Best class for Donny?

So I finally broke down and restarted to fix the mistakes I made first time. My avatar is identical to how she was last time, except the voice, which is no big deal...anyway one of those mistakes was completing Donnel's paralogue without recruiting him. I just finished it, he's a Shepherd now. Thinking about making him a merc eventually, but I was wondering what everyone else made him and if that's a good idea.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went from Villager level 10 -> Mercenary level 20-> Hero level 20. Donnel doesn't really have much of a class pool to begin with though I think his only other option is fighter and warrior track cool if you want to pick up counter but I prefer having him with armsthrift especially with his high luck stat. Regardless of what you do, just reclass him out of villager as soon as you can so that you can get weapon experience and better overall stats.

Edited by LordTaco42

Hero Donny is best, imo. He gets Armsthrift and Sol and just kicks ass. Donnel is hard to level up at first, but imo, the effort pays off in the end. And he's just super adorkable!

Hero is best for him IMO, I myself tend to make him go through fighter and Warrior too for HP +5 and counter, Bow Knight gives him nothing useful making it the only one I never make him.

Donny's pretty good as a Dread Fighter if you decide to get that DLC. Not the best one, however, since my DF!Owain has better caps than he does in almost everything in that class. I usually make Donnel a Fighter right off the bat since you only have Vaike as a T1 Axe user until Cherche, but if you can get your hands on enough Second Seals to have weapon diversity, if that's important to you, it shouldn't be a problem. Let it be known that I'm an Awakening nub as well.

Mercenary it is.

And not having another tier 1 axe user until Cherche won't be a problem, Avatar Rene is getting a wyvern again ;) But speaking of Cherche, if I ever decide to get Gerome, how well does Gregor work for a father? Was going to pair her with Stahl on my first run where I was being pathetic and letting a lot of people die, since Gregor was one of them. Cordelia was one of them too and she'll go with Stahl. Or Frederick, can't decide atm.

Edited by Dragoncat

Donnel definitely likes that Armsthrift. It's a bit of a tradeoff to not get Axes, but if you're going Hero anyway, it won't be that long before he gets them. Then when you get Helswath he can be chucking that thing everywhere without eating any of its durability.

Bow Knight is a viable option, though. The skills aren't good, but the extra move, bows, and +1 move from support can come in handy. I would say it depends on your team structure, and that overall Hero is likely to be the better option unless you're really strict on turns (which you shouldn't be if you're using Donnel).

Mercenary it is.

And not having another tier 1 axe user until Cherche won't be a problem, Avatar Rene is getting a wyvern again ;) But speaking of Cherche, if I ever decide to get Gerome, how well does Gregor work for a father? Was going to pair her with Stahl on my first run where I was being pathetic and letting a lot of people die, since Gregor was one of them. Cordelia was one of them too and she'll go with Stahl. Or Frederick, can't decide atm.

Stahl x Cordelia and Freddy x Cordelia are my two favorite Cordelia pairings, so either one is great, imo! As for Cherche, I like her with Lon'qu, but I don't really know who her best husband is.

Mercenary it is.

Gregor is a pretty solid choice for Gerome. He has at least a decent Strength modifier and provides the Barbarian, Mercenary, and Myrmidon classes, all of which have some pretty great skills, like Swordfaire, Axebreaker, Wrath, etc.

Donnel kinda functions OK in all of his classes. I'd probably say he'd prefer hero purely because of the skills it nets him. It didn't stop me from making him go warrior though.

As for Cherche, I like her with Lon'qu, but I don't really know who her best husband is.

Lonky's gonna sire Morgan again. Because...he was awesome at it before. Only thing I'm changing in terms of pairings is Ricken goes with Maribelle instead of Lissa. Lissa gets Donny. Maribelle was another one I let die last time.

Good to know Gregor's a good enough choice. Really he came to mind because he gives Gerome the hair color from his official art or close to it. Gaius does too, but...lethality Yarne xD Just picture a giant rabbit completely pwning something with blood going everywhere...

