Avraxas

Whoops, I left out a small detail.

Item bytes aren't actually single bytes (8-bit), but two bytes stuck together (16-bit). Normally it's OK to treat them as single bytes, but when you get to higher forged weapons you'll hit the max value for a single byte and have to start using the second byte.

To begin with, you've got 00 to FF, then after that you have 01 00 to FF FF. But these bytes are stored in reverse in the 3DS code, so you'll be looking at 00 01 to FF FF instead.

Therefore the item byte you've got is actually 0D 01 (or the 10Dth value).

You shouldn't fiddle with the second value because you'll only get Sol (00), your forged weapon (01) or junk data (anything else).

Edited by VincentASM

you can search the forged weapon's name to find out where its stored and modify it.

IIRC, the letters are separated by 00s, so be careful when searching.

Eg. "Customname" would look like 43 00 75 00 73 00 74 00 6F 00 6D 00 6E 00 61 00 6D 00 65, not 43 75 73 74 6F 6D 6E 61 6D 65.

Also... pretty sure it's possible to do 0% growths now. Would anybody be interested in giving it a try? I'm not enough of a maso : P

I'd like to try a 0% growths. Dunno how I'll do, though. Idk how I'd go about setting this up. I've got a gateway 3ds and the actual rom, as well as a 3ds on 9.01ish. Haven't set up my gateway yet. And got no idea about this rom editing stuff, just curious about it and would like to attempt the challenge...

Ok, so I have a better understanding of forged weapons now. I'm going to leave what I found here in case someone wants to take advantage of it (hope this isn't all basic knowledge by now). Thanks to someonewhodied and Vincent for helping me out.

5x3keTx.png

You can find the name of your forged weapon by searching for it as a Unicode text-string.

The top values of the item block are the name, and the last three blocks are the stat modifiers, arranged by Mt, Hit, and Crit.

EDIT: Forgot to mention the value three bytes behind the stat modifiers is the base weapon. In this case 05 = Brave Sword.

To modify a forged weapon's values, change the last three values accordingly and go to reforge the item (just press OK again on the forge) with the code applied

(hovering over that stat will reset it to the game's cap, so be careful). Reforging the weapon with the changes applied makes the bonuses permanent for that weapon, so they'll stay even after you turn off the game.

Reforging weapons without changing the name doesn't change the pointers (luckily) so as long as you don't change the names you can modify the stats of any of your forged weapons in one RAM dump.

Edited by Avraxas

So this was interesting. Changing the active skills learns/unlearns them from your pool. It also affects your Avatar pricing, it autoadjusts it when you update it.

hi guys, i'm wondering if anyone can help me out with making an AR code.

I made a dump of my RAM after highlighting Libra and i found the offset for his active skills:

9Hg8jKI.png

Healtouch, Miracle, Paragon, Rally Luck and the last one "00 00" which i assume to be a blank space since he only has 4 skills equipped.

Now i'm stumped at actually making the code. I referred to the 1st post but I'm still confused, his first skill is found at 0x134C01C so to modify it, the code would be 2134C01C 000000XX, where xx would be the value of the new skill I would replace it for, correct? And how would I go about changing all of his active skills at once? (Or say, adding all available skills into his skill pool)

Edit:

So I ran the code with "10" on the last values and I got Exalted Falchion on Libra's second inventory instead of replacing his first skill with Armsthrift like I had hoped. Any idea what i did wrong?

Edited by Lon'Cool

It might be easier to just add all skills to Libra's "Learned Skills" base rather than replacing his active skills, as active skill changing wouldn't be permanent (should you accidentally remove a skill). I heavily recommend you change the increments on your rows to end at F rather than continue on to 11, as that might give you some alignment errors when you're referencing stuff here.

To do that, change the values highlighted in red here to "FF" (this will include enemy only skills):

BRYOotF.png

Active Skills (To answer your question):

You seem to have made a slight coding error. Your screenshot puts the skill address at 0134C02C, but you entered 2134C01C as your code.

In your dump, 0134C01C would be the value of Libra's second inventory item.

If you want to replace all active skills, simply skip a byte (which should be 00 every time) and replace the next byte with the value of the wanted skill until you do all five.

I think you were already doing that.

Edited by Avraxas

Thanks for spotting that coding error I made, I was able to add all of the skills to Libra's skillpool, thanks for your help!

