A Brief History of the Twentieth Century Feedback

blah the Prussian

• 1 year later...

Well, this is still on the first page, so...

So as I was reading. It's quite interesting. Though I found the things about Mexico to be... well, to me, things seemed a bit unrealistic. Mind you, not the end result (if the Americans wanted a Communist Mexico, I doubt we could've stopped them. When did we in OTL?), but it was more in regards to how it happened.

So first thing to mind, is that with the alternate!WWI, and the 2nd American Civil War, the US was tied up throughout the 1910's. Which makes me think it means that it had less chances to meddle in the affairs of the Mexican Revolution. It's likely all the work Henry Lane Wilson did to stir up tensions between the two countries failed as the US had to focus on other things.

Not to mention... did the US still occupied Veracruz in 1914? Did Wilson and Carranza establish ties in 1915 that would lead Villa to attack Columbus in 1916? Considering that 1916 was when the 2CW started, I doubt the Punitive Expedition happened even if Villa still attacked Columbus.

Which now brings me to the mention of the 1920's. I heavily doubt Huerta would still be dictator by the 1920's. Carranza's rebellion only lasted months before Huerta fled the country. And nothing suggests that this would've changed. Say what you will about Wilson, but at least his dislike of Huerta ensured American neutrality on the conflict (occupation of Veracruz aside).

Besides, even if Huerta was still in power... even if rebellions were rising... even if the USSA wanted to help the Communists (which I still doubt of their success as they weren't really a big thing in the 1920's)... the very idea of American meddling in the country would mean they wouldn't have accepted their help (they did offered support in 1914, but Carranza refused). Besides, if the attack on Columbus still happened I don't think Villa would be among their choices to help out, who I doubt leaned to Communism to be leading them in the first place. The USSA would have to go full-blown invasion to install a Communist Regime. Still, since I doubt Huerta would still be in power by the time of the USSA's formation and stamping out the 2CW, I don't think this would've been an issue.

But as I said, it's likely they would've sitll have turned Mexico communist, since again, when did the country stopped them at anything. But it's likely things would've been... messy... and with years of resistance...

But well, that's what I think. Though I guess I am stating this too late since it seems your timeline is already way past that.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Well, this is still on the first page, so...

So as I was reading. It's quite interesting. Though I found the things about Mexico to be... well, to me, things seemed a bit unrealistic. Mind you, not the end result (if the Americans wanted a Communist Mexico, I doubt we could've stopped them. When did we in OTL?), but it was more in regards to how it happened.

So first thing to mind, is that with the alternate!WWI, and the 2nd American Civil War, the US was tied up throughout the 1910's. Which makes me think it means that it had less chances to meddle in the affairs of the Mexican Revolution. It's likely all the work Henry Lane Wilson did to stir up tensions between the two countries failed as the US had to focus on other things.

Not to mention... did the US still occupied Veracruz in 1914? Did Wilson and Carranza establish ties in 1915 that would lead Villa to attack Columbus in 1916? Considering that 1916 was when the 2CW started, I doubt the Punitive Expedition happened even if Villa still attacked Columbus.

Which now brings me to the mention of the 1920's. I heavily doubt Huerta would still be dictator by the 1920's. Carranza's rebellion only lasted months before Huerta fled the country. And nothing suggests that this would've changed. Say what you will about Wilson, but at least his dislike of Huerta ensured American neutrality on the conflict (occupation of Veracruz aside).

Besides, even if Huerta was still in power... even if rebellions were rising... even if the USSA wanted to help the Communists (which I still doubt of their success as they weren't really a big thing in the 1920's)... the very idea of American meddling in the country would mean they wouldn't have accepted their help (they did offered support in 1914, but Carranza refused). Besides, if the attack on Columbus still happened I don't think Villa would be among their choices to help out, who I doubt leaned to Communism to be leading them in the first place. The USSA would have to go full-blown invasion to install a Communist Regime. Still, since I doubt Huerta would still be in power by the time of the USSA's formation and stamping out the 2CW, I don't think this would've been an issue.

But as I said, it's likely they would've sitll have turned Mexico communist, since again, when did the country stopped them at anything. But it's likely things would've been... messy... and with years of resistance...

But well, that's what I think. Though I guess I am stating this too late since it seems your timeline is already way past that.

Oh god... that bad, huh? Yeah there are a lot of things I would do differently now; I might do a rewrite if I get the chance.

Now that I look at it, I suppose it wouldn't be that bad, as Latin America seems to be one of the least focused areas. For the rewrite, I mean.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Now that I look at it, I suppose it wouldn't be that bad, as Latin America seems to be one of the least focused areas. For the rewrite, I mean.

Yeah, it is regrettable; the problem is that my knowledge of Latin America is mostly centered around the Brzaillian Empire and its various opponents; Rosas, Lopez, and the like. Latin America was of the US basically what Africa was to Europe, though the Americans were kinder overlords. I can promise that Latin America is going to vindicate itself later in the story in a way that should satisfy you.

I am more or less aware of Western Hemisphere history, as I'm sure of names like Bolivar, Juan Peron, Getulio Vargas, Benito Juarez, Victoriano Huerta, Pancho Villa, and Porfirio Diaz. I'm unsure of what role Latin America will play, but it probably won't be too dissimilar from actual history, except that maybe there could be a Brazil-Argentine war as part of the Cold War.

Yeah, it is regrettable; the problem is that my knowledge of Latin America is mostly centered around the Brzaillian Empire and its various opponents; Rosas, Lopez, and the like. Latin America was of the US basically what Africa was to Europe, though the Americans were kinder overlords. I can promise that Latin America is going to vindicate itself later in the story in a way that should satisfy you.

I'm not sure man. Considering its role seems to be that of the ones housing Communism in your timeline. And at least here, it would not be in a way that I think would actually make things better. Though admitedly, it's not so much the communism itself, maybe, but rather kinda both it, and the way it would most likely end up being implemented.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

I'm not sure man. Considering its role seems to be that of the ones housing Communism in your timeline. And at least here, it would not be in a way that I think would actually make things better. Though admitedly, it's not so much the communism itself, maybe, but rather kinda both it, and the way it would most likely end up being implemented.

Oh no, it won't be better than RL, that's for sure, but on the other hand it's going to do something badass.

I suppose would have wait for this badass thing to happen. But still, I would be wary of those revised 1920's events.

Edited by Acacia Sgt