Fire Emblem: A Hero's Spirit

Redylriws

My name is Redy and I am in the process of hacking FE8: Sacred Stones in order to make something new. Together, me and my two partners have planned out:

Quite a few custom classes

A bit of the story

The entire backstory

The enemy numbers for the Prologue and Chapter 1

A special... surprise, shall we say?

We have the general story already planned out, just not the specific story

And here, we find we have a problem. None of three of us can sprite or animate. So we need to bring in a fourth person, preferably an animator who can also make sprites.

So yeah. I'm looking for a spriter/animator. In case you're interested, here's what you'll need:

NUPS

Hopefully you have Skype

Preferably your own FE8 ROM

Your own spriting/animating programs

Some skill with pixel artistry, hopefully

Your own way to insert custom sprites and animations into an FE8 ROM

Yeah, this project is gonna be difficult.

Also, if you want some backstory on the hack, it deals with a legend of Marth's return to the land, and a villain with a dead wife who wants to reshape the world.

EDIT: Also, we need a mapper too cause once again, none of us have artistic talent! Hooray! Seriously, we don't want awesome story and horrible maps. So yeah. Mapper needed too,

Edited by Redylriws

best bet is to use vanilla animations and make use of the open source animations on serenes. You're probably going to need to show progress screenshots and essentially tangible proof that the hack is going somewhere. Finding a mug spriter will be tough but finding a battle spriter is almost impossible without visible progress.

goodluck though!

best bet is to use vanilla animations and make use of the open source animations on serenes. You're probably going to need to show progress screenshots and essentially tangible proof that the hack is going somewhere. Finding a mug spriter will be tough but finding a battle spriter is almost impossible without visible progress.

goodluck though!

Given that we're introducing more than 20 new classes, we don't have nearly enough animations just in the early planning phase. Also, given that we have only started planning, what progress screenshots are we going to have? Granted, planning is going astonishingly well in every area, and we've figured out how to do something I kind of wanted to do but had no idea how to do with chest events and a map change, but I'm pretty sure we need a mug spriter and a mapper before we will have ANY actual hacking progress other than the weapon changes and basic class stuff.

EDIT: Well well well, ever vigilant/loyal Zero is already working on what he can do with weapon changes and basic class stuff. When he's not slacking off, he's actually reliable.

EDIT 2: Sorry Willie, didn't notice you before now. As to your sprite splices, the first competition one looks scary(no offense meant). Also, I was kind of looking for an actual sprite creator, not splicer. Adding extra characters is fun! That was sarcasm, if you couldn't tell.

Edited by Redylriws

Given that we're introducing more than 20 new classes, we don't have nearly enough animations just in the early planning phase. Also, given that we have only started planning, what progress screenshots are we going to have? Granted, planning is going astonishingly well in every area, and we've figured out how to do something I kind of wanted to do but had no idea how to do with chest events and a map change, but I'm pretty sure we need a mug spriter and a mapper before we will have ANY actual hacking progress other than the weapon changes and basic class stuff.

EDIT: Well well well, ever vigilant/loyal Zero is already working on what he can do with weapon changes and basic class stuff. When he's not slacking off, he's actually reliable.

EDIT 2: Sorry Willie, didn't notice you before now. As to your sprite splices, the first competition one looks scary(no offense meant). Also, I was kind of looking for an actual sprite creator, not splicer. Adding extra characters is fun! That was sarcasm, if you couldn't tell.

requesting a map probably won't be a big deal, but we just need to see that you have events and chapters that work. That's the way it is here, you're just gonna need to use place holders for now. You don't need animations to get started, and most hackers just insert animations at the very end.

Or what i do is just make a standing frame and leave it there until i'm ready to crack at it.

Also, I was kind of looking for an actual sprite creator, not splicer

as for this, that's basically impossible at this point until you have a looooooot of progress to show. Or unless you're willing to dish out $20.

there's nothing wrong with splices. I don't even think there's a mod that's 100% not splices out there

unless you are very close to someone and can ask for personal favors (maybe not even then) i wouldn't get your hopes up for a lot of quality fullcustom sprites without a) a substantial amount of progress or b) very deep pockets

A lot of hackers nowadays are using placeholders for their graphics, especially if the hack creator themselves is not a spriter. It's a lot easier than twiddling your thumbs waiting. People will, as Cam said, be a lot more willing to help if you have substance in your hack.

EDIT: Also, we need a mapper too cause once again, none of us have artistic talent! Hooray! Seriously, we don't want awesome story and horrible maps. So yeah. Mapper needed too,

I'm somewhat open for requests currently(via PM or request thread), but I'd rather like to see what sort of setting this is before saying I can do much for your project.

The Prologue has 4 different locations(1 castle bedroom, 2 different castle throne rooms, and plains/hills). The current breakdown of people with dialogue is 7 different people, not counting the battle's miniboss. The battle has 7 enemies (3 Brigands, 1 Archer, 2 Myrmidons, and the miniboss of the battle is a Brigand witha Hand Axe, cause even though that's overdone, it works.) One of the three people currently working on the hack is a guy called Leon who's working on deciding the enemy placement and AI settings cause I'll admit, I'm not that good at it myself, I'm more of a storymaker/ideamaker/stat restructuring guy.

Because we've got an enemy strategist and eventer already, preferably the map maker can screenshare with them or something cause I know for a fact they have skypes.

Also, my Skype should show up if you search Jaysenton, skype name is Redylriws, one of those will show up. I'll likely have a much faster response time if you add me on Skype.

Also, please tell me if you know how to set the tilesets for FE8, cause Zero0 might be extremely dilligent, but he DOES run into problems on occasion and setting the tilesets made the whole map glitch out for some reason.

Edit: The dilligent Zero0 is also known as mariosoniczero, since he likes confusing people with his name.

Edited by Redylriws