• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanted to animate but > wings and im lazy so fuck it, have a still frame

Kayle from League of Legends

upRa9tN.png

[spoiler=chinese art because it provides a better full body reference]

1Jpp3R6.jpg

Dem wings. So gud.

Ooh, that one is my favorite so far, for sure! I mean, it looks like a winged knight! :D

But it's also a woman? Damn, I'd have never guessed that if nobody told me.

Edited by Anacybele

Kayle does generate confusion about her gender often

here a pic with her with the helmet off in a different skin

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110215194333/leagueoflegends/images/d/d9/Kayle_SilverSkin_Ch_old.jpg

Edited by Thor Odinson

She sounds a lot like Samus. lol

EDIT: She's blonde like Samus too. Wow. Also, a halo is over her head? So she's an angel knight?

Edited by Anacybele

soglEYW.png

Full custom.

Leona from League of Legends. Praise the Sun!! Praise the One True Support! \O/

Might do some edits to her skirt later on :/ screw shields...

Edit: Fixed her skirt, and slight changes to her sword.

[spoiler=Ref image]

Leona_0.jpg

Edited by Kramy

Nice.

Ngl I was stuck between Sejuani, Kayle, and Leona for the longest time and ultimately went with Kayle. Glad you did Leona! She's so cool.

Edited by Thor Odinson

0MeqqFQ.gif

Shulk from Xenoblade. Almost done, just a few return frames left.

EDIT- updated to finished version.

[spoiler=Artwork]SeVxq6B.png

Edited by Lt.Smirks

image.png

Prince from Etrian Odyssey 3/Untold 2(known as Sovereign in Etrian Mystery Dungeon), full custom.

[spoiler=ref]eo3-prince2.jpg

actually I want to make someone from Touken Ranbu but I already worked on him before I got into it(and that game really delayed my progress b/c it's really addicting)

Edited by singularity

Some nice entries... BTW, just a reminder to all deadline is midnight PST!

So... Get those entries in! ...or I dunno, bug me for an extension! XD

(Goes back to trying to working on his own entry)

Debating splitting this into Best Still sprite and Best Animated sprite categories if we get enough animated entries. Thoughts? :0

...Another extension? That's the third contest in a row now. At this point, you might as well just extend the deadline for every contest permanently. Because so far, none of these contests has actually ended at the deadline they were meant to. Just saying.

image.png

Prince from Etrian Odyssey 3/Untold 2(known as Sovereign in Etrian Mystery Dungeon), full custom.

[spoiler=ref]eo3-prince2.jpg

actually I want to make someone from Touken Ranbu but I already worked on him before I got into it(and that game really delayed my progress b/c it's really addicting)

Images are broken for me D:

which one :D, i thought about making Izumi or Tarou tbh

Edit: works now \o/

Edited by Thor Odinson

...Another extension? That's the third contest in a row now. At this point, you might as well just extend the deadline for every contest permanently. Because so far, none of these contests has actually ended at the deadline they were meant to. Just saying.

I could just make it really tight deadlines, and for some they prefer to run their contest that way. There is nothing wrong with that.

But, I know of several other entries that were being worked on when MercLord asked for more time. I would rather have more entries and participation/really cool works to look at rather than worry about 2 extra days. :\

If every biweekly battle sprite showdown gets a bit of an extension from here on, I am completely fine with that. I am also fine if none from this point need any extensions. The point of the deadline should be to encourage, not exclude works. :)

...and that same two days are time everybody is able to use if they so choose to touch something up/do some tweaks. So... Yeah. :|

DEADLINE extended to Tuesday 11:59pm PST.

Yeah, doesn't really look FE style to me at all. Even less so than Etain's or Sea Lion's entries. Not to sound rude, but I don't think it should be allowed. I mean, I was rejected from the last contest for not being within the rules, so others shouldn't get special privileges either. I swear I'm not trying to cause any trouble here, I just don't think it would be fair for this entry to be allowed it one of mine wasn't.

I didn't say anything about Etain's entry or Sea Lion's entry because they are still sorta FE styled. But this one, I don't see it at all. I'm sorry...

EDIT: Oh, half body only? I guess that might be different then, we HAVE seen giant dragon boss sprites in the GBA FE games with only half of their bodies being visible.

Edited by Anacybele