Also, I noticed changing a character's skill and passing it to the child permanently adds that skill to the child's skill list even though the parent loses that skill after a reset. I wonder if the same goes for modifiers. Does anyone know where or if the modifiers are within a character block? I'd like to try it out and make super children if possible.

Edited by Lon'Cool

@Lon'Cool I'm not entirely sure if what I'm thinking of is the correct modifier, but give it a shot.

static-ram.png

I think the stat modifiers are the cyan strip towards the top. You can search for this block by searching for "04 0A 12 63" (part of the yellow box) as hex values.

Make sure that you are editing the appropriate character by looking at the skills they have (the green blocks, separated by a byte).

The skills listed are the skills the character has when they join you, not their current ones - in this case, this is the Avatar's block (0D = Veteran).

Keep in mind that the game has separate character blocks (if I recall) for Avatars (M), (F) and Logbook Avatars, so you might have to sort through.

Edited by Avraxas

I searched up the values and i found what were believed to be the modifiers, which were identical to the ones in your RAM dump. I edited said values and applied the code, but neither MUs nor Morgan's stat caps changed. I thought it was an error on my part, so I tried with Libra's modifiers. I loaded up Owain's paralogue, took note of his stats and edited Libra's modifiers to match that of the MU's on your offset, and again no change to either Owain or Libra's stats. Maybe the modifiers are stored separately, or aren't in the RAM at all.

Oh I assumed you hadn't recruited Morgan yet, so that the modifiers of MU would affect Morgan on load of the level. If you have already recruited Morgan, you won't be able to alter Morgan's stat caps with the MU's anymore.

Also, stat additions are different from cap modifiers, I misunderstood what you were asking previously. Stat modifiers add to the characters stats as opposed to the regular stats of their class, but stay within the character's caps. The cap modifiers for a character are the gray box on the RAM dump I showed you earlier (the dump/chart actually belongs to Vincent, I was using it for reference).

Note though that changes you make to the stat modifiers and cap modifiers are not permanent, and will reset when you turn off the game.

As for your example, if your characters were already at capped in stats for their class, the stat modifiers wouldn't alter anything, you would need to alter the cap modifiers.

Where's SoC? I wanna ask him how he did this. He loaded up the map with Nah where there's no parents assigned to her, so she was essentially made default (hair color).

What I wanna do is try this with every second gen map to see what default hair color they're given. Then check the DLC to see what the hair color values are for them on those maps.

Because I remember if you View Card on an Avatar with children you haven't recruited, the portraits of kids give them default hair color (except for Morgan and Yarne which have pink hair).

I'm assuming most of them take from the mother's hair. Except for Inigo, of course. I'm curious.

@ Avraxas

Yeah I was trying to change the cap modifiers, the ones that the parents pass on to the child. Sorry for the misunderstanding ^^;

I'm having to dump my RAM again, the pointers must of changed because none of the codes I was using are working properly. Once it's been dumped I'll reattempt to edit the cap modifiers.

@Jacien

I'm trying to do this as well. What you could do is look at some character portrait rips and copy/paste them into a photo editing program where you can select a color value in hex and add it to the hair color pointer. I did that to get my default hair colored Morgan.

Edited by Lon'Cool

Nah, see. I'm interested in what the actual color values the game assigns as a default.

Also, I think I wanna try a harem thing where my Avatar S ranks every character lol.

Ahh see, I'm just happy as long as they look at least close to the official artwork colors. Actually now that I think about it, shouldn't the default colors be somewhere around where the logbook data is? The default child portraits show up so I figured the values would be found there as well.

Also this is a bummer but neither the stat addition nor the cap modifiers change anything when I edit them. Libra!Owain has crappy Str :(

Where's SoC? I wanna ask him how he did this. He loaded up the map with Nah where there's no parents assigned to her, so she was essentially made default (hair color).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V56UBN1Z_kc

What I wanna do is try this with every second gen map to see what default hair color they're given. Then check the DLC to see what the hair color values are for them on those maps.

Because I remember if you View Card on an Avatar with children you haven't recruited, the portraits of kids give them default hair color (except for Morgan and Yarne which have pink hair).

I'm assuming most of them take from the mother's hair. Except for Inigo, of course. I'm curious.

If you have a couple ready to S support, make a dump beforehand.

S support them (unlocking the chapter).

Restore the value of the support (A, ready to S) in the character table.

That gets you default kid.