Level 2 Villager. Donnel is terrible, and his only use is possibly passing a Galeforce class on to some children (but with bad mods so...)

That's why its important for him to pass Aptitude to his kid so that they can at least get good level up to make up for it. Still though the mods do hurt.

Lonky's gonna sire Morgan again. Because...he was awesome at it before. Only thing I'm changing in terms of pairings is Ricken goes with Maribelle instead of Lissa. Lissa gets Donny. Maribelle was another one I let die last time.

Ah yeah, I forgot that you do Lon'qu x Avatar. :P

But Donny x Lissa is my favorite pairing for him (and Lissa), so good choice there, imo! It's super cute. ^^

Good to know Gregor's a good enough choice. Really he came to mind because he gives Gerome the hair color from his official art or close to it. Gaius does too, but...lethality Yarne xD Just picture a giant rabbit completely pwning something with blood going everywhere...

I got a great Owain from Donnel being his dad. Iirc he was practically capped everywhere when I got him.

Ah yeah, I forgot that you do Lon'qu x Avatar. :P

But Donny x Lissa is my favorite pairing for him (and Lissa), so good choice there, imo! It's super cute. ^^

I want to see Owain meeting his grandma lol. I'm sure Donnel's mom would be shocked at first that her little boy went and married into royalty. Anyway that would be an amusing scene...

"Ma, this is your grandson from the future!"

"...Donny I told you to be careful! No more battling for you! You've gotten your logic knocked clean outta your head!"

Gregor is epic for Laurent, good for Cherche and sometimes good for Yarne if either filler or for a +Str Morgan. He can also go on Noire if not going for GF, and makes a pretty good ingame support for Nowi due to the support speed granting early Second Seals and giving exactly the boosts she wants (and Nah does well with his Hero if he passes Axefaire).

I want to see Owain meeting his grandma lol. I'm sure Donnel's mom would be shocked at first that her little boy went and married into royalty. Anyway that would be an amusing scene...

"Ma, this is your grandson from the future!"

"...Donny I told you to be careful! No more battling for you! You've gotten your logic knocked clean outta your head!"

Haha, I hadn't even thought of the Owain idea! You're right, that HAS to be amusing. XD

And yeah, she'd definitely be surprised that Donny married a princess!

Benchwarmer is best for Donnel. Also, I read that on the parenting front, Donnel makes everyone lackluster - his "best" child winds up essentially being no different from their mother mod wise. I mean, sure, mods aren't everything, but they certainly don't help Donnel's case...

Gregor is epic for Laurent, good for Cherche and sometimes good for Yarne if either filler or for a +Str Morgan. He can also go on Noire if not going for GF, and makes a pretty good ingame support for Nowi due to the support speed granting early Second Seals and giving exactly the boosts she wants (and Nah does well with his Hero if he passes Axefaire).

I already picked out the fathers for Yarne, Morgan, and Noire but idk about Laurent...Kellam maybe?

Haha, I hadn't even thought of the Owain idea! You're right, that HAS to be amusing. XD

And yeah, she'd definitely be surprised that Donny married a princess!

Lol yep! I'd make a joke about Owain being conceived in a barn/stack of hay bales but Lissa probably wouldn't agree to that and Donny probably wouldn't suggest it in the first place xD Instead I'll joke about Owain running around chasing young pigs and yelling the names of his special moves. My aunt and uncle used to live on a farm and I did that sans the move name yelling. I said I was exercising them. I was like 5 or 6...

Benchwarmer is best for Donnel. Also, I read that on the parenting front, Donnel makes everyone lackluster - his "best" child winds up essentially being no different from their mother mod wise. I mean, sure, mods aren't everything, but they certainly don't help Donnel's case...

OMG who the hell cares

Remember that games are supposed to be fun...spend too much time debating stats and stuff and it becomes work.