Guide to S-Ranking Lyn Mode AND Getting Nils to Lvl 7! (While using both Stat Boosters)!

FionordeQuester

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any updates to this? I have done Chapter 9 over and over and over again, making sure I wait for Wallace, following the original guide step by step, as well as mimicking RainBuckets Youtube step by step, and I cannot get Lyn to kill the cavalier on turn 1.

Ok for some reason I was able to get Chapter 9 working. I have no idea what I did differently, I even feel like I rushed past Wallace's scene, but was still able to get the cav to die to Lyn on turn 1 and get every correct level up through the end of Chapter 10.

However, when I used the Energy Ring, my funds ranking went down to 4. Luckily I had saved a state just before using it so I went back and seized without using it and was able to get the S Rank

LHM S Rank w Lvl 7 Nils.jpg

Edited by Dps87

• 4 weeks later...

I am not sure what I’m doing wrong with Chapter 7. I followed the guide and the comments on this thread, but Lyn keeps getting a different level up from the guide.

I watched RainBucket’s video just to see if I was doing anything wrong, followed their exact moves and I noticed that his Sain kills off all the enemies during Enemy Turn 2 when mine didn’t.

Also, there aren’t exactly clear instruction on pre-game changes to the units’ items.

**UPDATE**: I kept Restarting Chapter 7  and eventually got it after a few tries, not sure what I did differently. Maybe I skipped scenes a lot faster this time? Not sure, but hey, finally got the exact same result as RainBucket’s video!

Edited by MoonInHarmony
Update on post

• 11 months later...

Hi, I recently wanted to play FE7 again, happened to find this guide you made, and decided to give it a try. Everything has gone perfectly up until 7x. I can't for the life of me quite get the levelups you were showing. Once I managed to get the level up Flor gets, but after that I think I messed up Sain's attack and he didn't get the levelup. Since then I haven't been able to get it quite right. I've been through the chapter probably dozens of times now. Anyways, appreciate the help, I know this is a really old topic so you might not have the time.

Cheers!

EDIT: I think it might have to do with slight variations in where I tell my units to go. For example, when Flor kills the soldier from the west on turn 4, there are two potential routes for her to go. Also, I can't say that I know if any other unit movement is causing changes that prevent the level ups from occurring. I wish I knew exactly what I did the one time I did get Flors level up. Also, I've found that mashing start at different times affects how things go as well. Again, thanks!

Edited by Rando

On 3/7/2015 at 5:31 PM, FionordeQuester said:

Fire Emblem (Chapter 8 Nils Level up).pn

I swear I'm not going crazy, but I follow your instructions to the letter and yet the level here is different then shown, and after that stuff gets more weird. Not only that but moving Lucius 1 south and 4 east would not put him where pictured.

On 7/14/2020 at 3:44 AM, DukeBox said:

Anyone know where I can get that cool script OP is using?

A-yup!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fed0ydmfo4spe27/AAAOwEwlMuTcD2G80AhihC4Oa?dl=0

I haven't used it myself, but I believe that Mekkah has a video where he shows how to RNG abuse and therefore how to use the scripts.

17 hours ago, Benice said:

A-yup!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fed0ydmfo4spe27/AAAOwEwlMuTcD2G80AhihC4Oa?dl=0

I haven't used it myself, but I believe that Mekkah has a video where he shows how to RNG abuse and therefore how to use the scripts.

No I meant this one with all the rankings.

Fire Emblem 13.png

Though thanks for the Bizhawk RNG script, I've been looking forever for one compatible with it. Shame it seems much more cumbersome to use than the VBA version, but it'll have to do.

I'm not sure if this was mentioned previously, but it's important to be careful in chapter 8. It's possible to give Lyn extra experience by viewing the cutscene with the ballista multiple times, so Lyn could potentally level when she shouldn't. There are several other issues with the rng and emulators that could cause issues, but I am not the most knowledgable on this. I also haven't followed this guide. I found out about the ballista experience thing the hard way.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I have detected a issue with your chapter 10 strat @FionordeQuester. I did have Florina move to the north of the archer at turn 2 and landed a crit like you said. But by following the instructions on turn 2 and turn 3, she can’t make it to the northern fortress by turn 4 because she is three spaces off and there is a mercenary blocking the way as well pmv5EVMbj

Plus not to mention that a cavalier shows up so regardless of where I move Florina, she gets killed. So I’m not sure what I was supposed to do there. 

If anyone else has done this successfully please let me know if I could have went against these instructions a little bit in order to reach the fortress by turn 4.

Edited by Barren
More info

• 1 month later...

Hey friend!  Sorry I didn't see your message a month ago—did you get everything figured out?  I know that in the topic you made, someone mentioned that the arrows could accidentally advance RNG, if you did it wrong.  Perhaps that was the issue?